Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Latest French polls not quite as good for Macron as they were

Comments

• Options
    It does show how things have changed in Scotland when the British PM is causing panic in the SNP. Normally no one notices the British PM
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

OUT said:

malcolmg said:

Kim May-Il speaks to party followers
    Like a meeting of the KKK
    Wow.
    The Kilmarnock Kilt Kult?
    Stop being a Knut, Robert.
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    edited April 2017
    Turnips on a Scottish road. Who needs rocks?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic .
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,223
    theakes said:

Opinium Polling: methinks they are too technical even for themselves. I thought they used a panel!. (that in itself seems dangerous to me). Past voting, not sure that is going to be influential this time, I voted Conservative in 2015, aint this time and have met several of a simlair ilk.
    Let us see what happens in the locals this week. Might possibly give us a better picture of actual voting rather than the diagnostics of polling technocrats.

If the pollsters start buggering about with their methodology off the back of the locals, then we could be in for a polling disaster that makes 2015 look like a decent result for the industry.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,934

<
    Given what else we know about the current political climate, the idea both that Labour under Corbyn is doing little or no worse than under EdM, and that the Lib Dems have received no net increase in support over Brexit whatsoever, does not seem terribly plausible. Certainly, if there's been practically no change at all, apart from half the Ukip vote going to Theresa May and a bit of chopping and changing in Scotland, then that would be very, very strange.

DYOR but as I said yesterday, I'm not finding Labour making many converts, but also not now losing many compared with last time - the Corbyn doubters are common but generally either plan to vote Labour faut de mieux or have warmed to him a bit now he's appearing as the leader of the Opposition with decent TV coverage. He has a core of 20%ish who think he's great (more than the Milifans ever mustered), plus 10%ish who are willing to go along. Saying "Do you really want a Tory landslide?" works pretty well.

The really obvious change on the doorstep, though, is ex-Kippers saying they're voting Tory now. Lots of them.
    Finding same
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    chrisb said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Doesn't seem to be going to plan for the LibDems - I'm sure they were hoping for big gains in the local elections to give them momentum to overtake Labour.

Betfair Carshalton Con 9/5 must be worth a few pounds if the Conservative lead over the LibDems is more than 30%.

I have been very bearish on my party. There will be a recovery but there may well be losses to ofset the gains. 15% voteshare and 20 seats would be my target.

I think that we will do well in the locals, and that may well give a useful bit of publicity.

Mostly it takes a week or two for memes to affect polling, so still rather early.
    My guess is that you'll be modestly - but not massively - disappointed. I continue to predict 14-15% vote share, and 13-16 seats.
    Betting wise I am substantially in the green on the under 10 band. On current polling the 10/1 with PP and Ladbrokes is sadly excellent value.

On the doorsteps generally a positive reception today though, so the toxicity is gone. I think we will see the return of Lab/LD/Green tactical voting, This may well make for some surprising results.
    11-1 with SkyBet!
    14/1 with Bet365!
    Time to dust of my bet365 account!
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Jason said:

Guardian finds whole concept that people in rural areas are worth politicians' time and effort incomprehensible. Invents silly (and politically convenient) explanation accordingly.
    Except the people she met were bussed in activists, not locals.

Has she done a single meet the public event yet, anywhere?
    Has Corbyn? Not that it makes any difference. Who would you want leading the country in a crisis? Be honest - Corbyn or May?
    Neither. I think Angus Robertson would make an excellent Prime Minister of the Progressive Alliance if Farron didn't get the gig.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

chrisb said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Doesn't seem to be going to plan for the LibDems - I'm sure they were hoping for big gains in the local elections to give them momentum to overtake Labour.

Betfair Carshalton Con 9/5 must be worth a few pounds if the Conservative lead over the LibDems is more than 30%.

I have been very bearish on my party. There will be a recovery but there may well be losses to ofset the gains. 15% voteshare and 20 seats would be my target.

I think that we will do well in the locals, and that may well give a useful bit of publicity.

Mostly it takes a week or two for memes to affect polling, so still rather early.
    My guess is that you'll be modestly - but not massively - disappointed. I continue to predict 14-15% vote share, and 13-16 seats.
    Betting wise I am substantially in the green on the under 10 band. On current polling the 10/1 with PP and Ladbrokes is sadly excellent value.

On the doorsteps generally a positive reception today though, so the toxicity is gone. I think we will see the return of Lab/LD/Green tactical voting, This may well make for some surprising results.
    11-1 with SkyBet!
    14/1 with Bet365!
    Time to dust of my bet365 account!
    No activity for years and suddenly logs on to take top price on an obscure market.

Do you think I will be limited before or after the bet?
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Lib Dems on 13% with Remainers. They also have the worst 10/10 to vote numbers.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

Jason said:

Guardian finds whole concept that people in rural areas are worth politicians' time and effort incomprehensible. Invents silly (and politically convenient) explanation accordingly.

Has Corbyn? Not that it makes any difference. Who would you want leading the country in a crisis? Be honest - Corbyn or May?
    Neither. I think Angus Robertson would make an excellent Prime Minister of the Progressive Alliance if Farron didn't get the gig.
    Angus Robertson would indeed my choice to lead Scotland. They do have good and capable leaders.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 1,614

Jason said:

Er right. OK.
  • Options
    CyanCyan Posts: 1,262
    Jason said:

Corbyn.

Just their respective positions on nuclear war, let alone everything else, are enough.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

<
    Given what else we know about the current political climate, the idea both that Labour under Corbyn is doing little or no worse than under EdM, and that the Lib Dems have received no net increase in support over Brexit whatsoever, does not seem terribly plausible. Certainly, if there's been practically no change at all, apart from half the Ukip vote going to Theresa May and a bit of chopping and changing in Scotland, then that would be very, very strange.

DYOR but as I said yesterday, I'm not finding Labour making many converts, but also not now losing many compared with last time - the Corbyn doubters are common but generally either plan to vote Labour faut de mieux or have warmed to him a bit now he's appearing as the leader of the Opposition with decent TV coverage. He has a core of 20%ish who think he's great (more than the Milifans ever mustered), plus 10%ish who are willing to go along. Saying "Do you really want a Tory landslide?" works pretty well.

The really obvious change on the doorstep, though, is ex-Kippers saying they're voting Tory now. Lots of them.
    Yep. True of my experience today too.

Of course false recall can be a factor face to face too, and Hinckley has only a smallish Labour vote.
  • Options
    OUTOUT Posts: 569

It does show how things have changed in Scotland when the British PM is causing panic in the SNP. Normally no one notices the British PM
    Panic? It's not the SNP hiding in a but n ben in Aberdeenshire surrounded by the geriatric
    faithful.
    Tanks on the SNP lawn, more like a motorbike and sidecar.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Betting post:

Can I suggest a double:

Liberal Democrats under 10, at 11-1 with SkyBet.
    Also, Liberal Democrats to hold Southport, 11/8 with SkyBet.

I think it's perfectly possible you win both, and I think it's unlikely that the LDs get much into double figures if they're not holding Southport.

I like the sound of that. I've chucked £20 at that, split for a £39.60 return if either part comes in.
    The Lib Dem seat bands market was insane and seemingly still is.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,408
    edited April 2017

Put down your smelling salts, it's a guy in Gloucestershire that Photoshopped that.

The hundreds of Yoon mock ups of Salmond & Sturgeon as Kim Jong Un & Wee Jimmy Krankie must indicate off the scale readings on the Big G panicometer.
  • Options
    CyanCyan Posts: 1,262
    RobD said:

Cyan said:

Off-topic and meta: how can one post a workable link here to a specific time-point in a Youtube video? The software is truncating URLs with e.g. "#t=03m04s" on the end before the "m".

[a href="link here"]text here[/a]

Replace the [ ] with < >
    Thanks. Then no picture comes up, but no problem!
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Jason said:

Angus Robertson would indeed my choice to lead Scotland. They do have good and capable leaders.
    He consistently impresses in the Commons. Presumably the PM has to be in the Commons.
  • Options
    HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185
    surbiton said:

Jason said:

Ok. I know the standard of UK politician in the UK is bad, but seriously?
  • Options
    Cyan said:

Jason said:

Corbyn.

Just their respective positions on nuclear war, let alone everything else, are enough.
    Seriously, if this country ever came under serious attack, you'd want Jeremy Corbyn at the helm? Jesus.
  • Options
    PaulMPaulM Posts: 613
    rcs1000 said:

Betting post:

Can I suggest a double:

I think it's perfectly possible you win both, and I think it's unlikely that the LDs get much into double figures if they're not holding Southport.

On the other hand there are more than 10 seats where the LibDems are at shorter than 11/8.
    Favoured in St Ives, Bermondsey etc which would suggest its unlikely you win both and quite possible both lose ?

(Unless you think that the odds on Southport are mispriced, which they might well be even without Pugh standing)
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,629

Pulpstar said:

rcs1000 said:

This is the first poll where we have included a past vote weight in addition to our party propensity and EU referendum vote weights. For the most part our party propensity weighting helps to ensure the number of voters for each party in 2015 is accurately reflected in our sample. However, we have noticed some varied responses to our 2015 past vote question during the past couple of months, even after taking account of party propensity, so we have included this in our weighting targets to ensure this remains stable over the course of the campaign.

http://opinium.co.uk/political-polling-25th-april-2017/
    There you go, that's exactly why they've shown the move they have.

F* me, will they ever learn ?
    GE2015 was bad, but with only 7 weeks to go, why tweak, adjust and generally fiddle about?
    less than 6 weeks now!
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    edited April 2017
    Jason said:

Cyan said:

Jason said:

Corbyn.

Seriously, if this country ever came under serious attack, you'd want Jeremy Corbyn at the helm? Jesus.
    It's fine, if this is your policy:

• Options
    madasafishmadasafish Posts: 659

Jason said:

We are in a crisis thanks to 7 years of Tory Govt

Jezza every time

"Crisis? What crisis?"

As that nice Mr Callaghan said when sterling was collapsing..

Yes the country's economy is in poor shape. Growth only due to QE, a huge trade and budget deficit, cannot afford to provide basic services.

And the Tories have as a Leader someone who is at best third rate compared to the giants of the past like McMillan or Thatcher..

And you seriously think that a man who has spent all his adult life protesting and doing nothing constructive will do a better job? A man who would not rate as third rate like Mrs May but would struggle to achieve sixth rate?

I know things are dire but to suggest Corbyn would do better is a meme which questions your judgement - or your sanity...
  • Options
    Jason said:

Cyan said:

Jason said:

Corbyn.

Who would attack a UK under Jezza?

The Russians, Islamists or PRK wouldn't want to. Possibly there may be an insurrection by the few PB Tories who survived their initial apoplexy on June 9...
  • Options

Jason said:

Jezza every time
    "Not one step back!"
  • Options

Jason said:

Cyan said:

Jason said:

Corbyn.

Yes, that's a good depiction of the reality if Corbyn ever got to power. I reckon they'd try and cede the Falklands and Gibraltar back as well. Who knows what else we'd have to give up.
  • Options

Put down your smelling salts, it's a guy in Gloucestershire that Photoshopped that.

The hundreds of Yoon mock ups of Salmond & Sturgeon as Kim Jong Un & Wee Jimmy Krankie must indicate off the scale readings on the Big G panicometer.
    Don't do panic - just quietly happy over Scotland
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,029

Jason said:

Cyan said:

Jason said:

Corbyn.

The Russians, Islamists or PRK wouldn't want to. Possibly there may be an insurrection by the few PB Tories who survived their initial apoplexy on June 9...
    I seriously doubt IS would stop wanting to attack the UK just because of Corbyn.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Jason said:

Cyan said:

Jason said:

Corbyn.

I seriously doubt IS would stop wanting to attack the UK just because of Corbyn.
    The odd rogue bearded loon is a police issue, not a war.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    Alistair said:

rcs1000 said:

Betting post:

Can I suggest a double:

I like the sound of that. I've chucked £20 at that, split for a £39.60 return if either part comes in.
    Betfair limiting under 10 at 10/1 to a fiver. Why they do that rather than shorten the odds is a mystery to me.
  • Options

Jason said:

Jezza every time

"Crisis? What crisis?"

Yes the country's economy is in poor shape. Growth only due to QE, a huge trade and budget deficit, cannot afford to provide basic services.

And the Tories have as a Leader someone who is at best third rate compared to the giants of the past like McMillan or Thatcher..

And you seriously think that a man who has spent all his adult life protesting and doing nothing constructive will do a better job? A man who would not rate as third rate like Mrs May but would struggle to achieve sixth rate?

I know things are dire but to suggest Corbyn would do better is a meme which questions your judgement - or your sanity...
    Actually that is a headline in the Sun - Jim Callaghan never said it.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Jason said:

Cyan said:

Jason said:

Corbyn.

It would surely embolden every single enemy the world over if he was the PM. God, are we really having this conversation?
  • Options
    My reading of the polls now is that Labour voters who may not be enamoured of Corbyn, does not want to give the Tories a massive majority.

I am not quite sure about the Lib Dem numbers. Surely past vote maybe misleading since they crashed from 23% to 8%. So there are 15% of the population, who in the very recent past, voted Lib Dem and not being taken into account as such.

The locals would be a good indicator. Bettors better be ready around 1 am on Friday morning.
  • Options

RobD said:

Jason said:

Cyan said:

Jason said:

Corbyn.

'The odd rogue bearded loon..'

Mr Corbyn?
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,223
    surbiton said:

My reading of the polls now is that Labour voters who may not be enamoured of Corbyn, does not want to give the Tories a massive majority.

I am not quite sure about the Lib Dem numbers. Surely past vote maybe misleading since they crashed from 23% to 8%. So there are 15% of the population, who in the very recent past, voted Lib Dem and not being taken into account as such.

The locals would be a good indicator. Bettors better be ready around 1 am on Friday morning.

Which Friday morning? Most of the locals are counting the next day.
  • Options
    Jason said:

RobD said:

Jason said:

Cyan said:

Jason said:

Corbyn.

It would surely embolden every single enemy the world over if he was the PM. God, are we really having this conversation?
    Jezza would certainly scale back or stop foreign deployments, Russia would love him.

There is no plausible country that we would fight.
  • Options

RobD said:

Jason said:

Cyan said:

Jason said:

Corbyn.

So nothing to do with who is leader then?
  • Options

Jason said:

RobD said:

Jason said:

Cyan said:

Jason said:

Corbyn.

Jezza would certainly scale back or stop foreign deployments, Russia would love him.

Israel. Maybe the US.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,574
    edited April 2017
    OUT said:

malcolmg said:

That's a richly ironic comment considering one of your fellow Nats upthread was complaining you were likely to be compared to terrorists.

But don't worry, nobody will compare you to the KKK. They were well-organised. Although come to think of it, they did overreach themselves and it ended in at best partial success...
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Jason said:

Cyan said:

Jason said:

Corbyn.

Not really.

It is not a military crisis that I would fear with Corbyn in charge, it would be the financial one.
  • Options

surbiton said:

Jason said:

He consistently impresses in the Commons. Presumably the PM has to be in the Commons.
    The last time one wasn't was in 1963. The last time one was not in the Commons for more than a few days was 1902.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

Jason said:

RobD said:

Jason said:

Cyan said:

Jason said:

Corbyn.

Israel. Maybe the US.
    How would we fight Israel?

Sanctions at worse.

US - not plausible.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Jason said:

Oh dear. Your denigration of Nicola Sturgeon will not go down well...
  • Options

chestnut said:

Jason said:

RobD said:

Jason said:

Cyan said:

Jason said:

Corbyn.

Israel. Maybe the US.
    How would we fight Israel?

Sanctions at worse.

US - not plausible.
    I was joking.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,241

LOL, there were no local people there, no-one there knew about it. They bussed in Tory zombies. How pathetic is that.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

RobD said:

RobD said:

Jason said:

Cyan said:

Jason said:

Corbyn.

Not really.

It is not a military crisis that I would fear with Corbyn in charge, it would be the financial one.
    A financial crisis would potentially be even more disastrous. And I wasn't talking about a war necessarily before. A terrorist attack, a cyber attack - indeed, any kind of crisis you can imagine, he would be hopelessly and destructively impotent. I reckon a decision at his Local Allotment Association would see him completely vexed.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Alistair said:

rcs1000 said:

Betting post:

Can I suggest a double:

Betfair limiting under 10 at 10/1 to a fiver. Why they do that rather than shorten the odds is a mystery to me.
    Betfair have been allowing me way more than others on here have been allowed on.
  • Options

OUT said:

malcolmg said:

You wouldn't be the first to make the case that Scots were responsible for founding the KKK:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/z3xhhv4

Though, before I am buried under a pile of weaponised virtual turnips, and it is an interesting piece of social history, I don't think it a convincing case.
    Saved yourself right at the end there Fox.
  • Options
    PaulMPaulM Posts: 613
    surbiton said:

There are loads of places in the UK that have had Liberal councils but don't put Liberals into Westminster other than byelections. I'd be minded to wait a day for the markets to overreact to the local results.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Kim is the surname, so it would be May Jong-un.
    You got the picture Sunil, don't be a pedant.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

OUT said:

malcolmg said:

Wow.
    The Kilmarnock Kilt Kult?
    :smiley:
  • Options
    Crathes Village Hall where Theresa May spoke to a hand picked gathering of Tories has Morris Dancing!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/only-morris-dancers-scotland-offer-2204411
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,953
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Asking people not to be pedantic on PB is like asking the sun not to rise... ;)
  • Options
    RobD said:

OUT said:

malcolmg said:

Wow.
    Bet she has ordered some general to have a name change to Cumberland as well and has him learning cuts of meat and how to make sausages.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Kim's weapons don't go off anyway, and hopefully never will.

Our politicians are in a different class. May dropped an atom bomb on the media by calling this election. Even Corbyn, we are told by the good Dr @foxinsoxuk, bangs like a belt-fed bazooka.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,013

<

The polling bears that out. If Labour is stable, but loads of UKIP supporters go Conservative, then the Conservatives will win big.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

OUT said:

malcolmg said:

That's a richly ironic comment considering one of your fellow Nats upthread was complaining you were likely to be compared to terrorists.

But don't worry, nobody will compare you to the KKK. They were well-organised. Although come to think of it, they did overreach themselves and it ended in at best partial success...
    Don't worry, after your lie about public sector/welsh speaking claim no_one will believe any thing you post.
  • Options

Secret clandestine visits G, last time we saw this Churchill had Scottish soldiers confined to barracks and tanks an dsoldiers on the streets , very sinister indeed.
  • Options

Turnips on a Scottish road. Who needs rocks?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic .

Man the turnips lads
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Secret clandestine visits G, last time we saw this Churchill had Scottish soldiers confined to barracks and tanks an dsoldiers on the streets , very sinister indeed.
    You do have such a humour Malc
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

GIN, he better do as he is told or he will rue the day.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,044
    Here is my work so far on the Lib Dem seat markets.

https://twitter.com/Pulpstar/status/858384000351703040

I have been backing us in plenty of seats to counter the general selling:
  • Options

Crathes Village Hall where Theresa May spoke to a hand picked gathering of Tories has Morris Dancing!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/only-morris-dancers-scotland-offer-2204411

More sinister than the KKK
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,284
    Macron will win but 40%-41% for Le Pen will still be a significant advance for the FN on the 18% her father got in 2002
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

surbiton said:

Jason said:

Oh dear. Your denigration of Nicola Sturgeon will not go down well...
    Ydoethur, Surbiton has good knowledge of Scottish politics and speaks lots of sense. If only the frothers had someone like him.
  • Options
    HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185
    People getting tanked up early i see, time for me to go the pub.
  • Options
    Things not going so smoothly between the Red Tories & the Blue Tories #ohdearwhatashame

https://twitter.com/EastRenTories/status/857997756891353088
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Jason said:

Jezza every time
    ROFL - If the public were that bonkers - then you would find out what a crisis looks like.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,033
    Mr. Labour, sounds like a fine, upstanding establishment.

Mr. Out, wash your mouth out with soap, young man!
  • Options
    LadyBucketLadyBucket Posts: 590
    The PM is on Andrew Marr and Peston tomorrow. That is hardly hiding!
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Macron will win but 40%-41% for Le Pen will still be a significant advance for the FN on the 18% her father got in 2002

Yes, a lot of people have failed to acknowledge that she's done incredibly well so far.

She did well in the first round, just not as well as Macron or as some of her more exuberant supporters hoped. But it was nevertheless a strong performance. If she gets 40% in the second round that will easily eclipse anything her father achieved and represent a new high-water mark for the FN.

She's not going to be President, but 40% is not to be sniffed at.
  • Options
    Theresa May being welcomed at the village hall.

PM Theresa May arrives in north east, expected to ask Scots to vote for her to "strengthen the Union", economy & her hand in Brexit talks. pic.twitter.com/vxtFPGW0Bn

— Rebecca Curran (@rjcurran2) April 29, 2017
  • Options

LOL, are you barking , poodle in studio with fixed menu of questions. Those two fannies will be too busy licking her butt to ask any serious questions. They will have had orders to stick to the script and keep licking when told to.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

GIN1138 said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

I'm waiting for The Sunil's official general election 2017 endorsement!
  • Options

PM Theresa May arrives in north east, expected to ask Scots to vote for her to "strengthen the Union", economy & her hand in Brexit talks. pic.twitter.com/vxtFPGW0Bn

Oh dear , Mutt and jeff meet in the woods, you could not make it up
  • Options

No Andra Neil?
    The PB Tories are usually so enthusisatic about his approach.
  • Options
  • Options

No Andra Neil?
    It's a shame. Although he did have a go with her a few weeks ago.
  • Options

No Andra Neil?
    Give her a chance... We have got another five weeks to go you know! :D
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Yes, a lot of people have failed to acknowledge that she's done incredibly well so far.

She did well in the first round, just not as well as Macron or as some of her more exuberant supporters hoped. But it was nevertheless a strong performance. If she gets 40% in the second round that will easily eclipse anything her father achieved and represent a new high-water mark for the FN.

Certainly and the FN will use it as a springboard for the legislative elections in June
  • Options

Jason said:

Jezza every time

"Crisis? What crisis?"

Actually that is a headline in the Sun - Jim Callaghan never said it.
    "Well, that's a judgment that you are making. I promise you that if you look at it from outside, and perhaps you're taking rather a parochial view at the moment, I don't think that other people in the world would share the view that there is mounting chaos."

- L. J. Callaghan's response to Evening Standard reporter's question "What is your general approach, in view of the mounting chaos in the country at the moment?", 10 January 1979; used to justify The Sun headline "Crisis? What Crisis?" on 11 January.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Looks like there's no ComRes tonight then!

We'll just have to wait it out for YouGov...
  • Options

No Andra Neil?
    He will strip her naked.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,288
    HYUFD said:

Didn't we have a couple of bets on the first round?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited April 2017

<

Do you know what's happening with Tory/Remain voters? Are some of them defecting to the LDs or Labour maybe?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

If we can ignore the 48%, then the French can ignore the 40%.

Though I think Macron will work out pretty well for France, and in 5 years their economy will have significantly recovered. I don't think the next presidential election will be fought on the same ground, and the major parties will get their act together.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Jason said:

Jason said:

Cyan said:

Jason said:

Corbyn.

Yes, that's a good depiction of the reality if Corbyn ever got to power. I reckon they'd try and cede the Falklands and Gibraltar back as well. Who knows what else we'd have to give up.
    What about a United Ireland?

• Options

Is it past the Godwin watershed?

https://twitter.com/gavmacn/status/858361957644218368

Reports of a bloke with an eyepatch and a missing hand being detained cannot be confirmed.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

The French have a good system to keep people like her out. Even in the Legislative elections, FN will not get more than 10 seats.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

malcolmg said:

GIN1138 said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

I'm waiting for The Sunil's official general election 2017 endorsement!
    Patience! Still over 5 weeks to go :)
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Certainly and the FN will use it as a springboard for the legislative elections in June
    A large part of her success is because of distancing herself from her own party.

Rather like Ruth Davidson's Scottish Conservatives, it is difficult to name another party figure in FN.
  • Options
    May's event was very near to the Royal Deeside Railway.

http://www.deeside-railway.co.uk/
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,033
    Anyway, I'd better be off. My pre-race ramble is up here:
    http://enormo-haddock.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/russia-pre-race-2017.html

Nice grid, but tricky markets.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,288

HYUFD said:

Agreed.
This discussion has been closed.