Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The voting segment that is most hostile to BoJo – ABC1 Remainers – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 28,675
    HYUFD said:

felix said:

Redfield & Wilton Strategies
    @RedfieldWilton
    ·
    40s
    Westminster Voting Intention (28 June):

Conservative 41% (-3)
    Labour 34% (+1)
    Liberal Democrat 9% (-1)
    Scottish National Party 5% (+1)
    Green 5% (+1)
    Reform UK 3% (–)
    Other 2% (-1)

Changes +/- 21 June

On those numbers Labour would hold Batley
    The one thing I'm pretty sure of is that Labour won't hold Batley.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,887
    isam said:

Floater said:
    Incredible if it is is legit. I struggle to believe it can be - residual brainshwashing that Labour are the good guys affecting me maybe

Sir Keir needs to come out and say this leaflet, if it is an offical Labour leaflet, is a disgrace - he was right in what he said last year

"We must not allow issues of the sub-continent to divide communities here”
    Yep, those with sufficient imagination all remember you praising him to the rafters when he said that.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 52,073
    Bloody hell. What a ridiculous OG.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,633
    DavidL said:

What a chance!

And another!
    Followed by a comedy goal for Croatia.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 49,546
    HYUFD said:

Thankyou everyone for the congratulations, much appreciated

I always presumed you were about 94 years years old!

But hearty congrats
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,928
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Although unsurprising that ABC1 Remainers are most hostile to Boris Johnson, a bit more surprising that C2DE Remainers are less hostile to him than C2DE Leavers

Are you happily married now @HYUFD
    Yes, been married for over a week now thanks and just returned from a Cotswolds honeymoon
    Congratulations to Mr and Mrs HYUFD!
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Although unsurprising that ABC1 Remainers are most hostile to Boris Johnson, a bit more surprising that C2DE Remainers are less hostile to him than C2DE Leavers

Yes, been married for over a week now thanks and just returned from a Cotswolds honeymoon
    Congratulations HYUFD.
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,937

Big Tottenham Hotspur takeover news; They have been bought by a billionaire from Dubai. The deal has been rumoured for some weeks now and will be announced formally next week . Reports suggest the billionaire is Sheik Hanvak. He is going to put the freshness back into the club.

Gosh, I skim read that and thought the billionaire Rishi Sunak had bought Tottenham Hotspur.
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,804
    Hahahahahaah

Spain
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,429

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Many congratulations
    Ditto
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    ping said:

Hahahahahaah

Spain

What happened? I switched to Wimbledon just beforehand.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,937
    Our national broadcaster:

They need illiminating
  • Options
    DavidL said:

I know De Gea is not the goalkeeper he was but good grief.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

ping said:

Hahahahahaah

Spain

Most stupid own goal ever
  • Options
    "AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines can be safely mixed to generate high Covid protection, study shows

Immune response differed according to order that the two vaccines were used, Com-Cov study shows"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-mixing-vaccines-astrazeneca-pfizer-b1874027.html
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,774

felix said:

@RedfieldWilton
    ·
    40s

Conservative 41% (-3)
    Labour 34% (+1)
    Liberal Democrat 9% (-1)
    Green 5% (+1)
    Reform UK 3% (–)
    Other 2% (-1)

Changes +/- 21 June

We are starting to see a few signs that Tories numbers are down a bit, has been average of ~43% for so many months now. The big difference again is always the Labour number, is it ~30% or is it ~36%, or somewhere in between.
    The LibDems also appear to have moved from 6-7% to 8-10% on the back of C&A - the question is whether that is sustained, or whether they'll drift back down again.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

isam said:

HYUFD said:

felix said:

@RedfieldWilton
    ·
    40s

Conservative 41% (-3)
    Labour 34% (+1)
    Liberal Democrat 9% (-1)
    Green 5% (+1)
    Reform UK 3% (–)
    Other 2% (-1)

Changes +/- 21 June

How would they have done in Hartlepool on the contemporary (contemporaneous?) National polling? Lose by 28%? Redfield & Wilton had a 2% Tory lead at the time
    There was a far bigger Brexit Party vote in Hartlepool in 2019 though, 25% for the Tories to squeeze compared to just 3% in Batley and Spen
    But don't forget the Woollens voters. One would like to, but they are very much still there.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    kinabalu said:

isam said:

Floater said:
    Incredible if it is is legit. I struggle to believe it can be - residual brainshwashing that Labour are the good guys affecting me maybe

Sir Keir needs to come out and say this leaflet, if it is an offical Labour leaflet, is a disgrace - he was right in what he said last year

Yep, those with sufficient imagination all remember you praising him to the rafters when he said that.
    Oh it’s MY fault?! I see
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 15,357
    isam said:

HYUFD said:

felix said:

@RedfieldWilton
    ·
    40s

Conservative 41% (-3)
    Labour 34% (+1)
    Liberal Democrat 9% (-1)
    Green 5% (+1)
    Reform UK 3% (–)
    Other 2% (-1)

Changes +/- 21 June

How would they have done in Hartlepool on the contemporary (contemporaneous?) National polling? Lose by 28%? Redfield & Wilton had a 2% Tory lead at the time
    The biggest thing in Hartlepool was Conservatives hoovering up the BXP vote. Apply the same principle here with both BXP and the Wollies (who seem to be even more right-wing populist) and this ought to be a walk in the park for the Conservatives.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,410
    DavidL said:

I've seen this around and about here....and I wondered what use they were without training. Question answered.

The Shocking New Use for Red Telephone Boxes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecVHYg4_vZw

Around here several have become leave and take kiosks for things like unwanted books, excess garden veg etc. Community councils seem to keep them in some sort of order.

Edit, 55 years ago it was very different. At Worthy Down, just outside Winchester there was an army base with a lot of Scots including my father. On a Saturday night there would be a queue down the street as everyone phoned home and passed the weekly news. It was not the done thing to use more than about 3 coins and those who were thought to have done so would receive a tut on the way out. Probably had more trouble getting served in the NAAFI shop too. As a young kid this is how I spoke to my Grand parents who were in phone boxes in Dundee. No one had a phone in their house in those days and the idea you might have one in your pocket would have been laughable.
    58 years and a couple of days ago I had to send a telegram (remember them) to my in-laws, who didn't have a phone, advising them of the birth of their first grandchild. Mother-in-law didn't like phone boxes so got the bus to the next town, where f-i-l worked, to tell him.
  • Options
    ping said:

Andy_JS said:

ping said:

Hahahahahaah

Spain

The poor keeper. I hate things like that happening

I scored an OG like that about 5 years go, passed it back from 40 yards and the keeper let it under his foot
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 21,412
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Congratters sir. Best wishes to you both.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 118,258
    kinabalu said:

HYUFD said:

isam said:

HYUFD said:

felix said:

@RedfieldWilton
    ·
    40s

Conservative 41% (-3)
    Labour 34% (+1)
    Liberal Democrat 9% (-1)
    Green 5% (+1)
    Reform UK 3% (–)
    Other 2% (-1)

Changes +/- 21 June

There was a far bigger Brexit Party vote in Hartlepool in 2019 though, 25% for the Tories to squeeze compared to just 3% in Batley and Spen
    But don't forget the Woollens voters. One would like to, but they are very much still there.
    Indeed, there is a For Britain candidate, an English Democrats candidate and a UKIP candidate on the hard right however.

So the outcome could well depend on the Woollens not going to them rather than to the Tories and Galloway taking a large share of the Muslim vote if the Tories are to win the by election
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

No posting from honeymoon then. Lack of commitment there. You know that Jack Nicklaus played lots of golf on his? Yep - that's why he has 18 majors.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 21,412
    Victoria Derbyshire either doesn’t get it, or is actively refusing to accept that 19 July is happening.
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 25,417
    France into 4.7 from 5 after Spain's own goal.
  • Options
    May I add best wishes to Mr and Mrs HYUFD!
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 64,508
    kinabalu said:

HYUFD said:

No posting from honeymoon then. Lack of commitment there. You know that Jack Nicklaus played lots of golf on his? Yep - that's why he has 18 majors.
    On the contrary, HYUFD showed great commitment in heroically resisting the temptation.
    Hearty congratulations to him.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

HYUFD said:

Perhaps Mrs FD has put her foot down; started as she means to go on.

Only joking. Every happiness!
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

HYUFD said:

felix said:

@RedfieldWilton
    ·
    40s

Conservative 41% (-3)
    Labour 34% (+1)
    Liberal Democrat 9% (-1)
    Green 5% (+1)
    Reform UK 3% (–)
    Other 2% (-1)

Changes +/- 21 June

The one thing I'm pretty sure of is that Labour won't hold Batley.
    Like to disagree but I'd also be very surprised. It'll be a real 'moment' if it happens. A tide turner.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

HYUFD said:

isam said:

HYUFD said:

felix said:

@RedfieldWilton
    ·
    40s

Conservative 41% (-3)
    Labour 34% (+1)
    Liberal Democrat 9% (-1)
    Green 5% (+1)
    Reform UK 3% (–)
    Other 2% (-1)

Changes +/- 21 June

Indeed, there is a For Britain candidate, an English Democrats candidate and a UKIP candidate on the hard right however.

So the outcome could well depend on the Woollens not going to them rather than to the Tories and Galloway taking a large share of the Muslim vote if the Tories are to win the by election
    Expect George to pick up a proportion of the Woollens too.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 78,000

Victoria Derbyshire either doesn’t get it, or is actively refusing to accept that 19 July is happening.

I presume she kept quiet about the Matt Hancock business.....
  • Options
    sarissasarissa Posts: 1,860
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Yes, Congrats to both of you!
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

felix said:

@RedfieldWilton
    ·
    40s

Conservative 41% (-3)
    Labour 34% (+1)
    Liberal Democrat 9% (-1)
    Green 5% (+1)
    Reform UK 3% (–)
    Other 2% (-1)

Changes +/- 21 June

We are starting to see a few signs that Tories numbers are down a bit, has been average of ~43% for so many months now. The big difference again is always the Labour number, is it ~30% or is it ~36%, or somewhere in between.
    The LibDems also appear to have moved from 6-7% to 8-10% on the back of C&A - the question is whether that is sustained, or whether they'll drift back down again.
    And also- where are those voters? Are they in places that harm the chances of Labour or the Conservatives more?
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,294
    Serious outbreak of Spanish goalkeeper's disease claims first victim.
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 4,135
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Congrats HYUFD.

Only surprised that you chose to spend your honeymoon in our rapidly-turning-orange Cotswolds!
  • Options
    Three Sri Lanka players have been sent home from their tour of England for breaching bio-secure protocols.

Vice-captain Kusal Mendis, opener Danushka Gunathilaka and wicketkeeper Niroshan Dickwella have all been suspended by Sri Lanka Cricket.

It follows images, shared on social media, appearing to show the trio in Durham city centre.
  • Options
    sarissasarissa Posts: 1,860
    DavidL said:

Peter Shilton (2006) feels for him :)
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,294
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Congratulations to both of you.
  • Options
    isam said:

ping said:

Andy_JS said:

ping said:

Hahahahahaah

Spain

I scored an OG like that about 5 years go, passed it back from 40 yards and the keeper let it under his foot
    Why would you pass back from. near halfway? My brother told me he switched off when England did it during their last match...
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Congrats HYUFD.

Only surprised that you chose to spend your honeymoon in our rapidly-turning-orange Cotswolds!
    Someone has to work out where to send the tanks should it become necessary :smiley:
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 118,258

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Congrats HYUFD.

Well I was a Tory Remainer don't forget! Technically though while Cotswolds District was 51% Remain, Tewkesbury District where we were staying was 53% Leave
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 61,036
    edited June 2021

kinabalu said:

HYUFD said:

57 years of marriage and my wife did explain how she said to the 'Good Lord' just after our wedding ceremony, for 'Him' to allow her to take back her promise to 'love and obey' and she has acted, accordingly, ever since, God bless her.
  • Options

Three Sri Lanka players have been sent home from their tour of England for breaching bio-secure protocols.

Vice-captain Kusal Mendis, opener Danushka Gunathilaka and wicketkeeper Niroshan Dickwella have all been suspended by Sri Lanka Cricket.

It follows images, shared on social media, appearing to show the trio in Durham city centre.

After the performance in the T20s I would be quite keen to be sent home from the tour myself. Really, really poor, especially with the bat. They are probably the weakest test side right now across all formats.
  • Options
    isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Floater said:

Oh it’s MY fault?! I see
    Your posts are, yes. There's no other way to view them. You hit the keys - and out they pop.
  • Options
    Daveyboy1961Daveyboy1961 Posts: 3,534
    DavidL said:

I've seen this around and about here....and I wondered what use they were without training. Question answered.

The Shocking New Use for Red Telephone Boxes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecVHYg4_vZw

Around here several have become leave and take kiosks for things like unwanted books, excess garden veg etc. Community councils seem to keep them in some sort of order.

Edit, 55 years ago it was very different. At Worthy Down, just outside Winchester there was an army base with a lot of Scots including my father. On a Saturday night there would be a queue down the street as everyone phoned home and passed the weekly news. It was not the done thing to use more than about 3 coins and those who were thought to have done so would receive a tut on the way out. Probably had more trouble getting served in the NAAFI shop too. As a young kid this is how I spoke to my Grand parents who were in phone boxes in Dundee. No one had a phone in their house in those days and the idea you might have one in your pocket would have been laughable.
    I remember queuing at a red telephone box in Aberystwyth in 1987 for the same reason. I was following a PGCE teacher training course at Aber at the time.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Spain 1-1 Croatia

I think the goalie got a touch on it

As we’ve come to expect
  • Options
    The goalie breathes again.
    1-1.
  • Options
    You could tell that was going to be a goal about 30 seconds before it happened.
  • Options
    Daveyboy1961Daveyboy1961 Posts: 3,534

I am not convinced about the 19th myself, especially after 22000 in the uk and 670 in Wales...
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 45,648
    Floater said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Congrats HYUFD.

Someone has to work out where to send the tanks should it become necessary :smiley:
    We should have clubbed together to get TanksALot to provide the wedding limo.....

Seriously - congratulations to HYUFD
  • Options

Hopefully sent to isolation, rather than put on a 10 hour flight?
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

isam said:

kinabalu said:

isam said:

Floater said:

Oh it’s MY fault?! I see
    Your posts are, yes. There's no other way to view them. You hit the keys - and out they pop.
    I didn’t see Sir Keir say the sub continent thing last year, but it’s obviously correct. Let’s hope the leaflet is nothing to do with Labour and his hands stay clean
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 60,101
    Latest modelling analysis from @PHE_uk and the University of Cambridge’s MRC Biostatistics Unit suggests that the COVID-19 vaccination programme has so far prevented an estimated 7.2 million infections and 27,000 deaths in England alone.

https://twitter.com/fact_covid/status/1409551234495922182?s=20
  • Options
    Congratulations @HYUFD
  • Options

kinabalu said:

HYUFD said:

57 years of marriage and my wife did explain how she said to the 'Good Lord' just after our wedding ceremony, for 'Him' to allow her to take back her promise to 'love and obey' and she has acted, accordingly, ever since, God bless her.
    59 years and a few days; I don't think we've ever 'obeyed' each other. We've had the odd disagreement of course but always seen the others point of view
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

HYUFD said:

I think spending hours on PB on honeymoon would not have gone down well with the Mrs and rightly so.

We had a nice time though, went to lots of lovely villages and small towns, Castle Combe, Tetbury, Chipping Camden, Stow on the Wold, Chipping Norton and Sudeley Castle and Snowshill, Cheltenham and Worcester. We also had Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse staying in the same hotel as us near Tewkesbury for a few days, no doubt filming something
    :smile: - Sounds perfect. We're going in the Autumn. Doing some arboretum type things.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 26,112

I am not convinced about the 19th myself, especially after 22000 in the uk and 670 in Wales...
    In England for sure now, but not in the People's Republic of Drakeford, no.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 50,056
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Congratulations to you both!
  • Options
    Looks a bit tall, tbh:

Patrick Blower on #EmmanuelMacron #LameDuck - political cartoon gallery in London http://original-political-cartoon.com

https://twitter.com/Cartoon4sale/status/1409551280893304853?s=20
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,988

But this was all in the models. In fact, we're well under what the models predicted, I think. And the models still had us opening up. 22000 is a big number but no bigger than where we expected to be. 3 and 227 are more significant.
    Victoria Derbyshire is a menace to society.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,252
    Wonder when we'll get case number/vaccinated/day crossover ?
  • Options

isam said:

ping said:

Andy_JS said:

ping said:

Hahahahahaah

Spain

Why would you pass back from. near halfway? My brother told me he switched off when England did it during their last match...
    Our left back threw it to me and everyone seemed marked, so I passed it back to the keeper to start again. It trickled in

I scored the equaliser and got sent off, match finished 2-2
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Congrats HYUFD.

Well I was a Tory Remainer don't forget! Technically though while Cotswolds District was 51% Remain, Tewkesbury District where we were staying was 53% Leave
    I hope you didn't discuss these percentages on honeymoon...
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,686

What's she said?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Congrats HYUFD.

• Options

kinabalu said:

HYUFD said:

59 years and a few days; I don't think we've ever 'obeyed' each other. We've had the odd disagreement of course but always seen the others point of view
    Indeed and why you are 1 year and we are 3 years from a telegram from Buckingham Palace
  • Options
    Just seen that own goal. Whoops!!
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 93,571

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Congrats HYUFD.

A shared love and deep knowledge of psephology is the glue holding most relationships together.
  • Options

22000 is artifiicial as it is catching up on yesterday (England). Average England cases ;last two days 15000.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Cookie said:

But this was all in the models. In fact, we're well under what the models predicted, I think. And the models still had us opening up. 22000 is a big number but no bigger than where we expected to be. 3 and 227 are more significant.
    Whitty at the Press Conference said "cases might well be higher than they are today" - unless admissions and deaths start to spike they'll hold the course.
  • Options

In England for sure now, but not in the People's Republic of Drakeford, no.
    Two North Wales firms are taking Drakeford to court as their English competitors are trading

• Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,686

22000 is artifiicial as it is catching up on yesterday (England). Average England cases ;last two days 15000.
    We're at about a 50-60% weekly rise in cases but about a 10% rise in hospitalisations. And as always, I'd like to point out that we still aren't being told what proportion of hospitalisations are coming from unvaccinated by choice.
  • Options
    Today's figures:

Cases +22,868
    Deaths +3

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 25,417

France into 4.7 from 5 after Spain's own goal.

France back out to 5 after the equaliser.
  • Options

Cookie said:

Whitty at the Press Conference said "cases might be higher than they are today" - unless admissions and deaths start to spike they'll hold the course.
    They’re finally looking primarily at the numbers in hospital, rather than the raw case numbers of the young and asymptotic?
  • Options
    From the Covid crisis to educational near-meltdown to the Alex Salmond saga and beyond, each icy peak has been a formidable challenge to her skills of leadership and endurance.

But the highest summit yet lies ahead and, I’m afraid, it looks increasingly likely that it will be the one to defeat her. Despite having promised her party and the wider Yes movement that there will be a second independence referendum in this parliament, she isn’t going to deliver. There won’t be a vote. There won’t be a famous victory. Scotland will continue as part of the United Kingdom.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/opinion/columnists/chris-deerin/3269401/scottish-independence-nicola-sturgeon-hands-tied-chris-deerin-opinion/
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Congrats HYUFD.

When I'm voting Blue
    All I have to do
    Is mark my 'X' by you
    And then I'm not so blue

When you're close to me
    I can feel your conceit
    I can hear you briefing
    'gainst Sir Keir

Wouldn't you agree
    Baby, you and me
    Got a groovy kind of Gove
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Cookie said:

Whitty at the Press Conference said "cases might be higher than they are today" - unless admissions and deaths start to spike they'll hold the course.
    They’re finally looking primarily at the numbers in hospital, rather than the raw case numbers of the young and asymptotic?
    Sajid did say we have to live with covid
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Had my second AZ jab a few hours ago (managed to bring it forward a couple of weeks). So far so good!

Could be worth a fortune to the bio weapons division, Sunil, if we can get it past ICC security.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

We're at about a 50-60% weekly rise in cases but about a 10% rise in hospitalisations. And as always, I'd like to point out that we still aren't being told what proportion of hospitalisations are coming from unvaccinated by choice.
    A good point, and that particular data is, I hope, part of the conversation.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Today's figures:

Cases +22,868
    Deaths +3

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Today is a bit artificial due to yesterdays under report.
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,255
    edited June 2021
    Contrarian aside, most will be easily persuaded that the risk of serious health impacts to letting rip in secondary schools is worse than vaccination in them.

Does anyone have any data on the risk of hospitalisation for the under 12s please? And the under 5s?
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Had my second AZ jab a few hours ago (managed to bring it forward a couple of weeks). So far so good!

Could be worth a fortune to the bio weapons division, Sunil, if we can get it past ICC security.
    You're mixing up quotes again, Ishmael!

Burke: Look, those two specimens are worth millions to the bio-weapons division. Now, if you're smart, we can both come out of it as heroes, and we will be set up for life.

Ripley: [beat] You're crazy, Burke, you know that? You really think you can get a dangerous organism like that past ICC quarantine?
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,903
    edited June 2021
    moonshine said:

Contrarian aside, most will be easily persuaded that the risk of serious health impacts to letting rip in secondary schools is worse than vaccination in them.

Does anyone have any data on the risk of hospitalisation for the under 12s please? And the under 5s?

That ship has sailed. It is already ripping through secondary schools. It will be interesting to see the numbers of children in hospital and, god forbid, deaths in the coming days and weeks.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,269
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Many congratulations to you both!
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 45,648
    edited June 2021
    moonshine said:

For England, over the entire epidemic, admissions

0 to 5 3,057
    6 to 17 3,005
    18 to 64 145,063
    65 to 84 165,006
    85+ 83,736

as a percentage

0 to 5 0.76%
    6 to 17 0.75%
    18 to 64 36.28%
    65 to 84 41.27%
    85+ 20.94%

and for deaths

00 04 10 0.01%
    05 09 6 0.01%
    10 14 13 0.01%
    15 19 31 0.03%
    20 24 59 0.05%
    25 29 120 0.11%
    30 34 214 0.19%
    35 39 360 0.32%
    40 44 578 0.51%
    45 49 1,138 1.01%
    50 54 2,019 1.79%
    55 59 3,307 2.94%
    60 64 3,894 3.46%
    65 69 8,119 7.21%
    70 74 11,079 9.84%
    75 79 15,348 13.63%
    80 84 20,450 18.16%
    85 89 22,282 19.78%
    90+ 23,604 20.96%
  • Options
    On topic, isn't it strange that C2DE Remainers are more pro-Boris than C2DE Leavers?
  • Options
    edited June 2021

moonshine said:

For England, over the entire epidemic, admissions

0 to 5 3,057
    6 to 17 3,005
    18 to 64 145,063
    65 to 84 165,006
    85+ 83,736

as a percentage

0 to 5 0.76%
    6 to 17 0.75%
    18 to 64 36.28%
    65 to 84 41.27%
    85+ 20.94%

and for deaths

00 04 10 0.01%
    05 09 6 0.01%
    10 14 13 0.01%
    15 19 31 0.03%
    20 24 59 0.05%
    25 29 120 0.11%
    30 34 214 0.19%
    35 39 360 0.32%
    40 44 578 0.51%
    45 49 1,138 1.01%
    50 54 2,019 1.79%
    55 59 3,307 2.94%
    60 64 3,894 3.46%
    65 69 8,119 7.21%
    70 74 11,079 9.84%
    75 79 15,348 13.63%
    80 84 20,450 18.16%
    85 89 22,282 19.78%
    90+ 23,604 20.96%
    So 29 under-15s, and 60 under-19s in the deaths column, with 6,000 under-18s in hospital.

Get your teenagers vaccinated!
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 21,016
    edited June 2021
    Congrats to HYUFD!
    Also, on choosing to honeymoon in the Midlands, like the true patriot you are.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,269
    kinabalu said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

HYUFD said:

I think spending hours on PB on honeymoon would not have gone down well with the Mrs and rightly so.

We had a nice time though, went to lots of lovely villages and small towns, Castle Combe, Tetbury, Chipping Camden, Stow on the Wold, Chipping Norton and Sudeley Castle and Snowshill, Cheltenham and Worcester. We also had Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse staying in the same hotel as us near Tewkesbury for a few days, no doubt filming something
    :smile: - Sounds perfect. We're going in the Autumn. Doing some arboretum type things.
    Do try and visit Westonbirt Arboretum. A magical place.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Cyclefree said:

Re the Gmail accounts for Ministers, if anyone at work sent any work material (not just very confidential stuff) to a private email address, it was automatically a disciplinary offence - sometimes leading to dismissal.

I am surprised that it isn't the same in government - not the disciplinaries - but the absolute ban on non-government email accounts. It is utterly insecure and very very poor practice.

Ministers using gmail and government departments using Chinese CCTV cameras.....you might as well just publish everything on the internet for every foreign power to see what you are up to. Save them from 10 mins of work.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Re the Gmail accounts for Ministers, if anyone at work sent any work material (not just very confidential stuff) to a private email address, it was automatically a disciplinary offence - sometimes leading to dismissal.

I am surprised that it isn't the same in government - not the disciplinaries - but the absolute ban on non-government email accounts. It is utterly insecure and very very poor practice.

There's history here. You'll never (i.e. really easily) guess who.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2011/sep/20/michael-gove-department-private-email
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

ping said:

Andy_JS said:

ping said:

Hahahahahaah

Spain

Our left back threw it to me and everyone seemed marked, so I passed it back to the keeper to start again. It trickled in

I scored the equaliser and got sent off, match finished 2-2
    What were you sent off for? Verbals?
This discussion has been closed.