Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Cyclefree on What Do They Mean By That?

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,382
    Sounds awfully like the Telegraph one. Perhaps that wasn't the Telegraph one?

Confused.
  • Options
    BenedictWhiteBenedictWhite Posts: 1,944

John_M said:

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Here it comes, as predicted by me, PENSIONS, PENSIONS, PENSIONS, if Leave haven't prepared for this, they are numpties

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/741723800987918336

is that it? PENSIONS WILL END IF BREXIT

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...
    Indeed but even Remains inference of the removal of someone's pension is an evil wicked ploy by to play on the old and vulnerable.

Remain really really are in complete panic because this would never have been said had they felt anywhere near winning. I am starting to agree with others on here. They think or perhaps know they are going to lose. They had the NHS the other day being destroyed because of Brexit , now pensions they are just going for all the soft targets. What next Brexit and we kill all your first born with pitchforks.

Cameron is so fucked now whatever the result happens to be. He is going to end up being he more hated than Blair or Brown and I never thought possible ever. The other big danger of course is that Remainers will also never be forgiven because they as directly associated with these remarks and even cheering them on.
    He is not talking about pensioners losing their pension. He is saying that if the economy is adversely affected the triple lock could come under pressure.
    "So here is the reality: if we leave, the pensioner benefits would be under threat, and the Triple Lock could no longer be guaranteed in the long term."
    No different to the Bank of England and IFS warnings but then who are they!!
    They don't cover what happens if we stay and have to bail out places like Italy and how we will then not be able to afford pensions...

Yep, ridiculous: continuing contribution to EU budget, no meaningful reduction in immigration and acceptance of most EU laws with no say in their framing. A great fig leaf for a Tory Leaver climbdown post-vote, though.

Sorry, no idea what your talking about?

We had a get out for not bailing out Greece and still had to. Do you think if Italy goes down we get off scot free if we are in the EU?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,477

This on twitter:
    https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/741739813859168256

Same as the other Yougov poll, slight swing to leave.

They are probably the same sample, just reported differently
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,098

Russian fans are going to kill people during this tournament. Great news the World Cup is there in two years' time.

The sort of stuff their media spouts about foreigners you wonder what it might do to young men's brains.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,982

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Here it comes, as predicted by me, PENSIONS, PENSIONS, PENSIONS, if Leave haven't prepared for this, they are numpties

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...
    Indeed but even Remains inference of the removal of someone's pension is an evil wicked ploy by to play on the old and vulnerable.

Remain really really are in complete panic because this would never have been said had they felt anywhere near winning. I am starting to agree with others on here. They think or perhaps know they are going to lose. They had the NHS the other day being destroyed because of Brexit , now pensions they are just going for all the soft targets. What next Brexit and we kill all your first born with pitchforks.

Cameron is so fucked now whatever the result happens to be. He is going to end up being he more hated than Blair or Brown and I never thought possible ever. The other big danger of course is that Remainers will also never be forgiven because they as directly associated with these remarks and even cheering them on.
    He is not talking about pensioners losing their pension. He is saying that if the economy is adversely affected the triple lock could come under pressure.
    so scaring pensioners now.
    No, he's telling it how it is. How can we afford TV licenses and bus passes and triple locks if we end up with another major economic shock?
    Cut the DfID budget?
    I can see the headline Mr L

Cameron says he;d rather bash little old ladies than stop funding for dictators

should go down well at the Mail and Telegraph
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,477
    viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

GIN1138 said:

MikeL said:

Is there also a YouGov in Sunday Times?

If so then two YouGovs on the same night?

Yes there's a YouGov in The Sunday Times too.

Not the first time we've had two YouGovs in the same night
    I've known YouGov to go three times a night before now.... :open_mouth: :
    I assume not Peter Kellner and Baroness Ashton
    They own a Dalek. True fact.
    Yes they look like Dr Who fans
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    I will vote leave and hope Cameron gets it.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    Big fucking deal. Did they just do one set of field work? Baffled.
  • Options
    Hodgson's number is up .... too old, too staid. Is now the time to back Eddie Howe on offer at 12/1 to succeed him?
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,052

I think we can all see how the World Cup in Russia is going to play out...think it definitely one to give a miss.

At least you will not be sweating your gonads off in the 50 degrees of Qatar desert heart.

• Options

YouGov for Sunday Times:
    Who is "scaremongering"?
    41% think Remain have done more, 28% think leave have done more.

That's interesting. The problem with this referendum is that the bullsh*t has been turned up to 12 and the knob has been broken off.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,807

Russian fans are going to kill people during this tournament. Great news the World Cup is there in two years' time.

Apparently two English fans fighting for their lives after being attacked.
  • Options
    OUTOUT Posts: 569

Apart from the mass doping and hooliganism, anyone else looking forward to the 2018 World Cup?

It'll be a riot!

No, seriously, it will.
    Europeans will be fearful of travelling to the nationalistic, isolationist backwaters on the fringes of the continent.
    Ok i'll knock it in to the empty net.

But Brexit U.K. isn't hosting the world cup.
  • Options

Apart from the mass doping and hooliganism, anyone else looking forward to the 2018 World Cup?

It'll be a riot!

No, seriously, it will.
    Very good, very quick and very clever

• Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 21,052
    HYUFD said:

This on twitter:

YouGov/Sun Tele was actually for Adam Smith Institute so I think this one (Sunday Times) must be a fresh poll but it's just happened to come out with exactly the same result...
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 39,048

John_M said:

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...

"So here is the reality: if we leave, the pensioner benefits would be under threat, and the Triple Lock could no longer be guaranteed in the long term."
    They don't cover what happens if we stay and have to bail out places like Italy and how we will then not be able to afford pensions...

Yep, ridiculous: continuing contribution to EU budget, no meaningful reduction in immigration and acceptance of most EU laws with no say in their framing. A great fig leaf for a Tory Leaver climbdown post-vote, though.

We had a get out for not bailing out Greece and still had to. Do you think if Italy goes down we get off scot free if we are in the EU?

I am saying it makes no sense. Why on earth would Leave voters back the Norway option when they want to cut immigration and stop contributing to the EU budget?

• Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    i knew England would draw, swapping sides to Wales.
  • Options
    steve_garnersteve_garner Posts: 1,019
    On another subject, I've recently finished John Campbell's mighty biography of Roy Jenkins. I think Nick Palmer may have commented on this book in the past. Anyway, it's a superb read and I commend it to everyone on this site. It is of course very topical on the subjects of Europe and the direction of the Labour Party.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    edited June 2016
    Last post (you'll be pleased to know!). I would consign the triple lock to the dustbin of history if it would help sort this problem out:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/11/no-amount-of-eu-hysteria-can-bury-our-housing-crisis/

Night all
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,807
    edited June 2016
    Apparently has kicked off Nice as well.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,982
    So just about everyone thinks lying tory bastards.

How's that good for the Conservatives or indeed politcs in general ?
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

GIN1138 said:

MikeL said:

As opposed to an untrue fact?

• Options
    Any more polls tonight or can we all retire to bed?
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,977
    If Leave win, that is going to be the killer fact. More people believe immigration claims than economy claims.
  • Options
    tyson said:

It'll be a riot!

No, seriously, it will.
    Very good, very quick and very clever

:D
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    I see Cameron's exclusive interview in the Telegraph is also an exclusive interview in the Guardian.

Cameron - he speak with forked tongue.
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    edited June 2016
    Russia may be nationalistic but the real problem is it is imperialistic. The two are often confused.
  • Options
    I just love the way those numbers don't add up.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited June 2016
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    If like previous YouGovs it hasn't been turnout weighted, this is good news for Leave.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    tyson said:

I think we can all see how the World Cup in Russia is going to play out...think it definitely one to give a miss.

At least you will not be sweating your gonads off in the 50 degrees of Qatar desert heart.

Did you and your piazza pals enjoy the Russian thugs attacking those little Englander families ?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Mortimer said:

If Leave win, that is going to be the killer fact. More people believe immigration claims than economy claims.
    I'm loving the overround too - did 3% of people think the economic claims had been overplayed but we're still true, and 6% that immigration claims were true and overplayed?
  • Options

John_M said:

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...

I am saying it makes no sense. Why on earth would Leave voters back the Norway option when they want to cut immigration and stop contributing to the EU budget?

Your talking about the ASI survey?

Because that's what the ASI wanted to show?

That said EEA free movement isn't the same as EU free movement.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,098

Russia may be nationalistic but the real problem is it is imperialistic. The two are often confused.

A slavic empire?
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,047
    edited June 2016

Until now I've always been a Cameron supporter, and I think in many ways putting together and keeping together the Coalition is one of the most remarkable achievements in our political history. However, his campaign to stay in the EU has been appalling and his scaremongering over pensions is a new low, and one I would never have expected him to stoop to. The sooner he is gone the better. He has lost every iota of respect I ever had for him. As a die hard Tory supporter it pains me to write this post.

He's by far the most talented person in the Tory party and won an election against all odds. An alternative Tory leader would have led to Ed Milliband being PM. Simples.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

This on twitter:

YouGov/Sun Tele was actually for Adam Smith Institute so I think this one (Sunday Times) must be a fresh poll but it's just happened to come out with exactly the same result...
    As I said repeatedly last year - the Yougov sample is not the same as the UK, being full of highly opinionated people. Since the sample is now presumably fixed, to prevent attempted manipulation, it's results are now going to be fixed within a very small difference.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    Cameron is an absolute disgrace. He would rather cut pensions than foreign aid. Says where his priorities are.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 21,052

I think that's your lot...
  • Options
    chestnut said:
    Not surprising - didn't Keynes hold several (contradictory) viewpoints at the same time.
  • Options
    nunu said:

If you knew that before the event, are you now a very rich being? And, if not, are you stupid?
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    murali_s said:

Until now I've always been a Cameron supporter, and I think in many ways putting together and keeping together the Coalition is one of the most remarkable achievements in our political history. However, his campaign to stay in the EU has been appalling and his scaremongering over pensions is a new low, and one I would never have expected him to stoop to. The sooner he is gone the better. He has lost every iota of respect I ever had for him. As a die hard Tory supporter it pains me to write this post.

He's by far the most talented person in the Tory party and win you an election against all odds. An alternative Tory leader would have led to Ed Milliband being PM. Simples.

Why do you bother ?
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,382
    Since our polls are a bit dull, here's the latest of a string of German polls showing the AfD on a slight decline. There was a row last week when a prominent AfD member said of a black German footballer that he admired his football but wouldn't want to live next to him.

http://www.wahlrecht.de/umfragen/emnid.htm
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,047

murali_s said:

He's by far the most talented person in the Tory party and win you an election against all odds. An alternative Tory leader would have led to Ed Milliband being PM. Simples.

Why do you bother ?
    Que?
  • Options

murali_s said:

Why do you bother ?
    Because the Labour ground game?
  • Options

Go to bed - Leave is currently at 3.25 on Betfair and 2/1 with many bookies on oddschecker.
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865

Apparently has kicked off Nice as well.

I dread if the English get to Paris. Even though they seem to have been on receiving end on this occasion they seem to drawn such incidents. Sport and football is never worth this and to be honest if this continues the English team should either withdraw voluntarily or be officially instructed to withdraw.

Same for the Russian team.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,918
    MP_SE said:

Cameron is an absolute disgrace. He would rather cut pensions than foreign aid. Says where his priorities are.

He certainly doesn't seem to want to cut the £10 billion (net!) in foreign aid we give to the rest of the EU.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    tyson said:

nunu said:

If you knew that before the event, are you now a very rich being? And, if not, are you stupid?
    don't gamble mate. you are all going to hell in a hand cart.
  • Options
    PeterCPeterC Posts: 1,274
    murali_s said:

He's by far the most talented person in the Tory party and won an election against all odds. An alternative Tory leader would have led to Ed Milliband being PM. Simples.
    You are right. And it is tragic that he has trashed his brand so comprehensively in this campaign.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,682

tyson said:

Did you and your piazza pals enjoy the Russian thugs attacking those little Englander families ?
    That's unkind.
    murali_s said:

I think those thinking a Leaver will automatically be able to do a better job, due to not being a lying traitor etc, may find themselves surprised. Hopefully Boris or other will be better than expected.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 115,049

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

• Options
    Charles said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

GIN1138 said:

MikeL said:

Yes exactly.

Untrue fact as in remain propaganda... Boom Boom tish.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,377
    Charles said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

GIN1138 said:

MikeL said:

Yes.

It could have been worse. The original sentence had the words "...a prop Dalek. Not a real one, obviously..." before I realised that even by my standards that was overpedantic.
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850

A slavic empire?
    Look at Ukraine and Georgia. Putin basically wants all those former Soviet satellites in the east back.
  • Options

Russia and China are actual current empires as well. Both are expansionist also.
  • Options
    TudorRoseTudorRose Posts: 1,662
This discussion has been closed.