Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Remember how at EURef Newcastle and Sunderland gave us the fir

Comments

• Options
    PolruanPolruan Posts: 2,083

Mrs C, Yorkshire is a flourishing and bountiful land, nourished by the timely rain. Not a parched realm of nightmares, like Mordor.

Leave Derbyshire out of this.....
    Derbyshire has been left out of everything since the dawn of civilisation.....
    It is slowly creeping up on Sheffield though. It seems to get closer every time I go over Snake Pass.
    It's a sneaky county, Derbyshire. You've got to watch it like a hawk....
    It is so bleak up in the hills. If you car has a problem up there then you might as well be on the back of the moon as far as mobile phones are concerned.
    My first car was an ex-National Rivers Authority Land Rover 110. It nearly killed me three times, including once when I was travelling over the tops between Chesterfield and Matlock on a foggy night and lost all electrics, including lights.

My brother had much more fun with his Land Rover, including the time he was on its roof and it rolled onto him. That's an impressive feat!
    I regularly drive past the Land Rover factory in Liverpool. There are plenty more of them to go around so tell your brother not to worry too much ;)
    I don't think they make the classic Land Rover any more? It's all Freeloaders and Piscoverys now, isn't it. :(

I saw a figure somewhere for the percentage of Land Rovers made that are still in existence: it was remarkably high. You just can't kill them.
    I took my 110 to the Royal Cornwall Show today. Car parks are a mud bath, and as a result it's now mud spattered from sill to roof. I may have taken a few "alternative" routes. Can't stop smiling.

(And saw the new Disco there. Don't know what they're doing - possibly the ugliest vehicle I've ever seen)
  • Options
    TudorRoseTudorRose Posts: 1,662

hmmm majority still stubbornly at 1.2- thought we would have seen tightening by now

I'm also surprised, but my betting fund is now all committed (mostly at 1.28) and I don't intend to trade out before 10pm.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Ave_it said:

Where's malcolmG?

Ayr, I think.

His quietness tempts me with a few quid on the Ruth Davidson party there.

Bdtfair seems to be heading the way of a 50-100 majority.

My pred is unchanged:

Con 362
    Lab 215
    SNP 40
    LD 11
    PC 3
    Gn 1
    NI 18

76 majority

I have just backed some of the run off though as this is a particularly difficult one to predict.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,949
    nunu said:

alex. said:

RobD said:

GIN1138 said:

Ave_it said:

Where's malcolmG?

Malc has been VERY quiet recently?
    Turnip season?
    Wasn't he banned?
    He's unbanned now.
    Can't think what Malc would ever do to get himself banned...
  • Options
    currystarcurrystar Posts: 1,171

hmmm majority still stubbornly at 1.2- thought we would have seen tightening by now

I imagine its due to the EU referendum and burnt fingers
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 63,132
    edited June 2017
    rpjs said:

Brom said:

Oldies for Jez.

https://twitter.com/_AngelaLansbury/status/872559410379444224

I actually think this is quite a cool celeb endorsement. Obviously runs in the family.

I would agree. Her grandfather was Labour leader no? I have a lot more respect for her than your Lily Allens or Ruby Tandohs.
    shes not a nice person

everywhere she goes there are dead bodies
    She did help stop the Nazis from invading back around 1940, with a bit of help from the boys of the old Home Guard.
    You are forgetting her chilling appearance in The Manchurian Candidate.

#Maomentum

• Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    Did Jack W make his promised prediction. I didn't see it.
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411

Ave_it said:

Where's malcolmG?

Ayr, I think.

My pred is unchanged:

Con 362
    Lab 215
    SNP 40
    LD 11
    PC 3
    Gn 1
    NI 18

76 majority

I have just backed some of the run off though as this is a particularly difficult one to predict.
    If he's in ayr he is going to be keeping quiet tonight! :lol:
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,542
    I'm still holding with a majority of 64-ish. Maybe I'm being too cautious, but I still can't see a landslide happening.
  • Options
    JMBJMB Posts: 7
    TudorRose said:

I'm also surprised, but my betting fund is now all committed (mostly at 1.28) and I don't intend to trade out before 10pm.
    But con maj 75-99 dropped from 5 to 3.8 on betfair in last 30 mins - too many people reading this thread?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    RobD said:

Dougie said:

Anecdote - I was called up by someone at a Conservative phonebank today asking if I had voted in Edinburgh North and Leith - which is my constituency. I had and asked him how it was going. He said the Tories were getting their vote out but that it would be close. Of course he would say that anyway, but interesting that the Tories are throwing resources at EN&L at this stage.

Er, close between Lab and the SNP, surely??
    Look at the switching matrix of Lab to Con, factor in almost total Con retention and SNP vote fall and you get Con anywhere from 2000 votes behind to 2000 votes ahead. The Constituency takes in most of the city centre (elected Ruth Davidson) and some of the most affluent and we'll healed parts of Edinburgh. Don't be fooled by Leith in the consituency name. It takes in Fettes, Trinity and Inverleith where if a house is worthless than half a million it is a hovel.
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786

bunnco said:

Four anecdotes from telling in Norwich South [New Costessey Ward - LV1] for 10 hours today...

1 The polling station Inspector tells me that the queues at the University of East Anglia polling station were transitory and caused by a whole load of students leaving a big exam at the same time and all going off to the polling station before retiring to the pub. Treat twitter pix with caution.

2 I met a charming lady with two poll cards asking me what to do with the other - her husband died on Tuesday. I just hugged her tightly and then the presiding officer helped her in her grief and looked after the card for her. Lump in the throat time.

3 Turnout v high at about 75pc - that is about 1100 in the polling station and an additional 500+ postals.

4 Labour phoned someone who lived 3 doors from the polling station asking him whether he wanted a taxi. He was a committed Tory voter so was perplexed by the offer.

Bunnco - Your Man on the Spot

Is the high turnout only in your ward which is one of the more Conservative parts of the constituency ?

And is the university area having much lower turnout ?

Surely there's no chance that Labour might not win Norwich South.
    Only if Costessey turns out en masse and the students and city vote don't. He's safe.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,034

bunnco said:

Four anecdotes from telling in Norwich South [New Costessey Ward - LV1] for 10 hours today...

1 The polling station Inspector tells me that the queues at the University of East Anglia polling station were transitory and caused by a whole load of students leaving a big exam at the same time and all going off to the polling station before retiring to the pub. Treat twitter pix with caution.

2 I met a charming lady with two poll cards asking me what to do with the other - her husband died on Tuesday. I just hugged her tightly and then the presiding officer helped her in her grief and looked after the card for her. Lump in the throat time.

3 Turnout v high at about 75pc - that is about 1100 in the polling station and an additional 500+ postals.

4 Labour phoned someone who lived 3 doors from the polling station asking him whether he wanted a taxi. He was a committed Tory voter so was perplexed by the offer.

Is the high turnout only in your ward which is one of the more Conservative parts of the constituency ?

I bloody well hope they do. Surely the Tories can't take Norwich south !
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,771
    rpjs said:

Brom said:

Oldies for Jez.

I actually think this is quite a cool celeb endorsement. Obviously runs in the family.

I would agree. Her grandfather was Labour leader no? I have a lot more respect for her than your Lily Allens or Ruby Tandohs.
    shes not a nice person

She did help stop the Nazis from invading back around 1940, with a bit of help from the boys of the old Home Guard.
    yes but she'd have welcomed Stalin and his mates from the NKVD
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,915

104 maj
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,710

Yup, Jack's prediction was

Con 378 .. Lab 199 .. LibDem 8 .. SNP 44 .. PC 3 .. Green 1 .. UKIP 0 .. Speaker 1 .. NI 18

Con Maj 102

Turnout 66%
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658
    JMB said:

TudorRose said:

But con maj 75-99 dropped from 5 to 3.8 on betfair in last 30 mins - too many people reading this thread?
    Timber?
  • Options
    DougieDougie Posts: 57
    RobD said:

Dougie said:

Anecdote - I was called up by someone at a Conservative phonebank today asking if I had voted in Edinburgh North and Leith - which is my constituency. I had and asked him how it was going. He said the Tories were getting their vote out but that it would be close. Of course he would say that anyway, but interesting that the Tories are throwing resources at EN&L at this stage.

You'd have thought. But with the Tories increasing their vote by 11 - 15% Scotland wide, and the SNP apparently declining by 7 - 10%, there are going to be some enormous and unexpected swings in some parts of Scotland.

For the record my bet is that those swings will be in the north east rather than Edinburgh. Although the Tories will get a good vote in the New Town/Inverleith part of Edinburgh North and Leith, I have a hard time seeing them breaking through into the more populous Leith part of the seat.

• Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,154

bunnco said:

Only if Costessey turns out en masse and the students and city vote don't. He's safe.
    Thanks.

Norwich South Lab has some of my bank account temporarily residing in it.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,771
    Ave_it said:

Ave_it said:

Where's malcolmG?

Ayr, I think.

My pred is unchanged:

Con 362
    Lab 215
    SNP 40
    LD 11
    PC 3
    Gn 1
    NI 18

76 majority

malc's a shy tory

hes voting theresa
  • Options

bunnco said:

Thanks.

Norwich South Lab has some of my bank account temporarily residing in it.
    If it falls then a 200 majority is on. It won't. The city is true red.
  • Options
    jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,261
    Think there will be a lot of torn Labour voters out there tonight? Some feeling that Corbyn has to go but know it might take a big Conservative result to force that change? Some perhaps hoping it is a 100 or more Tory majority so to get rid of Corbyn?

There is a real danger tonight he could do well enough to stay on especially in terms of percentage of the vote. I guess there is the argument if he increases say the vote share that Miliband got that his politics is a viable brand and the country might be open to a hard left government. But if Corbyn is still a major turn off they might never go all the way in letting Labour back in.

If I was a Labour voter I might want a pasting tonight, get rid of Corbyn and go back to the center left hoping that Brexit damages the Conservatives badly and ready to take over at the next election.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    edited June 2017
    RobD said:

Dougie said:

A SLab bod tweeted this. Treat with caution though:
    https://twitter.com/ianssmart/status/872875506349355008
  • Options
    EastwingerEastwinger Posts: 351

bunnco said:

Big turnout here in the Golden Triangle. Clive will increase his majority.
  • Options
    bunncobunnco Posts: 169
    Can't really say about turnout in the rest of the constituency in Norwich South- NewCostessey is held exclusively by LibDem candidates at the district & county councils so it isn't traditionally Tory. That said, it looked quite Blue today.

re the University ward turnout - You need to remember that voter registration in University ward is only 64% of the Norwich South ward average but theory should suggest that the number of voters in each ward should be equal. So the the students just aren't registered to vote.

Couple that with the fact that term finished on 19th May with only those with exams staying on.

So I suspect a double whammy repeated all over
    Low student voter registration
    Low turnout because either they've gone home. Or just can't be arsed.

And if they're registered to vote at home instead by mummy and daddy, there's a good chance their Corbynistic tendancies will be diluted.

• Options
    LucyJonesLucyJones Posts: 651
    CD13 said:

Mr P,

My favourite Wigan joke which bears re-telling while we're waiting for the exit poll. Not suitable for snowflakes.

A St Helens man goes to Wigan and sees a little girl crying her eyes out at the side of the road.
    "What's wrong, little girl?" he asks.
    "It's my mummy," she says. "I've lost her and can't find her anywhere."
    "Don't worry," he says. "We'll soon find her. What's she like?"
    "Bingo and cock," comes the answer.

It's a scouse joke, so they switch towns if they're in Wigan.

This is my favourite Wigan joke (you need to imagine the accent):

Man goes into a jewellers: "Can you make me a statue of my dog, in gold"
    "Eighteen carat?"
    "Er... no thanks. Chewing a bone".

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,022
  • Options

RobD said:

Dougie said:

A Labour bod tweeted this. Treat with caution though:
    The sums make it clear it is a target.

May's late Edinburgh visit was to North and Leith.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    I have always loathed Angel Lansbury in her TV detective sort of role that's been on tele forever.
    Now I know she is a socialist too, It just confirms my opinion
  • Options
    DanSmithDanSmith Posts: 1,215
    Is that "not going to be a 100 seat majority" less bullish or...
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,551

TW1R64 said:

Chameleon said:

Why would anybody choose the BBC over Sky. Why curtice was still saying too close to call in the EU referendum and 2015 GE, Thrasher had already calculated the results and gone home.

For me it depends on the graphics, best graphics get on the TV, second best on the laptop, ITV off.
    I love watching BBC just to see the disappointment on their faces. Andrew Marr was practically in tears after the exit poll 2015.
    You do know he is a Tory?
    What? A real Tory or an everyone-to-the-right-of-John-McDonnell-is-a-Tory Tory?
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    So Forsyth and Dunn giving out mixed messages then....
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
  • Options
    TravelJunkieTravelJunkie Posts: 431
    just voted, turnout similar to eu referendum. just one polling statin though.

benfleet - castle point.
  • Options
    I'm watching Emmerdale Farm now - God almighty.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,940

GIN1138 said:

But this is my prediction for tonight

https://twitter.com/TSEofPB/status/872495125250834432

A good night for Theresa May!

Yah, and I'm spending the night with three Corbynistas
    Abbott Thornberry and Long Bailey.......I'm jealous
  • Options
    Mother ducker. Betfair Sports book limiting me to £3.55 on Constituency bets.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,473
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    Then again, I remember that twitter commentary two years ago before the exit poll made me think Labour had a chance.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,060
    edited June 2017
    BUGGER!!!! I need 10 in total. Mind you I've got those big bets on the 3 border constituencies that Alastair "forced" us to bet on... thank you.
  • Options
    Are there any 'unofficial' exit polls happening this time?
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,222
    alex. said:

By that do you mean opinion polls on the day?
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    alex. said:

I assume Yougov is doing a re-contact of its panel?
  • Options
    Expectations management. Means 12 or so are in play. Salmond............
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    Polruan said:

Mrs C, Yorkshire is a flourishing and bountiful land, nourished by the timely rain. Not a parched realm of nightmares, like Mordor.

It is slowly creeping up on Sheffield though. It seems to get closer every time I go over Snake Pass.
    It is so bleak up in the hills. If you car has a problem up there then you might as well be on the back of the moon as far as mobile phones are concerned.
    My first car was an ex-National Rivers Authority Land Rover 110. It nearly killed me three times, including once when I was travelling over the tops between Chesterfield and Matlock on a foggy night and lost all electrics, including lights.

My brother had much more fun with his Land Rover, including the time he was on its roof and it rolled onto him. That's an impressive feat!
    I regularly drive past the Land Rover factory in Liverpool. There are plenty more of them to go around so tell your brother not to worry too much ;)
    I don't think they make the classic Land Rover any more? It's all Freeloaders and Piscoverys now, isn't it. :(

I saw a figure somewhere for the percentage of Land Rovers made that are still in existence: it was remarkably high. You just can't kill them.
    I took my 110 to the Royal Cornwall Show today. Car parks are a mud bath, and as a result it's now mud spattered from sill to roof. I may have taken a few "alternative" routes. Can't stop smiling.

(And saw the new Disco there. Don't know what they're doing - possibly the ugliest vehicle I've ever seen)
    The Discovery's key target market is SW London. Just as the Evoque's is new money Cheshire.
  • Options
    JamesPJamesP Posts: 85
    Ancedata Alert:

Voted today at 5:37pm.

Overheard from polling officer / desk sitter (can't think of the proper names for them):

I was voter #450 of the day (3rd sheet finished). There are about 1950 voters registered at my polling location. 24.1% of these have postal votes.

I live in what was a LD/CON SW marginal, which turned blue in 2015. The polling station area and ward is best described as a better off, older (and few students) suburban area, part of the main town in the constituency. Turnout for the county council election was 43% (which covers a wider area). I am under the impression that turnout is normally higher here than the average for the constituency.

Making the assumption that 80% of postal voters voted. (376). And add in the 450 = 826/1950 voters by 5:37pm for a turnout of 42.3%. I think this may be indicating a lower turnout in the old LD/CON marginals (which no longer are marginal!). Even another 450 voters in the last 4 hours and 23 minutes would only mean a turnout of 65.4% (I would expect last time for it to be nearing 80% in my area, for a turnout of 70% overall).

In addition to this, throughout the campaign the LDs have not been as 'tenacious' as they once were. No contact from them, when only 7 years ago, they were bordering on fanatical, even in 2015 they were far more active. Perhaps this has translated into a low turnout in these sorts of seats...
  • Options
    OUTOUT Posts: 569

Ave_it said:

Ave_it said:

Where's malcolmG?

Ayr, I think.

My pred is unchanged:

Con 362
    Lab 215
    SNP 40
    LD 11
    PC 3
    Gn 1
    NI 18

76 majority

malc's a shy tory

hes voting theresa
    It's Ruth's party up here.
  • Options
    ab195ab195 Posts: 477
    Alistair said:

Betfair is doing that to me. Is it a generic thing or it because of bahaviour on an account? I.e. Hypothetically could one beat it via several accounts.
  • Options

benfleet - castle point.

Care to reveal who you voted for?
  • Options
    jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,261
    1 hr 30 mins to perhaps celebrating or bed wetting and having to learn The Red Flag.
  • Options

benfleet - castle point.

Safe seat but a good pointer the blue kippers are coming out.
  • Options

alex. said:

I assume Yougov is doing a re-contact of its panel?
    That'll be more misleading than sin.
  • Options
    Me too, can't remember my username for Clegg phonebank. Neck and neck apparently.
  • Options
    ab195 said:

Alistair said:

Betfair is doing that to me. Is it a generic thing or it because of bahaviour on an account? I.e. Hypothetically could one beat it via several accounts.
    Ah, happier if it is a universal thing. I have a number of Constituency bets considerably larger than £3.55 though which will be hard to lay off.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,814

I bedwetted out of the spreads last night.

Now trying to decide whether to go back in, and onto what.

I did the same about a week ago, but just sold half my stake. Glad I did because I would otherwise have been a nervous wreck by now.
    You still have half open then?
    Yes, but if I were starting with a blank sheet now I'd be a seller at 207, for small stakes.
    I've sold at £10.

Already sort of regretting, but that's because I'm a big jessie.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,526
    OUT said:

Ave_it said:

Ave_it said:

Where's malcolmG?

Ayr, I think.

My pred is unchanged:

Con 362
    Lab 215
    SNP 40
    LD 11
    PC 3
    Gn 1
    NI 18

76 majority

malc's a shy tory

hes voting theresa
    It's Ruth's party up here.
    We are indeed blessed. Well comparatively.
  • Options
    GadflyGadfly Posts: 1,191

TW1R64 said:

Chameleon said:

Why would anybody choose the BBC over Sky. Why curtice was still saying too close to call in the EU referendum and 2015 GE, Thrasher had already calculated the results and gone home.

For me it depends on the graphics, best graphics get on the TV, second best on the laptop, ITV off.
    I love watching BBC just to see the disappointment on their faces. Andrew Marr was practically in tears after the exit poll 2015.
    You do know he is a Tory?
    Very much doubt it. Andrew Neil maybe.
  • Options
    calum said:
    I quite like Nicholson.. will be a shame if he goes.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,987

I did the same about a week ago, but just sold half my stake. Glad I did because I would otherwise have been a nervous wreck by now.
    Yes, but if I were starting with a blank sheet now I'd be a seller at 207, for small stakes.

I don't have the nerves for spreads so took the easy way out and went to to SkyBet to put £50 at evens on Labour to get less than 208 seats. A silly little bet, but free money IMO.

• Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Alistair said:

RobD said:

Dougie said:

I didn't even think they were targetting that. Does that mean they think they have Edin South West for sure? and the north east (region) must be looking very good foor them, no?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    From the VoteUK forum, regarding Newcastle-under-Lyme:

"There appear to be problems with students from Keele University being turned away from voting. Newcastle Borough Council are advising that late registrations may not have been included on the voting lists sent out."
  • Options
    asjohnstoneasjohnstone Posts: 1,276
    ab195 said:

Alistair said:

If you want to violate the T&Cs
  • Options
    RobD said:

calum said:
    That is wonderful misdirection to Lib/Con undecideds.
  • Options
    I love all these rumours and gossip. Most of them will turn out to be tosh but they're fun to read about as we wait for the exit poll.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

BUGGER!!!! I need 10 in total. Mind you I've got those big bets on the 3 border constituencies that Alastair "forced" us to bet on... thank you.
    plus one hold means 8 in total, but they are targetting Edin North now so 10 is looking good.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,222
    RobD said:

calum said:
    You are joking, aren't you? If there's one **** I want to see the back of it's him.
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    I think turnout in the shires will be down. I think turnout of blue-collar Tories will be up. That's who May needs.
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

calum said:
    I believe he is a nicolson, as a Nicholson I fealing I must point it out, but I might be wrong
  • Options
    RoyalBlue said:

I think turnout in the shires will be down. I think turnout of blue-collar Tories will be up. That's who May needs.

Blue collar Tories will turn out.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,940

Brom said:

Oldies for Jez.

shes not a nice person

She wouldn't even harm a fly.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYDxxHrlmUg
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    ab195 said:

Alistair said:

I got similar on PP, but still could make bigger stakes on BF SB. It must be behaviour related.
  • Options
    ab195ab195 Posts: 477

ab195 said:

Alistair said:

If you want to violate the T&Cs
    Got you. Fair enough for them to want to manage their position and most stuff can be done with othe firms.
  • Options
    Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,382

I've sold at £10.

Already sort of regretting, but that's because I'm a big jessie.
    Same stake as me, but due to earlier trading I'm on at 180. I'm expecting a result very close to 200 but can cope with anything but a complete meltdown - under 150 would be ugly, but I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,848
    nunu said:

Alistair said:

RobD said:

Dougie said:

I didn't even think they were targetting that. Does that mean they think they have Edin South West for sure? and the north east (region) must be looking very good foor them, no?
    I was surprised too. The Tories were a distant third in both the 2015 GE and the equivalent 2016 seat for Holyrood. However, just looked at the council results from a couple of weeks back and the Conservatives did really well in the wards that make up the Edinburgh North & Leith constituency.
  • Options
    JennyFreemanJennyFreeman Posts: 488

I'm still holding with a majority of 64-ish. Maybe I'm being too cautious, but I still can't see a landslide happening.

I can and have bet accordingly. I've got strong positions out to a 175 majority.
  • Options
    GadflyGadfly Posts: 1,191
    I bumped into an old friend who campaigns for Farron earlier today and he was decidedly glum.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,551
    80 minutes to go.
    The BBC coverage may be frustrating, but no-one anywhere does drama like the first minute after the polls close on the BBC.
    Switching over to ITV after that mind. Or going to bed in despair, one or the other.
  • Options
    ScarfNZScarfNZ Posts: 29
    This is probably one of the most important UK General Elections for a number of years. If May wins you get BREXIT and a finacial crisis. If Corbyn wins ....... you will also get a financial crisis! I am sat in front of the telly, laptop on the table and waiting patiently for the results to start flowing. It will be a fascinating day and hopefully you guys will be causing the earthquakes rather than NZ! Enjoy everyone!
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    AndyJS said:

"There appear to be problems with students from Keele University being turned away from voting. Newcastle Borough Council are advising that late registrations may not have been included on the voting lists sent out."

They’ve had seven weeks to get their names on the local register. They’ll know for next time.
  • Options
    RobinWiggsRobinWiggs Posts: 621
    nunu said:

plus one hold means 8 in total, but they are targetting Edin North now so 10 is looking good.
    nunu said:

nunu said:

For the Love of Thor, please let it be 10. £££
  • Options
    calumcalum Posts: 3,046
    Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

calum said:
    SCON's use of national polling data at a constituency level has muddied the waters as well.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,814
    Ah, just remembered a bet I placed with PP on LD seats to be 9 and under at 14/1.

That's cheered me up.
  • Options
    Final forecasts:

Hanretty: Con 366, Lab 207, SNP 46. LD 7, Greens 1, UKIP 1 (which seat?!)
    Baxter: Con 358, Lab 218, SNP 49, LD 3, PC 3, Greens 1
    YouGov: Con 302, Lab 269, SNP 44, LD 12, PC 2, Greens 1
  • Options
    PolruanPolruan Posts: 2,083
    matt said:

Polruan said:

The Discovery's key target market is SW London. Just as the Evoque's is new money Cheshire.
    Sure, so people in SW London don't have off-road needs, but they do have eyes. This satisfies the former and offends the latter.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,342

AndyJS said:

They’ve had seven weeks to get their names on the local register. They’ll know for next time.
    If they registered before the deadline then they have every right to be on the register. Shocking failure by the council.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

If they registered before the deadline then they have every right to be on the register. Shocking failure by the council.
    You'd have thought the lack of polling card would have rang alarm bells.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

Could be a by-election if the majority is less than the number of people allegedly not registered.
  • Options
    BenedictWhiteBenedictWhite Posts: 1,944
    I've put an edited copy of AndyJS's spreadsheet here:

I have updated it so that 2017 figures can be entered to calculate running totals. I will be editing it for a while but not all night.

If anyone wants to get edit access to my copy (as opposed to downloading it and playing with it) email me at benedictmpwhite at gmail dhat com.

Many thanks to Andy JS for all his hard work.
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,242

AndyJS said:

Yep, that's the key question..
  • Options

Ah, just remembered a bet I placed with PP on LD seats to be 9 and under at 14/1.

That's cheered me up.

Under 7 @ 12-1 WIll Hills.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Final forecasts:

Baxter: Con 358, Lab 218, SNP 49, LD 3, PC 3, Greens 1
    YouGov: Con 302, Lab 269, SNP 44, LD 12, PC 2, Greens 1

Kip 1 is an amalgamation.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,229
    calum said:

Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

calum said:
    SCON's use of national polling data at a constituency level has muddied the waters as well.
    The LDs did poorly in the Holyrood elections in the East Dunbartonshire constituency too. I think it'll be an SNP hold.

There were only two constituencies which the LDs "won" at both Holyrood and in the locals: Edinburgh West and Fife NE. (Orkney & Shetland is full of independents.)
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,087
    AndyJS said:

Final forecasts:

Probably South Thanet
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    Not one report from a committee room so to a degree all anecdotal, if the queue now are longer than ever before then that will be a pointer. At this stage you normally can't catch everybody going in or out to get their number and it doesn't actually matter because you work off the 20:00 data.are the queues building up more than is usual?
  • Options
    Rexel56Rexel56 Posts: 807
    nunu said:

Can't believe Sunil's elbow has the Tory lead exacty the same as the actual lead in 2015. Is this all gonna be for nothing?

Noises I'm hearing suggest that's exactly where we're going... bit bigger majority but a few nervous hours after the exit poll...
This discussion has been closed.