Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Wear and tear. The fate of Dominic Cummings

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    Chris said:

From the BBC:
    "Americans are being warned to be wary of hungry rats who have become angry due to a lack of their usual restaurant food to feast on during the coronavirus lockdown.
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said there had been "reports of unusual or aggressive rodent behaviour" due to a decrease in food available, "especially in dense commercial areas"."

Can the current crisis get any worse?
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,801
    RobD said:

malcolmg said:

Scottish Conservatives FAIL to defend Scotland against pandemic!
    With his personal trust rating, in YouGov’s January poll, at only 8% and support for his party leader’s Coronavirus unlocking strategy at only 9% in May, Jackson Carlaw must now deal with two damning exposures of how his party’s handling of the crisis has clearly brought the deadly virus to Scotland in the early days of the outbreak.
    https://talkingupscotlandtwo.com/2020/05/23/scottish-conservatives-fail-to-defend-scotland-against-pandemic/

Last time I checked the Tories weren't in power in Scotland. :o
    If you read the article, it's about control of borders - in which respect, the Tories were and still are in power in Scotland.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,221
    tyson said:

Carnyx said:

tyson said:

OMG Boris has been scrambled. Cummings is toast!

Clever - toast and scrambled (eggs)
    They've come to an arrangement I guess where BoJo will announce his departure this evening.....

The problem is now with Boris is that he's swimming with the sharks (his colleagues) without any protection....
    'His' being Mr C?
    Ovviamente.....

Boris likes going to Chequers too much to throw in the towel....

Couldn't the nation gift him Chequers if he is prepared to stand down in exchange?

Starmer has some spare land, currently full of donkeys that we could use to build a replacement grace and favour weekend retreat.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,315
    RobD said:

malcolmg said:

With his personal trust rating, in YouGov’s January poll, at only 8% and support for his party leader’s Coronavirus unlocking strategy at only 9% in May, Jackson Carlaw must now deal with two damning exposures of how his party’s handling of the crisis has clearly brought the deadly virus to Scotland in the early days of the outbreak.
    https://talkingupscotlandtwo.com/2020/05/23/scottish-conservatives-fail-to-defend-scotland-against-pandemic/

They did not put on the Nike conference in Edinburgh, Scotlands ground zero
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,081
    I reckon they’ll be no sacking, Dom wont resign, and there will no cabinet resignations either. The story will rumble on, and Labour will be rubbing their hands together with glee.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    Bozo will announce an enquiry and Cummings will stand aside until it’s finished. He’ll hope the public will get bored and then won’t be that bothered when Mark Sedwill fudges that which allows Cummings to return .

• Options
    Calling CHB!

I hope you have your popcorn ready for 5 pm!
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,226
    edited May 2020

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

I've not been following the site today. Am I reading right now that the story is that Cummings has made multiple trips?

If so he should go.

I was willing yesterday to give the benefit of the doubt if it was for the welfare of a three year old. As a father of a three year old myself their safety must always come first.

However multiple trips without reasonable reasons is simply inexcusable if true.

I hope that's clear enough.

That's fine. But we do need to hear a heartfelt "sorry" from you. You lost some dignity with all the nonsense yesterday. An apology would go some way to restoring it.
    Not at all.

I was responding to the facts at the time. If the facts are that a father was looking after a three year old then I will never object to that. Children come before politics.

If the facts are that there have been multiple trips then that wasn't something I knew yesterday and doesn't change what I said one iota.

When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?
    In a frenzy of partisanship you placed your brain in a jar and swallowed whole the risible transformation of, 'He chose to self-isolate in more amenable surroundings' into, 'Fearing for welfare of small child, he acted as any father would' - and thus lost dignity.

It was sad to see.
    Not at all. I never said that. I said that if he's done what he's done thinking it's in the best interests of his child then that's reasonable. I also said (as I've said all along) that every adult, every parent, must think for themselves.

I never said all father's would do the same thing that's ludicrous and doesn't match my philosophy of believing everyone is an individual who can act differently so why would I say that? That would be completely out of character. I don't believe in one size fits all solutions.
    You swallowed it, is the point. And in doing so looked less the free-thinking, socially liberal, libertarian with a hankering for England My England, and rather more the slavishly partisan supporter of this Boris Johnson Conservative Government.

Gives me no pleasure to say this, Philip, but I'm afraid it's true. I know you won't apologize on here but I do hope you reflect.
    Find a single instance of me criticising anyone for parenting and you'd have a point.

It is a liberal philosophy to believe everyone can make their own choices in good faith for their own children.
    Just typing random words now.

Which is fine so long as you are at the same time reflecting - as requested.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,995

tyson said:

They've come to an arrangement I guess where BoJo will announce his departure this evening.....

The problem is now with Boris is that he's swimming with the sharks (his colleagues) without any protection....
    To be honest Tyson if Cummings goes I am not concerned about how Boris fares

He has either to step up to the plate or take paternity leave
    G, when is he ever at work, of all the meetings we have seen over the months he has been at a handful, he is a lazy git and leaves it to his lapdogs so he can try to blame them rather than himself. No UK leadership on show at all at present.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,134
    He'll probably just say something to distract people's attention.

I don't know. He's lifting the lockdown or something.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,101
    edited May 2020
    IshmaelZ said:

I'm currently translating new German legislation (some people have fun Sundays, y'know) which is quite interesting - they are envisaging the possibility of Covid medicines becoming available but difficult to produce in sufficient quantities, so the legislation gives the authorities to exempt both domestic and foreign pharmaceutical compsanies from all the usual requirements for production (GMP, package leaflet, labelling) and to waive their product liability for Covid products.

What does 'waive product liability' mean ?

Does it mean no responsibility for side effects ?
    Presumably, yes

The UK has a scheme for no-faulty compensation paid by the state in vaccine damage cases:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine_Damage_Payment

Only applies to a list of named vaccines, not including Covid-19 vaccines. I wonder whether this will be added to the list.
    Given that I'm not in a high risk group and that I've likely already had covid I would be in no hurry to take such a vaccine. And certainly not if its not been fully tested and/or without some promise of compensation for resulting problems.

I don't mind other people doing their bit to achieve herd immunity though :wink:
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,307
    Boris is surely going to play the ultimate 'wind out of their sails' car and announce (with a heavy heart) that he's sacked Cummings. But he'll want to re-seize the moral high ground quickly. There'll be plenty of talk of 'the career of a fine family fan' that was 'laid waste by the baying mob'.
  • Options
    nico67 said:

Bozo will announce an enquiry and Cummings will stand aside until it’s finished. He’ll hope the public will get bored and then won’t be that bothered when Mark Sedwill fudges that which allows Cummings to return .

You must be Dominic Cummings! Nice scam! Respect!
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,987
    Mr. Dawning, interesting you think he'll end up sacking Cummings this evening. Inclined to agree with others who think it'll be an inquiry.

But if he is axed, that'll be significant.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    edited May 2020

I reckon they’ll be no sacking, Dom wont resign, and there will no cabinet resignations either. The story will rumble on, and Labour will be rubbing their hands together with glee.

That is the best outcome for Labour without a shadow of a doubt...Cummings stays.........

That is why I am convinced Cummings will be lightly toasted at 5.00- only to re-emerge again in 6 months after he's had a Berlusconi hair transplant....
  • Options
    RobD said:

malcolmg said:

They run Scotland , I am sure you know the Tories run the UK Rob. Nice joke though.
  • Options
    Cummings refuses to resign.
    Boris refuses to sack him.
    The only way to resolve matters is for Boris to resign.
    Odds anyone?
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,995
    I assume Boris has had a heart to heart with Cummings this afternoon to establish the facts. I think Cummings won't feel he has to lie but will take a "back me or sack me" line. I think Boris will sack him (for the time being).
  • Options
    Chris said:

He'll probably just say something to distract people's attention.

I don't know. He's lifting the lockdown or something.

Very likely. So long as he is not declaring war with China over Hong Kong. I don't fancy our chances.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

tyson said:

To be honest Tyson if Cummings goes I am not concerned about how Boris fares

He has either to step up to the plate or take paternity leave
    G, when is he ever at work, of all the meetings we have seen over the months he has been at a handful, he is a lazy git and leaves it to his lapdogs so he can try to blame them rather than himself. No UK leadership on show at all at present.
    Your last sentence is correct and 5.00pm tonight will be a bigger moment for Boris than Cummings.

He has to sack him or have a cast iron reason for not doing so

Boris needs to step up and lead or stand aside
  • Options

tyson said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

I've not been following the site today. Am I reading right now that the story is that Cummings has made multiple trips?

If so he should go.

I was willing yesterday to give the benefit of the doubt if it was for the welfare of a three year old. As a father of a three year old myself their safety must always come first.

However multiple trips without reasonable reasons is simply inexcusable if true.

I hope that's clear enough.

That's fine. But we do need to hear a heartfelt "sorry" from you. You lost some dignity with all the nonsense yesterday. An apology would go some way to restoring it.
    Not at all.

I was responding to the facts at the time. If the facts are that a father was looking after a three year old then I will never object to that. Children come before politics.

If the facts are that there have been multiple trips then that wasn't something I knew yesterday and doesn't change what I said one iota.

When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?
    In a frenzy of partisanship you placed your brain in a jar and swallowed whole the risible transformation of, 'He chose to self-isolate in more amenable surroundings' into, 'Fearing for welfare of small child, he acted as any father would' - and thus lost dignity.

It was sad to see.
    Not at all. I never said that. I said that if he's done what he's done thinking it's in the best interests of his child then that's reasonable. I also said (as I've said all along) that every adult, every parent, must think for themselves.

I never said all father's would do the same thing that's ludicrous and doesn't match my philosophy of believing everyone is an individual who can act differently so why would I say that? That would be completely out of character. I don't believe in one size fits all solutions.
    You swallowed it, is the point. And in doing so looked less the free-thinking, socially liberal, libertarian with a hankering for England My England, and rather more the slavishly partisan supporter of this Boris Johnson Conservative Government.

Gives me no pleasure to say this, Philip, but I'm afraid it's true. I know you won't apologize on here but I do hope you reflect.
    Find a single instance of me criticising anyone for parenting and you'd have a point.

It is a liberal philosophy to believe everyone can make their own choices in good faith for their own children.

I'd love to know what Dom's and BoJo's deal is....after all BoJo has the moral scruples of of Fred West and would throw his child under a train to save his skin...

The only thing that BoJo is loyal to is BoJo....so keeping on Dom suggests something is amiss at Number 10....

I agree with you Tyson ... it's very, very strange. Do we know if Cummings is still at No.10, if so discussing what I wonder?
    If a deal is done between Boris and DC for him to stay on, can we expect Cabinet resignation(s) tonight or tomorrow?
    By the arse licking lickspittles that make up the cabinet, don't be silly there is not a backbone between them.
  • Options

Boris is surely going to play the ultimate 'wind out of their sails' car and announce (with a heavy heart) that he's sacked Cummings. But he'll want to re-seize the moral high ground quickly. There'll be plenty of talk of 'the career of a fine family fan' that was 'laid waste by the baying mob'.

That could JUST the right move. I see the logic. Yet my sense is still that he does not go. Finding this hard to call.
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,770
    nico67 said:

I agree, it will be an enquiry.
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

PB Tories calling out the hounding of Cummings is a noble thing to do, except they've never called out hounding of MPs on the other side.

Yes we have.

Also, Cummings is a civil servant, a member of staff not an elected politician.
    When?
    Personally, right back to Gordon Brown when he was PM, and Damien McBride was his media henchman who became the story.

I don't ever recall such harassment of a civil servant as we've seen in the last couple of days though.
    How many times do I have to write this? He is not a bonefide Civil Servant. He is a Conservative Party stooge!
    He's still a private figure, not someone elected.

If people have a problem with him (which clearly many do), then they should address Mr Johnson, the elected politician who appointed him to his role.

Screaming outside his house on a Sunday, when he is known to be at work but his wife and child are likely home, is really not playing the game.
    I agree but unfortunately if you want to address the issue to Boris you have to find him first. Not easy
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,465
    Carnyx said:

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

If you read the article, it's about control of borders - in which respect, the Tories were and still are in power in Scotland.
    We were actually meant to read it not just laugh at the title?
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    I think Boris is trying to figure out a way for Dom to stay but at 5pm without one he'll be asked to resign and Dom will pick a new PM.
  • Options
    Mr. kinabalu, I'd be surprised if Cummings is sacked, given the PM's a vacillating coward of poor judgement.

But we'll see. Perhaps I'm wrong. Does happen every so often :p
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,644

nico67 said:

You may be right but I'm not convinced that will satisfy the masses and what the heck will the enquiry actually investigate?
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,801

A baying mob of blue-rinse Tory grannies furious they haven't seen their children and their bairns for months?
  • Options
    Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,320

nico67 said:

He'll announce that everyone can go to Durham.
  • Options

Cummings refuses to resign.
    Boris refuses to sack him.
    The only way to resolve matters is for Boris to resign.
    Odds anyone?

Boris is probably struggling on his PMs salary too. The fees as a former PM after dinner speaking would be phenomenal.
  • Options
    Any news from Laura?

She normally knows what is going on before the PM.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    malcolmg said:

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

They run Scotland , I am sure you know the Tories run the UK Rob. Nice joke though.
    LOL. And what is Sturgeon doing?
  • Options

nico67 said:

That would be neat - disadvantage is it appears to be what Labour asked for, although I suppose they asked for a perriwigged law Lords Salem witchtrial type affair.
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

I assume Boris has had a heart to heart with Cummings this afternoon to establish the facts. I think Cummings won't feel he has to lie but will take a "back me or sack me" line. I think Boris will sack him (for the time being).

Establish the facts? Boris knew what Dom was up to and when...of course he did...
    What they need to establish is how they dig their way out of this monumental shitshow with their bare hands.....

It seems a no brainer that Dom walks....but I just think Boris is just too dependant on having him in the room when he deals with the colleagues (like all of them) that he doesn't trust...
  • Options
    DougSeal said:
    I feel a Tammy Wynette song coming on!
  • Options
    RobD said:

malcolmg said:

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

Least said soonest mended.
  • Options

Dura_Ace said:

The piteous cries for 'kindness and tolerance' for a 'man and his family for decisions taken at a time of great stress and worry' are a sight to behold. Cumming's whole career as evidenced by his recent public performances has been based on him being a cnut, and he gave every sign of revelling in it when he was top dog.

https://twitter.com/PrueLeith/status/1264474272925396992?s=20

It's been a while since I have read the Sermon on the Mount, but don't think the idea behind 'kindness' or 'tolerance' is that we're kind or tolerant just to the people who deserve it.
    Virtue without terror is powerless so fuck kindness, fuck tolerance and fuck the Islington Baldrick.
    You want to terrorise toddlers?

Ooh you're such a big man ...

I think the van is out of order but "terrorising toddlers"? Really, Don't be so ridiculous. It's pitiful
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,007
    Mandelson was to Blair, what Cummings is to Johnson.

Discuss.
  • Options
    Chris said:

From the BBC:
    "Americans are being warned to be wary of hungry rats who have become angry due to a lack of their usual restaurant food to feast on during the coronavirus lockdown.
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said there had been "reports of unusual or aggressive rodent behaviour" due to a decrease in food available, "especially in dense commercial areas"."

Tories that moved to USA getting angry as well
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,148
    RobD said:

malcolmg said:

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

And there, in a nutshell, is the problem with devolution. Independence or Federalism are the only two realistic options. Don’t care which, but this sort of argument on a such a basic constitutional question, on an intelligent message board at that, sums up a lot.
  • Options

Mr. kinabalu, I'd be surprised if Cummings is sacked, given the PM's a vacillating coward of poor judgement.

I think he's staying.

No "inquiry" either.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,983
    DougSeal said:
    Double or nothing is a dangerous game. The final result will always be nothing.
  • Options
    Boris could officially sack Dom and then put him on the Tory payroll as a consultant.

Win, win.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    kjh said:

nico67 said:

You may be right but I'm not convinced that will satisfy the masses and what the heck will the enquiry actually investigate?
    Whether the law was broken. Which means it would have to express a view on whether the legislation was a heap of ill-considered shite or not. Awkward.
  • Options
    Mr. 1000, Mandelson was smarter.

Cummings deliberately antagonises the media needlessly.
  • Options
    RobD said:

malcolmg said:

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

Her best despite the best efforts of Boris , Westminster, the odious Scottish Office, 77 Brigade and the EBC state propaganda unit
  • Options

nico67 said:

Lmao ! That course of action looks to mitigate the damage , it should have been done yesterday but it’s what I’d do if I was Bozo.

The fact the PM is doing the press briefing suggests a course of action is going to happen which shows him “ taking back control “ !

I personally can’t stand Cummings but I don’t see him being shown the door , more a way found that makes Bozo look good but also allows Cummings to stay in the wings waiting to return .
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

And there, in a nutshell, is the problem with devolution. Independence or Federalism are the only two realistic options. Don’t care which, but this sort of argument on a such a basic constitutional question, on an intelligent message board at that, sums up a lot.
    Power devolved is power retained, we are still a colony.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,986
    Has BoZo written two speeches?
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    DougSeal said:
    Damn, does COVID-19 have any neurological effects?
  • Options

DougSeal said:
    D-I-V-O-R-C-E?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Discuss.

Cummings is much more important.......Blair had friends within the cabinet outside Mandy......

Boris Johnson does not have one cabinet colleague he can trust....Gove is the closest and that in itself speaks volumes
  • Options
    nico67 said:

nico67 said:

Lmao ! That course of action looks to mitigate the damage , it should have been done yesterday but it’s what I’d do if I was Bozo.

The fact the PM is doing the press briefing suggests a course of action is going to happen which shows him “ taking back control “ !

I personally can’t stand Cummings but I don’t see him being shown the door , more a way found that makes Bozo look good but also allows Cummings to stay in the wings waiting to return .
    Definitely declaring war on China then!
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Alistair said:
    :smile: - never in doubt.

PS: Great Meaks tip BJ presser 10/1.
  • Options
    TGOHF666 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

PB Tories calling out the hounding of Cummings is a noble thing to do, except they've never called out hounding of MPs on the other side.

Yes we have.

When?
    Personally, right back to Gordon Brown when he was PM, and Damien McBride was his media henchman who became the story.

I don't ever recall such harassment of a civil servant as we've seen in the last couple of days though.
    Cummings is in reality much more political than civil. I don't think he'd wish to be thought anything else. But of course he shouldn't be harassed personally and picketing someone's home is always repulsive.
    Repulsive is very very generous- this is a culture war with the Puritains trying to burn their self anointed witch.

Horrible narrow minded people.

Scum actually.
    Up pops Harry now he's got something to use to try to deflect from Cumming's misdeeds. All fake outrage because a van parks outside the Cummings household, straw clutching at its finest
  • Options
    nico67 said:

nico67 said:

That's where I am. As long as Betfair pays up on Cummings not being in the job on 1st June.
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382

I agree Morris.
    Why would he sack Cummings now, after sending out cabinet members to defend him these past two days.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,325

DougSeal said:
    How about Sam & Dave?

Don't you ever be sad
    Lean on me, when the rules are bad
    When the day comes and you're locked down
    With public opinion about to frown

Just hold on, I'm Cummings
    Hold on, Dom Cummings

I'm on my way, to Durham
    If you get the virus, I won't give a damn!
    Don't worry about the rules, 'cause I'm here
    No need for contrition, 'cause I'm here

Hold on, Dom Cummings
    Hold on, I'm Cummings
    Hold on, Dom Cummings

Reach out to me for special advice, yeah
    Call my name, yeah, and pay the price
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!
  • Options
    Chris said:

DougSeal said:
    D-I-V-O-R-C-E?
    Definitely not, the other one!
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    rcs1000 said:

Discuss.

Mandelson was a competent cabinet minister.
    He was also a brilliant communicator.
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

I agree Morris.
    Why would he sack Cummings now, after sending out cabinet members to defend him these past two days.
    I assumed that it was Cummings, the No 10 source, who sent out cabinet ministers to defend himself. I note that Boris didn't.
  • Options

DougSeal said:
    How about Sam & Dave?

Don't you ever be sad
    Lean on me, when the rules are bad
    When the day comes and you're locked down
    With public opinion about to frown

Hold on, Dom Cummings

I'm on my way, to Durham
    If you get the virus, I won't give a damn!
    Don't worry about the rules, 'cause I'm here
    No need for contrition, 'cause I'm here

Hold on, Dom Cummings
    Hold on, I'm Cummings
    Hold on, Dom Cummings

Reach out to me for special advice, yeah
    Call my name, yeah, and pay the price
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!
    It certainly won't be Roger Whittaker's, 'I'm going to leave old Durham Town'!
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,482
    kjh said:

nico67 said:

Absolutely. The obvious follow-up question is "What do you have to say to families who have had a terrible time in lockdown, who have followed the rules scrupulously and haven't had the resources or bolt hole that Mr
    Cummings has used?"

And I don't know what the answer is then. But he's the PM, so he can hardly duck the question either.

In fact, given that the live format really doesn't suit him, he needs a helluva rabbit to pull from his hat.
  • Options

Chris said:

DougSeal said:
    D-I-V-O-R-C-E?
    "I Still Believe In Fairy Tales"?
  • Options
    AramintaMoonbeamQCAramintaMoonbeamQC Posts: 3,609
    edited May 2020
    The Sun on Twitter have been briefed that 'the PM believes it is case closed', a viewpoint which can only be described as, at best, optimistic.
  • Options
    OllyT said:

TGOHF666 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Yes we have.

When?

Cummings is in reality much more political than civil. I don't think he'd wish to be thought anything else. But of course he shouldn't be harassed personally and picketing someone's home is always repulsive.
    Repulsive is very very generous- this is a culture war with the Puritains trying to burn their self anointed witch.

Scum actually.
    Up pops Harry now he's got something to use to try to deflect from Cumming's misdeeds. All fake outrage because a van parks outside the Cummings household, straw clutching at its finest
    That van was silly and childish and I cannot believe Starmer approved
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,770
    kjh said:

nico67 said:

It wont satisfy anyone but buys time for the story to go away.
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

rcs1000 said:

Discuss.

Mandelson was a competent cabinet minister.
    He was also a brilliant communicator.
    I think Mandelson and George Osborne are on par....I can hear TSE frothing at the mouth......both hated by their rivals because they were so good at their jobs....

Little wonder they both ended up on an oligarchs boat sharing pleasantries....
  • Options

OllyT said:

TGOHF666 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Yes we have.

When?

Scum actually.
    Did he?
  • Options
    Chris said:

Chris said:

DougSeal said:
    D-I-V-O-R-C-E?
    "I Still Believe In Fairy Tales"?
    So does Boris, if Dom stays.
  • Options

OllyT said:

TGOHF666 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Yes we have.

When?

Scum actually.
    Did he?
    Led by Donkeys is independent of the Labour Party. I suspect that Starmer would not approve of the stunt and certainly didn't approve it.
  • Options

OllyT said:

TGOHF666 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Yes we have.

When?

Scum actually.
    Did he?
    Obviously....
  • Options
    If only people would say nice things about Boris rather than that pesky Scot. Unionists are pathetic insecure creatures.
  • Options

The Sun on Twitter have been briefed that 'the PM believes it is case closed', a viewpoint which can only be described as, at best, optimistic.

He will be "spending" some of that 80 seat majority here but as long as he is prepared to he can. Dom stays. No inquiry. Fuck off.
  • Options
    Odds dancing around but currently 5/6 stays, 5/6 goes.
  • Options

OllyT said:

TGOHF666 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Yes we have.

When?

Scum actually.
    If you had read the many posts on it , it was right wing Tories, Starmer had nothing to do with it. You should not believe everyone would stoop as low as Boris and his thugs.
  • Options

OllyT said:

TGOHF666 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Yes we have.

When?

Scum actually.
    It’s nothing to do with Starmer or the Labour Party .
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

OllyT said:

TGOHF666 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Yes we have.

When?

Scum actually.
    Did he?
    Led by Donkeys is independent of the Labour Party. I suspect that Starmer would not approve of the stunt and certainly didn't approve it.
    Big G. is implying he might have.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,712
    malcolmg said:

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

Her best despite the best efforts of Boris , Westminster, the odious Scottish Office, 77 Brigade and the EBC state propaganda unit
    Run out of tin foil?
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,543

OllyT said:

TGOHF666 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Yes we have.

When?

Scum actually.
    Did he?
    The van is nothing whatsoever to do with Labour or Starmer.

Actually, another good day for Labour: they have been insisting all day that Boris should lead today's press conference, and he has obliged. If Cummings stays, even better.

The self-discipline in Labour ranks at the moment is pretty impressive, and the lunatics are slowly but surely being marginalised completely.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,986
    Boris is strapping on his waffle holster as we speak.
    He's gonna try and bluster it out, isn't he?

• Options

OllyT said:

TGOHF666 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Yes we have.

When?

Scum actually.
    Have you any evidence he did? The stunt was nothing to do with the Labour Party
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

He will be "spending" some of that 80 seat majority here but as long as he is prepared to he can. Dom stays. No inquiry. Fuck off.
    So what line will he take with the questions?

"I'm not going to waste my time replying"?
  • Options

malcolmg said:

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

Run out of tin foil?
    Truth always hurts, I feel your pain.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,983

Barnesian said:

OllyT said:

TGOHF666 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Yes we have.

When?

Scum actually.
    Did he?
    Big G doesn't grasp that there are a set of none Labour people who are angry, enjoy what to them is funny and have both the time and money to do it.

Led by Donkeys got a lot of money off a lot of annoyed people..
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,122

DougSeal said:
    Her under-rated hit, "Useless fat liar defends the indefensible because laws are for the little people"? Always a crowd-pleaser.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

DougSeal said:

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

Power devolved is power retained, we are still a colony.
    No you’re not.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,685
    "It is in the national interest for Dominic Cummings to stay
    Our society asks a lot of political leaders and their advisers. We should try to cut them some slack

David Goodhart"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/23/national-interest-dominic-cummings-stay/
  • Options

OllyT said:

TGOHF666 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Yes we have.

When?

Scum actually.
    Did he?

Actually, another good day for Labour: they have been insisting all day that Boris should lead today's press conference, and he has obliged. If Cummings stays, even better.

The self-discipline in Labour ranks at the moment is pretty impressive, and the lunatics are slowly but surely being marginalised completely.
    Of today, I agree.
  • Options

Barnesian said:

OllyT said:

TGOHF666 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Yes we have.

When?

Scum actually.
    Did he?
    Not at all - but my wording was a bit ambiguous and I am sorry if that came over

I do not believe Starmer would or did approve of the van
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,712
    kinabalu said:

https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1264581917741023232?s=20
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,986

OllyT said:

TGOHF666 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Yes we have.

When?

Scum actually.
    Did he?

They aren't though. Sadly they are running the country.
  • Options
    According to TND of the Sun .

No enquiry and no resignation . The PM will say the matter is closed .
  • Options

Barnesian said:

OllyT said:

TGOHF666 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Yes we have.

When?

Scum actually.
    Did he?
    "
    No Big G says "I cannot believe Starmer approved".. Neither can I.
This discussion has been closed.