Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Biden moves to 93% chance on Betfair after walloping Bernie in

Comments

• Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,696
    edited March 2020

Nigelb said:

Why not just test him anyway. You know, given he is kinda of an important person and will be interacting with all the egg-heads that are crucial to this.
    They probably have, but thought we might all panic ?
    I kinda of suspect VVIP are getting regularly tested.
    If only they were so organised.
    Nadine suggests not.

(Which is not to suggest that she is even a VIP.)
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,771

Why not just test him anyway. You know, given he is kinda of an important person and will be interacting with all the egg-heads that are crucial to this.
    It would make Boris look foolish - a panicked bumbler who went against his own advice. They want to project a sombre, Churchillian presence here.
    And the number of tests available is finite so why should he get one that could go to a more deserving case?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285

twitter.com/griffitha/status/1237699097949331456?s=20

Today is "moving day".
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,028
    How desperate can unionists get , they are running a balanced budget , and previous government gave £1.5B back to Westminster because they were so thick they did not know what to spend it on. If only Westminster could emulate the SNP and balance the books.
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,436

It would make Boris look foolish - a panicked bumbler who went against his own advice. They want to project a sombre, Churchillian presence here.
    The Churchill who sold insurance or the Churchill who was accompanied everywhere by his doctor, who doubled as president of the Royal College of Physicians so not the village quack?
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,996
    kinabalu said:

Barnesian said:

Yes.

Tranquil, I found, when I lived there. Perfect place to self isolate - especially if you have a view of the river.
    It's a great place. My children and grandchildren live nearby. My neighbours are very friendly and supportive. If I lean out from my balcony I can see Hammersmith Bridge.
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited March 2020
    I have some feeling the virus is slowing down today. Either this will turn out to be unsupported nonsense at a Mystic Meg level of unsupportability, or we might hopefully see some figures from the slightly less worrying end of the scale from certain other countries by the end of the day.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,914

Today is "moving day".
    Note the time, 7pm. After markets have closed and most people are no longer at work.

It's likely to be an escalation, and the start of asking people to make significant changes to their routine.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,749
    Selebian said:

As a professional epidemiologist (usual disclaimer, not in infectious disease), I'm happy to admit I don't know how this is going to play out. Worst case scenarios are, by definition, unlikely, but government is correct to plan around those - we expect them to cope and have a plan whatever happens. The government should be (and all indications are that they are) taking this very seriously, but with a measured response weighing up the pros and cons.

Chatting yesterday to a colleague who is more in this field (heavily involved in WTO response to Ebola and was on the ground in that outbreak) he pointed out that, while he also knows nothing much from the public figures, those involved in the response will have more data. No crystal ball, but details on all the cases, how they got infected (if known) and the likely vectors of infection. They are in a better position to judge the correct responses at the correct time than all the armchair epidemiologists (qualified or not) looking at trend lines on the tracking websites.

I agree with this and also think public policy has to be allowed to work. The comment I would make is that science (hopefully) informs public policy, but doesn't decide it. That's a politician's job. While epidemiologists presumably would have a say on the potential effectiveness of a policy measure in terms of controlling the epidemic, they won't be making the trade-off of whether a measure with potential control benefits is worth the social or economic cost. Rightly that is Johnson's job. It's hard for the rest of us to comment on trade-off now because unlike Johnson we don't have half of the cost/benefit picture. In general it appears Johnson is reluctant to approve intrusive (but maybe effective?) measures.

The other and maybe more important aspect of policy effectiveness is implementation. The (don't forget to use soap!) unwashed masses can definitely have an opinion on that. Policy as of now seems to (1) do a lot of washing of hands; (2) contact tracing of those with active COVID19 cases; (3) self-isolation in certain circumstances. Fine, that's the policy. That's what it is. Now, how well is that policy being promulgated, monitored and if necessary enforced? Not particularly well, from what I can see, bearing in mind we have reference countries in Asia that look to be implementing public policy with more rigour. Implementation is another responsibility of government, not scientists.
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,886
    Andy_JS said:

Pro_Rata said:

Nations by reported Coronavirus infection rate of over 1 per 100k population:

>20 per 100k: Iceland
    >10 per 100k: Italy, SK
    >5 per 100k: China, Iran, Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Bahrain
    >2 per 100k: France, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium, Austria, Singapore
    >1 per 100k: Germany, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Slovenia, Macau, Malta
    1 per 100k bar excludes UK, USA most SE Asia, Japan at present

The mortality rate in NW Europe is currently about 0.5.
    That's because the cases were predominately caufght early. Time from onset of symptoms to death can be as long as 8 weeks. If France not in NW Europe? Another death in Germany btw.
  • Options
    Right. I'm off for another day's unsuccessful punting at Cheltenham. Good luck with the self-isolation and enjoy watching Rishi present John McDonnell's budget amidst much reverse-ferreting by both right and left who just a year ago opposed and proposed respectively the same measures. :wink:
  • Options

I have some feeling the virus is slowing down today. Either this will turn out to be unsupported nonsense at a Mystic Meg level of unsupportability, or we might hopefully see some figures from the slightly less worrying end of the scale from certain other countries by the end of the day.

Well it's not been a great start so far...
  • Options
    Matt Hancock to give statement to the House at 7.00pm

Strange time, maybe wants markets closed
  • Options

The Churchill who sold insurance or the Churchill who was accompanied everywhere by his doctor, who doubled as president of the Royal College of Physicians so not the village quack?
    Lord Moran is the name that came to me just too late to edit.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    Gove: Brexit trade talks with EU have been postponed.

What odds on the transition being extended now?
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,329
    dr_spyn said:

https://twitter.com/SiDedman/status/1237696204437368838

Remains to be seen if this is the case.

But he must have been within 2m of someone who had been within 2m. This is just silly "don't panic" stuff again.
  • Options

Very likely
  • Options
    Time_to_LeaveTime_to_Leave Posts: 2,547
    Delayed because of the Budget or because the market will have closed?
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

It is a real possibility now. Hopefully we can avoid it, but given coronavirus and the pressures on the NHS and international travel obiously safety must come first and it'd take an obstinate fool to try and score points over this either way if it happens.
  • Options

Or its the time that's available due to the Budget.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

fpt

Morning Top Team - betting post.

For anyone who cares and who missed it last night and thinks they will still be alive to spend any winnings.

Rich Ricci told me yesterday that Chacun Pour Soi was going to win the Champion Chase.

DYOR, etc

Chacun Pour Soi (aka the pb plunge horse) has been withdrawn. :(
  • Options

It is a real possibility now. Hopefully we can avoid it, but given coronavirus and the pressures on the NHS and international travel obiously safety must come first and it'd take an obstinate fool to try and score points over this either way if it happens.
    I think its inevitable. International travel and meetings are about to pause in Europe for a couple of months. There is a limited amount that can be done remotely but there are plenty way more important things to do.
  • Options

100%....and when most people are at home.
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    Most important budget since 1600!

Time to #standwithrishi
  • Options

Cheltenham?
  • Options

None at all. The Disrupted border and checks that these lunatics seem to want will simply be rebranded as for the good of public health rather than being a consequence of their absurd post Brexit position.

We HAVE to leave. Everything. Now. Or angry English morons will rebel.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

I think its inevitable. International travel and meetings are about to pause in Europe for a couple of months. There is a limited amount that can be done remotely but there are plenty way more important things to do.
    Indeed and if anyone [Farage or otherwise] objects then screw them, when the facts change we have to change our plans sometimes and coronavirus trumps what plans were six months ago.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Sandpit said:

Today is "moving day".
    Note the time, 7pm. After markets have closed and most people are no longer at work.

It's likely to be an escalation, and the start of asking people to make significant changes to their routine.
    I think / hope / pray this is right oldies don't go out, everybody who can work from home...and gradual ramping up over the next 2 weeks of other things ensuring food supplies etc ultimately leading to say a month of lock down of all but essential workers.
  • Options
    Just thinking about the budget statement does Corbyn respond

Sure labour supporters will look forward to that !!!!
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,721

Is the feeling based on anything?
  • Options

None at all. The Disrupted border and checks that these lunatics seem to want will simply be rebranded as for the good of public health rather than being a consequence of their absurd post Brexit position.

Your projections say more about you than anyone else and I apologise if I'm mistaken but weren't you one of those who voted to leave?
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,014
    DavidL said:

dr_spyn said:

But he must have been within 2m of someone who had been within 2m. This is just silly "don't panic" stuff again.
    I'm surprised anyone's been within 2m of Mad Nad!
  • Options

DavidL said:

Indeed and if anyone [Farage or otherwise] objects then screw them, when the facts change we have to change our plans sometimes and coronavirus trumps what plans were six months ago.
    Absolutely. We always had so many more important things to worry about but even Farage has probably worked that out now.
  • Options

Just thinking about the budget statement does Corbyn respond

Sure labour supporters will look forward to that !!!!

Yep. For the last couple of years he’s said nothing that couldn’t have been written before he’d even listened to the speech.

It’s one of the most difficult Parliamentary speeches of the year to be fair, they only get a copy of the chancellors speech late this morning, have to quickly go through it and find the key points.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,969
    Barnesian said:

philiph said:

Barnesian said:

Arrived back from Northern Italy in the early hours to find my flat stocked with flowers and food by my daughters in anticipation of my self isolation for 14 days.

Fantastic skiing for two days but empty slopes and hotels. Didn't visit bars or use gondalas. Alone on chair lifts. Sometimes couldn't see another person on the slopes.

Inghams did a great job getting us home (the Austrians prevented us getting to Innsbruck). Flew out of Verona on a rescue flight.

Glad you made it back, and hopefully healthy.

There has been some talk about how hard it is mentally to self isolate for 14 days. Be fascinating to have your personal experience on here as you go through the days.
    I feel very healthy. I've even got a tan. I'm fully provisioned including 15 bog rolls - I alway keep a buffer of 9. I have a balcony where I can sit in the sun watching the world go by. Lots of news to follow, TV to watch, bets to make, comments on here. Family, friends and helpful neighbours nearby. So far, so good. But I only got home at 2:45am today so early days. :smiley:
    Good to see you safely home Barnesian. Hope we can help to keep you entertained for the next two weeks.
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

Most important budget since 1600!

Time to #standwithrishi

Well, certainly since 2010, arguably 1981.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,709
    Hmmm due to be starting a few large projects based on client sites next week. Might have to reconsider this,
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,557
    Easyjet flight Milan to Edinburgh has departed. Now boarding: Easyjet Milan to Manchester and Emirates to Dubai. Lockdown continues.
  • Options

Projecting your own sad bigotry there Rochdale.

We have already left. Whether we extend the transition period for a few months or not makes no difference as far as that basic fact is concerned. The vast majority of people realise that and realise these are exceptional circumstances. Most of the people you will see shouting about this will be fools like yourself trying to make political capital out of a health emergency.
  • Options

There you go....spoiling a great hysterical rumour with facts....

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm5801/cmagenda/ob200311.htm
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

Labour leadership ballot foul ups, latest.

https://twitter.com/IanMurrayMP/status/1237686044847464448

So I joined recently after looking at the website and it seeming like I'd be allowed to be a member, even though I've been out of the country too long to vote. Then recently I got an email telling me the membership rules required me to be on the electoral register, and if I didn't confirm that I was on the electoral register then my membership would be rescinded. So I emailed back to say oh, I didn't know that was a requirement, I'm not on the electoral register so please rescind my membership and cancel my direct debit.

Then a few days later I got an email saying, "Thank you for submitting evidence to prove that you're on the electoral register. We can confirm that your evidence has now been accepted and we have now updated your record. As a new member, you are now eligible to vote in our leadership election."

I now have a username and password for the online system but I'm a little bit worried that if I try to vote for Nandy or Starmer it's going to end up ordering me a pizza.
    Even worse, it will register you as having voted for Rebecca Long Bailey like this old Simpsons joke.
  • Options

Your projections say more about you than anyone else and I apologise if I'm mistaken but weren't you one of those who voted to leave?
    Indeed. To leave the EU. We have left the EU - that was the entirety of the question asked. Now these cretins want to leave the EEA. The CU. EASA. The medical alerts thing. All of these are political choices being made by the Tories after they implemented the referendum result.

My "angry English morons" comment is baded on what I see and read on Social Media. They're angry, they're all English, and they are spouting nonsense. This country is a hateful place to live at the moment whilst we denigrate and disown experts and facts and allow wazzocks to think that their clueless opinions somehow trump reality.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,342

Exactly. Although my first thought was that the time may have been chosen for when most everyone was home, it's obviously due to the budget debate.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,342

We can hope that complaints will be limited to Farage and that the PCP will see sense.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

dr_spyn said:

It is silly because he and the Government should be doing their damndest to 'normalise' the idea of getting tested. Even if they are 100% certain he is clear they should still do it as it is good PR for the testing process and shows there is nothing to be concerned about with getting tested.

It is like those who don't like having medicals in case something is found. They seem to think that if they don't know about it it won't hurt them. The CMO should be telling Boris and the rest of the cabinet to get themselves tested for the good of the country.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,089

You must have been reassured by Trump's calming words.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1237459720035799040
  • Options

Indeed. To leave the EU. We have left the EU - that was the entirety of the question asked. Now these cretins want to leave the EEA. The CU. EASA. The medical alerts thing. All of these are political choices being made by the Tories after they implemented the referendum result.

My "angry English morons" comment is baded on what I see and read on Social Media. They're angry, they're all English, and they are spouting nonsense. This country is a hateful place to live at the moment whilst we denigrate and disown experts and facts and allow wazzocks to think that their clueless opinions somehow trump reality.
    Apologies Rochdale, my previous comment was based on a misunderstanding and misrepresentation of your position. Now I have read what you have written here I do see your point and was wrong to attack you earlier.

I would suggest perhaps that you are looking at a very narrow group of people on social media - which is never a great place to get an accurate picture of public opinion.

But apologies again for going for you in my previous posting.
  • Options
    Trump’s bellendry will be the end of America.

TRUMP ADMINISTRATION ORDERS IMMIGRATION COURT STAFF TO PULL CORONAVIRUS WARNINGS DOWN—THEN TELLS THEM TO PUT THEM BACK UP

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-administration-orders-immigration-court-staff-pull-coronavirus-warnings-down-then-put-back-1491480
  • Options

Projecting your own sad bigotry there Rochdale.

We have already left. Whether we extend the transition period for a few months or not makes no difference as far as that basic fact is concerned. The vast majority of people realise that and realise these are exceptional circumstances. Most of the people you will see shouting about this will be fools like yourself trying to make political capital out of a health emergency.
    I doubt that very much. There are plenty of people out there who will see any extension of the transition period as yet another ploy by the politicians to keep us under the EU yoke. They genuinely don't understand why we can't simply walk away from the table with no deal, as Boris has repeatedly threatened to do if no amenable deal is forthcoming.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,268

We can hope that complaints will be limited to Farage and that the PCP will see sense.
    I've been saying for days they must extend the transition. Surely even the ERG can see that this is a war-time level crisis we are about to face unless there is a miracle with warmer weather or some such.
  • Options
    Priti next to Boris
  • Options
    She should have come out and shaken his hand :D

Idiot hack - the Darwin Awards judging panel are going to have a busy time of it this year!
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,268

dr_spyn said:

So I joined recently after looking at the website and it seeming like I'd be allowed to be a member, even though I've been out of the country too long to vote. Then recently I got an email telling me the membership rules required me to be on the electoral register, and if I didn't confirm that I was on the electoral register then my membership would be rescinded. So I emailed back to say oh, I didn't know that was a requirement, I'm not on the electoral register so please rescind my membership and cancel my direct debit.

Then a few days later I got an email saying, "Thank you for submitting evidence to prove that you're on the electoral register. We can confirm that your evidence has now been accepted and we have now updated your record. As a new member, you are now eligible to vote in our leadership election."

I now have a username and password for the online system but I'm a little bit worried that if I try to vote for Nandy or Starmer it's going to end up ordering me a pizza.
    This is beginning to smell like a massive stitch up. Labour will self implode if Starmer doesn't win imho.
  • Options

You must have been reassured by Trump's calming words.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1237459720035799040
    Is he talking about covid-19 or his Presidency?
  • Options
    International Woman's day??? He's mad
  • Options

I don't understand why you would follow people on social media that are "wazzocks" and get upset by them. I roll my eyes at idiots on social media - they're idiots and they no more represent English Brexiteers than any of the other wazzocks on social media.

There's a full range of you could call "wazzockery" across the entire political spectrum on social media. Left or right, nationalist or internationalist, old or young, there are idiots of all stripes online.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

She should have come out and shaken his hand :D

Idiot hack - the Darwin Awards judging panel are going to have a busy time of it this year!
    It does seem a lot of people, including journalists, seem to be hanging on the 80% don't suffer too badly with it mantra. Even within that 80%, many suffer one massive hell of a flu, and of course you can go spreading to loads of other more vulnerable people.

Just what do the press think they are doing?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Well, well, Joe Biden. I was panicking about Sanders three or four weeks ago, as I was looking at a big financial loss by my standards.

I am now laid up and fully green unless black swan, bat shit crazy happens.

In which case I win a grand and a half on Tulsi!
  • Options

I've been saying for days they must extend the transition. Surely even the ERG can see that this is a war-time level crisis we are about to face unless there is a miracle with warmer weather or some such.
    Yes, surely the level of knowledge and understanding within the ERG will have been greatly enhacend by the appointment of Field Marshall Mark Francois as their new chair.
  • Options
    Oh labour.

How on earth can you even watch Corbyn's wretched performance
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Two years ago the SNP was being criticised for not spending that money.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,303

And these are the same people who for years have been banging on about only wanting to be in a trading association.
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Oh labour.

How on earth can you even watch Corbyn's wretched performance

Thank god he isn't in charge...just think about that for a moment, not just him but all the other total morons in the shadow cabinet and their loving of a good conspiracy theory to wish away certain uncomfortable truths.

They would probably put it out to a members vote what course of action we should take spread out over 3 months.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,171

Sandpit said:

Today is "moving day".

I think / hope / pray this is right oldies don't go out, everybody who can work from home...and gradual ramping up over the next 2 weeks of other things ensuring food supplies etc ultimately leading to say a month of lock down of all but essential workers.
    Older people should self-isolate to protect themselves from inadvertent spreaders, many of whom will be younger, symptom-free acquaintances.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    edited March 2020

The only real positive is that the growth in new cases is no longer explosively increasing, and maybe, just maybe, topping out sometime soonish. Of course, that still means adding almost 5k new cases a day (plus many more undetected).

Question is how we function longer term though - here's hoping summer dampens it down.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Corbyn insinuating Johnson is a misogynist.
    edit: that rebounded on him somewhat!
  • Options
    geoffw said:

Really important stuff at the crucial moment.
  • Options
    You're right.
    Either I missed that, or they have updated the page.

He was certainly still shaking hands on the day of the reception...
    https://twitter.com/EnglandRugby/status/1236330340320456705
  • Options

Apologies Rochdale, my previous comment was based on a misunderstanding and misrepresentation of your position. Now I have read what you have written here I do see your point and was wrong to attack you earlier.

I would suggest perhaps that you are looking at a very narrow group of people on social media - which is never a great place to get an accurate picture of public opinion.

No need for apologies. My point about these people is that they exist writ large and ignoring them doesn't make them magically disappear.
  • Options
    geoffw said:

To which he predictably and passionately responds about Labour bullying female MPs out of the party.
  • Options

No need for apologies. My point about these people is that they exist writ large and ignoring them doesn't make them magically disappear.
    Trolls exist online. Feeding them doesn't make them go away either.
  • Options
    LOL

Even by his usual standards Corbyn is reaching for the gutter today. He is vermin.

Good job there is a credible replacement:
    - Corbyn lite albeit with nice hair
    - Someone obsessed with trans issues which interest 0.00001% of the population
    - a public school pro EU surrender merchant

Is CON on 50% in the latest poll? :lol:
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Two years ago the SNP was being criticised for not spending that money.
    All of this is going to be so irrelevant after today. We are moving into a different world and so much trivia will be left behind.

Really, Labour need to bring forward the conclusion of their leadership election and stop this embarrassment.
  • Options
    geoffw said:

"Brave" from the leader of a party that's never elected a female leader and drove out several female MPs over anti-semitism - as the PM pointed out.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Andrew said:

The only real positive is that the growth in new cases is no longer explosively increasing, and maybe, just maybe, topping out sometime soonish. Of course, that still means adding almost 5k new cases a day (plus many more undetected).

Question is how we function longer term though - here's hoping summer dampens it down.
    The most optimistic outlook is summer does really dampen this down, allowing space to establishment of best practice / what drugs to use and perhaps there can be enough steps put in place for next winter to try and minimize any potential return, leading to a vaccine in a years time.
  • Options
    geoffw said:

Corbyn directly quoting Johnson. It's up to people to infer what they so wish from his words. He can't deny them and didn't even try to.
  • Options
    Ian Blackford is making a valid point but he could have done with not wasting a question on a rather silly gotcha.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Just wondering during the war did we have politicians wasting their time wibbling over who was the more racist, more of a transphobe, more of a misogynist?
  • Options

geoffw said:

Corbyn directly quoting Johnson. It's up to people to infer what they so wish from his words. He can't deny them and didn't even try to.
    Words out of context. Old trick.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Ian Blackford is making a valid point but he could have done with not wasting a question on a rather silly gotcha.

Agreed
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

LOL

Even by his usual standards Corbyn is reaching for the gutter today. He is vermin.

I read that as trains which made fractionally more sense. Trans...jeez.
  • Options
    Andrew said:

As much as I'd like to see some rounding off:

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Up until yesterday we'd only touched 4k 4 times (once in Feb, 6th, 7th, 8th March). Yesterday was over 5k with only partial Italian data. We're beyond 2.5k for today already.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,996

Barnesian said:

philiph said:

Barnesian said:

Arrived back from Northern Italy in the early hours to find my flat stocked with flowers and food by my daughters in anticipation of my self isolation for 14 days.

Fantastic skiing for two days but empty slopes and hotels. Didn't visit bars or use gondalas. Alone on chair lifts. Sometimes couldn't see another person on the slopes.

Inghams did a great job getting us home (the Austrians prevented us getting to Innsbruck). Flew out of Verona on a rescue flight.

There has been some talk about how hard it is mentally to self isolate for 14 days. Be fascinating to have your personal experience on here as you go through the days.
    I feel very healthy. I've even got a tan. I'm fully provisioned including 15 bog rolls - I alway keep a buffer of 9. I have a balcony where I can sit in the sun watching the world go by. Lots of news to follow, TV to watch, bets to make, comments on here. Family, friends and helpful neighbours nearby. So far, so good. But I only got home at 2:45am today so early days. :smiley:
    Good to see you safely home Barnesian. Hope we can help to keep you entertained for the next two weeks.
    Thank you. Coming on here is like going to the pub - Cheers.
  • Options
    Chameleon said:

Andrew said:

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Up until yesterday we'd only touched 4k 4 times (once in Feb, 6th, 7th, 8th March). Yesterday was over 5k with only partial Italian data. We're beyond 2.5k for today already.
    Fingers crossed that Italy's measures start to have an effect on the rate of new infections over the next few days.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Ave_it said:

LOL

I read that as trains which made fractionally more sense. Trans...jeez.
    LOL I read it the same way!
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited March 2020
    Chameleon said:

Andrew said:

MIght not this simply be a function of the response mobilising itself and better testing, though ?
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

Barnesian said:

philiph said:

Barnesian said:

Without the booze...
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151

dr_spyn said:

This is beginning to smell like a massive stitch up. Labour will self implode if Starmer doesn't win imho.
    It does definitely smells like shenanigans, doesn't it? I made the initial application quite a while back, so why did this requirement only mysteriously surface days before the election?

I'm now holding off voting waiting to see if any of the candidates will promise to fire everybody.
  • Options

Barnesian said:

Barnesian said:

philiph said:

Barnesian said:

Without the booze...
    Evidence suggests you're frequently wrong about that.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125

Barnesian said:

Barnesian said:

philiph said:

Barnesian said:

Without the booze...
    or the busty barmaid....
  • Options

DavidL said:

Agreed
    Blackford always focussed on playing political games rather than showing true leadership

Unfit to be in the Commons as is most of his SNP comrades

• Options
    Pete Wishart - what a great advertisement for the SNP!
    Gets what he deserved from Johnson.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    edited March 2020
    Barnesian said:

Barnesian said:

philiph said:

Barnesian said:

Full of bores now know better than anyone how things should happen and are disappointed to be ignored by the people actually in charge?
  • Options
    SNP MPs hate being called the "Scottish Nationalist Party" don't they? :grin:
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Barnesian said:

Barnesian said:

philiph said:

Barnesian said:

Without the booze...
    or the busty barmaid....
    In this woke pc times are we allowed to say such things? We might be facing a world pandemic of a killer disease, but it is still very important we remain totally woke, sign up to the trans-right pledge card and definitely don't say men can't compete in womens athletic events.
This discussion has been closed.