Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Ipsos-MORI finds that more electors might tactically vote

Comments

• Options
    ozymandiasozymandias Posts: 1,503

My poll question got missed

How unfortunate for you.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Foxy said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

IFS: Labour Proposing the Most Punitive Corporate Tax System in the World https://t.co/oRoYcX0gCJ

The prime minister wants to “fuck business “.
    That is such a weak reaponse. The question is 'do you agree with the IFS'
    It is not weak, the actual prime minister actually said that. You’re mad enough to vote for him.
    I am voting for the party best placed to consign Corbyn to the dustbin of history

Nothing more, nothing less, and trust many millions will do the same
    Millions will vote against Boris, a man proven uniquely to act unlawfully in high office. A man that those who know him best say he is utterly unfit to be PM.

It is a shame you will be voting for that.
    Can I commend you to vote for the LDs and reject that false choice? Financial sanity rather than either Tory or Labour magic money tree, and a leader who is untainted by racism.
    The problem with the LibDems is they sent us down this merry path by uncorking the Tory genie. I also bet clegg regrets calling for that in out referendum.

But you’re right, it’s time to get over that. Any anti-Tory voter must also consider the LibDems. The anti Tory vote should remember how organise itself.
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818

I do detect remainers who have tied their colours to Jo Swinson and the lib dems are somewhat in despair tonight as it is clear she has failed to get support for revoke and most likely has lost her cause as Corbyn's marxist manifesto panics many into Boris camp.

Brexit does not matter now, stopping Corbyn does

Plus the central plank of the remainer argument, that is was brexit and not Corbyn that 'that threatened the stability of the British economy' has been smashed to pieces. Obliterated. Atomised.

Next to Corbyn, Brexit is a picnic.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,001
    viewcode said:

kyf_100 said:

viewcode said:

rcs1000 said:

Re the right to vote, wouldn't it be better if it was something that had to be earned. People could accumulate citizenship points, and when they reached a high enough level, they would gain certain privileges:

100 pts - right to vote in local elections
    150 pts - right to vote in national elections
    200 pts - right to use the fast lane on the motorway
    250 pts - right to stand in national elections

Points could be earned for serving in the forces, paying your taxes on time, keeping the streets around your house clean, your children having good school attendance records etc.

And they could be lost by committing a crime, or other antisocial behaviour

You're a clever fella. Would you like to think of some examples, from fact or fiction, where your behaviour is continually monitored and citizenship rights go up and down accordingly? Then tell me if any of them aren't cautionary tales, or dystopias, or China.

Honestly, did John Spartan die in vain?
    Also Starship Troopers. Service guarantees citizenship!
    Demolition Man, that episode of The Orville, that episode of Black Mirror, 1984, China's Social Credit scheme (from the people who bought you vivisecting Uighurs!)... It's such a trope I'm surprised @rcs1000 got to the end of the sentence without realising it.
    Of course I thought of Starship Troopers.

It was so obvious, I didn't feel it bore repeating.
  • Options

I think an excellent Conservative manifesto pledge should be compulsory economics lessons for all Labour voters.

Free of course.

Paid for by a tax on the Unions. £500 per Union member per year paid by the Union.

I have had quite a few lessons in economics over the years and I am voting Labour. So I don't think it will be very effective. Unless it is a voodoo economics lesson where a load of spivy Tories drone on about trickle down and the Laffer curve and how income inequality is a great motivator.
    Trickle down means floods down to Cayman Islands

I think an excellent Conservative manifesto pledge should be compulsory economics lessons for all Labour voters.

Free of course.

Paid for by a tax on the Unions. £500 per Union member per year paid by the Union.

I have had quite a few lessons in economics over the years and I am voting Labour. So I don't think it will be very effective. Unless it is a voodoo economics lesson where a load of spivy Tories drone on about trickle down and the Laffer curve and how income inequality is a great motivator.
    You need help.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,625
    Pulpstar said:

I'd certainly urge everyone to vote tactically this election for your best placed local candidate to beat Corbyn.

I voted for Hilary Benn last time. Does that count?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I'd certainly urge everyone to vote tactically this election for your best placed local candidate to beat Corbyn.

If everyone voted conservative Corbyn is gone
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

kle4 said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

IFS: Labour Proposing the Most Punitive Corporate Tax System in the World https://t.co/oRoYcX0gCJ

It is not weak, the actual prime minister actually said that. You’re mad enough to vote for him.
    I am voting for the party best placed to consign Corbyn to the dustbin of history

Millions will vote against Boris, a man proven uniquely to act unlawfully in high office. A man that those who know him best say he is utterly unfit to be PM.

I really do not care about your attempt at moral judgment.

I will not support a marxist who is complicit in anti semitism and supports the enemies of our Country
    Your moral high horse became dog food years ago. By all means vote ‘Britain Trump’, but don’t kid yourself that is a patriotic act.
    Who said anything about it being patriotic.

It is the only means I have of stopping the disaster that would be Corbyn and his marxist cabal
    We hear this every time.

https://twitter.com/david_cameron/status/595112367358406656

Each time they attack the Marxist, each time they take us further into the abyss. The last four years have been abysmal. I want change,
    We also hear that we only have x days to save the NHS or whatever every time. No one can pretend their side does not have stupid, stock lines that they use every time.

And they work.
    So I look at the last four years and say no thanks, never again. I think that’s an entirely reasonable point of view.
    If only Ed Miliband knew how to eat a bacon sarnie.
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818
    Pulpstar said:

Warning: in 100 constituencies that could be Farage's mob....
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Can I commend you to vote for the LDs and reject that false choice? Financial sanity rather than either Tory or Labour magic money tree, and a leader who is untainted by racism.
    Did Scottish MP Swinson vote to triple student tuition fees in England ?
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,657
    ydoethur said:

Anyway, on more interesting matters:

Are any polls due tonight, or do we have to go Hungary?

Letts Czech...
  • Options
    TudorRoseTudorRose Posts: 1,662

I am surprised that the Tories thought it necessary to pay Google today in order to present their material under the Trumpian false title of The Labour Party Manifesto.

Is the Conservative Party unable to win this election without dirty tricks or indeed without pulling Johnson from a Leader's debate? If that is the case then they are unfit to govern.

So the Labour manifesto is a Tory trick? It certainly had me fooled!
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

I voted for Hilary Benn last time. Does that count?
    Yes.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,449
    Chris said:

Maybe the Lib Dems will win Batttttersea, but they obviously can't spell it.
    According to that leaflet Labour have failed to tackle racist anti-Semitism. Rather than the other sort, I suppose.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,249
    edited November 2019

Jonathan said:

kle4 said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

I will not support a marxist who is complicit in anti semitism and supports the enemies of our Country
    Your moral high horse became dog food years ago. By all means vote ‘Britain Trump’, but don’t kid yourself that is a patriotic act.

It is the only means I have of stopping the disaster that would be Corbyn and his marxist cabal
    We hear this every time.

Each time they attack the Marxist, each time they take us further into the abyss. The last four years have been abysmal. I want change,
    We also hear that we only have x days to save the NHS or whatever every time. No one can pretend their side does not have stupid, stock lines that they use every time.

And they work.
    So I look at the last four years and say no thanks, never again. I think that’s an entirely reasonable point of view.
    There is no elegant way of eating a bacon sarnie. At some point, a determined photographer will always have the chance to snap you looking like a total wazzock.

The solution therefore is not to eat them in public.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Foxy said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Yes, the coalition abided by Tory policy on that one.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

kle4 said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

We hear this every time.

And they work.
    Or alternatively the following never happened:

- (Advisor) Ed we've got a great idea. It involves a headstone.....
    - (EM) Tell me more about this idea.......
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Foxy said:

ydoethur said:

Letts Czech...
    Very good. I was Russian to get that pun out and I got a Swede reply.

Shall we Finnish there?
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,869
    Pulpstar said:

Oh dear thats you voting Tory in Bassetlaw then
  • Options
    Foxy said:

ydoethur said:

Letts Czech...
    Just Romania a minute and I'm sure one will be along. (Gets in quick before being left with 'Bosnia Herzegovina)
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

There is no elegant way of eating a bacon sarnie. At some point, a determined photographer will always have the chance to snap you looking like a total wazzock.

As a good Muslim boy I don't know how to eat a bacon sarnie.

I guess it is similar to the reason why I don't eat spaghetti in public?
  • Options
    There seems to be a lot of anti-Labour panic posts on here tonight. I wonder why?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Perhaps you could name those 100 constituencies.

A few in South Wales probably, possibly Hartlepool and err ...
  • Options
    In all seriousness, are we expecting any polls this evening? Assume most will be held for the Sundays
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Foxy said:

ydoethur said:

Letts Czech...
    Just Romania a minute and I'm sure one will be along. (Gets in quick before being left with 'Bosnia Herzegovina)
    That’s a woeful attempt. A proper turkey.

In fact, I’d go so far as to say you’re committing a Crimea.
  • Options

Free of course.

Free of course.

You need help.
    Your having a Laffer
  • Options
    edited November 2019

There seems to be a lot of anti-Labour panic posts on here tonight. I wonder why?

Not really. When your party has just written its suicide note we like to make sure the lunacy of your act is made patently clear to you,
  • Options

ydoethur said:

If you’re photographed eating spaghetti, that about wraps it up.
  • Options

Have you seen what they're proposing to do?If anyone isn't panicking I'd suggest they haven't seen the country's second largest party's proposals for government.
  • Options

Free of course.

Free of course.

You need help.
    Your having a Laffer
    You seemed to have learned a new concept. Well done to you. Be sure to use it in a lot of conversations to make you seem clever to your audience.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,775

Public Service Announcement for Labour and Tory supporters:

Just because people on the other side get empassioned and irate about you, does not mean they are panicked or 'rattled'. Perhaps they are, but that they strongly mention how they dislike your side does not prove it.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    ydoethur said:

Cookie said:

Foxy said:

ydoethur said:

Letts Czech...

Ukraine not be serious.....
  • Options

Not really. When your party has just written it's suicide note we like to make sure the lunacy of your act is made patently clear to you,
    Have you never had empathy for the poorest in Society?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

I am surprised that the Tories thought it necessary to pay Google today in order to present their material under the Trumpian false title of The Labour Party Manifesto.

Is the Conservative Party unable to win this election without dirty tricks or indeed without pulling Johnson from a Leader's debate? If that is the case then they are unfit to govern.

Wait, are you saying the Tories paid for paid search results for their Labour Manifesto site?

Fuck me that is weaker than tea brewed for 3 seconds.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Bootle?

‘Best chance’ can still include ‘no fucking chance without an actual earthquake.’
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Yes, the coalition abided by Tory policy on that one.
    LibDems don't do personal responsibility do they.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Cookie said:

Foxy said:

ydoethur said:

Letts Czech...

There's Norway I'm taking that. Just Kuwait...
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,793
    rcs1000 said:

viewcode said:

kyf_100 said:

viewcode said:

rcs1000 said:

Re the right to vote, wouldn't it be better if it was something that had to be earned. People could accumulate citizenship points, and when they reached a high enough level, they would gain certain privileges:

Points could be earned for serving in the forces, paying your taxes on time, keeping the streets around your house clean, your children having good school attendance records etc.

You're a clever fella. Would you like to think of some examples, from fact or fiction, where your behaviour is continually monitored and citizenship rights go up and down accordingly? Then tell me if any of them aren't cautionary tales, or dystopias, or China.

Demolition Man, that episode of The Orville, that episode of Black Mirror, 1984, China's Social Credit scheme (from the people who bought you vivisecting Uighurs!)... It's such a trope I'm surprised @rcs1000 got to the end of the sentence without realising it.

It's an anti-fascist satire! It's not meant to be a template on how to build a society! It's an example of how not to do that! You don't assign rights to people based on whether you like them or not! This is real life, not a school playground! Your proposed society would devolve into a dystopia very quickly! I don't have enough exclamation marks to express my disdain at your proposed Gehenna!!!! Aaargh!!!!

..and relax. Deep breaths, happy thoughts viewcode, happy thoughts.

(Bites lip)
  • Options

Because the manifesto is financially bonkers?

I really cannot see why the mass nationalisations are needed. Sure there is need to resuscitate public services after 10 years of penury, and a need to sort Social Care and Housing, but spending money on renationalising snail mail and the tinternet? Should be way down the list of priorities, if present at all.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    nunu2 said:
    Please do not spread polls that show my Girl falling back.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Pulpstar said:

Bootle?

‘Best chance’ can still include ‘no fucking chance without an actual earthquake.’
    Betfair for Bootle:

Con 33/1
    BXP 100/1
  • Options
    Alistair said:

nunu2 said:
    I was surprised for a moment, I was wondering why Sturgeon was struggling.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

In all seriousness, are we expecting any polls this evening? Assume most will be held for the Sundays

Most likely not. One assumes that most pollsters would've wanted to start the fieldwork on their latest surveys after the debate was held, so it's too soon to expect any results from those.

We are entitled to be terrified by even the remote, theoretical prospect of having the economy dismantled by John McDonnell.

ydoethur said:

Could you circumvent this problem by eating a delicious vegan faux bacon sarnie?

Vegan food is very creative. I seem to recall reading the other day that they do a mean Hawaiian pizza.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Pulpstar said:

Bootle?

Betfair for Bootle:

Con 33/1
    BXP 100/1
    Labour voters in Bootle may vote for the Brexit Party. They will not vote Tory.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Are you actually real or are you the result of a hideous election algorithm? People are simply not that thick to believe anything Johnson says. You are uniquely dense; you view the world through Murdoch's rectum coloured spectacles.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

rcs1000 said:

viewcode said:

kyf_100 said:

viewcode said:

rcs1000 said:

It's an anti-fascist satire! It's not meant to be a template on how to build a society! It's an example of how not to do that! You don't assign rights to people based on whether you like them or not! This is real life, not a school playground! Your proposed society would devolve into a dystopia very quickly! I don't have enough exclamation marks to express my disdain at your proposed Gehenna!!!! Aaargh!!!!

(Bites lip)
    I suspect Robert was talking about the book rather than the film. The former is certainly not an anti-fascist satire and does base it's society upon the concept of 'earned citizenship' through service.

And it has nothing to do with likes or dislikes. It is purely based upon the concept that citizenship involves both rights and responsibilities and is something separate from mere existence.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,307
    On far more important matters than this slightly boring election what has happened to NZ fielding? Used to be electric.

Ben Stokes’ godlike status is also confirmed.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929

Pulpstar said:

Oh dear thats you voting Tory in Bassetlaw then
    Don't worry Owls, my other half is voting Labour so the household is net zero :D
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

If you’re photographed eating spaghetti, that about wraps it up.
    If that was published, how would it panini out?
  • Options
    Funny, but the Tory fake site says upfront it is a website by the conservative party, that fake one should be similiarly upfront. It's why the Tory move was lame, but not as shitty as the twitter thing, becausue CCHQ is nto being as upfront.
  • Options
    sarissasarissa Posts: 1,783
    ydoethur said:

Given the weather, it’s almost as bad as being Chile...
  • Options

Not really. When your party has just written it's suicide note we like to make sure the lunacy of your act is made patently clear to you,
    It's quite possible to have sympathy for the poorest in society and at the same time feel horrified by what Labourr are proposing. The poorest in society would also suffer from the economy collapsing.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

ydoethur said:

Cookie said:

Foxy said:

ydoethur said:

Letts Czech...

There's Norway I'm taking that. Just Kuwait...
    I don't Bolivia.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

On far more important matters than this slightly boring election what has happened to NZ fielding? Used to be electric.

241-4. That's the sort of steady start which wins tests.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,001
    viewcode said:

rcs1000 said:

Most of them are novels written by anarchists rebelling against the great comfort of an ordered life.
  • Options
    nunu2nunu2 Posts: 1,453
    I would like to see another Welsh poll. I wonder if that 15% Brexit Party vote has been squeezed?
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Are you actually real or are you the result of a hideous election algorithm? People are simply not that thick to believe anything Johnson says. You are uniquely dense; you view the world through Murdoch's rectum coloured spectacles.
    Since Corbyn’s shadow cabinet describe themselves as Marxists, I think it is unfair to blame Johnson for that.

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/john-mcdonnell-socialist-kevin-maguire-profile
  • Options
    Comment ratios lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50497288#comp-comments-button

This is the BBC comments too - not renowned for a right wing bias...
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Alistair said:

nunu2 said:
    Please, while Sturgeon's Twitter game is top notch she doesn't hold a candle to El Grande El Warrenino.

Shown some respect.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

It's quite possible to have sympathy for the poorest in society and at the same time feel horrified by what Labourr are proposing. The poorest in society would also suffer from the economy collapsing.
    Clarification: the poorest in society *always* come off worse from economic depression.

Middle class people have resources that can keep them going for a little while at least. And the rich can - and will - simply flee to New York or some such similar locale.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

DavidL said:

Yep. The outfield is lightning so it is probably worth slightly less but it will do nicely.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

You are really not going to get far here insulting Big G. Unlike most of us he is a complete Gentleman and deserves the same respect in return. Something he gets from practically every poster on here no matter what their political views.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

DavidL said:

Yep. The outfield is lightning so it is probably worth slightly less but it will do nicely.
    I remember when we bowled out for 58 by the Black Caps in a Test match last year, so this is awesome.
  • Options
    SunnyJimSunnyJim Posts: 1,106

Anybody with an ounce of empathy for the most vulnerable in society will be horrified by a Labour manifesto clearly designed to ensure the UK economy is smashed and with it the public finances the poorest rely on.

I have yet to read or hear from a sensible expert who thinks Labour's plans are anything other than a disaster waiting to happen.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

ydoethur said:

Alistair said:

nunu2 said:
    Please, while Sturgeon's Twitter game is top notch she doesn't hold a candle to El Grande El Warrenino.

Shown some respect.
    Decent time to top up on Warren now I reckon if you want.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

You want to abuse Big_G, you're gonna have to go through me first, asshole. He's the nicest, most decent guy on this site.
    Ok then I will, do you go round on a big white horse with a union jack beating all the little people daring to suggest a giant majority for a lying tory might not be in the national interest?
  • Options
    viewcode said:

rcs1000 said:

viewcode said:

kyf_100 said:

viewcode said:

rcs1000 said:

(Bites lip)
    Wasn't there also a Neville Shute novel in which voters were awarded votes depending onhow they'd lived their lives? Everyone had one vote, but you were given another one for having children, having a job, etc, up to the seventh vote for services to the royal family. This was peesented as a liberal proposal which significantly improved the quality of politicians. Fairly sure that one wasn't satitical. Not that I'm advocating thaat, of course!
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Sad post
  • Options

The Tories certainly appear a little overwrought. If Jezza's manifesto is as ruinous as they claim, then it should be a piece of cake to discredit it. However, since exiling their powerful operators such as Hammond and Gauke, they must fear that they no longer have the political firepower, and Jezza may emerge relatively unscathed. Their fear is justified.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Are you actually real or are you the result of a hideous election algorithm?
    That's actually me - fourth iteration, obviously. I like to think I can disguise it, but most here probably already guessed the truth.
  • Options
    Incidentally disagreeing with the Bullingdon Bully Boys does not constitute abuse. You cant shackle us yet until you get your 450 seats
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    Unnecessarily rude and abusive. Sums up the hard left quite nicely.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

You want to abuse Big_G, you're gonna have to go through me first, asshole. He's the nicest, most decent guy on this site.
    Ok then I will, do you go round on a big white horse with a union jack beating all the little people daring to suggest a giant majority for a lying tory might not be in the national interest?
    Well, I don’t. But then, I don’t intend to vote for the lying Tory.

Nor do I intend to vote for Boris Johnson...
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    kle4 said:

Just because people on the other side get empassioned and irate about you, does not mean they are panicked or 'rattled'. Perhaps they are, but that they strongly mention how they dislike your side does not prove it.
    What's wrong @kle4? You seem rattled.
  • Options

The Tories certainly appear a little overwrought. If Jezza's manifesto is as ruinous as they claim, then it should be a piece of cake to discredit it. However, since exiling their powerful operators such as Hammond and Gauke, they must fear that they no longer have the political firepower, and Jezza may emerge relatively unscathed. Their fear is justified.
    I've found the Tory campaign quite arrogant so far to be honest. And now Johnson is running away from debating, little has been done to change my mind about that.

The fact checking thing really pissed me off to be honest - but I hope it's given Labour some good attack lines to use.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,793

viewcode said:

rcs1000 said:

viewcode said:

kyf_100 said:

viewcode said:

rcs1000 said:

(Bites lip)
    I suspect Robert was talking about the book rather than the film. The former is certainly not an anti-fascist satire and does base it's society upon the concept of 'earned citizenship' through service.

And it has nothing to do with likes or dislikes. It is purely based upon the concept that citizenship involves both rights and responsibilities and is something separate from mere existence.
    Ah, thank you.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Alexa, give me the definition of the phrase "low bar".
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

You can make your point without being personally abusive and offensive
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    nunu2 said:

I would like to see another Welsh poll. I wonder if that 15% Brexit Party vote has been squeezed?

Logically it must have dropped by at least 3%*. I don't know exactly how many Welsh constituencies the Faragists are contesting, but they won't be an option in at least a fifth of them because the Tories won eight last time around.

*This, of course, assumes that the Brexit Party vote is heading South like it is in the rest of the country, and that Wales isn't some sort of peculiar exception to the trend!
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Wasn't there also a Neville Shute novel in which voters were awarded votes depending onhow they'd lived their lives? Everyone had one vote, but you were given another one for having children, having a job, etc, up to the seventh vote for services to the royal family. This was peesented as a liberal proposal which significantly improved the quality of politicians. Fairly sure that one wasn't satitical. Not that I'm advocating thaat, of course!

In The Wet.

Shute hated politicians, especially left wing ones. He thought they were crooks, liars, charlatans, narcissists, and imbeciles.

Admittedly, given the only senior politician he seems to have had dealings with was Lord Thomson of Cardington his view is understandable.
  • Options

You're right of course. The Tories will miss Hammond's forensic dissection of Labour's policies which was highly effective last time round.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

rcs1000 said:

viewcode said:

kyf_100 said:

viewcode said:

rcs1000 said:

(Bites lip)
    The film, yes. The original book? Not so much.
  • Options
    RobD said:

kle4 said:

What's wrong @kle4? You seem rattled.
    I'm always rattled, I have the political constitution of a particularly nervous jellyfish.
  • Options
    I see everyone is in fine form tonight - decrying the system destroying, wealth grabbing, Marxist revolution on one side whilst the other side reviles against the lying, weasly, narcissistic leader of a bunch of xenophobes and crazies.

A normal night in PB land.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    edited November 2019
    If Morris Dancer is anywhere....go to see 'Le Mans 1966'. an excellent film. Brilliant performance by Christian Bale and a good one by Matt Damon. I say that as someone who isn't a particular fan of motor racing
  • Options

I see everyone is in fine form tonight - decrying the system destroying, wealth grabbing, Marxist revolution on one side whilst the other side reviles against the lying, weasly, narcissistic leader of a bunch of xenophobes and crazies.

A normal night in PB land.

Doomed! We're all doomed...
  • Options
    GideonWiseGideonWise Posts: 1,123

Incidentally disagreeing with the Bullingdon Bully Boys does not constitute abuse. You cant shackle us yet until you get your 450 seats

You literally were abusive a few posts ago.

A weird phenomenon I have noticed is that Big G seems to drive a certain subset of troll absolutely wild. Quite bizarre but also fascinating.
  • Options
    Btw the previous thread is a shocker. This is a seat that Labour did well in in 2017. It’s not even close.
  • Options
    TudorRoseTudorRose Posts: 1,662

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Sad post
    And your response demonstrates what a true gent you are. I can't think of another poster on here who would be so polite (or brief!)
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

That your best shot?

Go bother some other site that gives a shit.
  • Options

You literally were abusive a few posts ago.

A weird phenomenon I have noticed is that Big G seems to drive a certain subset of troll absolutely wild. Quite bizarre but also fascinating.
    I drive trolls mad as well.

I think it is my legendary modesty that does it.
  • Options

Hammond and Gauke's mighty powers did nothing to stop Labour sweeping up 40% of the popular vote in 2017. A lot of people are afraid of a repetition, and won't feel entirely reassured that it won't happen until it can be definitively ruled out by a favourable result on election night. That seems entirely understandable.
  • Options
    Roger said:

If Morris Dancer is anywhere....go to see 'Le Mans 1966'. an excellent film. Brilliant performance by Christian Bale and a good one by Matt Damon. I say that as someone who isn't a particular fan of motor racing

It was originally called Ford vs Ferrari, I wonder why they changed it as it is a far better title. Looked decent, but 2.5hrs?
This discussion has been closed.