Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Use this specially designed referendum widget to follow eve

12345679»

Comments

• Options

tyson said:

SeanT said:

Let's compare referendum wines! I'm guzzling Capologno di Torbe Amarone, 2009. And delicious it is. Mmmmmmmm. *falls over, slightly*

Mine is a pleasant MontiFalco

Guiness West Indian Porter for me, recommended!
    Ive gone for Shepherd Neames Ace Ale-a wimbledon special
    Poor choice-too floral
    The West Indian Porter is made to an old recipe, found in the Guinness archives. goes well with cheese, sadly I have no oysers for the classic combo.
    Thank you for the recomendation-sounds one worth trying
    I am now drinking it with some stilton and it is improving!!
  • Options
    ReggieCideReggieCide Posts: 4,312

will someone please tell ALL the politicians that there is no such thing as EU money

It is our money sent to the EU

Of which it keeps 50% to spend on those more deserving than us.
  • Options
    DanSmithDanSmith Posts: 1,215
    BBC: Labour think in Sunderland Leave won the postal vote 60:40
  • Options
    William_HWilliam_H Posts: 346
    DanSmith said:

Postal vote skews old, so Leave?
  • Options
    GravitationGravitation Posts: 281
    DanSmith said:

If that is repeated across the country Leave will have a good chance of winning and I think that Remain have probably won on the day, but if it's 52/48 might not be enough to overturn the postal lead.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,702
    edited June 2016

IanB2 said:

Pound at 1.50 for dollar

Sell sterling, Mr. G.. The economic essentials haven't changed.
    Except that by historic standards 1.5 is low. More interesting is the stock market. If remain do win I expect the boost will carry through into early next week, but would expect a selling sweet spot to present itself midweek
    The pound used to be worth multiple dollars, what history period are you talking about
    Well they say no-one ever went bankrupt by selling pounds at two dollars or buying them at one fifty. Probably one forty is a better lower stop over recent years, but sooner or later I would expect to see $1.65 again....

Edit/ and as I type the £ has just steamed thru $1.50 - the financial markets aren't showing any doubt about the result tonight
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

I made it. Got into the station at 9.47. Ran to the car, broke every speed limit and got there as they were preparing to close down. I was the second last in; the last person was also a late train casualty and also Remain.

Very pleased to have taken part!

I am jolly pleased you got to take part, Mr. Observer and well done for your determination.

Now about your self-confessed breaking of the criminal law. I presume that you now would allow that it is OK for other people to break the law as long as it is so that they can do something that they really want to do.
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 726
    We've had the unresignation, now Nigel Farage has "unconceded!" - BBC
    70-75% turnout in Basildon they say
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,354
    All the incoming data is pro-Leave...
  • Options
    IG Index are expecting the FTSE 100 index to rise by a further 100 points tomorrow.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 22,047
    Swindon only narrow leave according to BBC
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Betfair dipping under 9, nearly down to mid 8s. If there are unusual results (and there always are in an election) some people are going to make lots of money and some are going to lose a lot. Glad I don't bet!
  • Options
    NeilVW said:

watching SKY
    If that is that the case??
  • Options

NeilVW said:

watching SKY
    If that is that the case??
    Just been announced by Dimbers on the BBC. Which means it's fact.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,354

viewcode said:

Betfair dipping under 9, nearly down to mid 8s. If there are unusual results (and there always are in an election) some people are going to make lots of money and some are going to lose a lot. Glad I don't bet!
    I still think LEAVE will win.
  • Options
    William_H said:

DanSmith said:

Yes if correct, that looks like being marginally good news for Remain with the overall Sunderland result being much closer to parity for the two sides.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

I still think LEAVE will win.
    All the broadly based evidence points towards remain. As OGH has said, if leave actually win this one it's a bigger story than 2015 GE. Most of the posts on here seem to be variants on "the ten people I know all voted leave so leave will win", which seems a shaky basis to be gambling money to me. The odds are indeed attractive but if the horse doesn't win you lose your stake whether it was 10/1 or evens...
  • Options
    Remain's 45% - 50% (i.e.losing) band has shortened considerably over the past 45 minutes from 13.0 to 9.6 ...... Hmm ..... interesing.
  • Options

William_H said:

DanSmith said:

Yes if correct, that looks like being marginally good news for Remain with the overall Sunderland result being much closer to parity for the two sides.
    But how would they know? Postal votes aren't counted separately and are verified face down.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

William_H said:

DanSmith said:

But how would they know? Postal votes aren't counted separately and are verified face down.
    They don't know, but it's nevertheless about people putting their money down so it concentrates minds!
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 22,047
    join us in NEW THREAD
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    edited June 2016
    deleted
  • Options
    FrankMullerFrankMuller Posts: 21
    edited June 2016
    -
This discussion has been closed.