Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Six hours or so before we start to get an idea

167891012»

Comments

• Options

loving the bbc theme music - I've heard it somewhere before last year..... BONG

EXIT POLL SHOWS TORIES LIKELY TO LEAD HUNG PARLIAMENT
    Cue glum faces from Beeboids...
    The best part was Harman trying to sound positive *but without sounding remotely surprised*
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjS02aC4Yv8 in case you want to relive it.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,044
    Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Chameleon said:

HYUFD said:

Kentucky 1% in

Trump 78%
    Clinton 19%

Sell Hillary, this clearly indicates a Trump landslide!
    Early days but Trump up big so far in Indiana too
    Beware it's absentee ballots I think.

The exit polls look good for Trump so far.
    I think some counties close at 6pm, and declare early. But, they are rural and threfore not necessarily representative.
  • Options

Hillary is back to where she's been all day with Sporting on 305-315 ECVs.

The fun's all over folks - she's going to win comfortably within 10 points either side of this spread I would suggest, i.e. between 295 - 325, although I would favour the upper end.
    Time to go to bed I fancy and hopefully have some profits to collect in the morning.

Famous last words?
  • Options

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

• Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    @HYUFD

It's only one county in Indiana in so far, but Trump is overperforming Romney by 7 and Hillary is underperforming Obama by 9%.

Rural areas will clearly swing hard for Trump.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    Every county is different, and the Gwinnett County GA ballot had 42 elected positions, 4 state constitution amendments, and a SPLOST initiative. I like SPLOSTs (Special Local Option Sales Tax). They have to state both an amount and a target - for example $100 million for road improvements - and when the amount is raised then the tax disappears.

I hope one candidate for the GA US Senate gets 50% of the vote - otherwise there is a 9 WEEK runoff election campaign.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,044
    SeanT said:

MikeK said:

New Hampshire 1%
    Trump 52.5%
    Clinton 41%

?!
    It's 50 votes from midnight US time! Hart's Landing, etc
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Indiana
    Trump 71.9%
    Clinton 24%

Early votes sure, but so far nowhere is Clinton leading.
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,205
    Chameleon said:

Do results get declared pretty much immediately after all polling stations shut?

All depends on the method of voting, size of county/precinct etc. They report by precinct as results are validated.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    EICIPM.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

It's Farage for Yanks, and if it was coming from a plausible married Reagany guy with folksy charm - rather than a loon - it would win

I'm not sure about that. Part of the reason Trump was able to turn the tables on the initial expected PC attacks was because of the lustre of success and his brash personality. A regular guy would get steamrollered by the likes of Clinton, and a Farage would do even worse.

I agree on the point about the culture wars.

What would change if the right were winning the culture wars?

Multiculturalism would end tomorrow. Conservative Islam would be suppressed to the extent that its more extreme adherents felt obliged to leave. Bring it on.
    We might also be able to celebrate being English* from time-to-time, without always being obliged to celebrate diversity instead (*and without the follow up interrogation as to what Englishness "means" anyway, the implication being it doesn't really exist)
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    The US needs a state to volunteer to be the equivalent of Sunderland South;it's pitiful watching the networks go nuts over a handful of votes
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

More consistent. Frasier went into sharp decline during the last three series: Nils and Daphne should never have got together.

There's some truth in that, I still find Frasier funnier overall. Cheers had some duff episodes too, and I think the Rebecca era wasn't as funny as the Diane era.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

EICIPM.

I really wish we had a John Curtice doing his thing bang on midnight.

My problem with the Yankee polls (and exit polls) is that they just lack psephological class next to our chaps.
  • Options
    OUTOUT Posts: 569
    KY slow to call. About 6 mins after polls closed in 2012.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

MikeK said:

New Hampshire 1%
    Trump 52.5%
    Clinton 41%

?!
    That's Dixville Notch and Hart's Location. About 50 votes in total.
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,993
    glw said:

More consistent. Frasier went into sharp decline during the last three series: Nils and Daphne should never have got together.

There's some truth in that, I still find Frasier funnier overall. Cheers had some duff episodes too, and I think the Rebecca era wasn't as funny as the Diane era.
    Overall, we probably agree. Put the two together 22 series, each consisting of around 22 episodes: what an achievement!
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,610

The US needs a state to volunteer to be the equivalent of Sunderland South;it's pitiful watching the networks go nuts over a handful of votes

Delaware?
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

It's Farage for Yanks, and if it was coming from a plausible married Reagany guy with folksy charm - rather than a loon - it would win

I'm not sure about that. Part of the reason Trump was able to turn the tables on the initial expected PC attacks was because of the lustre of success and his brash personality. A regular guy would get steamrollered by the likes of Clinton, and a Farage would do even worse.

I agree on the point about the culture wars.

What would change if the right were winning the culture wars?

Multiculturalism would end tomorrow. Conservative Islam would be suppressed to the extent that its more extreme adherents felt obliged to leave. Bring it on.
    We might also be able to celebrate being English* from time-to-time, without always being obliged to celebrate diversity instead (*and without the follow up interrogation as to what Englishness "means" anyway, the implication being it doesn't really exist)
    I've always found such interrogation boring, but I don't think it implies what you say. Germans and Norwegians do it a lot - in the case of Norwegians, usually with the implication that its importance is cosmic and perhaps ineffable.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,100
    Speedy said:

@HYUFD

It's only one county in Indiana in so far, but Trump is overperforming Romney by 7 and Hillary is underperforming Obama by 9%.

Rural areas will clearly swing hard for Trump.

Yes, he needs strong rural turnout to overhaul the cities
  • Options
    OUT said:

KY slow to call. About 6 mins after polls closed in 2012.

They don't call it until after midnight when all of the polling stations close in Kentucky and Indiana. Only some of them closed at 11pm our time.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,919

viewcode said:

AndyJS said:

Evening everyone.

Of course, if you're too young to remember "Cheers", the "Norm!" thing probably just sounds weird...

...I'll get me coat.

Which is also a 90's reference.

Could I be any more dated?

Oh God...

Cheers of course was set in a white working class bar in Boston. Do we have an exit poll?
    Oh, now there's a discussion. Sam was a barman, Diane wanted to marry up, Coach was a barman, Carla was a barmaid, Cliff was a postman, Norm was an accountant. OK, reasonably working class.

Then it strayed. Rebecca was a corporate drone, Robin Colcord was a financier before he became Lord John Marbury, Woody was not of this earth, Frasier was a shrink, Lilith was also (and a droid)

Then it went to Seattle and Frasier was a shrink, Niles was a shrink, Maris was a lizard, and that girl with the wildly unconvincing Manc accent was basically a downstairs maid. The ethnic cleansing was complete and America relaxed.

Don't get me started on "Roseanne"...
  • Options

glw said:

Overall, we probably agree. Put the two together 22 series, each consisting of around 22 episodes: what an achievement!
    The Rebecca era wasnt as funny, BUT what fine looking woman Rebecca was....More than makes up for it for me.
  • Options
    Too early to call in South Carolina!
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,927
    Betdata graph looks hilarious.
    https://betdata.io/next-us-president
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    Anyone got a link to a CNN live stream?
This discussion has been closed.