Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Opinium sees the Tory lead up 10% in a week to 19%. Labour are

SystemSystem Posts: 11,693
edited April 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Opinium sees the Tory lead up 10% in a week to 19%. Labour are on course for an absolute hammering if the polls are right

New @OpiniumResearch

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,025
    First!
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,315
    edited April 2017
    I'm guessing about fifth, like UKIP.

But I might be third like the Jezziah's party!

Edit - second! ''Tis an omen for Labour...
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,919
    edited April 2017
    Second! Third!

Good to know that last week's 9% lead was the outlier we generally thought it was at the time.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,858
    If they are right.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

J don't want to sound cynical but have not Opinium just looked at other pollsters and decided they had better move theirs more into line but thought they would look a bit better if they still kept them at the extreme ends of the other pollsters figures .

It is interesting that there was a sudden pre=announcement jump from the other pollsters, and now Opinium has had a post announcement jump.
    tlg86 said:

Do you think they've changed the rules on this since last June? I do wonder why someone who's lived here for 25 years hasn't applied for British citizenship - did they not want to vote in our elections?
    It's not a requirement that people make such a firm choice. The facts will be very interesting, as it seems a strange decision, but headlines/initial reports on these things so often turn out to be more complicated.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,310
    edited April 2017
    Sixth, like SLab ?

The more I read about the adjustments the polling companies are making this time to adjust for the errors in the adjustments they think they might have made the last time, the more I wonder whether any of them actually have a clue?
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    Is there even a mechanism to depose Corbyn once Parliament is dissolved?

After that point, there are no longer any Labour MPs. Is that situation accounted for in the rule book?
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,273
    Oh please tell me Labour are going to come third!!!
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,193
    kle4 said:

J don't want to sound cynical but have not Opinium just looked at other pollsters and decided they had better move theirs more into line but thought they would look a bit better if they still kept them at the extreme ends of the other pollsters figures .

It is interesting that there was a sudden pre=announcement jump from the other pollsters, and now Opinium has had a post announcement jump.
    tlg86 said:

Do you think they've changed the rules on this since last June? I do wonder why someone who's lived here for 25 years hasn't applied for British citizenship - did they not want to vote in our elections?
    It's not a requirement that people make such a firm choice. The facts will be very interesting, as it seems a strange decision, but headlines/initial reports on these things so often turn out to be more complicated.
    I don't know much about the process, but an American I was at uni with was able to do it successfully not so long ago.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

Opinium don't herd, they didn't do so doing the EU Referendum, where they accurately predicted a Leave victory.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,984
    Just rejoice at that news... :D
  • Options
    timmotimmo Posts: 1,469
    Not for the first time Mr Senior doesnt want to believe what he is being told.
    We will see
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,783
    No doubt for reasons of space TSE left this bit out:

May and chancellor Philip Hammond are now trusted by more voters (49%) to run the nation’s finances well than those who trusted David Cameron and George Osborne to do so ahead of the 2015 election (42%). Trust in Corbyn and shadow chancellor John McDonnell to run the economy well is at 15% lower than it was for Ed Miliband and Ed Balls ahead of the 2015 election (21%).

Running the economy - Tory vs Labour
    2015 : 42 : 21
    2017 : 49 : 15
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,315
    The Alliance briefly moved ahead of Labour in the polls in 1983 at the end of the campaign, which presaged an impressive 25% in the national vote (admittedly one poll in 1981 put them on 50%).

To suggest many more news cycles like the last few will see them do something similar if even this unfavourable pollster puts them on a 60% increase is not unrealistic.

However, even if they poll ahead of Labour on Election Day unless Labour dip to 12% they will still be second in terms of seats unless UNS breaks down under that sort of stress.
  • Options
    BromptonautBromptonaut Posts: 1,113
    FPT:
    tlg86 said:

Oh, I don't know. Maybe she was legally allowed to be here under some kind of supra-national citizenship that meant she didn't need to bother with all that bureaucracy and could just get on with a purposeful life free from the overweening intrusion of the state?
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited April 2017
    Time to believe the polls.

I've sold Lab & bought Con seats at spreadex, for a moderate stake.

Do we have tables? What's the breakdown with C2DE's?
  • Options
    edited April 2017

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

Opinium don't herd, they didn't do so doing the EU Referendum, where they accurately predicted a Leave victory.
    Maybe the public are herding?:)
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820

Is there even a mechanism to depose Corbyn once Parliament is dissolved?

After that point, there are no longer any Labour MPs. Is that situation accounted for in the rule book?

Ha! Clever point - there are of course still MEPs.

Perhaps you should email Tom Watson!
  • Options

FPT:

tlg86 said:

Oh, I don't know. Maybe she was legally allowed to be here under some kind of supra-national citizenship that meant she didn't need to bother with all that bureaucracy and could just get on with a purposeful life free from the overweening intrusion of the state?
    And more than likely she'll be able to continue to live here after Brexit. So what's the problem?
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,833
    Blimey...
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited April 2017
    May on hearing the new poll...

• Options

FPT:

tlg86 said:

No doubt the story is more complicated than the 140 character tweet implies.
  • Options

May and chancellor Philip Hammond are now trusted by more voters (49%) to run the nation’s finances well than those who trusted David Cameron and George Osborne to do so ahead of the 2015 election (42%). Trust in Corbyn and shadow chancellor John McDonnell to run the economy well is at 15% lower than it was for Ed Miliband and Ed Balls ahead of the 2015 election (21%).

That's good, but it hardly speaks poorly of Cameron and Osborne - look who May and Hammond are up against! It ain't no Miliband and Balls.
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    timmo said:

We will see

I have not said I disbelieve the other polls , I just disbelieve that this Opinium poll and the movements from the last one are genuine . Clearly if this poll and the previous Opinium poll are correct then all the other pollsters last polls were wrong
  • Options

I wrote this thread on short notice from Mike, whilst watching Spurs choke again.
  • Options
    rogerhrogerh Posts: 282
    If Opinium have a 4% increase for the Lib Dems and this was repeated with You Gov then 15-16% could be their new polling figure.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,370
    edited April 2017
    Betting question team -

I put £5 e/w 1/5th the odds on a horse on the Betfair Exchange odds of Decimal 13.

The horse was placed. They paid out £7 profit plus returned my stake.

I think they should have paid out £12 profit plus returned my stake.

My calcs:

13 = 12/1
    12/1 x 1/5th the odds = 2.4
    Therefore they should have paid me (2.4 x £5) + £5 = £17.

Instead they paid me ([2.4-1] x £5) +£5 = £12.

Surely can't be right? Or can it?

Edit: if wrong, has Betfair been systematically doing this since they started offering e/w betting?
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,336
    How much longer can Labour hold second in share of the vote?
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

FPT:

tlg86 said:

And more than likely she'll be able to continue to live here after Brexit. So what's the problem?
    The problem is there's no guarantee of that and the family life she's led for a quarter of a century may be destroyed. I'm surprised you can't see that.

Perhaps like many in this place you need a course of empathy injections.
  • Options

FPT:

tlg86 said:

Oh, I don't know.
    You don't know.

But know enough to call it indefensible.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    If the poll ratings for the blue team are only due to a honeymoon period, why after nine months do they just keep getting bigger?
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124

timmo said:

We will see

I have not said I disbelieve the other polls , I just disbelieve that this Opinium poll and the movements from the last one are genuine . Clearly if this poll and the previous Opinium poll are correct then all the other pollsters last polls were wrong
    Or, more likely, last one n outlier.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

This poll is going to make my morning thread look a bit daft.

Précis - Very shortly there will be a general election in which the Tories will barely increase their majority.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,994
    PBers may recall I made a list of Roman emperors to compare Cameron to based on his election result in 2015 (before it was known, of course). He ended up, due to shock majority, as Trajan, I think.

This time, I've put together a list of Roman battlefield batterings for Labour. In order of most terrible to least, preceded by seat changes:

-70 Cannae
    -60 Arausio
    -50 Teutoberg Forest
    -40 Carrhae
    -30 Lake Trasimene

If it's not too bad:
    -20 Asculum
    -10 Heraclea

And, if Labour actually increase their seat numbers:
    +10 Zela
    +20 Tigranocerta
    +30 Zama
  • Options

FPT:

tlg86 said:

Oh, I don't know.
    You don't know.

But know enough to call it indefensible.
    It's called irony. It's a linguistic device, very popular I'm told. You should try it.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    RobD said:

FPT:

tlg86 said:

Recall the Northern Singaporean Granny who'd lived here for 30 years a couple of years being suddenly deported after two years and who didn't have any family in Singapore so stayed with her sister in Singapore?
  • Options

tlg86 said:

FPT:

tlg86 said:

The problem is there's no guarantee of that and the family life she's led for a quarter of a century may be destroyed. I'm surprised you can't see that.

We won't be deporting anybody, of that I am sure. The Germans and the rest of the EU... I'm not so sure.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    Do any bookies other than Betfair/Paddy have constituency markets up yet?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,075
    New 'Isidewith' general election survey out, I got 73% Tory, 55% UKIP, 51% Labour, 48% DUP
    http://uk.isidewith.com/results/3104737079
  • Options

tlg86 said:

FPT:

tlg86 said:

Empathy has been expressed, along with wanting to see the facts before reaching a conclusion, you could try doing the same before getting morally superior?
  • Options
    I took part in this poll.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071

FPT:

tlg86 said:

Yes, you are probably right - some foreign overseas unelected and unaccountable body seem to have allowed her to bypass our rules.

I think it'd be a good idea if we had a vote on being able to stop that and take back control.
  • Options
    ToryJimToryJim Posts: 3,424
    Now that there's an election it isn't in the immediate interests of Labour to get rid of Corbyn. They need him and the wider left to fully own the defeat. of course the counter argument will be that the PLP never worked with Corbyn and so the glorious popularity of extreme left wing policy was stymied by divisions. Since 2007 the Labour Party have gone left, been defeated, gone further left, been defeated and keep deciding that voters keep electing Tories because Labour isn't sufficiently left wing. They may decide that again, against all logic and experience.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

Précis - Very shortly there will be a general election in which the Tories will barely increase their majority.
    Does the S in TSE stand for Sion? :D
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    edited April 2017
    felix said:

timmo said:

We will see

Nope because that would mean all previous recent Opinium polls were outliers
  • Options
    Mr. Topping, I believe they're correct.

You get £5 back (stake) but also lose £5 stake because an each way bet is effectively two bets: £5 to win (this lost) and £5 to be placed (this won).
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Jezza is Ed squared, with extra baggage.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

FPT:

tlg86 said:

Given that we've apparently been fully sovereign all along there was no guarantee of that before either....
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071

Who did you say you were voting for?
  • Options

I wrote this thread on short notice from Mike, whilst watching Spurs choke again.
    It's also a completely unfair comparator. Ed &Ed were like Keynes and Hayek compared to these 2.
  • Options

felix said:

timmo said:

We will see

Nope because that would been all previous recent Opinium polls were outliers
    Looking at the wiki table, the polls on 14-17 of Mar and 14-16 of Feb don't look like outliers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_United_Kingdom_general_election,_2017
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    ydoethur said:

The Alliance briefly moved ahead of Labour in the polls in 1983 at the end of the campaign, which presaged an impressive 25% in the national vote (admittedly one poll in 1981 put them on 50%).

To suggest many more news cycles like the last few will see them do something similar if even this unfavourable pollster puts them on a 60% increase is not unrealistic.

However, even if they poll ahead of Labour on Election Day unless Labour dip to 12% they will still be second in terms of seats unless UNS breaks down under that sort of stress.

On a GB basis the Alliance polled over 26% in 1983.
  • Options
    RobD said:

FPT:

tlg86 said:

These things usually are, and it will most likely get resolved in due course.

It also doesn't help his case that the guy's Twitter feed reads like he's Gina Miller's best mate. A cynic might say that he is trying to push an agenda.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352

If the poll ratings for the blue team are only due to a honeymoon period, why after nine months do they just keep getting bigger?

The waters are due to break soon surely...
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

Who did you say you were voting for?
    DK
  • Options
    RobinWiggsRobinWiggs Posts: 621
    FPT:

On almost every count, May wins. Some 49% of all voters now approve of the way she is running the country, against just 18% who express approval for Corbyn’s leadership.

That 18% is probably a reasonable indication of Corbyn-Labour's floor at present. Things could get much worse than the current c26% polling.... and the tipping point may come when the Hamas/IRA/Soviet-loving attacks come.

We're going to need more popcorn. Much more popcorn.

(de-lurking after a number of year's absence from the site. I was here in the very early days but the subsequent site refreshes seem to have archived/deleted thousands of inane posts. Probably a Good Thing.)
  • Options

PBers may recall I made a list of Roman emperors to compare Cameron to based on his election result in 2015 (before it was known, of course). He ended up, due to shock majority, as Trajan, I think.

This time, I've put together a list of Roman battlefield batterings for Labour. In order of most terrible to least, preceded by seat changes:

-70 Cannae
    -60 Arausio
    -50 Teutoberg Forest
    -40 Carrhae
    -30 Lake Trasimene

If it's not too bad:
    -20 Asculum
    -10 Heraclea

+10 Zela
    +20 Tigranocerta
    +30 Zama

Love it.

I'm with Lake Trasimene to Carrhae at the moment, but 7 weeks of this and we're definitely looking at Cannae territory.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

FPT:

tlg86 said:

Empathy has been expressed, along with wanting to see the facts before reaching a conclusion, you could try doing the same before getting morally superior?
    Don't hold your breath....
  • Options
    DougieDougie Posts: 57
    Any idea of the time that the Sunday Post Scottish poll is due to be released?
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

RobD said:

FPT:

tlg86 said:

These things usually are, and it will most likely get resolved in due course.

It also doesn't help his case that the guy's Twitter feed reads like he's Gina Miller's best mate. A cynic might say that he is trying to push an agenda.
    I'm shocked... :o
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,101

-70 Cannae
    -60 Arausio
    -50 Teutoberg Forest
    -40 Carrhae
    -30 Lake Trasimene

If it's not too bad:
    -20 Asculum
    -10 Heraclea

+10 Zela
    +20 Tigranocerta
    +30 Zama

Con gain Bolsover:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Allia
  • Options

Because Trotskyist terrorist loving Jezza is really, really unelectable perhaps?
  • Options

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

It may yet prove prescient - its early days and voter apathy - confident of Corbyn being blocked - may yet reduce the Tory lead
  • Options
    Right now I am "expecting" the 1st Poll to show The Libdems in 2nd place to arrive around mid May, but things seem to be accelerating all the time. I dont think we can put a floor on how low Labour can go. What happens if lots of people start to beleive Labour will come 3rd ? Will we see defections ?
    On the Corbyn thing, there is no mechanism for sacking The Leader except in the late Summer/Autumn. That may sound batty to you but there you go. Any attempt at another Coup by MPs would amount to a split.
  • Options
    ToryJimToryJim Posts: 3,424

-70 Cannae
    -60 Arausio
    -50 Teutoberg Forest
    -40 Carrhae
    -30 Lake Trasimene

If it's not too bad:
    -20 Asculum
    -10 Heraclea

+10 Zela
    +20 Tigranocerta
    +30 Zama

Mr Dancer at the moment we are looking at one of the top three on your list. I think we can largely ignore thoughts of net Labour gains.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,053
    FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes
    Well done with the gee-gees, we'll all be looking for tips next year now - or do we just bet on the Scottish horse?

English one today Sandpit. Be a miracle if I can repeat it next year.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

The waters are due to break soon surely...
    Arf - worthy of a ba dum tish...!
  • Options
    RobD said:

Just rejoice at that news... :D

Slightly against the narrative I just saw on Sky news to be fair
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Scott_P said:
    The next seven weeks are going to be awesome viewing!

*checks store room for popcorn*

Enough?
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949
    Picking over my outstanding bets, I've got a tenner on "Yougov to show Labour leading by 2018" at 5/1. Though I'd rather have the tenner back, at least the snap election raises the prospect of a new Labour leader before then who only needs a short honeymoon period for me to win...
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Scott_P said:

Enough?
    No where near enough
  • Options
    Welcome back, Mr. Wiggs.

Mr. Richard, hmm. Perhaps -80 could be considered Battle of the Allia? (Got to admit, I'm a bit weaker on the earlier stuff).
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes
    Well done with the gee-gees, we'll all be looking for tips next year now - or do we just bet on the Scottish horse?

English one today Sandpit. Be a miracle if I can repeat it next year.

Ah, so a Scottish horse won the English race, and an English horse won the Scottish race. Your prize should be to write a guest piece next April on predicting the most unpredictable races of the season!
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    ToryJim said:

Now that there's an election it isn't in the immediate interests of Labour to get rid of Corbyn. They need him and the wider left to fully own the defeat. of course the counter argument will be that the PLP never worked with Corbyn and so the glorious popularity of extreme left wing policy was stymied by divisions. Since 2007 the Labour Party have gone left, been defeated, gone further left, been defeated and keep deciding that voters keep electing Tories because Labour isn't sufficiently left wing. They may decide that again, against all logic and experience.

Is that really what happened? It is a nice simple narrative, and it is always fun to characterise a group you aren't a member of as idiots. But maybe the story is more complicated.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
  • Options
    calum said:
    Moray is well beyond the Scottish Tories, at least this time. In the longer run as the SNP get more comfortable in SLAB's old central belt, left wing and centralising slippers the North East will turn their back on them but not yet. Reduced majority but comfortable.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,610
    Scott_P said:
    That could produce some odd results.
  • Options
    RobinWiggsRobinWiggs Posts: 621
    Sandpit said:

Scott_P said:

Enough?
    For the first couple of weeks' skirmishing perhaps, but once the short campaign starts I think you'll need more than that.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

Give it a week or two, maybe it'll look prescient.
    HYUFD said:

New 'Isidewith' general election survey out, I got 73% Tory, 55% UKIP, 51% Labour, 48% DUP
    http://uk.isidewith.com/results/3104737079

Bit out of date.

But I've become a bit more Conservative - one time I did one of these and had 4 parties within 5 percent

Con 64
    LD 55
    Lab 54
    UKIP 49

Plaid Cymru 34 (but Political Compass says that's where I belong!)
    BNP (Still showing a picture of Nick Griffin) 31
    Demoratic Unionist 30

I like it though since it suggests which party you might be closest too on certain issues (for Crime I'm closer to Greens and LDs it says, but Healthcare closer to UKIP)
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    Floater said:

Sandpit said:

Scott_P said:

Enough?
    No where near enough
    Surely there is some sort of EU popcorn mountain that we have a share in?
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,854

Welcome back, Mr. Wiggs.

Mr. Richard, hmm. Perhaps -80 could be considered Battle of the Allia? (Got to admit, I'm a bit weaker on the earlier stuff).

How about the Sack of Rome or Fall of Constantnople?
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,314
    edited April 2017

ToryJim said:

Is that really what happened? It is a nice simple narrative, and it is always fun to characterise a group you aren't a member of as idiots. But maybe the story is more complicated.
    Former PBer Nick Cohen reckons Jezz might stay on even if Labour suffers the most catastrophic defeat in British political history:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/04/left-in-the-shadows/
  • Options
    MrsBMrsB Posts: 574
    surely Mr Dancer, you should have included "meeting the same fate as the 9th Legion". I can just imagine the scene as Ian Murray stumbles back over Hadrians Wall through the mist on the morning of 9th June
  • Options
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,854

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

It may yet prove prescient - its early days and voter apathy - confident of Corbyn being blocked - may yet reduce the Tory lead
    Whatever happened to Brownian Blitzkreig?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Wow. Add up the Unionists and SNP + Green and you get roughly 55:45.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,075
    edited April 2017
    Scott_P said:
    Since 2015 general election SNP -7%, Tories + 17%, Labour -10%, LDs (unchanged). Tories would win 10 seats from the SNP including Moray where they would oust SNP Westminster leader Angus Robertson (albeit it is a subsample), LDs would take 2 SNP seats
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,053
    TOPPING said:

Betting question team -

I put £5 e/w 1/5th the odds on a horse on the Betfair Exchange odds of Decimal 13.

The horse was placed. They paid out £7 profit plus returned my stake.

I think they should have paid out £12 profit plus returned my stake.

My calcs:

13 = 12/1
    12/1 x 1/5th the odds = 2.4
    Therefore they should have paid me (2.4 x £5) + £5 = £17.

Instead they paid me ([2.4-1] x £5) +£5 = £12.

Surely can't be right? Or can it?

Edit: if wrong, has Betfair been systematically doing this since they started offering e/w betting?

Topping for me on any normal betting you would get 12/5 a place and so return of £17.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,135
    I don't know whether Opinium has changed its methodology, but their Lib Dem ratings in 2015 were in line with the election result. The final poll put the Lib Dems at 8%, exactly right.
  • Options
    glw said:

Floater said:

Sandpit said:

Scott_P said:

Enough?
    No where near enough
    Surely there is some sort of EU popcorn mountain that we have a share in?
    No, no, no we have a legal obligation to pay for all the popcorn required by the EU forever. Williamglen had a quote from someone really obscure that proved it just the other day.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

calum said:
    Moray is well beyond the Scottish Tories, at least this time. In the longer run as the SNP get more comfortable in SLAB's old central belt, left wing and centralising slippers the North East will turn their back on them but not yet. Reduced majority but comfortable.
    It's a scalp too far - also voters tend to like having a prominent MP represent them, and with all due respect to the Tory candidate, he'll not be in that position for a while....
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Sandpit said:

Scott_P said:

Enough?
    For the first couple of weeks' skirmishing perhaps, but once the short campaign starts I think you'll need more than that.
    Mrs Sandpit just reminded me that she likes popcorn too, even though she doesn't really understand too much about British politics.

Maybe I'd better order a couple of tons more, just to be on the safe side.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bulk-Grains-Organic-White-Popcorn/dp/B001KWGZWE/
  • Options
    Mrs B, but no-one quite knows the fate of the Ninth Legion...

Mr. F, that's the death of Labour either as a party or the main party of opposition.

Mr. G, hmm. You might be right.
  • Options
    Do we have a schedule for the French first round results?
  • Options
    Idle thoughts - comparing this election with the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Mrs May obviously the witch
    Tim Farron as Peter - thought of as just a kid to start with but becomes a mighty warrior

Problem is Jezza. He would be Aslan I suppose. I can see him going willingly to the table to be sacrificed. Problem is, can't see him coming to life again afterwards.....
  • Options

Mrs B, but no-one quite knows the fate of the Ninth Legion...

except they disappeared.....
  • Options
    MrsB said:

Idle thoughts - comparing this election with the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Mrs May obviously the witch
    Tim Farron as Peter - thought of as just a kid to start with but becomes a mighty warrior

Problem is Jezza. He would be Aslan I suppose. I can see him going willingly to the table to be sacrificed. Problem is, can't see him coming to life again afterwards.....

Is Jezza not the wardrobe, except it's full of skeletons (GoT version)?
This discussion has been closed.