Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Cyclefree on What Do They Mean By That?

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,110
    justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

New @OpiniumResearch Westminster VI

Con 35% (+1)

Lab 32 % (+2)

LD 4 (-2) (Yes Four)

UKIP 18% (nc)

Greens 4% (nc)

So about a 2% swing from Tory to UKIP since the last election, 3% LD to UKIP and 1% LD to Labour
    And a 1.8% swing from Tory to Labour.
    Is it even worth bothering to calculate swings on opinion polls?
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    justin124 said:

Looking at the Opinium tables the figures for England are Remain 44 Leave 42 with Scotland having Remain 41 Leave 39. Wales has Remain 44 Leave 46.
    Prima facie those figures look a bit odd! Surely Scotland would break much more firmly for Remain than that?

Subsamples obviously need to be taken with heap of salt, but yes it seems more likely a problem with their sampling/methodology rather than Sexit being a thing.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    edited June 2016

weejonnie said:

HYUFD said:

weejonnie said:

Tonight's polls will be interesting, possibly very interesting.
    Should we reach a point where it appears likely that the vote is likely to be for LEAVE (we're still a very long way from that position judging by the betting markets), can we expect Cameron to make a final personal televised appeal to the British people, say a couple of days before polling day? Would he even allowed to do so under the terms of the two sides supposedly having equal access to the media?

TBH - would that help? It would portray weakness and I can't bear watching grown-up men cry.
    A televised appeal by Chretien in Quebec in 1995 helped No scrape home
    I assume he was liked as much then as Mr Cameron is today. Not to mention that there would be problems in respect of fairness of media courage - however I am sure the BBC could show 4 minutes of boring Leave campaigning immediately afterwards.
    NO! That wouldn't wash at all - if Cameron gets to make a last minute "heartfelt" TV appeal, then the LEAVE contingent must be allowed exactly the same access with content of their choosing.
    Sorry - I was being sarcastic about the fairness of coverage.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,977
    justin124 said:

Looking at the Opinium tables the figures for England are Remain 44 Leave 42 with Scotland having Remain 41 Leave 39. Wales has Remain 44 Leave 46.
    Prima facie those figures look a bit odd! Surely Scotland would break much more firmly for Remain than that?

And the WWC were going to wholeheartedly support Remain, right?

I think most of the thinking on this has been weak - two of my peers (both male and solidly MC), both travel all over Europe, one of whom Scottish, are leavers because they want our government to be on control.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,943
    Off to watch the footy now. Give my mind a break from EU Referendum.
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    edited June 2016
    RobD said:

MTimT said:

I see the European teams are doing well in the football. Wonder what this does for the Euref?

One hopes they'll throw the tournament to butter us up. :D
    The Home Nations all in the semis?

Oops! I forgot pro-EU Scotland didn't make it to the party.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:

@WhiteWednesday: Significant new opinion poll to be published in The Sunday Telegraph..... #EUref

Hmmmm.... ICM used to work with the SunTele? Maybe the ICM wisdom thing?
    All polls are significant.

At the moment all we can note is that the betting markets aren't moving AFAICS.
  • Options
    MTimT said:

RobD said:

MTimT said:

I see the European teams are doing well in the football. Wonder what this does for the Euref?

One hopes they'll throw the tournament to butter us up. :D
    The Home Nations all in the semis?
    That would be acceptable.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,068
    "Brave" is how one might describe Hodgson's starting XI.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    Charles said:

Danny565 said:

New @OpiniumResearch Westminster VI

Con 35% (+1)

Lab 32 % (+2)

LD 4 (-2) (Yes Four)

UKIP 18% (nc)

Greens 4% (nc)

Lib Dems officially at what used to be "asterisk" level.
    If a Lib Den shouts in a forest but there is no one to hear them, do they really exist?
    I regularly visit libdemvoice.org. It's my psephological equivalent of pity sex. SeanT, eat yer heart out.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,964

Mortimer said:

Danny565 said:

GIN1138 said:

Opinium poll

Remain 43 (nc)

Leave 41 (nc)

Fieldwork 7th June - 10th June

http://ourinsight.opinium.co.uk/survey-results/political-polling-7th-june-2016

Oh!
    Clearly didn't poll where I was campaigning today.
    Do tell.
    Notts. Huge numbers of Leavers, mainly it has to be said people over 60. Very angry and passionate about it. They will be voting, indeed many had by post.

Almost a fight next to our stall as two blokes, one Leave, one Remain, went at it hammer and tongs over whether it would wreck small businesses and trade to leave. Passions are rising.
    Central or outskirts of the city?
    Outskirts. Definitely a split between white, old school working class, especially, say 55+, but sometimes also youngsters, who were all Leave and others who were mainly Remain. No surprises I suppose.

I'm Remain, but by 1 oclock I had given up approaching any blokes over about 50 as it was a waste of time and sometimes was a little unpleasant.

Still, we'll be back next week.

I must be mad.
    So basically your strategy is to concentrate on chatting to young women. :-)

• Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223

Mortimer said:

Danny565 said:

GIN1138 said:

Opinium poll

Remain 43 (nc)

Leave 41 (nc)

Fieldwork 7th June - 10th June

http://ourinsight.opinium.co.uk/survey-results/political-polling-7th-june-2016

Oh!
    Clearly didn't poll where I was campaigning today.
    Do tell.
    Notts. Huge numbers of Leavers, mainly it has to be said people over 60. Very angry and passionate about it. They will be voting, indeed many had by post.

Almost a fight next to our stall as two blokes, one Leave, one Remain, went at it hammer and tongs over whether it would wreck small businesses and trade to leave. Passions are rising.
    Central or outskirts of the city?
    Outskirts. Definitely a split between white, old school working class, especially, say 55+, but sometimes also youngsters, who were all Leave and others who were mainly Remain. No surprises I suppose.

I'm Remain, but by 1 oclock I had given up approaching any blokes over about 50 as it was a waste of time and sometimes was a little unpleasant.

Still, we'll be back next week.

I must be mad.
    Thanks for posting. It's good to hear from the other side too!

Anybody getting into or out of a van who I canvass is, without fail, for Brexit.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 21,039
    chestnut said:

GIN1138 said:

chestnut said:

Danny565 said:

chestnut said:

Lib Dems on 4% on national VI.

Con 35 Lab 32 UKIP 18 SNP 6 Grn 4 LD 4

Is this also Opinium?
    Yes.

The publish VI using 10/10 numbers. They don't seem to with referendum numbers.
    Out of interest what are the numbers with 10/10 for referendum?
    Leave 52 Remain 48
    OK, thanks. :)
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,242
    MTimT said:

I would go so far as to say a European team could win it....
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,052
    Lovely to see the rise of English nationalism in Marseille. I feel particularly proud to be English. Italian news is presenting it hand in hand with Brexit sentiment- nihilistic, nationalism- you can hear our English citizens chanting singing fuck off EU.

I thought we were getting over this sort of nonsense, but with Brexit, this nastiness is being unleashed.

It is really sad to see my country revert back to the populist horror that was so pervasive in 20th Century politics.

On a positive note, I am keeping my fingers crossed that this mindless, overt, English nationalism will be the game changer that persuades people to cross the remain box ie...not wanting anything to do with the overt, shameless, mindless racism, and insular negativity that lies at the heart of the Brexit campaign. Shameful.

BTW- I've unexiled myself.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    "The winner in a democratic election always needs to remember that they have to rule for and over those who did not vote for them."

Oh, Cyclefree, give us a break ! That's why we got 6 years of austerity on 37% of the votes ?
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,231
    edited June 2016
    Any news of JackW?
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    Pulpstar said:

My only Euro 2016 bet is on Russia to win @ 100/1

This game isn't going to be much fun for me to watch.
  • Options

Sheffield people, HARD AS FOOKING NAILS

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/741694877788999680

Representing the Soviet Republic of South Yorkshire?
  • Options
    BenedictWhiteBenedictWhite Posts: 1,944
    surbiton said:

"The winner in a democratic election always needs to remember that they have to rule for and over those who did not vote for them."

Oh, Cyclefree, give us a break ! That's why we got 6 years of austerity on 37% of the votes ?

If you think we've had austerity go talk to a Greek.
  • Options
    tyson said:

Lovely to see the rise of English nationalism in Marseille. I feel particularly proud to be English. Italian news is presenting it hand in hand with Brexit sentiment- nihilistic, nationalism- you can hear our English citizens chanting singing fuck off EU.

I thought we were getting over this sort of nonsense, but with Brexit, this nastiness is being unleashed.

It is really sad to see my country revert back to the populist horror that was so pervasive in 20th Century politics.

On a positive note, I am keeping my fingers crossed that this mindless, overt, English nationalism will be the game changer that persuades people to cross the remain box ie...not wanting anything to do with the overt, shameless, mindless racism, and insular negativity that lies at the heart of the Brexit campaign. Shameful.

No comment on the Russian behaviour? Very balanced :)
  • Options
    Pong said:

Pulpstar said:

I've got a free bet with Italy to beat Germany in the final. If it works out like that I get £50 million... :)
  • Options

Pong said:

Pulpstar said:

I've got a free bet with Italy to beat Germany in the final. If it works out like that I get £50 million... :)
    Drinks on you at the next PB meet?
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    Don't understand the appeal of Lallana (but Vardy can't play wide...)
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,760
  • Options
    RobD said:

Pong said:

Pulpstar said:

If I win £50 mil yes...
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,273

Don't understand the appeal of Lallana (but Vardy can't play wide...)

And if this is the formation he wanted to play, surely he needed another winger like Townsend in the squad?
  • Options
    steve_garnersteve_garner Posts: 1,019
    Your characterisation of "what lies at the heart of the Brexit campaign" is absolutely disgraceful. Shameful indeed. You really don't understand do you?
    tyson said:

• Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869

pinkrose said:

Remember Remain telling us that what happened in Germany won't happen here...

"Three Syrian men have appeared in court accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl in a park in Newcastle.
    Omar Badreddin, 18, Mohammed Alfrouh, 20, and Mohammad Allakkoud, 18, have pleaded not guilty.
    A 16-year-old-boy, understood to be Syrian, has also been charged with sexual assault."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36507138

It was on newsnight last night. One of the families Newsnight were featuring on their journey to UK after being given asylum under Cameron's 20,000 scheme, Omar Badreddin is the son of the family in question. Shocking really.
    On some levels it isn't.

If you bring 20,000 people from anywhere to anywhere, some are bound to be criminals.

That said this sort of behaviour would be less likely in Syria because a family feud would start and also because you are less likely to see an un accompanied woman about.

Clearly this migration isn't well thought out.
    Nobody saw an unaccompanied woman in this case either. They saw a girl, a child. And decided she was fair game.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

When all you are currently known for is being pro-EU, is it really surprising a third of their support has melted away. Probably mostly in the SW...
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    tyson said:

What a shame!
  • Options
    I would think there's every chance of England and/or Russia being thrown out of the tournament if there's any further trouble.

God only knows what impact that might have on the referendum vote in just 12 days time.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    tyson said:

There's an English fan fighting for his life after being attacked. Shame on you, you smug snob.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,977

RobD said:

Pong said:

Pulpstar said:

If I win £50 mil yes...
    Next PB meet at Le Manoir if you win?
  • Options

chestnut said:

When all you are currently known for is being pro-EU, is it really surprising a third of their support has melted away. Probably mostly in the SW...
    Most non-politicos do not even know what the Lib Dems stand for. In many rural areas they were simply the party not the Tories. They are no longer even that.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125

Indigo said:

PlatoSaid said:

PS I know i'm probably carried away. Any Leaver out there who had the day we just did would be too. For as long as it lasts i'm going to enjoy it.

Ride the wave all the way to the beach - it'll be a long time before we do this again. Or if not - I'm making placards.
    In the absence of being able to do that figuratively in the way you lucky chaps are in the UK, today I settled for trying to do that literally, I am probably a bit on the old side for surfing at 48, but given that I living 10 minutes walk from some of the best surf in the world I figured I better get off my arse and go and give it a go :D
    My dear chap, are you sure that is wise? My last quack told me that gentlemen of, ahem, a certain age who take up an active sport for the first time are far more likely to do themselves harm harm good. "Swim gently if you must and can stand the boredom", he said, "but your best bet is to pick a pub about five miles away and walk there for lunch and back afterwards".
    Eminently sensible Mr L,

He was a very wise and gentle physician, alas now retired. He quite literally saved my life once, probably twice, but on the other hand didn't believe the job of the medical profession was to extend life regardless of its quality.

With the boy I have now as my GP I have to spend time searching the internet to check what he is telling me. I caught him out once over a medication he wanted me to start taking. It wasn't difficult - some other quack had me taking the same stuff years ago and it caused me all sorts of grief, all in the notes but the boy doesn't seem to read those.

I have a theory that lower life expectancy amongst the "lower orders" is due not so much to lifestyle but to believing what their GPs tell them and not feeling empowered to challenge crap advice. I also have a sneaking suspicion that of those GPs who are prepared to take a job in a shitty area are, well, shall we say below par.
    Like your good self I tend to take quacks with a pinch of salt.

basically they're just guessing most of the time, educated experienced guesses of course but guesses nonetheless.
    The old adage: that if you see a doctor he will get you back on your feet in seven days, but if you don't see him you'll take a week to recover.....
    History has not been kind to Doctors. Medical pioneers, yes. General choppers, leech users, bleeders, antibiotics overusers, now anti-depressant pushers, not so much. Ongoing pattern of failure to treat the whole patient, treating symptoms not causes, and arrogantly pushing the latest in thing on people. The current crop will be seen in much the same light.
    Indeed - the biggest impact on extended life expectancy throughout history has been advances in public health rather than the work of the medical men. However, we could be entering a period where life expectancy starts to stabilise or even fall mainly due to our excess consumption. Maybe the drop in living standards which a Brexit could produce might be good for our genereal health :)
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:

@WhiteWednesday: Significant new opinion poll to be published in The Sunday Telegraph..... #EUref

Hmmmm.... ICM used to work with the SunTele? Maybe the ICM wisdom thing?
    Possibly

https://twitter.com/TheScepticIsle/status/741689240451420160
  • Options
    AnneJGP said:

pinkrose said:

Remember Remain telling us that what happened in Germany won't happen here...

"Three Syrian men have appeared in court accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl in a park in Newcastle.
    Omar Badreddin, 18, Mohammed Alfrouh, 20, and Mohammad Allakkoud, 18, have pleaded not guilty.
    A 16-year-old-boy, understood to be Syrian, has also been charged with sexual assault."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36507138

It was on newsnight last night. One of the families Newsnight were featuring on their journey to UK after being given asylum under Cameron's 20,000 scheme, Omar Badreddin is the son of the family in question. Shocking really.
    On some levels it isn't.

If you bring 20,000 people from anywhere to anywhere, some are bound to be criminals.

That said this sort of behaviour would be less likely in Syria because a family feud would start and also because you are less likely to see an un accompanied woman about.

Clearly this migration isn't well thought out.
    Nobody saw an unaccompanied woman in this case either. They saw a girl, a child. And decided she was fair game.
    14 years old... Here a child. Not always there.
  • Options
    You can keep your Skinner & Baddiel!

This is the best Enger-land song EVER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re4aDJL3heA
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 115,027
    The fact Leavers on twitter are hyping this poll in The Telegraph, I'm assuming it is very good for Leave.
  • Options

The fact Leavers on twitter are hyping this poll in The Telegraph, I'm assuming it is very good for Leave.

CROSSOVER!!!!
  • Options

MTimT said:

I tell you if Remain can use these horrible images from Marseille being stoked by Brexit insular nationalism then this could provide the pivotal moment.

If I was Brexit I wouldn't like my cause to be chanted by these mindless hooligans. But there again, at Brexit's heart lies a dark racism so I doubt very much that they can disassociate themselves from it.
  • Options
    Peter Crouch on ITV looks like he has inherited the teeth from one of the BeeGees......
  • Options
    tyson said:

MTimT said:

I tell you if Remain can use these horrible images from Marseille being stoked by Brexit insular nationalism then this could provide the pivotal moment.

If I was Brexit I wouldn't like my cause to be chanted by these mindless hooligans. But there again, at Brexit's heart lies a dark racism so I doubt very much that they can disassociate themselves from it.
    Yeah yeah yeah...yada yada yada.....
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Brexits on full exposure in Marseille alongwith Putin and Le Pen's thugs. Similar kind of people.

They are singing anti-EU songs. I didn't know the EU was playing.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,775

Peter Crouch on ITV looks like he has inherited the teeth from one of the BeeGees......

As he once remarked when asked if he wasn't a footballer what would he be....a virgin...
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,089
    tyson said:

If you want a vision of the future Tyson, think of an English boot stamping on a European face -forever!
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited June 2016

chestnut said:

To go behind the SNP in a GB-wide poll is, well, time to give up.
    The SNP figure is Garbo though as it would require 70+% vote share in Scotland to get there
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

RobD said:

Pong said:

Pulpstar said:

If I win £50 mil yes...
    Next PB meet at Le Manoir if you win?
    Where?

Probably not, I like the National Liberal club..
  • Options
    tyson said:

MTimT said:

Do you need a hug?
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    The desperation is palpable.
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    Alistair said:

chestnut said:

To go behind the SNP in a GB-wide poll is, well, time to give up.
    The SNP figure is Garbo though as it would require 70+% vote share in Scotland to get there
    Nice autocorrect. All the SNP want is to be left alone...
  • Options
    How the undecideds are breaking (from Opinium)

Lean more towards the UK REMAINING in the EU 17%

Undecided but more likely to vote REMAIN than LEAVE 22%

Undecided but more likely to vote LEAVE than REMAIN 23%

Lean more towards the UK LEAVING the EU 4%

So that's 39% of Undecideds moving to Remain and 27% towards Leave
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    tyson said:

Well, it's a fine effort, but frankly, not one of your best. Perhaps you and Roger could get together and collaborate on something with a little more panache and much more smugness and condescension?

Apart from the repetition of 'overt' and and 'mindless', you had golden opportunities to use 'parochial', 'xenephobic' and 'little Englander' and failed to do so.

I think it reads much better as:

"On a positive note, I am keeping my fingers crossed that this mindless, unabashed English xenephobia will be the game changer that persuades people to vote remain, repulsed by the parochial, unthinking racism that surely dwells in the hearts of the little Englanders in the Brexit campaign."

HTH.
  • Options
    Any news of PtP for that matter .... another PB.com stalwart of10 years + standing, who appears to have disappeared ..... out of character and worrying.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    edited June 2016
    I give up trying to campaign for the various Leave campaigns. They can't even organise a fucking poster through the post. Just came back from a wasted two hour journey trying to meet people for canvassing. Fuck it Remain will win this, Leave couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Tried phoning, e-mailing etc but nothing from Vote leave, Labour Leave etc.

Can't be fucked to vote if these lot are so crap, do we want them running the country? No.
    Sad really as I am staunchy leave aswell. I wonder who else has had similar experiences to mine.
  • Options
    Tony said:

DanSmith said:

chestnut said:

Leave 8 ahead on Opinium before they start weighting and 4.5 ahead on 10/10.

Unweighted they have 15% UKIP, weighted they have knocked UKIP down to 11.5% which seems a bit much to me.
    The leave lead evaporates with their new Social attitudes re-weighting which was introduced last week. The Observer last week reported the result without this tweak and completely ignored the changes, be interesting if they do the same tonight.
    Pollsters are just making it up as they go along to herd to the same results.
    Online tweaking to decrease Leave, Phone tweaking to decrease remain.
    Herding is a real problem.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Brexits on full exposure in Marseille alongwith Putin and Le Pen's thugs. Similar kind of people.

The hooligans are singing fuck off EU, OUT, OUT, OUT, Isis Isis, where are you.

I am really hoping that these images make people see sense, and see the darkness that pervades Brexit.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 56,247

Informed hyping, or emotional hopeful hyping?
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

Any news of PtP for that matter .... another PB.com stalwart of10 years + standing, who appears to have disappeared ..... out of character and worrying.

Emailed last week. Busy elsewhere. At his country estate for the summer.
  • Options
    nunu said:

I give up trying to campaign for the various Leave campaigns. They can't even organise a fucking poster through the post. Just came back from a wasted two hour journey trying to meet people for canvassing. Fuck it Remain will win this, Leave couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Tried phoning, e-mailing etc but nothing from Vote leave, Labour Leave etc.

Can't be fucked to vote if these lot are so crap, do we want them running the country? No.
    Sad really as I am staunchy leave aswell. I wonder who else has had similar experiences to mine.

The fact that your local organiser is disorganised isn't a reason to give up.
  • Options
    RealBritainRealBritain Posts: 255
    tyson said:

surbiton said:

I am really hoping that these images make people see sense, and see the darkness that pervades Brexit.
    Too stupid to realise they're helping the remainers instead. Even the rightwing press will start reporting on this soon ; the Guardian already has.
  • Options

Looks like informed hyping.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    surbiton said:

Le Pen is what is there if we Remain. Along with AfD, law and justice, PVV and others.

Many of these are in power or close to gaining power in the nations you want to sacrifice our sovereignty and law making powers to.

It is you who want the far right in power not leavers.
  • Options

Doesn't matter what it is, it's a poll and we know there is only one that counts.

All the polls are all over the place so it is anyone's guess as to what is actually happening.
  • Options
    tyson said:

MTimT said:

You're right Tyson. We are the British version of the Sturmabteilung. Boris Johnson will deliver a speech at Wembley finishing with "Now People rise up, and let the Storm break loose!"

And then, we'll be coming for you.
  • Options

Thanks
  • Options

tyson said:

surbiton said:

Too stupid to realise they're helping the remainers instead. Even the rightwing press will start reporting on this soon ; the Guardian already has.
    I may be wrong but I don't think the Guardian is the house paper of the Brexit voters.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,921
    justin124 said:

You can't read anything into the cross breaks unfortunately. The pollster will make sure the sample is weighted correctly for Scots, Conservative supporters,over 60's and social class CDE's. But the sample may have to many older Tory working class Scots (they do exist!) And not enough younger middle class SNP supporters.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Tony said:

DanSmith said:

chestnut said:

Unweighted they have 15% UKIP, weighted they have knocked UKIP down to 11.5% which seems a bit much to me.
    The leave lead evaporates with their new Social attitudes re-weighting which was introduced last week. The Observer last week reported the result without this tweak and completely ignored the changes, be interesting if they do the same tonight.
    I don't advocate any herding or data manipulation.

But, it might not be a good thing to have solid Leave leads in the polls this weekend. It runs the risk of goading HMG, EU and others into significant action next week and, if it swings just 2-3% of undecideds, that could be crucial.

Solid Leave leads next weekend, and it's almost too late to respond.
  • Options
    Paul_BedfordshirePaul_Bedfordshire Posts: 3,632
    edited June 2016

And now give us the figures before tbe weighting adustments (you know, tbe ones that had leave eight points ahead)
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,273
    England fans booing the Russian National Anthem - that's a win for Leave, right? Or are they nice Remain voters? :D
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,775
    Hart, Walker, Cahill, Smalling, Rose; Alli, Dier, Rooney; Sterling, Kane, Lallana.

Hmmmm....
  • Options

nunu said:

its not one "organiser" i've tried the different Leave groups-all shit.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

And now give us the figures before tbe weighting adustments (you know, tbe ones that had leave eight points ahead)

Youve lost and you know it.
    Don't talk dribble.

But I do love the complacency of Leavers.
  • Options
    If you believe there's a genuine risk of England being thrown out of Euro 2016 - apparently the trouble is continuing outside the ground as I post, then you can lay them on betfair against reaching the last 16 at 1.11, i.e. 1/9. Hmm .....
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642

Who is hyping it out of interest?
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    tyson said:

surbiton said:

I hope you won't feel insulted by this, but what you are commenting on is the same pervasive darkness that led very many people to shout similar things about Mrs Thatcher and the Tories.

And welcome back. :smile:
  • Options
    RealBritainRealBritain Posts: 255

tyson said:

surbiton said:

I may be wrong but I don't think the Guardian is the house paper of the Brexit voters.
    The status-conscious Mail always hates hooligans almost as much as it hates immigrants and the European Union. If they carry on with some of this stuff, coverage of it will inevitably move into the Brexiter's house paper too.
  • Options
    OUTOUT Posts: 569
    tyson said:

surbiton said:

You'll be hoping for an early exit for the team then? Only to spare those poor europeans ears.
  • Options

Don't talk dribble.
    If we all took that approach there would have been nothing on PB for the last 2 months.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    MP_SE said:

https://twitter.com/WhiteWednesday/status/741686454284357634
  • Options
    tyson said:

surbiton said:

So if a few Muslims were to commit acts of terrorism, we have to condemn ALL Muslims? Is that what you're implying?
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    nunu said:

Hi nunu,

I'm very sad to hear you had such a bad experience. I will PM you in case you want to help us south of the river.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Tony said:

DanSmith said:

chestnut said:

But, it might not be a good thing to have solid Leave leads in the polls this weekend. It runs the risk of goading HMG, EU and others into significant action next week and, if it swings just 2-3% of undecideds, that could be crucial.

Absolutely. 50/50 or thereabouts is what we want. There must be no complacency.
  • Options

In the spirit of Cyclefree's article, we shouldn't treat this as some kind of game. We're voting to either leave or remain in the EU.

If Remain gets the largest vote share I shan't consider that I've lost, anymore than an ardent remainer would if the roles were reversed.

Based on this poll it's going to be very close. However, I still think Remain has more resources than Leave, and that the undecideds will drift towards the status quo.
  • Options

Don't talk dribble.

KEEP CALM AND ENJOY THE FOOTY!
  • Options

Don't talk dribble.

How is the canvassing going?
  • Options

Don't talk dribble.
    If we all took that approach there would have been nothing on PB for the last 2 months.
    Only two months ;) ? Anyway, to the football!
  • Options
    It appears that it is a case of Russian Hooligans attacking english fans in the main.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    Still nil nil, good start(!)
  • Options

Don't talk dribble.

Because it's so in the bag for Brexit..... *looks heavenwards....*
  • Options
    Just thinking of all those Scots drinking vodka and cheering on Russia.
  • Options
    nunu said:

nunu said:

Really? Well, still get out and vote... Please.
  • Options

MP_SE said:

https://twitter.com/WhiteWednesday/status/741686454284357634
    What would constitute "significant" or "very significant" for that matter?
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

Tony said:

DanSmith said:

chestnut said:

Absolutely. 50/50 or thereabouts is what we want. There must be no complacency.
    50/50 makes a good, sellable, story. There is a saying that a consultant is someone you pay to tell you what you want to hear....
  • Options

Just thinking of all those Scots drinking vodka and cheering on Russia.

We Putin-loving Little Englanders are feeling so conflicted....
  • Options

Don't talk dribble.

The sad thing is that what is in a poll doesn't actually matter so there is no need to get unpleasant about it. I am not complacent.
  • Options

nunu said:

nunu said:

Really? Well, still get out and vote... Please.
    I think I'll back remain now can't have these halfwits running the country.
This discussion has been closed.