Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Six hours or so before we start to get an idea

Comments

• AH. It's a spoof account. Fux sake.
  • nunununu Posts: 6,024

nunu said:

Mortimer said:

Speedy said:

Latinos 65-27 for Hillary.

CBS exit polls.

White women college graduates 51-43 Hillary.

Those are much lower for HRC than I would have expected.
    27% is same as Romney for Latinos, I don't believe it.
    Utter tosh.
    Is it an actual exit poll or just a on the day poll like they did for GE 2010 and Referendum? They are crap at those. I think he will get 14% with Latinos what about you.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 49,505
    Pong said:

IanB2 said:

I think I will start on my bottle of very nice Turkish red. It looks like a long night.

Stone cold sober here.

Punting while pissed is a very bad idea. ;)
    That is true.

My base case however is that a Clinton win will become quickly apparent. There isn't too much money to be made on that anyway, and I am long in the right places for it already. It there is a sniff of a surprise then it could be June 23rd again, except that unlike then, I expect the media and commentators will be ahead of the game, limiting the scope to make money from better judgement. So I am not really anticipating a heavy betting night whilst keeping an eye on the financial markets, just in case.

The medium term issue for me is when global stock markets finally turn downwards from this year's peak; Current valuations are only being sustained by ZIRP and QE whose time is slowly running out. I wouldn't be surprised if the short rally after Clinton's win becomes the last of the good times for investors.
  • CNN ‏@CNN_PoIitics 23m
    BREAKING: The first Florida exit poll numbers have been released.

Trump 55%
    Clinton 39%
    Johnson 6%

Think that one is fake just looked on twitter: https://twitter.com/CNN_PoIitics
  • DixieDixie Posts: 1,221
    Speedy said:

Dixie said:

Speedy said:

CBS exit polls.

Speculation of Trump winning more than Romney.

Who does that favour, Speedy?
    Trump hitting Romney's numbers with minorities, good for Trump.

Hillary beating Trump by less than 10 with college educated white women means it's probably tied with college educated white voters in general, good for Trump.
    thanks, keep up the good work
  • So exit poll was crap for Clinton based on white college women and yet BF has Trump at 6.2
  • CNN ‏@CNN_PoIitics 23m

Trump 55%
    Clinton 39%
    Johnson 6%

Jesus Christ.
  • SeanT said:

CNN ‏@CNN_PoIitics 23m

Trump 55%
    Clinton 39%
    Johnson 6%

Fucking hell. Trump wins???
    It's a wind up account.
  • RobDRobD Posts: 59,541

CNN ‏@CNN_PoIitics 23m

Trump 55%
    Clinton 39%
    Johnson 6%

Jesus Christ.
    Fake.
  • CNN ‏@CNN_PoIitics 23m

Trump 55%
    Clinton 39%
    Johnson 6%

Impossible.
  • ChameleonChameleon Posts: 4,261

CNN ‏@CNN_PoIitics 23m

Trump 55%
    Clinton 39%
    Johnson 6%

That's a Trump Presidency if accurate. I'm not exactly convinced that it's accurate though.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 50,526

CNN ‏@CNN_PoIitics 23m

Trump 55%
    Clinton 39%
    Johnson 6%

Jesus Christ.
    No it's a very naughty boy.

CNN ‏@CNN_PoIitics 23m

Trump 55%
    Clinton 39%
    Johnson 6%

Impossible.
    Fake!
  • Evening all.
    On Brexit night we had the amazing benefit of
    THE Spreadsheet.

Is there a POTUS night equivalent??
  • RobD said:

CNN ‏@CNN_PoIitics 23m

Trump 55%
    Clinton 39%
    Johnson 6%

Impossible.
    Fake!
    Ha, ha, ha.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 56,139

CNN ‏@CNN_PoIitics 23m

Trump 55%
    Clinton 39%
    Johnson 6%

Impossible.
    It's a massive Trump landslide, if that's true.
  • CNN ‏@CNN_PoIitics 23m

Trump 55%
    Clinton 39%
    Johnson 6%

Think that one is fake just looked on twitter: https://twitter.com/CNN_PoIitics
    Lolz.

https://twitter.com/CNN_PoIitics/status/796112448487096324
  • W
    Dromedary said:

Speedy said:

CBS exit polls.

The Washington Post were saying five days ago that college-educated white women were Clinton's "firewall". The WP-ABC tracking poll had her beating Trump 56-36 in that demographic, and among Latinos 67-24. Will the story of this election be that middle class white women don't care much about one guy who grabs women's genitals but they think that something should be done about the number of Mexican immigrants?

White women college graduates must be a pretty small crossbreak, to be fair...
  • So exit poll was crap for Clinton based on white college women and yet BF has Trump at 6.2

Anyone with significant stock market exposure might want some of that 6.2
  • glwglw Posts: 9,796

So exit poll was crap for Clinton based on white college women and yet BF has Trump at 6.2

Yes those figures looked quite poor but I can't find the detail for that poll.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 80,150
    edited November 2016
    Public safety announcement....if you are in NYC and approached by a ginger British woman holding a mic...don't engage...she is dangerous.
  • ToryJimToryJim Posts: 4,149

CNN ‏@CNN_PoIitics 23m

Trump 55%
    Clinton 39%
    Johnson 6%

Not the actual CNN Politics account.
  • AH. It's a spoof account. Fux sake.

Calm down, dears :lol:
  • CNN ‏@CNN_PoIitics 23m

Trump 55%
    Clinton 39%
    Johnson 6%

That's a spoof account.

• APOLOGIES ALL. Spoof account came up first on Twitter on search for "CNN".

Will be more careful next time.
  • JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    Speedy said:

42% can bring change, Ohio CBS exit poll.
    Experience 23%.
    Judgement 18
    Cares about me 15

Trumpian again.

OH will be Trump.

But we need to be clear on the thread what territory these exit polls apply to. I assumed national until I double checked CNN.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 41,475
    edited November 2016

So exit poll was crap for Clinton based on white college women and yet BF has Trump at 6.2

Even more of the 6.4 presumably.

edit: 6.6.

edit: 6.8.

Timberrr.
  • dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,299
    If Clinton wins today, I wouldn't be surprised if she steps down on health grounds before she is impeached.
    edited November 2016

APOLOGIES ALL. Spoof account came up first on Twitter on search for "CNN".

On the naughty step with you!! ;)
    Dromedary said:

Speedy said:

CBS exit polls.

The Washington Post were saying five days ago that college-educated white women were Clinton's "firewall". The WP-ABC tracking poll had her beating Trump 56-36 in that demographic, and among Latinos 67-24. Will the story of this election be that middle class white women don't care much about one guy who grabs women's genitals but they think that something should be done about the number of Mexican immigrants?

Those numbers are just in OH I think?
    Jobabob said:

Speedy said:

42% can bring change, Ohio CBS exit poll.
    Experience 23%.
    Judgement 18
    Cares about me 15

Trumpian again.

OH will be Trump.

But we need to be clear on the thread what territory these exit polls apply to. I assumed national until I double checked CNN.
    The 38% wanting change is national.
  • MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,581
    Now 1.17 / 6.6

What's going on?

Exits pro Trump?
    NeilVW said:

Hi all. Apologies if already covered. Andrew Neil is doing the BBC coverage from 23:15. He knows a fair bit about US politics, better than Dimbleby! I'm minded to watch that, any thoughts?

If you are British it has to be the BBC.
  • chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited November 2016

Evening all.
    THE Spreadsheet.

Andy JS posted something earlier as an indicator. Damned if I can recall the details but it looked like a 'Sunderland' indicator. Fairly sure, he's the man where the Brexit referendum details came from.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 42,459
    SeanT said:

I recommend the Dordogne in autumn tho. Very pretty. Empty. Food a bit repetitive, but when it's good it's great - like here at Chateau de la Treyne - where I'm the only guest as the season ends.

Literally: I'm the last guest. Two dozen staff, 18 empty rooms, a Michelin star, and me. They close for the winter at the weekend.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g672972-d233625-Reviews-Chateau_de_la_Treyne-Lacave_Lot_Occitanie.html

So staff not on wind down, then.
  • Donald about to hit 7.

Even more of the 6.4 presumably.

edit: 6.6.

edit: 6.8.

Timberrr.
    or 6.8.
  • Just a reminder that the US exit polls aren't as accurate as ours.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 68,415
    Epic article: 'How rock n roll failed us again this presidential election'...
    http://observer.com/2016/11/how-rock-n-roll-failed-us-again-this-presidential-election/

Imagine this:
    What if Bruce Springsteen had gotten into a van and trailed Donald Trump to every campaign stop over the last four weeks (or even the last two). Imagine if every time Donald Trump set up to speak, Bruce got out of his van, strolled to a street corner or park a few blocks away, strapped on an acoustic guitar, and began to sing. Maybe he would sing songs about the working men and women who have always been his constituency, or maybe he would sign songs of Boardwalks or Vietnam, or maybe he would sing the old songs of freedom and unity that Woody Guthrie or Pete Seeger sang.

Imagine that.

There are no words.

On a night with lots of money at stake, very poor show.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 80,150
    edited November 2016
    Finding sky coverage annoying...looks like it will be Andy and the idiots on BBC for me...
  • TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

I recommend the Dordogne in autumn tho. Very pretty. Empty. Food a bit repetitive, but when it's good it's great - like here at Chateau de la Treyne - where I'm the only guest as the season ends.

Literally: I'm the last guest. Two dozen staff, 18 empty rooms, a Michelin star, and me. They close for the winter at the weekend.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g672972-d233625-Reviews-Chateau_de_la_Treyne-Lacave_Lot_Occitanie.html

Went to Dordogne in November once. Stunning autumn colours and yet balmy warm. Fantastic.
  • MikeL said:

Now 1.17 / 6.6

What's going on?

Exits pro Trump?

Yes, but seemingly not by enough.
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 21,910
    What time are we expecting a genuine, bona fida, voting intention exit poll like Dimbers announces at 10pm on election night?
  • DixieDixie Posts: 1,221
    IanB2 said:

NeilVW said:

Hi all. Apologies if already covered. Andrew Neil is doing the BBC coverage from 23:15. He knows a fair bit about US politics, better than Dimbleby! I'm minded to watch that, any thoughts?

If you are British it has to be the BBC.
    I can only get Sky News in Morocco. Beggars can't be choosers.
  • AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    GIN1138 said:

What time are we expecting a genuine, bona fida, voting intention exit poll like Dimbers announces at 10pm on election night?

"Around midnight" says the Beeb.
    CNN: Latino electorate 11%, only 1% up from 2012.
    IanB2 said:

A horror show. I was about to pile in. Not good.
  • GIN1138 said:

Trouble is the States is big - polls close at different times even different time zones.
  • IanB2 said:

Err.. that's why I quickly corrected my mistake and apologised you old woman.

We all make mistakes: OGH cost traders hundreds of millions prior to the EU ref.
    Andrew said:

GIN1138 said:

"Around midnight" says the Beeb.
    Right, so 90 mins until we start getting somewhere...

Thx. :)

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

Went to Dordogne in November once. Stunning autumn colours and yet balmy warm. Fantastic.
    Was there for the millennium new year's eve. Magical.
  • weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    Been out for a while - what is concensus on votecastr?
    CNN:

Exit polls are not final - biased to East Coast
  • MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,755
    edited November 2016

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

Stayed in Bergerac 2 years ago in mid October. It was glorious. Drank lots of Pecharmant wine - very underrated.
  • Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    I'd be wary of assuming everyone who answers they "voted for change" in exit polls will definitely be Trump voters. There will presumably be some women who see voting for a female President as "change".
  • rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787

rpjs said:

RobD said:

Jonathan said:

When does Sunderland declare?

Their are four in the US, which do you mean? :D
    Their? THEIR? THEIR?

Off to ConHome for six weeks for you for that awful crime against the English language
    That is an immediate suspension from our party - red card for Rob - we only want those who speak proper like.
    To be fair to Rob he's working in a country that regularly outrages the English language.

If he starts missing 'u' from words like colour and favour Rob'd be like Mark Reckless to me.
    Occasionally you see British English spellings here to give a sense of poshness - there are some venues in NYC that spell their names with "Theatre" for instance. This can lead to hilariousness sometimes though: there's a condo near me called "Tappan Manour".
    As immature young men working in NYC, when taking part in the bar quizzes in the local bars we always called ourselves "the w;;kers" as no one there ever seemed to know that swear word or what it meant.... i presume that's changed since Trump came on the scene.
    Someone local to me has the New York licence plate "BOLUX"
  • CNN: Latino electorate 11%, only 1% up from 2012.

Clinton's lead nationally has never been as secure as her lead in swing states, let's remember
  • Rudy has now lost the last shred of decency.

https://twitter.com/rudygiulianiGOP/status/796053686405517312
  • DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    edited November 2016

W

Dromedary said:

Speedy said:

CBS exit polls.

White women college graduates must be a pretty small crossbreak, to be fair...
    Fair point. But non-graduate white women break heavily for Trump, so maybe it's a white women story. I wasn't convinced at first by Scott Adams's latest argument - especially when he endorsed Johnson - but now I think about it, applied to white women voters it makes a lot of sense. A candidate who behaves vilely towards women isn't something that's scary in the same way, assuming they don't meet him, as the immigrant question as they experience it.
  • SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    edited November 2016
    Exit polls

37 Democrats
    32 Republicans
    31 Independents.

A bit closer than most polls thought.

Spoof account
    GIN1138 said:

We won't get one - each state will be separate.

When each state's polls close they either declare winner immediately (based on exit) or say too close to call (and release some exit info).
  • Just a reminder folks if a twitter account doesn't have a blue tick next to it, it usually is a fake/spoof/parody account
  • foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    chestnut said:

Evening all.
    THE Spreadsheet.

Andy JS posted something earlier as an indicator. Damned if I can recall the details but it looked like a 'Sunderland' indicator. Fairly sure, he's the man where the Brexit referendum details came from.
    There is this, copied from a post earlier:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rX81hzcoxmbTc_gl3qpBnBC6XgBVZebK5KdnCxW0Q4U/edit#gid=0
    Trump in freefall on bf
  • Donald about to hit 7.

Hope it's not like June 23rd when it shot into double digits before coming back to win.
  • brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    Please people, check for the blue ticks...
  • All those hesitant Trump backers waiting for 'value' at 6/1 can now fill their boots.

• bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 22,571
    Donald out to 7.8

Sunder Katwala ‏@sundersays 1m
    1 minute ago

Have deleted tweet from Giuliani parody account. Apols.
  • Trump is now at 8!
  • AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    edited November 2016

Spoof account

Yeah, this is getting annoying now, so much fake info out there and trolls/spoofs.

(not a criticism of whoever posted it, I've fallen for these too)

• weejonnie said:

Been out for a while - what is concensus on votecastr?

That it is not reliable
    Donald out to 8

Rudy has now lost the last shred of decency.

Is that for real?
  • MortimerMortimer Posts: 14,098
    Good grief, just got on at 8s....

Spoof account
    There are LOTS of spoof account out there tonight, tweeting faster than the real ones.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 118,367
    edited November 2016
    Trump's hit 8.2

I'm having some of that
  • IanB2 said:

We all make mistakes: OGH cost traders hundreds of millions prior to the EU ref.
    What did OGH do ?
  • Donald about to hit 7.

Hope it's not like June 23rd when it shot into double digits before coming back to win.
    H, ha. Panic setting in from the 'this is Brexit' crowd?

1 minute ago

Oops, fair enuff.
  • On the mixed data we have, Trump looks like value to me.
  • SaltireSaltire Posts: 525
    From Harry Enten on the 538 blog:
    "There has been talk that black turnout may be down in North Carolina. The preliminary exit polls suggest that may be the case. Only 21 percent of voters in North Carolina identified as black. That’s down slightly from 23 percent in 2012."

In close result in the state 2% could make all the difference
  • Somebody has seen some numbers me thinks....
  • Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    If you are to believe that the Trump ground game management is rubbish then there is only one source to look at and thats anything that appears to source out of Clinton's camp. Those are the faces to watch.

Come on somebody win....

You mean like Farage when he conceded?
  • IanB2 said:

What did OGH do ?
    Tweeted a two month old poll.
    Trump's price is heading towards 8
  • Trump's hit 8.2

I'm having some of that

Back to 6.8
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 21,352
    Do Kippers get excited when they hear the words exit Pole?
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 56,139
    Breaking: exit polls suggest American voters prefer candidate with at least one ball.

Rudy has now lost the last shred of decency.

1 minute ago

Plato doesn't need all this new competition.
  • Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    619 said:
    Hmmmmmmm. Quite unusual for Trump to top Clinton on dishonesty, I think.

You mean like Farage when he conceded?
    Well they had seen those private polls conducted for the city banks...which were spectacularly wrong!
    took a bit of Donald at 8

HC win best for me though
    Every time I go back on my Betfair app Trump's price is sliding out. Why do I recall this time in the evening on 23 June????
This discussion has been closed.