Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Welcome to the Looking-Glass

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,214
    Great header!

Today Johnson is king of the hill, fortune has shone brightly on him. He dared and he won. However his tomcat morality and profligate spending from the public purse will see that change, maybe next week, next month, next year or next decade, but fall he will and like no Prime Minister before him.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,074
    Matt Hancock is struggling to defend the deal on Question Time.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    New thread.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,012
    edited October 2019
    GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:
    That 40% seems kind of low given that it is probably only going to go down as the details of the deal are better understood and the initial relief dissipates.
    40% gives a Tory landslide with the Remain vote split, even 30% likely means Tories most seats again
    What's your view on the general election now?
    40% for the Boris Deal compared to 25% for May's Deal is great for Boris and his chances of a Tory majority
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,012
    Alistair said:

rcs1000 said:

There's another Iowa poll out...

And it's giving exactly the same message as the last two:

Biden 23%
    Warren 23%
    Buttigieg 16%
    Sanders 13%

Buttigieg is on the way up, Warren is still rising but but not at a great rate, and Biden and Sanders are slipping.

Ah rebe that far off time when Biden was polling at 50% and some on here were proclaiming it was completely 100% definetly going to be Biden and we were idiots for suggesting it would be anyone else.

If wonder what hyufenned to them?
    I said Biden was the best choice to beat Trump, I have also said for months the Democrats will now pick Warren and Trump will be re elected
  • Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,932
    DavidL said:

stodge said:

Pulpstar said:

18-24 yr olds 32-29 Johnson

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. That's quite funny.

I trust Boris has his slot on the Pyramid Stage next year?
    Sentiment can change and change quickly. Your man be on top of the world now but in 6 months he could be seriously unpopular.

Nothing lasts forever.
    Except cold November rain, of course.
    and possibly plastic.
  • Options

Matt Hancock is struggling to defend being Hatt Mancock on Question Time.

• Options

Y0kel said:

Good evening from the Special Administrative Region of Northern Ireland

One country, two systems

Arlene = Carrie Lam?
    Carrie Lambeg
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,818
    +++BETTING POST+++

Following my policy on betting transparency, please be advised that I have today staked £250 with PaddyPower on "No Deal in 2019" at 4/1. #BigBoyPants

This is an insurance bet: it is not intended to win (I hope it doesn't!), it is intended to compensate for the outcome.

As you know, I wish to preserve my wealth (it's very small, don't worry) against a currency crash. My method is to open up non-sterling currency accounts and move money into it, but that proved problematic (transfer costs, online banking failures, sterling has risen). Since an insurance policy shouldn't need an insurance policy of its own, I started to look for alternatives. This is one of them.

A £250 bet at 4/1 wins £1000. If the currency crashes 20%, then £5000 is only worth £4000: a loss of £1000. So we can see that the £250 bet at 4/1 preserves the value of the £5000. No muss, no fuss, and the losses are capped at £250 instead of £1000.

Thank you to all who took part in the discussion last night about which bet was the best for this.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,818

Y0kel said:

Good evening from the Special Administrative Region of Northern Ireland

One country, two systems

Arlene = Carrie Lam?
    That's a bloody awful anagram
This discussion has been closed.