Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Where we are now summed up in two betting Tweets

Comments

• Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388

Charles said:

Charles said:

dots said:

Can we read anything significant in fact it was brought this week despite destined to fail? Yes we can, look at the groups earlier saying “looking to bring it back this week” and those saying “only back if can win” and you can see which group is now controlling government. Significant because if you get any promises from the other group they are worthless.

If you don’t believe me, just see what happens next. I expect a “managed no deal” putsch

Brexiteers in and out of cabinet, in the party and their supporters in other parties and the media will go for managed no deal.

2.1. No deal. Cash in

Managed No Deal is an oxymoron.

Plus the EU have said the mini/sectoral deals are off the table.
    They’ve already been negotiated and signed

But I guess it’s ok for the Eu to rip up an agreement
    Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed...
    Of course with no airlines deal we don’t need a third runway at Heathrow

Perhaps the good people of Richmond might reconsider?
    are they actually going back on their minideal? Surely not?

The EU have after all said no minideals throughout whilst continuing to agrees bits and pieces.
    I've asked for clarification but not received it.

Sectoral mini-deals are not an option.

https://twitter.com/EU_Commission/status/1111648694703742976
    They've said that for ages though

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1080474/brexit-news-latest-no-deal-vote-EU-selmayr-juncker-eu-news

Etc etc

what of course followed was a minideal, with a carefully considered amount of pain
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,293

I could NEVER vote to actively bring in a Corbyn government. I would vote TIG or LibDem

That could be enough. If both Labour and Tory net lose votes from 2017 but the Tories lose more, Jeremy could well be seeing the Queen. Yes, I can see it now. He will spurn the official car and will cycle up the Mall to the palace. There will be a light drizzle but that won't bother him.

And then on the steps of number 10 on his return -

"For as long as I can remember the working people of this country have been used and abused by the rich and powerful. Well, no longer. That stops right here and now. It not only stops but we are pledged to reverse the process. From this point forward, the rich and powerful are going to be used and abused by working people. Perhaps not all the time but quite frequently, starting with every Tuesday."
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    Charles said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

dots said:

Can we read anything significant in fact it was brought this week despite destined to fail? Yes we can, look at the groups earlier saying “looking to bring it back this week” and those saying “only back if can win” and you can see which group is now controlling government. Significant because if you get any promises from the other group they are worthless.

If you don’t believe me, just see what happens next. I expect a “managed no deal” putsch

Brexiteers in and out of cabinet, in the party and their supporters in other parties and the media will go for managed no deal.

2.1. No deal. Cash in

Managed No Deal is an oxymoron.

Plus the EU have said the mini/sectoral deals are off the table.
    They’ve already been negotiated and signed

But I guess it’s ok for the Eu to rip up an agreement
    Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed...
    Of course with no airlines deal we don’t need a third runway at Heathrow

Perhaps the good people of Richmond might reconsider?
    are they actually going back on their minideal? Surely not?

The EU have after all said no minideals throughout whilst continuing to agrees bits and pieces.
    Personally I think they are communicating misinformation to naive journalists who are tweeting without thought

Of course there are going to be mini deals
    Mini deals with whom? Under which EU Treaty provisions? With what procedures for ratification by the 27 countries?
  • Options

I must listen out among my friends and neighbours. I live in Priti Patel's constituency and Priti has voted fairly consistently for No Deal and Out. I wonder how many Conservatives will be happy with her now if, in effect she has brought down a Conservative Government.

A chance to vote out Priti!

Jealous is not the word.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,969
    justin124 said:

I rather disagree there. Most people are utterly sick of Brexit and desperate to move on. Despite the obsession of the commentariat, I doubt very much that an election called for this May would turn out to be a Brexit election - beyond the first ten days. People will be very receptive to other issues being raised - as was the case in 2017.

They were only receptive to the other issues because Corbyn very effectively shut down the Brexit debate by saying he would abide by the referendum result and sitting on the fence on everything else Brexit related. He was able to persuade both Leavers and Remainers that he was on their side in the debate. It worked once but it will not work again. He cannot fight a GE without committing one way or another and whichever way he does he will upset a significant number of his supporters.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,007

The trouble with any kind of extension, is the EU elections issue. These elections will be won by Farage's Brexit Party, and his new party will be established in public mind.

He will then be running at next GE on a full blown betrayal of the People act. Dangerous waters.

Would they? The remain vote willl support CUK or the Lib Dems, the leave vote will be split across the other parties
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,100
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    The 12-24hrs after a vote is invariably filled with absolute nonsense and stupidity.

Glad to see this continue.

There will be no GE without a new Con leader.

There will be no no deal Brexit anytime soon.

The Uk will participate in the Euro elections.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,942
    I know this is a gambling site, but the extent to which both leavers and remainers are prepared to play ducks and drakes with no Brexit and no deal respectively is simply astounding.

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985
    Good lord
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I know this is a gambling site, but the extent to which both leavers and remainers are prepared to play ducks and drakes with no Brexit and no deal respectively is simply astounding.

Yep.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    If Parliament will not approve a deal we should leave without one. Simples.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

They would support him. But, I think it could also seal the deal for the Conservatives in places like Bishop Auckland, Penistone, and Ashfield.

Labour (REMAIN) versus Conservative (LEAVE) would be an absolutely fascinating GE.

As you say, it would play in many different ways in many different places.

My sense - and it's no more than that - is that Labour would win.
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    isam said:

The trouble with any kind of extension, is the EU elections issue. These elections will be won by Farage's Brexit Party, and his new party will be established in public mind.

He will then be running at next GE on a full blown betrayal of the People act. Dangerous waters.

The establishment have more or less sent a letter begging for that.
    In what way will UKIP or Brexit 'win'? In the W Midlands UKIP already have ~40% of the seats, Tory 30%, Labour 20% I assume; the seats are divided 3/2/2.

How can UKIP & Tory achieve a higher vote share than 70%?
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,994
    Ladbrokes have changed the odds on us holding EU elections from 1.72 to 1.33.
  • Options

Ladbrokes have changed the odds on us holding EU elections from 1.72 to 1.33.

Free money..
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    edited March 2019
    Makes sense, MPs will need to persuade the public how a Customs Union in any way fulfills the Brexit vote.
  • Options
    SeanTSeanT Posts: 549

SeanT said:

Well, here is one Brexiteering sinner who abjectly repents, in so many ways. William Glenn was right and I was wrong. Brexit is undeliverable in any meaningful way that doesn’t severely damage the country.

Revote. Or revoke. We have been defeated.

It's usual to quote Luke 15:10 at this point but frankly I feel too sorry for genuine Leavers who have been well and truly led up the garden path.

Commiserations.
    Thankyou Peter.

I actually think the entire country has been betrayed by the entire political class, Left to Right, Remain to Leave. Europhiles were arrogant idiots for integrating us so deeply, without our consent, and denying us all those promised referendums.

Just one vote - on Maastricht or the Constitution or Lisbon - would have vented the public’s anger, integration would have stopped, and Brexit would not have existed as a word, let alone a political calamity.

But the behaviour of the hardcore Leavers since the vote has been as misguided and as shortsighted - as witlessly damaging - as anything europhiles ever did. I was wrong to align myself with them.

It is so depressing I am going to bow out of PB for quite a while. Possibly forever. My heart is not in it any more. I will of course honour any outstanding bets.

I wish everyone the best. May God look upon us mercifully. Goodbye.
  • Options
    NormNorm Posts: 1,251
    RobD said:

Good lord
    I suspect the more they learn about being in just a customs union with the EU (like Turkey) the less they will feel inclined to support it. Perhaps the EU will come up with something more appealing for UK tastes.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

SeanT said:

Well, here is one Brexiteering sinner who abjectly repents, in so many ways. William Glenn was right and I was wrong. Brexit is undeliverable in any meaningful way that doesn’t severely damage the country.

You going all John of Gaunt on us ?

That England that was wont to conquer others
    Hath made a shameful conquest of itself...
    This is Sean. He will be back within a day or so swearing eternal damnation upon all Remainers and saying he would rather burn in the deepest pit of Donald Tusk's Coal Cellar than repent his unquenchable Brexit beliefs.

Or not. Depending on the number of drinks.
  • Options
    tpfkartpfkar Posts: 1,548

Are you sure? The Brexit vote will split between Con / UKIP / Brexit / Lots of UKIP splinters
    I reckon Labour might do quite well.
  • Options
    kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

It's usual to quote Luke 15:10 at this point but frankly I feel too sorry for genuine Leavers who have been well and truly led up the garden path.

Commiserations.
    Thankyou Peter.

I actually think the entire country has been betrayed by the entire political class, Left to Right, Remain to Leave. Europhiles were arrogant idiots for integrating us so deeply, without our consent, and denying us all those promised referendums.

Just one vote - on Maastricht or the Constitution or Lisbon - would have vented the public’s anger, integration would have stopped, and Brexit would not have existed as a word, let alone a political calamity.

But the behaviour of the hardcore Leavers since the vote has been as misguided and as shortsighted - as witlessly damaging - as anything europhiles ever did. I was wrong to align myself with them.

It is so depressing I am going to bow out of PB for quite a while. Possibly forever. My heart is not in it any more. I will of course honour any outstanding bets.

In the words of Arnold : you’ll be back
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,952

isam said:

The establishment have more or less sent a letter begging for that.
    In what way will UKIP or Brexit 'win'? In the W Midlands UKIP already have ~40% of the seats, Tory 30%, Labour 20% I assume; the seats are divided 3/2/2.

How can UKIP & Tory achieve a higher vote share than 70%?
    Well if we had left in an orderly fashion, UKIP would have been destroyed and Farage's Brexit party would never have existed, so I guess their win is by winning again or getting a large number of votes between them.

I dont know or want to predict Euro election scores, but I wouldnt bracket the Tories with UKIP or Farage, people who want to leave wont be voting for them IMO.
  • Options
    tpfkar said:

Are you sure? The Brexit vote will split between Con / UKIP / Brexit / Lots of UKIP splinters
    I just cant see the Tories, as the party that failed to deliver Brexit, being backed by Leavers
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    Astonishing you can wear that and not get arrested (if he wasn't).
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,352

RH1992 said:

The Guardian is suggesting that 'there could be a run-off next week between MV3 and whatever the Letwin process produces'

I wouldn't like to bet on whatever the Letwin process produces vs May's deal. The DUP will never vote for May's deal but I wonder whether Francois etc would really stick to that 'shotgun in the mouth" mentality when it's May's deal v Customs Union/Second Ref. I reckon Hoey and a couple of other Labour leavers switching too so it could squeak over the line.
    Agree, certainly if it was May's Deal vs Revoke.
    Assuming the Letwin process ends up with some sort of trade+customs union, a complete split will presumably open up between DUP and ERG. The DUP should be fine with that, because trade can continue as now indefinitely with no question of special Irish border isuses. The ERG will all hate it, because the independent trade agreement unicorn will have galloped into the mist.

But what about Tory Remainers? Won't they feel a customs union is better than May's deal, and as she's going anyway feel freer to vote for it?
  • Options
    Whether you are a Remain or Leave supporter I think the one thing we can agree is that most of our MPs are fecking muppets.

If the sorts of people who frequent PB, most of whom are professionals with busy lives, can take the time to try and understand things like the Customs Union, then why the hell can't MPs well in advance of actually voting on it. After all it is only their bloody jobs.

In all seriousness, we need to do something about the quality of the people who are standing to be the leaders of our country.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,495
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Commiserations.
    Thankyou Peter.

Cheerio, same time tomorrow?
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Ishmael_Z said:

Being a c##t is not a crime.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    What a lovely bunch of protesters gathering outside the Commons! The warm and cuddly EDL and assorted other hate mongers .

Really doesn’t help the Leave cause .

• Options
    tpfkar said:

Why would any Brexit supporter vote Conservative ? An utterly wasted vote. Particularly under PM May.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Well I think an early GE would certainly see a great deal of tactical voting by remainers and, whilst a new parliament might not have a Labour majority, it would have a majority of members elected on some kind of commitment to a new referendum (since, as you suggest, Labour would have to make commitment, however qualified, to hold one).

And I suggest remain voters are more organised and determined than leave voters, who will be angry, demoralised and unclear whether they can trust the Tories to deliver. So some will peel off to the Farage/Brexit party.

So a GE would probably lead ultimately to remain.

Agreed. GE, Lab Win, REF2, Remain. That sequence.

For a long time a GE was seen as an alternative to REF2 - hence all of those PV people being livid about Corbyn always banging on about an election.

They were wrong. A GE, leading to a Labour government, is the route to REF2.

Corbyn is playing this perfectly for Remain. Chuka should be kissing his marrows.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

tpfkar said:

Why would any Brexit supporter vote Conservative ? An utterly wasted vote. Particularly under PM May.
    A very strange conclusion to draw I agree
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,352
    justin124 said:

The key question is 'How many deposits will TIG save?'

Curiously, the TIG split has made a further split less likely - partly it's prompted Watson to offer an alternative strategy for centrists, and partly they are really annoying pro-Customs Union centrists by voting against it - "they're more interested in harming Labour than helping stop hard Brexit", as one impeccably centrist MP said to me. I think it would take some major new development to produce further Labour switches to TIG.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

I don't agree with him but why should he be arrested?

He is not threatening anyone. Are you saying people should now be arrested because they hold and articulate (though I use that word loosely) views that you disagree with?
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

justin124 said:

I rather disagree there. Most people are utterly sick of Brexit and desperate to move on. Despite the obsession of the commentariat, I doubt very much that an election called for this May would turn out to be a Brexit election - beyond the first ten days. People will be very receptive to other issues being raised - as was the case in 2017.

They were only receptive to the other issues because Corbyn very effectively shut down the Brexit debate by saying he would abide by the referendum result and sitting on the fence on everything else Brexit related. He was able to persuade both Leavers and Remainers that he was on their side in the debate. It worked once but it will not work again. He cannot fight a GE without committing one way or another and whichever way he does he will upset a significant number of his supporters.
    I have to disagree. Even in May/June 2017 most people were fed up with Brexit, found it a very technical complicated matter and were already very keen to move on.That feeling is even more intense today , and politicians - not just Corbyn - who raise other issues are likely to find a very receptive audience.
  • Options

Whether you are a Remain or Leave supporter I think the one thing we can agree is that most of our MPs are fecking muppets.

If the sorts of people who frequent PB, most of whom are professionals with busy lives, can take the time to try and understand things like the Customs Union, then why the hell can't MPs well in advance of actually voting on it. After all it is only their bloody jobs.

In all seriousness, we need to do something about the quality of the people who are standing to be the leaders of our country.
    It's a stupid tweet. Phrased differently, this is MP's (much as I also think they're a total shower) rightly topping up their knowledge on a current topic. Would we prefer them not to have this session? One of the worst things about current political discourse is the burning desire to make everything into a meme.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,898

I reckon IDS and Boris would lose their seats in a snap election.

Like the new logo
    A reflection that the UK is now the home of what is probably the largest Pro EU movement in Europe.
    ....and the largest anti-EU movement.

I love the idea of all the ProEU Movement agitating for an institution headed by Juncker, the sort of businessman they would ordinarily be, er, marching to have removed from office - for being an affront to all that was decent in the world they want to live in. But hey, IOKIYAE.

(It's OK If You're A Eurocrat)
    And what is your opinion of Aaron Banks?
    Bizarrely, after finishing his book, I quite like him. Although the "Aaron Banks" in "The Bad Boys Of Brexit" is more a composite of Isabel Oakshott's construction than the real person (she and a team of researchers was the ghostwriters), I assume it's not that far off the truth. Although I do suspect he might be a nasty drunk instead of a happy drunk, which is my usual litmus test for like/dislike.

• Options
    notme2notme2 Posts: 1,006

Ishmael_Z said:

Absolutely.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

justin124 said:

I have to disagree. Even in May/June 2017 most people were fed up with Brexit, found it a very technical complicated matter and were already very keen to move on.That feeling is even more intense today , and politicians - not just Corbyn - who raise other issues are likely to find a very receptive audience.
    Tell that to the 5 million people who marched last Saturday!
  • Options
    isam said:

tpfkar said:

I just cant see the Tories, as the party that failed to deliver Brexit, being backed by Leavers
    Not in the Euros, it's a free kick.
    I'll await the local election leaflets before deciding how to cast my vote - see if anyone is prepared to do anything about our extortionate council tax here... my vote won't be anything to do with Brexit in those, though I think plenty of people's will be !
  • Options

It's a stupid tweet. Phrased differently, this is MP's (much as I also think they're a total shower) rightly topping up their knowledge on a current topic. Would we prefer them not to have this session? One of the worst things about current political discourse is the burning desire to make everything into a meme.
    Well, we might like them to top up their knowledge before Monday's vote...
  • Options
    Mr. Tyndall, quite.

Most MPs want us to stay. They lack the guts to actually do what's necessary so we stay, and they lack the integrity to back the public vote which they themselves voted for (and Article 50 was also triggered by a Commons vote).

Pro- or anti-EU, the electorate are not well served by MPs.
  • Options
    NormNorm Posts: 1,251
    nico67 said:

What a lovely bunch of protesters gathering outside the Commons! The warm and cuddly EDL and assorted other hate mongers .

True but in general we leavers are must more tolerant than you remainers. See this

https://twitter.com/andrew_lilico/status/1111680500106780674
  • Options
    _Anazina__Anazina_ Posts: 1,810
    Rotten Borough

Bring the odious Farage on. He and the clowns that follow him rapidly descend into a laughing stock. One should not fear them.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    dots said:

2.1. No deal. Cash in

I will never cease to be amazed at people who believe they can arrange hundreds of small deals in fourteen days with an entity that doesn't want to deal, and without actually having the power to negotiate any deal at all. It's one thing to believe in unicorns, it's another thing to phone to book the unicorn stadium for unicorn dressage, despite there being no unicorns, no unicorn stadium, no such sport as unicorn dressage, and you don't own a phone.
  • Options
    F1: my pre-qualifying rambly thoughts, including some off-track news:
    http://enormo-haddock.blogspot.com/2019/03/bahrain-pre-qualifying-2019.html
  • Options
    Music to Corbyn's ears, he's almost won ! No deal and a Labour Gov't.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK !
  • Options
    isam said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

Tell that to the 5 million people who marched last Saturday!</blockquote
    5 million? I believe it was more like 500,000. However, my point does apply to them too - ie the obsessives on both sides.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Scott_P said:
    What did people think the aims of the DUP were here.

This is insanity.

Of course they were going to prioritise the Union over leaving the Union.
  • Options

The point being they have debating this for months - sorry I mean years - and they are only now deciding to find out what it all means???

They should have been having these sessions 3 years go or more.
  • Options
    _Anazina_ said:

Rotten Borough

Bring the odious Farage on. He and the clowns that follow him rapidly descend into a laughing stock. One should not fear them.

It is remarkable how far he's fallen from the figure that was widely seen as trouncing Nick Clegg in the EU debates. I don't think it's entirely his own fault, but the degree to which he's been complicit in turning himself into some sort of panto drag act of a eurosceptic is surprising.
  • Options
    Surely they have to oust her now? This is the very definition of madness.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

justin124 said:

Er no. They may have found it technically difficult but they therefore based their views of the party leaders on what they said in broad strokes. Both May (of course) and Corbyn said we would leave the EU. That meant for many Leavers it stopped being a party political issue and they could concentrate on other matters. This is no longer the case.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,277
    _Anazina_ said:

Rotten Borough

Hmm. I wish I had your faith.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Ishmael_Z said:

I don't agree with him but why should he be arrested?

He is not threatening anyone. Are you saying people should now be arrested because they hold and articulate (though I use that word loosely) views that you disagree with?
    Christ on a bike.

I said absolutely nothing about what I thought or about what should happen, merely that there was a strong likelihood of getting arrested for hate crime for the multiculturism is genocide sign.

Today of all days you should be basking in the immense pride and joy which must flow from seeing what you and your lot have done to this country. Don't spoil it by picking fights.
  • Options
    Norm said:

nico67 said:

True but in general we leavers are must more tolerant than you remainers. See this

Other explanations are available... :)

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,894
    edited March 2019
    Scott_P said:
    He could have fooled me, he seems to only care about the Union if it does the things he wants.

But that they'd prefer remain to the deal makes more sense than them backing down on it.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,844
    Ah bless....

Truthfully I couldn't give a **** how he or other MPs are feeling!

They have stolen the people's vote from 2016 and made it all about them...
  • Options
    Cannot imagine what first attracted this lot to Leave.

https://twitter.com/skeptical7th/status/1111681689804292096
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    Norm said:

nico67 said:

I have no problem with Leavers if they support an orderly exit and a deal . Those pushing for no deal I have no time for .
  • Options

The point being they have debating this for months - sorry I mean years - and they are only now deciding to find out what it all means???

They should have been having these sessions 3 years go or more.
    They're not now 'finding out what it is', that's entirely Faisal Islam's rather silly and obnoxious inference. This talk could have been scheduled in for months, and is surely a very standard part of MP's cpd. It's silly outrage bus stuff. Be angry about MP's *not* educating themselves, not when they do.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    GIN1138 said:

Ah bless....

Truthfully I couldn't give a **** how he or other MPs are feeling!

They have stolen the people's vote from 2016 and made it all about them...
    Well said.
  • Options

Ishmael_Z said:

Being a racist c%%t is.
  • Options
    GBP now under $1.30 and 1.16EUR on www.xe.com
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    https://twitter.com/oflynnmep/status/1111687093951045635?s=21

Some Tiggers are more equal than others!
  • Options
    Eh? Not got my headphones, but does he say that exactly? How does that make sense? Virtually no one throught it would win, so you'd vote for it if you thought it the best option remaining, end of.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,444
    I’m seriously considering not voting in any new GE.
  • Options

Surely they have to oust her now? This is the very definition of madness.
    The Cabinet cannot try to oust her because they don't agree what they want. Her not going to a plan B is very bad, but she can at least technically say it has increased in support, so in the absence of them coalescing around anything else of course she tries it.
  • Options

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

Er no. They may have found it technically difficult but they therefore based their views of the party leaders on what they said in broad strokes. Both May (of course) and Corbyn said we would leave the EU. That meant for many Leavers it stopped being a party political issue and they could concentrate on other matters. This is no longer the case.
    We have different views on this.I never had a sense that Brexit was an issue which the public at large was desperate to talk about in 2017 regardless of the lines taken by May and Corbyn at the time - most people were keener to discuss other matters.I may be proved wrong on this, but my gut feeling is that the idea that they will want to spend 5 or 6 further weeks focussing on Brexit is - frankly - 'for the birds'.
  • Options

I genuinely like it when people take the time to top-up their knowledge: the world is big and complex and it is unreasonable to expect everybody to know everything. So you make a good point.

However it does have to be said on a two-and-a-half year journey from jumping out of the plane to the ground, the best time for the course "How to assemble a parachute for beginners" is probably not fourteen days before impact.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,101
    TGOHF said:

tpfkar said:

Which other party could deliver Brexit ?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,100
    kle4 said:

Eh? Not got my headphones, but does he say that exactly? How does that make sense? Virtually no one throught it would win, so you'd vote for it if you thought it the best option remaining, end of.
    At the end he says the only thing they can do now is leave with no deal "because if we don't, God help us".
  • Options
    kle4 said:

yeah he does.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    isam said:

Desperate stuff
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900

You need to vote for a leader who has voted to leave the EU in both referendums, voted against the EU at every stage of its development, and voted for no-deal at every stage of the current process.

Ohhh, Jeremy Corbyn .....
  • Options
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,758
    Norm said:

nico67 said:

I don't hate Leavers at all. Nevertheless there's a difference: Leavers screwed up; Remainers didn't.
  • Options
    Andrew said:

You need to vote for a leader who has voted to leave the EU in both referendums, voted against the EU at every stage of its development, and voted for no-deal at every stage of the current process.

Ohhh, Jeremy Corbyn .....
    Did we work out if he was a Russian spy in the end? Because if he is, he's doing the Motherland proud.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

isam said:

Desperate stuff
    I know! Chuka's vanity knows no bounds

I thought you were going to say Farage did the same when he set up the National Front!
  • Options

TGOHF said:

tpfkar said:

Only an obsessive Brexiter would withold support from the Tories on the basis of that issue alone. Relatively few people hold such strong views on the issue on either side of the debate.
  • Options

TGOHF said:

tpfkar said:

No ones going to deliver anything at The Euros are they?
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092
    isam said:

isam said:

Desperate stuff
    Chuka's initials aren't "CUK"
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

Desperate stuff
    ChUK. :p
  • Options

I’m seriously considering not voting in any new GE.

I'm beginning to see what you mean.... :(
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,218
    Ishmael_Z said:

What offence do you think he may have committed?
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

Desperate stuff
    Haha!! They're not far off it!!
  • Options
    StreeterStreeter Posts: 684
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Commiserations.
    Thankyou Peter.

Don't slam the door.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Ishmael_Z said:

What offence do you think he may have committed?
    I said nothing about that, I was talking about the possibility of the average Met plod thinking he had committed an offence, and I would have thought that at least as many policemen as not would regard "multiculturalism is genocide" as an incitement to racial hatred.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,720
    Streeter said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Commiserations.
    Thankyou Peter.

Don't slam the door.
    Don't worry. He'll be back. Tomorrow probably. :smile:
  • Options
    justin124 said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

We have different views on this.I never had a sense that Brexit was an issue which the public at large was desperate to talk about in 2017 regardless of the lines taken by May and Corbyn at the time - most people were keener to discuss other matters.I may be proved wrong on this, but my gut feeling is that the idea that they will want to spend 5 or 6 further weeks focussing on Brexit is - frankly - 'for the birds'.
    Why talk about something when as far as the main parties are concerned, it is already settled?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I hope they give similar prominence to news concerning fines for Remain groups.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,218
    In the 2017 GE Brexit was irrelevant to my vote. Keeping Corbyn out of power was the only thing I was interested in. The same will be the case if there is a GE this year. Alas, my vote will make no difference at all as the Labour MP has a large majority. So my choices are:-

1. Voting for the Lib Dems. These days that’s the electoral equivalent of a pity fuck.
    2. Abstaining in person.
    3. Spoiling my ballot paper by writing rude things on it
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Being a racist c%%t is.
    Being against multi-culturalism is not racist.
This discussion has been closed.