Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The final battle of WH2020 – the Georgia run-off for two senate seats – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited November 2020 in General
imageThe final battle of WH2020 – the Georgia run-off for two senate seats – politicalbetting.com

Map Wikipedia

Read the full story here

Comments

• IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    edited November 2020
    1st, let's kill all the lawyers.

(Would have been brilliant last thread, anyway).
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,165
    Back of the queue, like the Irish.
  • eekeek Posts: 24,797
    edited November 2020
    2nd which is about the amount of time it should have taken Greg Clarke to resign.

Damn 3rd really doesn't work - he's resigned from the FA by the way.
  • eekeek Posts: 24,797
    Oh to own a TV station in Georgia for the next 2 months - absolutely every advert is going to pro or anti a candidate.
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603
    FPT:

My take on this:

(1) The UK is the first European country Biden called, or took. Almost no-one expected that.
    (2) It shouldn't really matter much anyway; I'd far prefer to have the best call rather than the first call.
    (3) Realpolitik - it might be Biden thought talking to Johnson now would help convince Trump he's now internationally isolated, and to concede.
    (4) If Trump does not, the UK is a big intelligence, defence and security ally of the USA and you can see why Biden might need its help and co-operation in the most serious situation.
    (5) The UK is the key decision-maker right now in the Brexit deal (in that it'll decide whether to have one or not) which Biden is very much interested in to stabilise UK, Ireland and the EU. Once sorted, it's one problem off Biden's list and the UK is a reliable ally again.

So, this makes sense.

Yes, ultimately the US and UK have a lot of shared interests regardless of who is in charge and both are fairly reliable security and intelligence allies, something that can't be said for European countries and the US or the UK and European countries. If anything the UK and US have never been individually as weak as this in geopolitical terms, now is the time for the US and UK to hold the special relationship together and make it the bedrock of a western alliance against China and other aggressor states.

• tlg86 said:

When it is the queue for the aslyum, it is best to be at the back ;)
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,400
    edited November 2020
    tlg86 said:

Scott_xP said:
    Had he said "footballers of colour" would that have been acceptable? I mean, we've imported BLM from America, why not that phrase too?
    Seems like an apology rather than resignation would have been sufficient. People mess up terminology without it meaning the worse, I would hope most would accept that, else they are suggesting terminological slip ups are on equal footing with far worse behaviour.

At least the report actually says what he said - sometimes a report will say someone said something offensive, but not what it was so it can be hard to judge how offended everyone should be.
    tlg86 said:

Nah, they'll get first state visit.
    eek said:

2nd which is about the amount of time it should have taken Greg Clarke to resign.

For saying coloured instead of black? The guy should have resigned over being in cahoots with the Big 6, but this seems ridiculous.
    Given the senate candidates for the Republicans are busy calling the state SoS corrupt or an idiot rather than focusing on the upcoming races, hopefully they will mess it up.
  • Sadly i think you guys are underestimating trumps chances of overturning the result. Watch Steve Bannons warroom they seem pretty confident plus they have giuliani on side who took down the five families. Remember our media has a very strong anti trump bias so we get a very skewed impression over here. They are concentrating on Pennsylvania where many ballots arrived after the cutoff time. In fact some services have already withdrawn that state from biden. Remember the likes of robert moore on itv cant hide their bias i get it he hates trump but this filters through to how we perceive things
    peter505 said:

Sadly i think you guys are underestimating trumps chances of overturning the result. Watch Steve Bannons warroom they seem pretty confident plus they have giuliani on side who took down the five families. Remember our media has a very strong anti trump bias so we get a very skewed impression over here. They are concentrating on Pennsylvania where many ballots arrived after the cutoff time. In fact some services have already withdrawn that state from biden. Remember the likes of robert moore on itv cant hide their bias i get it he hates trump but this filters through to how we perceive things

If confidence was enough to ensure victory Trump would have won with 145% of the vote. But there's a mixture of people taking the idea of Trump's chances too seriously, and dismissing it entirely. For what it is worth given many of the lawsuits so far have been so poorly put together as to be laughable, it doesn't seem unreasonable to be skeptical about the legal challenges and the arguments being made.
    peter505 said:

Sadly i think you guys are underestimating trumps chances of overturning the result. Watch Steve Bannons warroom they seem pretty confident plus they have giuliani on side who took down the five families. Remember our media has a very strong anti trump bias so we get a very skewed impression over here. They are concentrating on Pennsylvania where many ballots arrived after the cutoff time. In fact some services have already withdrawn that state from biden. Remember the likes of robert moore on itv cant hide their bias i get it he hates trump but this filters through to how we perceive things

Welcome, and I def agree that I get very nervous on other peoples' behalf when I see "LOL, Biden 1.03 for president, free money" posts.
  • contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818
    peter505 said:

And of course Johnson has seemingly thrown his lot in with Biden. After a stellar year, Johnson has surely has one giant b8lls-up left in him. Backing the wrong horse in the pressie election and effing up Britain's trade deal would surely cap it all
  • RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    edited November 2020
    Strange to hear David Bernstein putting the boot into Greg Clarke. The background to that might be interesting. It's a den of vipers at the FA
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,751
    IshmaelZ said:

If we kill all the lawyers, there’ll be no way of banging up David Perdue.
  • Betfair really has messed up this race. Arses.
  • kinabalukinabalu Posts: 38,851
    peter505 said:

Utter drivel. Go away.
  • Talking of lawyers, Leeds and Harrogate based solicitor is now in charge of the FA, he did a similar role for the Premier League.

peter505 said:

And of course Johnson has seemingly thrown his lot in with Biden. After a stellar year, Johnson has surely has one giant b8lls-up left in him. Backing the wrong horse in the pressie election and effing up Britain's trade deal would surely cap it all
    You too. Piss off. Quality Control button activated.
    What’s the diplomatic term for ‘gloating?’
  • alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518
    peter505 said:

Fake news.

• HYUFD said:

Laurence Fox clearly still in Trump mode

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1326216949823627265?s=20

I'm actually concerned for the man's mental wellbeing. His 'crusade' started out as being against wokeism, so where's all this weird WEF globalist takeover stuff now coming from? Is a full QAnon alignment imminent?
  • MightyAlexMightyAlex Posts: 1,410
    Could the Democrats just bribe Georgia? Promise pork in American breakfast quantities?
    peter505 said:

I’m intrigued to learn Fox News has a strong anti-Trump bias.

Or rather, I’m intrigued to see they have developed one as it’s obvious both that he’s completely lost touch with reality and power is draining away from him.
    On topic -

Yes, this GA senate battle will be huge. Really looking forward to it.
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited November 2020
    FPT

Thinking... now might be the time to buy the FTSE100/250.

All my research is telling me the UK is cheap, and it should jump by 4-6% once a Brexit deal is announced.

I'm going to move a couple of stacks across in my Vanguard S&S ISA.

You could be right but to play Devils Advocate remember that Brexit was supposed to send the FTSE south but actually sterling fell and the FTSE100 went up in value due to the fall in sterling (a lot of foreign earnings in the FTSE100).

A deal could be the reverse, see Sterling appreciate which could put negative pressure on FTSE100.

From memory the 250 are less affected by this distortion so might be better. DYOR etc
  • FPT:

HYUFD said:

You can be a Catholic and a Jewish Tory if you are also a monarchist and Unionist, you cannot however be an atheist, who wants to abolish the monarchy and break up the Union as you do and still be a Tory

The more I read comments like this, the more it becomes obvious I can never be a Tory.

The behaviour of the Bluekippers are persuading me that Scotland and N Ireland are best served by leaving the UK.

BTW - I have the atheist bit all sorted out :+1:

As for the monarchy - a historic relic that still poisons English society by providing a framework for the wretched "Class system" and its associated attitudes. It needs to go.
    Yes, you're yet another one who wants to blow up the whole ship because you've been driven mad by Brexit, and sense it will drive mad in turn those who advocated for it.

I remember when you were posting on here regularly as a "Better Off Out" poster.

Your arguments and style were embarrassing then and are no less embarrassing now.
    The problem was that in my BOO days I had not really considered the problem and why would I? There was no prospect of leaving at that time.

Then everything changed.

When I looked at the argument in depth, it became clear that BOO was not going to work well and I changed my position (as per the quote from J M Keynes).

I have not been driven mad by Brexit - why should I? I am immune to Brexit thanks to my Irish citizenship. It is the Leavers who are going mad because their pet project is not going to plan. They are the ones running around blaming anyone and anything.
    The trouble is Beverley there is never any nuance or measuredness to your argument: you've gone from vociferously venting well to my right flank and then you quickly skedaddled after the vote to the other side and now are vociferously venting at me from the left-flank whilst undergoing a complete values shift in the process. There's no consistency at all except the use of a lot of smilies, and throwing barbs at the fundamentals of the British state.

Why would I take that seriously or want to engage with it?
    The only major change I made in my position has been over shifting away from BOO. The other change you are referring to (skedaddling) to the left is the resultant of a minor shift leftward by me and a massive lurch to the right by the Conservatives.

As for the smileys, we have a comedian for PM. The only thing left to do is laugh.
    Ok, but you must know that arguing for the break-up of the UK (or at least being agnostic about it) and for the abolition of monarchy and dismissive of other British institutions is bound to provoke a strong response.

If I need to be more tolerant of those who have multi-layered identities (and I do) then perhaps you need to be more so of the British one, because these are the building blocks that keep everything else stable.
    My problem is that my sense of Britishness has been massively diminished, but not by Brexit. It has been caused by the UKIP sympathisers that infest a lot of the Conservative Party (think ERG plus some of the new Boris-loyal intake).

I cannot interchange Britishness with Englishness like many of them seem to do because I am not English. In fact their pronouncements and actions make me value the establishment less and less to the point that I feel I have a much better understanding of the Scottish viewpoint. I certainly have a lot more sympathy with the Scots and to a certain extent Brexit validates Scottish Indy - if it is valid for Britain to "Take Back Control" then it is valid for Scotland too.

The truth of the matter is that if the govt had been competent in organising itself and its affairs over the last few years then I would be less adrift. But the core of the problem is that there has been so much incompetence, stupidity and posturing that I would be embarrassed to whip out a British passport when aboard. It is hard to be a citizen of a laughing stock.
    Thanks. That makes more sense, and I understand that.

I've always wanted a sensible rational deal that we can coalesce around (notwithstanding how we voted in the EURef) and that we can all then move on from, and build on. And I don't want to be laughed at either.

I don't want to see you go by the way. Hope you decide to stay.
    I have said may times that I would accept an EEA deal. What I will not accept is the sort of isolationism so prized by the extremists.

HYUFD said:

I'm actually concerned for the man's mental wellbeing. His 'crusade' started out as being against wokeism, so where's all this weird WEF globalist takeover stuff now coming from? Is a full QAnon alignment imminent?
    I wonder if Laurence Fox's craziness can be dated back to when he played a Nazi in Foyle's war.
  • RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    IshmaelZ said:

peter505 said:

Welcome, and I def agree that I get very nervous on other peoples' behalf when I see "LOL, Biden 1.03 for president, free money" posts.
    Don't worry Boris has fixed it for Biden.

Embarrassing to read the eulogies to Johnson because the president elect had the good manners to take a phone call. What would you expect him to do?

Boris who?

.....Click brrrrrr
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

Appoint him an honorary QC. Then you can kill him.
  • BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556

peter505 said:

Perhaps he'd have thrown his lot in with Trump if Trump had, y'know, won the election...
  • FPT

Thinking... now might be the time to buy the FTSE100/250.

All my research is telling me the UK is cheap, and it should jump by 4-6% once a Brexit deal is announced.

I'm going to move a couple of stacks across in my Vanguard S&S ISA.

You could be right but to play Devils Advocate remember that Brexit was supposed to send the FTSE south but actually sterling fell and the FTSE100 went up in value due to the fall in sterling (a lot of foreign earnings in the FTSE100).

A deal could be the reverse, see Sterling appreciate which could put negative pressure on FTSE100.

From memory the 250 are less affected by this distortion so might be better. DYOR etc
    Yeah, true and that's why I've skewed my buys toward the 250.

It's the 250 more for the valuation rises and the 100 more for the dividends.
  • ydoethur said:

Waterlooing.
  • Roger said:

IshmaelZ said:

peter505 said:

Embarrassing to read the eulogies to Johnson because the president elect had the good manners to take a phone call. What would you expect him to do?

Boris who?

.....Click brrrrrr
    You just do not get it do you
    IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

I don’t think America has QCs, but it’s an interesting possibility.
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    Any news from our man in Dublin, especially after that earlier tweet? *innocent face*
  • FPT:

HYUFD said:

You can be a Catholic and a Jewish Tory if you are also a monarchist and Unionist, you cannot however be an atheist, who wants to abolish the monarchy and break up the Union as you do and still be a Tory

The more I read comments like this, the more it becomes obvious I can never be a Tory.

The behaviour of the Bluekippers are persuading me that Scotland and N Ireland are best served by leaving the UK.

As for the monarchy - a historic relic that still poisons English society by providing a framework for the wretched "Class system" and its associated attitudes. It needs to go.
    Yes, you're yet another one who wants to blow up the whole ship because you've been driven mad by Brexit, and sense it will drive mad in turn those who advocated for it.

I remember when you were posting on here regularly as a "Better Off Out" poster.

Your arguments and style were embarrassing then and are no less embarrassing now.
    The problem was that in my BOO days I had not really considered the problem and why would I? There was no prospect of leaving at that time.

Then everything changed.

When I looked at the argument in depth, it became clear that BOO was not going to work well and I changed my position (as per the quote from J M Keynes).

I have not been driven mad by Brexit - why should I? I am immune to Brexit thanks to my Irish citizenship. It is the Leavers who are going mad because their pet project is not going to plan. They are the ones running around blaming anyone and anything.
    The trouble is Beverley there is never any nuance or measuredness to your argument: you've gone from vociferously venting well to my right flank and then you quickly skedaddled after the vote to the other side and now are vociferously venting at me from the left-flank whilst undergoing a complete values shift in the process. There's no consistency at all except the use of a lot of smilies, and throwing barbs at the fundamentals of the British state.

The only major change I made in my position has been over shifting away from BOO. The other change you are referring to (skedaddling) to the left is the resultant of a minor shift leftward by me and a massive lurch to the right by the Conservatives.

As for the smileys, we have a comedian for PM. The only thing left to do is laugh.
    Ok, but you must know that arguing for the break-up of the UK (or at least being agnostic about it) and for the abolition of monarchy and dismissive of other British institutions is bound to provoke a strong response.

If I need to be more tolerant of those who have multi-layered identities (and I do) then perhaps you need to be more so of the British one, because these are the building blocks that keep everything else stable.
    My problem is that my sense of Britishness has been massively diminished, but not by Brexit. It has been caused by the UKIP sympathisers that infest a lot of the Conservative Party (think ERG plus some of the new Boris-loyal intake).

I cannot interchange Britishness with Englishness like many of them seem to do because I am not English. In fact their pronouncements and actions make me value the establishment less and less to the point that I feel I have a much better understanding of the Scottish viewpoint. I certainly have a lot more sympathy with the Scots and to a certain extent Brexit validates Scottish Indy - if it is valid for Britain to "Take Back Control" then it is valid for Scotland too.

The truth of the matter is that if the govt had been competent in organising itself and its affairs over the last few years then I would be less adrift. But the core of the problem is that there has been so much incompetence, stupidity and posturing that I would be embarrassed to whip out a British passport when aboard. It is hard to be a citizen of a laughing stock.

I've always wanted a sensible rational deal that we can coalesce around (notwithstanding how we voted in the EURef) and that we can all then move on from, and build on. And I don't want to be laughed at either.

I have said may times that I would accept an EEA deal. What I will not accept is the sort of isolationism so prized by the extremists.
    Ideally, I'd settle for an outer common market only ring with Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, UK and Turkey all in it -with weighted votes - but no political union, and a level of qualification and brake on free movement.

The European political and economic arrangements just need much more flexibility, and I don't think that's a threat to the core EU. Countries should be able to move into and out of it if they want to.
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,624
    ydoethur said:

peter505 said:

Or rather, I’m intrigued to see they have developed one as it’s obvious both that he’s completely lost touch with reality and power is draining away from him.
    It's not so much that Fox News left Trump as Trump left them.

Mind you, worryingly, a coupe of very well educated American friends of mine are talking about stolen elections. Not the people who you'd of thought would even tolerate Trump in a million years. That hints at an ugly breadth of belief in this garbage t me...
  • GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,072

FPT:

HYUFD said:

Then everything changed.

Ideally, I'd settle for an outer common market only ring with Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, UK and Turkey all in it -with weighted votes - but no political union, and a level of qualification and brake on free movement.

The European political and economic arrangements just need much more flexibility, and I don't think that's a threat to the core EU. Countries should be able to move into and out of it if they want to.
    As would I.

HYUFD said:

One hopes for his sake that it's all about profile and money. I sense it is for many of these alt right media types.
  • rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    ydoethur said:

peter505 said:

Oh that's simple. Rupert hates losers.
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Waterlooing.
    Metternich was once talking to the British ambassador, and complimented him on his excellent French. ‘You are the only Englishman I have ever met who speaks it well,’ sneered Metternich. ‘Why, even the common man in Vienna speaks it better than the educated man in London.’

‘That may well be,’ replied Lord Dudley. ‘Your Highness should recall Napoleon has not been twice in London to teach them.’
    The art of rudeness has fallen a long way.....

• JACK_WJACK_W Posts: 651
    PB has an excellent tradition of welcoming new posters and whilst some may not share the view of @peter505 it's pretty shabby to attack him in such a fashion.

Welcome @peter505 . We are for the most part a pretty friendly mob. Just be careful of considering donating to @Peter_the_Punter and his feather boa fund - it's a ticklish issue here ....
    kle4 said:

tlg86 said:

Nah, they'll get first state visit.
    Hopefully they don't serve up Jedward again!
    JACK_W said:

PB has an excellent tradition of welcoming new posters and whilst some may not share the view of @peter505 it's pretty shabby to attack him in such a fashion.

Welcome @peter505 . We are for the most part a pretty friendly mob. Just be careful of considering donating to @Peter_the_Punter and his feather boa fund - it's a ticklish issue here ....

No it isn't shabby. Wise up FFS.
  • FPT:

HYUFD said:

Then everything changed.

As would I.
    Thank Christ. Maybe there is hope?

Maybe there is even a thread header.. if I can pull the pen out of my procrastinating arse.
    kinabalu said:

On topic -

It will make the difference between Biden & Harris being able to do something before the mid-terms, or not.

If there was a market, I would take any odds that McConnell will try to block.... Everything.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,069

FPT:

HYUFD said:

Then everything changed.

Yes, but fantasy unicorn Brexits don't play in the real world.

What you propose is a vassal state Brexit, where we follow the rules of others. Full membership is the only way to help set the rules, or full exit.
  • FPT:

HYUFD said:

Then everything changed.

As would I.
    And so would I
  • FishingFishing Posts: 4,555
    edited November 2020
    On topic, I have a slightly redneck friend from Georgia who has never bothered to register before. He didn't like Trump very much but really dislikes Biden so he's told me that he's going to register and vote in these elections "so Biden can't do anything".

He lives in Sweden and is pretty flakey so he may not get around to doing it, but on the basis of my sub-sample of one it will be a GOP sweep in January.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,787

There are practical implications to being in or out of the institutions that significantly impact people and businesses so it can never be something countries can do unilaterally on a whim.
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,674
    tlg86 said:

eek said:

For saying coloured instead of black? The guy should have resigned over being in cahoots with the Big 6, but this seems ridiculous.
    Utter PCC bollox
  • RobD said:
    Can we send them all to Mars? Or Venus?

kinabalu said:

On topic -

It will make the difference between Biden & Harris being able to do something before the mid-terms, or not.

If there was a market, I would take any odds that McConnell will try to block.... Everything.
    It's almost like a penalty shootout in the final. And plus with the Trump thing in the air. Talk about an edgy period for US democracy!
    kinabalu said:

JACK_W said:

We clearly have different standards.

PB is not an echo chamber for your views.

PB has always prided itself on have a diversity of view and if you can't cope with that then perhaps this forum isn't the place for you.
    RobD said:
    Trump will be like the Avignon Pope.
  • BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556

RobD said:
    Can we send them all to Mars? Or Venus?
    There are more suitable planets.
  • JACK_W said:

It's probably just isam back with a new account
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,771

RobD said:
    The Avignon Pope was the real pope, IIRC.
  • swing_voterswing_voter Posts: 1,435
    Fishing said:

On topic, I have a slightly redneck friend from Georgia who has never bothered to register before. He didn't like Trump very much but really dislikes Biden so he's told me that he's going to register and vote in these elections "so Biden can't do anything".

He lives in Sweden and is pretty flakey so he may not get around to doing it, but on the basis of my sub-sample of one it will be a GOP sweep in January.

I thought the republicans dont want postal votes?
    The tweet from Jennifer Arcuri is weird, but it's perhaps indicative of how many people are buying Trump's alternative reality.
  • Foxy said:

FPT:

HYUFD said:

Then everything changed.

Yes, but fantasy unicorn Brexits don't play in the real world.

What you propose is a vassal state Brexit, where we follow the rules of others. Full membership is the only way to help set the rules, or full exit.
    Not quite. EEA countries are the halfway-house. They get input into some of the rule making, pay a lower fee for membership and also have more autonomy.
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    @swing_voter things went a bit awry with your earlier post!
    rcs1000 said:

peter505 said:

The Trump administration doesn't need to get one result overturned, they need to get three:

(1) Arizona
    (2) Pennsylvania
    (3) Georgia

And, by the way, they need to actually reverse the votes. They can't just say "do over" or "doesn't count", they have to reverse the decisions.

In Arizona and Georgia, they will also have to deal with the fact that elected, Republican, Secretaries of State will have certified the votes.

Furthermore, the Pennsylvania ballots that arrived after cut off time have not been counted. They have been set aside. So Biden's 75,000 vote margin in the state is before late arriving ballots.

Could you please point me in the direction of a single law suit that alleges anything material enough to overturn one of these?

(And bear in mind the Trump administration record in cases - cases largely in front of Trump appointed judges - is 12-0. 12 losses. No wins.)
    So, Biden 1.09 on betfair, loadsa liquidity.

Insurance start-ups are usually awash with cash their first year...
  • RobD said:
    He's more of a Antipope.
    JACK_W said:

kinabalu said:

JACK_W said:

PB has always prided itself on have a diversity of view and if you can't cope with that then perhaps this forum isn't the place for you.
    Yes. I have higher standards.

Roger said:

IshmaelZ said:

peter505 said:

Boris who?

.....Click brrrrrr
    Boris desperately calling to try and pretend he amounts to something , pathetic cretin. Probably gave a false name to get put through.
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,263
    peter505 said:

Hi Peter - welcome.

I think your view is a minority one, but interesting. My sense is that the GOP is not seriously expecting to have Trump reelected (this year, anyway), but they want to raise enough dust to cast doubt on the concept of Biden having a mandate.

On topic, although I was sceptical the other day, quite a few people seem to be expecting a split result with Perdue winning but not his colleague. I'd have thought the Democrats have a fair shot at both.

ydoethur said:

Brown noser
  • rcs1000 said:

RobD said:
    The Avignon Pope was the real pope, IIRC.
    Maybe the Aviemore Pope then
  • noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,454
    edited November 2020

The tweet from Jennifer Arcuri is weird, but it's perhaps indicative of how many people are buying Trump's alternative reality.

The polling yesterday was 24% of Americans think Trump will be the next President. Only 45% of Republicans think that is unlikely to happen.

Each day that goes on Trump is hardening that support. Pompeo another senior Republican to make it clear where he stands.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

I don’t think America has QCs, but it’s an interesting possibility.
    America doesn't have barristers or solicitors either, just lawyers and any barrister who has passed the state bar can also appear in that states courts
  • malcolmg said:

ydoethur said:

Brown noser
    Malcolm, French is la langue diplomatique. C'est "Un homme au nez brun" ;)
    It looks like Russia was the winner of the war between Azerbaijan and Armenia.

https://twitter.com/aldin_ww/status/1326215357074468864
  • YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    rcs1000 said:

peter505 said:

The Trump administration doesn't need to get one result overturned, they need to get three:

(1) Arizona
    (2) Pennsylvania
    (3) Georgia

And, by the way, they need to actually reverse the votes. They can't just say "do over" or "doesn't count", they have to reverse the decisions.

In Arizona and Georgia, they will also have to deal with the fact that elected, Republican, Secretaries of State will have certified the votes.

Furthermore, the Pennsylvania ballots that arrived after cut off time have not been counted. They have been set aside. So Biden's 75,000 vote margin in the state is before late arriving ballots.

Could you please point me in the direction of a single law suit that alleges anything material enough to overturn one of these?

(And bear in mind the Trump administration record in cases - cases largely in front of Trump appointed judges - is 12-0. 12 losses. No wins.)
    Thank you for that post.
    Surely all the USA voters need facts and reality.
    A democracy can end if elections are overturned on falsehoods.
    Isn't it a bit tricky for the GOP senate candidates to be campaigning for the Senate to be a restraint on Biden whilst simultaneously arguing that he lost the election and won't be President?
    edited November 2020
    malcolmg said:

ydoethur said:

Brown noser
    Evening Malc. Were you referring to me, TSE or the Ambassador? :smiley:
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,146
    What on earth did you do, get a battered haggis pudden and deep-fried pizza from a burger van at 2 am in the morning after eight pints of heavy?!

There are plenty of decent places to eat esp around Byres Road, though I usually end up at the Kelvingrove Museum orangery or the Mackintosh House in Bellahouston Park.
    malcolmg said:

Roger said:

IshmaelZ said:

peter505 said:

Boris who?

.....Click brrrrrr
    Boris desperately calling to try and pretend he amounts to something , pathetic cretin. Probably gave a false name to get put through.
    That would be All Johnson.
    edited November 2020
    IshmaelZ said:

rcs1000 said:

peter505 said:

(1) Arizona
    (2) Pennsylvania
    (3) Georgia

So, Biden 1.09 on betfair, loadsa liquidity.

Insurance start-ups are usually awash with cash their first year...
    I have HAMMERED it.

It's a bet on the US remaining a democracy.

But anyway, Ok, I'll sign off since I'm posting in a bad temper, which is never good.

Just sick & tired of people getting sucked into Donald Trump's bullshit.

Onward Christian Soldiers. :smile:
    kinabalu said:

JACK_W said:

kinabalu said:

JACK_W said:

Yes. I have higher standards.
    Then kindly show it and not act like a child who is throwing their toys out the pram.
  • The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    edited November 2020

HYUFD said:

He’s a nutter.

Also, I tend to find that all of these kinds of people on Twitter who are mainly preoccupied with the idea that ‘wokeism’, ‘cancel culture’, ‘virtue signalling’ and social justice warriors is the greatest challenge we face tend to be right weirdos anyway.
  • Roy_G_Biv said:

JACK_W said:

It's probably just isam back with a new account
    Has the Ban Hammer been in action?

The polling yesterday was 24% of Americans think Trump will be the next President. Only 45% of Republicans think that is unlikely to happen.

Each day that goes on Trump is hardening that support. Pompeo another senior Republican to make it clear where he stands.
    Well, he might be the next President.

Logically, if he stays in office he’s not the next President, and their numbering confirms this.

But he’s the next President if he runs in 2024 and wins again.
  • What a loony tunes that Arcuri is.

Where is isam? Has he gone?
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    edited November 2020
    The Democrat Ossoff currently leads 47.9% to 47.7% for the GOP Perdue in the first Senate race in Georgia, in the special election Georgia race it is the Democrat Warner on 32.9% who will face the Republican Loeffler who got 25.9%, 3rd placed Republican Collins got 20% and Lieberman the second Democrat came last on 2%

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/results/senate
  • Carnyx said:

What on earth did you do, get a battered haggis pudden and deep-fried pizza from a burger van at 2 am in the morning after eight pints of heavy?!

There are plenty of decent places to eat esp around Byres Road, though I usually end up at the Kelvingrove Museum orangery or the Mackintosh House in Bellahouston Park.
    I went to one of those places that had started gentrifying, you know those places in Glasgow that started putting bog rolls in the toilets.

In my defence, my last trip to Glasgow coincided with an Old Firm Derby.

I love Edinburgh, been many times and would love to go again.
This discussion has been closed.