Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Brexit’s victory was miniscule and a swing of just 1.85% would

Comments

• Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    Dromedary said:

Dromedary said:

Reminder: Betfair's rules for its Next US President market state that

* it's which candidate has a majority of projected votes in the EC - there's obviously scope for interpretation here, and depending on the interpretation this person may find that they don't become president
    * if nobody wins such a majority, then it's who gets chosen by the procedures laid down in the 12th amendment

I can't see how "projected" means anything other than "called by the networks on the night".
    They set "projected" against "(a)ny subsequent events such as a ‘faithless elector’", which disregards the "Vote Trump to Elect Pence" case. For whom is such an elector "projected" to vote? It could be interpreted either way.
    "Projected" presumably means in accordance with the rules of that state (i.e. WTA with the exception of ME and NE)
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,187
    These GOP establishment figures are as bad as those on the Labour side, they have lost control of their party to the base's Messiah and they still can't accept it
  • Options
    It seems to be getting to the stage where the strength of Hillary Clinton'a mandate will be undermined by the fact the GOP failed to field a credible candidate.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Dromedary said:

Here's a case.

* Trump withdraws
    * The RNC chooses Pence as a replacement, but only gets him onto the ballots in some states
    * The RNC chooses Ryan, say, as a replacement VP candidate, and ditto
    * The presidential result is Clinton 238, Trump 200, Pence 100
    * The VP result is Kaine 238, Pence 200, Ryan 100
    * The Republicans win majorities in House and Senate
    * The 12th amendment comes into play
    * The House must give the presidency to one of the three candidates with the most electoral votes; they choose Pence
    * The Senate must give the vice-presidency to one of the two VP candidates with the most electoral votes - who are they going to choose?

I reckon Trump will withdraw. The guy is mentally ill and he has a massive problem in the area of women. It's not reducible to being a big swinging dick of a billionaire a*sehole who's obsessed with sex, a kind of New York Berlusconi. That doesn't explain how he puts women down in public, even to his own major disadvantage, for being obese or for 'bleeding out of their wherevers', for being "pigs" and "dogs", or how he has talked in a sexual way about his daughter. If he's still in the race by the time of the debate, he's going to blow up either at the debate itself or within a short time afterwards. He has already called Hillary Clinton "the devil". I wouldn't be at all surprised if he soon calls her a slob, a lesbian, ugly, a woman who can't satisfy her husband, a misogynist, or even a rapist.

Trump won the primaries with almost all the GOP establishment against him so what is new! In any case snap polls are showing Trump voters want him to stay in rather than being replaced by Trump. As for Berlusconi he reportedly had sex with underage girls, did not stop him
    https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/784759037170634752
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/8286347/Silvio-Berlusconi-second-under-age-girl-in-bunga-bunga-scandal.html

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/784759037170634752?card_data={ "tweet_id" : "784759037170634752", "choice" : 1 }&ref_src=twsrc^tfw
    Twitter polls!

You've gone full, post-truth Trump. It's Andy Burnham 4 Leader all over again.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Dromedary said:

Here's a case.

* Trump withdraws
    * The RNC chooses Pence as a replacement, but only gets him onto the ballots in some states
    * The House must give the presidency to one of the three candidates with the most electoral votes; they choose Pence
    * The Senate must give the vice-presidency to one of the two VP candidates with the most electoral votes - who are they going to choose?

I reckon Trump will withdraw. The guy is mentally ill and he has a massive problem in the area of women. It's not reducible to being a big swinging dick of a billionaire a*sehole who's obsessed with sex, a kind of New York Berlusconi. That doesn't explain how he puts women down in public, even to his own major disadvantage, for being obese or for 'bleeding out of their wherevers', for being "pigs" and "dogs", or how he has talked in a sexual way about his daughter. If he's still in the race by the time of the debate, he's going to blow up either at the debate itself or within a short time afterwards. He has already called Hillary Clinton "the devil". I wouldn't be at all surprised if he soon calls her a slob, a lesbian, ugly, a woman who can't satisfy her husband, a misogynist, or even a rapist.

Trump won the primaries with almost all the GOP establishment against him so what is new! In any case snap polls are showing Trump voters want him to stay in rather than being replaced by Trump. As for Berlusconi he reportedly had sex with underage girls, did not stop him
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/8286347/Silvio-Berlusconi-second-under-age-girl-in-bunga-bunga-scandal.html

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/784759037170634752?card_data={ "tweet_id" : "784759037170634752", "choice" : 1 }&ref_src=twsrc^tfw
    Trump presently leads 64% to 36% for Pence
    And the weighting and control?
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    chestnut said:

felix said:

chestnut said:

TonyE said:

Now imagine if that campaign had been simply between say - Liberal Leave and the Official Remain campaign, with no outside institutional actors and fairly even press coverage.
    We would be in a much better place now. And this thread would never have been written.

There were several Lib Dems at the top of the REMAIN campaign already. More of them would have helped LEAVE.
    I do wonder how many remainers would really change their mind now that the blizzard of bullshit has subsided (though not cleared) from the most rabid of remain outlets.

Lagarde and her IMF crew now say we will be the fastest growing economy in the G7. How many economically fearful remainers would have voted leave had they been told that before 23rd June?

No doubt this is why the £ is so stable - now the ROW is expressing it's full confidence in UKPLC ...oh..waitttttttt...

PS Are we now believing the IMF and Lagarde and the other 'experts'. so hard to keep up
    I think we can take it for granted that leavers have little faith in the musings of economic forecasters, something that seems vindicated already.

It was the Remain contingent who seem to have swallowed it.

"But..but..but the experts, the experts, will nobody listen to the experts?" was an almost constant refrain on here.

I wonder how many of the 16m people who voted Remain would change their mind when presented with a before and after comparison? They would have to be supremely daft to swallow it all again.
    I suspect that Leave would win by a bigger majority if re-run now. Would it in 2 years time? Who knows?

At the moment everyone can project their desires onto it. When the cold grey reality of it hits, maybe not.
  • Options
    TonyETonyE Posts: 938
    tyson said:

HYUFD said:

felix said:

HYUFD said:

felix said:

TonyE said:

Scott_P said:

@matt_itvnews: Former GOP candidate @CarlyFiorina "Today I ask Donald Trump to step aside and for the RNC to replace him with Gov. Mike Pence"

Sadly I think it's too late - but any Republican win would be better than Hilary. She will be no friend of Britain I suspect, just as Obama hasn't been. We cdould do with a friendly Whitehouse during the Brexit process, if for nothing more than a feeling of confidence that it might exude.
    I thought we were standing strong and free reliant on no-one - if we need a Trump ~Presidency to see us through Brexit god help us all!
    We need any help we can get, on a pure realpolitik view a Trump presidency would do a trade deal with the UK earlier than a Clinton presidency which would focus on the EU first
    But the Brexiteers reckon we stand proud, free and sovereign without the EU - so why do we need the Donald to hold our hand? Sounds like you are simply a Trump apologist.
    I was never a Brexiteer, I voted Remain but we are where we are and we have to get the best environment for the UK
    I hate the word Brexiteer....it creates the impression that there's something chivalrous and noble about their negative ideology. And Brexit is an ideology, it's a belief system in something that defies facts and evidence.
    And this is why Remain lost. It just didn't see the positivity in the message that much of the leave campaign had. Democratic government, by the elected was the point - a positive. Countered with a negative - you can't survive without us. Despite every advantage possible, remain lost.

It doesn't defy evidence, it defies your negative view of what Britain, and the British are.
  • Options
    matt said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Dromedary said:

Here's a case.

* Trump withdraws

They are the same voters who voted for him in the primaries and would vote for him again now
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Dromedary said:

Here's a case.

* Trump withdraws

Twitter polls!

Burnham never won the Labour leadership like Trump won the GOP nomination
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    I don't get these calls for Trump to stand aside (by the media, mainly, it seems). It's an election: if you don't like him, you vote for the other guy. That's how it works. It's called democracy.

More media bollocks.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,141
    I thought people weren't meant to be posting these online Voodoo polls here?
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194

Dromedary said:

Dromedary said:

Reminder: Betfair's rules for its Next US President market state that

* it's which candidate has a majority of projected votes in the EC - there's obviously scope for interpretation here, and depending on the interpretation this person may find that they don't become president
    * if nobody wins such a majority, then it's who gets chosen by the procedures laid down in the 12th amendment

I can't see how "projected" means anything other than "called by the networks on the night".
    They set "projected" against "(a)ny subsequent events such as a ‘faithless elector’", which disregards the "Vote Trump to Elect Pence" case. For whom is such an elector "projected" to vote? It could be interpreted either way.
    "Projected" presumably means in accordance with the rules of that state (i.e. WTA with the exception of ME and NE)
    I may be wrong here, but I thought that in some "WTA" states, i.e. states which aren't ME or NE, an elector can be "faithless" without violating any state laws, making "WTA" customary rather than laid down in state law.

http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/electors.html
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    edited October 2016
    tyson said:

HYUFD said:

felix said:

HYUFD said:

felix said:

TonyE said:

Scott_P said:

@matt_itvnews: Former GOP candidate @CarlyFiorina "Today I ask Donald Trump to step aside and for the RNC to replace him with Gov. Mike Pence"

Sadly I think it's too late - but any Republican win would be better than Hilary. She will be no friend of Britain I suspect, just as Obama hasn't been. We cdould do with a friendly Whitehouse during the Brexit process, if for nothing more than a feeling of confidence that it might exude.
    I thought we were standing strong and free reliant on no-one - if we need a Trump ~Presidency to see us through Brexit god help us all!
    We need any help we can get, on a pure realpolitik view a Trump presidency would do a trade deal with the UK earlier than a Clinton presidency which would focus on the EU first
    But the Brexiteers reckon we stand proud, free and sovereign without the EU - so why do we need the Donald to hold our hand? Sounds like you are simply a Trump apologist.
    I was never a Brexiteer, I voted Remain but we are where we are and we have to get the best environment for the UK
    I hate the word Brexiteer....it creates the impression that there's something chivalrous and noble about their negative ideology. And Brexit is an ideology, it's a belief system in something that defies facts and evidence.
    'Negative ideology' that is confident the UK can proceed as an independent sovereign nation? Sounds more positive than negative to me. A proactive choice, a step away from the status quo or direction of travel (ever-closer union). 'Negative' was to be a fearful, conservative Remainer.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited October 2016
    se it.

I don't get these calls for Trump to stand aside (by the media, mainly, it seems). It's an election: if you don't like him, you vote for the other guy. That's how it works. It's called democracy.

More media bollocks.

I didn't realise so many Republican congressmen, senators and governors worked for the media
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    TonyE said:

tyson said:

HYUFD said:

felix said:

HYUFD said:

felix said:

TonyE said:

Scott_P said:

And this is why Remain lost. It just didn't see the positivity in the message that much of the leave campaign had. Democratic government, by the elected was the point - a positive. Countered with a negative - you can't survive without us. Despite every advantage possible, remain lost.

It doesn't defy evidence, it defies your negative view of what Britain, and the British are.
    There are so many posts by those who approve the current way of doing stuff - and yet Brexiteers and Trumpers are winning a lot of ground that they can't fathom.

It's a massive disconnect and unless you 'get' the other side - it appears to be incomprehensible.

I feel much more in tune with fly over state residents than metropolitan city dwellers. It's a universe they simply haven't seen or experienced - or sneered at. Like Mrs Duffy.

Tomorrow's debate will be an awful mud throwing fest - who comes out of that an inch above the gutter is anyone's guess.
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133

More media bollocks.

"The other guy" is also unfit for office...
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Alistair said:

se it.

More media bollocks.

I didn't realise so many Republican congressmen, senators and governors worked for the media
    Perhaps it would be easier to list all the Republican Governors, Congressmen and Senators standing by Trump. It sounds like a much shorter list.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

se it.

More media bollocks.

They work for the establishment, same thing
  • Options
    Chris said:

It is a Luntz poll and OGH tends to be a fan of him, take it or leave it if you want but it is out there and the first evidence we have of the reaction after the Trump remarks
  • Options
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

TonyE said:

tyson said:

HYUFD said:

felix said:

HYUFD said:

felix said:

TonyE said:

Scott_P said:

Sadly I think it's too late ...e that it might exude.

There are so many posts by those who approve the current way of doing stuff - and yet Brexiteers and Trumpers are winning a lot of ground that they can't fathom.

It's a massive disconnect and unless you 'get' the other side - it appears to be incomprehensible.

I feel much more in tune with fly over state residents than metropolitan city dwellers. It's a universe they simply haven't seen or experienced - or sneered at. Like Mrs Duffy.

Tomorrow's debate will be an awful mud throwing fest - who comes out of that an inch above the gutter is anyone's guess.
    Let's be frank, the current way of doing things has been very successful for a small number of people, and marginally successful for a fairly large number. But there's also a large number of people who have been simply left behind. They feel unrepresented, and rightly so. It's about time the political process looked to represent those who haven't gained from the 'globalised' world.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,298
    edited October 2016
    The fact that they even had a programme and started it is a revelation to me.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Who cares what Nate Silver says, he is wrong half the time anyway. Fox last night had Hillary ahead by just 2% in a 4 way race

Of course if you want to, you're free to pick the polls that are saying what you want to hear and ignore the others.

But frankly, even if Trump had been only 2% behind before this - rather than 5-6% behind as the averages indicate - then that would have been quite bad enough.
  • Options
    Trump against the world....
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

And there's Schwarzenegger thrown Donald down the well.

Statement of the bleeding obvious time:

Trump's debate preparation is not going well!
    Second statement of the obvious: the second debate just got a big ratings boost.
    Third statement of the obvious - that in theory could be good for Trump. Anything of a sexual nature he will just palm off onto Hillary and Husband.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,162

Yes, Trump now has carte blanche to run against the whole system.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,628
    edited October 2016

Well they called it that, it is the UK equivalent of the Tories or Labour, cancelling all their mailshots, PPBs, emails, and adverts with less than a month to go.

It is almost like they are prepping for a new candidate....
  • Options

Well they called it, it is the UK equivalent of the Tories or Labour, cancelling all their mailshots, PPBs, emails, and adverts with less than a month to go.

What is the process here - would Trump have to stand down or is there a method by which the candidate can be ejected by the RNC?
  • Options

Yes, Trump now has carte blanche to run against the whole system.
    There is playing the "I'm against the system" card and then there is...
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Dromedary said:

Here's a case.

* Trump withdraws

Twitter polls!

I thought voodoo polls are banned here or is it just voodoo polls favouring Trump that are verboten?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Just like CCHQ staff who had the party establishment telling them to work for Remain and secretly worked for Leave
  • Options
    TonyE said:

Well they called it, it is the UK equivalent of the Tories or Labour, cancelling all their mailshots, PPBs, emails, and adverts with less than a month to go.

What is the process here - would Trump have to stand down or is there a method by which the candidate can be ejected by the RNC?
    It is messy, he needs to stand down, he cannot be ejected, but the 50 odd states and territories have their own different electoral laws, so he might still be on the ballot even if he quits.
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    TonyE said:

tyson said:

HYUFD said:

felix said:

HYUFD said:

felix said:

TonyE said:

Scott_P said:

In 1975 'the British' voted 67/33% for an institution whose end state was widely agreed to be a United States of Europe. Otherwise, as Enoch Powell, Michael Foot, etc all said, why did the 1957 Treaty of Rome feature the words 'Ever Closer Union'? The Yes campaign was positive about the advantages of staying in and received especially strong support in the south and south-east.

'Brexit' should be banned from polite conversation. A better use of it was in the recent Private Eye cartoon where a UKIP hotel guest orders: 'Full English Brexit, please'.

The correct word is Leave. The right description of the UK's situation post-23.06.16 is bugger's muddle.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

se it.

More media bollocks.

They dont although I've always felt that US politicians (of every colour) should wear badges in the manner of NASCAR drivers. It would help show who they've been bought by.
  • Options
    The RNC tried to stop Trump in the primaries and failed, he will still have to win without them, what's new?
  • Options

TonyE said:

It is messy, he needs to stand down, he cannot be ejected, but the 50 odd states and territories have their own different electoral laws, so he might still be on the ballot even if he quits.
    What a f##king Omnishambles...as a certain Mr M. Tucker would say.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Chris said:

It is a Luntz poll and OGH tends to be a fan of him, take it or leave it if you want but it is out there and the first evidence we have of the reaction after the Trump remarks
    I voted for the Donald on it.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Dromedary said:

Here's a case.

* Trump withdraws

Twitter polls!

I thought voodoo polls are banned here or is it just voodoo polls favouring Trump that are verboten?
    Voodoo polls aren't banned, so long as you flag them up as voodoo polls.

It is when you try and spin voodoo polls as proper polls is when you'll get Mike smiting you.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,157
    The actual story is about stopping mail production. It could mean any of:
    1) RNC want to spend money elsewhere
    2) Serious moves to get rid of Trump
    3) *Pence* is about to withdraw
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Chris said:

HYUFD said:

Who cares what Nate Silver says, he is wrong half the time anyway. Fox last night had Hillary ahead by just 2% in a 4 way race

Of course if you want to, you're free to pick the polls that are saying what you want to hear and ignore the others.

But frankly, even if Trump had been only 2% behind before this - rather than 5-6% behind as the averages indicate - then that would have been quite bad enough.
    LA Times today has Trump ahead by 3% and as Luntz's poll shows his supporters are sticking by him
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

matt said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Dromedary said:

Here's a case.

* Trump withdraws

They are the same voters who voted for him in the primaries and would vote for him again now
    And the weighting and control? Which you've noticebly evaded.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Chris said:

The policy is that if you post the results of a poll with self-selected participants, you should state that's the case:
    http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2016/09/28/trump-winning-the-online-unscientific-polling/
  • Options
    I picked a hell of a Saturday to ignore politics for the day
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,015

It is when you try and spin voodoo polls as proper polls is when you'll get Mike smiting you.

Am I the only one who isn't seeing the results of the poll? It just gives me the two options? Unless you are all talking about a different poll?
  • Options
    RobD said:

Am I the only one who isn't seeing the results of the poll? It just gives me the two options? Unless you are all talking about a different poll?
    You need to be logged into twitter to view the results
  • Options
    OT - I've just read the sermon by OGH. I only live a few miles from him but it might as well be another planet.

Theresa May cack handed and she caused Fridays flash crash? wtf?

There are two tribes in this country whos political views are basically incompatible.

The problem the Liberal group have is coming to terms with the fact that the other group is the majority and now flexing its muscles.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,015

RobD said:

You need to be logged into twitter to view the results
    Bugger that....
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Boundary Commission
    Share your local knowledge and help shape constituency boundaries for your area
    https://t.co/kAmK2dPwcC
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,040
    weejonnie said:

...that in theory could be good for Trump. Anything of a sexual nature he will just palm off...

Please don't use the phrase "palm off" in relation to Trump. Ew. Just...ew.

• Options
    edited October 2016

TonyE said:

I read a piece over the summer which says the voting/electoral processes and laws in the 50 states have become even worse than Florida 2000.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,904
    It's a Carney barney as Jacob Rees-Mogg takes on Bank of England Guv

Isn't he foreign. Put him on Ze list
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited October 2016

The Pence withdrawing, or the threat of Pence withdrawing scenario is an interesting one.

He represents the last card in the GOP's hand.

Trump would presumably replace him with Gingrich - or someone - and then go full batsh*t against *the system*
  • Options
    Pong said:

The Pence withdrawing, or the threat of Pence withdrawing scenario is an interesting one.

He represents the last card in the GOP's hand.

Trump would presumably replace him with Gingrich - or someone - and then go full batsh*t against *the system*
    How about Trump deciding to stand as an Independent and Pence becomes the GOP candidate
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    edited October 2016

TonyE said:

The thing is, that video sounds like a fairly average script for Men Behaving Badly. The reaction to it is not just getting on the outrage bus or the outrage ocean liner, it is boarding the outrage space shuttle. Trump obv deserves what he gets, but what he is getting here is a heavily choreographed stitch up.

Thought experiment: what would happen if it turned out a close associate of Trump had cigarised an impressionable young female employee at his place of work twenty years back, and Trump had been OK with that?
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913
    Shame no-one had a 10 year old video of Brexit.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,209
    I think Ed Balls has the pimp slot on this week's Strictly.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Sounds ilike (in the words of the Apprentice USA) : "You're Fired!"
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Ishmael_X said:
    Presidential candidates need the down ticket races to help them to win, to do the nitty gritty ground game work.

So when the candidates do phone banking and events, they do stuff for the Presidential candidates, to help campaign and GOTV.

Basically the Governors, Congressmen/Women, and Senators are effectively telling Trump, you're on your own, we don't want to be associated with you.
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:
    Meaning they're saying 'vote Republican' instead of 'vote Trump'? Not much of a story.
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

TonyE said:

The thing is, that video sounds like a fairly average script for Men Behaving Badly. The reaction to it is not just getting on the outrage bus or the outrage ocean liner, it is boarding the outrage space shuttle. Trump obv deserves what he gets, but what he is getting here is a heavily choreographed stitch up.

Thought experiment: what would happen if it turned out a close associate of Trump had cigarised an impressionable young female employee at his place of work twenty years back, and Trump had been OK with that?
    Is this the game where we cry WEINNNNERRRR ?
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    HYUFD said:

Alistair said:

se it.

More media bollocks.

Trump IS the establishment. He benefitted from a $1billion write off.
  • Options

Ishmael_X said:
    Presidential candidates need the down ticket races to help them to win, to do the nitty gritty ground game work.

So when the candidates do phone banking and events, they do stuff for the Presidential candidates, to help campaign and GOTV.

Basically the Governors, Congressmen/Women, and Senators are effectively telling Trump, you're on your own, we don't want to be associated with you.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

weejonnie said:

...that in theory could be good for Trump. Anything of a sexual nature he will just palm off...

Please don't use the phrase "palm off" in relation to Trump. Ew. Just...ew.

Indeed. It might not result in a happy ending.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited October 2016

It's a Carney barney as Jacob Rees-Mogg takes on Bank of England Guv

Isn't he foreign. Put him on Ze list

JRM is basically correct about Carney.

The guy was woefully inaccurate about employment and unemployment in 2013/2014, he signalled rate rises that never materialised in 2014/2015 and then he pushed an unnecessary rate cut after the referendum vote.

Interest rates and inflation need to normalise. Emergency measures have morphed into a norm and stayed in place long after they should have ceased. Carney is one of the culprits.
  • Options
    The GOP are effectively dumping Trump like you dump your new girlfriend when you find out she has an STD.
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,729
    Nate has Hillary winning:

Nevada,
    Florida,
    North Carolina,
    Ohio,
    Iowa
    and even Arizona (NowCast only)

Also the Electoral College 330 to 208, 2 more and she equals Obama 2012.
  • Options

The GOP are effectively dumping Trump like you dump your new girlfriend when you find out she has an STD.

Or like Trump dumps his new wife when he succeeds in seducing a married woman :-)
  • Options
    “The fact remains that he can only be replaced if he quits or dies. And he’s declared today he’s not planning on doing either.”
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Ishmael_X said:

Ishmael_X said:

Thank you.
    Also he didn't have much of a ground game to begin with.
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-clinton-field-offices/
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Jonathan said:

Shame no-one had a 10 year old video of Brexit.

How many years experience of the EU and the way it morphed from what we were told we were joining.

The answer is not more Europe.
  • Options
    619619 Posts: 1,784
  • Options
    Chris_AChris_A Posts: 1,237
    Rejoice! Rejoice!

Oh hang on we've just told 500 million consumers on our doorstep to sod off and Brexiteers are wetting their pants in excitement at 20 million consumers 15000 km away.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:
    "Mosley's Blackshirts in 1980s"?
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    Tada.

I told people on PB in the very early hours of the morning about all of this.
    RobD in particular (my sources are always good).

I said Trump has until Monday to resign on his own terms and get a golden parachute.
  • Options
    Chris_A said:

Rejoice! Rejoice!

Oh hang on we've just told 500 million consumers on our doorstep to sod off
    No, we haven't.
  • Options

Meaning they're saying 'vote Republican' instead of 'vote Trump'? Not much of a story.

But they may be limiting "vote Republican" to Congressional races. A fair few candidates have been saying they won't be voting for Trump because he'd so toxic.
  • Options
    619 said:
    Not some little woman standing by her man like Tammy Wynette.
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

Ishmael_X said:

Thank you.
    In British terms, it is like labour general election candidates not mentioning Jeremy Corbyn is their leader on their literature or during the campaign events.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Tada.

I said Trump has until Monday to resign on his own terms and get a golden parachute.
    Monday? Thats after the debate. Popcorn time!
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Tada.

He is the nominee, he ain't resigning, his supporters still back him and unless he does resign the RNC will be as useless as the Labour establishment was at removing Corbyn
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300

“The fact remains that he can only be replaced if he quits or dies. And he’s declared today he’s not planning on doing either.”
    First rule of politics: never believe anything until it's officially denied. This looks like an official denial from Trump.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100

It's time to look at the small print on the betting markets regarding the position of a Trump replacement.
  • Options

Ishmael_X said:

Ishmael_X said:

Thank you.
    In British terms, it is like labour general election candidates not mentioning Jeremy Corbyn is their leader on their literature or during the campaign events.
    Indeed. That is pretty much traditional with Labour these days - I think it happened with Blair in 05, Gord in 10 and Milidweeb last year.
  • Options

I bow to your greater experience but functionally when one has a pound (fx dollar) Alan Sugar running the obnoxious shit factor is always with us.
  • Options
    The other clusterfuck about Trump not being the candidate/trying to remove him....

Early voting has already begun in some states.
  • Options
    nunu said:

HYUFD said:

Alistair said:

se it.

More media bollocks.

Trump IS the establishment. He benefitted from a $1billion write off.
    His voters see him as someone who has made his own money standing up for them against an establishment which has screwed them for years
  • Options

Ishmael_X said:

Ishmael_X said:

Thank you.
    But much more damaging in the context of a separate presidential election.
  • Options
    A blast from the blast. I see Alexander Downer is to be the man in charge. Will that be a blessing or a curse?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdAoQvqh7eY
  • Options
    OK unless there are any major surprises to come - and I suppose there could be.
    What about the Senate:

"Democrats currently have a 57 percent chance of winning a Senate majority according to our polls-plus forecast and a 56 percent chance in polls-only. Those numbers have been fairly consistent since the conventions. In our polls-plus forecast, for instance, Democratic chances have never dropped below 52 percent and have never risen above 73 percent.1
    To control the Senate, the Democrats need a net gain of four seats (they hold 46 seats now) if Hillary Clinton wins the presidency or five seats if Donald Trump wins. Right now, they have at least a 75 percent chance of winning currently Republican seats in Illinois and Wisconsin. The bigger question is whether they can win any three of the following seven seats: Florida, Indiana, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina and Pennsylvania."
  • Options
    matt said:

HYUFD said:

matt said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Dromedary said:

Here's a case.

* Trump withdraws

And the weighting and control? Which you've noticebly evaded.
    Luntz is a relative moderate, it is not all nutjobs who follow him
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    tyson said:

HYUFD said:

felix said:

HYUFD said:

felix said:

TonyE said:

Scott_P said:

You do talk some drivel Tyson.

"Brexit" had the far more positive message.

What are these facts and evidence that are being denied?

Things must look very different from Italy

This discussion has been closed.