Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » TMay’s problem is that the vast majority of voters, including

Comments

• Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,793

So Brussels - how is that No Deal Brexit looking down your end of the telescope?

I assume they will deal with it in the same way as they have dealt with every other UK proposal since Cameron's renegotiation: bemusement followed by refusal. Are you expecting something different?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,071

I've been saying for a while that No Deal was a 75%-80% chance of happening, I think I was lowballing it.

It really depends how you feel May, the Tory party and the country will react when we're at the edge of the precipice. No deal is either nailed on, or impossible.
  • Options
    FensterFenster Posts: 2,115
    Chuka Ummuna crying on Sky News.

He could've been Lab leader if he hadn't shit out.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,283
    Danny565 said:

IanB2 said:

Scott_P said:
    Should shut Peoples Voters up at least.

The one thing that hasn't been voted on.
    Could you please take me through the thought process where an MP would think delaying Brexit by a few months would be disrespectful to Leave voters, but overturning Brexit altogether would be fine.
    Two weeks is a long time in politics.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Pulpstar said:

Must be very frustrating for Mrs May. You can't but admire her patience. She's been telling the children for yonks that There Is No Alternative and that the only way to avoid No Deal is to, err, back the deal that is available. And yet we have to go through this charade yet again.

Cooper and Grieve have at least shown there is no will in parliament to block Brexit. A useful service, even if it will have cost me £40 on Betfair :open_mouth:
    After tonight, Brexit Means Brexit.

Only question is, what flavour? May's Deal as is, May's Deal as Brussels cave and amend - or No Deal.

Going to be one. Corbyn wants No Deal (Oh Yes He Does!). How many of his MPs will end up supporting May's Deal (whatever form) rather than see No Deal happen?

Brussels, whether Brady passes or fails tonight, the UK MPs have just gone all in on Brexit happening. Want to lose £39 billion on it being No Deal, for a backstop nobody apparently wants?
  • Options
    glw said:

I've been saying for a while that No Deal was a 75%-80% chance of happening, I think I was lowballing it.

Do you not think that at the last moment the goverment might blink? Obviously they have to pretend they won't, but I find it hard to believe they are sanguine about crashing out.
    No, if the MPs aren't voting for something as benign as the today's amendments then they certainly will not vote for revocation/extension of Article 50.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    HYUFD said:

Fenster said:

Am I right in saying that with Cooper/Grieve's amendments falling, if Brady's amendment passes and the EU refuses to reopen the WA, then the Remainers in parliament will have no choice but to vote for May's deal to avoid No Deal?

Yes but the Brady amendment is irrelevant as the EU will reject it, if May's Deal is to pass it will be as is with the backstop
    "Intransigent Brussels refuses to negotiate - ensures Hard Brexit"

titter.
  • Options

It really depends how you feel May, the Tory party and the country will react when we're at the edge of the precipice. No deal is either nailed on, or impossible.
    She has ruled it out, several times. So she will blink. I am quite sure the Revocation Bill is already drafted and locked away in someone's top drawer.
  • Options

Nailed on. Has been since December. Party before country every single time.

• Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    rpjs said:

Barnesian said:

Charles said:

Barnesian said:

Caroline Lucas has just used my "pointing a gun at your own head" analogy.

EDIT: Here it is again in full

My analogy is a person pointing a gun at their own head and threatening to pull the trigger and spatter the other side with blood if they don't get their own way. They are probably bluffing but they might not be, or might accidentally pull the trigger, particularly as some who are not in the line of fire are egging them on. Letwin believes it is reckless behaviour and not to be tolerated.

A little tasteless given yesterday’s news

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.wsbradio.com/news/national/louis-police-officer-killed-colleague-died-during-game-russian-roulette-authorities-say/AX8aiSm1zLKen8wXgrlUWO/amp.html
    A little tasteless to go searching for that story to try undermine an important issue here in parliament.
    A story that hasn't even made the national use here in the US (at least not this morning's breakfast news).
    The Times of London, though, is the only paper of record

(But cop shoots cop is not as good a story as cop shoots BAME individual whether justified or not)
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,869
    MaxPB said:

Must be very frustrating for Mrs May. You can't but admire her patience. She's been telling the children for yonks that There Is No Alternative and that the only way to avoid No Deal is to, err, back the deal that is available. And yet we have to go through this charade yet again.

Or remain, of course. Odd that you forgot that option.
    How would remain or a second referendum make it through the house?
    Anyone who thinks a 2nd Referendum has any chance of a Parliamentary Majority aint paying attention to these votes.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,249
    Our MPs at this moment are sitting on a chair watching the tide come in. They have three options. They can sit where they are, and get drowned. They can climb on the chair, in which case there is a risk they will be swept away but a chance they will be safe. Or they can run above the high-water mark.

So what are they doing? Ordering the tide to turn back.

It's obvious.

They are all Cnuts.

(For the avoidance of doubt, being drowned is no Deal, climbing on the chair is the deal, the retreat to safety is revoke. Ordering the tide to turn to go away is every single thing they have debated tonight. This is just unreal.)
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,777
    While I don't see much in the government's latest 'plan' that seems viable, after the rightful praise of the Labour whipping operation in some recent votes the government whips do appear to have done a stellar job so far.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Fenster said:

Am I right in saying that with Cooper/Grieve's amendments falling, if Brady's amendment passes and the EU refuses to reopen the WA, then the Remainers in parliament will have no choice but to vote for May's deal to avoid No Deal?

Yes but the Brady amendment is irrelevant as the EU will reject it, if May's Deal is to pass it will be as is with the backstop
    Yes, I wasn't clear... but the Brady amendment has a cunning purpose as it puts the ball in the EU's court and when they tell us NO, parliamentarians will be squeezed into a narrow choice between May's Deal and No Deal. Remainers will then know the only way to avoid No Deal will be to outvote the ERG?
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

MaxPB said:

Anyone who thinks a 2nd Referendum has any chance of a Parliamentary Majority aint paying attention to these votes.
    Apparently Jez, the lifelong leaver and Eurosceptic will have a change of heart...
  • Options
    viewcode said:

So Brussels - how is that No Deal Brexit looking down your end of the telescope?

I assume they will deal with it in the same way as they have dealt with every other UK proposal since Cameron's renegotiation: bemusement followed by refusal. Are you expecting something different?
    Frankly, yes. Past forms says something will happen in the final 48 hours of dealing with the EU. That needs No Deal still to be on the table - tick. Irish panicking - tick. Other heads of EU countries wondering "is it worth dying in a ditch for the backstop?" - tick.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352

If there's no majority to delay brexit there's no majority to stop it altogether.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,249
    ydoethur said:

Our MPs at this moment are sitting on a chair watching the tide come in. They have three options. They can sit where they are, and get drowned. They can climb on the chair, in which case there is a risk they will be swept away but a chance they will be safe. Or they can run above the high-water mark.

It's obvious.

They are all Cnuts.

(For the avoidance of doubt, being drowned is no Deal, climbing on the chair is the deal, the retreat to safety is revoke. Ordering the tide to turn to go away is every single thing they have debated tonight. This is just unreal.)

Seems to me there is an unspoken conspiracy in Commons to end up with No Deal.

Ultra WTO unicorns believers: happy

Northern Leave Lab: happy

Corbyn 'Marxism will happen when there is utter chaos anyway' MPs : happy

I am very angry tonight. Off the scale.

Am I alone?
  • Options
    It's time to be creative. Theresa May should send Boris to renegotiate, and give him a week to do so.
  • Options
    Where do the PB Brains Trust now rate the percentage chances of Remain?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Scott_P said:

How does an MP abstain. Is it as simple as not voting, or can they walk through a lobby and spoil their paper?
    The formal way to abstain in person is to walk through both lobbies.
    If they do that do they count in both vote tallies or neither vote tally?
    Neither, but are recorded as having been present and abstained, as opposed to being absent for a vote.

One assumes that it’s polite to communicate what you’re doing to the tellers, so as not to mess up their tallies.
    That's the House of Lords procedure.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    A movement of half a cent is not dramatic. From memory, when May in the 2016? Party Conference made it obvious that Customs Union and Single Market membership were being unsought, it fell by around two cents a day for four days straight. I was vexed.

As a rough rule of thumb: every time she speeches, GBP falls
  • Options
    Fenster said:

I thought he would be happy to see parliament taking control.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    About a quarter of a penny is massive?
  • Options

It really isn't. The reason there is no alternative is that in accordance with the Lisbon Treaty and after a two-year negotiation the UK government and the EU have formally agreed a 500+ page Withdrawal Agreement which the EU aren't willing to change, as they've been telling anyone who asks for weeks. Perhaps is some parallel universe there might have been a different Withdrawal Agreement, but it's not obvious how or why.

But, of course, it's completely unacceptable to Parliament, her party and her coalition partners because it's terrible.

Whether or not terrible is the only possible outcome is irrelevant counterfactual. What we have here is a terrible deal that the EU is trying to force on us. Either we crash out without a deal, or the ERG and the DUP cave in to the EU, or May blinks and revokes.

Those are the three options. We don't need extensions, or referendums, or indicative votes. We just need to run down the clock and see which Tories crack first.

• Options

ydoethur said:

It's obvious.

They are all Cnuts.

Am I alone?
    This is enough to make anyone think Trotsky and Cromwell both had a point when they dissolved elected assemblies by armed force.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

Jonathan said:

No. Talking to people like children and having zero political imagination is reason why there is no alternative.
    It really isn't. The reason there is no alternative is that in accordance with the Lisbon Treaty and after a two-year negotiation the UK government and the EU have formally agreed a 500+ page Withdrawal Agreement which the EU aren't willing to change, as they've been telling anyone who asks for weeks. Perhaps in some parallel universe there might have been a different Withdrawal Agreement, but it's not obvious how or why, and it ain't available in this universe.
    May forgot she has to take Parliament with her. We are now dealing with that fundamental error.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Apparently Jez, the lifelong leaver and Eurosceptic will have a change of heart...
    It’s more likely he would stop and have a friendly chat with the daily mail reporter that doorsteps him on a regular basis!
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    Spelman matched at 1.04 to win !
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    Pulpstar said:

More to the point, £15k done @ 1.02 on her losing!
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

kjohnw said:

One thing is clear tonight -we are leaving one way or another. Remain is finished

I mean this is obviously not the case.
    There is definitely no majority for it in Parliament. I'd expect a second ref amendment to get voted down by an even bigger margin than these two.
    Doesn’t matter. No Deal is simply not an option.
    On the contrary, it is the default option and Parliament has just reaffirmed that tonight.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    He happens to be correct. Merely because it is an option you and I don't want to see taken doesn't mean it isn't what's going to happen unless a positive decision is taken for another course of action.
    I just don’t believe that the adults in Parliament
    I've spotted a flaw here...
    You got there before I did. Although I would have used rude words.
  • Options
    TBH hope Brady passes now.

Cant have 7 amendments with 7 defeats surely
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    If the remainers hadn't spent the last two years moaning and being constructive, they could have formed the basis for a proper deal by now.

Brexit....means....Brexit..
  • Options

It's time to be creative. Theresa May should send Boris to renegotiate, and give him a week to do so.

Send Corbyn to do it - it's vote from his party she needs to see it over the line.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    Trying to blame ‘no deal’ on remainers is just hilarious. Just utterly ridiculously laughable.
  • Options

TBH hope Brady passes now.

Cant have 7 amendments with 7 defeats surely

Spelman should pass but it's not meaningful.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Send Corbyn to do it - it's vote from his party she needs to see it over the line.
    He would be delighted to. All Mrs May has to do is call an election and then lose.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

No. Talking to people like children and having zero political imagination is reason why there is no alternative.
    It really isn't. The reason there is no alternative is that in accordance with the Lisbon Treaty and after a two-year negotiation the UK government and the EU have formally agreed a 500+ page Withdrawal Agreement which the EU aren't willing to change, as they've been telling anyone who asks for weeks. Perhaps in some parallel universe there might have been a different Withdrawal Agreement, but it's not obvious how or why, and it ain't available in this universe.
    May forgot she has to take Parliament with her. We are now dealing with that fundamental error.
    Yeah, sure. All those LibDem, SNP and Labour MPs were really, really keen to help. Corbyn wanted nothing more than to engage in constructive collaboration with the Tories.
  • Options

Send Boris and the DUP.

• Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929

Pulpstar said:

Christ, someone is confident. Whips on the betfair app lol ?
  • Options

After his Bob Crow negotiations that would be relying on third time lucky.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

He would come back unwittingly having agreed for the uk to fund an eu army.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

!!!!!

Let's hope they can afford to lose it.
  • Options

Trying to blame ‘no deal’ on remainers is just hilarious. Just utterly ridiculously laughable.

It's up the the EU now - do they want a deal ?
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850

Fenster said:

May needs to bring another Meaningful Vote again in two weeks. If/when she loses that by another thumping majority, the whole cycle repeats.

Nothing Has Changed.
    Possibly, but the Commons seem (to my enormous surprise ) to be closing off Remain as an option.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,657

Nailed on. Has been since December. Party before country every single time.

As one of the few pundits on here of either faction that called Brexit correctly, this carries weight with me. No Deal it is.

I don't particularly mind, and think the scares exagerrated. The decay will be slow not abrupt.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Yeah, sure. All those LibDem, SNP and Labour MPs were really, really keen to help. Corbyn wanted nothing more than to engage in constructive collaboration with the Tories.
    It's funny, isn't it? May thought she was running down the clock to try to pressurise people into supporting her deal. Actually everyone else is running down the clock to try and pressurise her.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

It's obvious.

They are all Cnuts.

Am I alone?
    It's not a conspiracy, per se, it's just that a lot more people see political advantage in no deal occurring than will admit it. It does not necessarily mean that it is the preferred option of all that many, but it is, rightly or not, not seen in the interests of enough people to prevent it. You identify why that may be.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited January 2019
    IanB2 said:

Yeah, we'd end up paying them an additional €10bn and nothing else changed.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

It's obvious.

They are all Cnuts.

Am I alone?
    This is enough to make anyone think Trotsky and Cromwell both had a point when they dissolved elected assemblies by armed force.
    This must be the worst Parliament in my lifetime, as far as giving a flying f*** for anything but their own tiny personal agendas and petty ego trips.

They have more interest in whether their tie is straight on live TV than the nation.

God save of us from this ship of fools.

• Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

In a Brexit meeting at work 2 weeks back the chair asked for a show of hands for what we felt most likely:

deal, no Brexit or no deal Brexit.

I was the only one who felt no deal Brexit was likely outcome.

Other two options were fairly close in numbers

• Options
    Sean_F said:

Fenster said:

May needs to bring another Meaningful Vote again in two weeks. If/when she loses that by another thumping majority, the whole cycle repeats.

Nothing Has Changed.
    Possibly, but the Commons seem (to my enormous surprise ) to be closing off Remain as an option.
    The game has changed. It's not "prevent no deal" it's "avoid the blame for no deal".

The calculations are very different.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,011
    Fenster said:

HYUFD said:

Fenster said:

Yes, I wasn't clear... but the Brady amendment has a cunning purpose as it puts the ball in the EU's court and when they tell us NO, parliamentarians will be squeezed into a narrow choice between May's Deal and No Deal. Remainers will then know the only way to avoid No Deal will be to outvote the ERG?
    The EU have already told us No, the Brady amendment is irrelevant and a time waster, either MPs get behind May's Deal as is or it is likely to be No Deal
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,657
    IanB2 said:

Now there is a negotiator sorely missed :)
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Fenster said:

Chuka Ummuna ROFL
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,898

Pulpstar said:

That’s a good effort. If she loses!
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    TGOHF said:

It's up the the EU now - do they want a deal ?
    It's absolutely a realistic concession/renegotiation for the EU to make. If they won't even take another look at it then they're as complicit as the most awkward factions within parliament in allowing no deal to happen.
  • Options

It's funny, isn't it? May thought she was running down the clock to try to pressurise people into supporting her deal. Actually everyone else is running down the clock to try and pressurise her.

They've been doing that all along. The trouble is that different groups are trying to push her in multiple different directions.
  • Options
    BBC saying Spelman amendment might go through. It's one I've not even seen discussed up til now.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Fenster said:

HYUFD said:

Fenster said:

The EU have already told us No, the Brady amendment is irrelevant and a time waster, either MPs get behind May's Deal as is or it is likely to be No Deal
    So the EU are in favour of ignoring national parliaments ? Or no deal ?

Which is it ?
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Not only did she not try, she antagonised them and polarised the debate. If we’ve learned anything it is that there are enough Labour Brexit MPs who could have been brought in.
  • Options
    Spelman amendment has passed
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited January 2019
    ydoethur said:

It's obvious.

They are all Cnuts.

The point of Cnut was that he was purposely showing his subjects he was powerless against the tide.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Fenster said:

HYUFD said:

Fenster said:

No Deal, then.

I mean, we hear that 40 Tory remainers are apparently willing to resign the whip to prevent no deal, but nobody believes those bags of watery piss have the guts.

When the EU rejects re-opening the WA, May will switch to No Deal as her preferred option and the Tory remainers will do NOTHING.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Spelman Amendment passes

For 318
    Against 310

So the Commons has voted against No Deal but without yet voting for any of the means to stop it!

• Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

kle4 said:

Fenster said:

Chuka Ummuna ROFL
    Something we can agree on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    So there is a majority for stopping no deal but the self serving ****s don’t want to get their hands dirty. They want someone else to do it.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Interesting that as many as 310 MPs voted against saying no to No Deal.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Not only did she not try, she antagonised them and polarised the debate. If we’ve learned anything it is that there are enough Labour Brexit MPs who could have been brought in.
    So they are gone for good and will support No Deal, rather than come round to at least abstaining when her deal gets presented again?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    kle4 said:

I looked at the Malthouse plan and it looked like a confusing mess.

I looked at it last night. It can be summarised as:

* 1: if Plan A fails, keep offering Plan A
    * 2: if Plan A fails, use plan B during the Implementation Period, despite the fact that the "Implementation Period" has no meaning if Plan A fails and the EU has not agreed Plan B
    * 3: If Plan B fails, use Plan C, despite the fact that the EU has not agreed Plan C.

That was it. Several highly paid MPs sat down and came up with this. I've read Blake's 7 fan fiction that was more convincing. I'm not joking.

• Options
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/jeremy-corbyn-sends-labour-manifesto-to-theresa-may-in-dig-at-leadership-woes-a3585751.html
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    HYUFD said:

Spelman Amendment passes

For 318
    Against 310

So the Commons has voted against No Deal but without voting for any of the means to stop it!

someone just lost quite a bit of money there
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Fenster said:

Nothing Has Changed.
    The game has changed. It's not "prevent no deal" it's "avoid the blame for no deal".

The calculations are very different.
    First rule of politics: the government is to blame.

May has bought herself a fortnight by holding out some hope of a way forward. But can she deliver?
  • Options
    Here comes Brady’s unicorn amendment.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    So the non binding advisory amendment with no force goes through?

What a shock.

Responsibility shirking wankers.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    14 or so Lab voting with gov on Grieve and Cooper amendments i see.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Spelman Amendment passes

For 318
    Against 310

So the Commons has voted against No Deal but without voting for any of the means to stop it!

Get in there
    This takes my anger down a notch, but not much.

How?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

What a shock.

This.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,071
    HYUFD said:

Spelman Amendment passes

For 318
    Against 310

So the Commons has voted against No Deal but without yet voting for any of the means to stop it!

May can stop it by revoking article 50. If there's no deal, that will be the will of parliament by default.
  • Options

So there is a majority for stopping no deal but the self serving ****s don’t want to get their hands dirty. They want someone else to do it.

Yes but no mechanism proposed. The amendment is completely pointless.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Interesting that as many as 310 MPs voted against saying no to No Deal.

Some of them might have thought the motion is pointless.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

HYUFD said:

Fenster said:

HYUFD said:

Fenster said:

So the EU are in favour of ignoring national parliaments ? Or no deal ?

Which is it ?
    The EU are in favour of keeping the 27 behind their Deal
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Unless they have voted either for the Deal or to revoke, this vote is as utterly meaningless as the rest of this debate. It's more sterile than two eunuchs arguing first use of a condom.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Spelman Amendment passes

For 318
    Against 310

Isn't it only "advisory"? Has no force, when push comes to shove......
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Alistair said:

What a shock.

Much as I hate the term, the Spelman amendement really is "virtue signalling".
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Spelman Amendment passes

For 318
    Against 310

May can stop it by revoking article 50. If there's no deal, that will be the will of parliament by default.
    It's non-binding.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Is there a book on what time the EU tell the UK that it isn't going to happen?

I know they are an hour ahead, so could cause confusion.
  • Options
    So far, nothing has changed.
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

I would agree with that and she suffered badly for it. But now we are at the business end of the negotiations she is listening and it is those on the other side of the argument that are inadvertently driving us towards no deal.
  • Options
    I vote we replace Parliament with a trained African Gray that you feed it a cracker and it goes "Nothing has changed! Nothing has changed! Who's a pretty boy then?!"
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2019

HYUFD said:

Spelman Amendment passes

For 318
    Against 310

The will of Parliament is for a Deal yet to be determined, in the end that may leave only May's Deal
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Spelman Amendment passes

For 318
    Against 310

The EU wouldn't accept that. Parliament would have to specifically order her to revoke.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Spelman Amendment passes

For 318
    Against 310

Isn't it only "advisory"? Has no force, when push comes to shove......
    Anybody told the bbc, they are getting very excited by this.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Danny565 said:

IanB2 said:

Scott_P said:

The one thing that hasn't been voted on.
    Could you please take me through the thought process where an MP would think delaying Brexit by a few months would be disrespectful to Leave voters, but overturning Brexit altogether would be fine.
    You see, where you went wrong there was using the words "thought process" and "MP" in the same sentence.
    "But then the prospect of a lot
    Of dull MPs
    In close poximity
    All thinking for themselves is what
    No man can face with equinimity."
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Is there a book on what time the EU tell the UK that it isn't going to happen?

I know they are an hour ahead, so could cause confusion.
    Tbh, if I was in the PMs position I'd go and ask for anything. Even a 10 year time limit, by which time we'd have a trade deal signed anyway.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Rory S - doesn't want no deal, but doesn't think tonight is the right time to vote against it.

Quote of the night.
This discussion has been closed.