Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Brexit’s victory was miniscule and a swing of just 1.85% would

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,051
    PlatoSaid said:

rcs1000 said:

I know it probably won't happen but I don't see a downside to Pence replacing Trump. I really do not want Trump to win as I think he is borderline psychopathic. But I feel pretty much the same about Clinton as well. So the idea of someone other than those two winning the election has great appeal.

As I say I do realise it is not going to happen and the media frenzy really won't make much difference but I wish there was more of a chance.

Kasich or Ryan would be 20 points ahead of Hillary. Bush would be 10 points clear.

Cruz? Who knows.

Pretty much the only reason to vote for Hillary is that she is not Trump. Sadly, that's quite a good reason.
    So why didn't they win then? I remain unconvinced by your argument here.
    Because as we have seen with Corbyn, the ideological party faithful do not reflect the voters at large who by and large gravitate at the centre.

FWIW- I think RCS is wrong, maybe this was GOP's time, but not by 20 points.
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,237
    PlatoSaid said:

glw said:

Google: proud to be a redneck
    About 420,000 results (0.59 seconds)

Very touchy these PB Brexitrumpers. Perhaps a 'proud to be a Little Englander' campaign can be started.

There is a bloody big difference between proudly calling yourself a redneck and being called a redneck by people who don't like you, and I'm sure you know that. The same thing occurs with other well known ethnically derogatory names, where they can be used within a community without offence, but are patently offensive when outsiders use them.
    Redneck culture is very much rooted in my own family. It springs from Scottish, Scots-Irish and English Non-Conformist culture. Indeed my own dislike of the aristocracy, the church establishment and gentry is very in tune with it.
    What a load of cobblers - you're constantly espousing multi culti pro immigration pro uber liberal views that bear no affinity with this group. And you're a 1%er. Public sector BMA fan.

Knock yourself out, you're not convincing me for a second.
    Ooh, implosion incoming!
  • Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3828682/University-considers-banning-National-Anthem-graduation-ceremonies-links-increasing-far-right-nationalism.html

I hope that Abdullah the Danish student did not receive a Student Loan from the British Taxpayer. If he did I hope he will be marked as a special case to ensure that he pays it back. Preferably, we should find an excuse to deport him.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,051

PlatoSaid said:

glw said:

Google: proud to be a redneck
    About 420,000 results (0.59 seconds)

Very touchy these PB Brexitrumpers. Perhaps a 'proud to be a Little Englander' campaign can be started.

There is a bloody big difference between proudly calling yourself a redneck and being called a redneck by people who don't like you, and I'm sure you know that. The same thing occurs with other well known ethnically derogatory names, where they can be used within a community without offence, but are patently offensive when outsiders use them.
    Redneck culture is very much rooted in my own family. It springs from Scottish, Scots-Irish and English Non-Conformist culture. Indeed my own dislike of the aristocracy, the church establishment and gentry is very in tune with it.
    What a load of cobblers - you're constantly espousing multi culti pro immigration pro uber liberal views that bear no affinity with this group. And you're a 1%er. Public sector BMA fan.

Knock yourself out, you're not convincing me for a second.
    Ooh, implosion incoming!
    I'll take Plato's side tonight. She is valiantly championing the Donald on this day of all days. You cannot label her as a fair weather friend. Reminiscent of Jimmy Saville's house maid who still cannot have a bad word said about him..... bless the pair of em.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,036
    edited October 2016
    Barnesian said:
    Who is Thoma and why did she have a sex change?

This discussion has been closed.