Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The voting segment that is most hostile to BoJo – ABC1 Remainers – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 115,838
    ydoethur said:

Alistair said:

Go on you Swiss!

I love the Swiss, wonderful nation on so many levels, there flag is also a big plus.
    Yes this works better, much more natural flow.
    I've just noticed my horrific there/their mix up.

I cannot even blame autocorrect this time.

I'll blame tiredness, yes, it was tiredness.
    I trust not ‘tiredness’ as in ‘tired and emotional?’
    I'm a good Muslim boy.

Actually I was emotional today, saw a close friend today that I've not seen before the first lockdown.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

The old German anthem was the best. A stirring tune and no messing around with the words: Germany uber alles. Shame the tourist board made them ditch that after the war.

The Brabbins & Fyffe (Flanders and Swann parody) would probably not be broadcast now: Foreigners are a total bunch of c****.

Wrong: Deutschland Uber alles means Germany rather than Bavaria or Saxony or Thuringia or wherever.
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,429
    moonshine said:

Jerusalem is a bloody dirge.

Yes, proper one hit wonder that lot. Should’ve just stuck with Vindaloo.
    I vow to the my Country .....should do.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 21,412

Pulpstar said:

I've moved over to an ESPN stream. ITV absolubte rubbish.

I have watched the games shown on ITV on "unofficial" streams the past few games because they are vastly superior.

Absolutely no excuse in this day and age for ITV streaming to be so crap.
    Streaming is crap full stop. Cable TV is much better: why anyone bothers with streaming is beyond me. A faff.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,252
    Alistair said:

Hospitalisation admissions, occupancy and ventilator usage seem to be rising faster in Manchester now than during September.
    Poor vaccine uptake there, as well as being a hotspot.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 78,000
    edited June 2021
    Twitch stream full hd and above (often at 60fps) for 1000s of channels to millions of people 24/7. Any media company having to stream just one event and unable to do to the same quality, just not acceptable.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Alistair said:

Hospitalisation admissions, occupancy and ventilator usage seem to be rising faster in Manchester now than during September.
    Total patient numbers are about a quarter of what they were in late January. If, as is alleged, 'every constituent part of the system is desperately struggling to cope' already, then there must be something else going on besides Covid. AFAIK we've not been hearing these sorts of cries from other hotspot areas.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 28,671
    Is Twitter really the way to make announcements like this?
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,632
    UEFA broadcaster did a better job there of hiding the pitch invader than they did of giving Eriksen a bit of dignity in his moment of crisis
  • Options
    Murray currently performing the equivalent of an England batting collapse here.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Pulpstar said:

I have watched the games shown on ITV on "unofficial" streams the past few games because they are vastly superior.

Streaming is crap full stop. Cable TV is much better: why anyone bothers with streaming is beyond me. A faff.
    Netflix would like to have a word....and after them YouTube..... Disney+....ESPN+....
  • Options
    Have we discussed this?

The police officer convicted of the manslaughter of Dalian Atkinson had been previously found by a police disciplinary hearing to have committed gross misconduct but was allowed to remain an officer and given a stun gun, it has been revealed.

PC Benjamin Monk was convicted of the manslaughter of Atkinson last week after firing a stun gun into him for 33 seconds, and then kicking him twice in the head after a clash in August 2016.

On Monday at Birmingham crown court a sentencing hearing was told that Monk had two criminal cautions for drunkenness and theft before he joined the police but that they had not been disclosed when he applied to be an officer.

The prosecutor, Alexandra Healy QC, told the court Monk had applied to join the police in 2001. He was cautioned for theft in 1997 while an employee at a Woolworths store. In 1999, Healy told the court, Monk was cautioned after he was found drunk. Neither was disclosed and Monk became an officer with the West Mercia force.

In 2010 Monk went through another vetting process, Healy told the court, and the criminal cautions were discovered by his bosses. Monk faced a police disciplinary hearing charged with gross misconduct, which can lead to dismissal. He was found guilty of the disciplinary charge, which amounted to “discreditable conduct”, Healy told the court.

Instead of being dismissed Monk was given a final written warning.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/28/dalian-atkinson-killing-officer-was-kept-on-despite-gross-misconduct
  • Options

UEFA broadcaster did a better job there of hiding the pitch invader than they did of giving Eriksen a bit of dignity in his moment of crisis

The invader might've been making an embarrassing political statement (at least something that was embarrassing to one of the autocrats whose cocks they like to suck, anyway.) Either that or something rude about one of the sponsors

Players' medical crises do not have negative financial consequences.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Netflix would like to have a word....and after them YouTube..... Disney+....ESPN+....
    If Amazon can broadcast five live PL matches in 4k concurrently...
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Alistair said:

Total patient numbers are about a quarter of what they were in late January. If, as is alleged, 'every constituent part of the system is desperately struggling to cope' already, then there must be something else going on besides Covid. AFAIK we've not been hearing these sorts of cries from other hotspot areas.
    If you have rocketing cases and still a need to self isolate even if double vaxed then there is going to be staffing shortages.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,937

The invader might've been making an embarrassing political statement (at least something that was embarrassing to one of the autocrats whose cocks they like to suck, anyway.) Either that or something rude about one of the sponsors

Players' medical crises do not have negative financial consequences.
    They seem very touchy about rainbows...
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 21,412

Pulpstar said:

Netflix would like to have a word....and after them YouTube..... Disney+....
    I get Netflix and YouTube on Virgin cable, both work excellently and are easier to operate than faffing around with a bloody computer.

Disney+ is shite: other than The Mandalorian it’s a steaming pile of crap.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Pulpstar said:

Alistair said:

All pandemics are local.

As I've commented before I'm really quite suprised by how very different the case grpahs look for different regions of England, never mind different local authorities.

The overall England figures are driven primarily by the South. The North of England had a very different pandemic (and continues to do so)
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 25,417

moonshine said:

Jerusalem is a bloody dirge.

Yes, proper one hit wonder that lot. Should’ve just stuck with Vindaloo.
    I vow to the my Country .....should do.
    It's about being killed, so it should fit at the FA Cup final with Abide With Me which is about terminal illness.
  • Options
    How’s the 200-1 looking now? Into a 4th set...
  • Options
    Murray loses third set 7-5, having been 5-0 up.

If you think that's a choke wait until you see England during the knockout phase of the Euros.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

If Amazon can broadcast five live PL matches in 4k concurrently...
    It is quite possible none of the ITV bosses have ever tried to stream their own output.
  • Options
    Well now.

A federal court on Monday dismissed the Federal Trade Commission’s antitrust complaint against Facebook, dealing a major setback for the agency’s complaint that could have resulted in Facebook divesting Instagram and WhatsApp.

Shares of Facebook rose nearly 5% on Monday following the complaint’s dismissal, sending the social media company’s market capitalization above $1 trillion for the first time.

“Although the Court does not agree with all of Facebook’s contentions here, it ultimately concurs that the agency’s Complaint is legally insufficient and must therefore be dismissed,” reads the filing from U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. “The FTC has failed to plead enough facts to plausibly establish a necessary element of all of its Section 2 claims -- namely, that Facebook has monopoly power in the market for Personal Social Networking (PSN) Services.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/28/judge-dismisses-ftc-antitrust-complaint-against-facebook.html?__source=sharebar|twitter&par=sharebar
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

If you have rocketing cases and still a need to self isolate even if double vaxed then there is going to be staffing shortages.
    A good point, but they're also apparently claiming that Manchester's hospitals are running at bed occupancy levels ABOVE those when they were struggling to cope with previous tsunamis of Plague cases. Why?
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Leon said:

Am drunk on monkey 47 gin in an open top bar by the blue Mediterranean while watching amazing football. This, my friends, THIS is contentment

OK sex is better but this is still good. Viva Europa!

I'm sure it isn't beyond you to procure a bit of sex too?

PS Did you check out Castell son Claret?
    Procure being the operative word :wink:
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 34,525
    Oh. So here's one of the emails Boris' spokesperson said didn't exist. https://glplive.org/personal-email
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

Alistair said:

All pandemics are local.

As I've commented before I'm really quite suprised by how very different the case grpahs look for different regions of England, never mind different local authorities.

The overall England figures are driven primarily by the South. The North of England had a very different pandemic (and continues to do so)
    I’ve just looked at the region case numbers and that is just not true. SW 1500. SE 2000. NW 4000 etc.
    Also look at the heat map.
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,804
    Ive had a moderate punt on Belgium @ 9/1
  • Options
    At half-time, France 4.2; Switzerland 2.12; Draw 3.35
    In the outrights, France are out to 8.4 and Switzerland in from 120 to 50.
  • Options
    ping said:

No Hazard or De Bruyne on Friday against Italy though...
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,515

ping said:

Which Hazard?
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,255

Pulpstar said:

Netflix would like to have a word....and after them YouTube..... Disney+....
    I get Netflix and YouTube on Virgin cable, both work excellently and are easier to operate than faffing around with a bloody computer.

Disney+ is shite: other than The Mandalorian it’s a steaming pile of crap.
    Paying Virgin to watch YouTube? What? A computer needed? What?
  • Options
    Cannon Park and University in Coventry up 680% and rate over a thousand. The second half of the MSOA name gives the clue where all the cases will be.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 45,644
    Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

Alistair said:

All pandemics are local.

Hmmmmm

• Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 50,055

Fishing said:

DavidL said:

The French anthem is epic. So much better than our dirge.

Very true. We should use Rule Britannia instead. Much more inspiring.
    Nah, we should use Bohemian Rhapsody.

Just listen to this rendition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZnBNuqqz5g
    May raise some eyebrows, but Innuendo is my 6+ minute Queen opus of choice!
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

ping said:

Which Hazard?
    Eden.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Who shouted "f##king hell" in English....was it the French coaches? I reckon thats a sacking offence.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 52,073

DavidL said:

It's not even a NATIONAL anthem, note it is "God Save the QUEEN", NOT "God Save the UK/Britain/England/Blighty".
    I always thought at the football "queen" was just a euphemism for Harry Kane. Who needs some saving to be fair.
  • Options
    Looks like France are 45 mins from going out?
  • Options

Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

Alistair said:

All pandemics are local.

I’ve just looked at the region case numbers and that is just not true. SW 1500. SE 2000. NW 4000 etc.
    Also look at the heat map.
    Apologies for not being clear, I meant the graph over autumn/winter period not just at the moment.

England had a small autumn peak peaking in November followed by a monster Jan peak.

The North had their autumn peak in October followed by a fractionally higher January peak. Very different looking graphs.

Some norther local authorities actually had smaller January peaks than Autumn peaks!
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 19,579

MattW said:

That Turkish Egg recipe looks quite good. This is the BBC Good Food version:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/turkish_eggs_77109

Anyone want to try it and make suggestions?

To me it needs more of a veg component - tempted by tomatoes fresh from the tomato plant, and I might add a few slices of fried courgette. And make the toast into olive toast.

I'd eat it as is. A proper strained Greek yoghurt of course (Waitrose No 1 is good). I'd eat both portions and not bother with bread, to keep it low carb.
    If I wanted lo-carb I might try a mushroom/kale stir fried base layer, which sounds interesting but works really well.
  • Options

Murray loses third set 7-5, having been 5-0 up.

If you think that's a choke wait until you see England during the knockout phase of the Euros.

It's the fault of the BBC.

Possibly.

Murray has gone off court whilst they close the roof, so they've gone over to cover the Heather Watson match on Court No.1 instead. She was winning up until that point, but as soon as they put her on the telly... tie break lost 7-3, one set all.

Take it off BBC1 and show a repeat of Miranda or something, and he'll be fine.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 21,258

Go on you Swiss!

I love the Swiss, wonderful nation on so many levels, their flag is also a big plus.
    I know quite a few Swiss jokes, but they're all a bit cheesy.
  • Options

Yes but player-for-player France is the better team; it is just they are not playing as a team. I might back them if this changes in the next ten minutes or so.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,405
    IshmaelZ said:

The old German anthem was the best. A stirring tune and no messing around with the words: Germany uber alles. Shame the tourist board made them ditch that after the war.

The Brabbins & Fyffe (Flanders and Swann parody) would probably not be broadcast now: Foreigners are a total bunch of c****.

Wrong: Deutschland Uber alles means Germany rather than Bavaria or Saxony or Thuringia or wherever.
    The best German song is “Was is der Deutscher Vaterland?”, which concludes that the German Fatherland is “Where every German is named “Freund”, and every Frenchman is named “Fiend”.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 59,397
    Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1
    ·
    12m
    Leeds Hyde Park rave 'blatant' Covid rule breach.

*But if you do it while drinking Pimm's at Wimbledon, then it's absolutely fine. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,633

Franc

Yes but player-for-player France is the better team; it is just they are not playing as a team. I might back them if this changes in the next ten minutes or so.
    They've got to be the value.*

* NB. I was pointing out the value in backing Holland as "by far the best side in our half of the draw" just two days ago.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,988

Alistair said:

Alistair said:

A good point, but they're also apparently claiming that Manchester's hospitals are running at bed occupancy levels ABOVE those when they were struggling to cope with previous tsunamis of Plague cases. Why?
    Dashboard data does not appear to back that up.https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare?areaType=nhsTrust&areaName=Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
  • Options

Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1
    ·
    12m

*But if you do it while drinking Pimm's at Wimbledon, then it's absolutely fine. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Is she really that dense?
  • Options
    I see Sir John has been out pouring calming waters over covid case numbers.

Cathy Newman
    @cathynewman
    Prof Sir John Bell tells me on
    @Channel4News
    it’s possible a 3rd booster jab could give protection against #Covid for a very long time, removing need for annual vaccination. He urged us to stop fixating on case numbers as most people getting Covid now are young and not at risk.
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,804
    Spain are now favourites @ 5.3

Quite the turnaround, in just a couple of hours.
  • Options

Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1
    ·
    12m

I'm not sure I'm qualified to answer that one!
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Alistair said:

Alistair said:

Dashboard data does not appear to back that up.https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare?areaType=nhsTrust&areaName=Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
    I understand that - if the hospitals of Manchester are as stuffed as is claimed then I was wondering what else *other than Covid* was causing the problem, given that we're not getting similar reports from all over the country?
  • Options
    Fishing said:

DavidL said:

Very true. We should use Rule Britannia instead. Much more inspiring.
    Good idea to do something wrt football, since we have four teams.

My vote would be for Jerusalem.

If it's Ok for the WI ...
  • Options

Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1
    ·
    12m

Here's the entry requirements for Wimbledon.

Upon entry to the Grounds, all Ticket Holders (age 11 and over) shall be required to show certification of a (i) negative COVID-19 lateral flow test result (taken in the 48 hours prior to attending The Championships) from a UK Government-approved test provider (either via a home kit or via a test centre), with certification shown via email or text or (ii) a double COVID-19 vaccination received at least 2 weeks prior to attending the Grounds, which Ticket Holders shall be required to show (a) via the NHS App for Ticket Holders in England or (b) via the approved certification routes for Ticket Holders from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. All other Ticket Holders will be required to undertake a COVID-19 lateral flow test and provide proof of a negative result in order to gain entry.

Now can somebody show me the entry requirements for the Hyde Park rave?
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

IshmaelZ said:

The best German song is “Was is der Deutscher Vaterland?”, which concludes that the German Fatherland is “Where every German is named “Freund”, and every Frenchman is named “Fiend”.
    In the First World War, our tommies were sometimes confused by German troops singing their old anthem, Heil dir im Siegerkranz. It has the same tune as God Save the Queen (well, King in those days).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-9UERP6Umw
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Cathy Newman
    @cathynewman
    @Channel4News
    it’s possible a 3rd booster jab could give protection against #Covid for a very long time, removing need for annual vaccination. He urged us to stop fixating on case numbers as most people getting Covid now are young and not at risk.

Report from US today saying just 2 doses of pfizer or moderna provide long lasting protection.
  • Options

Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1
    ·
    12m

Pure neutronium I believe.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Go on you Swiss!

I love the Swiss, wonderful nation on so many levels, their flag is also a big plus.
    I know quite a few Swiss jokes, but they're all a bit cheesy.
    Ones I know are a bit cuckoo.
  • Options

Cathy Newman
    @cathynewman
    @Channel4News

Report from US today saying just 2 doses of pfizer or moderna provide long lasting protection.
    Indeed. Good news. I was interested in his second point.
  • Options

Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1
    ·
    12m

She is that dense but otoh she does have a point, sort of, and possibly not quite the point she thinks she has.
  • Options
    Daveyboy1961Daveyboy1961 Posts: 3,534
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57640550

Very sobering and worrying story from Marr concerning the catching of Delta after being double jagged.
  • Options
    RH1992RH1992 Posts: 788
    edited June 2021

Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1
    ·
    12m

Ha, I had no idea that was going on on Saturday and I live half a mile from there.

Moronic. I know the rates are high around here so I've been more cautious given I'm only single jabbed until August 4th. I've also been selective with who I see, but I didn't expect anything that stupid from the local students.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Prof. Christina Pagel
    @chrischirp
    ·
    4h
    But rapid recent increases have not yet fed through to hospitalisations - so hospitalisations will go up over next 2 wks.

Also, 20-30% of people infected will likely end up with long covid - with maybe 15% having it severely affect their daily lives

20-30% get Long Covid? Seriously? Where does that figure come from?
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 41,096

Scott_xP said:

tlg86 said:

Flower of Scotland isn’t too bad.

It really is
    Naah. Play it at a lively pace and put some umph into it. God Save the Queen can't be saved the same way without a rewrite
    OK, in the spirit of recent Department for Education initiatives, I'll give it a try...

God Save One Britain!
    Long Live One Nation!
    Down with the Trots!

Praise for Her Majesty!
    Praise for our Unity!
    We're all One Family!
    (Even the Scots.)

***Closes piano lid as quietly as possible, puts on coat, skulks out of back door***
    Britain = Not including Ireland, N or otherwise.

More work needed.
  • Options
    This should be a penalty to the Swiss.
  • Options

Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1
    ·
    12m

Upon entry to the Grounds, all Ticket Holders (age 11 and over) shall be required to show certification of a (i) negative COVID-19 lateral flow test result (taken in the 48 hours prior to attending The Championships) from a UK Government-approved test provider (either via a home kit or via a test centre), with certification shown via email or text or (ii) a double COVID-19 vaccination received at least 2 weeks prior to attending the Grounds, which Ticket Holders shall be required to show (a) via the NHS App for Ticket Holders in England or (b) via the approved certification routes for Ticket Holders from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. All other Ticket Holders will be required to undertake a COVID-19 lateral flow test and provide proof of a negative result in order to gain entry.

That's fair enough, up to a point. I'm also going to an event that requires one to provide "proof" of a negative lateral flow test result. The only problem being, it's self-certified and therefore pointless.

All you have to do, of course, is order your box of LFTs, type a declaration of a negative result into the NHS website using the serial number of one of them, and then display the resultant text message on your phone to fulfil the requirement. If you don't want to take the test you don't need to. There'll be no shortage of people who won't bother, and they can't be caught out for it.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 61,036
    Penalty
  • Options

Alistair said:

Go on you Swiss!

I love the Swiss, wonderful nation on so many levels, there flag is also a big plus.
    Yes this works better, much more natural flow.
    I've just noticed my horrific there/their mix up.

I cannot even blame autocorrect this time.

I'll blame tiredness, yes, it was tiredness.
    Lack of a GRAMMAR school education :lol:
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Franc

* NB. I was pointing out the value in backing Holland as "by far the best side in our half of the draw" just two days ago.
    My run of prognostications proceeds...
  • Options

Cookie said:

Alistair said:

Alistair said:

I understand that - if the hospitals of Manchester are as stuffed as is claimed then I was wondering what else *other than Covid* was causing the problem, given that we're not getting similar reports from all over the country?
    Hmmm - catchup from all the stuff missed/delayed by COVID?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Andy_JS said:

kinabalu said:

Andy_JS said:

On topic, isn't it strange that C2DE Remainers are more pro-Boris than C2DE Leavers?

It is - and the answer to why is (I sense) of profound import. We should get working on it. Has he disappointed blue collar Leavers in some way perhaps? Was our Brexit not hard enough for them? This would explain why their Remainer equivalents are relatively more supportive.
    It may be just a statistical anomaly. But interesting if confirmed by further research/polls.
    Yes - and tbh I'm dubious.
    Theory: the C2DE Remainers mostly wanted to Leave as well, but were frightened by predictions of economic catastrophe into backing what Cameron wanted. Catastrophe failed to happen, so now they have repudiated their previous allegiance and back Boris with the zealousness of converts. Or something.
    Yes, has legs. I've always said the 'mood' of the country - England - was far more Leave than the technical result of the vote.
    It's all down to money and the fear of losing it. If Project Fear (of Being Poor) wasn't as successful as it turned out to be, then both the Leave vote in England and the Yes vote in Scotland would've won by landslides.
    Scotland's Parliament only asked to join a Union with England in the first place because of money, it needed a bailout after the failure of the Darien Scheme.
    Partly true. The English Parliament played a game of carrot and stick: on the one hand, access to the colonies, debt pooling and a great big sackload of cash; on the other, trade sanctions if you don't do what we want.

AIUI the Scots ruling class liked the deal; the ordinary folk weren't necessarily so enthusiastic.
    Quite right. It was the lairds - not the nation - that needed a bailout.
  • Options
    Bollocks.
  • Options
    Penalty saved
  • Options

Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1
    ·
    12m

No entry without at least six cans of lager and your own spliff?
  • Options

Prof. Christina Pagel
    @chrischirp
    ·
    4h
    But rapid recent increases have not yet fed through to hospitalisations - so hospitalisations will go up over next 2 wks.

Also, 20-30% of people infected will likely end up with long covid - with maybe 15% having it severely affect their daily lives

1. The case rate rises that have already happened haven't resulted in a corresponding sharp and continuous rise in hospitalisations
    2. Her Long Covid claim looks suspiciously like something made up on the spot to frighten people
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Very sobering and worrying story from Marr concerning the catching of Delta after being double jagged.

Not worrying at all....he was unlucky to have caught it, was ill for a week, got better.... that's the vaccine working.

And remember his age plus previous health conditions, he is more vulnerable.
  • Options

It's never been claimed that the vaccinations provide 100% cover. If anyone thinks they do - and a lot of people do - then it'ds a massive failure of Government messaging. But that is a somewhat different, if indeed very worrying, matter.
  • Options
    Double bollocks.
  • Options
    That's what happens if you don't take the opportunity to go 2-0 ahead.
  • Options
    France 1-1
  • Options
    That first touch :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Luck of the Irish French....
  • Options
    Triple bollocks.
  • Options
    2-1 - I take my half-time message back :lol:
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Franc

See?
    Never in doubt.
  • Options

Prof. Christina Pagel
    @chrischirp
    ·
    4h

We are seeing hospitalisations levelling off and there has been plenty of time for them to feed through from the cases.

• Options
    ALLEZ LES BLEUS
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,686
    edited June 2021

Prof. Christina Pagel
    @chrischirp
    ·
    4h

It's literally all lies and takes no account of vaccines reducing severity of infection.
  • Options

I disagree. It’s actually very good news. Man in his 60’s contracts potentially serious illness but thanks to vaccination is back at work a few days later, not in a hospital on ventilation. Even at 99% protection from getting ill from Covid that’s still a lot of people who can get it. Interesting for me is I suspect he modified his behaviour- he felt invincible after being double jabbed. Hugs all round for known philanderer Marr?
  • Options

Commentator's curse.
  • Options

Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1
    ·
    12m

No entry without at least six cans of lager and your own spliff?
    Your own spliff? That would upset the bouncers and the drugs dealers. Who would be the same people, actually.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 118,254

It did help ensure he avoided being hospitalised however.

The vaccinations don't prevent you catching Covid, it will likely always be with us now like flu and the common cold, however the vaccines do minimise your risk of being hospitalised by it or dying from it
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Prof. Christina Pagel
    @chrischirp
    ·
    4h

It's literally all lies and takes no account of vaccines reducing severity of infection.
    It does seem some want to destroy the country's economy completely
  • Options
    Daveyboy1961Daveyboy1961 Posts: 3,534

Not worrying at all....he was unlucky to have caught it, was ill for a week, got better.... that's the vaccine working.

It does show that a certain proportion of us oldies will end up in the hospital being vented,
  • Options

I disagree. It’s actually very good news. Man in his 60’s contracts potentially serious illness but thanks to vaccination is back at work a few days later, not in a hospital on ventilation. Even at 99% protection from getting ill from Covid that’s still a lot of people who can get it. Interesting for me is I suspect he modified his behaviour- he felt invincible after being double jabbed. Hugs all round for known philanderer Marr?
    His comments are telling too - "very nasty" and a "summer cold". Indicates his immune system isn't up to much generally, he'd have been hospitalised without vaccination.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

He also went and stayed at where there was an outbreak, because of 1000s of peoppe shipped in from all over, many of which won't have been vaccinated....all working in close quarters.

If you are concerned staying within your social group and away from hoardes of youngsters in indoor settings is probably sensible for the moment.
  • Options

It does show that a certain proportion of us oldies will end up in the hospital being vented,
    Marr did not end up in hospital vented
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,650

But not dying.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Prof. Christina Pagel
    @chrischirp
    ·
    4h

Is it just me but I detect that in last few days the zero-covid types have switched to going on about long covid?

Me thinks that with hospital numbers under control they are looking for a new front to keep the restrictions in place through summer and into an autumn lockdown.
This discussion has been closed.