Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » On the betting markets it’s now a 74% chance that TMay will go

Comments

• Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151

geoffw said:

Blackford: "If Westminster fails, Scotland will act".

They are going to invade?
    They will be welcomed by the populace, no turning back at Derby this time.
    Dudley Bradstreet is long since dead, nobody to provide false Intel this time
    Robert Peston
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,028

EEA is a million miles away from the current trajectory of the Tory party, and Labour are doing nothng to facilitate it.

In reality permanent Customs Union and a permanent backstop is more likely to pass the Commons than any other option
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,044

geoffw said:

BPC actually turned back about a mile away from where my parents and brother live. Swarkestone's a fascinating little place, and the causeway is utterly divine - if rather unsuitable for modern traffic!
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,653

CD13 said:

Mr Urquhart,

I can honestly say I've never met a vegan in this neck of the woods. I suppose there must be a few, keeping their guilty secret hidden. The vice that dare not speak its name. It must be a Southern affliction, but obviously part of life's rich tapestry.

Fortunately, my daughter didn't marry one.

I have only ever met a few vegans. Those that I have looked malnourished and pasty whilst having the most revolting air of pious sanctimony that puts them on a par with the most self-righteous religious nutcase.
    Malnourished, like Novak Djokovic and Lewis Hamilton for example ?

PB is perhaps not the best place to levy charges of pious sanctimony and self-righteousness...
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786

geoffw said:

Dudley Bradstreet is long since dead, nobody to provide false Intel this time
    Robert Peston
    Peston to frustrate the King Over Water. What times!
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,964

Clearly the appetite for Brexit is no longer there and it must be cancelled. I cannot see how it is tenable any more. Every day a new story about how leave lied and cheated. This is not democracy. It is a disgrace.

The disgrace is Remoaners like you using every scare story and every delay to try and overturn the largest democratic vote in British history.
    "Remoaner" !!!

I didn't vote Remain mate.
    Hilarious! Welcome to the world of Richard Tyndall. If you are not shining up the buttons on your blackshirt you are obviously a "Remoaner" . When are the more twattish end of the Brexit apologists going to think of a slightly less childish epithet for those people they don't agree with?
    Oh dear Nigel Foreskin is off on another if his little missions to prove what an ignorant twat he is. If Super_jeremy didn't vote Remain then his must be one of the most stunning conversions since St Paul.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,293
    dixiedean said:

Finally! A grown up asking sensible questions. Ken Clarke, of course.

And like all the others, not getting an answer!
    Like Zadawi on BBC PL; any question gets another repetition of the same robotic answer.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Clearly the appetite for Brexit is no longer there and it must be cancelled. I cannot see how it is tenable any more. Every day a new story about how leave lied and cheated. This is not democracy. It is a disgrace.

The disgrace is Remoaners like you using every scare story and every delay to try and overturn the largest democratic vote in British history.
    A fine illustration of the depths to which this flawed project has reduced our debate.
    Shocking, isn't it. Facebook groups are worse mind you.
  • Options
  • Options
    Nigel_ForemainNigel_Foremain Posts: 13,790
    Foxy said:

"Remoaner" !!!

Hilarious! Welcome to the world of Richard Tyndall. If you are not shining up the buttons on your blackshirt you are obviously a "Remoaner" . When are the more twattish end of the Brexit apologists going to think of a slightly less childish epithet for those people they don't agree with?
    Personally, I prefer Remaniac :)
    I quite like that. Remainiac and proud! Though this particular remainiac thinks we probably ought to leave in some way or other. Remaining now would be a bit like returning to a golf club where you went to the Christmas party, pissed on the bar, and shagged the Chairman's wife and threatened not to the pay your membership fees.
  • Options

"Remoaner" !!!

Bullshit.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

"Remoaner" !!!

You are clearly not respecting your own vote in 2016, then... disgraceful !
    :smile:
    Good point :)
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,986
    Nigelb said:

CD13 said:

Mr Urquhart,

I can honestly say I've never met a vegan in this neck of the woods. I suppose there must be a few, keeping their guilty secret hidden. The vice that dare not speak its name. It must be a Southern affliction, but obviously part of life's rich tapestry.

I have only ever met a few vegans. Those that I have looked malnourished and pasty whilst having the most revolting air of pious sanctimony that puts them on a par with the most self-righteous religious nutcase.

PB is perhaps not the best place to levy charges of pious sanctimony and self-righteousness...
    Google Anthony Mulally. Wouldn't tell him he was malnourished.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,694
    Nigelb said:

CD13 said:

Mr Urquhart,

Indeed. See if you can pick out the pastey faced weaklings in this little quiz. 8/10 for me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/e3c2e92e-4313-442a-8b54-f1b26e665e05
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,149

Oscar, after nearly three years I would have expected you to have come up with a new put down to replace "Remoaner". You are no longer setting us afire with the annihilating invective that left us so weak. Perhaps, at last, we can pop our head over the parapet and not be destroyed by your withering banter.
  • Options

"Remoaner" !!!

Oh dear Nigel Foreskin is off on another if his little missions to prove what an ignorant twat he is. If Super_jeremy didn't vote Remain then his must be one of the most stunning conversions since St Paul.
    Keep shining those jackboots Richard ;) . Love the childish name calling. It is very aligned with the average intellect of a UKIP/EDF voter
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited March 2019
    Scott_P said:
    May's career might be too, soon, the way things are panning out.
  • Options

"Remoaner" !!!

Bullshit.
    True or not, it is a nice illustration of the general case.

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1108000807948111873
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,010
    HYUFD said:

malcolmg said:

geoffw said:

Oh God the king in the f*cking north is awake, can't those white walkers get a move on?!
    At least we will get our second referendum
    Not if May takes some tips from the Spanish Government over Catalonia which she may well do
    Don't be stupid, she cannot thwart the will of the people under international law, a country has the right to decide self determination. That will not wash but hopefully she tries it on.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

Cancel all normal business of the House, and none of them gets to leave until they sort this bloody shambles out. Provide adequate food.

Inadequate generally works better. Hunger incentivises compromise.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,477
    Sandpit said:

Scott_P said:
    Looks like No Deal on May 23rd then. Two months to prepare for it.
    If no deal is looming , Parliament will find some way to pass an alternative - I.e, Mays deal.
  • Options
    SeanTSeanT Posts: 549
    Scott_P said:
    That means No Deal, New Referendum, or Revoke.

Given the time available, No Deal it will be. Unless the Commons comes to its senses.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Oscar, after nearly three years I would have expected you to have come up with a new put down to replace "Remoaner". You are no longer setting us afire with the annihilating invective that left us so weak. Perhaps, at last, we can pop our head over the parapet and not be destroyed by your withering banter.
    Why should i give a fuck what a non entity like you thinks?
  • Options

"Remoaner" !!!

"Nigel Foreskin" - oh Oscar! You surpass yourself! How do you come up with these delicious bon mots!?!
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Nigelb said:

CD13 said:

Mr Urquhart,

Indeed. See if you can pick out the pastey faced weaklings in this little quiz. 8/10 for me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/e3c2e92e-4313-442a-8b54-f1b26e665e05
    It's perfectly possible to eat a healthy vegan diet, obviously.
    More hassle than I can be bothered with, but why would anyone get upset with another's choice in the matter ?
  • Options

"Remoaner" !!!

Bullshit.
    No, I am telling the truth. Wind your neck in mate.
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092

CD13 said:

Mr Urquhart,

Strange that you've met so few vegans, I can't imagine why any of them would be avoiding your charming company.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

It was an open goal and tbf Jezza slotted it in.

It must have been a very large one for Mr Thicky to manage that. Then again, the Tory party does seem to be setting them up. Maybe it is a new sport for them to see how many he can miss
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    edited March 2019
    SeanT said:

Scott_P said:

Given the time available, No Deal it will be. Unless the Commons comes to its senses.
    The cycle never changes. May cooks up some plan entirely on her own. The loyalists back her. This plan turns out not to be grounded in reality. The plan fails. We end up where we started. Rinse and repeat.

We need to get rid of May to break the cycle. She just doesn't do reality.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,477

Scott_P said:
    May's career might be too, soon, the way things are panning out.
    If she was being truly Machiavellian, she would have designed the request so that it deliberately fails.

“Oh look, we’re leaving in a weeks time. You don’t want to? Get the deal passed then.”

I don’t credit Mrs May with this amount of political nous, though.
  • Options

"Remoaner" !!!

Keep shining those jackboots Richard ;) . Love the childish name calling. It is very aligned with the average intellect of a UKIP/EDF voter
    You are the last person to be able to complain about name calling
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    Bercow deliberately extending PMQs to call all sorts of significant backbenchers (Clarke, Cash, Miliband, Cooper, Boles, Letwin).
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Remoaner is a poor neoligism, not least because most of the whinging is coming from Leavers.

Remainers are more "I told you so..."
  • Options

CD13 said:

Mr Urquhart,

Strange that you've met so few vegans, I can't imagine why any of them would be avoiding your charming company.
    But, and I say this as a 5 day Vegan, I think he has a point about many who are Vegan.
  • Options

DougSeal said:

Is there any need to be so unpleasant ?
  • Options

DougSeal said:

Yeah, I mean you're THE Richard Tyndall. I'm surprised you deign to interact with the public at all, beyond your regularly-scheduled autograph signings.
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    DougSeal said:

"Remoaner" !!!

"Nigel Foreskin" - oh Oscar! You surpass yourself! How do you come up with these delicious bon mots!?!
    Just lashing out as he tries to manage the cognitive dissidence of supporting Brexit as the correct 'democratic' thing to do when 60% of people oppose it.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

DougSeal said:

I have no idea, but you clearly do, because you react to every minor slight to you or your political position on a public message board from people you don't know with abuse and name calling - sometimes within seconds.

But do keep it up. You have reached a level of quality in your clever and cutting remarks that the rest of us mere mortals can only gaze up at in wonder.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    TOPPING said:

It was an open goal and tbf Jezza slotted it in.

Even the worst will hit the target on occasion. Doesn't change the fact his usual tendency is to hit the corner flag.
  • Options

CD13 said:

Mr Urquhart,

But, and I say this as a 5 day Vegan, I think he has a point about many who are Vegan.
    Perhaps.
    And yet they are no more obsessed than (say) a Corbynite or one of the ERGots.
    And arguably talk a great deal more sense.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Scott_P said:

The Commons likely to force indicative votes which probably means permanent Customs Union and a permanent backstop
  • Options

CD13 said:

Mr Urquhart,

You take weekends off?!?
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

"Remoaner" !!!

Bullshit.

It is true. I am not going to lie. I voted leave (I am in Durham North) and for very good reasons. Left of Centre. However I did not vote based on a no deal exit and the current shambolic inept handling of it by the current Tory administration is a total and utter disgrace. Peoples lives and businesses are impacted by this complete lack of movement and all the political classes do is retreat to entrenched positions. It should be about what is good for the country not what is good for Tory party discipline.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

"Remoaner" !!!

He is such a wag isn't he? I believe they may be using him as a stand up comic at the next at the next joint meeting of UKIP and the English Defence League
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

I have no idea, but you clearly do, because you react to every minor slight to you or your political position on a public message board from people you don't know with abuse and name calling - sometimes within seconds.

But do keep it up. You have reached a level of quality in your clever and cutting remarks that the rest of us mere mortals can only gaze up at down on in wonder.
    Corrected for you
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340

Bercow deliberately extending PMQs to call all sorts of significant backbenchers (Clarke, Cash, Miliband, Cooper, Boles, Letwin).

That’s surely fair enough today.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

malcolmg said:

geoffw said:

Oh God the king in the f*cking north is awake, can't those white walkers get a move on?!
    Not if May takes some tips from the Spanish Government over Catalonia which she may well do
    Don't be stupid, she cannot thwart the will of the people under international law, a country has the right to decide self determination. That will not wash but hopefully she tries it on.
    Like international law really helped the Catalans stop the Spanish Government sending in armed force to stop an independence referendum!
  • Options
    HYUFD said:
    The story last night was that she will apparently be gone by Monday.
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    DougSeal said:

"Remoaner" !!!

Nigel_Foremainiac, now, surely? Or Nigel_Foremoan, if you must.
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819
    As a hypothetical, where would we be now if Cameron had decided not to resign in 2016, and instead it was him in charge of delivering brexit?
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    Mr g,

If you vote for independence, the UK Parliament will stick it's oar in, fart around for three years and then tell you you've changed your mind. All a bit pointless.
  • Options

He always makes sure all the questions are taken. Stop trying to score misleading points.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

CD13 said:

Mr Urquhart,

You take weekends off?!?
    Yes, we do. It is more my wife really. She did not like last nights aubergine tagine at all. Just ate the cous cous and had a lip on the rest of the night.

Plus work hard in the week, work can be good can be crap, and we look forward to our weekend and enjoying ourselves.
  • Options

As a hypothetical, where would we be now if Cameron had decided not to resign in 2016, and instead it was him in charge of delivering brexit?

Same as now but with more oink
  • Options
    Foxy said:

CD13 said:

Mr Urquhart,

You take weekends off?!?
    It's not so strange. I'm very pro-Flexitarianism
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,753

MPs with something to contribute. Surprised Dodds was not called.......perhaps he didn't want to be.....
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870
    Foxy said:

"Remoaner" !!!

I try to make a point of calling Brexiteers by their chosen, flattering epithet, even though I disagree with their views. It's a little contribution to keeping the debate more civil.

Those who deliberately use the word "Remoaners" are saying more about themselves than about the people they describe.
  • Options
    Endillion said:

DougSeal said:

"Remoaner" !!!

No, it is now Nigel_Forwhateverwillgetusoutofthisunnecessaryballsup . It has a certain ring to it
  • Options

We'd be approaching Meaningful Referendum 3 right now.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    IanB2 said:

He always makes sure all the questions are taken. Stop trying to score misleading points.
    Yes, he always gets through the order paper, with enough MPs from the "other side" to retain alternation.

Today he went well past that, as a check of the order paper will confirm. Pretty reasonably, in my opinion, as it happens.

Kindly withdraw your accusation.
  • Options

Nigelb said:

"Remoaner" !!!

Bullshit.

It is true. I am not going to lie. I voted leave (I am in Durham North) and for very good reasons. Left of Centre. However I did not vote based on a no deal exit and the current shambolic inept handling of it by the current Tory administration is a total and utter disgrace. Peoples lives and businesses are impacted by this complete lack of movement and all the political classes do is retreat to entrenched positions. It should be about what is good for the country not what is good for Tory party discipline.
    I'm happy to take your word for it.
    I was simply pointing out that calling you a liar doesn't really address the argument at all.
  • Options

Foxy said:

"Remoaner" !!!

I try to make a point of calling Brexiteers by their chosen, flattering epithet, even though I disagree with their views. It's a little contribution to keeping the debate more civil.

Those who deliberately use the word "Remoaners" are saying more about themselves than about the people they describe.
    Indeed. It is particularly ironic that most leave supporters are people who have been going puce about all sorts of things they disagree with for years. Even after we leave they will still be moaning about all the foreigners and it is the fault of the EU for this and that. What a pathetic bunch.
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976

Endillion said:

DougSeal said:

"Remoaner" !!!

No, it is now Nigel_Forwhateverwillgetusoutofthisunnecessaryballsup . It has a certain ring to it
    Nigel_ForalongextensioncoupledwithachangeinPMandasecondreferendum?

You could probably get quite a lot of rings on that.
  • Options

Foxy said:

CD13 said:

Mr Urquhart,

You take weekends off?!?
    Yes, we do. It is more my wife really. She did not like last nights aubergine tagine at all. Just ate the cous cous and had a lip on the rest of the night.

Plus work hard in the week, work can be good can be crap, and we look forward to our weekend and enjoying ourselves.
    I haven't got it so formalised, more that I try to stick to the Sustainable diet for the planet, so rarely eat meat, and have given it up for Lent. I am partial to proper butter and cheese, so would find veganism a bit tough.
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited March 2019
    I think May may be removed quite soon, or she may go under some kind of new offer or promise before this time next week.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,842

If her Remainer cabinet members don't resign over this, it shows how utterly craven they are.
    I already know how craven they are. It is a matter of some concern to me. As others have pointed out, they always give way.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,044

Foxy said:

"Remoaner" !!!

Indeed. It is particularly ironic that most leave supporters are people who have been going puce about all sorts of things they disagree with for years. Even after we leave they will still be moaning about all the foreigners and it is the fault of the EU for this and that. What a pathetic bunch.
    It's the ones who supported and voted for UKIP - supposedly for Brexit reasons - and then pretend to utterly disown them that amuse me. If we end up remaining, they'll be immediately back rubbing shoulders with the likes of Farage and Tommy.
  • Options
    Endillion said:

Endillion said:

DougSeal said:

"Remoaner" !!!

Nigel_ForalongextensioncoupledwithachangeinPMandasecondreferendum?

You could probably get quite a lot of rings on that.
    Possibly, though it may be:

Nigel_Foradecentelectablenonanti-Semeticleaderoftheoppositionfirst
  • Options

I think May will be removed quite soon, or she may go under some kind of new offer or promise before this time next week.

And if a nutter replaces her, the Tories lose their majority altogether, DUP or no.
  • Options
    SeanTSeanT Posts: 549
    Jonathan said:

SeanT said:

Scott_P said:

The cycle never changes. May cooks up some plan entirely on her own. The loyalists back her. This plan turns out not to be grounded in reality. The plan fails. We end up where we started. Rinse and repeat.

She is personally wedded to those red lines, which make everything impossible. A new leader - even, God help us, Boris - could reasonably say this Deal is shit, but the red lines ensure it is shit, so we need to budge. Then go for EEA/EFTA+ or whatever. Accept FoM.

Or call a new vote.
  • Options
    Wow, the difference in interview skill between those two is quite something. She dominated that so effortlessly.
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,956
    Scott_P said:
    Finally a way to unite the entire country around a long delay.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,310
    We're reaching the stage where some sort of government of nation unity is required, led by a figure who is respected by all sides. I recall Nick Palmer saying Oliver Letwin is adored across the house for being such a nice, polite and thoughtful chap. Worth a go surely.
  • Options
    Nadim Zaharwi vs Barry Gardiner would be the longest ever game of "Defend the indefensible"
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

Fair enough though Cash is rather the odd one out there.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    I mean call me crazy, but if May wants June 30 and the EU says either earlier as May 23 or much much longer, would that maybe not have come up in conversation at some point recently before she sent them a letter?
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    It remains Theresa May's intention to do something that she acknowledges is impossible in practice.

Is that a fair reading of her letter?

Oh my days.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

We're reaching the stage where some sort of government of nation unity is required, led by a figure who is respected by all sides. I recall Nick Palmer saying Oliver Letwin is adored across the house for being such a nice, polite and thoughtful chap. Worth a go surely.

Watsons scooby gang plus Tory non erg and the tiggers and LD with Corbyn LOTO aided and abetted by the SNP and the orangemen?

Delivering a super soft Brexit
  • Options

He's just following Tory Central Office script of rubbishing the speaker. Who hasn't actually put a foot wrong.
  • Options

Wow, the difference in interview skill between those two is quite something. She dominated that so effortlessly.
    Stella is a class act, so I am green on her, but Jess Phillips of GBBO is the apple of my eye:

https://twitter.com/foxinsoxuk/status/1108356356308901890?s=19
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

He's just following Tory Central Office script of rubbishing the speaker. Who hasn't actually put a foot wrong.
    Please see my post below. You are incorrect: Bercow departed from usual custom and procedure today. As it happens, I think he has a point on this occasion.
  • Options
    Harris_TweedHarris_Tweed Posts: 1,300

I mean call me crazy, but if May wants June 30 and the EU says either earlier as May 23 or much much longer, would that maybe not have come up in conversation at some point recently before she sent them a letter?

Given that as recently as yesterday's cabinet meeting, she hadn't decided WHAT she planned to request, I admire your optimistic outlook on life..
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Nadim Zaharwi vs Barry Gardiner would be the longest ever game of "Defend the indefensible"
    "Respecting the result of the referendum means voting for Mrs May's deal and anyone who suggests otherwise should be sent to the Tower"
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,736

"Remoaner" !!!

There is a certain irony in Leavers complaining about moaning Remainers. Also that Richard T has set himself up as the sole arbiter of what is democratic and what is not. Finally that he is even telling people that they didn't, in fact, vote Leave when they claim they did.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,010
    HYUFD said:

malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

malcolmg said:

geoffw said:

Like international law really helped the Catalans stop the Spanish Government sending in armed force to stop an independence referendum!
    Totally and utterly different circumstances and laws , countries etc, it is the tired old unionist squirrel. If you would like a wager I am happy to oblige you.
  • Options
    Re gvt national unity, the time to call for it would be after a narrow vonc either way with a neutral figure as PM from the Tory benches as largest part of it
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Jonathan said:

SeanT said:

Scott_P said:

She is personally wedded to those red lines, which make everything impossible. A new leader - even, God help us, Boris - could reasonably say this Deal is shit, but the red lines ensure it is shit, so we need to budge. Then go for EEA/EFTA+ or whatever. Accept FoM.

Or call a new vote.
    Agreed 100%
This discussion has been closed.