Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Many congratulations to those who called it right

Comments

• Options
    kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456
    that guy in scotland that placed £30000 on tory OM must be happy, what odds did he get?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,187
    Emily Maitliss has spent the past 11 hours standing in front of the cameras looking as if she wants to sob uncontrollably....
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,978
    Is Ken Livingstone feeling OK? Sounds utterly deluded on LBC right now.
  • Options
    StickytrollStickytroll Posts: 30
    kjohnw said:

that guy in scotland that placed £30000 on tory OM must be happy, what odds did he get?

7-1

• Options
    Life_ina_market_townLife_ina_market_town Posts: 2,319
    edited May 2015
    rcs1000 said:

Although it will seriously discourage defections.

Indeed. The Conservatives have won a brilliant victory. However, the first session of Parliament must see the passage of a bill providing for a referendum on Europe and a constitutional bill on Scotland. With the Conservatives' perilously small majority, passing one will be an uphill struggle. Passing two will require serious commitment.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,154
    rcs1000 said:

Gutted to see Huppert fail in Cambridge

Agreed.

Many good LibDems have been destroyed by Clegg's ambition.

Yet Clegg survives and will get himself some big job elsewhere.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,688
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Whichever way you look at it, 12.5% and one seat (maybe two), is a shocking way to run politics.

And @TSE you know what that means for the next thread topic...
    Maybe Sunday.

I'm now off to bed.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,019
    AndyJS said:

Chris Williamson defeated in Derby North by 41 votes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/E14000662

Another step closer to the absolute majority.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    Watching Look North it's interesting the divergence - Labour increased their majority in Stockton North, Tories increased their majority in Stockton South
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,519

TOPPING said:

Whichever way you look at it, 12.5% and one seat (maybe two), is a shocking way to run politics.

No its not. In other words an average of 87.5% did not want a UKIP candidate to represent them across the country.

Each constituency got its choice.
    It fails the smell test.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    kjohnw said:

4-1 I think.

Supposedly his son was trying to get the bet voided, claiming his father had dementia. I bet his son will be feeling sick if he succeeded.
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,018

Carswell must be feeling sick today.

Why? This outcome was always to be expected for UKIP.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125
    edited May 2015
    The Labour party is wholly dominated by TUs and is absurdly Londoncentric - it's losing it's connection with its old heartlands.
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    I can't help but wonder if he'll come back to the Tories if he can.

• Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,661
    Lib dem leadership contest could pretty much be decided by drawing straws.

• Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

No its not. In other words an average of 87.5% did not want a UKIP candidate to represent them across the country.

Each constituency got its choice.
    It fails the smell test.
    For you maybe. For me its working as designed.
  • Options
    hucks67hucks67 Posts: 758
    Why does it appear that UKIP affected Labour more than the Tories ? I know that some within UKIP predicted this, but the polls were showing more Tories had switched to UKIP ?

The polling companies will have to think about their methods in finding out exactly what is happening around the country. The Tories spent much more money on campaigning before the election period started. The Lib Dems did not stand a chance, as they had little money. There was obviously a swing to the Tories and not just in the last 24 hours. Why did the polls not pick this up ?
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,027
    Goodnight, as it were, Mr. Eagles. Thanks for all your work overnight.
  • Options
    :naughty:
    TGOHF said:

Can I be the first to throw my weight behind ToriesforBurnham ?

• Options
    Can we get one thing cleared up. The LibDems haven't been punished for being in the Coalition. They have been punished for having no commitment to the Coalition. They tried to be in government and opposition at the same time. They needed to fight their corner, show they believed they wanted to be in government - and constantly fight Labour as being the Irresponsible Left.

Muppets.
  • Options
    FensterFenster Posts: 2,115
    Carswell is going to feel like a plonker when he returns to parliament.

I know he is heavily principled and all that but he caught a bus going in the opposition direction to the zeitgeist.
  • Options
    Plato said:

I don't think he'd be welcome back now. And with a 3k majority the Tories would be very confident of regaining it next time.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,986

Scott_P said:

@paulmasonnews: Whole Labour inner circle knows problem: if New Lab stage coup Unite leaves and you get an English Syriza, possibly with more money than Lab

That pretty much sums it up - though I suspect a centre left party shorn of Unite would attract a fair few hefty donations from sources that currently keep their wallets shut.

Your problem is that Labour is now fully associated with magic money tree spending.

It wont gain extra votes until it loses that association and if it loses that association it will lose the votes who want magic money tree spending.

Of course the Conservatives also believe in magic money tree spending but they're not associated with it - so Conservative magic money tree spending is called 'austerity' or 'sound economic management' etc.

Maybe. I'm not sure magic money trees had much to do with this result. But Labour does have a serious existential problem, I agree.

• Options

kjohnw said:

7-1

Beers on him today, well done!!
    I wonder if he had an insight on some internal polling....
  • Options
    FlightpathlFlightpathl Posts: 1,243
    As someone who clearly has a brain has just said on the BBC news - there needs to be an investigation by the Market Research Society into the opinion pollsters.

Someone clearly without a brain is the aptly named Mr Reckless. He jumped a ship which was not sinking and onto one which was on fire.
    I do not see Carswell staying in UKIP if Farage resigns and UKIP swing behind its current deputy leader and all the others of his ilk.
  • Options
    Incidentally, the Tories will struggle to repeal the Human Rights Act 1998. A number of their backbenchers are strongly opposed led by the former Attorney General. They will have to get DUP support for reform.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,850
    TGOHF said:

Did any of Labour's 2010 retreads win?

Cambridge :(
    Margaret Hodge.

• Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    Patrick said:

Tories nearly 6% ahead now in the national vote share. Pollsters looking very very stupid.

That pro-Labour swing in the opinion polls this week has totally f'cked the polling companies credibility.

I am though a little baffled as to how a level headed man like PtP thought his canvassing experiences in Broxtowe were much better for Labour than those in 2010.
    Wait for some more detail on what happened (especially exit poll detail). It may have just been a swing on the day - you only need 3% of all voters to switch to turn Con 33.5 - Lab 33.5 into Con 36.5 - Lab 30.5.

Anecdotally, we've had Nick Palmer here reporting people who'd said they'd support Lab changing their minds, and Jack Straw was saying something similar on Sky earlier.
    Labour middle-class activists thinking nice WWC people would never lie to them about voting Labour when they were actually supporting UKIP
    Serves them right for demonising anybody who expresses their real view if its different from theirs. I think one big learning emerging from this GE is the whole 'shy Tory / shy Kipper' thing. The 'middle ground' of public discourse is pushed to the left by the BBC, bien-pensant types. It is not actually the middle at all. The pollsters failed to spot this. Maybe they should read PB!
    Yeah, it's all a BBC conspiracy, eh? Is there anything the BBC aren't to blame for?

Like with a lot of things the public are right-wing on some issues (immigration, welfare) and left-wing on others (NHS). Thus, it's called the centre.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @GuidoFawkes: BBC: Miliband to tell staff he's resigning shortly, will do it in public at 12 in speech.

Were you up for Ed?

Hell Yes !!!!
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,321
    BBC Licence Fee to be set within the next 12 months!!!!!

Cameron won't scrap it - but he could go for another 5 year freeze - or maybe a notional 1% cut each year?????
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,079

Can we get one thing cleared up. The LibDems haven't been punished for being in the Coalition. They have been punished for having no commitment to the Coalition. They tried to be in government and opposition at the same time. They needed to fight their corner, show they believed they wanted to be in government - and constantly fight Labour as being the Irresponsible Left.

Muppets.

They lost because maybe half of their voters went to Labour or Greens. How exactly would that have been balmed by licking up to the Tories? Isn't that just the kind of advice partisans always give to other parties?
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,942
    Presumably Rupert is now cancelling that ridiculous YouGov tracker poll he's been wasting his money on for the past five years?
  • Options

Muppets.

Exactly. They lost overwhelmingly to the government party - had they been running on a crystal clear government platform that wouldn't have happened.
  • Options
    StickytrollStickytroll Posts: 30
    Who was on here yesterday saying they wished they had 20,000 cash to put on the 'free money' 1.06 NOM?
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,211

As someone who clearly has a brain has just said on the BBC news - there needs to be an investigation by the Market Research Society into the opinion pollsters.

Someone clearly without a brain is the aptly named Mr Reckless. He jumped a ship which was not sinking and onto one which was on fire.
    I do not see Carswell staying in UKIP if Farage resigns and UKIP swing behind its current deputy leader and all the others of his ilk.

I'm shocked at how small Carswell's majority is in Claton. Assumed he's be 20 points clear of the field.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,519
    EdM going
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    Paul Waugh ‏@paulwaugh 20s20 seconds ago
    Miliband to make his announcement at 12 noon. Looks like a resignation announcement
  • Options
    CON HOLD BEDFORD!!
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,688
    Con HOLD BEDFORD
  • Options
    macisbackmacisback Posts: 382
    A great night politically there may never be one as good ever again, especially as it was so unexpected. However I always backed the Tories to do well in my area the East Midlands, Williamson losing my seat Derby North put the cream, icing, cherries the lot on a fine cake.

We have lost politicians I admire from all sides Ed Balls, Hughesy, Danny and Esther hopefully they can all get back at some stage.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,048
    Plato said:

I am not sure that is the case. He has long argued for electoral reform (though I happen to disagree with him even after last night) and he now finds himself as a perfect example of what he feels is wrong with the system. UKIP and the Greens between them end up with almost a fifth of the vote and with 2 seats.

Now as I say I don't agree with him on moving to PR but in his mind this will be a perfect example of why it is needed.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,022
    dr_spyn said:

Miliband to make his announcement at 12 noon. Looks like a resignation announcement

I should go to bed, but I don't want to!!

Good news from Bedford :D
  • Options
    Con hold Bedford
  • Options
    BEDFORD for the CONs
  • Options
    Con hold Crewe
  • Options
    Con hold Bedford and Crewe.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,713
    Miliband to resign... as expected.
  • Options
    RobD said:

dr_spyn said:

Stay up for Farage!
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Gutted to see Huppert fail in Cambridge

Agreed.

Many good LibDems have been destroyed by Clegg's ambition.

Yet Clegg survives and will get himself some big job elsewhere.
    If you want to keep believing that delusion then good luck to you.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

RobD said:

dr_spyn said:

Stay up for Farage!
    Argh!
  • Options

Patrick said:

Tories nearly 6% ahead now in the national vote share. Pollsters looking very very stupid.

That pro-Labour swing in the opinion polls this week has totally f'cked the polling companies credibility.

I am though a little baffled as to how a level headed man like PtP thought his canvassing experiences in Broxtowe were much better for Labour than those in 2010.
    Wait for some more detail on what happened (especially exit poll detail). It may have just been a swing on the day - you only need 3% of all voters to switch to turn Con 33.5 - Lab 33.5 into Con 36.5 - Lab 30.5.

Anecdotally, we've had Nick Palmer here reporting people who'd said they'd support Lab changing their minds, and Jack Straw was saying something similar on Sky earlier.
    Labour middle-class activists thinking nice WWC people would never lie to them about voting Labour when they were actually supporting UKIP
    Serves them right for demonising anybody who expresses their real view if its different from theirs. I think one big learning emerging from this GE is the whole 'shy Tory / shy Kipper' thing. The 'middle ground' of public discourse is pushed to the left by the BBC, bien-pensant types. It is not actually the middle at all. The pollsters failed to spot this. Maybe they should read PB!
    Yeah, it's all a BBC conspiracy, eh? Is there anything the BBC aren't to blame for?

Like with a lot of things the public are right-wing on some issues (immigration, welfare) and left-wing on others (NHS). Thus, it's called the centre.
    Not a BBC conspiracy. Just the ignorance of Labour middle class types who think they know best.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913

Muppets.

Exactly. They lost overwhelmingly to the government party - had they been running on a crystal clear government platform that wouldn't have happened.
    I think getting elected on a mandate to do X and doing the exact polar opposite in govt was a stretch too far. That's what differentiated them from the Tories in govt. The Tories by and large did what they were expected to do.
  • Options
    Con hold Crewe
  • Options
    FalseFlagFalseFlag Posts: 1,801
    Always a good chance Labour would struggle to get over 30%. Those last couple of polls showing a bizarre last minute swing to Labour seem even more bizarre now. The pollsters should have listened to me and weighted Labour down due to the crackdown on electoral fraud.

Good night for UKIP, by elections and the next general will see them pick up more seats, the system works fine. The fact it was a tight election set them back.

The economy won it, just rewards after the careful stewardship so far. Apt Balls should have been made redundant.
  • Options
    CONS HOLD Crewe & Nantwich too - LOL
  • Options
    PurseybearPurseybear Posts: 766

Con hold Bedford and Crewe.

Brilliant. Edging closer.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,211

Plato said:

I am not sure that is the case. He has long argued for electoral reform (though I happen to disagree with him even after last night) and he now finds himself as a perfect example of what he feels is wrong with the system. UKIP and the Greens between them end up with almost a fifth of the vote and with 2 seats.

Now as I say I don't agree with him on moving to PR but in his mind this will be a perfect example of why it is needed.
    The move to 600 seats will make the system even less proportional, of course.
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 926
    So will Salmond now be given a question at PMQs as third largest party?
  • Options
    Fenster said:

Carswell is going to feel like a plonker when he returns to parliament.

I know he is heavily principled and all that but he caught a bus going in the opposition direction to the zeitgeist.

Sitting on the opposition benches with the SNP..... That is going to be soul-destroying. But I suspect he will very largely vote with the Government. He should swallow his pride and ask to come back to the Tories. He would still have a role as a thinker.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,911
    Well what a night.

Very disappointed of course.

Congratulations to the small number on here especially JackW who called it right.

Hope most people had a profitable betting evening.

I blew nearly all my EICIPM ((which turned out to mean Eds Idiotic Cameron Is PM!!) profits and finished just £35 up.

Except i owe the site £50 by the looks of it due to my Tissue Price bet LAB vote share being under 32.5% can someone PM me how i pay this please.

Lets see how the next 5 years turn out.

Lunch on TSE next week!!!
  • Options
    hucks67hucks67 Posts: 758
    felix said:

The Labour party is wholly dominated by TUs and is absurdly Londoncentric - it's losing it's connection with its old heartlands.

I agree with that. I thought that Ed Miliband was far too cautious. He was trying not to frighten middle England, but then did not encourage Labours traditional supporters to go out to vote. Also in hindsight Labour not offering an EU referendum was a mistake, as Labour lost votes to UKIP.

The trouble for Labour is whether they can raise enough funding without the Unions. They will need a new leader who concentrates on building up membership and activist numbers. For Labour to win in 2020, they will need to win large numbers of council seats around the country, as they will form the teams that campaign at elections.
  • Options
    ProdicusProdicus Posts: 658
    The Scottish cataclysm is entirely of Labour's own making. Gordon Brown started it with what he thought was a clever wheeze, and today his own former constituency, deliciously, has been stolen from under his nose..

His entitled pals lording (lairding?) it around rosette-on-a-pig-country aka Scotland's central belt... 'We own these votes'... were typified by the appalling Gorbals Mick and the Scottish party machine which had abused the Scottish electorate for generations. Their contempt for the people whom they so loudly and piously claimed to represent was disgusting. They were not the servants of their people. Their electors were their prisoners, their serfs, calculatedly mired for ever in dirigiste statism and welfare dependency for the convenience of the fanatical quasi Marxist and certainly statist Brown and his political kin. They deserve everything with which the Scottish people are rewarding them today. The Scots should never go back to what they have thrown off.

Any 'blame' attributed to anyone but Labour is ludicrous.

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Tories hold Bedford and Crewe & Nantwich.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,844

Scott_P said:

@paulmasonnews: Whole Labour inner circle knows problem: if New Lab stage coup Unite leaves and you get an English Syriza, possibly with more money than Lab

That pretty much sums it up - though I suspect a centre left party shorn of Unite would attract a fair few hefty donations from sources that currently keep their wallets shut.

Your problem is that Labour is now fully associated with magic money tree spending.

It wont gain extra votes until it loses that association and if it loses that association it will lose the votes who want magic money tree spending.

Of course the Conservatives also believe in magic money tree spending but they're not associated with it - so Conservative magic money tree spending is called 'austerity' or 'sound economic management' etc.

Maybe. I'm not sure magic money trees had much to do with this result. But Labour does have a serious existential problem, I agree.

I think the reaction of the audience at BBC Leaders QT was telling when Miliband was asked if labour spent too much and said 'no' - a sharp intake of breath combined with a low groan - the British are fair and are prepared to give those who recognise their mistakes a second chance - until Labour do, they won't.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,027
    Mr. 09, prior to 2010, the Lib Dems got two every PMQs as a matter of course.
  • Options

Let me just leave this gem here:

EICIPM :-)

• Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    edited May 2015
    Plato said:

Good man is Timpson !
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Muppets.

I think getting elected on a mandate to do X and doing the exact polar opposite in govt was a stretch too far. That's what differentiated them from the Tories in govt. The Tories by and large did what they were expected to do.
    The Lib Dems took a hit on doing the polar opposite on tuition fees, yes. But they've gone much further down since that initial hit. Even 4.5 years ago the idea of 8 Lib Dems would have been considered fanciful.
  • Options

Patrick said:

Not a BBC conspiracy. Just the ignorance of Labour middle class types who think they know best.
    How about the idea that neither Labour middle class types nor Kipper WWC know best - that they both have fairly simplistic views of the world that don't acknowledge shades of grey?
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,713
    another winner out of this is of course Murdoch and the Sun. picking the winners again,.
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108

Incidentally, the Tories will struggle to repeal the Human Rights Act 1998. A number of their backbenchers are strongly opposed led by the former Attorney General. They will have to get DUP support for reform.

It would be utterly moronic to repeal the HRA. No-one will support it except kippers and idiotic Tories, So that's Carswell.
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850

Scott_P said:

I think the reaction of the audience at BBC Leaders QT was telling when Miliband was asked if labour spent too much and said 'no' - a sharp intake of breath combined with a low groan - the British are fair and are prepared to give those who recognise their mistakes a second chance - until Labour do, they won't.
    I thought that would turn out to be a massive moment in the campaign. As it was, it seemed to barely register, but today's result suggests otherwise...
  • Options
    RobD said:

Let me just leave this gem here:

EICIPM :-)

I think the P stood for "parting", M stood for "midday".
  • Options
    ProdicusProdicus Posts: 658
    TGOHF said:

Cambridge :
    Huppert went from 19621 vote to 18047
    Labour went from 12829 to 18646

Cambridge is a Labour city which lent its votes to Cleggmania. The native have returned home.

• Options
    EICINELOTO

Ed Is Crap Is Not Even Leader Of The Opposition
  • Options
    PurseybearPurseybear Posts: 766
    Quick post re. comparisons to 1992-7. You have to remember that came at the fag-end of a 11 year rule and the Conservatives were in internal warfare over the deposition of Margaret Thatcher. In addition the ERM fiasco so early on derailed them for the remainder of the parliament.

I think Cameron will have a very different experience with a lot more self-discipline based on a desire to win next time. Also don't forget that 230 Lab + 55 SNP is a very different opposition from 285 Lab. Quite apart from anything else SNP MP's will not attend and vote at Westminster the whole time.
  • Options

another winner out of this is of course Murdoch and the Sun. picking the winners again,.

North and South of the border
  • Options
    Definite air of gloom on Hampstead Heath this morning.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Muppets.

The Lib Dems took a hit on doing the polar opposite on tuition fees, yes. But they've gone much further down since that initial hit. Even 4.5 years ago the idea of 8 Lib Dems would have been considered fanciful.
    4.5 days ago
  • Options
    Plato said:

There is a certain satisfying symmetry to the Tories holding Bedford and the LibDems losing Twickenham - OGH was stuffed, vote-swap or not.....
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    The end of the Miliband era..thank f^ck..
  • Options
    Dair said:

It would be utterly moronic to repeal the HRA. No-one will support it except kippers and idiotic Tories, So that's Carswell.

It would be reasonable and sensible to repeal the 1998 Act. It has given far too much power to judges. The problem is that the Tories intend to replace it with something equally bad.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Muppets.

Should have got rid of Clegg. Utterly toxic. Cable lost his seat because he didn't challenge him.
  • Options
    FalseFlagFalseFlag Posts: 1,801

Plato said:

Peter Hitchens wrote an eloquent defence of FPTP, which I agree with. A PR elected second chamber makes sense though.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Quick post re. comparisons to 1992-7. You have to remember that came at the fag-end of a 11 year rule and the Conservatives were in internal warfare over the deposition of Margaret Thatcher. In addition the ERM fiasco so early on derailed them for the remainder of the parliament.

I think Cameron will have a very different experience with a lot more self-discipline based on a desire to win next time. Also don't forget that 230 Lab + 55 SNP is a very different opposition from 285 Lab. Quite apart from anything else SNP MP's will not attend and vote at Westminster the whole time.

But they've got literally one thing to fight for together. What manifesto did they run on? Out of Europe referendum, and... ? ? ? ? This gap weakens Cameron's authority to tell them to do anything.
  • Options
    NHS?
    Whilst everyone has been talking about the election may 89 year old relative was having 2 consultations in the same day (yesterday) for two different conditions and a is currently today getting a treatment to remove a suspected skin cancer 'mole'. Thats the day after the consultation.
    Not the sort of tory NHS that the odious Coogan pretends.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,911

EICINELOTO

Thank God
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,070
    Tom Brake struggling to explain things on the local news. Talks about the rise of nationalism mentioning the SNP and Ukip. No mention of the Tories appeal to the English with scares about the SNP. The coalition is over, when are the Lib Dems going to take the gloves off and start bashing the Tories. If they want to be Tory-lite then they can satisfy themselves with where they are.
  • Options

The end of the Miliband era..thank f^ck..

Destroyed his brother's career and split the family; for nothing.

He even had to get married. Unlucky...
  • Options
    Con still +21

Any more Con seats at risk? Warwick only I think? And that looks unlikely.

Excellent chance of 331 if they get the 3 last LD seats.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,157
    rcs1000 said:

I'm shocked at how small Carswell's majority is in Claton. Assumed he's be 20 points clear of the field.
    Also suggests the late swing to Con (assuming that's what happened) wasn't particularly tactical.
  • Options
    If you look at Labour's London success, it is actually only a North London success - South of the river bar Bermondsey, the Conservatives had the better night.
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    Labour line now could be.....

"Only 5 years to save the NHS"

Oh ?
  • Options

Con HOLD BEDFORD

Poor old OGH

It really has been a shocking night for him :)
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

EICINELOTO

Thank God
    Will there me modifications to the BJESUS methodology for 2020 ?
  • Options
    EPG said:

But they've got literally one thing to fight for together. What manifesto did they run on? Out of Europe referendum, and... ? ? ? ? This gap weakens Cameron's authority to tell them to do anything.
    Exactly. There are three things which are significant obstacles for the Tories; EU ref, austerity impact, and Scotland. On top of that, if Cameron goes after 2017 it will feel like the end of an era and the 'fag-end' of a government.
  • Options
    22 seats left to declare. Apart from Thanet South - what's left?
  • Options
    TCPoliticalBettingTCPoliticalBetting Posts: 10,819
    edited May 2015

They stood on one manifesto. Voting against a 3 line whip will finish their careers. Soubry?
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,448
    marke09 said:

So will Salmond now be given a question at PMQs as third largest party?

He should get two, as Clegg did pre-2010. The Lib Dems, by contrast, won't get any as of right. Indeed, they may shortly become close to invisible. I would not be at all surprised if they lost major party status off the back of this.
This discussion has been closed.