Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Brexit’s victory was miniscule and a swing of just 1.85% would

Comments

• Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100

Speedy said:

Tada.

I told people on PB in the very early hours of the morning about all of this.
    RobD in particular (my sources are always good).

I said Trump has until Monday to resign on his own terms and get a golden parachute.
    Monday? Thats after the debate. Popcorn time!
    Of course they will wait to see how the debate goes, that's why they will wait until Monday.
    If it goes as badly as suspected he will be kicked out.

Of course if the RNC makes a request to postpone the debate, then that means they won't wait for the debate to kick him out.
  • Options
    619619 Posts: 1,784
    can someone remind me what happened last time a clinton faced a republican nominee abandoned by the party?

Trump has no GOTV in the swing states other than the RNC ones. If they are making moves to not get out early voting for him and that carrys on for the next month, its over im afraid on a practical level. (well, not afraid, i want the racist, rapey prick to be humiliated)
  • Options

The other clusterfuck about Trump not being the candidate/trying to remove him....

Early voting has already begun in some states.

That is why the earlier they replace him the better.
    They are in a hurry.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Chris_A said:

Spot on Mike. This week has been utterly depressing for those of us willing to wish May a fair wind govern her opening 10DS speech. We're certainly not heading toward a success of Brexit now.

What do you base this on?

Honestly, some people seem to have short memories.
  • Options

OK unless there are any major surprises to come - and I suppose there could be.
    What about the Senate:

"Democrats currently have a 57 percent chance of winning a Senate majority according to our polls-plus forecast and a 56 percent chance in polls-only. Those numbers have been fairly consistent since the conventions. In our polls-plus forecast, for instance, Democratic chances have never dropped below 52 percent and have never risen above 73 percent.1
    To control the Senate, the Democrats need a net gain of four seats (they hold 46 seats now) if Hillary Clinton wins the presidency or five seats if Donald Trump wins. Right now, they have at least a 75 percent chance of winning currently Republican seats in Illinois and Wisconsin. The bigger question is whether they can win any three of the following seven seats: Florida, Indiana, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina and Pennsylvania."

they have 2 choices: stick with trump and alienate non trump voters, or disown him and alienate trump voters.

doesnt look good for the GOP either way
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,187
    Speedy said:

Speedy said:

Tada.

I said Trump has until Monday to resign on his own terms and get a golden parachute.
    Of course they will wait to see how the debate goes, that's why they will wait until Monday.

Of course if the RNC makes a request to postpone the debate, then that means they won't wait for the debate to kick him out.
    TOO LATE!!!!! Trump is nominee, nominated at the convention, it is his call to resign, he ain't, the RNC can do sod all about it unless he does
  • Options
    619 said:

can someone remind me what happened last time a clinton faced a republican nominee abandoned by the party?

Trump has no GOTV in the swing states other than the RNC ones. If they are making moves to not get out early voting for him and that carrys on for the next month, its over im afraid on a practical level. (well, not afraid, i want the racist, rapey prick to be humiliated)

Bob Dole lost by 7 points in 1996, GOP kept control of Congress.

Trump won't be as lucky to lose by 7 as things stand.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Alistair said:

se it.

I don't get these calls for Trump to stand aside (by the media, mainly, it seems). It's an election: if you don't like him, you vote for the other guy. That's how it works. It's called democracy.

More media bollocks.

I didn't realise so many Republican congressmen, senators and governors worked for the media
    Every time a Republican politician comes out against Trump it probably helps his chances a bit.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Speedy said:

Speedy said:

Tada.

If he doesn't show, will he be empty chaired?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

Speedy said:

Tada.

TOO LATE!!!!! Trump is nominee, nominated at the convention, it is his call to resign, he ain't, the RNC can do sod all about it unless he does
    This is all very reminiscent of you trying to back Andy Burnham at 15/2 when most of us were laying him at 50/1 plus
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,209
    Ed Balls up now.
  • Options

Ishmael_X said:

Ishmael_X said:
    Presidential candidates need the down ticket races to help them to win, to do the nitty gritty ground game work.

So when the candidates do phone banking and events, they do stuff for the Presidential candidates, to help campaign and GOTV.

Basically the Governors, Congressmen/Women, and Senators are effectively telling Trump, you're on your own, we don't want to be associated with you.
    Thank you.
    In British terms, it is like labour general election candidates not mentioning Jeremy Corbyn is their leader on their literature or during the campaign events.
    Labour MPs already voted against Corbyn en masse, the Labour membership said sod you too!!
  • Options
    Forget Trump, it is Ed Balls on Strictly time
  • Options
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

Speedy said:

Tada.

This is all very reminiscent of you trying to back Andy Burnham at 15/2 when most of us were laying him at 50/1 plus
    Burnham never won the Labour leadership, Trump won the GOP primaries, a totally different kettle of fish
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited October 2016
    The election is a month away, isn't it?

I don't know how much the US resembles the UK, but one month out from most recent elections the perceived wisdom has been wrong over here.

• Options
    HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

Speedy said:

Tada.

Of course they can, it will require a legal interpretation of the rules, but it can be done.

The difference between early August and now is that Trump has lost the support of the GOP voters, and it's proven that he is terrible with debates.

They couldn't move him out in August because the GOP voters still had faith in him, not anymore.
  • Options

Speedy said:

Speedy said:

Tada.

He definitely will show now, even more so if the RNC try to stop him
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,904
    Ed fookin Balls!!!
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    edited October 2016
    chestnut said:

It's a Carney barney as Jacob Rees-Mogg takes on Bank of England Guv

Isn't he foreign. Put him on Ze list

JRM is basically correct about Carney.

The guy was woefully inaccurate about employment and unemployment in 2013/2014, he signalled rate rises that never materialised in 2014/2015 and then he pushed an unnecessary rate cut after the referendum vote.

Interest rates and inflation need to normalise. Emergency measures have morphed into a norm and stayed in place long after they should have ceased. Carney is one of the culprits.
    I'd be interested in hearing how raising interest rates will cause inflation to normalise. I assume, in this context, that normalise is, at least in the context of interest rates, a synonym for rise. That's before we move on to normalise and inflation.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,005
    Floater said:

Chris_A said:

Spot on Mike. This week has been utterly depressing for those of us willing to wish May a fair wind govern her opening 10DS speech. We're certainly not heading toward a success of Brexit now.

What do you base this on?

Honestly, some people seem to have short memories.
    Some people still rage against the prospect of the UK being self-governing.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664

Forget Trump, it is Ed Balls on Strictly time

Are his strides meant to be as tight as that?
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,904
    Ed was not Smokinnn
  • Options

The GOP are effectively dumping Trump like you dump your new girlfriend when you find out she has an STD.

But also like when your g/f has passed on the STD and there's a national penicillin shortage.

'We'll only get elected once the discharge stops.'
  • Options
    Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

Speedy said:

Tada.

Of course they can, it will require a legal interpretation of the rules, but it can be done.

The difference between early August and now is that Trump has lost the support of the GOP voters, and it's proven that he is terrible with debates.

They couldn't move him out in August because the GOP voters still had faith in him, not anymore.
    Nope, wrong on both counts. Trump is GOP nominee and cannot be removed unless he resigns. He remains competitive in the polls and as tonight's Luntz poll shows his supporters are fully behind him
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

matt said:

HYUFD said:

matt said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Dromedary said:

Here's a case.

* Trump withdraws
    * The RNC chooses Pence as a replacement, but only gets him onto the ballots in some states
    * The RNC chooses Ryan, say, as a replacement VP candidate, and ditto
    * The presidential result is Clinton 238, Trump 200, Pence 100
    * The VP result is Kaine 238, Pence 200, Ryan 100
    * The Republicans win majorities in House and Senate
    * The 12th amendment comes into play
    * The House must give the presidency to one of the three candidates with the most electoral votes; they choose Pence
    * The Senate must give the vice-presidency to one of the two VP candidates with the most electoral votes - who are they going to choose?

I reckon Trump will withdraw. The guy is mentally ill and he has a massive problem in the area of women. It's not reducible to being a big swinging dick of a billionaire a*sehole who's obsessed with sex, a kind of New York Berlusconi. That doesn't explain how he puts women down in public, even to his own major disadvantage, for being obese or for 'bleeding out of their wherevers', for being "pigs" and "dogs", or how he has talked in a sexual way about his daughter. If he's still in the race by the time of the debate, he's going to blow up either at the debate itself or within a short time afterwards. He has already called Hillary Clinton "the devil". I wouldn't be at all surprised if he soon calls her a slob, a lesbian, ugly, a woman who can't satisfy her husband, a misogynist, or even a rapist.

Trump won the primaries with almost all the GOP establishment against him so what is new! In any case snap polls are showing Trump voters want him to stay in rather than being replaced by Trump. As for Berlusconi he reportedly had sex with underage girls, did not stop him
    https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/784759037170634752
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/8286347/Silvio-Berlusconi-second-under-age-girl-in-bunga-bunga-scandal.html

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/784759037170634752?card_data={ "tweet_id" : "784759037170634752", "choice" : 1 }&ref_src=twsrc^tfw
    Trump presently leads 64% to 36% for Pence
    And the weighting and control?
    They are the same voters who voted for him in the primaries and would vote for him again now
    And the weighting and control? Which you've noticebly evaded.
    Luntz is a relative moderate, it is not all nutjobs who follow him
    And the weighting and control. Which you've noticeably evaded. Again.
  • Options

The GOP are effectively dumping Trump like you dump your new girlfriend when you find out she has an STD.

But also like when your g/f has passed on the STD and there's a national penicillin shortage.

I shall bow to your greater knowledge and experience of STDs
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Trump withdraws
    Rubio is his replacement
    Cromwell returns to the forum
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Speedy said:

Speedy said:

Tada.

If he doesn't show it will be a sign of weakness, an invitation to get fired by the RNC.

As I said the only option left for Trump is to negotiate his resignation terms, before the point he is kicked out.

Sort like Napoleon exiled to Elba.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913
    Ed Balls genius
  • Options

A mere cold of the willy!
  • Options
    This is the picture I'll be using for all future Ed Balls related threads.

https://twitter.com/TSEofPB/status/784839407295692800
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,157
    If Trump voters are at war with the Republican Party, what does that do to the House and Senate?
  • Options
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    matt said:

HYUFD said:

matt said:

HYUFD said:

matt said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Dromedary said:

Here's a case.

* Trump withdraws
    * The RNC chooses Pence as a replacement, but only gets him onto the ballots in some states
    * The House must give the presidency to one of the three candidates with the most electoral votes; they choose Pence
    * The Senate must give the vice-presidency to one of the two VP candidates with the most electoral votes - who are they going to choose?

I reckon Trump will withdraw. The guy is mentally ill and he has a massive problem in the area of women. It's not reducible to being a big swinging dick of a billionaire a*sehole who's obsessed with sex, a kind of New York Berlusconi. That doesn't explain how he tisfy her husband, a misogynist, or even a rapist.

Trump won the primaries with almost all the GOP establishment against him so what is new! In any case snap polls are showing Trump voters want him to stay in rather than being replaced by Trump. As for Berlusconi he reportedly had sex with underage girls, did not stop him
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/8286347/Silvio-Berlusconi-second-under-age-girl-in-bunga-bunga-scandal.html

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/784759037170634752?card_data={ "tweet_id" : "784759037170634752", "choice" : 1 }&ref_src=twsrc^tfw
    They are the same voters who voted for him in the primaries and would vote for him again now
    9000 voted, more than most polls. Trump clearly won the primaries, his supporters are sticking by him. Luntz has followers across the GOP, he is no Trump cheerleader
  • Options
    matt said:

chestnut said:

It's a Carney barney as Jacob Rees-Mogg takes on Bank of England Guv

Isn't he foreign. Put him on Ze list

JRM is basically correct about Carney.

The guy was woefully inaccurate about employment and unemployment in 2013/2014, he signalled rate rises that never materialised in 2014/2015 and then he pushed an unnecessary rate cut after the referendum vote.

Interest rates and inflation need to normalise. Emergency measures have morphed into a norm and stayed in place long after they should have ceased. Carney is one of the culprits.
    I'd be interested in hearing how raising interest rates will cause inflation to normalise.
    I don't know. Was that said anywhere?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Alistair said:

Trump withdraws
    Rubio is his replacement

I would expect that the RNC would move Pence up to the top of the ticket, as to the new VP Trump may want to negotiate it as part of his resignation deal.
  • Options
    jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,261
    Only way I can see Trump getting it is if Clinton collapses during one of the remaining debates or something and has to pull out of the race on health grounds. But even then a replacement Dem candidate (not sure what the process is) would probably still beat Trump who looks like he's fatally wounded.

This video might not get voters to flock to Hilary as she's not exactly loved either but it may stop people who have always voted republican deciding to sit this one out.
  • Options
    619 said:
    Chances DeNiro takes up Trump's challenge ?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

Speedy said:

Tada.

Nope, wrong on both counts. Trump is GOP nominee and cannot be removed unless he resigns. He remains competitive in the polls and as tonight's Luntz poll shows his supporters are fully behind him
    Are you claiming the luntz Twitter poll is a scientific poll?
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    HYUFD said:

matt said:

HYUFD said:

matt said:

HYUFD said:

matt said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Dromedary said:

Here's a case.

* Trump withdraws

I reckon Trump will withdraw. The guy is mentally ill and he has a massive problem in the area of women. It's not reducible to being a big swinging dick of a billionaire a*sehole who's obsessed with sex, a kind of New York Berlusconi. That doesn't explain how he tisfy her husband, a misogynist, or even a rapist.

9000 voted, more than most polls. Trump clearly won the primaries, his supporters are sticking by him. Luntz has followers across the GOP, he is no Trump cheerleader
    I tried to write a limerick about Luntz. Sadly, nothing rhymes.
  • Options

If Trump voters are at war with the Republican Party, what does that do to the House and Senate?

Some Trump voters could vote Trump and GOP for the House, not vote for non Trump backing GOP Senators
  • Options
    tyson said:

FPT

Sean_F said:

Actually, I think it 's driven by the reason that Robert Smithson gave - a big current account deficit. Which would be case inside or outside the EU. Brexit simply brought it to a head.

Indeed.

And its better that we deal with the fundamental imbalances with the UK economy now that to continue to pretend that they don't exist.

Anyone who wants a higher sterling exchange rate should look to make their own contribution to making that happen by:

1) Creating more wealth
    2) Living within their means
    3) Increasing their savings ratio
    You are as bad as Corbynites who refuse to acknowledge that he is a poor candidate and would rather blame his Parliamentary colleagues for his dismal poll ratings.

99.99% of economists are saying that the collapse in the exchange rate reflects the long term state of the UK economy post Brexit. Of course they could all be wrong.

When Brexit fails, which it will do inevitably, who will you blame? Remainers for telling you so, foreigners, the EU for not giving us favourable terms. You certainly will not blame Brexit because you are ideologically wedded to the purity of it all much like Corbynites who refuse to believe there cannot be anything wrong with their man.
    How much spittle did you froth on your keyboard while writing that ?

YOU are the person who is ideologically obsessed and that's why you're raving about 99.99%s and future inevitabilities.

Now you might think that the UK having had a current account deficit of almost £300bn during the last three years is irrelevant or inconvenient but the fact remains that the UK has had a current account deficit of almost £300bn during the last three years.

And a consequence is that Sterling is going to fall in value until the economy becomes more balanced either through the UK increasing its wealth creation and/or living within its means.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,040
    PlatoSaid said:

Boundary Commission
    Share your local knowledge and help shape constituency boundaries for your area
    https://t.co/kAmK2dPwcC

Interesting, thank you. Some of those constituencies are oddly shaped.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

619 said:
    Chances DeNiro takes up Trump's challenge ?
    And Do a UKIP...
  • Options
    You said that interest rates and inflation need to normalise. They don't exist independently.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,631
    edited October 2016
    Alistair said:

Trump withdraws
    Rubio is his replacement

The revenge of Cromwell! He was right all along. :D
  • Options

tyson said:

FPT

Sean_F said:

Actually, I think it 's driven by the reason that Robert Smithson gave - a big current account deficit. Which would be case inside or outside the EU. Brexit simply brought it to a head.

Indeed.

And its better that we deal with the fundamental imbalances with the UK economy now that to continue to pretend that they don't exist.

Anyone who wants a higher sterling exchange rate should look to make their own contribution to making that happen by:

1) Creating more wealth
    You are as bad as Corbynites who refuse to acknowledge that he is a poor candidate and would rather blame his Parliamentary colleagues for his dismal poll ratings.

99.99% of economists are saying that the collapse in the exchange rate reflects the long term state of the UK economy post Brexit. Of course they could all be wrong.

When Brexit fails, which it will do inevitably, who will you blame? Remainers for telling you so, foreigners, the EU for not giving us favourable terms. You certainly will not blame Brexit because you are ideologically wedded to the purity of it all much like Corbynites who refuse to believe there cannot be anything wrong with their man.

And a consequence is that Sterling is going to fall in value until the economy becomes more balanced either through the UK increasing its wealth creation and/or living within its means.
    We are up a brown creek then, May has chucked prudence out the window.
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

HYUFD said:

matt said:

HYUFD said:

matt said:

HYUFD said:

matt said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Dromedary said:

Here's a case.

* Trump withdraws

Not as accurate as he might be. If one is e.e.cummins with a tin ear.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    matt said:

You said that interest rates and inflation need to normalise. They don't exist independently.

Perhaps you can explain 5% interest rates going to 0.5% while inflation was rising to 5% just a few years ago?

And while you're at it, the effects of government tax policy on inflation.
  • Options
    Is that the next Bond villain ?
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,209
    chestnut said:

matt said:

Perhaps you can explain 5% interest rates going to 0.5% while inflation was rising to 5% just a few years ago?

Well that wasn't PROPER inflation.
  • Options
  • Options

Nah, after the brilliance of SPECTRE and Christoph Waltz, we'll never see Blofeld in Bond movies again.

SPECTRE was the finest Bond movie ever, FACT.
  • Options

tyson said:

FPT

Sean_F said:

Indeed.

1) Creating more wealth

We are up a brown creek then, May has chucked prudence out the window.
    Prudence was sold over a decade ago and the proceeds used to buy more imported tat.

And going out the window is the best option when the room is on fire.

The landing might hurt but there's more of a chance than staying inside.
  • Options
    "Nigel Farage calls Trump comments 'alpha male boasting'":

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpGRoOTqkGk
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

Step away from the keyboard. Now.
  • Options
    619 said:
    If he doesn't quit soon he will be kicked out anyway.
    They have already agreed his replacements:

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/784819461719293952
  • Options
  • Options

Luckily there's always been a plenitude of antibiotics in my lifetime.
  • Options
    jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,261

Nah, after the brilliance of SPECTRE and Christoph Waltz, we'll never see Blofeld in Bond movies again.

From Russia with Love, then probably Casino Royale for me. Casino Royale was Craig's best bond film imo. I love Eva Green though so I am tad biased...
  • Options
    @AshleyRParker: This morning, Pence called Trump and told him he had to handle the next 48 hours alone. He didn't think he'd be an effective surrogate.
  • Options
    I told you there are worse things coming.

Trump is behaving like Napoleon at Fontainebleau or Nixon on August 1st of 1974, shouting he won't resign, but if he won't resign he will be escorted out anyway.

He can only negotiate his terms of resignation and he has days to do it, nothing else.
  • Options

Has he joined the liberals?
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,157
    Speedy said:

Trump is behaving like Napoleon at Fontainebleau or Nixon on August 1st of 1974, shouting he won't resign, but if he won't resign he will be escorted out anyway.

He can only negotiate his terms of resignation and he has days to do it, nothing else.
    They can't make him.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Jeremy Diamond ‏@JDiamond1 9m

Another Trump bombshell from @KFILE: Trump gave Howard Stern green light to call daughter Ivanka a "piece of ass"

Most of the polls show Trump is a drag on the down ballot candidates, many have made the calculation they can lose a few hardcore Trump supporters to gain the support of moderate Dems and independents, especially incumbunt Repub candidates.
  • Options
    If you want a close referendum result, I'll raise you a Quebec, 1995:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_referendum,_1995
  • Options
    NoEasyDayNoEasyDay Posts: 454
    Having logged on and seen the thread, I thought its for shits and giggles.

We need a thread entitled "why remainers are psychologically unable to accept the result of the referendum"

• Options
    7/10 for the Sadface but still a lot they could learn from the Mail on that score.
  • Options
    @michaelianblack: "I gotta distance myself from this guy" - David Duke
  • Options
    And for a bit of light relief

Scotland 0 - Lithuania 1
  • Options

If you want a close referendum result, I'll raise you a Quebec, 1995:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_referendum,_1995

Colombia 6 days ago closer!
  • Options
    Sending my thoughts to the mogster. What a great own goal to his own image by supporting Trump.
  • Options
    "Mike Smithson is a pound-shop Lord Ashdown" - discuss :lol:

• Options

Speedy said:

They can't make him.
    Oh yes they can.

And Trump just lost Alabama:
    https://twitter.com/lyman_brian/status/784824564903735296

Nixon recognized that it was over when he lost George Wallace.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

@AshleyRParker: This morning, Pence called Trump and told him he had to handle the next 48 hours alone. He didn't think he'd be an effective surrogate.

Trump might sack him !
  • Options

Scotland 0 - Lithuania 1

https://twitter.com/jamieross7/status/784846988340785152
  • Options
    Best bet for Republican party now is to re-run 1996 - ignore the Republican nominee and concentrate all money and firepower on downballot races.
  • Options
    ThrakThrak Posts: 494
    edited October 2016
    Trump will be the nominee on election day, he wants to be so barring death that's it.

The scenario that is likely is that the RNC removes their support, Pence steps down and is replaced by someone else, the RNC pile money into the tight senate races "to stop Clinton from implementing her policies" and 'do a Dole' on the presidential race.

....and it's minuscule, not mini (not having read the thread I presume that's already been done to death, though).
  • Options
    619 said:
    In 1964, New York had two Republican senators. California possibly as well.
  • Options
    so, do the trump rampers still think he will win?
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291

Has he joined the liberals?
    No he has joined The Westmoreland Tories.
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

HYUFD said:

matt said:

HYUFD said:

matt said:

HYUFD said:

matt said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Dromedary said:

Here's a case.

* Trump withdraws

Drop the "z".
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Speedy said:

They can't make him.
    Oh yes they can.

wow One of the most conservatives states in the U.S.
  • Options

Ed fookin Balls!!!

You are showing disrespect to our next PM.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913
    surbiton said:

Ed fookin Balls!!!

You are showing disrespect to our next PM.
    More likely to be Pm than certain others.
  • Options
    619 said:

He could shoot someone on fifth avenue, and the Trump rampers on here would still claim it will likely help him not hurt him.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Speedy said:

They can't make him.
    Oh yes they can.

George Wallace was a Democrat as I recall, and ran against Nixon as a 3rd party candidate in 1968, and in the Democratic Primaries of 1972.
  • Options
    619 said:
    At least, she got more out of him than the Internal Revenue !
  • Options

Scotland 0 - Lithuania 1

Westminster's fault.........
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    On topic, a victory is a victory. The course is set until such point as sufficient numbers of the Brepenitent have paraded through the streets scourging themselves.

That will not happen in the near term, so the drama will continue to unfold.
  • Options
    Jonathan Martin ‏@jmartNYT 38m

Senior House GOP official tells me: "THE DAM HAS BROKEN"

Rank-and-file firing at will

Leadership talking, will find consensus tonight
    157 retweets 144 likes
  • Options
    nunu said:

619 said:

He could shoot someone on fifth avenue, and the Trump rampers on here would still claim it will likely help him not hurt him.
    yeah. i think someone said on here that this is really going to go badly for Clintom....
This discussion has been closed.