Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Cyclefree on What Do They Mean By That?

Comments

• Options
    Meanwhile, my icon Mrs Duffy could have told them so.

"Labour MPs are very nervous about what the canvas returns in their own areas are telling them. It is running 70-30 for Brexit in some seats, I’m told.
    “What I am most struck by is Labour MPs’ gloom about the big northern cities,” says one Cabinet minister closely involved with the In campaign."
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1265595/pm-must-heed-the-godfather-over-ill-judged-hatred-of-boris-johnson/
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,720
    MP_SE said:

MP_SE said:

Looks like this is the poll in The Telegraph, says Leave on 42, doesn't give a Remain figure

British voters have voiced their overwhelming support for a “Norway-style” arrangement in the event of a decision to leave the European Union that would ensure that the UK could retain its access to the single market.

A new poll, commissioned by the Adam Smith Institute think tank has revealed that support for a deal along the lines of the Nordic country’s relationship with the continental bloc outweighs opposition by two-to-one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/11/uk-voters-back-norway-style-brexit-poll-reveals/

Vote Leave should have done some polling before ruling out EEA+EFTA.
    WTF. How would 99% of voters grasp a bunch of initials they had never heard of?
    I have never had any trouble explaining it to Remainers and undecideds. Most are completely unaware it is possible to retain access to the single market and also have an emergency brake on immigration that can be triggered unilaterally. It could be sold as maintaining free trade whilst opting out of political union.
    Anything can be explained to people during a discussion. But most people make gut decisions based off very brief information, and as pages like these demonstrate, more information sometimes only confuses matters (I've seen plenty of debates on that topic and get muddled by it). Many people think for instance EU nationals may be expelled starting from June 24th - there is no way such a thing is happening, but people believe it, good luck getting people to understand EEA and EFTA en masse when such a thing is harder to explain than that we're not about to immediately expel people.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Having recently met Charles I can personally vouch that he is a charming bloke, entirely self effacing, and not remotely pompous.

He's also 10-20 years younger than I expected, which was disconcerting.

He's only 25?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,517
    Russia equalise
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 115,054
    Bollocks
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,314
    Feck
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,592
    England throw it
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391

RoyalBlue said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

RoyalBlue said:

SeanT said:

POINTLESS ANECDOTE KLAXON

Just had a very nice boozy, birthday lunch in Soho with about 40 people, mostly middle aged London professionals, but some others, too - a fireman, for instance.

Consensus, they are voting REMAIN - but they think LEAVE will now win. And they understand why ("it's not just about money"). More were LEAVERS than I expected.

As a LEAVER I was quite heartened as I left, but then I walked home through a very prosperous, happy London, full of foreigners spending money in our bars, restaurants, shops and theatres and I got a sudden shiver of doubt: are we about to destroy this money-making machine, that is London?

I'm still LEAVE, I still think REMAIN will win, and I am fearful of both outcomes, to be honest.

Singapore seems to work rather well. The capital will be fine; no other European city comes close.

There I agree, London is now the greatest city in Europe by a distance. Paris is not playing in the same league, Berlin is a village in comparison. Even New York struggles to match London.

This is a revolution from when I first arrived in a kind-of-grand, but obviously tired, faded, post imperial city, with a declining population, in 1981.

Are we about to fuck this up?

I am LEAVE, but I have significant concerns.
    Sean, it's difficult to know how to phrase this without coming across like a pretentious tosser, so bear with me ;)

My family has a fairly unique relationship with London - it represents one of the three pillars that the entire edifice rests (the others being Dawlish and Gasper). Our entire sense of being and function in life is to serve London, its people and its community (as one of my cousins put it in the 1920s 'God has been good to our family in that we have been asked to serve in a role which is not unpleasant and where we can be of quiet assistance to people').

We would do nothing to risk the continued success of London as a world city. And yet all of the partners have now voted for Leave, as have most of the rest of the family (it's only the French branch that has been grumpy).

London will survive and London will flourish. It always does, and always will. And we will still be there to do our bit.
    Wow. Are you trying to win the world championships in arrogance, grandiloquence AND pretentiousness?

If so, congrats!

PS I think you're a great poster, but please think how you sound.
    He sounds fine to me thanks.
    Agreed. Those of us who have been around PB long enough have come to realise Charles' family move in rather exalted circles within the City. I take his comments as a simple statement of fact rather than any kind of pretension.
    Ordinarily excellent poster, but that particular comment was quite ridiculous. He's entitled to think it, it may be true, but it will strike most people as very odd to eulogise your own family to outsiders like that.

Anyhow, Russia just drowned out this post...
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,700
    Damn.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,270
    Wales top the group by 2 points.....
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    rude words.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    Oh my God England.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

STUPID England. As you were.

We're still crap.

I think a 1-1 draw was pretty much what I expected, a win would have been a bonus
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    DavidL said:

Rooney playing better for England than Man U. Edit: Or rather, played.

And Sterling finally goes. Hurrah!
    But who will run up blind alleys and give the ball away now?
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 39,054
    Can't be close to world class with a defence like that. Just abysmal.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

STUPID England. As you were.

We're still crap.

Someone's channeling David Cameron.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

I could never look Charles in the face. He is better than me :-)

Don't be silly. You've built a business. I've never done that
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,700
    Alistair said:

DavidL said:

England can feel very hard done by there but if Vardy had played most of the game instead of Sterling they would have won.
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    Charles said:

SeanT said:

Here it comes, as predicted by me, PENSIONS, PENSIONS, PENSIONS, if Leave haven't prepared for this, they are numpties

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/741723800987918336

is that it? PENSIONS WILL END IF BREXIT

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...
    Indeed but even Remains inference of the removal of someone's pension is an evil wicked ploy by to play on the old and vulnerable.

Remain really really are in complete panic because this would never have been said had they felt anywhere near winning. I am starting to agree with others on here. They think or perhaps know they are going to lose. They had the NHS the other day being destroyed because of Brexit , now pensions they are just going for all the soft targets. What next Brexit and we kill all your first born with pitchforks.

Cameron is so fucked now whatever the result happens to be. He is going to end up being he more hated than Blair or Brown and I never thought possible ever. The other big danger of course is that Remainers will also never be forgiven because they as directly associated with these remarks and even cheering them on.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,270
    Perfect result for Wales.
  • Options
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,997
    DavidL said:

Alistair said:

DavidL said:

England can feel very hard done by there but if Vardy had played most of the game instead of Sterling they would have won.
    I cant understand why they didnt play Vardy in the second half.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    I would have thought Rashford was worth a punt for the last 20 minutes. England ought to have to have won that game.
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    Lol! Classic England. And that is why they ain't getting anywhere near the semis.
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Here it comes, as predicted by me, PENSIONS, PENSIONS, PENSIONS, if Leave haven't prepared for this, they are numpties

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...
    Indeed but even Remains inference of the removal of someone's pension is an evil wicked ploy by to play on the old and vulnerable.

Remain really really are in complete panic because this would never have been said had they felt anywhere near winning. I am starting to agree with others on here. They think or perhaps know they are going to lose. They had the NHS the other day being destroyed because of Brexit , now pensions they are just going for all the soft targets. What next Brexit and we kill all your first born with pitchforks.

Cameron is so fucked now whatever the result happens to be. He is going to end up being he more hated than Blair or Brown and I never thought possible ever. The other big danger of course is that Remainers will also never be forgiven because they as directly associated with these remarks and even cheering them on.
    He is not talking about pensioners losing their pension. He is saying that if the economy is adversely affected the triple lock could come under pressure.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Too many substandard Liverpool and Spurs players in the England team.

A pair of teams that constantly flatter to deceive and whose best players play for Belgium or Brazil.

How on earth is Vardy being overlooked?
  • Options
    SeanT said:

That should have been 3-1

Rubbish finishing.

Hm.

Terrible defending. It was always going to be our problem.

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,293
    The Russians have invaded the England sections in the Stade Veledrome.
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869

There was a cut back in state pensions by at least one country in the EU. Funny that. They stayed in the EU in recent years and after the recession they cut state pensions and other state benefits. That country is Ireland.

This may not be entirely a 'last throw of the dice' thing. If Mr Cameron/Mr Osborne are starting to think Leave may win this, they might also be pushing this line to soften up us oldies for a change in tack, which would be useful whether it's Remain or Leave.

I think there's no doubt the retired have been let off lightly - although when you consider the very frail poor who need far more care than is paid for, that would have a strange sound.
  • Options

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...

He is not talking about pensioners losing their pension. He is saying that if the economy is adversely affected the triple lock could come under pressure.
    so scaring pensioners now.
  • Options

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...

"So here is the reality: if we leave, the pensioner benefits would be under threat, and the Triple Lock could no longer be guaranteed in the long term."
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    Goodnight all.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    kle4 said:

Off topic, I asked awhile back on travel advice, but ran into trouble renewing my passport (now resolved) and not wanting to make plans for the summer before I had it, have probably missed my chance for good summer plans.

Any suggestions for a decent locale for an autumnal getaway? Areas of historical interest in particular? Money's no object, unless we're talking tens of thousands. I had been thinking Russia when planning for the summer.

Portugal. Never mind the Algarve, start in Lisbon - more history than you can shake a stick at, really good grub, lovely architecture and very nice people. You also have Sintra nearby and of course the coastal railway out to Estoril and Cascais via the old Portuguese Llama homestead at Carcavelos.

There is enough there to keep you going for at least a week. However I do recommend that you head North. Get a car and drift up through the region around Coimbra (the city itself is worth a couple of days and between there and the coast is my favourite bit of Portugal). Then carry on heading North to Oporto - again a place just dripping in history as well as fine booze. I have yet to meet an Englishman who arrived in Oporto and didn't fall in love with the place.
  • Options

Lol! Classic England. And that is why they ain't getting anywhere near the semis.

Look on the bright side theyve cheered up the Scots and the Welsh
  • Options
    SeanT said:

HYUFD said:
    Is this the "significant" Sun Tele poll? Or Sunday Times?

YAWN
    Telegraph one
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

DavidL said:

Because Roy Hodgson is hopeless. Quite why he kept his job after the WC debacle is a mystery.
  • Options
    valleyboyvalleyboy Posts: 606
    only one thing to say tonight
    'WALES'
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,811
    We could all see that coming couldn't we....
  • Options
    SeanT said:

HYUFD said:

YAWN
    Telegraph also has 'UK voters favour Norway style Brexit' 57% to 24%
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,382

SeanT said:

HYUFD said:

YAWN
    Telegraph one
    Never trust someone hyping his poll!
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,774
    I blame a REMAIN conspiracy!
  • Options

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...

Bollocks....it's what the pensioners make of it who have no idea what triple lock means let alone what it does. It's a scare tactic pure and simple. When you do that you have lost the argument.

Shame on you shame on you!!
  • Options
    John_M said:

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...

"So here is the reality: if we leave, the pensioner benefits would be under threat, and the Triple Lock could no longer be guaranteed in the long term."
    No different to the Bank of England and IFS warnings but then who are they!!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I think we can all see how the World Cup in Russia is going to play out...think it definitely one to give a miss.
  • Options

SeanT said:

HYUFD said:

YAWN
    Telegraph one
    Indeed
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,386
    edited June 2016
    Charles said:

viewcode said:

Charles said:

But are you objecting to the fact that the next PM should implement what the people voted for - which is to leave the EU

No. I've said repeatedly on here (well, at least twice) that a LEAVE vote should be followed by an Article 50 invocation ASAP, to avoid administrative chaos.
    Charles said:

There's been no other vote on any other policy.

I think that's a somewhat naive interpretation. Vote LEAVE are running on a very clear prospectus: Leave EU, leave EEA, institute a points-based system, renegotiate relationships ad novum with every other country. If LEAVE win then that's a mandate for same.
    Dan Hannan would disagree with you. As would BfB (which was the core of VoteLeave)
    I'm sure they would. But I think Vote Leave have mutated out of their reach.

[Edit: remove the flimflammery]
  • Options
    John_M said:

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...

Yes that is the reality if the economy tanks
  • Options

kle4 said:

Off topic, I asked awhile back on travel advice, but ran into trouble renewing my passport (now resolved) and not wanting to make plans for the summer before I had it, have probably missed my chance for good summer plans.

Any suggestions for a decent locale for an autumnal getaway? Areas of historical interest in particular? Money's no object, unless we're talking tens of thousands. I had been thinking Russia when planning for the summer.

Portugal. Never mind the Algarve, start in Lisbon - more history than you can shake a stick at, really good grub, lovely architecture and very nice people. You also have Sintra nearby and of course the coastal railway out to Estoril and Cascais via the old Portuguese Llama homestead at Carcavelos.

There is enough there to keep you going for at least a week. However I do recommend that you head North. Get a car and drift up through the region around Coimbra (the city itself is worth a couple of days and between there and the coast is my favourite bit of Portugal). Then carry on heading North to Oporto - again a place just dripping in history as well as fine booze. I have yet to meet an Englishman who arrived in Oporto and didn't fall in love with the place.
    Thanks for suggestions all.

That being said, an odd time to get my passport with its 'European Union' bit on the front - will they have to reissue new covers for everyone in a few years?
  • Options
    steve_garnersteve_garner Posts: 1,019
    Until now I've always been a Cameron supporter, and I think in many ways putting together and keeping together the Coalition is one of the most remarkable achievements in our political history. However, his campaign to stay in the EU has been appalling and his scaremongering over pensions is a new low, and one I would never have expected him to stoop to. The sooner he is gone the better. He has lost every iota of respect I ever had for him. As a die hard Tory supporter it pains me to write this post.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642

SeanT said:

HYUFD said:

YAWN
    Telegraph one
    Roland Smith has for a long time argued that EEA+EFTA should be the preferred option for leaving the EU. The poll is pretty significant as it shows which option people prefer.
  • Options

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

DavidL said:

Because Roy Hodgson is hopeless. Quite why he kept his job after the WC debacle is a mystery.
    No one else wanted the job, probably.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    The 42% quoted - is misleading, I think - the sentence is:-

He highlighted the 42pc of Britons who said they would vote for Brexit, and also believed that EFTA membership should be considered, against 45pc of leavers who said it should not.

So that means that 42% of Brexit voters suggest EFTA and 45% of Brexit voters consider something else.

Nothing about how MANY are bexiters.
  • Options

John_M said:

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...

I was struck by his omission of the overseas aid budget from potential cuts. Cameron's priorities are just wrong, I'm sorry to say.
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,314

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...

No, he's telling it how it is. How can we afford TV licenses and bus passes and triple locks if we end up with another major economic shock?
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    viewcode said:

and when they win, they will win. And do what they said they will do.

Yes, Leave the EU.
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...

Bollocks....it's what the pensioners make of it who have no idea what triple lock means let alone what it does. It's a scare tactic pure and simple. When you do that you have lost the argument.

Shame on you shame on you!!
    Shame on you to
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

DavidL said:

Alan Pardew wants it. And as a Palace fan, I can say his tactical incompetence would be a good fit with England!
  • Options
    BenedictWhiteBenedictWhite Posts: 1,944

John_M said:

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...

They don't cover what happens if we stay and have to bail out places like Italy and how we will then not be able to afford pensions...
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,346
    edited June 2016
    MP_SE said:

SeanT said:

HYUFD said:

YAWN
    Telegraph one
    Roland Smith has for a long time argued that EEA+EFTA should be the preferred option for leaving the EU. The poll is pretty significant as it shows which option people prefer.
    Do they?

What was the precise question wording and the options given?

This is a classic example of potentially asking a leading question and people just saying Yes to something that sounds OK.
  • Options
    GideonWiseGideonWise Posts: 1,123
    It turns out Cameron is a bit of a scumbag doesn't it?
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    MP_SE said:

SeanT said:

HYUFD said:

YAWN
    Telegraph one
    One poll, which could be dodgy for all we know, being pushed by conservative libertarians.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792

I think we can all see how the World Cup in Russia is going to play out...think it definitely one to give a miss.

There's something disgusting about this tournament. The sooner England are out the better.
  • Options

It turns out Cameron is a bit of a scumbag doesn't it?

It turns out he does what he thinks he needs to in order to win. That is not a surprise.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

SeanT said:

Having recently met Charles I can personally vouch that he is a charming bloke, entirely self effacing, and not remotely pompous.

He's also 10-20 years younger than I expected, which was disconcerting.

The elites are actually youth stealing vampires, as is well known.
    Goddamn it, you beat me to it!
  • Options
    No police presence inside the stadium....genius.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,346
    Is there also a YouGov in Sunday Times?

If so then two YouGovs on the same night?
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,352

viewcode said:

SeanT said:

...are we about to destroy this money-making machine, that is London?...

No. You're just going to take London out of one its largest financial markets, disrupt the inflow of cheap workers which underpin rapid construction, institute an immigration system that's command planning at its finest, and crash the currency. Simultaneously. Why would you possibly think that?

Parenthetically, do you know why Chernobyl went boom? They decided to see what would happen if they raised the temperature of the core without the safety systems in place. And then they found out...

You left out WW3 and the plague of frogs or have those fears been dropped?

How about higher wages, lower prices, more affordable housing, less crowded schools, easier GP & NHS access?

viewcode said:

SeanT said:

...are we about to destroy this money-making machine, that is London?...

No. You're just going to take London out of one its largest financial markets, disrupt the inflow of cheap workers which underpin rapid construction, institute an immigration system that's command planning at its finest, and crash the currency. Simultaneously. Why would you possibly think that?

Parenthetically, do you know why Chernobyl went boom? They decided to see what would happen if they raised the temperature of the core without the safety systems in place. And then they found out...

You left out WW3 and the plague of frogs or have those fears been dropped?

How about higher wages, lower prices, more affordable housing, less crowded schools, easier GP & NHS access?
    John_M said:

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...

If Brexit means getting rid of the triple lock then suddenly I'm interested. The triple lock is one of the worst economic policies made by a British Government in the last 20 years
  • Options
    Apart from the mass doping and hooliganism, anyone else looking forward to the 2018 World Cup?
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 21,068
    MikeL said:

Looks like it....

YouGov taking over the universe!!!!!!
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 56,335
    SeanT said:

HYUFD said:

Yougov
    Leave 43%
    Remain 42%

YAWN
    I favour significant criminal punishment for overhyping polls.

Right, that's it. Logging off for the evening.

G'night.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Yes there's a YouGov in The Sunday Times too.

Not the first time we've had two YouGovs in the same night
  • Options
    John_M said:

John_M said:

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...

I was struck by his omission of the overseas aid budget from potential cuts. Cameron's priorities are just wrong, I'm sorry to say.
    I don't disagree on foreign aid cut backs but David Cameron is coming from the view that the economy will be hit and that the triple lock is certainly one that has been exempt from any cuts. I also object in the strongest manner to leave supporters abuse and the idiotic 'shame on you' comment. I do not need this abuse and am leaving the site for a short period and hope when I return all differing views will be respected. Good night
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352

MikeL said:

That way at least one might be half right...
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...

No, he's telling it how it is. How can we afford TV licenses and bus passes and triple locks if we end up with another major economic shock?
    Cut the DfID budget?
  • Options
    GravitationGravitation Posts: 281
    Look on the bright side - we used to get boring one point leads from YouGov every night.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 21,068
    edited June 2016

MikeL said:

I've known YouGov to go three times a night before now.... :open_mouth: :
  • Options

Apart from the mass doping and hooliganism, anyone else looking forward to the 2018 World Cup?

Sure it will go off without any problems...I won't be going that's for certain.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

John_M said:

John_M said:

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...

I don't disagree on foreign aid cut backs but David Cameron is coming from the view that the economy will be hit and that the triple lock is certainly one that has been exempt from any cuts. I also object in the strongest manner to leave supporters abuse and the idiotic 'shame on you' comment. I do not need this abuse and am leaving the site for a short period and hope when I return all differing views will be respected. Good night
    I took the "shame on you" remark to be aimed at Mr Cameron rather than your good self Mr G. We do try and keep things civil on here. Goodnight.
  • Options

It'll be a riot!

No, seriously, it will.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,352
    GIN1138 said:

MikeL said:

A fresh poll every time ;-)
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

MikeL said:

I assume not Peter Kellner and Baroness Ashton
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

There's something disgusting about this tournament. The sooner England are out the better.
    Why blame us for Russian Ultras?

**confused**
  • Options

John_M said:

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...

They don't cover what happens if we stay and have to bail out places like Italy and how we will then not be able to afford pensions...

Yep, ridiculous: continuing contribution to EU budget, no meaningful reduction in immigration and acceptance of most EU laws with no say in their framing. A great fig leaf for a Tory Leaver climbdown post-vote, though.

• Options

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...

No he isn't he;s just making it up as he goes along.

If we can afford to throw £10bn a year down the toilet at DfID so Cameron can jolly about as Dame Bountiful then we can stop and afford to pay our oldies instead

It's simply a question of priorities.

Really this is just pure bollocks.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,098

kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

DavidL said:

Alan Pardew wants it. And as a Palace fan, I can say his tactical incompetence would be a good fit with England!
    He'd have to accept all the intrusion into his private life.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

GIN1138 said:

MikeL said:

I assume not Peter Kellner and Baroness Ashton
    They own a Dalek. True fact.
  • Options
    Russian fans are going to kill people during this tournament. Great news the World Cup is there in two years' time.
  • Options
    YouGov for Sunday Times:
    Who is "scaremongering"?
    41% think Remain have done more, 28% think leave have done more.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,549
    edited June 2016

It'll be a riot!

No, seriously, it will.
    Europeans will be fearful of travelling to the nationalistic, isolationist backwaters on the fringes of the continent.
  • Options
    This on twitter:
    https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/741739813859168256

Same as the other Yougov poll, slight swing to leave.
  • Options

John_M said:

John_M said:

Moses_ said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Also, HEDGEHOGS
    *could* not *will*...

Bye!

Scare threats to pensions and pensioners... an appalling approach by Remain.
This discussion has been closed.