Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The voting segment that is most hostile to BoJo – ABC1 Remainers – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,204

Prof. Christina Pagel
    @chrischirp
    ·
    4h
    But rapid recent increases have not yet fed through to hospitalisations - so hospitalisations will go up over next 2 wks.

Also, 20-30% of people infected will likely end up with long covid - with maybe 15% having it severely affect their daily lives

20-30% get Long Covid? Seriously? Where does that figure come from?

1. The case rate rises that have already happened haven't resulted in a corresponding sharp and continuous rise in hospitalisations
    2. Her Long Covid claim looks suspiciously like something made up on the spot to frighten people
    Even in her thread is a number very different from 20-30%. It says 1 in 20 may have at least one long lasting symptom. I make that 5% but then I’m not on iSAGE...
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,632

MaxPB said:

Prof. Christina Pagel
    @chrischirp
    ·
    4h
    But rapid recent increases have not yet fed through to hospitalisations - so hospitalisations will go up over next 2 wks.

Also, 20-30% of people infected will likely end up with long covid - with maybe 15% having it severely affect their daily lives

It's literally all lies and takes no account of vaccines reducing severity of infection.
    It does seem some want to destroy the country's economy completely
    The Conservatives?
  • Options
    TazTaz Posts: 11,193

Prof. Christina Pagel
    @chrischirp
    ·
    4h

1. The case rate rises that have already happened haven't resulted in a corresponding sharp and continuous rise in hospitalisations
    2. Her Long Covid claim looks suspiciously like something made up on the spot to frighten people
    But it depends what she means by long Covid. It seems to cover many conditions from a slightly longer recovery to the situation poor Derek Draper ended up,in.

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited June 2021

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57640550

Very sobering and worrying story from Marr concerning the catching of Delta after being double jagged.

Not worrying at all....he was unlucky to have caught it, was ill for a week, got better.... that's the vaccine working.

And remember his age plus previous health conditions, he is more vulnerable.
    It does show that a certain proportion of us oldies will end up in the hospital being vented,
    Only 50 double vaxxed people over 50 have died in 5 months. And 0 under 50. The government numbers say pfizer is still only 80 odd percent efficiency, but 98/99% it becoming serious. Flu jab gives you nothing like that protection.

Before covid a certain proportion of oldies would have ended up being vented because of pneumonia, flu, etc etc etc.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,259

Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1
    ·
    12m
    Leeds Hyde Park rave 'blatant' Covid rule breach.

*But if you do it while drinking Pimm's at Wimbledon, then it's absolutely fine. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Is she really that dense?
    I'm not sure I'm qualified to answer that one!
    Here's the entry requirements for Wimbledon.

Upon entry to the Grounds, all Ticket Holders (age 11 and over) shall be required to show certification of a (i) negative COVID-19 lateral flow test result (taken in the 48 hours prior to attending The Championships) from a UK Government-approved test provider (either via a home kit or via a test centre), with certification shown via email or text or (ii) a double COVID-19 vaccination received at least 2 weeks prior to attending the Grounds, which Ticket Holders shall be required to show (a) via the NHS App for Ticket Holders in England or (b) via the approved certification routes for Ticket Holders from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. All other Ticket Holders will be required to undertake a COVID-19 lateral flow test and provide proof of a negative result in order to gain entry.

Now can somebody show me the entry requirements for the Hyde Park rave?
    No entry without at least six cans of lager and your own spliff?
    Your own spliff? That would upset the bouncers and the drugs dealers. Who would be the same people, actually.
    :lol: To be honest I am too old to remember what precisely goes on. And I was at Leeds uni.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    France have clearly got this in the bag and are at no risk whatsoever of going out......
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Very sobering and worrying story from Marr concerning the catching of Delta after being double jagged.

It did help ensure he avoided being hospitalised however.

The vaccinations don't prevent you catching Covid, it will likely always be with us now like flu and the common cold, however the vaccines do minimise your risk of being hospitalised by it or dying from it
    Exactly right and when you consider Mr Marr has suffered heart conditions and a stroke it is even better News on vaccine effectivity in reducing hospitalisation.
  • Options

Not worrying at all....he was unlucky to have caught it, was ill for a week, got better.... that's the vaccine working.

It does show that a certain proportion of us oldies will end up in the hospital being vented,
    Like Marr was... oh no, he just had a summer cold. Of course some will get very sick and die even after two vaccinations but it’s a numbers game. Most wont.
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,731
    Decent game of football, this
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489

Prof. Christina Pagel
    @chrischirp
    ·
    4h

We are seeing hospitalisations levelling off and there has been plenty of time for them to feed through from the cases.

Interesting that since the 17 July, it looks like in the 85+ age group hospitalisation has gone down, only slightly so may just be 'noise'

but its could also be the case that:

1) The effeteness of the vaccine increases with time, even after the second jab,
    2) The viruses is increasingly in younger and younger people, who have less contact with the over 85s
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,315

MaxPB said:

Prof. Christina Pagel
    @chrischirp
    ·
    4h

It's literally all lies and takes no account of vaccines reducing severity of infection.
    It does seem some want to destroy the country's economy completely
    The Conservatives?
    No - the zero covid zealots
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

Not a huge number, Marr has got a heart condition so is already at risk and he's also over 60. That he's just had a "summer cold" is a brilliant result from a disease that was hospitalising around 40% of people in his category and killing off around 10% of people in his category.

It's a huge vindication of the vaccine and more evidence that everyone who is eligible should get it.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

Prof. Christina Pagel
    @chrischirp
    ·
    4h

Is it just me but I detect that in last few days the zero-covid types have switched to going on about long covid?

Me thinks that with hospital numbers under control they are looking for a new front to keep the restrictions in place through summer and into an autumn lockdown.
    Sure seems that way.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Carnyx said:

Scott_xP said:

tlg86 said:

Flower of Scotland isn’t too bad.

It really is
    Naah. Play it at a lively pace and put some umph into it. God Save the Queen can't be saved the same way without a rewrite
    OK, in the spirit of recent Department for Education initiatives, I'll give it a try...

God Save One Britain!
    Long Live One Nation!
    Down with the Trots!

Praise for Her Majesty!
    Praise for our Unity!
    We're all One Family!
    (Even the Scots.)

***Closes piano lid as quietly as possible, puts on coat, skulks out of back door***
    Britain = Not including Ireland, N or otherwise.

More work needed.
    Pedant.

Second verse:

God Save One Britain!
    Long Live One Nation!
    Let's all be cheery!

Wales, England, Scotland,
    AND NORTHERN IRELAND,
    We are all One Land,
    At least in theory...

There. Happy now? Some people are never satisfied...
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    Taz said:

Prof. Christina Pagel
    @chrischirp
    ·
    4h

But it depends what she means by long Covid. It seems to cover many conditions from a slightly longer recovery to the situation poor Derek Draper ended up,in.

I know a couple of people with it. 100% caused by Cov-SARS-2 being a novel virus. Post vax if you catch it, it ain't novel.
  • Options

It was a good news story. He felt like shit for a few days then recovered.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    MaxPB said:

Not a huge number, Marr has got a heart condition so is already at risk and he's also over 60. That he's just had a "summer cold" is a brilliant result from a disease that was hospitalising around 40% of people in his category and killing off around 10% of people in his category.

It's a huge vindication of the vaccine and more evidence that everyone who is eligible should get it.
    I believe PHE released new figures for each age group CFR when vaccinated. Overall it is down to 0.085%, but absolutely massive reductions in particular of over 50s...we know for when you got to 70s and 80s it was a scary percentage, it down to minute % now. I am sure somebody can pull out the data sheet.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,010
    Pagel’s latest tweet is irresponsible in the extreme. She is a mathematician. How on Earth does she get away with this stuff?
  • Options
    Daveyboy1961Daveyboy1961 Posts: 3,389
    MaxPB said:

I totally agree with the last statement, I was just mentioning that perhaps we arn't all fireproof even after being double jabbed!
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,409

Carnyx said:

Scott_xP said:

tlg86 said:

It really is
    Naah. Play it at a lively pace and put some umph into it. God Save the Queen can't be saved the same way without a rewrite
    OK, in the spirit of recent Department for Education initiatives, I'll give it a try...

God Save One Britain!
    Long Live One Nation!
    Down with the Trots!

Praise for Her Majesty!
    Praise for our Unity!
    We're all One Family!
    (Even the Scots.)

***Closes piano lid as quietly as possible, puts on coat, skulks out of back door***

More work needed.
    Pedant.

Second verse:

God Save One Britain!
    Long Live One Nation!
    Let's all be cheery!

AND NORTHERN IRELAND,
    We are all One Land,
    At least in theory...

Pedantry was wrong. Britain = UK, as opposed to Great Britain. Mind you, it's not long since England was commonly used for the whole country.
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489

'Man in his 60s gets covid and is back at work in a few days, because he has been vaccinated'

Yes, is should 'sober up' some of the panic merchants, but it wont. :(

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930

Have we discussed this?

The police officer convicted of the manslaughter of Dalian Atkinson had been previously found by a police disciplinary hearing to have committed gross misconduct but was allowed to remain an officer and given a stun gun, it has been revealed.

PC Benjamin Monk was convicted of the manslaughter of Atkinson last week after firing a stun gun into him for 33 seconds, and then kicking him twice in the head after a clash in August 2016.

On Monday at Birmingham crown court a sentencing hearing was told that Monk had two criminal cautions for drunkenness and theft before he joined the police but that they had not been disclosed when he applied to be an officer.

The prosecutor, Alexandra Healy QC, told the court Monk had applied to join the police in 2001. He was cautioned for theft in 1997 while an employee at a Woolworths store. In 1999, Healy told the court, Monk was cautioned after he was found drunk. Neither was disclosed and Monk became an officer with the West Mercia force.

In 2010 Monk went through another vetting process, Healy told the court, and the criminal cautions were discovered by his bosses. Monk faced a police disciplinary hearing charged with gross misconduct, which can lead to dismissal. He was found guilty of the disciplinary charge, which amounted to “discreditable conduct”, Healy told the court.

Instead of being dismissed Monk was given a final written warning.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/28/dalian-atkinson-killing-officer-was-kept-on-despite-gross-misconduct

Dear me, that is outrageous
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,244
    MaxPB said:

He has a heart condition as well?! I only knew about the stroke and cancer.

Complaining that he still had a nasty cold from covid struck me as tone deaf and ungrateful. What more do you want mate!
  • Options

It was a good news story. He felt like shit for a few days then recovered.
    I felt like shit for a few days and recovered...after having my 2nd jab....i wasn't shitting it.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,325
    3-1 Pogba!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Pogba!!!
  • Options

DavidL said:

I am guessing 3-1 France in 90 minutes.

I feel this is Xherdan Shaqiri's night.
    Enter Exit Shaqiri
  • Options

Pagel’s latest tweet is irresponsible in the extreme. She is a mathematician. How on Earth does she get away with this stuff?

Lot of people have lost the plot recently.
  • Options
    Moonshine

YouTube comes free but it’s in one place along with Sky Sports BT Sport and tons of other channels.

I just choose the channel I want to watch, it takes less than a second unlike faffing around with a computer.

Streaming is useful if you are on the move, otherwise watch it on telly.
  • Options
    1st half Man United Pogba
    2nd half France Pogba
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    What France have above pretty much every other team, you can see them scoring at least once every game.
  • Options
    Dear me, that is outrageous too from Pogba

What a great player, I can’t understand the criticism he gets

Tyldesley & McCoist the perfect commentary team
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    LOL. Backed France at 3 in the second half. Cashed out at 1.15 about 10 seconds before Pogba's goal. :/
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,244

Moonshine

YouTube comes free but it’s in one place along with Sky Sports BT Sport and tons of other channels.

I just choose the channel I want to watch, it takes less than a second unlike faffing around with a computer.

I have no idea what you mean by watching on a computer.

Also what are these “channels” things you speak of?
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    Across these two games combined this must be the day of the tournament overall.

Perhaps the conclusion of the group of death round of games comes close for drama, but today's games have been quality.
  • Options

Cookie said:

Alistair said:

Alistair said:

Hospitalisation admissions, occupancy and ventilator usage seem to be rising faster in Manchester now than during September.
    Total patient numbers are about a quarter of what they were in late January. If, as is alleged, 'every constituent part of the system is desperately struggling to cope' already, then there must be something else going on besides Covid. AFAIK we've not been hearing these sorts of cries from other hotspot areas.
    If you have rocketing cases and still a need to self isolate even if double vaxed then there is going to be staffing shortages.
    A good point, but they're also apparently claiming that Manchester's hospitals are running at bed occupancy levels ABOVE those when they were struggling to cope with previous tsunamis of Plague cases. Why?
    Dashboard data does not appear to back that up.https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare?areaType=nhsTrust&areaName=Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
    I understand that - if the hospitals of Manchester are as stuffed as is claimed then I was wondering what else *other than Covid* was causing the problem, given that we're not getting similar reports from all over the country?
    Hmmm - catchup from all the stuff missed/delayed by COVID?
    But if you're frightened that your healthcare system is going to fall over then you don't admit all those routine surgery cases to hospital. Those with arthritic joints are left to suffer at home. This is not a satisfactory state of affairs but at least all the beds don't end up full as a result. It has to be something else...
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    isam said:

Because Pogba doesn't do it often enough...with a feeling he chooses when he fancies it, when everybody knows he has incredible talent.

I understand he is also totally inflexible, he refuses to play anyway other than his role for France. If Man Utd ask him to adjust his role, he takes his bat and ball home.
  • Options

She's a moron and gets signal boosted by people with Boris and Brexit derangement syndrome who are looking for any kind of idiot who is anti-government.
  • Options
    jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,261
    isam said:

Supremely talented but very Mercurial as a player.

You never know what you are going to get from him from game to game. Which seems to happen more frequently at club level.
  • Options
    isam said:

Have we discussed this?

The police officer convicted of the manslaughter of Dalian Atkinson had been previously found by a police disciplinary hearing to have committed gross misconduct but was allowed to remain an officer and given a stun gun, it has been revealed.

PC Benjamin Monk was convicted of the manslaughter of Atkinson last week after firing a stun gun into him for 33 seconds, and then kicking him twice in the head after a clash in August 2016.

On Monday at Birmingham crown court a sentencing hearing was told that Monk had two criminal cautions for drunkenness and theft before he joined the police but that they had not been disclosed when he applied to be an officer.

The prosecutor, Alexandra Healy QC, told the court Monk had applied to join the police in 2001. He was cautioned for theft in 1997 while an employee at a Woolworths store. In 1999, Healy told the court, Monk was cautioned after he was found drunk. Neither was disclosed and Monk became an officer with the West Mercia force.

In 2010 Monk went through another vetting process, Healy told the court, and the criminal cautions were discovered by his bosses. Monk faced a police disciplinary hearing charged with gross misconduct, which can lead to dismissal. He was found guilty of the disciplinary charge, which amounted to “discreditable conduct”, Healy told the court.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/28/dalian-atkinson-killing-officer-was-kept-on-despite-gross-misconduct

I'm not convinced it is outrageous, if the bad stuff was years ago before he joined the police and was non-violent. What ought to concern us is giving tazers to all sorts of people without necessarily the same screening and training given to firearms officers.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,981
    Imagine what a dramatic half this would have been had Switzerland scored their penalty.
  • Options
    Switzerland!!!

3-2
  • Options
    3-2!
  • Options
    Swiss have a chance again
  • Options

Pogba’s just too flashy, too bling for some people. What’s with the silly hairdo and clobber?

• Options
    I always said this extra round of games with 3rd place teams was boring and unnecessary.....
  • Options

LOL. Backed France at 3 in the second half. Cashed out at 1.15 about 10 seconds before Pogba's goal. :/

Otoh after the Swiss goal to make it 3-2, France are back out to 1.16.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

isam said:

Have we discussed this?

I'm not convinced it is outrageous, if the bad stuff was years ago before he joined the police and was non-violent. What ought to concern us is giving tazers to all sorts of people without necessarily the same screening and training given to firearms officers.
    Doesnt say much for his honesty though does it?
    Not lying for personal gain ought to be some kind of baseline.
    And, no, I am not concerned he had convictions.
  • Options

Across these two games combined this must be the day of the tournament overall.

Perhaps the conclusion of the group of death round of games comes close for drama, but today's games have been quality.

Possibly the cooler temperatures this week help.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

She's a moron and gets signal boosted by people with Boris and Brexit derangement syndrome who are looking for any kind of idiot who is anti-government.
    Having wasted some of my life a while back looking at her followers comments, it’s not hard to see why she does it. She is a hero to them. Quite a simply adulation for her fighting against the lies and evil from the government. It’s a heady mix.
  • Options
    Neil Henderson
    @hendopolis
    ·
    4m
    FT UK: ⁦
    @sajidjavid
    ⁩ shifts tone on curbs in call for nation to ‘learn to live’ with Covid #TomorrowsPapersToday
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Scott_xP said:

Oh. So here's one of the emails Boris' spokesperson said didn't exist. https://glplive.org/personal-email

Did Feldman have an official role at the time? If not then all you prove is that someone emailed Bethell on the wrong email address
  • Options

Neil Henderson
    @hendopolis
    ·
    4m
    FT UK: ⁦
    @sajidjavid
    ⁩ shifts tone on curbs in call for nation to ‘learn to live’ with Covid #TomorrowsPapersToday

Bout time too.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    isam said:

Pogba’s just too flashy, too bling for some people. What’s with the silly hairdo and clobber?

If you think Pogba clobber is too much....have you seen some of the photos of Haaland on his holidays? He appears to have been out and about in what looks like patterned silk PJs. Even too jazzy for Mr TSE.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190

isam said:

If you think Pogba clobber is too much....have you seen some of the photos of Haaland on his holidays?
    If he comes to the PL, Sky need to get his dad into the studio for a Super Sunday (without telling Roy before...)
  • Options
    moonshine said:

Moonshine

I have no idea what you mean by watching on a computer.

Also what are these “channels” things you speak of?
    Oh, you see, you have the English Channel, then the Bristol Channel and also the St George's Channel...
  • Options

I always said this extra round of games with 3rd place teams was boring and unnecessary.....

Yes, damn these “bloated” tournaments - @Foxy was right after all…
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Taz said:

Prof. Christina Pagel
    @chrischirp
    ·
    4h

I know a couple of people with it. 100% caused by Cov-SARS-2 being a novel virus. Post vax if you catch it, it ain't novel.
    Sorry, what does that mean to a layman. Novel and non novel ?
  • Options

isam said:

If you think Pogba clobber is too much....have you seen some of the photos of Haaland on his holidays? He appears to have out and about in what looks like patterned silk PJs. Even too jazzy for Mrs TSE.
    Ha I don’t, I just thought it’s funny that Souness is such a critic of his, yet was quite the diva himself
  • Options

MaxPB said:

Having wasted some of my life a while back looking at her followers comments, it’s not hard to see why she does it. She is a hero to them. Quite a simply adulation for her fighting against the lies and evil from the government. It’s a heady mix.
    I was shocked by that too: she has a followership that worship her. It’s weirdly cult-like.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,315
    Yessssss
  • Options

MaxPB said:

I bet her followers are largely either FBPE or piss diamonds.
  • Options
    OMG

3-3!!!
  • Options
    GOOOOAAALLLL Switzerland!!!
  • Options
    Janine Gibson
    @janinegibson
    In case you are not close to London education system right now, let me inform you that the schools are in absolute chaos
  • Options
    Crikey
  • Options

MaxPB said:

I was shocked by that too: she has a followership that worship her. It’s weirdly cult-like.
    Both extreme sides of the argument seem to have cult like figures they worship and devils they detest.
  • Options
    Lol.
  • Options
    Meanwhile, at Wimbledon, Murray finally gets over the finishing line.
  • Options

Have we discussed this?

Presumably you think he was wrong to accept those cautions. ;)

• Options
    Mind you, Pogba lost the ball cheaply there. Xhaka with a beautiful assist
  • Options

Carnyx said:

Scott_xP said:

tlg86 said:

It really is

God Save One Britain!
    Long Live One Nation!
    Down with the Trots!

Praise for Her Majesty!
    Praise for our Unity!
    We're all One Family!
    (Even the Scots.)

More work needed.
    Pedant.

Second verse:

God Save One Britain!
    Long Live One Nation!
    Let's all be cheery!

AND NORTHERN IRELAND,
    We are all One Land,
    At least in theory...

Does Northern Ireland have a land connection to GB?
  • Options
    Get rid of the round of the last 16...too boring....

UEFA must be loving it. They will claim total justification, was totally for footballing reasons and making a few extra quid as well.
  • Options
    Taz said:

Pulpstar said:

Taz said:

Prof. Christina Pagel
    @chrischirp
    ·
    4h

Vaccination shows the body the virus (well a bit of it), so when it encounters the real thing, it’s no longer a new (novel) infection, and has a head start in fighting it, usually with better results.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,864
    Evening all :)

I thought between the Chesham & Amersham by-election and the Croatia vs Spain match, I'd seen two extraordinary encounters this month.

France vs Switzerland makes it three - one can only hope tomorrow evening dishes up something as entertaining (or perhaps not, some on here will have problems if it does).
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,481
    tlg86 said:

Have we discussed this?

Presumably you think he was wrong to accept those cautions. ;)

Quite, anyone dumb enough to accept a caution, let alone two, is too stupid to be a toilet cleaner let alone a rozzer.
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,359
    Holy moly. Allez Helvetia!
  • Options

UEFA must be loving it. They will claim total justification, was totally for footballing reasons and making a few extra quid as well.

It's certainly been better than the borefest five years ago.

But I'd still prefer more games between better teams rather than the lottery of the draw.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Janine Gibson
    @janinegibson
    In case you are not close to London education system right now, let me inform you that the schools are in absolute chaos

I can see the calls for an early summer holidays incoming....from WFHer parents.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Carnyx said:

Scott_xP said:

tlg86 said:

It really is

God Save One Britain!
    Long Live One Nation!
    Down with the Trots!

Praise for Her Majesty!
    Praise for our Unity!
    We're all One Family!
    (Even the Scots.)

More work needed.
    Pedant.

Second verse:

God Save One Britain!
    Long Live One Nation!
    Let's all be cheery!

AND NORTHERN IRELAND,
    We are all One Land,
    At least in theory...

It was a tribute to the stupid OBON song. And the rhyming just about works. OK?

Why can't people just appreciate bad art for what it is, rather than nitpick?

I'll cry if you lot aren't careful.
  • Options
    What a ball by Xhaka again.
  • Options
    Jeesh crossbar for my bet.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Great game!

I’m gonna give up betting on football though!
  • Options

Yup. Vindicated.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Xhaka can.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,226
    Well all the games not involving us are an absolute joy.
  • Options
    Testify.

As fun as these games have been today, I don't think I could cope if it's like this tomorrow

https://twitter.com/TimGatt/status/1409616200464805890
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,801

Carnyx said:

Scott_xP said:

tlg86 said:

It really is

God Save One Britain!
    Long Live One Nation!
    Down with the Trots!

Praise for Her Majesty!
    Praise for our Unity!
    We're all One Family!
    (Even the Scots.)

More work needed.
    Pedant.

Second verse:

God Save One Britain!
    Long Live One Nation!
    Let's all be cheery!

AND NORTHERN IRELAND,
    We are all One Land,
    At least in theory...

Pedantry was wrong. Britain = UK, as opposed to Great Britain. Mind you, it's not long since England was commonly used for the whole country.
    It is a highly inflammatorty approximation in NI.
  • Options

Testify.

As fun as these games have been today, I don't think I could cope if it's like this tomorrow

Yeah of tomorrow's match is like this I'll be hiding behind the sofa all game.
  • Options

Taz said:

Pulpstar said:

Taz said:

Prof. Christina Pagel
    @chrischirp
    ·
    4h

Vaccination shows the body the virus (well a bit of it), so when it encounters the real thing, it’s no longer a new (novel) infection, and has a head start in fighting it, usually with better results.
    Cheers
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    ping said:

Great game!

I’m gonna give up betting on football though!

Have a thought for the in-play punters who collectively lost £200,000 on Spain at 1.01 in the 90-minute betting and the same on France at 1.01.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

There are those who, for instance, have watched and read about Andrew Marr's experience and will feel even with two vaccinations they cannot risk contracting the virus.

Why - because they have pre-existing health conditions and other factors which mean they are scared if they catch covid they will need to go to hospital and fear they won't return. Quoting statistics at them doesn't help - we need a different approach .

How do you confront that kind of fear? Well, shouting at people and calling them names isn't going to help. Opening up and pretending everything can be "normal" may not be the answer either - we need a proper sensible adult conversation about the risks for the doubly vaccinated and especially the most vulnerable.
  • Options
    Taz said:

Pulpstar said:

Taz said:

Prof. Christina Pagel
    @chrischirp
    ·
    4h

Do you already have antigens against the virus either from prior exposure or from vaccination
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

He's certainly improved in the last five years.
  • Options

Testify.

I just said that - you don't need to quote some numpty from twitter. All the wise words you need are here.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,786
    isam said:

Quite

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article8163515.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Jeremy-Corbyn-on-Channel-4s-The-Last-Leg.jpg
  • Options

Charles said:

Carnyx said:

Scott_xP said:

tlg86 said:

It really is

God Save One Britain!
    Long Live One Nation!
    Down with the Trots!

Praise for Her Majesty!
    Praise for our Unity!
    We're all One Family!
    (Even the Scots.)

More work needed.
    Pedant.

Second verse:

God Save One Britain!
    Long Live One Nation!
    Let's all be cheery!

AND NORTHERN IRELAND,
    We are all One Land,
    At least in theory...

It was a tribute to the stupid OBON song. And the rhyming just about works. OK?

Why can't people just appreciate bad art for what it is, rather than nitpick?

I'll cry if you lot aren't careful.
    🤭🤗😘👻
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,226

Meanwhile, at Wimbledon, Murray finally gets over the finishing line.

3rd set collapse might ultimately help. Remind him of how it is - big time tennis.
  • Options
    stodge said:

MaxPB said:

There are those who, for instance, have watched and read about Andrew Marr's experience and will feel even with two vaccinations they cannot risk contracting the virus.

Why - because they have pre-existing health conditions and other factors which mean they are scared if they catch covid they will need to go to hospital and fear they won't return. Quoting statistics at them doesn't help - we need a different approach .

How do you confront that kind of fear? Well, shouting at people and calling them names isn't going to help. Opening up and pretending everything can be "normal" may not be the answer either - we need a proper sensible adult conversation about the risks for the doubly vaccinated and especially the most vulnerable.
    Andrew Marr story is a positive one. It should be reported as such.
This discussion has been closed.