Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Use this specially designed referendum widget to follow eve

Comments

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,922
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

The YouGov on the day poll is on Sky News at 10pm

NOT AN EXIT POLL

That was a particular stinker at the GE. They can't do any worse this time.
    At indyref it was 54% No 46% Yes so pretty accurate. There was no yougov on the day poll at the general election, just the John Curtice exit poll
    Yes there was. Yougov reinterviewed people and that is what Kellner was basing his claims the exit poll didn't seem correct. Kellner said their reinterviewes showed no late swing & it was neck and neck.
    Maybe you are right but their indyref re-poll on the day was pretty close to the final result
    On this I know I am, but Kellner made a plonker of himself & the problem was the reinterviewing strategy of a bad sampling.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,748
    Swindon!
  • Options
    GhedebravGhedebrav Posts: 3,268
    John_M said:

RobD said:

rcs1000 said:

Less than 30 minutes until polls close!

More importantly, less then 25 minutes until the Dimbleby graces our televisions with his presence!
    Dimbleby needs to join Sir Bruce in honourable retirement. He's a sad sight to see these days.
    A

John_M said:

RobD said:

rcs1000 said:

Less than 30 minutes until polls close!

More importantly, less then 25 minutes until the Dimbleby graces our televisions with his presence!
    Dimbleby needs to join Sir Bruce in honourable retirement. He's a sad sight to see these days.
    He's still perfectly good at making recorded pieces to camera, à la Attenborough.

My mother (who used to work as a shop assistant, and likes to regale people who've heard it a dozen times before that she used to serve the Dimblebies when they were young men) loves his history documentaries.

I think big live events - maybe even live TV full stop - is getting a bit beyond his ability to carry successfully.
    Heading into Rowley Birkin QC territory, bless him.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,148
    Ooo that's pretty close.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,469

Leave.EU have conducted a 10k strong poll, so Farage must have based it on that.

That shows a narrow Leave win?
    52/48 is a big divergence from other polls. But hard to know how seriously to take it.
  • Options
    JennyFreemanJennyFreeman Posts: 488
    IanB2 said:

Wanderer said:

OllyT said:

So frustrating. Stuck just outside Banbury now. Am not the only one who is missing out. There are a few of us in the same spot, it seems. Remainers, unfortunately. Or maybe there are some shy Leavers too :-)

I would move voting to the weekend, possibly over both days, so that instances like this were rarer.
    Spot on', move it to a Sunday and let working people have a level playing field with the OAPs and the unemployed
    There's no real reason not to do that is there?
    All of the reasons offered as to why it's usually a Thursday are historic and no longer relevant. Given the labour involved, however, Sunday would be a more expensive choice.
    i know the drama is fun but why can't we have electronic voting and counting? Results would be instantaneous.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,055
    RobD said:

TOPPING said:

I bloody love the BBC.
    I bloody love David Dimbleby.
    I have always bloody loved Emily Maitlis.
    I have come to bloody love Laura Kuessnberg.

Hear, hear! (Yes I'm PB Tory heretic)
    I love the BBC. Their footie coverage. Glasto. BBC 4, and 5, and 6 Music, and World Service
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

How do we download the widget? I've downloaded the app, but now what?

You don't need to download anything you can see it on PB's page.

It's also directly available here

• Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    AndyJS said:

YouGov final:

Remain 52%
    Leave 48%

Oooo.

I said 53/47.

Very close.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Is it really really 83% turnout ?
  • Options
    eek said:

NeilVW said:

chestnut said:

ITV have Peston on. Why?

He's their political editor?
    Why? (sorry couldn't resist but even so why?)
    Southam's counting his blessings now!
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658
    YouGov were only checking if there had been late movement. Whether there basic poll was accurate is another matter.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

SKY News Yougov - Remain 52% Leave 48%

Crickey the city boys are either getting a lot wider margins or have been punting hard on moe.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @tnewtondunn: Breaking: Two thirds of Leave Tory MPs sign a letter calling for David Cameron to stay as PM whatever #EUref result
    https://t.co/VqafBnQNWK
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,977
    Close - BF unmoved....
  • Options

You gov 52/48

52:48 for Remain?

SpreadEx can still be sold at 54.25
  • Options
    WandererWanderer Posts: 3,838
    Lowlander said:

Farage concedes and no response in betting?

He has form for unconceding.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,386

How do we download the widget? I've downloaded the app, but now what?

You don't need to download anything you can see it on PB's page.

It's also directly available here

Thanks Mark.
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 729

IanB2 said:

Wanderer said:

OllyT said:

So frustrating. Stuck just outside Banbury now. Am not the only one who is missing out. There are a few of us in the same spot, it seems. Remainers, unfortunately. Or maybe there are some shy Leavers too :-)

I would move voting to the weekend, possibly over both days, so that instances like this were rarer.
    Spot on', move it to a Sunday and let working people have a level playing field with the OAPs and the unemployed
    All of the reasons offered as to why it's usually a Thursday are historic and no longer relevant. Given the labour involved, however, Sunday would be a more expensive choice.
    i know the drama is fun but why can't we have electronic voting and counting? Results would be instantaneous.
    No way! I love election nights!
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,134
    I am sticking with Sky coverage this evening. Much prefer it to the BBC.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Sky News thinks Havering will vote Remain. A mistake I think.
  • Options

IanB2 said:

Wanderer said:

OllyT said:

And think of the conspiracy theories...
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,642

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

NOT AN EXIT POLL

At indyref it was 54% No 46% Yes so pretty accurate. There was no yougov on the day poll at the general election, just the John Curtice exit poll
    Yes there was. Yougov reinterviewed people and that is what Kellner was basing his claims the exit poll didn't seem correct. Kellner said their reinterviewes showed no late swing & it was neck and neck.
    Maybe you are right but their indyref re-poll on the day was pretty close to the final result
    On this I know I am, but Kellner made a plonker of himself & the problem was the reinterviewing strategy of a bad sampling.
    Perhaps but their Scotland referendum repoll was No 54% Yes 46% so I think this is likely to be close to the final result
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

AndyJS said:

YouGov final:

Remain 52%
    Leave 48%

Oooo.

I said 53/47.

Very close.
    The is too close for comfort. I've seen those kind of exit poll numbers flip...Remember 2000 and 2004 US
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,716
    What is the point of Nicky Morgan?
  • Options
    So do I get it right. Yougov 52/48 and Remains 10000 person effort is exactly the opposite result.

Basically TCTC and no one has the faintest idea.

Oh well we should get an early test of TSEs Blucher theory in Sunderland
  • Options

HYUFD said:

SKY News Yougov - Remain 52% Leave 48%

Crickey the city boys are either getting a lot wider margins or have been punting hard on moe.
    Yes, I think it will be close, Remain will win but it will be close
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,744

IanB2 said:

Wanderer said:

OllyT said:

Would still need tons of labour all day to staff the voting places etc.
  • Options
    Ok - now it has moved
  • Options

You gov 52/48

too close to call then especially given postal votes
  • Options
    LondonLondon Posts: 40
    Been waiting to post this on Facebook for weeks

However the result goes this evening/tomorrow (it really don't know which way it will go) I think the campaign, from both sides, has been terrible. Both sides have used frankly dodgy statistics and divisive language. Leave does not equal “Racist”, “Little Englander”, “Idiot” and remainer does not equal “Traitor” “Quisling” “The Establishment”.

The problem is that I don't think this is going to stop. Whatever side wins we are probably entering a period of political turmoil. The whole referendum campaign has left a stain of bitterness and division across the UK. A stain that may take some time to wipe clean.

The up side? Looks like turnout is going to be high – more people getting involved in the democratic process is always a good thing.
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,985
    edited June 2016
    Couldn't get to sleep. That poll looks like either side could still win. TCTC
  • Options

IanB2 said:

Wanderer said:

OllyT said:

An utterly hideous suggestion!
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    BF reacts, mentally...
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,783
    That is really close. Unexpected turnout could still change that. Not likely but possible.
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

NOT AN EXIT POLL

Perhaps but their Scotland referendum repoll was No 54% Yes 46% so I think this is likely to be close to the final result
    Scotland must be much easier to poll. Smaller, probably more homogenous.

• Options
    Jst matched at 16!
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

84% turnout in Gibraltar.

Weren't people expecting it to be higher (I had it down as 95% turnout & 90% Remain - may have been the other way round).
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503

IanB2 said:

Wanderer said:

OllyT said:

Electronic voting. Nope. Far too susceptible to nobbling, even now.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,452
    I WANT JEREMY KYLE DEAD
    I WANT JEREMY KYLE DEAD
    I WANT JEREMY KYLE DEAD
    AND HIS CAT
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

There was a guy wearing a Remain t-shirt and carrying a giant eraser in Havering...
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 21,080
    I think YouGov will be a long way out there...
  • Options
    tyson said:

RobD said:

TOPPING said:

I bloody love the BBC.
    I bloody love David Dimbleby.
    I have always bloody loved Emily Maitlis.
    I have come to bloody love Laura Kuessnberg.

Hear, hear! (Yes I'm PB Tory heretic)
    I love the BBC. Their footie coverage. Glasto. BBC 4, and 5, and 6 Music, and World Service
    The BBC is one of our greatest institutions and a huge cultural asset which we have acquired almost by accident.
  • Options

I think people ask that every day. Nicola Murray anybody?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,103
    That could be the biggest 14-1 of all time.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 115,116
    Leave out to 16
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,151
    GIN1138 said:

I think YouGov will be a long way out there...

Why?
  • Options
    I do not bloody love Nicky Morgan.

Sorry luv.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,348
    Wow - how did Betfair move so much, so quickly?
  • Options
    LondonLondon Posts: 40
    Sky apparently saying 84% turnout. Surely not?
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,583
    Mortimer said:

Jst matched at 16!

That is properly bonkers.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @LOS_Fisher: . @Arron_banks on Nigel Farage's early concession of a Remain win: "He doesn't know anything." https://t.co/1ijwSgUBFY
  • Options
    Leave waaay out on betfair now. Up to 15.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Weren't people expecting it to be higher (I had it down as 95% turnout & 90% Remain - may have been the other way round).
    I'm short turnout...
  • Options
    FensterFenster Posts: 2,115
    viewcode said:

I WANT JEREMY KYLE DEAD
    I WANT JEREMY KYLE DEAD
    I WANT JEREMY KYLE DEAD
    AND HIS CAT

Fuck me. Is Jeremy Kyle doing politics now? The working classes really are out in their droves. Only Kyle can control them.
  • Options
    GravitationGravitation Posts: 281
    Never felt so depressed about an election result in my life. Just hoping it's closer than 10 points.
  • Options
    well good evening all
    back from canvassing a local council estate-whatever the result BOTH main political parties have serious work ahead reconnecting with "their" base
  • Options
    Kinda hope Swindon somehow beats Sunderland... :D
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,783

I think people ask that every day. Nicola Murray anybody?
    On a good day Morgan aspires to that, yes.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

AndyJS said:

There was a guy wearing a Remain t-shirt and carrying a giant eraser in Havering...
    Paddling along the A13 in a canoe
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,661
    AndyJS said:

YouGov final:

Remain 52%
    Leave 48%

That's too close for comfort.
  • Options

You gov 52/48

YouGov will have picked up a lot of postal voters, it's not done by people outside polling stations
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133

I am sticking with Sky coverage this evening. Much prefer it to the BBC.

Me too - for the first time. Planning on staying up till about 2am, by when we should know if we'll know soon or not.
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,943

NOT AN EXIT POLL

I was included in this - emailed yesterday to say I would be sent another email today and I was only to complete it once I had voted (or definitely decided not to vote). I assume that are cross-referencing what their panel members said they would do with what they actually did do.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    What's the effing point of local recounts and no provision for a national one? Are the EC short of logicians?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

You gov 52/48

This is just another poll, right? Seems more significant as its been withheld until after polls have closed - but no more or less reliable than the ones we already have, right?
  • Options
    No one needs telling how much I do not bloody love IDS.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

BF reacts, mentally...

What's your prediction Rod? You're usually better than most.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,348
    Why does Britain Elects give a turnout figure for Gibraltar at 2015 GE?

Surely Gibraltar doesn't take part in a GE?
  • Options

What's the effing point of local recounts and no provision for a national one? Are the EC short of logicians?

Could the Supreme Court order a full recount, I wonder?
  • Options
    Lowlander said:

Farage is being a party pooper. He could have at least kept his troops going through the night (and the betting markets said he slightly selfishly)
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,975
    OllyT said:

So it seems everyone thinks Remain have this?

Probably true. But still 30 mins of voting left.

For what it's worth I really don't feel that confident as a Remainer, could still go either way. The polls have been all over the place and could be totally wrong, not sure what else is driving the optimism.

Might be last minute swing back but no real evidence, though my wife, having said she was voting Leave right the way through said she voted Remain in the end. I do expect last minute switches will mainly have been in the Leave-Remain direction, but really who knows. we are all grasping at the straws that give us the most comfort.
    Yougov was one of the more pessimistic pollsters POV Remain. The fact they don't downgrade Remain further makes me fairly confident of a Remain win.
  • Options
    alex. said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

NOT AN EXIT POLL

Scotland must be much easier to poll. Smaller, probably more homogenous.

Still a country of 5 million people and in a vote with just 2 sides easier to poll than an election with 4 or 5 significant parties
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,062
    ids on bbc, time for itv
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,099
    One Tory followed by another Tory..............
  • Options
    Charles said:

Charles I was a rude git earlier on. No change there, but uncalled for.

I disagreed with the premise of your post but there was no need to be a git.

Apologies.
  • Options
    Local TO is also very good so not sure what TO is projected but locally (dover) we are well ahead of GE turnout by some distance
  • Options
    I'm seeing 83.7% estimated turnout
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 21,023
    rcs1000 said:

You gov 52/48

YouGov will have picked up a lot of postal voters, it's not done by people outside polling stations
    As I mentioned earlier this evening I saw someone from YouGov interviewing voters outside a polling station. For a private client?
  • Options
    OUTOUT Posts: 569
    Just a nibble at 14.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

rcs1000 said:

You gov 52/48

This is just another poll, right? Seems more significant as its been withheld until after polls have closed - but no more or less reliable than the ones we already have, right?
    Yes. I suppose that it eliminates certainty to vote as a factor, provided people are honest. Of course, they won't all be honest.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

I'm short turnout...
    Yes - but this is interesting because it is a remain heartland (well a heart valve land maybe)
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,684
    Pound at 1.50 for dollar
  • Options
    edited June 2016

rcs1000 said:

AndyJS said:

Paddling along the A13 in a canoe
    ☺☺☺

• Options
    the fact bet fair has reacted like that to the yougov poll tells you how much danger there is believing it to be infallible. that yougov is too close to call
  • Options

AndyJS said:

YouGov final:

Remain 52%
    Leave 48%

That's too close for comfort.
    Why is Farage conceding so early on?
  • Options
    OUTOUT Posts: 569

Pound at 1.50 for dollar

Soros quids in again.
  • Options
    Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

I'm short turnout...
    Yes - but this is interesting because it is a remain heartland (well a heart valve land maybe)
    Gibraltar is sui generis I think.
  • Options

One Tory followed by another Tory..............

cue Harry Hill.....
  • Options
    tyson said:

Lowlander said:

Farage is being a party pooper. He could have at least kept his troops going through the night (and the betting markets said he slightly selfishly)
    Maybe he has just gone and put a large amount of money on leave at 15-1.

:D
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,684
    Farage just doing it for headlines and to put vote leave on the back foot
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    MikeL said:

Why does Britain Elects give a turnout figure for Gibraltar at 2015 GE?

Surely Gibraltar doesn't take part in a GE?

Mistake for the last Euro elections?
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

Bloody hell.
  • Options
    I wish I had Robert's confidence with betting - 16 was so bloody obviously a buy but I can't seem to go more than 3 figures!
  • Options
    William_HWilliam_H Posts: 346
    IanB2 said:

rcs1000 said:

You gov 52/48

Well, its got a big sample size. And it probably suggests there's no big late swing. But its still subject to whatever methodological bias the other Yougov polls might have
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Charles said:

Charles I was a rude git earlier on. No change there, but uncalled for.

I disagreed with the premise of your post but there was no need to be a git.

Apologies.
    Thank you
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    RodCrosby said:

Gibraltar?
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

RodCrosby said:

Bloody hell.
    Sky: bottom right
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    I've taken the 2/1 on under 75% turnout on betfair.

maybe i'm a fool?

hoo nose?

This discussion has been closed.