Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Parties – politicalbetting.com

1161718192022»

Comments

• Options
    Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 14,041
    Farooq said:

HYUFD said:

Ghedebrav said:

Of course you will be doing your bit to prevent it by wasting your vote in Mid Leicestershire!!!

I'm going to call out your idiotic "Waste your vote" statement again because I've seen you do this with me twice now before.

How do people waste there vote? What should they do?

I'm in Bootle.
    If I vote Labour, I've wasted my vote because Labour will get 1 trillion billion to the power of a trillion votes. One more is wasted because it won't help them win.
    If I vote not-Labour, what's the point? Will the not-Labour candidate feel better by getting two votes instead of one and coming second as the best loser? Either way, that vote is wasted.

So tell me, if you ever did.... why is voting not-Labour in Bootle a wasted vote? Why is voting Labour the same?

We can discuss FPTP all day. It's shit, we know. But the two parties won't change it because then they might not win.
    The Tories might want to change it after July 4th.
    It is a self-evident truth that anyone wishing to introduce PR will never be in a position to do so.
    Reform even more so, 17% gets them 0 seats (or at most Clacton and Ashfield).

All a vote for Reform does under FPTP is hand Labour or the LDs extra seats
    Indeed, and paradoxically the Libs are likely to become zealous converts to FPP if this carries on.
    What, if they get 9.6% of the seats on 12% of the vote, they'll suddenly be in favour of FPTP?
    Nah, PR is in the LD DNA.
  • Options
    PedestrianRockPedestrianRock Posts: 467
    AlsoLei said:

What is the most "exciting" plausible Survation? 15% for Tories? 20% for RefUK?

https://x.com/suellabraverman/status/1798404728570741168?s=46

Anyone notice the massive lack of Tory branding of any sort on Suella’s campaign video?

Talking your book a bit :smiley: - the leaflets have them. I think people just embarassed to be Tory at this point.

(although you've successfully spooked me into scratching 95% of that 0 defections... )
    Haha yes I am getting carried away but certainly everything is lining up for something big…if you are Suella this is surely the moment
    Braverman's in with a decent shout of being next Tory leader. Why would she defect to a party that's still set up to be nothing more than a Farage vanity vehicle, and where she'd have no influence or clout?
    Probably right, but maybe for those slightly lower down in the pecking order who still have leadership ambitions post a potential Tory Reform merger…
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 49,321
    edited June 6

Farooq said:

HYUFD said:

Ghedebrav said:

Of course you will be doing your bit to prevent it by wasting your vote in Mid Leicestershire!!!

I'm going to call out your idiotic "Waste your vote" statement again because I've seen you do this with me twice now before.

How do people waste there vote? What should they do?

I'm in Bootle.
    If I vote Labour, I've wasted my vote because Labour will get 1 trillion billion to the power of a trillion votes. One more is wasted because it won't help them win.
    If I vote not-Labour, what's the point? Will the not-Labour candidate feel better by getting two votes instead of one and coming second as the best loser? Either way, that vote is wasted.

So tell me, if you ever did.... why is voting not-Labour in Bootle a wasted vote? Why is voting Labour the same?

We can discuss FPTP all day. It's shit, we know. But the two parties won't change it because then they might not win.
    The Tories might want to change it after July 4th.
    It is a self-evident truth that anyone wishing to introduce PR will never be in a position to do so.
    Reform even more so, 17% gets them 0 seats (or at most Clacton and Ashfield).

All a vote for Reform does under FPTP is hand Labour or the LDs extra seats
    Indeed, and paradoxically the Libs are likely to become zealous converts to FPP if this carries on.
    What, if they get 9.6% of the seats on 12% of the vote, they'll suddenly be in favour of FPTP?
    Nah, PR is in the LD DNA.
    “We should have a modern government like the Netherlands.”
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 9,615
    If I were the Tories I'd be bussing all my activists into the 100 'safest' seats and praying
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 28,129

https://x.com/samfr/status/1798747043734991254?s=46

In the Redfield poll the Conservatives are losing 32% of their 2019 voters to Reform. Labour just 4%. As with YouGov yesterday it's completely asymmetric.

As Professor Sir John Curtice said a few days ago. Only to be rubbished by @HYUFD
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,332
    Sandpit said:

My personal favourite shot was the car-mounted camera, which went out in a practice session to be overtaken by all the F1 cars.

Mercedes 190SL. I could overtake it riding Princess Grace.
  • Options

Ilford North still without a Tory candidate, per Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilford_North_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

Thinking of standing, Sunil?
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 16,160
    ToryJim said:

EXC: Hospitalised David Duguid to miss out on £15k redundancy payment after Douglas Ross selection row.

But Ross will get the redundo if he loses on July 4th.

dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/…

Ross’s behaviour gets less edifying the more you look at it…

Does Ross get two salaries from the each the of parliaments he supposedly attends?
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 26,219

If I were the Tories I'd be bussing all my activists into the 100 'safest' seats and praying

Do they have enough activists to completely cover all 100 seats....
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,463

Scott_xP said:

Which means that if they do eclipse the Tories in this election, the people who will carry they blame will be those who plotted against Boris and brought him down.

The blame lies with those who elected BoZo to begin with
    So not Cameron legging it after he failed to win a referendum he called ?
    Yet we’re, generally speaking, abusing Vaughan Gething for NOT doing something very similar.
  • Options
    GhedebravGhedebrav Posts: 3,620
    AlsoLei said:

What is the most "exciting" plausible Survation? 15% for Tories? 20% for RefUK?

https://x.com/suellabraverman/status/1798404728570741168?s=46

Anyone notice the massive lack of Tory branding of any sort on Suella’s campaign video?

Talking your book a bit :smiley: - the leaflets have them. I think people just embarassed to be Tory at this point.

(although you've successfully spooked me into scratching 95% of that 0 defections... )
    Haha yes I am getting carried away but certainly everything is lining up for something big…if you are Suella this is surely the moment
    Braverman's in with a decent shout of being next Tory leader. Why would she defect to a party that's still set up to be nothing more than a Farage vanity vehicle, and where she'd have no influence or clout?
    She had one of the safest seats too.

I wouldn’t be hugely surprised at a defector or two, but they’re likely to be sideshow nutbags/egotists like Cates or Jenkyns.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,328
    FF43 said:

ToryJim said:

EXC: Hospitalised David Duguid to miss out on £15k redundancy payment after Douglas Ross selection row.

Does Ross get two salaries from the each the of parliaments he supposedly attends?
    You think he get four salaries in all?

• Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 50,140

Not really, I'm looking forward to voting Labour again :)
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,568
    I don't normally bet on the US election, but I've laid Biden for the Dem nomination. I think it's at the point where it is now cruel to make him keep going.
  • Options
    eek said:

Do they have enough activists to completely cover all 100 seats....
    I'm not sure they have enough voters to
  • Options
    FF43 said:

ToryJim said:

He was supposed to stand down in order to concentrate on Holyrood.
  • Options

USA on top against Pakistan in the T20.

Yikes! What are they playing on today, corrugated iron?
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 34,656
    @Survation
    NEW: First Westminster voting intention since Farage announced his candidacy.

LAB 43 (-4)
    CON 23 (-1)
    LD 9 (-2)
    GRN 5 (+2)
    RFM 15 (+7)
    SNP 3 (-)
    OTH 3 (-1)

F/w 5th - 6th June. Changes vs. 27th May 2024. 1,056 adults in Great Britain.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 41,293
    edited June 6
    geoffw said:

FF43 said:

ToryJim said:

You think he get four salaries in all?

Five, or at least a fifth something from the footie association. But no, not two from each pmt.
  • Options
    bigglesbiggles Posts: 5,417
    In the event Reform actually got 15-20%, and the Tories LibDems split 20/9, presumably all the seat models are just broken?

We can say there’d be a massive Labour majority, but the rest will have to unfold on the night.
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,477
    edited June 6
    kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

https://x.com/jamesjohnson252/status/1798734299572703283?s=46

NEW: @TimesRadio @JLPartnersPolls focus group with Conservative-to-Reform switchers in Gedling, Ashfield and Derby North

💥 Nigel Farage "positive", "vocal", "outspoken", "arrogant", "refreshing"

💥 They like - and want - a "Donald Trump for the UK", someone not a "gentleman" but strong and who will get things done

💥 Rishi Sunak is "embarrassing", a "waste of space", "ineffective" and a "powerless puppet"

💥 Politician after politician - Tory and Labour - have failed them on immigration, taxes, and promises, and that is why they are opting for Reform UK. "Change is worth a go"

💥 I read out the Tory 'squeeze message': that a vote for Reform is a vote for Starmer. This was dismissed as a "ploy" to "scare" voters: "I'm voting for whoever I want"

💥 I then read out the 'mega-squeeze': surely a vote for Reform just makes a massive Labour majority more likely? The answer: a Tory government under Sunak would be the same as a Labour landslide - high immigration, high taxes.

💥 In their words, this focus group are "done" with the Conservatives and won't be coming back.

Focus groups are not representative, so the picture in the country could be very different. But if it's anything like this then the Tories are in a truly dire - even existential - situation.

podfollow.com/660638948/epis…

Something that is often forgotten - a large number of the 2019 Tory vote might be considered natural 2024 Reform voters, who had merely lent their votes to 2019 Boris as the closest thing to Farage that they could get.

Yes. I think there's a big overlap between people who will vote Reform (esp now with Farage) and people who would vote Tory again only if Boris Johnson were still leader.
    Which means that if they do eclipse the Tories in this election, the people who will carry they blame will be those who plotted against Boris and brought him down.
    There's little doubt he'd be doing less badly in the polls, but he lost the dressing room, didn't he. Lied so relentlessly that there weren't enough MPs willing to work for him. Couldn't form a government. So, you know, what can you do.

They picked him to win an election despite knowing he was unfit for any high office let alone PM, then they ditched him when he proved unfit for any high office let alone PM. Stupid and self-indulgent. In fact you'd have thought they couldn't get more stupid and self-indulgent, but you'd be wrong because then they chose Liz Truss.

If it is a punishment beating on 4th July it's well merited and pretty much the whole party is to blame.
    Yep, and until they own it, they aren’t going to recover.
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 12,365

Not really, I'm looking forward to voting Labour again :)
    You can do both
  • Options
    biggles said:

In the event Reform actually got 15-20%, and the Tories LibDems split 20/9, presumably all the seat models are just broken?

We can say there’d be a massive Labour majority, but the rest will have to unfold on the night.

Either way, grab a huge vat of popcorn :lol:
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,912

New Thread

• Options
    I think the Tories will take that movement
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 49,321
    Scott_xP said:

@Survation
    NEW: First Westminster voting intention since Farage announced his candidacy.

LAB 43 (-4)
    CON 23 (-1)
    LD 9 (-2)
    GRN 5 (+2)
    RFM 15 (+7)
    SNP 3 (-)
    OTH 3 (-1)

F/w 5th - 6th June. Changes vs. 27th May 2024. 1,056 adults in Great Britain.

Reform are a real threat to Labour in the Red Wall.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 24,445

FF43 said:

ToryJim said:

He was supposed to stand down in order to concentrate on Holyrood.
    Ive just found out my Con candidate is Chris Clarkson, He jumped seat. Angela Rayner described him as scum so that's probably a recommendation
  • Options
    pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,542

https://x.com/jamesjohnson252/status/1798734299572703283?s=46

NEW: @TimesRadio @JLPartnersPolls focus group with Conservative-to-Reform switchers in Gedling, Ashfield and Derby North

💥 Nigel Farage "positive", "vocal", "outspoken", "arrogant", "refreshing"

💥 They like - and want - a "Donald Trump for the UK", someone not a "gentleman" but strong and who will get things done

💥 Rishi Sunak is "embarrassing", a "waste of space", "ineffective" and a "powerless puppet"

💥 Politician after politician - Tory and Labour - have failed them on immigration, taxes, and promises, and that is why they are opting for Reform UK. "Change is worth a go"

💥 I read out the Tory 'squeeze message': that a vote for Reform is a vote for Starmer. This was dismissed as a "ploy" to "scare" voters: "I'm voting for whoever I want"

💥 I then read out the 'mega-squeeze': surely a vote for Reform just makes a massive Labour majority more likely? The answer: a Tory government under Sunak would be the same as a Labour landslide - high immigration, high taxes.

💥 In their words, this focus group are "done" with the Conservatives and won't be coming back.

Focus groups are not representative, so the picture in the country could be very different. But if it's anything like this then the Tories are in a truly dire - even existential - situation.

podfollow.com/660638948/epis…

Something that is often forgotten - a large number of the 2019 Tory vote might be considered natural 2024 Reform voters, who had merely lent their votes to 2019 Boris as the closest thing to Farage that they could get.

Cakeists who respond to cakeist messaging. If they think they're in the shit with high taxes, let's see how they like living in a low tax economy. The net benefit won't be felt by people like them.
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 12,365

This thread has been deselected whilst in hospital

• Options
    edited June 6
    rcs1000 said:

New Thread

Now active...
  • Options
    There should also be a post Farage focaldata out today too
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 60,118
    David Duguid is set to lose out on a nearly £15,000 redundancy payment because of a Tory selection row.

The former Banff and Buchan MP - who is currently in hospital - will not be eligible to receive a loss of office payment after he was chucked by the Conservatives as a candidate....

...Duguid would have received £14,700 for his seven years as an MP but will now not do so because the Tories binned him as a candidate.

If Ross loses the constituency he will receive the loss of office payment. He was previously not set to do so as he had chosen not to stand.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/david-duguid-miss-out-15k-32976900

What a first class see you next Tuesday....
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

What part of “this wouldn’t be happening if BoJo were still leader” don’t you understand?
    BoJo's behaviour regarding Chris Pincher started the slide downhill. Note that there haven't been any Tory poll leads since December 2021. Yep, 2021!!
    There may never be one again
    Like Labour, they will always come back, with or without a Reform merger (formal or not).

Labour got written off in 1983, 1987, 1992, 2015, 2017, and 2019. The Tories got written off in 1997, 2001 (lots of “strange death of Tory England” articles), and 2005.

It takes a special event to kill a major party. The rid of unions saw Labour overtake the Liberals, but even then in reality they just displaced and replaced them. A vehicle will rise on the right/centre right. It always does.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 33,361
    Chris said:

Chris said:

Scott_xP said:

@RedfieldWilton
    Tied-lowest ever Conservative %.

Equals worst under Liz Truss.

Highest ever Reform UK %.

Westminster VI (5/6-6/6):

Labour 42% (-4)
    Conservative 19% (-1)
    Reform UK 17% (+3)
    Lib Dem 12% (+2)
    Green 6% (+1)
    SNP 3% (+1)
    Other 2% (–)

Changes +/- 31/5-2/6

Fieldwork 5-6 June – no 'debate bounce' for Sunak although quite a chunk out of the Labour share that has seemingly gone to LibGrnRef.
    Quite consistent with the YouGov new methodology, obviously.

Pretty much Sunak's worst nightmare.
    Just for fun, Baxtered:

CON 40
    LAB 507
    LIB 63
    REF 2
    GRN 2
    SNP 14
    PLC 4

LAB majority of 364.

Tories third party.
    Is it safe to assume Sunak won't be telling the biggest whopper he can think of in the next debate?
    Do you think he can stop himself?
  • Options

David Duguid is set to lose out on a nearly £15,000 redundancy payment because of a Tory selection row.

The former Banff and Buchan MP - who is currently in hospital - will not be eligible to receive a loss of office payment after he was chucked by the Conservatives as a candidate....

...Duguid would have received £14,700 for his seven years as an MP but will now not do so because the Tories binned him as a candidate.

If Ross loses the constituency he will receive the loss of office payment. He was previously not set to do so as he had chosen not to stand.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/david-duguid-miss-out-15k-32976900

What a first class see you next Tuesday....

I don't think that is correct nowadays - the rules for payments on leaving Parliament have changed.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

What part of “this wouldn’t be happening if BoJo were still leader” don’t you understand?
    Few on this website seem to grasp this. Even post Covid Boris, had they kept him, would be on track to at least force a hung Parliament.
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,332
    tlg86 said:

I don't normally bet on the US election, but I've laid Biden for the Dem nomination. I think it's at the point where it is now cruel to make him keep going.

He looked out of it at the War Christmas shit in Normandie. Hunter's trial(s) bollocks appears to be peaking at the most inconvenient time possible too.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,509
    biggles said:

Scott_xP said:

Few on this website seem to grasp this. Even post Covid Boris, had they kept him, would be on track to at least force a hung Parliament.
    Very doubtful given he would not have survived the enforced by election due to him being a law breaking lying scumbag.
This discussion has been closed.