Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Welsh look like cementing their role as the Mitch McConnell of British politics – politicalbetti

Comments

• AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Completely o/t, but someone here will no the answer: I just got within an inch of being scammed by a fake e-commerce site, to the point where I had typed in my credit card details. Luckily I realised straightaway and cancelled the card.

The fake website exists in various forms under multiple domain names, such as:

egospeedy.com
    tyresplusd.com
    mudpumpsm.top

with what looks like fake WHOIS information and no proper contact information.

However, they do have valid https certificates (Cloudflare).

Is there somewhere where I can report this to get the certificates revoked?

They'll have a https certificate but it won't be a validated certificate. You can automatically setup https certificates for your sites these days.
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

Pushing to be back in the fold? Prince Andrew hopes for 'rehabilitation' as he's seen in public again after briefing press on father's death and sitting closest to Queen at funeral

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9491565/Prince-Andrew-hopes-rehabilitation-makes-public-appearance.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

If he wants 'rehabilitation' the best starting point would be going to America, co-operating with the authorities and answering any questions they have.
  • Sky's News presenter on the new "daily climate show" saying that in the future people will "need to eat less meat" or switch to a "plant based diet".

F**k right off. Not happening. Not even presented with an iota of balance that its an idea or that other ideas might be preferable.

Too right. This is the one thing I'd take up arms for.

If the Tories go down that road (incorrectly) they can forget my vote; I'll throw all my other pre-existing politics up in the air.
    If we're not supposed to eat animals then why are they made out of meat?
    Yes, Veganism is simply another developing 21st Century secular religion in the West.

That's why it's impervious to reason as well, and why we should challenge it driving policy.
    A vegan friend fell out with me as she kept on saying eating meat is not natural and murder.

I pointed she regularly fed her cats and dogs other animals and if she was going to be consistent then she should feed her cats and dogs vegan stuff.

She didn't like that.
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392

Lets treasure it - the inaugural dinner of the ESL chairmen. They had such a bright future ahead of them!

How many can we still name? Be honest.....
    I can name more than I could accurately assign those names to the right faces.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623

Pushing to be back in the fold? Prince Andrew hopes for 'rehabilitation' as he's seen in public again after briefing press on father's death and sitting closest to Queen at funeral

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9491565/Prince-Andrew-hopes-rehabilitation-makes-public-appearance.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

The spanner didn't sit in the Queen's rehabilitation field by accident, did he?
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614

Lets treasure it - the inaugural dinner of the ESL chairmen. They had such a bright future ahead of them!

5!

11:

Loser One
    Loser Two
    ... Loser Eleven.
    I knew a champion crier, this is some absolute nonsense

For the first time in its history, this year's British Town Crier Championships is being held in complete silence.

As the country starts to exit lockdown, the UK's top professional shouters will be judged on their written cries alone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-56766202
  • glwglw Posts: 9,535

glw said:

Completely o/t, but someone here will no the answer: I just got within an inch of being scammed by a fake e-commerce site, to the point where I had typed in my credit card details. Luckily I realised straightaway and cancelled the card.

egospeedy.com
    tyresplusd.com
    mudpumpsm.top

Are you sure the WHOIS isn't simply anonymized? My registrar does that by default.

https://www.cloudflare.com/abuse/form
    It is an interesting question as to what https certificates are for. Originally they confirmed the site was what it claimed to be but arguably Google and Let's Encrypt have changed that so now it is just a way of establishing secure communication. This makes it harder for external scammers to get you but perhaps easier for scammers who own the site.
    Certificates are only worth having to stop browsers showing a warning, they mean diddly squat in terms of security.
  • Pushing to be back in the fold? Prince Andrew hopes for 'rehabilitation' as he's seen in public again after briefing press on father's death and sitting closest to Queen at funeral

If he wants 'rehabilitation' the best starting point would be going to America, co-operating with the authorities and answering any questions they have.
    Are you confusing "rehabilitation" with "20 years to life"?
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited April 2021

IanB2 said:

glw said:

Brom said:

Boris 1 Liverpool 0

He saved football.
    The test will be whether he actually follows through and pushes through a requirement for something like the German ownership model. Rather than just jumping on a passing bandwagon that was always odds on to succeed.

I’m not holding my breath.
    German ownership model would be a stupid move.....it would kill what is special about the EPL.

All the stuff about dreaming your club can do it, you can't under the German model, its why Bayern have won basically every year for 20 years, as there is no way you can get from low to high without spending the money, which you won't have without rich ownership.
    And that's the nagging doubt in the background of this. Because whilst this evening's news is good for football (and damn funny to boot), the underlying factors haven't gone away.

English football has become so good because it's so rich. But to a larger extent than we like to admit, that's depended on Other People's money- whether that's US Sports Entrepreneurs, Asian fans who will never see a live game or Dodgy Plutocrats.

Drive the questionable money out and you get a different type of sport; probably more wholesome, but with less money, fewer global superstars. It's Pompey Supporters Trust building quietly in League Two, not the gallery of rogues who preceded them in the Premiership and subsequent collapse.

Probably better for us, but are we collectively ready for that?
    The EPL is a massive global success, the fans get an amazing product. The outrage of the fans over the ESL was that it removed the link between success and being able to be in it, that is very different kettle of fish from deciding they would be happy for a lesser standard of entertainment but more "wholesome".

I would be shocked if many fans wanted to go back to English teams being way behind the European super powers. In the same way as Leicester and Leeds can beat the traditional English super clubs, Man City and alike now dream, no expect, to be able to beat your Barcelona's and Real Madrid's.

Its all sounds so good for the fans to have 51% control, but with that they would have to be more realistic that you should expect that your club can't match / beat the very best in Europe. You might do for a season, but not season in / season out, which these billionaire owners enable.

The only club with this structure that is able to match Europes best is Bayern and outside of Germany nobody really cares about the Bundesliga. People from China to Chile aren't getting up at all hours to watch it in their millions.
    Re Woodward

He was set to leave at the end of the year but the decision to announce his departure has been brought forward

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56824130

So even more of a figleaf than it seemed.
  • TazTaz Posts: 10,701

If you can’t do the time etc etc.
  • Lets treasure it - the inaugural dinner of the ESL chairmen. They had such a bright future ahead of them!

Hugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew...

Rehabilitation is meant to come after the sentence was served surely?
  • boulayboulay Posts: 3,769
    I’m presuming that when the palace coup is dealt with that UEFA, EPL, govt, labour etc will overturn the disgraceful award of the 2022 World Cup to Quatar. Now we are all against greed and football is about people not money, yes? Come on Bayern Munich you wonderful fair play democratic chaps, lead the way on this.......

• sladeslade Posts: 1,921
    Here is a topic to generate controversy. I have just come across a survey about the most famous Yorkshireman and Yorkshirewomen. The answer was Michael Palin and Judy Dench. There seems to be an historic disconnect here. So off the top of my head here are Harold Wilson, James Cook, John Harrison, H H Asquith, the Bronte Sisters, Nicola Adams, Lizzie Armistead, Joseph Priestley, Ann Lister, William Wilberforce. Any other suggestions?
    How the hell does someone get a fair trial, when the President announces what he thinks the verdict should be while the jury is out?
  • Sky's News presenter on the new "daily climate show" saying that in the future people will "need to eat less meat" or switch to a "plant based diet".

F**k right off. Not happening. Not even presented with an iota of balance that its an idea or that other ideas might be preferable.

If the Tories go down that road (incorrectly) they can forget my vote; I'll throw all my other pre-existing politics up in the air.
    Yes, Veganism is simply another developing 21st Century secular religion in the West.

That's why it's impervious to reason as well, and why we should challenge it driving policy.
    Look, most Vegan food isn't eaten by Vegans. Your secular religion is not responsible for the huge explosion in plant-based food sales. But the simple truth is that population growth and the drive to eating meat at almost every meal means there isn't going to be enough land and water to grow enough cow / chicken and the crops needed to feed them within a few decades.

A reduction in meat consumption is needed and considering some of the crap that's on offer with dodgy production processes that isn't a bad thing for meat lovers.
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,164
    slade said:

Here is a topic to generate controversy. I have just come across a survey about the most famous Yorkshireman and Yorkshirewomen. The answer was Michael Palin and Judy Dench. There seems to be an historic disconnect here. So off the top of my head here are Harold Wilson, James Cook, John Harrison, H H Asquith, the Bronte Sisters, Nicola Adams, Lizzie Armistead, Joseph Priestley, Ann Lister, William Wilberforce. Any other suggestions?

Boycott surely for man. Brontë sisters probably for women.
    I'd never heard of newsthump, but from the looks of it sometimes their news parody's really work

As stupid plans go, [ESL] is about as wise as going into business with Ryan Giggs.

And then introducing him to your wife.

https://newsthump.com/2021/04/19/alarm-raised-as-entire-uk-finds-itself-agreeing-with-gary-neville/
  • GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,072

Most British farmland consists of grass uplands and the most efficient way to turn this into high-quality, nutritious protein is to graze livestock - sheep and beef.

With all due respect, do you actually know that for a fact?

I eat meat, and I love eating meat, but I am under no illusion about it being efficient or sustainable in any way.
    Yes, some source for you that you might find more convincing:

Institute for Global Food Security
    Sustainable Food Trust
    Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB)
    University of Oxford

https://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/news/2018-news-climate-pollutants-gwp/

https://sustainablefoodtrust.org/key-issues/sustainable-livestock/
    But just because meat can be sustainable doesn't mean it is the most efficient use of British farmland in terms of the production of nutritious protein.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I would be surprised if it is.
    You'd be surprised because these balanced evidence-based views aren't getting a hearing in the public debate - which is either "business as usual" or abstinence. We live in an age where nuance doesn't exist.

The key point of the research is that it is the most efficient use of c.65% of British farmland because it's only suitable for grassland, not arable crop production, and therefore it's the best way of producing nutritious protein. I will quote Professor Nigel Scollan, Director of Institute for Global Food Security, Queen's University Belfast: "You want the highest nutritional density per unit combined with the lowest negative environmental impact. So, for example, what nutrients you get per 100g of the food and how that sits with its environmental impact. By adding this angle, you are adding to the environmental impact equation – something that’s needed in this important debate.

Ruminants are positive because they convert plant-based material that’s not edible for humans, such as grass, into high-value, high-nutritient protein. Their meat also contains other micronutrients we need in our diet, including iron and zinc. They’re effectively bio-converters."

Edit: sheep and beef are different to chicken and pork because they are not able to eat grass, so compete with humans with land-space for plant-based foods. Of course, that only applies to natural grasslands - it's clearly stupid to clear rainforest for beef production.

There are good forms of meat production and bad forms of meat production. We need to distinguish.
    Thanks for the info. Very interesting.
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,910

Sky's News presenter on the new "daily climate show" saying that in the future people will "need to eat less meat" or switch to a "plant based diet".

Vegetarianism = civilisation
    Meat-eating = primitive barbarism!
  • Sandpit said:

How the hell does someone get a fair trial, when the President announces what he thinks the verdict should be while the jury is out?

The jury is sequestered, they won't see or hear that intervention from Biden.
    slade said:

Surely Geoffrey Boycott is the living embodiment of Yorkshire?
  • eekeek Posts: 24,797
    Alistair said:

egospeedy.com
    tyresplusd.com
    mudpumpsm.top

They'll have a https certificate but it won't be a validated certificate. You can automatically setup https certificates for your sites these days.
    whether a site has a https certificate isn't a test now certificates can be got for free.

Worse I've seen a recent set of sites using Cyrillic а in place of a standard a in the word bank...
    edited April 2021

Sandpit said:

It is still an incredibly dumb thing to do...all he had to say was I can't comment on an ongoing criminal trial for obvious reasons (and especially as the judge has told us not to), I will make a statement once the verdict is in.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,559

Most British farmland consists of grass uplands and the most efficient way to turn this into high-quality, nutritious protein is to graze livestock - sheep and beef.

With all due respect, do you actually know that for a fact?

I eat meat, and I love eating meat, but I am under no illusion about it being efficient or sustainable in any way.
    Yes, some source for you that you might find more convincing:

Institute for Global Food Security
    Sustainable Food Trust
    Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB)
    University of Oxford

https://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/news/2018-news-climate-pollutants-gwp/

https://sustainablefoodtrust.org/key-issues/sustainable-livestock/
    But just because meat can be sustainable doesn't mean it is the most efficient use of British farmland in terms of the production of nutritious protein.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I would be surprised if it is.
    There are significant areas of British farmland which are more suitable for livestock production than alternatives.
    The point is, though, that we aren’t anyway self sufficient in food, and (more importantly) that globally the demand for meat greatly outstrips what is capable of being sustainably produced.
    edited April 2021

Sandpit said:

Maybe, but the appeal judges certainly will.

The trial judge already called out politicians for interfering.
  • nico679nico679 Posts: 4,530
    Sandpit said:

The jury has been fully sequestered for their deliberations. No outside contact , no tv or internet . What Biden did or did not say is irrelevant as the jury wouldn’t know .

• DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 23,926
    slade said:

Famous does not mean most worthy. Hardly anyone will know John Harrison: that OFAH episode was decades ago.
    eek said:

Alistair said:

egospeedy.com
    tyresplusd.com
    mudpumpsm.top

whether a site has a https certificate isn't a test now certificates can be got for free.

Worse I've seen a recent set of sites using Cyrillic а in place of a standard a in the word bank...
    Unicode was a mistake.

Unicode in urls was a massive, massive error.
  • Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,007

Sky's News presenter on the new "daily climate show" saying that in the future people will "need to eat less meat" or switch to a "plant based diet".

Look, most Vegan food isn't eaten by Vegans. Your secular religion is not responsible for the huge explosion in plant-based food sales. But the simple truth is that population growth and the drive to eating meat at almost every meal means there isn't going to be enough land and water to grow enough cow / chicken and the crops needed to feed them within a few decades.

A reduction in meat consumption is needed and considering some of the crap that's on offer with dodgy production processes that isn't a bad thing for meat lovers.
    Well, sure. Beans on toast is vegan. How many of us enjoy that?

Look, I'm not saying that mass industrialised rearing of carbon intensive meat doesn't need to end - or at least be heavily reengineered - but I am objecting to veganism as a diet. I think it has echoes of the abstinence movement of the early 1900s and will ultimately prove to be as popular.

For dietary, nutritional, variety and enjoyment reasons there's nothing wrong with enjoying a modest amount of meat - and we should, and it'd be nicer better quality meat too - but it's up to us to challenge those with other agendas.

I expect to be enjoying a nice Sunday roast, and a good curry with the leftovers, for the rest of my life and I think that's absolutely fine too.

IanB2 said:

glw said:

Brom said:

Boris 1 Liverpool 0

He saved football.
    The test will be whether he actually follows through and pushes through a requirement for something like the German ownership model. Rather than just jumping on a passing bandwagon that was always odds on to succeed.

I’m not holding my breath.
    German ownership model would be a stupid move.....it would kill what is special about the EPL.

All the stuff about dreaming your club can do it, you can't under the German model, its why Bayern have won basically every year for 20 years, as there is no way you can get from low to high without spending the money, which you won't have without rich ownership.
    And that's the nagging doubt in the background of this. Because whilst this evening's news is good for football (and damn funny to boot), the underlying factors haven't gone away.

English football has become so good because it's so rich. But to a larger extent than we like to admit, that's depended on Other People's money- whether that's US Sports Entrepreneurs, Asian fans who will never see a live game or Dodgy Plutocrats.

Drive the questionable money out and you get a different type of sport; probably more wholesome, but with less money, fewer global superstars. It's Pompey Supporters Trust building quietly in League Two, not the gallery of rogues who preceded them in the Premiership and subsequent collapse.

Probably better for us, but are we collectively ready for that?
    The EPL is a massive global success, the fans get an amazing product. The outrage of the fans over the ESL was that it removed the link between success and being able to be in it, that is very different kettle of fish from deciding they would be happy for a lesser standard of entertainment but more "wholesome".

I would be shocked if many fans wanted to go back to English teams being way behind the European super powers. In the same way as Leicester and Leeds can beat the traditional English super clubs, Man City and alike now dream, no expect, to be able to beat your Barcelona's and Real Madrid's.

Its all sounds so good for the fans to have 51% control, but with that they would have to be more realistic that you should expect that your club can't match / beat the very best in Europe. You might do for a season, but not season in / season out, which these billionaire owners enable.

The only club with this structure that is able to match Europes best is Bayern and outside of Germany nobody really cares about the Bundesliga. People from China to Chile aren't getting up at all hours to watch it in their millions.
    Boris will now do what he does best - letting a report die a natural death once the threat has been neutralised.
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Its America not Britain. Different standards.

If this was Britain then such a remark would never have been made - but then there'd be no doubt about the verdict either.

And it would never have happened in the first place, either.
  • Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,007

A vegan friend fell out with me as she kept on saying eating meat is not natural and murder.

I pointed she regularly fed her cats and dogs other animals and if she was going to be consistent then she should feed her cats and dogs vegan stuff.

She didn't like that.
    Well, sure. The ecosystem of the whole planet depends on the food chain - in short, creatures eating other creatures.

If that's the fundamental ethical objection then the only logical course is to accede to the mass extinction of tens of thousands of species.
  • Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

The appellate system doesn't work like that in America.

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

If this was Britain then such a remark would never have been made - but then there'd be no doubt about the verdict either.

David Cameron and Andy Coulson say hello!
    Alistair said:

eek said:

Alistair said:

egospeedy.com
    tyresplusd.com
    mudpumpsm.top

Unicode was a mistake.

Unicode in urls was a massive, massive error.
    Unicode in urls was unavoidable given the need for global domains - but this is something that banks need to be aware of and cover (it only costs a few $).
    edited April 2021
    Congresswoman's remarks 'may result in trial being overturned'

In response, Judge Cahill said: “I give you that Congresswoman Waters may have given you something on appeal that may result in this trial being overturned.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-56721011
  • Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

The trial judge already called out politicians for interfering.
    Nonsense. The outcome won't be successfully appealed due to noises off. There may be criticism of politicians, but the approach has long been that adequately instructed juries are able to ignore all noises off, however loud.
    tlg86 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

You'll have to explain what point you're making sorry.

I can't imagine David Cameron kneeling on someone's neck for 9 minutes and 28 seconds.
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,392

We need fewer people, not smaller portions.

Well, sure. Beans on toast is vegan. How many of us enjoy that?
    Beans on Naan :lol:
  • tlg86 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

I can't imagine David Cameron kneeling on someone's neck for 9 minutes and 28 seconds.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28014035
    slade said:

Andrew Marvell, WH Auden, Ted Hughes...

... Brian Blessed, Patrick Stewart, The Chuckle Brothers.

edited April 2021
    I thought unicode was the attempt at making the best of a bad job, given everybody in the world was doing something totally different e.g. the Japanese already had emojis in their "standard" when most countries were insisting on only supporting the key alpha-numeric characters.

tlg86 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

I think the jury returned a guilty verdict on one of the counts but were still deliberating in other charges. Cameron couldn’t wait to get on TV to condemn Coulson and the presiding judge told him to keep his gob shut!
  • nico679nico679 Posts: 4,530
    The jury make up is 6 white , 4 black and 2 mixed race . It seems fanciful to think that with that mix you’re going to get a unanimous not guilty verdict given the video footage .

The concerns for the Floyd family would have been more a hung jury , unable to reach a verdict . The fact the verdict is in so soon suggests at least guilty on one of the three charges .
  • Cocky_cockneyCocky_cockney Posts: 760
    edited April 2021
    Boris Johnson has come out of this Super League business very well. He's definitely someone one we shouldn't underestimate.

Congresswoman's remarks 'may result in trial being overturned'

In response, Judge Cahill said: “I give you that Congresswoman Waters may have given you something on appeal that may result in this trial being overturned.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-56721011

'May' is not 'will', but people in that position are thinking of themselves, not the case, by taking on that risk.

tlg86 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Not exactly a murder trial.

And on Dominic Grieve's advice. Remarkable that some people hold Grieve in high regard.
  • ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819

She didn't like that.
    Some people do raise their dogs vegetarian, they can survive on it but it’s less than ideal. Cats are incapable of surviving without meat unlike dogs however.
    edited April 2021

Nevermind Drakesford, Boris Johnson has played another blinder on this Super League. I don't know how the guy does it? He has extraordinary political savvy. To come out all guns blazing from the off, and know, just know, that was in tune with the people ... very impressive I've got to admit (reluctantly).

He's definitely someone one we shouldn't underestimate.

He has been a very lucky general so far this year...vaccines come on stream, EU go total Cartman and make themselves look absolutely awful....yesterday he gets to say booo ESL and have a nice quiet pint while Starmer is fighting with a pub landlord in quiet quaint Bath.
  • sarissasarissa Posts: 1,749

egospeedy.com
    tyresplusd.com
    mudpumpsm.top

Be aware you will almost certainly get a phone call purportedly from your bank’s fraud department - the ‘safe account’ scam where they try to get you to transfer your funds into another account. Speaking from experience, they are VERY persuasive. You may also be targeted with multiple reminders that your (faked) anti virus software accounts and other security software needs renewed, again seeking your banking details. After 3-4 months this has tailed off for me.
  • slade said:

Geoffrey Boycott, Michael Parkinson, Peter Sutcliffe.
  • Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,042

We need fewer people, not smaller portions.
    We don't need either, it's utter rubbish. The ideal farms rotate livestock with arable, with vegetables - that's how the land is meant to be worked, and it results in healthy produce, and healthy livestock, which makes healthy food. Same land.
    Sandpit said:

By sequestering the jury before he opens his mouth.
    Turns out Mercer did bow down and offer his resignation rather than just accept being sacked, so no brownie points for him. Saying you were forced to resign is no good, if it is like that you might as well take the sacking.

slade said:

Geoffrey Boycott, Michael Parkinson, Peter Sutcliffe.
    We didn’t start the fire
    It’s always been burning
    Since the worlds been turning.

tlg86 said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Not exactly a murder trial.

And on Dominic Grieve's advice. Remarkable that some people hold Grieve in high regard.
    No, but it was very funny.
  • Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,458

Still, you know who's smiling tonight? Ursula von der Leyen. She's no longer in charge of the worst organization with 'European' in the title...

I'm surprise you're still posting on here as BluestBlue. I thought that after your contretemps with Contrarian on the last thread, you'd have succumbed to his attack and renamed yourself PinkoTory.
  • ridaligoridaligo Posts: 174
    Leon said:

What a clustermegafuck

Hilarious

The resignations suggest this was a serious plan. Not just a ploy

I think we have to wait until the dust settles and see what concessions the 12 teams get in whatever the new CL set up is.
  • DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 23,926

Boris Johnson has come out of this Super League business very well. He's definitely someone one we shouldn't underestimate.

A consumate politician who has buried at least two pieces of bad news today.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,841
    Super league collapso just in time for the Floyd/Chauvin verdict to push it out the top of the twitter news cycle.
  • sarissa said:

egospeedy.com
    tyresplusd.com
    mudpumpsm.top

Be aware you will almost certainly get a phone call purportedly from your bank’s fraud department - the ‘safe account’ scam where they try to get you to transfer your funds into another account. Speaking from experience, they are VERY persuasive. You may also be targeted with multiple reminders that your (faked) anti virus software accounts and other security software needs renewed, again seeking your banking details. After 3-4 months this has tailed off for me.
    The other issue is number spoofing is easily done these days.
    ridaligo said:

Leon said:

What a clustermegafuck

Hilarious

I think we have to wait until the dust settles and see what concessions the 12 teams get in whatever the new CL set up is.
    No way they get as much as they expected. Pulling out with a few days with Chairmen resigning amid universal outrage does not put them in as strong a position to demand concessions as they would have liked, even if they still get a few.
  • CatManCatMan Posts: 2,721

She didn't like that.
    Some people do raise their dogs vegetarian, they can survive on it but it’s less than ideal. Cats are incapable of surviving without meat unlike dogs however.
    I'm a vegetarian (but was planning to duck out of commentating...) but the idea of feeding my cat veggie food is insane. Bog standard Whiskas all the way!
  • Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,042

She didn't like that.
    Deliberately feeding an animal a 'less than ideal' diet is tantamount to neglect - people shouldn't be allowed to do it. People shouldn't be allowed to feed their kids a vegan diet either, for the same reasons.
    edited April 2021
    kle4 said:

ridaligo said:

Leon said:

What a clustermegafuck

Hilarious

No way they get as much as they expected. Pulling out with a few days with Chairmen resigning amid universal outrage does not put them in as strong a position to demand concessions as they would have liked, even if they still get a few.
    UEFA I think can now safely say screw you, do what we tell you...your playing in our absolutely moronically designed competition and you will like it....any grumbling and we will fine you. Now go to your room for the rest of the season.
  • ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,920
    Nigelb said:

slade said:

Surprisingly few footballers from Yorkshire, especially when you think of the long list of England greats from the North-East: Manion, Millburn, Clough, Gascoigne, the Charltons, Shearer, Robson (Bryan and Bobby), just for starters.
  • geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,092
    Nigelb said:

slade said:

Fred Trueman

• TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,957
    edited April 2021
    All Liverpool players tweeting a message of opposition against the Super League.

A consumate politician who has buried at least two pieces of bad news today.
    He could offer the Downing Street briefing room for the inaugural and final ESL media conference.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,841
    Reckon the Chauvin verdict will be guilty. It's clearly a different case from when an officer has to make a split second decision with a gun.
    edited April 2021
    Pulpstar said:

Reckon the Chauvin verdict will be guilty. It's clearly a different case from when an officer has to make a split second decision with a gun.

But which charge? Second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree murder or second-degree manslaughter?
    Pulpstar said:

Agreed. I’d think third degree murder.

All Liverpool players tweeting a message of opposition against the Super League.

The moment it’s collapsed. Nice one.
    nico679 said:

The jury make up is 6 white , 4 black and 2 mixed race . It seems fanciful to think that with that mix you’re going to get a unanimous not guilty verdict given the video footage .

The concerns for the Floyd family would have been more a hung jury , unable to reach a verdict . The fact the verdict is in so soon suggests at least guilty on one of the three charges .

Rather sad that there's even doubt as to the verdict to be honest. Innocent until proven guilty of course, but about as close to an open and shut case as you can ever get. We've seen the evidence.

Hopefully the right result comes and America can begin to heal tonight.

Surely the jury can't find kneeling on someone's neck for nine minutes and twenty eight seconds until they die from asphyxiation to be "reasonable".

So ruddy ruddy brave.
    Prince Harry on the phone. Says “football got the idea of pissing off for the money and leaving everyone behind” from him. #SuperLeague

https://twitter.com/Queen_UK/status/1384594176684269569?s=20
    edited April 2021
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,835

Quick out of the blocks.
    Must be knackered from last night.
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,392
    Our rabbit has a vegan diet.

Except when he takes a bite out of me.

Anyone not keen on feeding their pet on meat should get a bunny or other small furry.
  • dixiedean said:

Quick out of the blocks.
    Milner set the lead last night.

dixiedean said:

Quick out of the blocks.
    Milner and Klopp both did. YNWA. 👍
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,835
    Let me guess.
    An elite group of countries to run the world and take all the money with no possibility of relegation?

Well done lads, a solid 24 hours late but well done.
    Nigelb said:

slade said:

TSE, OGH...

dixiedean said:

Quick out of the blocks.
    Such a special club!

They haven’t even pulled out yet.
  • Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    dixiedean said:

Let me guess.
    An elite group of countriesGLORIOUS PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA to run the world and take all the money with no possibility of relegation?
    Fixed it for you.
  • tlg86 said:

dixiedean said:

Quick out of the blocks.
    Such a special club!

You seem obsessed with Liverpool.

How many of your players have said anything?
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 14,878
    slade said:

Boycott, dickie bird, James Herriot (ok not really), Joe root, Fred Truman, those two triathletes...
    dixiedean said:

Let me guess.
    An elite group of countries to run the world and take all the money with no possibility of relegation?
    Yes but only in the middle of the week. Normal business on Saturdays.
  • Nigelb said:

slade said:

TSE, OGH...
    Mike's a Lancastrian.
    tlg86 said:

dixiedean said:

Quick out of the blocks.
    Such a special club!

The club is the fans, history, players and manager more than the current owners.

Was true under Hicks and Gillette, is true under FSG and will always be true.
  • sarissasarissa Posts: 1,749

sarissa said:

egospeedy.com
    tyresplusd.com
    mudpumpsm.top

The other issue is number spoofing is easily done these days.
    Yes - the call I received was spoofed to appear the same as the one on my credit card.
This discussion has been closed.