Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The GE2019 polling race: The pollsters ranked by the CON lead

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    saddened said:

ydoethur said:

DeClare said:

Can somebody remind me of a typical Leave seat to look out for early on, which will give an indication of how the Tories are doing?

Stoke Newington.
    You probably mean Stoke-on-Trent.

Stoke Newington is part of the Hackney North constituency in London, Dianne Abbot is the MP.
    I know. It was a wind-up. And CHB didn’t notice.
    Diane Abbott losing her seat would be very funny though and probably would indicate that the result is sub-optimal for the Labour Party.
    Speaking of the fragrant Dianne, this is the first mention of her during this campaign that I've seen. Seriously WTF

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7784881/Starting-wrong-foot-Labours-Diane-Abbott-appears-rushed-ODD-shoes.html
    You know that's a fake photo right? It's a photoshop.

Like I said, the Daily Mail makes up lies but because it's pro-Tory it gets a pass.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Andy_JS said:

I voted in a village hall at about 4pm, and for the first time didn't even take my polling card with me. Amazing how lax we are about ID in this country. In the United States you can't even buy a local train ticket without showing ID.

We don't have a history of actively segregating the population based on race that has had far reaching consequences still felt today
  • Options

Gabs3 said:

https://www.twitter.com/lucianaberger/status/1205097181486747648

Of course they want to go out their way to ensure the Jew doesn't get elected...

Tory Hold Berger out of a job
    You sound like you'd prefer that over a Tory losing his job.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,361

ydoethur said:

Brom said:

Andrew said:

I could really be on board with Boris losing his seat but Tory overall majority.

Hell yeah. Would be fun to see who they then picked as PM.
    He would stay as PM I guess and someone would step down in a safe seat
    I don't think you can have an unelected PM? Don't they have to be a Member of Parliament? Of Commons or Lords? Maybe they would elevate him quickly to the House of Lords.

However, I suspect the tory party would ditch him very fast.

All fun but fanciful at this stage.
    Alec Douglas Home was not a member of either house for a few weeks in 1963.

Patrick Gordon Walker was Foreign Secretary for four months in 1964-65 but not a member of either house.
    Oh my goodness don't mention Patrick Gordon Walker! Parachuting Boris into a safe seat might not work too well.
    Hopefully not!

But if he loses his seat he’ll be defenestrated faster than you say ‘you’ve buggered up the autocue you mophaired oaf.’
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,313

OK, time for my polling station story. Arrived 6.15ish with the rest of the after work commuter crowd. And crowd is the right word for it. There were at least 15 queueing when I arrived and 20 by the time I left. That must count as "brisk" in anyone's book.

The most exciting part was that the desks and booths were in reverse formation from last time.

Oh, and Wor Lass told me to stop slagging off Philip Davies within earshot of the other voters as we were stood in the queue.

Shame it wasn't within Philip Davies' earshot. Dreadful man.
  • Options
    Lib Dems are out knocking up in Kew tonight - now, at 8:30 - one of their safest wards of their 'nailed on' gain of Richmond Park and Kew.
  • Options

saddened said:

ydoethur said:

DeClare said:

Can somebody remind me of a typical Leave seat to look out for early on, which will give an indication of how the Tories are doing?

Stoke Newington.

Stoke Newington is part of the Hackney North constituency in London, Dianne Abbot is the MP.
    Diane Abbott losing her seat would be very funny though and probably would indicate that the result is sub-optimal for the Labour Party.
    Speaking of the fragrant Dianne, this is the first mention of her during this campaign that I've seen. Seriously WTF

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7784881/Starting-wrong-foot-Labours-Diane-Abbott-appears-rushed-ODD-shoes.html

Like I said, the Daily Mail makes up lies but because it's pro-Tory it gets a pass.
    It was originally Tweeted out by a Labour person.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

twitter.com/skwawkbox/status/1205220464274092042

Kind of chimes in

If it is close in Crewe, Tories aren't getting a majority.
    It is however Skwawkbox, who is infamous for his dishonesty and total fabrications.
    Just like the Daily Mail that has been posted here then?
    Well, yes. We have two thoroughly unreliable sources of news giving the same information. One of them has links to Fascist groups and he other is owned by Lord Rothermere...
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245

saddened said:

ydoethur said:

DeClare said:

Stoke Newington.

If it is Shopped, I'll quite happily withdraw. The scary thing is it seems believable for her.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,906
    Still to vote. Still to decide.
  • Options
    speedy2speedy2 Posts: 981
    edited December 2019
    ydoethur said:

speedy2 said:
    Presumably if London is resisting the Tory tide Jon Cruddas is safe in Dagenham?
    Nope.

If it's the inverse of 2017 and seats that voted less than 60% Remain swing towards the Conservatives then Dagenham should be a Conservative gain because it's a Leave seat if I'm correct.
  • Options
    Truro/Falmouth now 4-1 dropping by the minute. Ruth gripper (lib dem) stood down and no incumbent.
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,902
    Universal National Swing has well and truly joined the dodos.
  • Options

saddened said:

ydoethur said:

DeClare said:

Stoke Newington.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B58DqnrAAXG/

Here's the same photo. It's a fake.
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    Andy_JS said:

In the United States you can't even buy a local train ticket without showing ID.

Absolute bollocks.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,958
    Jonathan said:

I changed my mind at the last moment. Was going to vote for my second choice and switched to my first choice. Since it's a safe seat it won't matter.
  • Options
    Chameleon said:

If it's a Conservative majority of 40-60 then it would have been accurate yet again.
  • Options
    Chameleon said:

It always was for the birds...
  • Options
    saddened said:

saddened said:

ydoethur said:

DeClare said:

Stoke Newington.

If it is Shopped, I'll quite happily withdraw. The scary thing is it seems believable for her.
    Here's the same photo, not photoshopped, from her Instagram.

You're saying she posted two of the same photo?

• Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144
    edited December 2019
    LucyJones said:

Good evening, PBers.

Thought I'd add my voting experience to the mix.

Voted at around noon in Sevenoaks. The only person in the polling station, and squinting at the list of electors, looked like very few names crossed off by that point - perhaps 10% at a guess. Still, it's a Tory safe seat, so not of any significance.

Daughter voted in Canterbury today - she's at Kent University. It was quiet-ish in her polling station with a single Labour teller. On the campus, however, students were queueing up to vote and mostly going on about voting Labour, as you'd expect. So probably little chance of Anna Firth taking the seat, in line with the YouGov MRP.

Wasn't it like this on the campus in 2017 though? Depends how things have changed elsewhere in Canterbury.
  • Options
    rpjs said:

Andy_JS said:

In the United States you can't even buy a local train ticket without showing ID.

Absolute bollocks.
    Blimey. Why do they ask you to show those? Are the guards a bit, er, oversexed, shall we say?
  • Options
    NEW FRED!!
  • Options
    Marcus01 said:

Lib Dems are out knocking up in Kew tonight - now, at 8:30 - one of their safest wards of their 'nailed on' gain of Richmond Park and Kew.

Do you think it isn't quite as safe as they were hoping?
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483

Gabs3 said:

Of course they want to go out their way to ensure the Jew doesn't get elected...

He would
  • Options
    ReggieCideReggieCide Posts: 4,312

saddened said:

ydoethur said:

DeClare said:

Stoke Newington.

Here's the same photo. It's a fake.
    This one? What twats
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,314
    Con Maj 1.39
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    Jonathan said:

Do anything to stop Boris

Please :wink:
  • Options
    So, if BJ loses will he likely get appointed to the Lords before he forces a friendly Tory MP in a safe seat into retirement (perhaps going back to his old constituency)?
  • Options
    rpjs said:

Andy_JS said:

Absolute bollocks.
    I had to show ID when buying a train ticket from Boston's North Station to Salem a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    speedy2 said:

ydoethur said:

speedy2 said:
    Presumably if London is resisting the Tory tide Jon Cruddas is safe in Dagenham?
    Nope.

If it's the inverse of 2017 and seats that voted less than 60% Remain swing towards the Conservatives then Dagenham should be a Conservative gain because it's a Leave seat if I'm correct.
    You may well be right, but the wildly confident predictions of some of you PB Tories just demonstrates a positive mental attitude. I like that!.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

I predicted those five seats in London swapping earlier, I am feeling more confident now.

You’ve done over 2000 posts in short order. Shit sometimes sticks to the wall if you throw enough.
  • Options
    I'm off until the exit poll.
    A reminder here is my swingometer that you can print off and use in your own home:

• Options

saddened said:

ydoethur said:

DeClare said:

Stoke Newington.

The shoes might be photoshoped for the lolz. But not how ill she looks.
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    Andy_JS said:
    Can I remind you what happened the night of the Referendum? Even into the early hours.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:
    Can I remind you what happened the night of the Referendum? Even into the early hours.
    Yes. We disovered how many angry Bexiteers had come out to vote.

That what you mean?
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,715

saddened said:

ydoethur said:

DeClare said:

Stoke Newington.

It isn't a Photoshop. The alleged rebuttal uses a different picture, and the odd shoes appear in more than one piccie.

You shouldn't believe all these rebuttals you get off the internet :-)

https://www.ladbible.com/news/uk-mp-diane-abbott-photographed-wearing-two-odd-shoes-20191212
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

twitter.com/skwawkbox/status/1205220464274092042

Kind of chimes in

If it is close in Crewe, Tories aren't getting a majority.
    None of these silly little tweets mean anything. Labour may or may not be struggling in Crewe, or in Wrexham, or in Hull, or in any number of other places. We just don't know. It's all noise to fill the howling void whilst people twiddle their thumbs waiting nervously for the results. That's all.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

If you get there in time. I think at least you will know who you are not voting for.
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    Marcus01 said:

That’s because that’s what you do you can’t move every activist by order from high command you might just do it between adjacent council wards but it’s not normal.
  • Options
    moonshine said:

Any of you players changed your betting views yet? Robert still going for Boris to win bigly?

Nope, my betting position hasn’t changed for two weeks. I’m betting on 60 majority, but with insurance lower. A few individual seat bets that I’ve topped up as odds allowed.

But I’m a fun bettor only.
  • Options
    SunnyJimSunnyJim Posts: 1,106
    edited December 2019
    Something just happened?

Con maj just backed in to sub 1.4 and Labour under 206.5 has collapsed in.

Edit: And a spike up in GBP/USD at the same time.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,895
    speedy2 said:
    I know that is not true in Don Valley. No idea about other two
  • Options

saddened said:

saddened said:

ydoethur said:

DeClare said:

Stoke Newington.

Here's the same photo, not photoshopped, from her Instagram.

You're saying she posted two of the same photo?

If it is a photoshop it’s remarkably good given that her scarf is tied differently in the second.
  • Options
    speedy2 said:

Chameleon said:

If it's a Conservative majority of 40-60 then it would have been accurate yet again.
    Just because the errors cancel out doesn't mean that it's accurate would be my contention.
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    Andy_JS said:

rpjs said:

Andy_JS said:

Absolute bollocks.
    I had to show ID when buying a train ticket from Boston's North Station to Salem a couple of years ago.
    Were you paying at a ticket window with a non-US card? Sounds like they were just double-checking your ID against your card (I've had to show ID to use a non-Swedish card in a Stockholm department store, so it's not just the US).

I can assure you that you do not need to show ID to buy tickets on NYC area rail including Metro-North, the Long Island Railroad and New Jersey Transit. Quite a while since I last used the T (Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority) commuter rail but no need to show ID then either.
  • Options
    Sources (twitter journalists) Tories leading in Dagenham, Putney, Chingford, Wimbledon.
    Diverting resources to Battersea from Putney.
    Bishop Auckland is a ‘cast iron gain’. Rother Valley, Derby North, Bolsover and Bassetlaw will go blue.
    West Midlands - tough fight in Birmingham northfield and two Coventry seats.

Labour - Paul sweeney looks doomed in Glasgow northeast.
    Watford, Battersea, Uxbridge, Chingford, Enfield Finchley and Kensington are where they still are canvassing.
    Morecambe, High Peak, Pudsey, Grimsby vote holding up well.
    Stroud looks bad for labour due to split vote.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,715
    edited December 2019
    Off to buy popcorn.

More healthy than crisps.

Incidentally OT - if anyone is planning to hire any power tools, scaffold towers etc, at Christmas you get great deals and often the extra days free.
  • Options
    Amber Valley. Had a Conservative leaflet delivered sometime between 3:10PM and 7:00PM. Not unusual for this to happen on the day, it has happened before. Seems a bit pointless though, Nigel Mills will likely increase his majority to 5 figures. I had already voted in any case
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,961
    DavidL said:

Why the fuck does anyone in this benighted country ever travel by train? The useless bastards have delayed my train so that I won’t be at home by the exit poll. I hate them. Yes I may have had a drink. But it does not excuse their incompetence.

Amen
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    rpjs said:

Andy_JS said:

Absolute bollocks.
    Local ticket of course not. Amtrak requires it though.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,895

Gabs3 said:

No i would prefer the Tories to lose
  • Options
    BONG minus 1 hour!
This discussion has been closed.