Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Swing for the moment. How the country shifted at GE2019

Comments

• Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,574
    Charles said:

Anyone holed up and seeking some harmless entertainment could do worse than reviewing @communistbops’ oeuvre on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/communistbops/status/1238929625734053888?s=21

That is brilliant thanks
    That Beyoncé dancing Shostakovich has become quite a meme.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,022

Charles said:

RobD said:

This is going to change everything, isn’t it?

Yes. Seismic shift.

Pre-Corona v. Post-Corona will be different eras.
    While I am not arguing there won't be disruption, but a different era? Was the Spanish flu as transformative?
    Yes. Globalisation is done.
    Which totally destroys the main liberal Leaver argument for Brexit.
    Still fighting yesterday's war? ;)
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,915

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

I hope age isn't the only determinant. Some 70 year olds are in better health than 55 year olds.
    I wouldn`t take much notice of this link. The article says "could" not "will". And "instructed by the government" not "made illegal to leave your home".

My dad would be furious if they legally enforced this. He`d rather risk catching the virus.
    Question is, what are the sanctions on those who say "sod off?"

This is Britain. There would be serious tutting. That should send them zimmer-framing it back home to their Reader's Digest Tricky Sudoku Vol 87.....
    Stop their pension? Make them pay for their TV licence? (Oh...) :wink:
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,048

Good luck telling my mum that. Or my father-in-law for that matter.

I just had a chat with my Mum (mid 70s) about it after having seen the tweet. I told her it is a possibility but not necessarily certain and she was very pragmatic about it. Basically her attitude is that she knows she is at risk and she knows and understands the plan they have in place. Since that plan obviously necessitates isolation for her whilst it is being enacted she accepts that. She likes being alive and doesn't particularly want it to end any time soon so she will do what is necessary.

I have to admit it is a relief as she is rather independent minded at times so I was not at all sure what her reaction would be.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,338
    I see Dom's name is mentioned. Is this serious or is he just trying to get in on the act?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,212

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Over 70s to be quarantined until July, sensible by Boris and the rest of us without pre existing health conditions can build up immunity
    Sensible in that most of them will be dead by then...?
    Nope as it is going to be enforced within 20 days if you read the article and we are still far from the peak which will be 2 or 3 months away
    Take a whole load of frail pensioners and lock them away for months. They'll be dead.
    You really are clueless, they will be more likely to be dead without quarantine.

Food can be delivered, many elderly are largely housebound anyway
  • Options

I just had a chat with my Mum (mid 70s) about it after having seen the tweet. I told her it is a possibility but not necessarily certain and she was very pragmatic about it. Basically her attitude is that she knows she is at risk and she knows and understands the plan they have in place. Since that plan obviously necessitates isolation for her whilst it is being enacted she accepts that. She likes being alive and doesn't particularly want it to end any time soon so she will do what is necessary.

I have to admit it is a relief as she is rather independent minded at times so I was not at all sure what her reaction would be.
    I shall be countering any objections from either my mum or my father-in-law with: "well you voted for this government" :wink:
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,736

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

I hope age isn't the only determinant. Some 70 year olds are in better health than 55 year olds.
    I wouldn`t take much notice of this link. The article says "could" not "will". And "instructed by the government" not "made illegal to leave your home".

My dad would be furious if they legally enforced this. He`d rather risk catching the virus.

This is Britain. There would be serious tutting. That should send them zimmer-framing it back home to their Reader's Digest Tricky Sudoku Vol 87.....
    I`ve heard that in Italy people are actually being fined for going out to walk their dog.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,154
    Charles said:

RobD said:

Yes. Seismic shift.

While I am not arguing there won't be disruption, but a different era? Was the Spanish flu as transformative?
    I suspect countries will want to have more self-sufficiency for security reasons which will put a dampener on international trade.

There will also be an economic cost to this which in turn will mean less money for foreign holidays and imported consumer tat.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,187
    IanB2 said:

Charles said:

Anyone holed up and seeking some harmless entertainment could do worse than reviewing @communistbops’ oeuvre on Twitter:

That is brilliant thanks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1hpRwha0qs
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

From the article...

Other measures already being planned include:

"emergency manufacture by several companies of respirators that would be necessary to keep alive those who become acutely ill;"

I would sort of hope they were doing that already....

As would I - there is plenty of evidence as to what is coming fast down the tracks
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

If this happens I'm going to have to take over my dad's business for 4 months, which I wasn't planning on doing.

Is it something you can, or want, to do ?
  • Options

I see Dom's name is mentioned. Is this serious or is he just trying to get in on the act?
    This caught my eye: "What keeps ministers and officials awake at night is the fear that if the epidemic becomes too great they would have to make appalling decisions, such as that the NHS would stop treating people over a certain age, such as 65."

Happy with that fellow PBers?
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 8,009
    RobD said:

Barnesian said:

algarkirk said:

If this story is true it moves things on quite a bit.

People over 70 in strict isolation at home - that's a joke!!
    Why? They are the most at risk group.
    I find it odd that young people take risks (bungey jumping) and old people avoid risks when it should be the other way round.

Young people have their lives before them. Old people don't. Old people can afford to take big risks, They don't have a lot to lose. That's why I did 69 km/h down a black run last Sunday.

• Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Over 70s to be quarantined until July, sensible by Boris and the rest of us without pre existing health conditions can build up immunity
    Sensible in that most of them will be dead by then...?
    Nope as it is going to be enforced within 20 days if you read the article and we are still far from the peak which will be 2 or 3 months away
    Take a whole load of frail pensioners and lock them away for months. They'll be dead.
    Expose them to coronavirus. They'll be dead. And the frailer they are the more de facto locked away they are already.
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391

Charles said:

RobD said:

Yes. Seismic shift.

You really want to start that again in the same week the good Europeans in Berlin have banned medical exports to Italy?
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,893

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

Id suggest initially just warning people out and about. See how that goes for the first week or two. If we have 90%+ compliance dont bother with penalties at all. If its 50% or less thats the time to think about sanctions.
  • Options
    Time_to_LeaveTime_to_Leave Posts: 2,547

From the article...

"emergency manufacture by several companies of respirators that would be necessary to keep alive those who become acutely ill;"

One would also rather hope that any firm with the capability to do so, and any common sense, has switched to full surge production anyway since there’s no shortage of likely buyers....
  • Options

I overheard two cheerful groups of seventy year olds outside the supermarket today - "Ah John ! Are you in self-isolation ? Yes, we are too."
    :)
  • Options
    Floater said:

From the article...

As would I - there is plenty of evidence as to what is coming fast down the tracks
    I would hope that the government have already told the medical supply providers to go to maximum production with all costs to be funded.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Stocky said:

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

I`ve heard that in Italy people are actually being fined for going out to walk their dog.
    Now that is going too far!
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    Obviously a particular group of viewpoints have taken over PB tonight so it’s not worth posting as you will be shouted down, such confidence in their views and in their leaders. So I’m off to bed as I can’t be arsed by someone trying to humiliate me for my views because they know they are right.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,042

IanB2 said:

Charles said:

That is brilliant thanks
    What different circles we mix in!

https://youtu.be/w8qaGcq8Ruk
  • Options
    I know I will be a real Donny Downer, but surely -

Eurovision can't still go ahead, can it?

https://www.nme.com/news/music/eurovision-2020-organisers-delay-cancellation-decision-2625236
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,264
    The budget will make handy toilet paper for the chancellor...
  • Options
    Time_to_LeaveTime_to_Leave Posts: 2,547

Stocky said:

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

Now that is going too far!
    It’s the potential for pub closures I’m worried about. If that happens, it’ll be the end of the world.
  • Options

My mum is 73 and works on the till in Boots the chemist...
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    Well, maybe he should dip his hands in his pocket to chip in £2-3bn of that.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,338

This caught my eye: "What keeps ministers and officials awake at night is the fear that if the epidemic becomes too great they would have to make appalling decisions, such as that the NHS would stop treating people over a certain age, such as 65."

I suspect this is just Dom and the 'Nudge Unit' engaging in some behavioural hocus-pocus, though to what purpose I'm not at all clear.
  • Options

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

Id suggest initially just warning people out and about. See how that goes for the first week or two. If we have 90%+ compliance dont bother with penalties at all. If its 50% or less thats the time to think about sanctions.
    Alternatively, just remind them "We're jumping through all these fucking hoops and trashing the economy along the way so you miserable scrotes don't all die. Look, the kids just want to invite you all to corona parties....."
  • Options

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

No medical treatment is the obvious sanction.

So it would be at their own risk.
  • Options
    How will the travel industry ever get over this?

Travel insurance renewals are going to be a bit of a shocker, I suspect.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

A bit rough for those who, like @isam’s mum, are still working. Forcing a choice between income and health coverage would be brutal.
  • Options

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

"We were going to put you on a ventilator but then we heard a rumour you'd nipped out for some milk last week, so sorry..."
  • Options
    isam said:

My mum is 73 and works on the till in Boots the chemist...
    There was a lady in Dartmouth who until about 18 months ago, used to single-handedly run the electrical supplies shop. Sadly she had a bit of a stroke and had to give it up, at 93.....
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

The immune system weakens with age even in the fit and healthy.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,302
    edited March 2020
    Might give Trump an idea, all over 75s must stay home indefinitely....safety first Bernie and Joe.
  • Options
    I would bloody hope the government have thought about those in their 70s still working, surely you just agree to pay their wages.
  • Options

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

A bit rough for those who, like @isam’s mum, are still working. Forcing a choice between income and health coverage would be brutal.
    If you are over 70 you are generally living off your pension, if you choose to add extra income by work at present afraid you are risking death continuing to do so
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 27,112

I would bloody hope the government have thought about those in their 70s still working, surely you just agree to pay their wages.

A lot of 70 year olds work these days. More than most people probably think.
  • Options
    isam said:

IanB2 said:

Charles said:

That is brilliant thanks

I prefer your world! Brilliant.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

If you are over 70 you are generally living off your pension, if you choose to add extra income by work at present afraid you are risking death continuing to do so
    Some need to work, and shouldn't be penalised. Agree with @FrancisUrquhart that something should be done for them if they are expected to isolate, or minimise their interaction with the outside world.
  • Options

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

It is.

Though you could have exemptions - people working in vital sectors for example.

The number employed must tail off pretty rapidly after 70 I guess.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Have to say working in Flight Meta Search leaves me feeling pretty precariously employed even as I cash in some of my share options (purchase price fixed at the start of Jan).
  • Options
    This blanket quarantining of the elderly will likely be enforced in the next 20 days as Boris Johnson ratchets up efforts to tackle the UK's outbreak.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8112177/Coronavirus-deaths-UK-double-overnight-21.html

20 days, that seems like waiting too long !!! I know they think we are 3-4 weeks behind Italy, but surely we can't wait 3 more weeks to lock away the oldies if the strategy is to infect everybody else.
  • Options

isam said:

IanB2 said:

Charles said:

That is brilliant thanks

I prefer your world! Brilliant.
    I did wonder what the original sounded like.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,250

Might give Trump an idea, all over 75s must stay home indefinitely....safety first Bernie and Joe.

And on doctor’s orders, Trump must stay in the White House for at least four years?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    FFS...

Downing Street's new raft of measures marks a U-turn after the government earlier this week flatly refused to follow European counterparts in curbing person-to-person contact.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8112177/Coronavirus-deaths-UK-double-overnight-21.html

The media are acting like total twats....which bit of a plan of steady increased set of rules including increasing social distancing did they not listen to the two egg heads talk about. They never said they wouldn't, they said they didn't want to do it too early.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Have to say working in Flight Meta Search leaves me feeling pretty precariously employed even as I cash in some of my share options (purchase price fixed at the start of Jan).

Are those shares still worth anything?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Sorry to hear that, Alistair. That's one of my big worries about all this, the huge amount of unemployment.
  • Options

FFS...

Downing Street's new raft of measures marks a U-turn after the government earlier this week flatly refused to follow European counterparts in curbing person-to-person contact.

The media are acting like total twats....which bit of a plan of steady increased set of rules including increasing social distancing did they not listen to the two egg heads talk about. They never said they wouldn't, they said they didn't want to do it too early.

Agreed - hugely frustrating.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

I hope you sued the charm school.
  • Options
    GideonWiseGideonWise Posts: 1,123
    Charles said:

RobD said:

Yes. Seismic shift.

Yes. That was said on here 4 weeks ago and scoffed at. Anyway.

Given the brave new world, do you have any investment strategies you want to share with those of us who are good on the health stuff but not so good on the knowing how to make money stuff? Thanks.
  • Options

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

To be fair, she doesn’t need the money, she just doesn’t want to retire completely so has a part time job. My Dads an asthmatic who’s just finished chemotherapy and had sepsis in December, he’s my main worry.

The missus and I are staying in as much as poss, but a 4 month old baby means there’s always entertainment/something to do
  • Options
    RobD said:

HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

Some need to work, and shouldn't be penalised. Agree with @FrancisUrquhart that something should be done for them if they are expected to isolate, or minimise their interaction with the outside world.
    I can see some over 70 directors scamming the govt for a few £m under that scheme.
  • Options
    RobD said:

FFS...

Agreed - hugely frustrating.
    I think I might have to self-isolate from the media, it is causing me more damage than the coronavirus.
  • Options

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

I can see some over 70 directors scamming the govt for a few £m under that scheme.
    Perhaps capped at 1.5-2x minimum wage or something. :p
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    RobD said:

HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

They can survive on their state or private pension for a bit, assistance and sick pay should be focused on under 65s self isolating
  • Options
    edited March 2020

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

Surely you simply say the scheme is we will pay your wages up to a total of £xx,000. 4 months, max £40k ?
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

I hope you sued the charm school.
    Diploma in Charm obtained from Trump University :smile:
  • Options
    They may have to make exceptions to the 70 rule if they want doctors to come out of retirement to help out.
  • Options

What about private practitioners?
    Will they be nationalised or will the wealthy be allowed to buy their way out of their predicament?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Alistair said:

Are those shares still worth anything?
    Privately listed, purchase price calculated on a 12-month rolling basis so still fairly lucrative as they were based on our 2019 performance which was grand.

We also have deep cash reserves but there is only so long they can last obviously. Our revenue has plunged to 2017 levels (and dropping) but our headcount has not.

I feel people still have no grasp on hoe long this is going to take and once they do our revenue is really, really going to be obliterated.
  • Options

Will they be nationalised or will the wealthy be allowed to buy their way out of their predicament?
    This thread has jumped the shark!!
  • Options

Stocky said:

Andy_JS said:

The sanctions would be that if they catch the virus they are unlikely to get treatment because of the triage. So they will have a high chance of dying.

Should be a decent nudge.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Charles said:

RobD said:

Yes. Seismic shift.

I suspect countries will want to have more self-sufficiency for security reasons which will put a dampener on international trade.

There will also be an economic cost to this which in turn will mean less money for foreign holidays and imported consumer tat.
    Yes. Not the way I would have chosen to achieve a more balanced economy, but still...
  • Options
    I would they would use the phrase "reported cases".
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    Andy_JS said:

They may have to make exceptions to the 70 rule if they want doctors to come out of retirement to help out.

In the context of keeping older people away from nasty bugs, recalling them into frontline healthcare settings is a policy that doesn't really make a lot of sense, unless I'm missing something?

All I can think at the moment is: some retirees are younger; some work might be found that doesn't involve patient contact e.g. manning a telemedicine line?
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

RobD said:

Yes. Seismic shift.

Difficult to tell because it came at the end of WW1. So certainly there was a massive cultural change over that period but it is difficult to know whether it could be ascribed to the flu or the war.

Mind you, we lost 80,000 in Britain to Hing Kong flu over a few months in 1968 and I don't think there was any real social change ascribed to that outbreak.
    I have some memory of the 1968 outbreak but recall little sense of the panic currently being experienced.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

In the context of keeping older people away from nasty bugs, recalling them into frontline healthcare settings is a policy that doesn't really make a lot of sense, unless I'm missing something?

All I can think at the moment is: some retirees are younger; some work might be found that doesn't involve patient contact e.g. manning a telemedicine line?
    Yeah, or treating non-coronavirus patients (there will still be those...)
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,804
    My folks are both over 70 and taking this entirely unseriously.

They basically think it's lefties/the younger generation being snowflakes and reacting to it is a bit wet.

I've tried to tell them in no uncertain terms it's the real deal but they aren't changing their plans, other than stopping going to the gym.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,204
    maaarsh said:

Charles said:

RobD said:

Yes. Seismic shift.

You really want to start that again in the same week the good Europeans in Berlin have banned medical exports to Italy?
    Is that exactly what's happened?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-eu/eu-fails-to-persuade-france-germany-to-lift-coronavirus-health-gear-controls-idUSKBN20T166
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

I believe the general plan was always to stick the oldie doctors away from the frontline keeping other things running, while everybody else firefights. I think the medical students are the ones they want to throw in there onto the front line.
  • Options

They basically think it's lefties/the younger generation being snowflakes and reacting to it is a bit wet.

I've tried to tell them in no uncertain terms it's the real deal but they aren't changing their plans, other than stopping going to the gym.

Even only cutting out the gym is probably a huge reduction in risk for them.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,556

Nobody under the age of 80 has lived through anything like what is about to happen.

We are to be tested in a way most people alive have no experience of or even imagined will happen.
  • Options

Start scaring them. Seriously.
  • Options

Have you tried showing them footage from China or Italy ?
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

I think they would be doing all non-Corona acute stuff.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    Or - since the firm must be bankrupt - sign over his shares at nominal value
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,804
    The Government are going to be rapidly bankrupted if they start doing multi-billion pound bailouts of industry after industry.

They're going to have to choose who to let go to the wall.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Scott_xP said:
    Or - since the firm must be bankrupt - sign over his shares at nominal value
    Agreed.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,774
    There's quite a few parliamentarians over 70. Are they going to weld shut the doors of the House of Lords?

(Predictive text wanted to say "House of Love")
  • Options

Private hospitals will be taken over to deal with coronavirus patients based on government plans
  • Options
    Strange to think people born in 1950 are going to be included in this quarantine. That's roughly the same generation as Tony Blair, Harriet Harman and Gordon Brown.
  • Options

Charles said:

RobD said:

Yes. Seismic shift.

Yes. That was said on here 4 weeks ago and scoffed at. Anyway.

Given the brave new world, do you have any investment strategies you want to share with those of us who are good on the health stuff but not so good on the knowing how to make money stuff? Thanks.
    I leave that to my fund managers.

I’m more worried about protecting the team at my foundation and at my office
  • Options
    I am still very worried about not enacting this for 3 weeks. It just doesn't seem possible that the bomb won't have gone off by then.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,219
    Probably won’t find out for sure, but I’m almost certain my sister has it.
  • Options
    With so many flights being cancelled - are Extinction Rebellion behind the virus?

• Options
    What is it with no wanting to test?

Public Health England has ruled out testing frontline NHS staff for coronavirus unless they are admitted to hospital suffering suspected pneumonia or acute respiratory illness.

Nurses, doctors, paramedics and other frontline staff have been told by NHS officials to self-isolate if they develop any coronavirus symptoms such as a cough or a fever.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8112917/NHS-says-NOT-test-frontline-medics-coronavirus.html
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,925
    Barnesian said:

algarkirk said:

If this story is true it moves things on quite a bit.

People over 70 in strict isolation at home - that's a joke!!

If the policy in the UK is to allow the virus to spread in order to get herd immunity then surely it makes sense to isolate those most at risk of dying.

The way things are going by April 11 the only you will be getting to France to go skiing is swimming the Channel and walking the rest of the way. With everything countries have on their plates right now granddads travelling to France to go skiing in the thick of it does sound a tad selfish to me.
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651

Andy_JS said:

I believe the general plan was always to stick the oldie doctors away from the frontline keeping other things running, while everybody else firefights. I think the medical students are the ones they want to throw in there onto the front line.
    Thing is, there are going to be (undiagnosed) people with the virus all through the healthcare system aren't there? Not obvious to me why working anywhere in a healthcare setting (even if you steer clear of intensive care etc) would be safer than a crowded restaurant or similar. Quite the reverse, presumably, although admittedly there would also be more precautions being taken e.g. PPE.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,750
    edited March 2020
    HYUFD said:

Private hospitals will be taken over to deal with coronavirus patients based on government plans
    More accurately - the private healthcare system capacity will be mobilised to work under NHS/government direction. It's been in all the national emergency plans for years...
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Andy_JS said:

Thing is, there are going to be (undiagnosed) people with the virus all through the healthcare system aren't there? Not obvious to me why working anywhere in a healthcare setting (even if you steer clear of intensive care etc) would be safer than a crowded restaurant or similar. Quite the reverse, presumably, although admittedly there would also be more precautions being taken e.g. PPE.
    I agree it is risky.

It isn't 100% certain they will recall the oldies. They might just stick with throwing in the medical students.
  • Options
    Was there any change to the UC 5 week payment delay for new claimants mentioned in the budget?

Quite soon a lot of of companies are going to start laying people off I suspect.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Probably won’t find out for sure, but I’m almost certain my sister has it.

Hopefully she only gets mild symptoms.
  • Options

There's quite a few parliamentarians over 70. Are they going to weld shut the doors of the House of Lords?

(Predictive text wanted to say "House of Love")

The Commons brought in some hand sanitizers last week! A revolutionary act. Hurray.

This is the same body that has set a framework requiring my wife to complete a lengthy risk assessment just to take her class of 11 year olds to the local museum.

Their stupidity and sheer backwardness is something to behold.
This discussion has been closed.