Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » While we await the Cummings presser my nomination for the book

Comments

• rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,626
    On topic,

What are the books the Reverent Bishop is hiding behind the copies of Wisden?

Who stacks books in front of books in that way?

I think this could be the real scandal.
  • another_richardanother_richard Posts: 24,902
    tyson said:

tyson said:

tyson said:

tyson said:

Yorkcity said:

TOPPING said:

isam said:

I don't care if he was recovering from an operation, his missus had got covid-19 and his son is autistic - No sympathy, I want him sacked.

Same as I would any normal member of the public in those circumstances

Listen, the Chief Constable had broken his leg in February and his aunt has diabetes so I think he should be let off the theft of a Mars Bar. Just like any normal member of the public.
    How many normal members of the public have broken some aspect of the lockdown regulations and received no penalty whatsoever? Millions by now, surely? So actually quite a bit like a normal member of the public after all.
    Surely it is the quarantine regulations he has broken ?

Most normal people would not have gone and put their aged parents at risk.
    Knowing they had the virus.
    However most normal people would think you are a complete bastard to drive 250 miles to do that.
    My wife has just booked tickets in July,......

About the quarantine in the UK....she said.. "who cares? it's OK for Cummings to drive someone with symptoms across the country, it is certainly more than OK for me to see my elderly mother and return without abiding by these rules....."
    That depends how much she is willing to put her mother at risk.

Just because someone else acts irresponsibly doesn't mean that you should do likewise even if you can.
    My wife doesn't have to quarantine in Italy...it is coming back to the UK where the rules apply....and obviously those rules have become a free for all thanks to Dom's unapologetic recklessness.....

Quarantine or not your wife seeing her mother is a risk factor - now that may be a risk they are willing to take but that shouldn't be affected by what someone else did or didn't do over a month ago.

And the government has never intended to police any quarantine - that would have been left to employers to do.
    I'd like to see how many employers will be policing their staff when they return from trips abroad...

I really don't want my wife to go (and my wife doesn't want to go)...and have used your argument...but her mum is desperate to see her...my father-in-law died a couple of years ago, and she is by herself....

But Cummings actions....have released my wife from the argument that she has to quarantine coming back- which is why she has booked this morning....
    My employer will be.

Not out of concern about government guidelines but because we don't want to risk multiple infections among employees.

Albeit a theoretical stance at present as it hasn't yet applied to anyone.
    No...if there was no quarantine rule on coming back, your employer would be fine if you stuck to the self isolating on symptoms rule....

Would your employer care if you went for a bike ride, or went shopping, or went for a run at the weekend?

The quarantine rule is a big ask for people without symptoms....
    They wont know what an employee is doing at home and they wont care.

But the employee will not be at work at risk of infecting other employees.
  • SirNorfolkPassmoreSirNorfolkPassmore Posts: 6,112
    edited May 2020
    DougSeal said:

Alistair said:

Sandpit said:

Alistair said:

If any member of the press asks a question longer than about 12 words they should be sacked or they are a Cummings plant.

I am not convinced Robert Preston could ask a question in fewer than 12 words if his life depended upon it.
    Cummings is relying on the Lobby completely messing this one up, with 10m people watching it.

Remember that the vast majority of people don't know him and have never seen him speak, if he comes across as intelligent and articulate (which he likely will), it could swing public opinion towards him.
    Do we have any footage of his appearances in front of select comittees. Doesn't he come across as a tetchy know it all blow hard?
    Yes he does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvRHlEjWRSE
    Put it this way. If a witness of mine answered questions in that manner in an employment tribunal I would, at that point, know I had lost. That was all about making himself look clever - which is poison to any judge, panel or jury.
    He wasn't there to persuade a panel though, was he? He was there to stonewall and not give an inch. The Committee were, he might rightly think, unpersuadable anyway.

Obviously, he needs to find a different gear today and make a case to the viewing public. But the fact he can stonewall doesn't necessarily mean he can't do other things. We shall see.
  • Mr Battery, I like that
  • eekeek Posts: 24,698
    Chris said:

Stocky said:

Scott_xP said:
    Is Stella so blinded by loyalty as not to see it is a moral social code that has been breached. It no longer matters if he broke one of his self drafted laws.
    Let`s not change the argument. Posts here were violently accusing him of breaking lockdown rules.

Let`s see if he did or didn`t. It he didn`t let`s see some retractions from media outlets. If he did, he must go.
    Obviously, as Cyclefree says, that can be determined only by the courts.

So good idea.
    The next set of rules will need to be legally watertight - as belief me people will be driving a state carriage with 16 horses through them.

On topic, surely the copies of Wisden have been placed to cover up the actual books on the bookshelf. What's the bishop hiding? Satanism for Dummies? The Kama Sutra? Jeffrey Archer?

Snap. Damn it, I thought my comment was really clever, but it was really 90 seconds late.
  • RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 26,907
    Scott_xP said:

What I really want Dom to say is "I am the man who makes the bhaji go away..."

Surely you mean "I will not eat the pissy biscuit"
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,916
    Mr. Battery, you appear to be complimenting yourself. Or is this an avant garde homage to Ed Balls?
  • Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    Andy_JS said:

"UK ready to move to phase two from next week with more lockdown easing"

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/25/uk-ready-move-phase-two-next-week-lockdown-easing-12753897/

Good news - let's get on with it

And let's accelerate Stage 3 to 22 June
  • DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,059
    rcs1000 said:

On topic,

What are the books the Reverent Bishop is hiding behind the copies of Wisden?

Who stacks books in front of books in that way?

I think this could be the real scandal.

I used some old law school textbooks to cover up my wife's extensive collection of true crime serial killer books that would have otherwise made me look like a psychopath. That backfired as I came accross as irredemably boring instead.
  • Stocky said:

tyson said:

alterego said:

tyson said:

Yorkcity said:

TOPPING said:

isam said:

I don't care if he was recovering from an operation, his missus had got covid-19 and his son is autistic - No sympathy, I want him sacked.

Listen, the Chief Constable had broken his leg in February and his aunt has diabetes so I think he should be let off the theft of a Mars Bar. Just like any normal member of the public.
    How many normal members of the public have broken some aspect of the lockdown regulations and received no penalty whatsoever? Millions by now, surely? So actually quite a bit like a normal member of the public after all.

However most normal people would think you are a complete bastard to drive 250 miles to do that.

About the quarantine in the UK....she said.. "who cares? it's OK for Cummings to drive someone with symptoms across the country, it is certainly more than OK for me to see my elderly mother and return without abiding by these rules....."
    So she is doing that just 'cos of DC? That would be very twerpish.
    My wife is not sick...does not have symptoms....she is making an assumption that if she returns from Italy without symptoms she'll not bother with the quarantine because what Dom has done makes that OK....

Exactly why you cannot have one rule for some and one for others....
    You got the £1000 ready in case she's fined?

She will be very unlucky to get caught.

Once Cummings floodgates open the police will neither have the resources or inclination to stop everybody.

Boris is responsible for giving the green light to follow your intuition.
    Considering Boris had already told people they should use their own common sense ...

... I find it hilarious now to see critics suggesting the green light has been given to use your common sense.

Why wasn't Boris literally saying to use your common sense not green light enough? Why did it need this to green light it?
    I wonder how many of the people complaining that they wanted specific guidelines and didn't want to think for themselves are now saying people should do what they want because of something someone else did over a month ago.

There seems to be people who don't want to think for themselves and don't want to take any responsibility for their actions but instead want someone to blame if doing what they want to do goes wrong.
    Very well said.

I think the left right divide can sometimes (certainly not always) be summed up as simply how willing you are to accept personal responsibility for your decision making.

One reason I struggle to get exercised by this whole saga if it was for legitimate childcare reasons is literally anyone could make decisions for themselves if they had special childcare requirements.

The day we live in a world where it's set rules for everyone with no thinking for yourself is a very bad one.
    The question is does responsibility for actions end with you and your children - or are their wider responsibilities you have to others - that would preclude driving a corona hotbox cross country.
    We don`t know the circumstances. People were so quick to judge yesterday. A three/four hour drive, no stops, no need to refuel, is easily feasible.
    Sure. But we know that they drove to Durham with Covid symptoms. He knew the rules were to not leave your premises for a week - and other members of the household for two weeks (unless developing symptoms). He knew that the rules were for public health - because he helped devise them.

The question is ultimately what benefit does his presence offer to public health against what cost?

I really want to understand what that benefit is - beyond sticking it to certain factions in a culture war most of us have little interest in.
  • BannedinnParisBannedinnParis Posts: 1,884

On topic, surely the copies of Wisden have been placed to cover up the actual books on the bookshelf. What's the bishop hiding? Satanism for Dummies? The Kama Sutra? Jeffrey Archer?

probably best to burn them all anyway, just on the off chance.
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,656
    rcs1000 said:

Snap. Damn it, I thought my comment was really clever, but it was really 90 seconds late.
    Surely you can fix that...
  • tysontyson Posts: 6,049

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

tyson said:

Yorkcity said:

TOPPING said:

isam said:

Absolutely, no chance of quarantine working now, might as well be a free for all.
    At £1,000 a pop that's one way to fill the deficit.....
    Its not going to happen. The governments plan is in shreds.
    You think they'll drop the quarantine?
    No...people will just not stick to it....

And when we need to self distance in the months ahead...people will struggle with that one....and the second wave hits.....

Cummingsgate has undermined Govt messaging....
  • Mr. Battery, you appear to be complimenting yourself. Or is this an avant garde homage to Ed Balls?

Correct Horse Battery
  • El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870

The Graham Kendrick Songbook?
    Leaked footage of Dom rehearsing his speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj4adAAHa68
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,788
    Stocky said:

tyson said:

alterego said:

tyson said:

Yorkcity said:

TOPPING said:

isam said:

My wife is not sick...does not have symptoms....she is making an assumption that if she returns from Italy without symptoms she'll not bother with the quarantine because what Dom has done makes that OK....

Once Cummings floodgates open the police will neither have the resources or inclination to stop everybody.

Considering Boris had already told people they should use their own common sense ...

... I find it hilarious now to see critics suggesting the green light has been given to use your common sense.

Why wasn't Boris literally saying to use your common sense not green light enough? Why did it need this to green light it?
    I wonder how many of the people complaining that they wanted specific guidelines and didn't want to think for themselves are now saying people should do what they want because of something someone else did over a month ago.

There seems to be people who don't want to think for themselves and don't want to take any responsibility for their actions but instead want someone to blame if doing what they want to do goes wrong.
    Very well said.

I think the left right divide can sometimes (certainly not always) be summed up as simply how willing you are to accept personal responsibility for your decision making.

One reason I struggle to get exercised by this whole saga if it was for legitimate childcare reasons is literally anyone could make decisions for themselves if they had special childcare requirements.

The day we live in a world where it's set rules for everyone with no thinking for yourself is a very bad one.
    The question is does responsibility for actions end with you and your children - or are their wider responsibilities you have to others - that would preclude driving a corona hotbox cross country.
    We don`t know the circumstances. People were so quick to judge yesterday. A three/four hour drive, no stops, no need to refuel, is easily feasible.
    260 miles including a 4 year old child and not one of them needed a piss ? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
  • OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 14,854
    rcs1000 said:

Great minds and all that.
  • OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,655
    edited May 2020
    Good afternoon everyone; just had a nice 5km walk in the local countryside. Quite a lot of people about on the paths; must have seen 20, inc. children, and there was quite a lot of noise from the local A road, which is a popular route to the NE Essex coast. Much more noise than during the past few weeks.

I'm expecting anything from the Rose Garden from 'F' off the lot of you. What I do is right' to 'I'm dreadful;y sorry to have embarrassed my dear friend Boris, for whom I have the highest admiration.'

Which will it be?
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,456
    Alex Dean paraphrased, 'it is Emily Thornberry's fault'.
  • contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818
    DougSeal said:

Dom "harming" lockdown? Sorry, what lockdown? I live in a seaside town and lockdown has been over for a fortnight already. The suggestion that something Cummings did a month ago changes public behaviour now is laughable, life's already getting back to normal at a rapid rate.

Beautiful, sunny Bank Holiday by the beach here. No one social distancing, no one wearing masks, gangs of youths drinking on the sea wall etc.

I, meanwhilE, remain hunkered indoors working, looking forward to the increased taxes I will have to pay in perpetuity to fund people being on furlough - and enjoying their ice creams - until OCTOBER.

Whitstable has been dead for several weeks. My parents live in Blean and have a beach hut on Tankerton Slopes. They've been twice, once when it was reported it had been vandalised (it hadn't) and once when the restrictions were relaxed to actually use it (CCC confirmed that was okay). I'm off there later.
    Someone phoning a radio show from Bournemouth said the beach car park was full at 9am this morning.
  • El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870
    Pulpstar said:

260 miles including a 4 year old child and not one of them needed a piss ? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Doable at night, to be honest. You put the kid in pyjamas before setting off and play their favourite soothing CD. Usually takes about 20 minutes for ours to drop off to sleep in such circumstances. (Whereas it takes the little darling twice as long as that in his own bed...)
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,497
    Stocky said:

tyson said:

alterego said:

tyson said:

Yorkcity said:

TOPPING said:

isam said:

Very well said.

Was @Dura_Ace in the car as well?

Can’t imagine anyone else would have done London to Durham in three hours...
  • Watching the BBC programme, the BBC are circling the wagons.The whole thing is a circus, it is total bollocks!

Never watch the build up, remember the Cup Final. Only switch on when everyone is singing 'Abide With Me'.
    BBC expert commentary from Harwood from Guido Fawkes. Utter nonsense.
  • ChrisChris Posts: 10,991

Watching the BBC programme, the BBC are circling the wagons.The whole thing is a circus, it is total bollocks!

Never watch the build up, remember the Cup Final. Only switch on when everyone is singing 'Abide With Me'.
    I think if he enters the garden to the strains of "Dancing Queen" it's safe to say he won't be resigning.
  • CorrectHorseBatteryCorrectHorseBattery Posts: 21,436
    edited May 2020
    I used to drive up to the North, 300 or so miles.

I never once didn't stop on the way for a wee.
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 38,957
    Pulpstar said:

Stocky said:

tyson said:

alterego said:

tyson said:

Yorkcity said:

TOPPING said:

isam said:

Very well said.

Cut the top off a plastic milk bottle and use it to pee in, is the answer, so I'm afraid that line doesn't work.
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Cyclefree said:

Is Dominic seriously going to find a way to weasel out of this

You can sense the disappointment of people that they might not get their political opponent.

There's a word for that and it's witch-hunt.

If Cummings had a reasonable excuse for what he did he acted lawfully as would anyone, literally anyone, who did the same thing with a reasonable excuse. That's not weasel behaviour.
    You are, with the greatest of respect, completely missing the point.

First - timing. Odd that he should be explaining himself after the PM absolved him yesterday. Whatever else it does it shows that the PM failed in his job yesterday. It undermines the PM, whatever the outcome.

Second - the tests under the law are whether the excuse was “reasonable” and the journey “necessary”. These are objective tests determined by a court, if it comes to that, not matters which you decide for yourself. You can explain why you did what you did but you are not the person who determines whether you acted within the law. Nor the PM.

Third - the guidelines. He may have acted lawfully but completely contrary to the guidelines. That is not good enough when the government’s whole message has been about complying with the guidelines.

Fourth - sob stories. Everyone has sob stories. If he tries to garner sympathy now it will look manipulative rather than genuine. The time to do that was when the story broke coupled with an apology. Not now as part of some sort of Top Trumps Sob Story competition.

Fifth - the optics. Fair play, not taking the piss, not acting as if the rules don’t apply to you - that is what people expect and why his behaviour and the reaction to being questioned on it have undermined and annoyed people. People feel as if they have been taken for fools. That is what needs to be addressed now not legal technicalities.

Does Cummings have the emotional intelligence to understand that and deal with it properly?
    First is a political point. I said that Boris screwed up the optics of this. That goes for point five too.

Second is wrong. The courts are the final arbiter of what is wrong or reasonable. They are not the first arbiter. The first is people need to determine for themselves what is reasonable, that applies for all of us. Then the Police can get involved in which case if they agree it's reasonable that's the end of the matter too - they don't send all cases to the courts. Then the CPS can get involved if need be. Only then can the courts get involved to settle disputes. The idea nobody outside of courts can make a decision is preposterous.

Third - If the guidelines didn't fit his emergency situation (if he genuinely had one) so be it. As the DCMO said six weeks ago. Exceptional circumstances can arise.

Fourth is media nonsense and raw politics. If he was genuine he should act in the genuine interests of his family within the law. Other people's sob stories don't change that so long as he acted reasonably and within the law.
  • OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,911

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

isam said:

Whatever Dom is I really don't think you can say he is like a normal member of the public.
    Your implicit complaint was that he is being treated better than a normal member of the public. I was just pointing out that a substantial chunk of the public has received no censure whatsoever for their own individual violations of lockdown, let alone become the subject of a nationwide witch hunt...
    Wilfully or otherwise you refuse to see the distinction between lockdown and quarantine/self isolation when you and/or your family have the virus
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,541
    Switches on Sky News, sees that they're interviewing Ash Sarkar, switches off again.
    Chris said:

Watching the BBC programme, the BBC are circling the wagons.The whole thing is a circus, it is total bollocks!

I think if he enters the garden to the strains of "Dancing Queen" it's safe to say he won't be resigning.
    More likely ‘When all is said and done’ given how impenitent he’s been.

You can get Botox injections to the bladder, it will help.
  • Tom Harwood, gaslighting champion and Tory activist extraordinaire
  • AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    So, does Dominic Cummings have a Nuralagus Rex to pull out of his baseball cap?
  • Sandpit said:

Switches on Sky News, sees that they're interviewing Ash Sarkar, switches off again.

Just put on Beeb to see that little twerp from Guido's website. Assume all the actual journalists are busy.
  • CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,052
    Andrew said:

Cyclefree said:

Something does not add up about this story. About why Boris has expended so much capital on him and, notably, about why there was no response on whether he had been in Barnard Castle.

So maybe something else was going on.

Was thinking the same yesterday. Seemed odd to take so much flak when it's easy to leave and return, Mandelson-style.

The "on secret govt business" line seems to be one of few ways he can survive this. Maybe add on mobile phone tracking data to concrete his movements a bit better - was noticeable yesterday the govt were specifically calling some of his sightings as fake.

Begs the question of what was secret and why. Also why that was not said at the beginning.
  • The moving letter is on the BBC site now, fair to say that's left the bubble
    So will the Prime Ministerial crest be on the lectern as normal?
  • BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556
    Sandpit said:

Because someone who is 'literally a communist' is going to have a lot to add to the discussion, obviously.
    Ave_it said:

Andy_JS said:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/25/uk-ready-move-phase-two-next-week-lockdown-easing-12753897/

The public is already at Stage 3, judging by the photographs today. The government is trying to catch up.
  • eek said:

Chris said:

Stocky said:

Scott_xP said:
    Is Stella so blinded by loyalty as not to see it is a moral social code that has been breached. It no longer matters if he broke one of his self drafted laws.
    Let`s not change the argument. Posts here were violently accusing him of breaking lockdown rules.

Let`s see if he did or didn`t. It he didn`t let`s see some retractions from media outlets. If he did, he must go.
    Obviously, as Cyclefree says, that can be determined only by the courts.

So good idea.
    The next set of rules will need to be legally watertight - as belief me people will be driving a state carriage with 16 horses through them.
    In principle, it wasn't wrong to allow "reasonable excuse" without giving an exhaustive list of what is reasonable, and nor does it mean it was poorly drafted.

If the new regulations don't allow for the possibility that a circumstances may arise outside the strict, specific exceptions provided for in the regulations, that can easily lead to unfairness.

I think it's unfair to accuse the regulations of not being watertight simply because there is room to argue the justice of a case on individual circumstances.

By the way, I personally think the idea he was within "reasonable excuse" is absolutely for the birds. Going to Durham was convenient for him, but it was nowhere near the level of necessity implied by the list of examples of "reasonable excuse" as there were lots of other options available to him. If you reduce it to "convenient excuse" the provision loses all meaning and you may as well not bother at all.
  • tysontyson Posts: 6,049
    Whatever Cummings says at 4.00.....

The bigger story is why is the Govt allowing a SPAD make a public statement from rose garden....seriously what has gone wrong?

Tom Harwood has explained Cummings has done nothing, the guilty parties are Tahir Ali who went to a funeral, Stephen Kinnock who partied with his parents and Vaughan Gething, who went to the park.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 57,971

Ave_it said:

Andy_JS said:

The public is already at Stage 3, judging by the photographs today. The government is trying to catch up.
    There are no stages now. The exit strategy was blown to pieces over this weekend by the actions of the two most important people involved in the strategy.
  • BannedinnParisBannedinnParis Posts: 1,884

Sandpit said:

Because someone who is 'literally a communist' is going to have a lot to add to the discussion, obviously.
    what I genuinely don't get is how they're perceived as adding any value to any discussion. they've been consistently wrong for the last 5 years.
    Scott_xP said:
    Dom to face the press?

Its a bold strategy Cotton, lets see if it pays off for 'em
    What massive dead cat is about to be thrown onto the table?
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Pulpstar said:

Stocky said:

tyson said:

alterego said:

tyson said:

Yorkcity said:

TOPPING said:

isam said:

Very well said.

Go at night when the child is asleep and that's perfectly doable.
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,652
    He is late!!
    There are many fine things to see in or near Barnard Castle: the castle itself, the Bowes Museum, Egglestone Abbey, Raby Castle etc. Unfortunately all closed.

So why was Cummings there?
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,916
    Mr. Tyson, well, quite.
  • OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 14,854
    The right wing chap on the telly: if he can afford a Union Jack surely he can afford a fucking hairbrush?
  • rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    HYUFD said:

eadric said:

Some disturbing reading to pass the time as we wait. A quarter of covid deaths in Mexico are people aged 25-49

!!

https://twitter.com/MBA1930/status/1264602340981645312?s=20

So even in Mexico over 75% of Covid deaths are in over 50s, yet Mexico has a median age of just 28 compared to 40 in the UK
    It has a high obesity rate.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the globe ... Japan has the world's highest lifespan, a low obesity rate, quite a healthy die, a low virus death rate and life's relatively back to normal.

Make your choice ...
  • Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,191

Not sure about that. I reckon I could drive 250 miles without a pee, but with a four year old and sick wife in the car. Very unlikely.

(Don't really like the milk bottle idea....bit messy, risky. Wouldn't have worked with my four year olds.)

Ave_it said:

Andy_JS said:

There are no stages now. The exit strategy was blown to pieces over this weekend by the actions of the two most important people involved in the strategy.
    I am going into the office for the first time in 10 weeks tomorrow (as a one-off, still WFH) then I am off to see my son for the first time in nearly 12 weeks. I am going to Hug Him, and probably cry a little with joy.
  • SaltireSaltire Posts: 525
    https://twitter.com/campbellclaret/status/1264925025536225287
    Questions being raised about why this is happening in the Rose garden.
    Cyclefree said:

There are many fine things to see in or near Barnard Castle: the castle itself, the Bowes Museum, Egglestone Abbey, Raby Castle etc. Unfortunately all closed.

Isn;'t there a school too? one with quite a Rugby tradition. I can recall some England internationals coming from there.
  • squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,281
    Cyclefree said:

You dont know that. Afaik it us only an allegation.
  • rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    For die read diet.
    Edit fcn not working.

He is late!!

The rules don't apply to our Dom. Like clocks and stuff.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,788
    Fucking nora. Cummings (Or at least his wife) WERE NOT UNDER LOCKDOWN they were under QUARANTINE.
    Tom Harwood doesn't understand the rules.
  • Why doesn't Tom Harwood get an activist banner like Labour activists do?
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,541
    Saltire said:

https://twitter.com/campbellclaret/status/1264925025536225287
    Questions being raised about why this is happening in the Rose garden.

To keep the mob away from his house, where his wife and child are trying to have a life?
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 59,942
    tyson said:

The bigger story is why is the Govt allowing a SPAD make a public statement from rose garden....seriously what has gone wrong?

Adam Boulton is in a real state over this statement as are others

Cummings does get the media going
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,652
    Covid 19 Conference 5pm

Cummings stalling
    edited May 2020

BBC expert commentary from Harwood from Guido Fawkes. Utter nonsense.

Rob Burley running interference for his man. I think this means Kuenssberg will be in with the prepared question for her anonymous source, err mean Dom.
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,775
    Pulpstar said:

Fucking nora. Cummings (Or at least his wife) WERE NOT UNDER LOCKDOWN they were under QUARANTINE.

He forgot that Steve Baker is a prominent left-winger :lol:
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    The journalists are going to be there in person. Does this spell the end of the Zoom disasters asking questions...your muted, Iain your muted, can we come back to Iain....what do I have to read this question?
    Fucker keeping us all waiting
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,600
    Perhaps he should move to county Durham permanently, Islington is Remainer central
  • OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,655
    BBC site has a family picture of some sort on their site. Upside down.
    Pulpstar said:

Yes he does.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited May 2020

tyson said:

I nearly spat my coffee all over my computer, when they were saying that Big Dom only sees everything in terms of Brexit....this will be Sky News who report every bad news story that includes "because of Brexit".

Cyclefree said:

His car - or one he uses - was verified as having been there.

Will he be wearing trackies and that fucking beanie hat?
  • AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900

Doesn't he just.

Half of me wants him to stay on just so FBPE twitter has an aneurism.
    Apparently there are going to be ‘spaced out journalists’ at this press conference.

No word on what they are spaced out on or how this will impair their judgement.
  • not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,340

He is late!!

Caught in traffic coming back from Durham?
  • Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,191
    Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

Yes he does.
    Of course, but he's just an apparatchnik, and not a very good one.

Don't you ever be sad
    Lean on me, when the rules are bad
    When the day comes and you're locked down
    With public opinion about to frown

Just hold on, I'm Cummings
    Hold on, Dom Cummings

I'm on my way, to Durham
    If you get the virus, I won't give a damn!
    Don't worry about the rules, 'cause I'm here
    No need for contrition, 'cause I'm here

Just hold on, I'm Cummings
    Hold on, Dom Cummings
    Hold on, I'm Cummings
    Hold on, Dom Cummings

Reach out to me for special advice, yeah
    Call my name, yeah, and pay the price
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!
    Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

So what. You are not judge nor jury..
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 38,957

Not sure about that. I reckon I could drive 250 miles without a pee, but with a four year old and sick wife in the car. Very unlikely.

(Don't really like the milk bottle idea....bit messy, risky. Wouldn't have worked with my four year olds.)
    I bow to your experience re milk bottles!
  • not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,340

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Desperate stuff

He is late!!

Apparently he can do it in three hours.
    ydoethur said:

He is late!!

Maybe he has finally had to have a piss?

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Why you defending the indefensible?
    Why is anyone giving the batshit Craig Murray conspiracy theory any play at all?
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,259

I remember driving from Glasgow to Birmingham without stopping.
  • DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,059
    edited May 2020
    Whatever happens, we have BJ embroiled in what is being described on Twitter as #CumGate. Just when you thought we couldn't sink any lower.
  • Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Have you ever proof-read a post you've made?

ydoethur said:

He is late!!

Maybe he has finally had to have a piss?
    A Stig style ‘special big wee’ was it?

(On a more serious note, I’m starting to get worried by the lack of rain. The Chase isn’t a heathland right now, it’s a sandpit with heather in it.)

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

No

This discussion has been closed.