Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Where the race stands (0510 GMT) – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,320
    Scott_xP said:
    Oh dear. Piers Morgan just got relegated to second in the most unselfaware twat of the 21st century stakes.

Have a good morning.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,135
    Scott_xP said:
    Any minute now Twitter will be responding, a la Greta, to say "Trump is out of control".
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    DougSeal said:

Chris said:

Betfair still seems to be giving Trump an implied probability not much under 10%. I wonder what that's based on.

Not everyone runs the rollong numbers like the kind of political nerd on this site. You wake up and the raw figures say he's ahead in GA and PA and you thnk "wow, that's a bargain". You need to look at the rolling averages and votes remaining to see that the odds are overwhelmingly with Biden in both states at the moment.
    Indeed, to bet on politics you need a cool analytical approach where you don't let you hatred or love of a candidate overwhelm you. Bet with the head not the heart is what I always say. Don't let your emotions or personal preference get I the way.

And for sure don't turn up at 5 in the morning while the count is ongoing to hurl our insults only never to be seen again.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,313
    IanB2 said:

Pen 44k
    GA 2.5k

These figures are old. Either Fox live feed is no longer live, or Hannity isn’t using latest data? Or things have gone backwards, I guess.
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    The other thing as I mentioned previously is that the longer Trump and his extreme supporters remain in denial the more it plays into the Democrat hands in the Georgia runoffs. A riven GOP is not good news for the Republicans especially if they get factional which I think looks a distinct possibility.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Pen 44k
    GA 2.5k

Are those predictions of Biden's margin?
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,067
    ydoethur said:

Oh dear. Piers Morgan just got relegated to second in the most unselfaware twat of the 21st century stakes.

Have a good morning.

When he is no longer Pres, Trump's Twitter numbers are going to drop, and he's going to whine about it.

Cosmic...
  • Options
    Chris said:

IanB2 said:

Pen 44k
    GA 2.5k

Are those predictions of Biden's margin?
    They are the Trump margins showing on Fox. But I am not convinced it is live
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

IanB2 said:

Pen 44k
    GA 2.5k

These figures are old. Either Fox live feed is no longer live, or Hannity isn’t using latest data? Or things have gone backwards, I guess.
    Yes, I am seeing 18,229 and 1,267.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Alistair said:

DougSeal said:

Chris said:

Betfair still seems to be giving Trump an implied probability not much under 10%. I wonder what that's based on.

Not everyone runs the rollong numbers like the kind of political nerd on this site. You wake up and the raw figures say he's ahead in GA and PA and you thnk "wow, that's a bargain". You need to look at the rolling averages and votes remaining to see that the odds are overwhelmingly with Biden in both states at the moment.
    Bet with the head not the heart is what I always say. Don't let your emotions or personal preference get I the way.

This may seem sad to seasoned spread betters on here but when I bought Biden at 2.30 am at 262 ECVs I was shaking with fear. It was totally head over gut. My gut screamed not to do it because the markets were sliding away. But my head saw the suburban results and the c 5% swing to Biden from Clinton and I knew mentally that this had to be a great sign for him. But I've never ever in my life had such sheer terror with a bet. Looks good now but I really 'felt' I might come a cropper.

And in the interest of balance, I lost several fixed odds bets as plenty on here will know :smiley: So I'm only reiterating your point: always bet with your head. Study the detail. And if you're spread betting, don't get drunk and DO stay up all through. You need to watch and react fast. Obvious points to many of you, I know.

Buried inside Biden's Florida 'disaster' was the sign of why he would win the Presidency.
  • Options
    Chris said:

IanB2 said:

IanB2 said:

Pen 44k
    GA 2.5k

Hannity is a big name, i guess they are repeating his show in the small hous US time. Not really a 24 hour network, then
  • Options
    kamskikamski Posts: 4,261
    Andy_JS said:

Andy_JS said:

Trump is clinging on in PA and GA.

In what way? Predictions for PA are for a handsome Biden win.
    I just meant at the present time. He won't be ahead for long.

In hindsight Trump should have spent more time in PA and less in Florida and Texas.
    Which possibly makes the millions Bloomberg spent there worth something after all, if it forced the Trump campaign to waste resources on those states.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,343
    Hannity looking for a "do over" on the basis observers have been kept out of the Pennsylvania election count.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151
    edited November 2020
    Metatron said:

The primary reason people voted for Trump is Law and Order.If the George Floyd murder had not happened i suspect Biden would have won by a landslide.People may be shocked by 60 plus million voting for Trump but the flipside of that is that others are shocked by the MSM's and others uncritical embrace of BLM .
    Plenty of Videos of BLM mobs expose them as violent bullies.If they were labelled 'right wing' the MSM would be calling them out for the fascist bullies those mobs often are
    Not a single Premier League footballer has rebelled against taking the knee despite the fact BLM has a manifesto that is anti-capitalist,anti nuclear family and anti the police.And yet very few media outlets are criticising the premier league for the lack of diversity of opinion within it.
    Personally i find both Trumps behaviour and the elites sycophancy to BLM both shocking .

Do you have any evidence for this? It's a bit early to put too much faith in the exit polls but I think they had Trump voters lead on the economy by quite a margin? Crime and safety was there but it doesn't seem to have been the main issue.

It arguably swayed *Latino* voters, Trump ran hard on it with them and it's easy to see why that would be a big deal for you if you've come from central America, but overall, not so much, and BLM-related issues may have helped Biden with black turnout as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    GA + 665 votes Trumpy margin
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,777
    edited November 2020
    It seems like yesterday that the big election news was whether or not Mitt Romney would end up with 47% of the vote after his jibe about the fact that 47% of Americans would never vote for him. Everyone was looking at Dave Wasserman's spreadsheet to keep up with the latest figures.
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,183
    Alistair said:

DougSeal said:

Chris said:

Indeed, to bet on politics you need a cool analytical approach where you don't let you hatred or love of a candidate overwhelm you. Bet with the head not the heart is what I always say. Don't let your emotions or personal preference get I the way.

And for sure don't turn up at 5 in the morning while the count is ongoing to hurl our insults only never to be seen again.
    Which is why I don't bet on politics. I started reading, and eventually commenting, on this site after I read a couple of articles pumpiing the accuracy of betting markets as predictors of political events, as was the vogue up until about 5 years ago. Now that's been debunked, not sure why I'm still here TBH. ;)
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,081
    Do we still not have a winner? Christ.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Chris said:

Certainly reading the BBC rolling coverage one would get very little idea of the arithmetic on which the optimism about Biden is based.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,235
    edited November 2020
    DougSeal said:

Alistair said:

DougSeal said:

Chris said:

Which is why I don't bet on politics. I started reading, and eventually commenting, on this site after I read a couple of articles pumpiing the accuracy of betting markets as predictors of political events, as was the vogue up until about 5 years ago. Now that's been debunked, not sure why I'm still here TBH. ;)
    For the bants and puns, like the rest of us...
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,067
    DavidL said:

Hannity looking for a "do over" on the basis observers have been kept out of the Pennsylvania election count.

But they weren't. Did he not see the court case?

• Options
    IanB2 said:

Chris said:

IanB2 said:

IanB2 said:

Pen 44k
    GA 2.5k

Hannity is a big name, i guess they are repeating his show in the small hous US time. Not really a 24 hour network, then
    His show is on at 9pm ET in the states or 2am here. If you're watching it now it's a repeat.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Biden has Georgia. I said yesterday 5,000-7,500. Might be a few thousand either side but he has it. So the NYT needle had it right all along.

https://twitter.com/ImSuperCap/status/1324618736922370049?s=20
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

ydoethur said:

Does it look to everyone else as though Pence is finally gearing up to invoke the 25th?

Is that not the only way he gets a pardon?
    Perhaps. Looking at the way Trump and his family/team are behaving, it feels like only a matter of time until they have to have him removed. He isn't going to accept defeat when that defeat is so obviously* a result of fraud. So he'll refuse. And then they'll remove him.
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,736
    BETTING POST: take the 1.33 on BF`s electoral college -48.5 handicap market. It wins even in Arizona goes to Trump. (Assuming you agree that Biden has Georgia and Pennsylvania and Nevada.)
  • Options
    So the message I'm getting is Trump shouldn't have taken his support in the rust belt for granted and should have crafted a policy vision more in tune with their concerns and economic anxiety?
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Trumps lead has just almost halved, from just 704 votes for Biden and 102 for Trump according to Nate Silver.
  • Options
    Stocky said:

BETTING POST: take the 1.33 on BF`s electoral college -48.5 handicap market. It wins even in Arizona goes to Trump. (Assuming you agree that Biden has Georgia and Pennsylvania and Nevada.)

Superb tip. Thank you.
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,658
    edited November 2020
    Scott_xP said:

ydoethur said:

Does it look to everyone else as though Pence is finally gearing up to invoke the 25th?

Is that not the only way he gets a pardon?
    Can a pardon cover all unknown crimes. The list for Trump as they say is made up of knowns, unknown
    (possible) knowns, unknown unknowns.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

DavidL said:

He's in meltdown. It fills the time while the ink on the new votes dries.
  • Options

Biden has Georgia. I said yesterday 5,000-7,500. Might be a few thousand either side but he has it. So the NYT needle had it right all along.

The needle had Georgia "likely Trump" for a long time before it switched the other way.
  • Options
    Dem fantasy scenario now is that snow drifts vote Dem and they squaek Alaska and a GOP at civil war allows them to take both run off seats
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    Stocky said:

The needle had Georgia "likely Trump" for a long time before it switched the other way.
    Yes, there would have been a lot less panic on Tuesday night if the needle had stayed accurate. Partly due to a reporting error from one county
  • Options
    Chris said:

IanB2 said:

Trumps lead has just almost halved, from just 704 votes for Biden and 102 for Trump according to Nate Silver.
    Based on what was said earlier, still more than 10,000 votes still to come in Georgia, so Biden needs only a 53-46 split in those.
  • Options

Stocky said:

Superb tip. Thank you.
    I`ve piled in this morning already but there is plenty left.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,081
    Alistair said:

So the message I'm getting is Trump shouldn't have taken his support in the rust belt for granted and should have crafted a policy vision more in tune with their concerns and economic anxiety?

He would have won if he had appealed more to libs in the cities.
  • Options
    Chris said:

Chris said:

IanB2 said:

Based on what was said earlier, still more than 10,000 votes still to come in Georgia, so Biden needs only a 53-46 split in those.
    It`s done. It`s just Arizona that worries me a bit. Anyone got a view on Arizona?
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,919
    Jonathan said:

When will this madness end? (Genuine question)

The recent precident was the 2000 election, which finished on 12th December with the Supreme Court decision in Bush v Gore.

There’s likely to again be weeks of uncertainty, and we can’t yet rule out faithless electors at the Electoral College if it’s very close.
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited November 2020
    Dura_Ace said:

Scott_xP said:
    I think I may have mentioned before that I spent almost 6 weeks in a secure psychiatric facility in the mid noughties during the depths of my PTSD experience. That tweet exemplifies the communications style of the people I met in there.
    I was going to say, and yet it's not much different in cadences and structure to several of his tweets of the last few years. That would point to what his niece says - he's still running through the traumas he suffered at the hands of his father as a child.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Trump can’t be sleeping at all. That is not going to make things better. There is no face saving way out here.
  • Options
    I woke up this morning thinking that overnight we must have seen crossover in PA at least and possibly a call. But no we’re still on this slow march to Biden inevitability. Groundhog Day.
  • Options
    Stocky said:

Chris said:

Chris said:

IanB2 said:

It`s done. It`s just Arizona that worries me a bit. Anyone got a view on Arizona?
    From what I've read the returns there are better for Trump but not better enough.
  • Options
    Andy_CookeAndy_Cooke Posts: 4,818
    Alistair said:

Dem fantasy scenario now is that snow drifts vote Dem and they squaek Alaska and a GOP at civil war allows them to take both run off seats

And then Congress votes to honour the Puerto Rico referendum.
    Following which, the DC statehood bill from last session gets revived by the House and this time passes the Senate...
  • Options
    What we need to do is say that the White House needs to be fumigated and send him down to Mar Lago. On the journey they need to take his phone and substitute it for another with a fake Twitter client. Trump can then ‘win’ the election and live out his second term in a virtual quarantine bubble. Whilst in the real world we get on with things.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Alistair said:

DougSeal said:

Chris said:

The betting markets are an abysmal predictor and always have been! That's why I bet on politics!!!
  • Options
    I`ve enjoyed watching the CNN coverage but they are openly biased against Trump.
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

Scott_xP said:
    I think I may have mentioned before that I spent almost 6 weeks in a secure psychiatric facility in the mid noughties during the depths of my PTSD experience. That tweet exemplifies the communications style of the people I met in there.
    That must have been terrible. I'm so sorry.

The most cogent armchair psychiatric analysis of Trump I even read is that is is a "maladaptive narcissist"
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    He really thinks that because he's appointed a conservative majority on the Supreme Court they will return the favour by overturning the result of the presidential election, doesn't he?
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,502
    DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

DavidL said:

Denial is not just a river in Egypt....

What Donald Fucking Trump is doing is creating a story where he is the winner. But was robbed.

It only needs to be true between his ears. Enough idiots will believe it and he can survive* by bathing in their adulation.

*Not collapse in a heap and get taken away
  • Options
    Stocky said:

I`ve enjoyed watching the CNN coverage but they are openly biased against Trump.

Indeed. When he tells lies they call them a lie. Can't get more biased than that.
  • Options

Alistair said:

That would have been some sight , Trump going all woke and namby pamby!
  • Options

Alistair said:

Ah, Real America. I see your point.
  • Options

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

DavidL said:

What Donald Fucking Trump is doing is creating a story where he is the winner. But was robbed.

It only needs to be true between his ears. Enough idiots will believe it and he can survive* by bathing in their adulation.

It`s all about protecting his ego. Narcissists are very fragile people.
  • Options
    Looks like Fox is back on live coverage, although it's 'The Angle' rather than rolling news
  • Options

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

DavidL said:

Its what kept Gore fans warm and happy for eight years.
  • Options

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

DavidL said:

In fairness, even in defeat, Trump is going to win more votes than any Republican in history. His vote is significantly up on 2016. He succeeded in motivating and turning out his base. It's just that he motivated his opponents even more.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,919
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,892
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,731
    edited November 2020
    Stocky said:

Stocky said:

Superb tip. Thank you.
    I`ve piled in this morning already but there is plenty left.
    What are the rules on that ?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

DavidL said:

In fairness, even in defeat, Trump is going to win more votes than any Republican in history. His vote is significantly up on 2016. He succeeded in motivating and turning out his base. It's just that he motivated his opponents even more.
    I'm guessing Trump 2020 has won more votes than any other candidate in history, except for Biden 2020?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,942
    Stocky said:

I think they've been quite restrained actually
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Stocky said:

I think they're openly biased against people trying to say that votes shouldn't be counted, or that people in a humvee should be trying to break into counting centres.
  • Options

Alistair said:

I was very confident that Trump would lose well before the virus hit. But on reflection I was wrong. I think he would have won but for Covid.

The clincher in this election was not so much people changing minds, it was much more to do with turnout. And the provisions which permitted postal voting en masse is what did for him in the end.
  • Options

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

DavidL said:

I'm guessing Trump 2020 has won more votes than any other candidate in history, except for Biden 2020?
    Yes, he exceeded Hilary Clinton's vote total some time ago. Its been a genuinely remarkable election. Its just a pity the US is so completely incompetent at resolving it.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Jonathan said:

When will this madness end? (Genuine question)

The recent precident was the 2000 election, which finished on 12th December with the Supreme Court decision in Bush v Gore.

There’s likely to again be weeks of uncertainty, and we can’t yet rule out faithless electors at the Electoral College if it’s very close.
    It isn't like that at all. Then there was a genuine tangible dispute: hanging chads and it was one state to decide.

Biden is going to win this by a decisive margin in the electoral college, several states and a c. 5% popular vote (not that the latter counts).

This won't drag on at all. Except in Trump's brain.
  • Options

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

DavidL said:

Corbyn approves this message.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

The 'disaster' in Florida contained the signs of why Biden was going to win the Presidency. He lost the battle and won the war. John King called it right on CNN: 'to win the Presidency you have to win the suburbs.' In Florida, despite haemorrhaging latino votes, Biden was +5% over Clinton in the suburbs. If repeated it meant other states would come into play. It's why the Democrats are gaining in the Midwest, Georgia too. It's also why at the darkest hour I bought Biden at 262 EVS.

In retrospect, the Democrat decision to focus on the Midwest instead of Florida and Texas looks like a blinder.

Before I went to bed last night (yes I actually managed to sleep) I was thinking it was else to ignore the cries of go all in for Texas. All that would have done is repeat 2016 mistakes.

I think this election has shown the democrats need to learn how to wisely spend money though, the senate races were not great. Still 2 runoffs in Georgia could go the Dems way.
    Wasn’t Mook responsible for the Senate races? He’s learnt nothing from 2016 it seems
  • Options
    Stocky said:

Alistair said:

I was very confident that Trump would lose well before the virus hit. But on reflection I was wrong. I think he would have won but for Covid.

The clincher in this election was not so much people changing minds, it was much more to do with turnout. And the provisions which permitted postal voting en masse is what did for him in the end.
    He probably would have won, but for that first debate performance.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,365
    edited November 2020
    Stocky said:

Chris said:

Chris said:

IanB2 said:

I think there's no clear pattern on the outstanding votes in Arizona, so we might need to wait for them to be counted.
  • Options
    AnneJGP said:

DougSeal said:

Alistair said:

DougSeal said:

Chris said:

I never bet, which is why I rarely post, but I frequently lurk. I come here for the analysis and information (and the banter & puns). It's like being in a pub with a lot of (usually) interesting conversations going on around you. And when I want to check whether anything is happening in the world, this is the first place I look. It's a great site and I'm really glad I found it (over 10 years ago now). Many thanks to Mike and all who keep the site running.

And good morning, everybody.
    Surely the value of the site, in betting terms, is the difference between the market prices and what is actually likely (or even possible) to happen. As pointed out here....
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

DavidL said:

Corbyn approves this message.
    Corbyn never came close to that. John Major still holds that record, Corbyn is nowhere near it.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,365
    Jonathan said:

Trump can’t be sleeping at all. That is not going to make things better. There is no face saving way out here.

That's a bit of a problem. Cornered he's liable to lash out.
  • Options
    Morning fellow sufferers.

Where are we? Has Biden managed it it GA. Looks like he will be short on first glance.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Stocky said:

I think they're openly biased against people trying to say that votes shouldn't be counted, or that people in a humvee should be trying to break into counting centres.
    Stocky said:

Alistair said:

And sadly the lesson the GOP will draw is that they need to double down on voter suppression next time round
  • Options

M

Stocky said:

Chris said:

Chris said:

IanB2 said:

I think there's no clear pattern on the outstanding votes in Arizona, so we might need to wait for them to be counted.
    Advocating counting votes to discover the results of an election? - COMMUNIST!
  • Options
    Charles said:

The 'disaster' in Florida contained the signs of why Biden was going to win the Presidency. He lost the battle and won the war. John King called it right on CNN: 'to win the Presidency you have to win the suburbs.' In Florida, despite haemorrhaging latino votes, Biden was +5% over Clinton in the suburbs. If repeated it meant other states would come into play. It's why the Democrats are gaining in the Midwest, Georgia too. It's also why at the darkest hour I bought Biden at 262 EVS.

In retrospect, the Democrat decision to focus on the Midwest instead of Florida and Texas looks like a blinder.

Before I went to bed last night (yes I actually managed to sleep) I was thinking it was else to ignore the cries of go all in for Texas. All that would have done is repeat 2016 mistakes.

I think this election has shown the democrats need to learn how to wisely spend money though, the senate races were not great. Still 2 runoffs in Georgia could go the Dems way.
    Wasn’t Mook responsible for the Senate races? He’s learnt nothing from 2016 it seems
    I think just Congressional.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,728
    DougSeal said:

Alistair said:

DougSeal said:

Chris said:

Well, actually the betting markets on election Eve were giving Trump a better chance than the polls suggested, at near 2/1.

Except FL, the election eve favourite has won every State declared so far too, I think.
  • Options
    Charles said:

The Dems really seem to struggle in the Senate in presidential years.
  • Options

AnneJGP said:

DougSeal said:

Alistair said:

DougSeal said:

Chris said:

I never bet, which is why I rarely post, but I frequently lurk. I come here for the analysis and information (and the banter & puns). It's like being in a pub with a lot of (usually) interesting conversations going on around you. And when I want to check whether anything is happening in the world, this is the first place I look. It's a great site and I'm really glad I found it (over 10 years ago now). Many thanks to Mike and all who keep the site running.

Surely the value of the site, in betting terms, is the difference between the market prices and what is actually likely (or even possible) to happen. As pointed out here....
    Strong reasoned tips on this site do frequently move the betting markets (perhaps not the US pres outright due to sheer weight of money but most smaller markets ) - Therefore anyone giving them needs to get on before. I find the best use of this site is not necessarily up front tips (as the value may go by their very publication ) but analysis and information that you can use to draw your own conclusions certain markets are wrong.
  • Options

AnneJGP said:

DougSeal said:

Alistair said:

DougSeal said:

Chris said:

Imagine if there been someone saying to pile on Penn when it was @3.85
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,892
    Jonathan said:

The only saving grace for Trump and all his actions is that he has phenomenal stamina. Almost certainly chemically aided but still
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Stocky said:

Stocky said:

Alistair said:

And sadly the lesson the GOP will draw is that they need to double down on voter suppression next time round
    Suppression doesn't work long-term, it means that the pressure is there for the dam to break (as it has this year) when it vents and finds a way out. I think with turnout so high this time its going to be even harder to suppress votes next time. Once people get in the habit of voting its harder to stop them doing so again, its easier to keep people disinterested who never bothered in the past.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,488
    edited November 2020

Where are we? Has Biden managed it it GA. Looks like he will be short on first glance.

I think he takes it. There are a few thousand votes left (not sure how many) and the gap is in the triple figures now. I suspect he’ll do it by 1000 or so, maybe even more.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

99% in could mean 5,000 votes left, or 2,000. In the former case it could change. Plus those in the post? Military - about 8,000 sent out
  • Options
    eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,900

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

DavidL said:

The projections on Wednesday p.m. were that Trump is in third place all time with Biden 2020 AND Obama 2008 having more votes. I don't know if that is still accurate though.
  • Options

Stocky said:

To be fair, anyone should be openly biased against Trump at this point.

Impartiality is important, but so that there is a level playing field for giving an airing to opposing points of view grounded in evidence. Trump’s performance at the conference last night were the ravings of a madman. He is no longer on this planet and is doing tremendous damage to American democracy as a result. In my view, it is wholly appropriate and indeed incumbent on news media to call this out for what it is - the anti-democratic ramblings of a lunatic wannabe dictator.
    Yes, to put it another way, let's imagine the vote situation had been reversed and Biden had shown up and said exactly the same thing Trump had said. If the media had seen that and reported "In tight race, Biden raises concerns about election process" then that would be bias. But they wouldn't have, they'd have reported "Ailing, Defeated Biden has completely lost his mind".
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    But he hasn't lost. He has had it stolen from him. There's a big difference.
  • Options

M

Stocky said:

Chris said:

Chris said:

IanB2 said:

Advocating counting votes to discover the results of an election? - COMMUNIST!
    I’m not sure any country that has had the communist party in charge has ever been guilty of that particular crime...
This discussion has been closed.