Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Now three CON MPs defect to the TIGers

Comments

• Options
    _Anazina__Anazina_ Posts: 1,810

Sarah Wollaston also good.

The optics of all these intelligent women leaving parties full of braying shouty wankers isn't lost on me, and won't be on lots of female voters.

Allez, Les Tigresses!
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941
    dixiedean said:

Would it be fair to name them the Moderate Independent Liberal Faction?

LOL 😂
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    GIN1138 said:

The optics of all these intelligent women leaving parties full of braying shouty wankers isn't lost on me, and won't be on lots of female voters.

Yet they all refuse to call by elections and allow their constituents to have their say on their decision?
    Give it a rest you tedious man child.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,905
    MaxPB said:

Outside of Europe, Allen and Soubry are pretty Conservative and agree with the party on almost every other issue.

Hopefully the PM gets the deal through in the next few weeks and we can finally see the back of the party split on Europe.

Would Con take them back after they've left?
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,797
    edited February 2019
    Brom said:

_Anazina_ said:

Good speech by Allen. Those who consider her mere window dressing are missing a trick.

Correct. She's much less than that.
    You'll be sticking with the party full of " braying shouty wankers", then ?

Or perhaps just the golf club boorish manchilds ?
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Yet they all refuse to call by elections and allow their constituents to have their say on their decision?
    If one does then it becomes hard for the rest to resist, and that will dissuade other MPs from jumping.
  • Options
    SunnyJimSunnyJim Posts: 1,106
    I hope that once Brexit is done the Conservative party will accept Soubry and Allen back.
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    GIN1138 said:

Exactly, you have posters like Anazina trying to take them seriously, but outside the Europhile bubble their constituents will look at them as cowards who are taking hypocrisy to new levels if they dont force a by-election. They make Mark Reckless look dignified in comparison.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,899
    Roger said:

Heidi Alllen VERY impressive. I'd vote for her!

She'll be an excellent leader for this new group

Heidi Allen much the best of the 3 here

Much better than the Angela Smiths Mike Gapes Joan Ryans who offer nothing
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,000
    GIN1138 said:

MaxPB said:

Outside of Europe, Allen and Soubry are pretty Conservative and agree with the party on almost every other issue.

Hopefully the PM gets the deal through in the next few weeks and we can finally see the back of the party split on Europe.

Carswell wasn't let back in.
  • Options
    Anna Soubry laying it all out. Must be cathartic.
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,880
    Soubry not holding back. This press conference is absolutely excoriating May.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,896
    All three Tory women good. Most unlike the archetypal Tory.

This new grouping couldn't have found better recruits.

They're going to be quite a contrast to the Rees Moggs and George Galloways that the old parties seem to be embracing
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038

viewcode said:

I know it seems a bit of an outlandish suggestion, but is it possible that the TIGgers actually know what they are doing and have a coherent plan?

Pause.

Thinks.

Do you know, that's a bloody good question. Well done you. I have no idea... :(
    Maybe it seems the giant majority commanded by Blair is now being seen as the only way to get the centre back in power. Moderate Tories and Blairite Labour joining forces. Possibly a sensible leader off of a giant majority.
    I don't think Jess Phillips is a Blairite ... if she leaves too, that is. All I know is that to a lot of my left-wing friends she talks far more sense than Milne, McDonnell or Corbyn; they'd like either her or Thornberry to be in charge.

In 'the other place', can we now expect Lords Heseltine, Gummer and Patten to resign and sit as cross-benchers?
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,045
    Very impressed with Heidi Allen...

Still can't decide whether TIG will be a flash in the pan or truly transform politics...
  • Options

She is a very honest sensible and grown up person. This is the time to listen...

Brexit is fucked.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,429
    Brom said:

GIN1138 said:

Exactly, you have posters like Anazina trying to take them seriously, but outside the Europhile bubble their constituents will look at them as cowards who are taking hypocrisy to new levels if they dont force a by-election. They make Mark Reckless look dignified in comparison.
    No responsible parliamentarian can resign their seat at a time when our country's future hangs in the balance. End of.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Lets hope Soubry's integrity extends to giving her constituents a vote now the facts about their mp have changed.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

GIN1138 said:

MaxPB said:

Carswell didn't ask. He stood down at the election following Brexit.
  • Options
    BlUKIP from Soubry but i see her as a bit of a one issue Tigger unlike Allen and Woolaston
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Would it be fair to name them the Moderate Independent Liberal Faction?

Those initials would invite confusion with the Moro Islamic Liberation Front
  • Options
    Respect for Soubry, 'infiltrated by Blue Kip Right Wingers!' She has just realised after 30 years
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    murali_s said:

Very impressed with Heidi Allen...

Still can't decide whether TIG will be a flash in the pan or truly transform politics...

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1098216069012041729
  • Options

Cookie said:

I know it seems a bit of an outlandish suggestion, but is it possible that the TIGgers actually know what they are doing and have a coherent plan?

They seem to. It all looks strikingly coordinated so far, as does a lot of the media commentary coming from pre-defectors, eg:

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1098203877537652736
    "I was born Labour and I thought I'd die Labour" - this sort of thing puts me right off. Makes it sound like a religion.
    But for a some people, party politics is exactly that and why leaving is such a massive decision.
    Mostly for men. Hence the TIGs so far are mostly female.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Brom said:

GIN1138 said:

No responsible parliamentarian can resign their seat at a time when our country's future hangs in the balance. End of.
    That's their excuse but let's be honest it's because they're lacking in integrity. If they cared about their country over their careers they could have left weeks or months ago.
  • Options
    SunnyJim said:

Lets hope Soubry's integrity extends to giving her constituents a vote now the facts about their mp have changed.

Could you post this 50 more times, please? Just in case anyone missed the first 50 times you've posted it.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,004
    ERG unwilling to put a spokesman up for WATO. Truly the ends of days when they refuse a chance to spout off.
  • Options
    Blimey. Soubry just appealed for Lib Dems to join TIG.
  • Options
    matt said:

GIN1138 said:

So you have no answer to his point. I thought this bunch were all about second votes on things when the circumstances change.
  • Options

Respect for Soubry, 'infiltrated by Blue Kip Right Wingers!' She has just realised after 30 years

Anyone know which side the Conservatives For Palmer have ended up?
  • Options

Carswell and Reckless called by-elections.
  • Options

SunnyJim said:

Could you post this 50 more times, please? Just in case anyone missed the first 50 times you've posted it.
    Please provide evidence of a SINGLE other instance of me posting this.

Or alternatively try paying a little more attention to who is posting what.

Cretin.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,205
    dixiedean said:

ERG unwilling to put a spokesman up for WATO. Truly the ends of days when they refuse a chance to spout off.

I think Napoleon had a comment on this...
  • Options
    matt said:

GIN1138 said:

A sign of losing the argument. They know full well what hypocrites TIG look like. It might appeal to their myopic base but there are no legitimate reasons to not hold a by-election if they wish to be taken seriously as politicians.
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414
    Pulpstar said:

GIN1138 said:

MaxPB said:

Churchill was though, sort of.

Has anyone else ever successfully re-ratted while an MP? (I can think of some who have subsequently, like Baroness Nicholson).
  • Options
    PClippPClipp Posts: 2,138
    GIN1138 said:

Not much point, if we are going to have a general election forced on us later this year.
  • Options
    Brom said:

IanB2 said:

Brom said:

GIN1138 said:

That's their excuse but let's be honest it's because they're lacking in integrity. If they cared about their country over their careers they could have left weeks or months ago.
    Clearly you have your own agenda.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

BlUKIP from Soubry but i see her as a bit of a one issue Tigger unlike Allen and Woolaston

Surely its The Remainer Independent Group.

Or Trig as in Fools and Horses : "alwight Dave ?"
  • Options

matt said:

GIN1138 said:

So you have no answer to his point. I thought this bunch were all about second votes on things when the circumstances change.
    Their aim is precisely to change the circumstances before doing so.
  • Options

viewcode said:

Pause.

Thinks.

Do you know, that's a bloody good question. Well done you. I have no idea... :(
    Maybe it seems the giant majority commanded by Blair is now being seen as the only way to get the centre back in power. Moderate Tories and Blairite Labour joining forces. Possibly a sensible leader off of a giant majority.
    I don't think Jess Phillips is a Blairite ... if she leaves too, that is. All I know is that to a lot of my left-wing friends she talks far more sense than Milne, McDonnell or Corbyn; they'd like either her or Thornberry to be in charge.

In 'the other place', can we now expect Lords Heseltine, Gummer and Patten to resign and sit as cross-benchers?
    Disliking Corbyn and forming a centrist party is surely about as Blairite as its possible to be. Chuka Umanna has been planning this since 2010!
  • Options

She is a very honest sensible and grown up person. This is the time to listen...

Brexit is fucked.
    She is a hypocritical liar.
  • Options
    Heidi making the somewhat spurious claim that they didn't see this coming from Chuka on Monday and just fell in today!
  • Options
    Brom said:

IanB2 said:

Brom said:

GIN1138 said:

Let's be honest, you would only be satisfied if they were to adopt tactics of deliberate self-sabotage.
  • Options

There is also quite a significant chance that Tom Watson will lead a huge block of MPs out in due course.

Trying to put myself in Tom Watson's shoes I think I can see three potential futures.

1. TIG emulates the SDP closely. It damages Labour, but not sufficiently to replace it, handing the Tories a landslide majority and at least another decade in government. However, the experience is chastening for Labour, which comes to its senses, puts its house in order and manages to bring moderate left politics back into government.

2. As for 1, but the Corbynites retain a death grip on the Labour Party. This prevents any revival on the Centre-Left indefinitely.

3. TIG manages to eclipse the Labour Party to present an alternative government to the Conservatives that is at least a hair's breadth less right-wing - but it is not one with close ties to the unions and this probably leads to the overall balance of politics shifting to the right.

Clearly Tom Watson would like to see some variation on 1 happen - albeit as quickly as possible, rather than taking 16 years from split to government. 2 is the nightmare scenario. The risk for Tom Watson is that his leading a chunk of MPs out of the party makes 2 more likely - by weakening the moderates within Labour - while 3 is still only an outside shot.

I think the more likely course is that Tom Watson continues to pursue 1, though perhaps with more vigour. Perhaps he would table a no confidence vote in Corbyn's leadership, arguing that he had failed to prevent anti-semitism from driving out Labour MPs. One last attempt to save the Party.
  • Options
    Problem for Tiggers is their voting records are public record

Heidi Allen has joined today.

Heidi sheds tears for the poor and disabled people, saying she’s “had enough”.

Heidi voted to cut benefits 16 times.

And she’s the one that’s had enough?
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Brom said:

IanB2 said:

Brom said:

GIN1138 said:

Clearly you have your own agenda.
    My agenda is that MPs work for the public. I guess your agenda is MPs work for only themselves.
  • Options

Brexit is fucked.
    Clearly has you rattled, Richard.
  • Options

Yawn
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

matt said:

GIN1138 said:

The circumstances have already changed. Wollaston and Soubry stood in 2017 explicitly on supporting Brexit. They have then voted against a Brexit Deal and now use that as an excuse to oppose Brexit entirely. I mean I know MPs are not the most honest of people but these two really are utter hypocrites.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,004

Kind of. Still more joy in heaven and all that.
  • Options
    notme2notme2 Posts: 1,006
    edited February 2019

The people who turn up to conservative association AGMs always are and always have been a bit like that. When Cameron introduced gay marriage a lot buggered off, and since some have come back.

They are antagonistic and forthright, but they do not participate in the running of associations. Conservative associations are not like constituency Labour Party groups. Policy is rarely discussed, motions are not passed. What’s different here is that Brexit has muddled the mind. And on this one issue there is little room for compromise.

The Conservative party is not a participatory party. MPs like Soubry will be getting grief on the streets of her constituency, not just in her association.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Brom said:

IanB2 said:

Brom said:

GIN1138 said:

Let's be honest, you would only be satisfied if they were to adopt tactics of deliberate self-sabotage.
    If they all won by-elections I'd hold my hand up and say this was a credible party that might hold the balance of power. But it's easy to see why they look rather frit at this moment.
  • Options

There is also quite a significant chance that Tom Watson will lead a huge block of MPs out in due course.

Trying to put myself in Tom Watson's shoes I think I can see three potential futures.

1. TIG emulates the SDP closely. It damages Labour, but not sufficiently to replace it, handing the Tories a landslide majority and at least another decade in government. However, the experience is chastening for Labour, which comes to its senses, puts its house in order and manages to bring moderate left politics back into government.

2. As for 1, but the Corbynites retain a death grip on the Labour Party. This prevents any revival on the Centre-Left indefinitely.

3. TIG manages to eclipse the Labour Party to present an alternative government to the Conservatives that is at least a hair's breadth less right-wing - but it is not one with close ties to the unions and this probably leads to the overall balance of politics shifting to the right.

Clearly Tom Watson would like to see some variation on 1 happen - albeit as quickly as possible, rather than taking 16 years from split to government. 2 is the nightmare scenario. The risk for Tom Watson is that his leading a chunk of MPs out of the party makes 2 more likely - by weakening the moderates within Labour - while 3 is still only an outside shot.

I think the more likely course is that Tom Watson continues to pursue 1, though perhaps with more vigour. Perhaps he would table a no confidence vote in Corbyn's leadership, arguing that he had failed to prevent anti-semitism from driving out Labour MPs. One last attempt to save the Party.
    And we overlook the human angle at our peril. The risk for a lot of ambitious younger Labour MPs is now that they'll be a lot older by the time Labour recovers from this body blow.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

GIN1138 said:

MaxPB said:

Churchill was though, sort of.

Has anyone else ever successfully re-ratted while an MP? (I can think of some who have subsequently, like Baroness Nicholson).
    Paul Marsden.
  • Options
    notme2 said:

The people who turn up to conservative association AGMs always are and always have been a bit like that. When Cameron introduced gay marriage a lot buggered off, and since some have come back.

They are antagonistic and forthright, but they do not participate in the running of associations. Conservative associations are not like constituency Labour Party groups. Policy is rarely discussed, motions are not passed. What’s different here is that Brexit has muddled the mind. And on this one issue there is little room for compromise.

The Conservative party is not a participatory party. MPs like Soubry will be getting grief on the streets of her constituency, not just in her association.
    Once again, Cammo is to blame. He recognised the problem, but didn't have the staying power to deal with it.
  • Options

If that is what the TIGgers wanted, maybe they should have remembered Corbyn is even older than Mike Gapes and just waited for him to step down.
  • Options
    Brom said:

Nigelb said:

Brom said:

IanB2 said:

Brom said:

GIN1138 said:

If they all won by-elections I'd hold my hand up and say this was a credible party that might hold the balance of power. But it's easy to see why they look rather frit at this moment.
    Don't underestimate that they seem to be thrilling almost universally the entire metro-media luvvie set.

It's Cleggasm II - with frilly Remain knickers.
  • Options

Quite agree with this.

Same with Soubry.

These are unashamed flag wavers for austerity.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Brom said:

Nigelb said:

Brom said:

IanB2 said:

Brom said:

GIN1138 said:

Don't underestimate that they seem to be thrilling almost universally the entire metro-media luvvie set.

No hard questions from the media, TIG are the party run by the media for the media. I'm certain they'll be making huge waves outside the M25 with their own unique brand of hypocrisy.
  • Options

Nigelb said:

matt said:

GIN1138 said:

The circumstances have already changed. Wollaston and Soubry stood in 2017 explicitly on supporting Brexit. They have then voted against a Brexit Deal and now use that as an excuse to oppose Brexit entirely. I mean I know MPs are not the most honest of people but these two really are utter hypocrites.
    Surely by leaving the party they have resolved some of that problem Richard?
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,014
    edited February 2019
    Nigelb said:

Brexit is fucked.
    Nah. I have been saying exactly this about both of them (Soubry and Wollaston) ever since the election. Compare and contrast with a man of integrity (one of the very few MPs I would apply that to) like Ken Clarke. Knows what he stood for, stood on that basis and was honest with his constituents and then has voted accordingly ever since. That is integrity and even though I disagree with him on the main issue I think it will be a sad day when he leaves Parliament.

I will raise a toast when Soubry is kicked out.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

And we overlook the human angle at our peril. The risk for a lot of ambitious younger Labour MPs is now that they'll be a lot older by the time Labour recovers from this body blow.
    Which would explain why Tristram Hunt and Jamie Reed jumped ship and a few who stood down in 2017.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    I've read it three times and filed it under sentences with too many clauses for one tweet.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Brexit is fucked.
    Yep. As I said this week, we could be seeing the start of the death of Brexit.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,333
    philiph said:

How about a different approach. 2nd referendum and GE on the same day (set for 6 months or so)?

That could be more appealing for TM

That is something I have not contemplated at all. 2 immediate thoughts -

- it would involve a GE campaign lasting 6 months.
    - the Cons would not let TM fight it because they would have the time to replace her.
  • Options
    Brom said:

TGOHF said:

Brom said:

Nigelb said:

Brom said:

IanB2 said:

Brom said:

GIN1138 said:

No hard questions from the media, TIG are the party run by the media for the media. I'm certain they'll be making huge waves outside the M25 with their own unique brand of hypocrisy.
    It's terrible news for Corbyn - which makes it difficult not to be at worst ambivalent about.

It's no threat to Brexit either - these ultras were never helping.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,000
    Brom said:

TGOHF said:

Brom said:

Nigelb said:

Brom said:

IanB2 said:

Brom said:

GIN1138 said:

They'll shortly have an opportunity to test themselves in the Newport West by-election.
  • Options
    Brom said:

TGOHF said:

Brom said:

Nigelb said:

Brom said:

IanB2 said:

Brom said:

GIN1138 said:

Wow. The media conspiracy paranoia bile spouts up after just two and a half days.

The Tiggers must be on to a winner.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Nigelb said:

Brexit is fucked.
    If the betting websites are to be believed looks like quite the opposite. If the main opposition to Brexit within the Tory party leave then there is far less pressure on May for a 2nd referendum.
  • Options

IanB2 said:

Which would explain why Tristram Hunt and Jamie Reed jumped ship and a few who stood down in 2017.
    And why I think Streeting will jump, despite what he is saying now. He's led the campaign against anti-semitism within Labour, and has just lost a load of his allies.
  • Options
    Anna doubling down on the righteousness of austerity.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited February 2019
    _Anazina_ said:

Brom said:

TGOHF said:

Brom said:

Nigelb said:

Brom said:

IanB2 said:

Brom said:

GIN1138 said:

Wow. The media conspiracy paranoia bile spouts up after just two and a half days.

Well yesterday the true believers were pushing a false narrative about the Tiggers using tax havens (because they don't understand how the internet works) and of course Israeli funding.
  • Options
    _Anazina_ said:

Brom said:

TGOHF said:

Brom said:

Nigelb said:

Brom said:

IanB2 said:

Brom said:

GIN1138 said:

Whoosh, right over your head again.
  • Options

If that is what the TIGgers wanted, maybe they should have remembered Corbyn is even older than Mike Gapes and just waited for him to step down.
    But look at the membership. Why would Labour's next leader be much different from the current one. As long as the far left retain a grip on Labour, the methods and attitudes that come with the far left will be tolerated within the party - and if it lasts long enough, will develop into the normal culture.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091

To be fair, she has stuck her neck out on welfare issues a few times over the years and gone against the party, and I feel like she's genuinely been changing her mind as she saw more of the "real world".

It's Soubry who'll be the issue, since she doesn't seem to have remotely changed her mind on anything, and has left behind a whole load of videos from Question Time and the like with her cheerleading for various Tory austerity policies.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Nigelb said:

Brexit is fucked.
    Brexit will die once we experience a few weeks of sustained No Deal.
  • Options

Ha. She just used the actual Lib Dem slogan: "The United Kingdom deserves better"!

A rare example of the Lib Dems being right.
  • Options

Quite agree with this.

Same with Soubry.

Agreed. The whole lot of them shaped the great austerity blag, bet the Evening Standard supports them. Is it terribly unfair to liken this to the day Rudolph Hess crash landed in Scotland while apologising for the role of his nation in the war?
  • Options

Nigelb said:

matt said:

GIN1138 said:

Surely by leaving the party they have resolved some of that problem Richard?
    Nope. It is their constituents they should be answering to and serving not the party.
  • Options
    Heidi Allen stuck a much better tone than Soubry.
  • Options

Quite agree with this.

Same with Soubry.

Agreed. The whole lot of them shaped the great austerity blag, bet the Evening Standard supports them. Is it terribly unfair to liken this to the day Rudolph Hess crash landed in Scotland while apologising for the role of his nation in the war?
    We welcome you newbie Corbynites to the site.
  • Options

But look at the membership. Why would Labour's next leader be much different from the current one. As long as the far left retain a grip on Labour, the methods and attitudes that come with the far left will be tolerated within the party - and if it lasts long enough, will develop into the normal culture.

I do think it's fair to say that a lot of Corbyn's vote is personal rather than ideological. The reason he has not already stepped down from a job he clearly hates is that there is no obvious successor from his wing of the party.

• Options
    notme2notme2 Posts: 1,006

Quite agree with this.

Same with Soubry.

Austerity seems to have been a fairly big success. Adult poverty down, child poverty down, pensioner poverty down, unemployment lowest since 1970, employment highest since same.
  • Options
    SunnyJim said:

Anna doubling down on the righteousness of austerity.

That must turn a lot of Centrists off surely
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    I've read it three times and filed it under sentences with too many clauses for one tweet.
    I think it says the voters are making themselves look ridiculous.

I don't think it's meant to though..
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

To be fair, she has stuck her neck out on welfare issues a few times over the years and gone against the party, and I feel like she's genuinely been changing her mind as she saw more of the "real world".

It's Soubry who'll be the issue, since she doesn't seem to have remotely changed her mind on anything, and has left behind a whole load of videos from Question Time and the like with her cheerleading for various Tory austerity policies.
    Indeed
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Quite agree with this.

Same with Soubry.

This was meant from both sides. I voted Milliband, Burnham and Smith so question your assumption of Corbynism. Also i've been lurking and posting since 2010 so not quite a newbie
  • Options

I do think it's fair to say that a lot of Corbyn's vote is personal rather than ideological. The reason he has not already stepped down from a job he clearly hates is that there is no obvious successor from his wing of the party.

Have you joined, yet, SO? Surely you must tell us that you have.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited February 2019
    Seems Javid has at least one fan for his decision...

https://twitter.com/amirkingkhan/status/1098135153698689026
  • Options

IanB2 said:

Quite agree with this.

Same with Soubry.

This was meant from both sides. I voted Milliband, Burnham and Smith so question your assumption of Corbynism. Also i've been lurking and posting since 2010 so not quite a newbie
    Looking forward to your next post some time in mid-March?
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    IanB2 said:

Have you joined, yet, SO? Surely you must tell us that you have.
    I thought it wasn't possible to join yet.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

I think this is Westminster bubble stuff. I've no doubt that the Corbynite social media cheerleaders will happily tweet and share this stuff but will it cut through to the general public? I doubt it.

Besides, Corbyn is an antisemitic-tolerating friend of terrorists so the "you've done iffy things in the past" isn't a cost-free card to play.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    The first polls would seem to indicate another 1983 situation, with the Tories only losing a small amount of support to the new grouping.
  • Options
    2 other policies stumps Soubry

Woolaston burning injustices is a good one
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.