Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2020 Euro final thread – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• kle4kle4 Posts: 91,408

Pagan2 said:

Black Lives Matter But Can’t Score From The Penalty Spot

What an unpleasant racist comment
    What did you expect he is one of you lefties I think
    He's not speaking for me mate. Long time since I have been called a lefty. Oh Jeremy Corbyn.
    They disowned me too, I'm centrist scum now
    That's my favourite kind of scum!
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,082
    IanB2 said:

dixiedean said:

Foxy said:

dixiedean said:

Rashford totally cocked that up, what on Earth happened there

Did he? He sent the goalie the wrong way.
    A foot from being the perfect penalty.
    Pickford had a good tournament. Arguably Man of The Tournament.
    He did.
    But I wouldn't go that far.
    Probably Chiesa
    Yes, perhaps. Or the Italian keeper.

I was thinking MOTT for England.
  • kjhkjh Posts: 10,468
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Italy win, it all went wrong then when Rashford spent all his time campaigning against the government rather than practicing his penalties

You should hope nobody screenshots that and lets the media know.

You'd be resigning your seat.
    No I most certainly would not it is what many were thinking and I got several likes for it on twitter.

There was nothing remotely racist about it, if Rashford had spent as much time practising his football as he had campaigning against government policy who knows what might have happened.

He is a highly paid professional footballer at the end of the day, if he wants to be a full time political campaigner he should do so and give up the football
    Oh I don't know many MPs seem to hold down 2nd jobs.
  • RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,016

How many minutes before the pundits call for Southgate's head? After all, he knows how important penalties are. He has had them practising. And they were shite. Must be his fault.

Also, can I predict that Twitter will now attack taking the knee and how wonderfully multicultural the team is. "The ones who look English scored. The migrants missed" etc etc.

The criticism I've seen on Twitter and online is that they were young kids who hadn't kicked the ball all game and put under too much pressure with just a couple of minutes on the field.

Don't project your own prejudices onto others.
    My prejudices? They're all giants however shit their penalty ended up being. To step up and take responsibility is a massive thing. What they need is what Southgate has given them - his handling of the players on the pitch after the end has been a study in good people management.
    You talk about how everyone else is bigoted but actually expose your own in the process.

You're a hyperinflated balloon, not a serious poster.
    One day, if I practice really really hard, I may be good enough to be as inflated a balloon as HYUFD.
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

How many minutes before the pundits call for Southgate's head? After all, he knows how important penalties are. He has had them practising. And they were shite. Must be his fault.

Also, can I predict that Twitter will now attack taking the knee and how wonderfully multicultural the team is. "The ones who look English scored. The migrants missed" etc etc.

The criticism I've seen on Twitter and online is that they were young kids who hadn't kicked the ball all game and put under too much pressure with just a couple of minutes on the field.

Don't project your own prejudices onto others.
    My prejudices? They're all giants however shit their penalty ended up being. To step up and take responsibility is a massive thing. What they need is what Southgate has given them - his handling of the players on the pitch after the end has been a study in good people management.
    You talk about how everyone else is bigoted but actually expose your own in the process.

You're a hyperinflated balloon, not a serious poster.
    One day, if I practice really really hard, I may be good enough to be as inflated a balloon as HYUFD.
    Dream on .... :smiley:
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Shocking to see some of the comments here.

Can see who is a sports/football fan and who isn't.

I feel very small now.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950
    HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Is the mod team going to do something about the obvious troll?

It's not obvious to me. Who are you suggesting? All the names look familiar to me.

HYUFD made a slightly wild comment but don't hound him off the board. That's a feeble thing to do. We don't just want like minded robots on here, surely?
    Not H.

We're talking Mr Racist Bigot.

It's not a difficult spot.
    I am hardly racist, last night I was with my wife in a dinner of 15 and the only non Black British person there.

I would have made exactly the same comment had Rashford been white
    I don't think your remark was racist. Despite your some of my best friends are black schtick.

But it was fucking stupid.

Do you have a day job? If so you still find time to be chair of your local party and post on PB.

That surely by your own estimation doesn't add up.
  • kle4 said:

Pagan2 said:

He's not speaking for me mate. Long time since I have been called a lefty. Oh Jeremy Corbyn.
    I think the absolute worst quality of our politics now is that people aren't able to change their minds or views on anything without ridicule.

We should encourage that kind of behaviour but we don't.
  • glwglw Posts: 9,535

tlg86 said:

kle4 said:

Rashford's will hurt the most. Poor penalties being saved is one thing, you can think how maybe you were unlucky the keeper guessed correctly, but missing is all on you.

Actually, I don't have a problem with a player hitting the woodwork if they are shooting properly. The Sancho and Saka misses were pretty poor in my opinion as they were safe kicks. But Rashford's was the worse.
    Slab head Maguire was the best penalty of the whole lot. Fired at pace right into the top corner.
    Exactly. That was damn near perfect. That x 5 was what they should have been going for.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,094
    HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

It's not obvious to me. Who are you suggesting? All the names look familiar to me.

HYUFD made a slightly wild comment but don't hound him off the board. That's a feeble thing to do. We don't just want like minded robots on here, surely?
    Not H.

I am hardly racist, last night I was with my wife in a dinner of 15 and the only non Black British person there.

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Not H.

Breaking the Covid rules on indoor gatherings?
  • There's some awful footage from Wembley.

TSE called it right.
  • RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,016
    So I post that we need to watch for the England "fans" who attack the players who missed for their ethnicity. Nonsense, I am assured, and I am a "hyperinflated balloon" for doing so.

And yet we had a PBer on here. Tonight. Doing what I said racist tossers would do. Leading to his ban.

As I said earlier I have eyes and a brain. Sorry if I point at things some people wish weren't there. Mr Racist has rightly been banned. But he and his mates are all out there. Which is why the players need to take the knee as a firm gesture against them.

kle4 said:

Pagan2 said:

I think the absolute worst quality of our politics now is that people aren't able to change their minds or views on anything without ridicule.

We should encourage that kind of behaviour but we don't.
    We demand the changing of minds, but every change, or 'u-turn' is treated as a humiliation. Every past sin or comment must be held against someone forever.
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Every time I see a replay of that Rashford penalty I want to chuck my phone at the TV.

That would be an expensive mistake.

PS Why torture yourself, just don't watch it.
    It is insured.
    Against deliberate damage?
    Accidental damage.

I'll say I'll slipped and fell.
    I thought lawyers weren’t supposed to lie or commit fraud?
  • DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 23,944
    Roger said:

Anyone think Rashford or Saka or Sancho would have the bottle to have done this (or been broke enough!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWqmqGsTTBI

I bloody hope not. Southgate was not popular for that pizza advert.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,981
    edited July 2021
    Charles said:

Every time I see a replay of that Rashford penalty I want to chuck my phone at the TV.

It is insured.
    Accidental damage.

Oh Charles, you are so sweet and innocent at times.

It was my best recollection of events.
  • LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 14,773
    Bonfires being lit in Northern Ireland to celebrate the victory of Papist Rome over Protestant England.

A step forward perhaps?
    Charles said:

It is insured.
    Accidental damage.

A shame, as they are so good at it too.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,842

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Italy win, it all went wrong then when Rashford spent all his time campaigning against the government rather than practicing his penalties

No I most certainly would not it is what many were thinking and I got several likes for it on twitter.

There was nothing remotely racist about it, if Rashford had spent as much time practising his football as he had campaigning against government policy who knows what might have happened.

He is a highly paid professional footballer at the end of the day, if he wants to be a full time political campaigner he should do so and give up the football
    You have absolutely no awareness and to be honest best advice is to have an early night, though it is not early
    Yes the usual anti Johnson crowd on here (including you) and PB thought police will pile on but tough it was an entirely reasonable comment
    Does it not cut both ways, that the PM should stop fucking about getting involved in football photo ops and get on with governing the country?
    He'd then have far more time for...driving forklifts, posing with vaccines, observing building sites, etc.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,719
    IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Not H.

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Not H.

No at a restaurant, 3 separate tables
  • northern_monkeynorthern_monkey Posts: 1,493
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Aaaaand the mask slips. Sometimes I think Nye Bevan was spot on.

Again, a Tory is essentially saying a successful, working class man who has made good has forfeited the right to comment on poor people being shat on, because of his success. You should be ashamed of yourself. You won’t be, of course. You’re a Tory.
    edited July 2021
    TOPPING said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Not H.

I don't think your remark was racist. Despite your some of my best friends are black schtick.

Do you have a day job? If so you still find time to be chair of your local party and post on PB.

Yes but there is a difference between the amount of work I need to do in my average paid day job and as a local branch chair and town councillor (unpaid) and the amount of work a top professional footballer needs to put in to justify their million pounds a year annnual salary
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Not H.

That’s what @kinabalu was saying - you’re not “mr racist bigot”
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274

There's some awful footage from Wembley.

TSE called it right.

Talking about English fans beating other English fans who stormed the stadium up? Or has it kicked off afterwards?
    dixiedean said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

You have absolutely no awareness and to be honest best advice is to have an early night, though it is not early
    Yes the usual anti Johnson crowd on here (including you) and PB thought police will pile on but tough it was an entirely reasonable comment
    Does it not cut both ways, that the PM should stop fucking about getting involved in football photo ops and get on with governing the country?
    He'd then have far more time for...driving forklifts, posing with vaccines, observing building sites, etc.
    The serious folks in government must have a special team keeping his diary full of silly things to do, with extra points for events a long way from London
    IanB2 said:

dixiedean said:

Foxy said:

dixiedean said:

He did.
    Probably Chiesa
    Or Chiellini or Bonucci.
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614
    Matt was right. Again.

• https://twitter.com/NewsForAllUK/status/1414350526544744455

It might just be Italian fans in Scotland but again, so tacky
    HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Not H.

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Not H.

No at a restaurant, 3 separate tables
    How come you had time to go out and watch the football when you have a day job, post on PB, and are chair of your local party?
    Well, I must say I feel much better already. Hopes were raised, then dashed, but despite not being great tonight the team in general being decent has been proven two tournaments in a row, and I leave this one with a positive feeling toward the team and its prospects.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,286
    How did Italy not qualify for the last world cup?
  • CookieCookie Posts: 11,184
    Is this a warm-ip for the bigger disappointment tomorrow when Boris announces the cancellation of freedom day? How confident is anyone feeling about that?
    dixiedean said:

IanB2 said:

dixiedean said:

Foxy said:

dixiedean said:

He did.
    Probably Chiesa
    Or Chiellini or Bonucci.
    Pirlo and Gattuso were a great duo. With Buffon in goal. That was a great team.
  • I didn't call @HYUFD racist, please withdraw the implication I did thank you. I did tell you to fuck off, I stand by that
    Foxy said:

IanB2 said:

dixiedean said:

Foxy said:

dixiedean said:

He did.
    Probably Chiesa
    Yes, perhaps. Or the Italian keeper.

I was thinking MOTT for England.
    Can make a good case. Even the goal tonight came off a top class save.
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,165
    Andy_JS said:

How did Italy not qualify for the last world cup?

Finished second to Spain in their group and then lost over two legs to Sweden who defended very well.
    HYUFD said:

TOPPING said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Not H.

Yes but there is a difference between the amount of work I need to do in my average paid day job and as a local branch chair and town councillor (unpaid) and the amount of work a top professional footballer needs to put in to justify their million pounds a year annnual salary
    My heart bleeds. Politics of envy. You should be applauding it. Free market in action, innit?
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,004

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Again, a Tory is essentially saying a successful, working class man who has made good has forfeited the right to comment on poor people being shat on, because of his success. You should be ashamed of yourself. You won’t be, of course. You’re a Tory.
    This conservative has called @HYUFD out tonight for his ridiculous comments and many others in the party would condemn his remarks

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Rashford was campaigning for free school meals not only during term time, which is fine but during school holidays too on top of benefits. It was a Labour driven campaign whether you agree with it or not and he was involving himself too much in it
    Well, at least Berrettini doesn't need to worry about anyone in Italy noticing he lost his final.
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

I didn't call @HYUFD racist, please withdraw the implication I did thank you. I did tell you to fuck off, I stand by that

Not a racist, just a ****
    edited July 2021
    kle4 said:

Well, I must say I feel much better already. Hopes were raised, then dashed, but despite not being great tonight the team in general being decent has been proven two tournaments in a row, and I leave this one with a positive feeling toward the team and its prospects.

Yep it's true Gareth will look at the tactics he played in each game and will, like all the commentators tonight and a fair few of us, realise the shortcomings and make amendments next time.

When he played those tactics against Germany he said he would have been sacked if it hadn't worked. He played them tonight and won't be sacked but he will I hope learn from it.
  • https://twitter.com/NewsForAllUK/status/1414352609461297154

Now you tell me the UK is open and tolerant in all places, that racism doesn't exist. That taking the knee is useless, that all of this doesn't matter. This is a young man putting on an England shirt and representing his country.

Nobody deserves this kind of abuse.
  • jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,261
    Cookie said:

Is this a warm-ip for the bigger disappointment tomorrow when Boris announces the cancellation of freedom day? How confident is anyone feeling about that?

He's not going to cancel it, if he was I think it would have leaked to some papers/journalists by now.

He's going to announce it in full and it's going to be one of the most wishy washy, government essentially on the fence things he has ever done. More questions than answers after it.
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Rashford was campaigning for free school meals not only during term time, which is fine but during school holidays too on top of benefits. It was a Labour driven campaign whether you agree with it or not and he was involving himself too much in it
    Why was he? Do you make the rules?
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

I would argue HYUFD doesn't represent anyone other than himself
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,981
    Cookie said:

I did hear from a reliable source this afternoon that Boris Johnson last week expected the Mayors and rail/bus companies to announce a mask wearing directive on their services so Boris Johnson would be popular and the local mayors get the blame as freedom deniers.

Except the mayors and transport companies won't do that, they'll only enforce a mask ban if it is the law, not just plain old guidance.

Because if it is guidance then they don't have any powers to enforce, with the law they can, and get the police/BTP involved.
    I do now feel sorry for Southgate after seeing his interview

And Saka obv.
    jonny83 said:

Cookie said:

He's not going to cancel it, if he was I think it would have leaked to some papers/journalists by now.

He's going to announce it in full and it's going to be one of the most wishy washy, government essentially on the fence things he has ever done. More questions than answers after it.
    Probably, but there will also be a lot of nonsense about 'replace law with guidance' being a complete surprise or illogical position, when agree or not it has been trailed and there is reasoning behind it.

So I post that we need to watch for the England "fans" who attack the players who missed for their ethnicity. Nonsense, I am assured, and I am a "hyperinflated balloon" for doing so.

And yet we had a PBer on here. Tonight. Doing what I said racist tossers would do. Leading to his ban.

As I said earlier I have eyes and a brain. Sorry if I point at things some people wish weren't there. Mr Racist has rightly been banned. But he and his mates are all out there. Which is why the players need to take the knee as a firm gesture against them.

Pricks like that aren't England fans, so I'm glad you put the quotation marks on the word.

I didn't call @HYUFD racist, please withdraw the implication I did thank you. I did tell you to fuck off, I stand by that

One thing I have never done is called someone that or sworn at people on here, but I will leave it there for tonight
    HYUFD said:

TOPPING said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Not H.

No there isn't. Your day job pays much more than millions of jobs around the world.

You quite obviously should give up either PB, or being chair of your local party, or going out to restaurants.

Or your day job which you accept you are not doing your best at.
  • Cookie said:

I did hear from a reliable source this afternoon that Boris Johnson last week expected the Mayors and rail/bus companies to announce a mask wearing directive on their services so Boris Johnson would be popular and the local mayors get the blame as freedom deniers.

Except the mayors and transport companies won't do that, they'll only enforce a mask ban if it is the law, not just plain old guidance.

Because if it is guidance then they don't have any powers to enforce, with the law they can, and get the police/BTP involved.
    This is Boris Johnson to a T, TSE. He wants the credit without any of the responsibility for anything, it is pathetic - I can't see Mrs Thatcher having done such a thing and I despise a lot of the policies she implemented.

How on Earth would this be policed in London? Get on TfL, put on mask. Get onto mainline, take off mask. Get off mainline still in London, put mask back on again.

This Government is literally incompetent, I am saddened every day that we allowed them to be elected by being so utterly useless on the left!
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

You are really being plain stupid now,.

Rashford's success is his non party political stance and he has remained neutral throughout

You are an embarrassment

https://twitter.com/NewsForAllUK/status/1414352609461297154

Now you tell me the UK is open and tolerant in all places, that racism doesn't exist. That taking the knee is useless, that all of this doesn't matter. This is a young man putting on an England shirt and representing his country.

Russian bots open late.
    edited July 2021

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Why was he? Do you make the rules?
    Yes, not sure why someone should not be able to involve themselves in a campaign including, gasp, a Labour driven campaign. One of the smart things Rashford did was not play it as a super partisan thing, and he got good press, engagement with the PM and some success out of it. Given the engagement with the PM, retroactively deciding he crossed some imaginary line about campaigning is one of the most hilarious takes I have seen for some time, it's really cheered me up with its comedic value.

It's the deadpan 'I am super serious you guys' on a ridiculous assertion that really raises a chuckle (though I know it is indeed genuine).
  • justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    I have just returned from a couple of pints at a pub selected because of the absence of a TV. On returning home my reaction has been 'Phew. Rejoice at that news!' Having said that, I don't believe in the game being resolved by penalties - a replay would have been fairer.
  • https://twitter.com/spectator/status/1414353782041894919

Does Ron Liddle have positions? He seems to just jump on bandwagons

Fuckin’ A

https://twitter.com/NewsForAllUK/status/1414352609461297154

Awful if they are from the UK, but they could be coming from anywhere. Maybe the social medias company should allow people to see which country a post originated from.
    HYUFD said:

One thing I have never done is called someone that or sworn at people on here, but I will leave it there for tonight
    Feel free to pick your own four letter word, I didn't put one there, and I refrain from swearing at people too.

But if your response to tonight is to write "Italy win, it all went wrong then when Rashford spent all his time campaigning against the government rather than practicing his penalties" then yes you are a ****. And an embarrassment to the Party, not for the first time.

Pricks like that aren't England fans, so I'm glad you put the quotation marks on the word.
    Mate who are you kidding. Plenty of England fans are racist fucks. Doesn't make them any less England fans, sadly.
    TOPPING said:

kle4 said:

Yep it's true Gareth will look at the tactics he played in each game and will, like all the commentators tonight and a fair few of us, realise the shortcomings and make amendments next time.

When he played those tactics against Germany he said he would have been sacked if it hadn't worked. He played them tonight and won't be sacked but he will I hope learn from it.
    Not entirely convinced any other tactics would have worked better. Their centre backs were immense. And their midfield was superior. We just couldn't get the ball second half.
    We did well to get it to penalties.

HYUFD said:

Feel free to pick your own four letter word, I didn't put one there, and I refrain from swearing at people too.

But if your response to tonight is to write "Italy win, it all went wrong then when Rashford spent all his time campaigning against the government rather than practicing his penalties" then yes you are a ****. And an embarrassment to the Party, not for the first time.
    I have done far more for the party than you have ever done and I have also not voted for alternative parties as you have done, as usual I equally of course could not give a toss what you think of me
  • TOPPING said:

Mate who are you kidding. Plenty of England fans are racist fucks. Doesn't make them any less England fans, sadly.
    Yes you can't just disown what are clearly England fans. Any less than I can disown anti-Semites in Labour.

It comes with the territory, we need to be even more vigilant in calling it out amongst ourselves. And I am quick to say I am ashamed that I did not in the past.
  • another_richardanother_richard Posts: 24,968

Cookie said:

This is Boris Johnson to a T, TSE. He wants the credit without any of the responsibility for anything, it is pathetic - I can't see Mrs Thatcher having done such a thing and I despise a lot of the policies she implemented.

How on Earth would this be policed in London? Get on TfL, put on mask. Get onto mainline, take off mask. Get off mainline still in London, put mask back on again.

This Government is literally incompetent, I am saddened every day that we allowed them to be elected by being so utterly useless on the left!
    You really want government to tell you what to do and when to do it.

While continually saying that the government is crap.

Take some responsibility and make your own choices.

No true Scotsman...
  • state_go_awaystate_go_away Posts: 5,415
    Its only a game! Life goes on and all that
    TOPPING said:

Well of the two people embarrassing themselves here tonight, one rightly banned, I don't think I recall either speaking as football fans before.

Hence leaping straight on political point scoring while the real fans were talking about the football.
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

I have done far more for the party than you have ever done and I have also not voted for alternative parties as you have done, as usual I equally of course could not give a toss what you think of me
    Too much time spent doing party work. No wonder your performance at your day job suffers.
    TOPPING said:

HYUFD said:

TOPPING said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Not H.

No there isn't. Your day job pays much more than millions of jobs around the world.

You quite obviously should give up either PB, or being chair of your local party, or going out to restaurants.

I do everything which needs to be done for all of them but playing professionally for England requires a full time effort of the 1% of the 1%
  • state_go_awaystate_go_away Posts: 5,415
    kjh said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Oh I don't know many MPs seem to hold down 2nd jobs.
    Tbf Jacob Rees Mogg coudl have taken a better penalty than Rashfords
    I wonder how many punch ups in pubs now no longer happen because people instead argue with blokes they haven't met on the internet.
  • CorrectHorseBatteryCorrectHorseBattery Posts: 21,436
    edited July 2021

Cookie said:

Based on the scenes from tonight, it is very clear to me that the people very much do need to be told what to do when it comes to COVID, yes.

If the Government could just go with something rather than changing it up when a poll comes out to discredit them, that would be great.

If they want personal responsibility, then forget about this warnings stuff, open up properly and that is that. But they are now trying to open up but pretend nothing has really changed. That's dishonest and pathetic - sadly that is what they do.
  • RogerRoger Posts: 18,891

Fucking Rashford fannying about.

Hate it when a player does that

Miss?
    HYUFD said:

TOPPING said:

HYUFD said:

TOPPING said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Not H.

I do everything which needs to be done for all of them but playing professionally for England requires a full time effort of the 1% of the 1%
    No you don't. You spend far too much time doing local party work. Imagine how much better you would be at your day job if instead of being local party chair you spent time on your day job.
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Some in the party may have a different view over your comments tonight
  • Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,235

https://twitter.com/spectator/status/1414353782041894919

Referring to an Italian player as 'swarthy'? I'm amazed he didn't append the w-word. What an unpleasant piece of work 'Blue Labour' Riddle is.
  • TOPPING said:

HYUFD said:

TOPPING said:

HYUFD said:

TOPPING said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Not H.

No you don't. You spend far too much time doing local party work. Imagine how much better you would be at your day job if instead of being local party chair you spent time on your day job.
    What does he do? Works for the Scottish Union Preservation Society Tank Protection Division?

TOPPING said:

Well of the two people embarrassing themselves here tonight, one rightly banned, I don't think I recall either speaking as football fans before.

Hence leaping straight on political point scoring while the real fans were talking about the football.
    Sadly that does not constitute the entire universe of England football fans.

Cookie said:

Based on the scenes from tonight, it is very clear to me that the people very much do need to be told what to do when it comes to COVID, yes.

If the Government could just go with something rather than changing it up when a poll comes out to discredit them, that would be great.

If they want personal responsibility, then forget about this warnings stuff, open up properly and that is that. But they are now trying to open up but pretend nothing has really changed. That's dishonest and pathetic - sadly that is what they do.
    There's nothing contrary about government information, advice and health warnings with allowing people to make their own choices.

Don't smoke, 21 units, 5 a day are all government advice which people can follow or ignore.
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Of course not but read again what I replied to "And yet we had a PBer on here. Tonight."

The entire universe of England football fans aren't PBers. And the PBer fans haven't done that.
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

I think you’re a very good psephologist and, judging by the crap you post that isn’t related to polling, a shite politician.
    HYUFD said:

TOPPING said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Not H.

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

It says here. What with you being an ardent church goer. I don't think you can pro rate downwards in the way you seem to think you can.
    edited July 2021

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Of course not but read again what I replied to "And yet we had a PBer on here. Tonight."

The entire universe of England football fans aren't PBers. And the PBer fans haven't done that.
    You said "pricks like that [racists] aren't England fans".

Plenty of pricks *like that* ie racists, are England fans.
    edited July 2021

https://twitter.com/spectator/status/1414353782041894919

Referring to an Italian player as 'swarthy'? I'm amazed he didn't append the w-word. What an unpleasant piece of work 'Blue Labour' Riddle is.
    Nothing wrong with the word swarthy AFAIK.
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,601
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Stop digging!
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

You said "pricks like that [racists] aren't England fans".

Plenty of pricks *like that* ie racists, are England fans.
    Pricks like that [racist PBers] aren't England fans.

I suspect in general many such racists nowadays aren't England fans either and like the PBers doing so are non-football fans jumping on football to fuel their racism.

Probably hard to be a racist genuine football fan nowadays. Football is probably the most in your face diverse institution there is.
  • kinabalukinabalu Posts: 38,859
    HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Not H.

FFS, not you @HYUFD. Didn't mean you. I said NOT you.

Honestly. As if.
  • StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    IanB2 said:

dixiedean said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

The serious folks in government must have a special team keeping his diary full of silly things to do, with extra points for events a long way from London
    Please send him to Scotland.
    This thread has gone the way of Gareth's knighthood expectations
    Just seen Donnarumma player of the tournament?
    Am I deluded, or do I know nowt about football?
    He wouldn't be in my top 3 Italians.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842
    Keane was spot on about the 5th penalty. Shouldn't have been Sako, feel so bad for him
  • kinabalukinabalu Posts: 38,859
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

It's puerile to link that to him hitting the post with his penalty.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,589
    HYUFD said:

TOPPING said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Not H.

Those who pay him seem perfectly happy to do so.
    And are rather more qualified than you to opine on the matter.

This discussion has been closed.