Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Many congratulations to those who called it right

Comments

• Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929

Pulpstar said:

Scott_P said:

MARTIN !!

@PickardJE: Andrew Rawnsley: "The Lib Dem MPs will all fit in one taxi."

How many are there
    Oh Who are the others
  • Options
    ProdicusProdicus Posts: 658
    TGOHF said:

Just think, we'll only have a few more hours to say

Ed is Crap
    and
    Ed will never be Prime Minister.

ABIC
    ABICAWNBPM

How quickly they forget...
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969

If the Tories have any sense, they will repeal the monstrous Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011.

Yep. Someone upthread commented that they could circumvent it by voting down their own government (with a simple majority), then voting down the next government which forms (again, with a simple majority). Laughable.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,289
    So, UNBELIEVABLY:

Con was right to oppose AV

and

Con was right to defeat Lords reform

Nobody could ever have dreamt that over the last 3 years!!!!
  • Options
    KingaKinga Posts: 59
    Good start for the new government. They've already created fifty new jobs in Scotland. The SNP should be grateful.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,047

Fenster said:

Pulpstar said:

News from North Norfolk ?

Lamb Hung on by 4k
    I think he is high quality Norman Lamb. The Lib Dems could coalesce around him and try to make a comeback fighting in by-elections.

I still believe the Lib Dems will bounce back from this.

I agree with that. Lamb is the right person not Farron.

Isn't he just continuity coalition though? Just seen Tom Brake blasting the SNP and Ukip for 'nationalism' but letting the Tories off the hook. If they want to be the new government's candid friend they'll go nowhere.
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    Hmnm. On Tuesday of this week I told mr Morris Dancer I thought labour would get 220 or less. Looks like I won't be far wrong. Shorted labour seats in the 260s waiting for the make up.
  • Options
    Send my congratulations to Kevin if you see him btw
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Any idea on ETA of Thanet South result? Or leak as to what the result is?
  • Options
    PurseybearPurseybear Posts: 766
    No god no don't repeal the fixed-term. The last thing he needs is backbench speculators and shenanigans. They will know they get 5 yrs. Period.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,963
    TGOHF said:

GeoffH said:

Oh, fantabulous day!

My concern about the pollsters seems to have been proved right. We're going to have to see some massive changes, but I cannot really see how they can improve things.

One thing they must do is stop doing polls on a daily basis. Once a week for each of the companies is enough.

If - as they were - inaccurate on vote shares, then publishing daily polls is an attempt by the polls themselves and not those seeking election to set the mood music, to set the narrative. And that is wrong.
    They seem to be asking the wrong mix of people.
    What I find interesting about the polls is that they were broadly right on the one thing we all thought they would have the most difficulty with - which was the UKIP vote share. If they had been catastrophically wrong on that and as a result we had the Tory win we have today then perhaps it could have been understandable given the difficulties with a relatively new party with a rapidly rising vote share since the last election.

But since they got UKIP about right then it is strange that they were consequently so rwong about the overall Labour/Tory share.

My view is that UKIP had a far larger impact on the Labour vote than on the Tory vote and this accounts for some of the problems the pollsters had. They got the amount of votes right for UKIP but they got it utterly wrong on where those votes were coming from.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    GeoffH said:

Fenster said:

Pulpstar said:

Lamb Hung on by 4k
    I think he is high quality Norman Lamb. The Lib Dems could coalesce around him and try to make a comeback fighting in by-elections.

Farron is not the right person for anything political. He is my MP and I constantly feel amazed that fellow voters have failed to see through this lightweight.

His top level is that of the measuring assistant in a Burton Tailoring store.
    LD in Brighton will be ecstatic if Farron wins..
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    Pulpstar said:

Scott_P said:

MARTIN !!

@PickardJE: Andrew Rawnsley: "The Lib Dem MPs will all fit in one taxi."

How many are there
    Enough to need one of those family estate cars with 7 passenger seats.
  • Options

Fenster said:

Pulpstar said:

Lamb Hung on by 4k

Farron would be best for the other parties chances.
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830

EPG said:

Quick post re. comparisons to 1992-7. You have to remember that came at the fag-end of a 11 year rule and the Conservatives were in internal warfare over the deposition of Margaret Thatcher. In addition the ERM fiasco so early on derailed them for the remainder of the parliament.

I think Cameron will have a very different experience with a lot more self-discipline based on a desire to win next time. Also don't forget that 230 Lab + 55 SNP is a very different opposition from 285 Lab. Quite apart from anything else SNP MP's will not attend and vote at Westminster the whole time.

But they've got literally one thing to fight for together. What manifesto did they run on? Out of Europe referendum, and... ? ? ? ? This gap weakens Cameron's authority to tell them to do anything.
    Exactly. There are three things which are significant obstacles for the Tories; EU ref, austerity impact, and Scotland. On top of that, if Cameron goes after 2017 it will feel like the end of an era and the 'fag-end' of a government.
    Or if Cameron goes after 2017 it feels as a fresher, rejuvenated government.
    Really? Cameron by far is their biggest asset. Boris isn't a sure-fire bet to succeed and the likes of Osborne are walking electoral disasters.
    Three to four years is a long time for someone else to emerge. People like Major, Blair or Cameron (or Miliband or IDS for less successful ones) were a long way below the radar that length of time before they became leader of their party.
    Not really. The Miliband brothers were talked of some years before their rise to prominence, as Johnathan notes this was the same for Blair and Brown. The Tories I see tipped on here are the likes of Shapps, Osborne, and Javid; who I don't think are electorally viable candidates.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,822
    Pulpstar said:

Nick Clegg has pretty much destroyed the Lib Dems

I suspect Nick Clegg always knew in his heart of hearts that the differentiation strategy was wrong but he was pushed into it from Vince Cable, Lord Oakeshott, etc...

He should have stood his ground though.
  • Options
    PurseybearPurseybear Posts: 766
    p.s. he might consider making Boris Foreign Secretary. Keep him busy. Keep him abroad.
  • Options
    watford30watford30 Posts: 3,474
    glw said:

Winners: Tories, SNP, and JackW who can crow about this forever.

Losers: Lib Dems (ouch!), Labour, pollsters (although Murdoch and Ashcroft might be happy with the effects).

JackW is the STOAT.

Supreme Tipster Of All Time.

• Options
    FensterFenster Posts: 2,115
    Financier said:

Fenster said:

Financier said:

Scott_P said:

@WillHillBet: Next Labour Party Leader http://t.co/DNw3WBnJyf
    7/4 Chuka Umunna
    5/2 Andy Burnham
    3/1 Yvette Cooper
    8/1 Dan Jarvis
    12 David Miliband

All disastrous choices
    Yvette Cooper and Dan Jarvis would both be excellent choices.

Why?
    Cooper would be their first female leader. She's clever and comes across as tolerant and sensible - she will likely have more support in the party than Miliband did.

Jarvis has a great back story. A normal upbringing, a decorated soldier in Iraq and Afghanistan, and a likeable way about him.
  • Options
    GeoffH said:

Fenster said:

Pulpstar said:

Lamb Hung on by 4k

Farron is not the right person for anything political. He is my MP and I constantly feel amazed that fellow voters have failed to see through this lightweight.

His top level is that of the measuring assistant in a Burton Tailoring store.
    Yes, but people said the same about Ed Miliband.... errr
  • Options
    SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,650
    Hell,no...What a dramatic defeat for Labour-Embarassing.

My only little consolation is that we won in Ealing Central and Acton where I canvassed by a very slim margin.
  • Options
    NoEasyDayNoEasyDay Posts: 454
    Pulpstar said:

Fenster said:

Pulpstar said:

Lamb Hung on by 4k

Farron will hose up
    Doesn't matter if its Jesus Christ the Lib Dems are destroyed for a generation. No socks in sandals person will forget the broken promises, or the fact they couldn't play as a team Uncle Vince and his mucker Oakshott are lagely to blame for that.
  • Options

Any idea on ETA of Thanet South result? Or leak as to what the result is?

11am I think.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    AndyJS said:

Tory majority is a certainty now. Enough safe seats to take them over the line.

Cotswolds, Devon Central, Broadland, Harborough, Hexham, Kenilworth, Devon West.

You was the first to call it with the Sunderland results. Congrats. :smiley:

• Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419
    EPG said:

Vince Cable's loser speech was probably the least gracious of those made by high profile losers. He also did least well in hiding his disappointment. The tearful Tory who defeated him looked like she could not believe it.

I agree about Vince. A bad loser underneath his "elderly statesman" veneer. Having spent his time talking about nuking his partners, he got his just deserts for his duplicity and whining.
    Cable personifies what went wrong with the Lib Dems. Rather than bargain hard then stick to the deal, they consistently rolled over and then tried to distance themselves, with the result that they looked neither capable or trustworthy.
    This is the Tory analysis. The Lib Dems should have been nicer to the Tories, and let the Tories do more Tory things. But half their 2010 voters, at least, quit for the Greens and Labour, and a few went to Ukip and Conservative. How would being a Tory-enabler have helped that?
    They should have bagged their own policies in return and then run on that record. To have done so would have meant taking on departmental ministries, the failure to argue for was the first and one of the most serious of Clegg's errors.
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    welshowl said:

Moses_ said:

BBC learns David Milliband is expected to step down as Labour leader....

David?
    ;-)
  • Options
    FinancierFinancier Posts: 3,916
    Fenster said:

Financier said:

Fenster said:

Financier said:

Scott_P said:

@WillHillBet: Next Labour Party Leader http://t.co/DNw3WBnJyf
    7/4 Chuka Umunna
    5/2 Andy Burnham
    3/1 Yvette Cooper
    8/1 Dan Jarvis
    12 David Miliband

All disastrous choices
    Yvette Cooper and Dan Jarvis would both be excellent choices.

Why?
    Cooper would be their first female leader. She's clever and comes across as tolerant and sensible - she will likely have more support in the party than Miliband did.

Jarvis has a great back story. A normal upbringing, a decorated soldier in Iraq and Afghanistan, and a likeable way about him.
    Yes but the important support needed is from outside the current party faithful.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664

TGOHF said:

EICINELOTO

Ed Is Crap Is Not Even Leader Of The Opposition

Thank God
    Will there me modifications to the BJESUS methodology for 2020 ?
    No more of that Crap from me.

I am off to enjoy my retirement and will be interested to see how the next 5 years pan out.
    I do hope that doesn't mean off from the site. The loss of the poster who coined EICIPM would impoverish it.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,937
    If Labour has any sense - hmmmm - they'll forbid anyone who was a cabinet minister between 1997 and 2010 from standing for the leadership. Let Chukka, Liz, Dan and co battle it out. For me Jarvis would buy Labour by far the best hearing in the country generally, but I doubt he has the base as yet within the party.
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

TGOHF said:

EICINELOTO

Thank God

I am off to enjoy my retirement and will be interested to see how the next 5 years pan out.
    I do hope that doesn't mean off from the site. The loss of the poster who coined EICIPM would impoverish it.
    Quite right. I assume you'll be enjoying PB for years to come BJO!
  • Options
    Con share now 36.8

6.2% lead.
  • Options
    glw said:

Losers: Lib Dems (ouch!), Labour, pollsters (although Murdoch and Ashcroft might be happy with the effects).

Kudos to Rod Crosby, rcs, Nabavi, and the few others who thought the Tories could do it.

IOS, if your Labour party managers have any sense you will get the boot. You were consistently rude and wrong about the campaign.

Jack's ARSE has been good for Con/Lab but didn't get close to the Lib-Dem meltdown and was cautioning us against the exit poll last night....

• Options
    There are limits to personal vote - we found that in spades today with Huppert, Clegg, Swinson, Danny A, even Carmichael
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    Con HOLD Harborough 316 vs 227
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Lab gains from Con (10): Lancaster, Wolv' SW, Dewsbury, Brentford, Hove, Enfield N, Chester, Wirral W, Ealing C, Ilford N.

Con gains from Lab (8): Bolton W, Southampton Itchen, Derby N, Morley, Telford, Plymouth Moor View, Gower, Vale of Clwyd.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @graeme0665: Presumably the Miliband resignation speech will be chiselled in granite #EdStone
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Just saw that DCS was decided by 798 votes! £50 in lost winnings that cost me.

What is turnout looking like?
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,756
    Life;s been a real bastard to the LDs, they stood up and did the right thing and got kicked by the elctorate for it.

Commiserations to the yellows.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Miliband " Scottish Nationalism overwhelmed us"

so absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the Tories ripping you a new one in England and Wales then?

6 required now
  • Options

TGOHF said:

EICINELOTO

Thank God

A gracious comment. Have a great weekend in the West Country if you're still there.
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    So let me get this straight. Labour dramatically underperformed its poll share like it has done in every election since 2014? See my many posts to that effect over recent weeks.
  • Options
    SandraMSandraM Posts: 206
    Re Slackbladder's comments about Murdoch picking winners, I noted that 3-4 days ago he was tweeting enthusiastically about something Yvette Cooper had written. I wondered then if he expected Labour to lose and would be backing Cooper as new leader.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    watford30 said:

JackW is the STOAT.

And he didn't budge when essentially everyone else thought the polls had proved him wrong. Amazing.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @SkyPolly: Hearing Nigel Farage will address cameras at 1030
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Lab gains from Con (10): Lancaster, Wolv' SW, Dewsbury, Brentford, Hove, Enfield N, Chester, Wirral W, Ealing C, Ilford N.

Con gains from Lab (8): Bolton W, Southampton Itchen, Derby N, Morley, Telford, Plymouth Moor View, Gower, Vale of Clwyd.

Very similar to 2001 - ie almost zero net change.
  • Options
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,013

EPG said:

Vince Cable's loser speech was probably the least gracious of those made by high profile losers. He also did least well in hiding his disappointment. The tearful Tory who defeated him looked like she could not believe it.

I agree about Vince. A bad loser underneath his "elderly statesman" veneer. Having spent his time talking about nuking his partners, he got his just deserts for his duplicity and whining.
    Cable personifies what went wrong with the Lib Dems. Rather than bargain hard then stick to the deal, they consistently rolled over and then tried to distance themselves, with the result that they looked neither capable or trustworthy.
    This is the Tory analysis. The Lib Dems should have been nicer to the Tories, and let the Tories do more Tory things. But half their 2010 voters, at least, quit for the Greens and Labour, and a few went to Ukip and Conservative. How would being a Tory-enabler have helped that?
    They should have bagged their own policies in return and then run on that record. To have done so would have meant taking on departmental ministries, the failure to argue for was the first and one of the most serious of Clegg's errors.
    No party tries not to implement its policies. Perhaps the Tories outmanouvered them with institutional experience of government, but it's hard to say what at all they could have done about that.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    glw said:

watford30 said:

JackW is the STOAT.

And he didn't budge when essentially everyone else thought the polls had proved him wrong. Amazing.
    His SNP score was hot garbage.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

TGOHF said:

GeoffH said:

Oh, fantabulous day!

My concern about the pollsters seems to have been proved right. We're going to have to see some massive changes, but I cannot really see how they can improve things.

One thing they must do is stop doing polls on a daily basis. Once a week for each of the companies is enough.

If - as they were - inaccurate on vote shares, then publishing daily polls is an attempt by the polls themselves and not those seeking election to set the mood music, to set the narrative. And that is wrong.
    What I find interesting about the polls is that they were broadly right on the one thing we all thought they would have the most difficulty with - which was the UKIP vote share. If they had been catastrophically wrong on that and as a result we had the Tory win we have today then perhaps it could have been understandable given the difficulties with a relatively new party with a rapidly rising vote share since the last election.

But since they got UKIP about right then it is strange that they were consequently so rwong about the overall Labour/Tory share.

My view is that UKIP had a far larger impact on the Labour vote than on the Tory vote and this accounts for some of the problems the pollsters had. They got the amount of votes right for UKIP but they got it utterly wrong on where those votes were coming from.
    Absolutely right Richard. I've been saying for years that its absurd to just add Conservative and UKIP together and say "this is what Cameron should have if ..." - if the UKIP voters wanted Conservative, they'd vote Conservative.

UKIP have gained a large number of Lib Dem votes as protest voters abandoned the Lib Dems who went into government and went to the new, upstart protest party.
    This prevented the Labour "Lib Dem crutch" that OGH has spoken about for years.
    UKIP have also absorbed votes that could have gone to the opposition party of Labour.

UKIP have displaced Lib Dems as the protest party and there's been essentially no Labour:Tory swing.

UKIP are not Tories, hopefully that myth can be dispelled for good now.
  • Options

If Labour has any sense - hmmmm - they'll forbid anyone who was a cabinet minister between 1997 and 2010 from standing for the leadership. Let Chukka, Liz, Dan and co battle it out. For me Jarvis would buy Labour by far the best hearing in the country generally, but I doubt he has the base as yet within the party.

Labour needs to work out what it is for. Badly, and as for the Lib Dems. WELL
  • Options
    Done deal. Lizzy is on her way back from Windsor to see Cameron at 1230

PEMWAS
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,937

As an exercise in destructive futility Ed's leadership of the Labour party will take some beating.

Nah. He's not even in the premier league alongside MacDonald and Foot.

MacDonald was a PM, Foot had a happy family. Ed failed at the first and destroyed the second.

• Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    Jonathan said:

Fenster said:

Pulpstar said:

Lamb Hung on by 4k

Can Lamb mend bridges with Labour and Labour voters? Because that is what they need to happen.
    He is the smartest LD left standing with a very nice manner.
  • Options
    Quite - even if the Jockalypse hadn't happened = he'd have lost
    Moses_ said:

Miliband " Scottish Nationalism overwhelmed us"

so absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the Tories ripping you a new one in England and Wales then?

6 required now

• Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800

TGOHF said:

GeoffH said:

Oh, fantabulous day!

I didn't.
  • Options
    Innocent_AbroadInnocent_Abroad Posts: 3,294

Life;s been a real bastard to the LDs, they stood up and did the right thing and got kicked by the elctorate for it.

Commiserations to the yellows.

Anyone could've told them it would happen. In effect, in England, their vote has gone to UKIP (which in itself should give them pause for thought).

The Tories will win the next two elections - this is 1983 repeated, not a re-run of 1992.

• Options
    Current vote share in England:

Con 41%
    Lab 32%
    UKIP 14%
    LD 8%
    Greens 4%

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2015/results/england
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    Ishmael_X said:

TGOHF said:

EICINELOTO

Thank God

indeed. This site always needs sane voices from the left.
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419
    Jonathan said:

EPG said:

Quick post re. comparisons to 1992-7. You have to remember that came at the fag-end of a 11 year rule and the Conservatives were in internal warfare over the deposition of Margaret Thatcher. In addition the ERM fiasco so early on derailed them for the remainder of the parliament.

I think Cameron will have a very different experience with a lot more self-discipline based on a desire to win next time. Also don't forget that 230 Lab + 55 SNP is a very different opposition from 285 Lab. Quite apart from anything else SNP MP's will not attend and vote at Westminster the whole time.

But they've got literally one thing to fight for together. What manifesto did they run on? Out of Europe referendum, and... ? ? ? ? This gap weakens Cameron's authority to tell them to do anything.
    Exactly. There are three things which are significant obstacles for the Tories; EU ref, austerity impact, and Scotland. On top of that, if Cameron goes after 2017 it will feel like the end of an era and the 'fag-end' of a government.
    Or if Cameron goes after 2017 it feels as a fresher, rejuvenated government.
    Really? Cameron by far is their biggest asset. Boris isn't a sure-fire bet to succeed and the likes of Osborne are walking electoral disasters.
    Three to four years is a long time for someone else to emerge. People like Major, Blair or Cameron (or Miliband or IDS for less successful ones) were a long way below the radar that length of time before they became leader of their party.
    Hardly, for example Blair and Brown were cited as future leaders before 92.
    Loads of people are cited as future leaders but few ever make it. I didn't mention Brown on purpose; he was an exception. But four years before Blair became leader, he was Shadow Employment Secretary. From what I remember, he did quite well in the job and showed potential to go further but it was far from clear that he'd be a leader.

The point is that by 2018/19, I expect people like May and Hammond will have had their day. Hague has already retired. Six Lib Dems have left the cabinet. There'll be a lot of upward movement and some will come good enough to be potential leaders by the end of the parliament.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Con 41%
    Lab 32%
    UKIP 14%
    LD 8%
    Greens 4%

Wow
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Con 41%
    Lab 32%
    UKIP 14%
    LD 8%
    Greens 4%

Cons need to be 11% ahead to win a majority remember ;)
  • Options
    currystarcurrystar Posts: 1,171
    glw said:

watford30 said:

JackW is the STOAT.

He was the nearest but did anyone predict Tories on 329ish
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    Alistair said:

glw said:

watford30 said:

JackW is the STOAT.

His SNP score was hot garbage.
    Maybe so, but it was for his assessment of Miliband and predictions of Con and Lab seats that he was taking a lot of stick.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    AndyJS said:

Con 41%
    Lab 32%
    UKIP 14%
    LD 8%
    Greens 4%

I always said they didn't need 11.4% :D
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@SkyPolly: Hearing Nigel Farage will address cameras at 1030

Why? Would be bad manners to anticipate the declaration.
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

GIN1138 said:

Presumably Rupert is now cancelling that ridiculous YouGov tracker poll he's been wasting his money on for the past five years?

The one which lulled labour into thinking they were safe with ed despite the crapness? Interesting use of "wasting".
    Nick Palmer even said the more polls the merrier... We've seen comfort polling at it's worse in this Parliament.

The industry needs to go back to basics. Half the online pollsters should just disappear and we should go back to around 10 major surveys a month like we had in all other Paliaments before 2010.

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,798
    Pulpstar said:

Nick Clegg has pretty much destroyed the Lib Dems

They were complicit in their own destruction. As leader he bears much responsibility, but they backed going into coalition, didn't break away earlier and didn't force him to stand down before this GE. It would be a mistake for the party, what is left of it, to take the easy route and blame it all on him and what he did. They won't learn properly from that.
  • Options
  • Options

But what's Jarvis's USP? He was a serving soldier (unusual for Labour), and that seems to be it. Not sure he's the man.
  • Options
    Huw Edwards so much better than Dimbleby.
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 926
    How many of the fallen will end up in the Lords
  • Options
    Just noticed Willie McCrea has gone - more good news !
  • Options
    The common link between ghe Tories and SNP is very strong leader ratings. Of course FFA will be offered to the Scots now. I think the unionis pretty much done.
  • Options
    Arrghh the day does get better, just seen the terrorist apologist Galloway has gone. Is it too early to open Champagne ?
  • Options
    compouter2compouter2 Posts: 2,371
    EICIPM...oh,wait there ;-)
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,987
    Mr. Smithson, commiserations on the costly night.

I recall Norman Lamb (and Liam Fox) on Question Time at the height of the tuition fees issue (with an audience packed with teachers), facing Sadiq Khan. Whether it's Lamb's brilliance or Khan's rubbishness, the audience somehow ended up on the side of Lamb and Fox despite the yawning open goal.

Incidentally, did Farron win?
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,873
    RobD said:

Ishmael_X said:

TGOHF said:

EICINELOTO

Thank God

Quite right. I assume you'll be enjoying PB for years to come BJO!
    No I will be around for sure.

Mrs BJ retires later this year so maybe less frequently after that but it is bloody addictive so maybe just as much.

One for the road for now Eds Idiotic Cameron Is PM (EICIPM)
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

AndyJS said:

Con 41%
    Lab 32%
    UKIP 14%
    LD 8%
    Greens 4%

Well, that's been proved a nonsense.
  • Options
    NoEasyDay said:

Arrghh the day does get better, just seen the terrorist apologist Galloway has gone. Is it too early to open Champagne ?

Champagne tastes best at breakfast.
  • Options
    RobD said:

AndyJS said:

Con 41%
    Lab 32%
    UKIP 14%
    LD 8%
    Greens 4%

Wow
    I thought Lab had a big lead in England? And Tories needed an 11% swing, etc...

• Options
    AndyJS said:
    I laid 50% at evens about 8 hours ago
  • Options
    marke09 said:

How many of the fallen will end up in the Lords

Danny Alexander.
  • Options

Your comment last night genuinely made me think we'd have EICIPM.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
    Have waited for my adult life to see SLAB stuffed and mounted. Last night was wonderful, I would like to thank all those hard working SNP types for making this possible.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,931
    edited May 2015
    Uk map is Maggie Simpson

Lynsey Kiely (@lynseykiely)
    08/05/2015 09:47
    #GE2015 pic.twitter.com/AuCQN5VosF
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

AndyJS said:

Con 41%
    Lab 32%
    UKIP 14%
    LD 8%
    Greens 4%

That was across the whole of GB.

In fact, they will win a majority with a lead of 6%!
  • Options
    Thought it was toast 25 quid lol
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 926
    Final Welsh share

Labour 37% (-1)
    Cons 27% (+1)
    UKIP 14% (+12)
    Plaid Cymru 12% (-1)
    Lib Dems 7% (-13)
    Others 3% (+2)
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Can I just say -

CON MAJORITY NAILED ON!
  • Options
    compouter2compouter2 Posts: 2,371
    RobD said:

Your comment last night genuinely made me think we'd have EICIPM.
    Just threw it in there to rattle the PB Hodges. On the bright side, in my constituency we had a big swing.Never queued for 20 minutes to get in a polling booth before.
  • Options

Mr. Smithson, commiserations on the costly night.

I recall Norman Lamb (and Liam Fox) on Question Time at the height of the tuition fees issue (with an audience packed with teachers), facing Sadiq Khan. Whether it's Lamb's brilliance or Khan's rubbishness, the audience somehow ended up on the side of Lamb and Fox despite the yawning open goal.

Incidentally, did Farron win?

Yep

• Options
    ProdicusProdicus Posts: 658
    watford30 said:

glw said:

JackW is the STOAT.

So now the gold standard is the STOAT's ARSE. Nice.
  • Options
    #DaveDidWinHere

Can I just say -

CON MAJORITY NAILED ON!

• Options
    Con hold Bridgwater
  • Options
    MikeL said:

TGOHF said:

AndyJS said:

Con 41%
    Lab 32%
    UKIP 14%
    LD 8%
    Greens 4%

That was across the whole of GB.

In fact, they will win a majority with a lead of 6%!
    Oh but I thought the Tories would be losing seats to Labour up to 6%
  • Options
    currystarcurrystar Posts: 1,171

Can I just say -

CON MAJORITY NAILED ON!

The best bet in the middle of the night that I have ever had. I still can't work out what made the price on a Tory majority drift so suddenly and so much
  • Options
    Goog grief, just noticed Broxtowe - Soubry gave up, and still won, increasing her majority by 6%.

Nick 'Hubris' Palmer's Tic got Tocked.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:
    So that's a Conservative majority in Scotland then.
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    So it is down to Yvette..wee Andy of Staffordshire fame..and Mr slimeball Chuka.
    Any one of them will do..
  • Options
    Farron over 50 percent an extraordinary achievement given the bloodbath
This discussion has been closed.