Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Many congratulations to those who called it right

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    edited May 2015

Con HOLD BEDFORD

Poor old OGH

It really has been a shocking night for him :)
    Wasn't rewarded for his subversion of democracy. Good. :D
  • Options
    PurseybearPurseybear Posts: 766
    Re. that QT audience what was such a killer is that it was ordinary northerners ripping Miliband apart over that issue. It was probably the defining moment of the campaign because it wasn't coming from the posh boys, it was coming from 'people like us.'
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Scott_P said:

@GuidoFawkes: BBC: Miliband to tell staff he's resigning shortly, will do it in public at 12 in speech.

Were you up for Ed?

Hell Yes !!!!

It is now clear why there was a space at the bottom of the Ed Stone. A monumental mason is currently chiseling

"Well, he tried..."
  • Options
    BannedInParisBannedInParis Posts: 2,191
    FalseFlag said:

Always a good chance Labour would struggle to get over 30%. Those last couple of polls showing a bizarre last minute swing to Labour seem even more bizarre now. The pollsters should have listened to me and weighted Labour down due to the crackdown on electoral fraud.

Good night for UKIP, by elections and the next general will see them pick up more seats, the system works fine. The fact it was a tight election set them back.

The economy won it, just rewards after the careful stewardship so far. Apt Balls should have been made redundant.

Something went really wrong there. The herding was a massive indicator.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

EPG said:

Quick post re. comparisons to 1992-7. You have to remember that came at the fag-end of a 11 year rule and the Conservatives were in internal warfare over the deposition of Margaret Thatcher. In addition the ERM fiasco so early on derailed them for the remainder of the parliament.

I think Cameron will have a very different experience with a lot more self-discipline based on a desire to win next time. Also don't forget that 230 Lab + 55 SNP is a very different opposition from 285 Lab. Quite apart from anything else SNP MP's will not attend and vote at Westminster the whole time.

But they've got literally one thing to fight for together. What manifesto did they run on? Out of Europe referendum, and... ? ? ? ? This gap weakens Cameron's authority to tell them to do anything.
    Exactly. There are three things which are significant obstacles for the Tories; EU ref, austerity impact, and Scotland. On top of that, if Cameron goes after 2017 it will feel like the end of an era and the 'fag-end' of a government.
    Or if Cameron goes after 2017 it feels as a fresher, rejuvenated government.
  • Options
    Tories almost at 11m votes
  • Options

Incidentally, the Tories will struggle to repeal the Human Rights Act 1998. A number of their backbenchers are strongly opposed led by the former Attorney General. They will have to get DUP support for reform.

They stood on one manifesto. Voting against a 3 line whip will finish their careers. Soubry?
    Dominic Grieve, Jesse Norman and Ken Clarke will all vote against repeal.
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    Con Hold Broadland
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,937
    Vince Cable's loser speech was probably the least gracious of those made by high profile losers. He also did least well in hiding his disappointment. The tearful Tory who defeated him looked like she could not believe it.
  • Options
    FinancierFinancier Posts: 3,916
    If/when EdM resigns, they will need a caretaker - Harriet will do - and then pluck someone who was not associated in any way with the 1997-2010 regime - Liz Kendall has the right outlook and an inquiring mind and she would lead the party back towards the centre.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    edited May 2015

"I can't help but think Miliband and Balls refusal to acknowledge the mess they made of the economy has come back to haunt them."

I don't think that was it.

I didn't meet anyone who said they were voting Labour from the beginning of the campaign.

The more I read the polls the more out of touch I thought I was. I assumed there must be vast estates of people I never came into contact with.

It seemed so counter intuitive that people would vote for a pig in a poke when things were rolling along OK. It just isn't the British way. Why the polls didn't pick it up is a mystery.

(My kiss of death; Chuka Ummuna for new Labour leader.)
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    News from North Norfolk ?
  • Options
    ProdicusProdicus Posts: 658
    MikeL said:

Con still +21

Any more Con seats at risk? Warwick only I think? And that looks unlikely.

Excellent chance of 331 if they get the 3 last LD seats.

Big Tory Banner hanging on student accommodation in Leamington. Pretty much sums up Warwick Uni.

— Alan Carr (@NotTheChattyMan) May 8, 2015
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,873
    These Labour politicians saying they will be back do not strike me as confident.

Think serious thinking on the left is required.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    RobD said:

Pah! Major got over 14m in 1992.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

RobD said:

Pah! Major got over 14m in 1992.
    Just wait for 2020 :D
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,035
    Rogue spacecraft burns up on re-entry.

The Labour space agency says that its out-of-control campaign has burnt up as it re-entered the Earth's atmosphere.

Re-entry was over the Highlands, it said, and only a few fragments were expected to hit the Commons.

The leaderless campaign was launched from a stone slab on 28 April, but control was lost soon afterwards.

Labour space agency Hopealllostosmos said: "The BackToKinnock M-27M campaign ceased to exist at 05:04 Miliband time (02:04 GMT) on 8 May 2015. It entered the atmosphere... over the central part of the Highlands."
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @WillHillBet: Next Labour Party Leader http://t.co/DNw3WBnJyf
    7/4 Chuka Umunna
    5/2 Andy Burnham
    3/1 Yvette Cooper
    8/1 Dan Jarvis
    12 David Miliband
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    Plato said:

22 seats left to declare. Apart from Thanet South - what's left?

Wells will be a tory gain.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,822

Vince Cable's loser speech was probably the least gracious of those made by high profile losers. He also did least well in hiding his disappointment. The tearful Tory who defeated him looked like she could not believe it.

I thought Simon Hughes looked dodgy...

• Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    GIN1138 said:

Presumably Rupert is now cancelling that ridiculous YouGov tracker poll he's been wasting his money on for the past five years?

The one which lulled labour into thinking they were safe with ed despite the crapness? Interesting use of "wasting".
  • Options

Plato said:

What about St Ives?
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830

EPG said:

Quick post re. comparisons to 1992-7. You have to remember that came at the fag-end of a 11 year rule and the Conservatives were in internal warfare over the deposition of Margaret Thatcher. In addition the ERM fiasco so early on derailed them for the remainder of the parliament.

I think Cameron will have a very different experience with a lot more self-discipline based on a desire to win next time. Also don't forget that 230 Lab + 55 SNP is a very different opposition from 285 Lab. Quite apart from anything else SNP MP's will not attend and vote at Westminster the whole time.

But they've got literally one thing to fight for together. What manifesto did they run on? Out of Europe referendum, and... ? ? ? ? This gap weakens Cameron's authority to tell them to do anything.
    Exactly. There are three things which are significant obstacles for the Tories; EU ref, austerity impact, and Scotland. On top of that, if Cameron goes after 2017 it will feel like the end of an era and the 'fag-end' of a government.
    Really? Cameron by far is their biggest asset. Boris isn't a sure-fire bet to succeed and the likes of Osborne are walking electoral disasters.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

7/4 Chuka Umunna
    5/2 Andy Burnham
    3/1 Yvette Cooper
    8/1 Dan Jarvis
    12 David Miliband

All disastrous choices
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    Pulpstar said:

Lamb Hung on by 4k
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    BBC stating Tories now need 8 to win an overall majority
  • Options

I agree about Vince. A bad loser underneath his "elderly statesman" veneer. Having spent his time talking about nuking his partners, he got his just deserts for his duplicity and whining.
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

GIN1138 said:

Presumably Rupert is now cancelling that ridiculous YouGov tracker poll he's been wasting his money on for the past five years?

The one which lulled labour into thinking they were safe with ed despite the crapness? Interesting use of "wasting".
    They did keep saying it was a right wing media conspiracy :o
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    17 seats to come:

7 counting this morning: Hexham, Berwick, Blyth Valley, Wansbeck, Warwick, Kenilworth, St Ives.

10 still counting from overnight: Wells, Devon West, Luton North, Luton South, Broadland, Thanet North, Thanet South, Devon Central, Beds NE, Harborough, Cotswolds.
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    My seat stays blue #unsurprisingnews. Broadland con hold
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

Edit - 17 seats still to declare
  • Options
    *claps*

Rogue spacecraft burns up on re-entry.

The Labour space agency says that its out-of-control campaign has burnt up as it re-entered the Earth's atmosphere.

Re-entry was over the Highlands, it said, and only a few fragments were expected to hit the Commons.

The leaderless campaign was launched from a stone slab on 28 April, but control was lost soon afterwards.

Labour space agency Hopealllostosmos said: "The BackToKinnock M-27M campaign ceased to exist at 05:04 Miliband time (02:04 GMT) on 8 May 2015. It entered the atmosphere... over the central part of the Highlands."

• Options
    Financier said:

Scott_P said:

7/4 Chuka Umunna
    5/2 Andy Burnham
    3/1 Yvette Cooper
    8/1 Dan Jarvis
    12 David Miliband

All disastrous choices
    Why would Dan Jarvis or even David Miliband be 'disastrous'?
  • Options
    ProdicusProdicus Posts: 658
    edited May 2015
    Not sure if they really mean 1 am. PM, maybe?

The results for the Warwick @ Leamington and Kenilworth and Southam seats will be announced by 1am today. #GE2015

— Warwick Courier (@Warwick_Courier) May 8, 2015
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869

..... the first session of Parliament must see the passage of a bill providing for a referendum on Europe and a constitutional bill on Scotland. With the Conservatives' perilously small majority, passing one will be an uphill struggle. Passing two will require serious commitment.

Yes. But what happens to the attempts to pass those bills will be much clearer to the electorate now. As long as the Conservatives bring forward the bills to which they have committed the electorate will have a clear view of what people/parties blocked them. As long as the Conservatives themselves vote for the bills, they will be in the clear with the electorate. Won't they?

• Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

EPG said:

Really? Cameron by far is their biggest asset. Boris isn't a sure-fire bet to succeed and the likes of Osborne are walking electoral disasters.
    Well we get to find out now. Doesn't always go so well. Brown, Home, Callaghan and Major were not exactly "fresh" three years in.
  • Options
    currystarcurrystar Posts: 1,171

Con HOLD BEDFORD

Poor old OGH

It really has been a shocking night for him :)
    If he looks back at some of his posts, especially regarding how labour would do much better in the marginals and how polls showing any decent Tory leads were rogues, he will cringe.
  • Options
    DadgeDadge Posts: 2,038
    FalseFlag said:

Plato said:

I can't help but wonder if he'll come back to the Tories if he can.

Carswell must be feeling sick today.

I am not sure that is the case. He has long argued for electoral reform (though I happen to disagree with him even after last night) and he now finds himself as a perfect example of what he feels is wrong with the system. UKIP and the Greens between them end up with almost a fifth of the vote and with 2 seats.

Now as I say I don't agree with him on moving to PR but in his mind this will be a perfect example of why it is needed.
    Peter Hitchens wrote an eloquent defence of FPTP, which I agree with. A PR elected second chamber makes sense though.
    Don't be ridiculous. I often hear daft apologists for FPTP say this, but there's no way you can have a second chamber that's more democratically legitimate than the main chamber. Second chambers are usually non-proportional on purpose to ensure no-one questions the legitimacy of the main chamber.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,035
    Oh, fantabulous day!

Balls losing: Yay!
    Reckless losing: Yay!
    Nick losing: Yay!

I wonder how much Nick would have lost by if Soubry hadn't given up? The lady must have been in cruise control. ;-)

My concern about the pollsters seems to have been proved right. We're going to have to see some massive changes, but I cannot really see how they can improve things.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,047
    Roger - things are not rolling along okay. GDP per capita is below where it was in 2008. The current account deficit is at record levels. We are as a country borrowing more money from the rest of the world than ever. Osborne failed on his borrowing targets and failed on rebalancing the economy. Maybe Labour didn't think the public would listen to that message or they were afraid of getting their own record thrown back at them.
  • Options
    FensterFenster Posts: 2,115
    Financier said:

Scott_P said:

7/4 Chuka Umunna
    5/2 Andy Burnham
    3/1 Yvette Cooper
    8/1 Dan Jarvis
    12 David Miliband

All disastrous choices
    Yvette Cooper and Dan Jarvis would both be excellent choices.

• Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,873
    TGOHF said:

EICINELOTO

Ed Is Crap Is Not Even Leader Of The Opposition

Thank God
    Will there me modifications to the BJESUS methodology for 2020 ?
    No more of that Crap from me.

I am off to enjoy my retirement and will be interested to see how the next 5 years pan out.
  • Options
    MARTIN !!

@PickardJE: Andrew Rawnsley: "The Lib Dem MPs will all fit in one taxi."
  • Options
    Fenster said:

Financier said:

Scott_P said:

7/4 Chuka Umunna
    5/2 Andy Burnham
    3/1 Yvette Cooper
    8/1 Dan Jarvis
    12 David Miliband

All disastrous choices
    Yvette Cooper and Dan Jarvis would both be excellent choices.

Why?
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

EPG said:

Well we get to find out now. Doesn't always go so well. Brown, Home, Callaghan and Major were not exactly "fresh" three years in.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Have You Gov polled Len McClusky ?
  • Options
    Conservatives hold Bedfordshire NE.
  • Options
    Roger said:

"I can't help but think Miliband and Balls refusal to acknowledge the mess they made of the economy has come back to haunt them."

I don't think that was it.

I didn't meet anyone who said they were voting Labour from the beginning of the campaign.

The more I read the polls the more out of touch I thought I was. I assumed there must be vast estates of people I never came into contact with.

It seemed so counter intuitive that people would vote for a pig in a poke when things were rolling along OK. It just isn't the British way. Why the polls didn't pick it up is a mystery.

(My kiss of death; Chuka Ummuna for new Labour leader.)

Sorry about A erdeen south. EDI S HELD UP tho !
  • Options
    BBC learns David Milliband is expected to step down as Labour leader....

• Options
    AndyJS said:

17 seats to come:

7 counting this morning: Hexham, Berwick, Blyth Valley, Wansbeck, Warwick, Kenilworth, St Ives.

10 still counting from overnight: Wells, Devon West, Luton North, Luton South, Broadland, Thanet North, Thanet South, Devon Central, Beds NE, Harborough, Cotswolds.

Wouldn't it be delicious if Farage lost to give the Cons 326?!
  • Options
    As an exercise in destructive futility Ed's leadership of the Labour party will take some beating.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Con hold Bed'shire NE 315 vs227
  • Options

AndyJS said:

17 seats to come:

Wouldn't it be delicious if Farage lost to give the Cons 326?!
    That'd be worth the wait!
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Lamb Hung on by 4k
    I think he is high quality Norman Lamb. The Lib Dems could coalesce around him and try to make a comeback fighting in by-elections.

I still believe the Lib Dems will bounce back from this.

• Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419

EPG said:

Three to four years is a long time for someone else to emerge. People like Major, Blair or Cameron (or Miliband or IDS for less successful ones) were a long way below the radar that length of time before they became leader of their party.
  • Options
    @annemcelvoy: Well it's another walk of shame for Labour and the soul searching will be bitter

@jennirsl: Remember - all party leaders; Cameron, Miliband, Clegg, Sturgeon, meet for VE day remembrance service this pm. Excruciating. #GE2015
  • Options
    Congratulations to isam winner of our LDs vs Kipper bet - send me your bank details.

Mike K - I'm afraid I will have to collect on our Kipper < 17% wager..
  • Options
    Prodicus said:

The results for the Warwick @ Leamington and Kenilworth and Southam seats will be announced by 1am today. #GE2015

Piss easy Tory holds
  • Options

Plato said:

Nailed on.
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    Moses_ said:

David?
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    Just think, we'll only have a few more hours to say

Ed is Crap
    and
    Ed will never be Prime Minister.
  • Options
    NoEasyDayNoEasyDay Posts: 454

I agree about Vince. A bad loser underneath his "elderly statesman" veneer. Having spent his time talking about nuking his partners, he got his just deserts for his duplicity and whining.

Just got up logged on. It just keeps getting better that pernicious anti business old git has gone too. Southam I love you !!!!
    Can the day get better ?
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    The extra 12-13 seats the Tories got over the exit poll are vital. Having to do a confidence and supply with the DUP would have been electorally unpopular.

The Conservative backbenchers are now the most powerful politicians in Britain and Cameron won't be able to use the Lib Dems as an excuse to not implement traditional Tory policies. There will be a gap there for Labour to fill in the middle ground as the Tories go right.
  • Options
    GeoffHGeoffH Posts: 56
    edited May 2015

Oh, fantabulous day!

My concern about the pollsters seems to have been proved right. We're going to have to see some massive changes, but I cannot really see how they can improve things.

One thing they must do is stop doing polls on a daily basis. Once a week for each of the companies is enough.

If - as they were - inaccurate on vote shares, then publishing daily polls is an attempt by the polls themselves and not those seeking election to set the mood music, to set the narrative. And that is wrong.
  • Options

Ed is Crap
    and

:(
  • Options
    Dadge said:

FalseFlag said:

Plato said:

I can't help but wonder if he'll come back to the Tories if he can.

Carswell must be feeling sick today.

I am not sure that is the case. He has long argued for electoral reform (though I happen to disagree with him even after last night) and he now finds himself as a perfect example of what he feels is wrong with the system. UKIP and the Greens between them end up with almost a fifth of the vote and with 2 seats.

Now as I say I don't agree with him on moving to PR but in his mind this will be a perfect example of why it is needed.
    Peter Hitchens wrote an eloquent defence of FPTP, which I agree with. A PR elected second chamber makes sense though.
    Don't be ridiculous. I often hear daft apologists for FPTP say this, but there's no way you can have a second chamber that's more democratically legitimate than the main chamber. Second chambers are usually non-proportional on purpose to ensure no-one questions the legitimacy of the main chamber.
    Nonsense, look at Australia.

• Options
    Scott_P said:

@annemcelvoy: Well it's another walk of shame for Labour and the soul searching will be bitter

@jennirsl: Remember - all party leaders; Cameron, Miliband, Clegg, Sturgeon, meet for VE day remembrance service this pm. Excruciating. #GE2015

It may be that Clegg will no longer be Deputy Prime Minister, and that Harman will be Leader of HM Loyal Opposition by this afternoon.
  • Options
    Tory majority is a certainty now. Enough safe seats to take them over the line.

Cotswolds, Devon Central, Broadland, Harborough, Hexham, Kenilworth, Devon West.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,898
    FTSE up 1.6%, 7000
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

LOL
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,013
    AnneJGP said:

..... the first session of Parliament must see the passage of a bill providing for a referendum on Europe and a constitutional bill on Scotland. With the Conservatives' perilously small majority, passing one will be an uphill struggle. Passing two will require serious commitment.

Yes. But what happens to the attempts to pass those bills will be much clearer to the electorate now. As long as the Conservatives bring forward the bills to which they have committed the electorate will have a clear view of what people/parties blocked them. As long as the Conservatives themselves vote for the bills, they will be in the clear with the electorate. Won't they?

Do the public know what the Conservative policy on Scotland is?

Does David Cameron?
  • Options

Cable personifies what went wrong with the Lib Dems. Rather than bargain hard then stick to the deal, they consistently rolled over and then tried to distance themselves, with the result that they looked neither capable or trustworthy.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

MARTIN !!

How many are there
  • Options
    Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond Posts: 1,939
    Moses_ said:

Epochal if that happens. They can then pass EVEL and remove Scotch votes from Westminster, leaving Cameron with 325-odd seats not of 650 but of 591. And then he can do what he likes.
  • Options
    GeoffH said:

Oh, fantabulous day!

One thing they must do is stop doing polls on a daily basis. Once a week for each of the companies is enough.

If - as they were - inaccurate on vote shares, then publishing daily polls is an attempt by the polls themselves and not those seeking election to set the mood music, to set the narrative. And that is wrong.
    They seem to be asking the wrong mix of people.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    Fenster said:

Pulpstar said:

Lamb Hung on by 4k
    I think he is high quality Norman Lamb. The Lib Dems could coalesce around him and try to make a comeback fighting in by-elections.

I agree with that. Lamb is the right person not Farron.

• Options

As an exercise in destructive futility Ed's leadership of the Labour party will take some beating.

Andy Burnham could give it a good go

ToriesForBurnham
  • Options
    Carmichael, Farron Clegg Lamb Brake ?
  • Options

EPG said:

Three to four years is a long time for someone else to emerge. People like Major, Blair or Cameron (or Miliband or IDS for less successful ones) were a long way below the radar that length of time before they became leader of their party.
    Hardly, for example Blair and Brown were cited as future leaders before 92.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

ToriesForBurnham
    It's not nice to knock someone when they are down.............. :D
  • Options

Ed is Crap
    and

ABIC
    ABICAWNBPM
  • Options
    Lab on 228 seats at the moment. Around 10.30pm last night Labour were insisting they could still form a government on this

Oh?....wait a minute ......everyone back on the battle bus.
  • Options

I'm shocked at how badly Labour did.

They seem to have lost the aspirational voters. They piled up votes in shitholes and communities with large Asian majorities but struggled everywhere else. They've even performed without enthusiasm in their strongholds in Wales.

I know those on the left of the party don't want to hear it but they need to tap into Blair and find out how he won so many seats in better-off areas.

• Options

Fenster said:

Pulpstar said:

Lamb Hung on by 4k

Farron will hose up
  • Options
    I hope the new administration scraps postal voting ASAP (or at least restores the old system).
  • Options
    Labour's final seat total will be 232 (99% certain).
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Pulpstar said:

Scott_P said:

MARTIN !!

How many are there
  • Options

Fenster said:

Pulpstar said:

Lamb Hung on by 4k

Can Lamb mend bridges with Labour and Labour voters? Because that is what they need to happen.
  • Options
    Prodicus said:

For some reason we only start counting in the morning. Both will be very easy Tory holds.

• Options
    Time to reinvest some winnings?

@bbclaurak: Judicious silence from potential Lab candidates on Twitter this morning - source tells me Chuka already doing a ring round
  • Options

Cable personifies what went wrong with the Lib Dems. Rather than bargain hard then stick to the deal, they consistently rolled over and then tried to distance themselves, with the result that they looked neither capable or trustworthy.
    Quite. Much better to agree the deal and have everyone stick with it.
  • Options
    Nick Clegg has pretty much destroyed the Lib Dems
  • Options
    If the Tories have any sense, they will repeal the monstrous Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011.
  • Options

Nah. He's not even in the premier league alongside MacDonald and Foot.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,013

This is the Tory analysis. The Lib Dems should have been nicer to the Tories, and let the Tories do more Tory things. But half their 2010 voters, at least, quit for the Greens and Labour, and a few went to Ukip and Conservative. How would being a Tory-enabler have helped that?
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    Winners: Tories, SNP, and JackW who can crow about this forever.

Losers: Lib Dems (ouch!), Labour, pollsters (although Murdoch and Ashcroft might be happy with the effects).

Kudos to Rod Crosby, rcs, Nabavi, and the few others who thought the Tories could do it.

IOS, if your Labour party managers have any sense you will get the boot. You were consistently rude and wrong about the campaign.
  • Options
    GeoffHGeoffH Posts: 56

Fenster said:

Pulpstar said:

Lamb Hung on by 4k

Farron is not the right person for anything political. He is my MP and I constantly feel amazed that fellow voters have failed to see through this lightweight.

His top level is that of the measuring assistant in a Burton Tailoring store.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

ToriesForBurnham
    Tories for Andy "Stafford Hospital" Burnham. Please.
  • Options
    Tories have a good chance of hitting 330 seats.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    Pulpstar

"Sorry about A erdeen south. EDI S HELD UP tho !"

I wrote you a congratulatory note upthread
This discussion has been closed.