Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Why YouGov says we should beware of the phantom swings: dramat

123457»

Comments

• Options

taffys said:

Honestly the Clintonettes want to turn this place into a safe space for them to talk to each other without interruption or contradiction.

The fuddy duddies hate Queen Plato.
    These posters forget she was PB poster of the year.
    Reigning.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941
    PlatoSaid said:

Sandpit said:

Why the hell can't we have obama for another term? 22nd amendment sucks

There's 300 million Americans thinking very much the same right now!

Surely there's a way of letting Barry stay on for another year and let's choose some sensible candidates who can debate policy, rather than the proverbial two monkeys flinging poo at each other?
    You know I love you - however, I think this is a fundamental misreading of mood. Trump is a figurehead who doesn't have to suck up to anyone. He's donated $100m to his own campaign.

This is a popular revolt and if he loses the GOP aren't going to revert to Romney Mk II. They're angry and had a taste of insurrection.

Anyone who wants to believe defeating Trump is a return to politics as usual is very wide of the mark.
    I agree completely, I think we are sadly seeing the beginnings of societal breakdown in the US, a complete disconnect and distrust between the people and the government. That the two leading political parties can choose the two most distrusted candidates ever seen, suggests a breakdown in the political process too. The Bernie Sanders supporters are just as angry as the Trump supporters.

No matter who wins next week, that breakdown (and the reasons behind it) is not going away any time soon, and I fear it will get a lot worse before it gets better.

Whoever enters the White House in January is in for a very tough four years, they will almost certainly be a single term president.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Polling Report
    NEVADA
    President:
    Clinton (D) 45%
    Trump (R) 45%
    Johnson (L) 4%
    (8 News NOW/JMC Analytics and Polling-R, LV, 10/28 - 11/1)
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,131
    edited November 2016
    JackW said:

HYUFD said:

JackW said:

HYUFD said:

The final Populus poll had a 10% Remain lead, bigger than any of the polls are currently showing for Hillary

Populus are polling in the US ....

Who knew ..?!?!?

Yougov are with CBS and they had Remain up by 4% in their final polling, Leave won by 4%
    And the precise relevance of a US POTUS election and a UK referendum is .... ??
    Trump's voters ie primarily white working and lower-middle class, non-college graduates are very similar to the core of the Leave vote. In EU ref white graduates tended to be for Remain, as they are for Hillary in the US while ethnic minority voters are voting for Hillary with little enthusiasm, if they vote at all, much the same as they felt about the EU
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763
    Sandpit said:

PlatoSaid said:

Sandpit said:

Surely there's a way of letting Barry stay on for another year and let's choose some sensible candidates who can debate policy, rather than the proverbial two monkeys flinging poo at each other?
    You know I love you - however, I think this is a fundamental misreading of mood. Trump is a figurehead who doesn't have to suck up to anyone. He's donated $100m to his own campaign.

This is a popular revolt and if he loses the GOP aren't going to revert to Romney Mk II. They're angry and had a taste of insurrection.

Anyone who wants to believe defeating Trump is a return to politics as usual is very wide of the mark.
    I agree completely, I think we are sadly seeing the beginnings of societal breakdown in the US, a complete disconnect and distrust between the people and the government. That the two leading political parties can choose the two most distrusted candidates ever seen, suggests a breakdown in the political process too. The Bernie Sanders supporters are just as angry as the Trump supporters.

No matter who wins next week, that breakdown (and the reasons behind it) is not going away any time soon, and I fear it will get a lot worse before it gets better.

Whoever enters the White House in January is in for a very tough four years, they will almost certainly be a single term president.
    given the age of the two front runners isnt a single term nailed on?
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    tyson said:

taffys said:

Honestly the Clintonettes want to turn this place into a safe space for them to talk to each other without interruption or contradiction.

I'd give it her again....I'd vote for her. The Platomator......

More I think a rare breed with a large proboscis for news .... - Platopussy ....
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941
    edited November 2016

Sandpit said:

PlatoSaid said:

Sandpit said:

One would think so. Hillary will be 69 and Trump 70 on inauguration day.
    Edit: @SeanT has a much better way with words than I do!
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

PlatoSaid said:

Sandpit said:

Given Cruz or Warren are likely to be the potential nominees in 2020 depending on whether Hillary or Trump wins that is not a given
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,130
    SeanT said:

The startling thing about this election is that a *Charming Trump*, i.e. minus his pussy grabbing and weird boasting and dodgy deals, but with all of his contentious policies - from the Mexican wall to stopping Muslims to buddying with Putin - would, I reckon, have swept to a landslide.

America is in the mood for populist nativism.

Bear in mind that he was up against the establishment machines in both parties so even if he were a saint he would have had his character assassinated.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

PlatoSaid said:

Sandpit said:

One would think so. Hillary will be 69 and Trump 70 on inauguration day.
    Edit: @SeanT has a much better way with words than I do!
    Trump seems in the prime of life. Hillary is a physical, mental and moral wreck.
  • Options

SeanT said:

The startling thing about this election is that a *Charming Trump*, i.e. minus his pussy grabbing and weird boasting and dodgy deals, but with all of his contentious policies - from the Mexican wall to sRoomney topping Muslims to buddying with Putin - would, I reckon, have swept to a landslide.

Bear in mind that he was up against the establishment machines in both parties so even if he were a saint he would have had his character assassinated.
    Romney was accused of abusing his dog FFS.

Obama wrote that he ate one.

It's insane stuff.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    SeanT said:

The startling thing about this election is that a *Charming Trump*, i.e. minus his pussy grabbing and weird boasting and dodgy deals, but with all of his contentious policies - from the Mexican wall to stopping Muslims to buddying with Putin - would, I reckon, have swept to a landslide.

Interesting that it's happening now rather than in 2008 right after the crash.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    chestnut said:

Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

taffys said:

''Indeed, I also remember Remainers being just as complacent as Clintonites are on here now.''

It goes back further. Posters who challenged the orthodoxy of a Labour minority government in 2015 were scorned and ridiculed.

Indeed, they better hope they are third time lucky, it seems some pollsters have still not learnt the lesson that what the majority of polls say is not always right, high white working class turnout on the day for Trump, relatively low African American turnout etc could all be crucial
    The majority of polls in the month before the EU vote said Leave was in the lead, 21 leave leads to 18 remain leads.
    That conceals an enormous methodological fail with one type of polling, while the consensus among 'experts' before the result was that the flawed polling was correct, and the correct polling was flawed.

The consistent outcome in this country over many elections is the shy-right being under counted.

I have no idea if that characteristic applies in the US.
    Well, in 2012 Obama out preformed the RCP poll average by about 3%
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

JackW said:

HYUFD said:

JackW said:

HYUFD said:

The final Populus poll had a 10% Remain lead, bigger than any of the polls are currently showing for Hillary

Who knew ..?!?!?

Yougov are with CBS and they had Remain up by 4% in their final polling, Leave won by 4%
    Trump's voters ie primarily white working and lower-middle class, non-college graduates are very similar to the core of the Leave vote. In EU ref white graduates tended to be for Remain, as they are for Hillary in the US while ethnic minority voters are voting for Hillary with little enthusiasm, if they vote at all, much the same as they felt about the EU
    So apart from being in different countries and a completely different variety of election in different states with demographics in many states totally different from the UK and a vastly different political system .... the two events are completely alike ....
  • Options
    If it's going to be close, betting on Trump at the current 1.7 or so in the Betfair +99.5 handicap market looks an attractive deal. I've just taken some to rebalance my risk profile.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

SeanT said:

Trump needs to make more of it that he's sacrificed everything for this - he's been annihilated, smeared and ridiculed in the media - and his family caught in the crossfire.

He was an entertainer billionaire and chose to become a public servant paid on his own dime.

It's quite something when you think about it,
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

SeanT said:

Trump needs to make more of is that he's sacrificed everything for this - he's been annihilated, smeared and ridiculed in the media - and his family caught in the crossfire.

He was an entertainer billionaire and chose to become a public servant paid on his own dime.

Yes, that's why I think if he wins he could get a surprising honeymoon as people, especially in the media, digest the enormity of his achievement in getting this far.
  • Options
    MrsBMrsB Posts: 574
    SeanT said:

was there a stray "t" in your last word?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    JackW said:

HYUFD said:

JackW said:

HYUFD said:

JackW said:

HYUFD said:

Who knew ..?!?!?

So apart from being in different countries and a completely different variety of election in different states with demographics in many states totally different from the UK and a vastly different political system .... the two events are completely alike ....
    They are alike in the sense that the Trump phenomenon is exactly the same nationalist backlash against globalisation driven by concern over immigration and to a lesser extent lost sovereignty to NAFTA etc as drove Brexit and is also on the rise in continental Europe too. Over 70% of the US population is still white and Trump will likely win an even larger share of the white vote than Leave did. If Trump won by 4% as Leave did he would comfortably win the electoral college
  • Options

It seems to me that where there is a difference of more than 20% between the two parties, i.e. > 60% : 40%, the outcome in just a few days time is more or less a foregone conclusion.
    In fact there are only 3 states out of the 50 which fail this > 20% test, all of which are leaning towards Clinton, these being North Carolina with 15 ECVs, Florida with 29 ECVs and Nevada with 6 ECVs.

Leaving aside these three States, she has the support of 279 ECVs and therefore appears assured of becoming the next POTUS. Were she to win all three of these three closely contested States, she would collect a further 50 ECVs, taking her total tally to 329 ECVs, which is roughly where we were before Hillary's email bother with the FBI blew up last week.

Between her minimum score of 279 ECVs and maximum of 329 ECVs, depending on which of these 3 states she were to win or lose, it seems to me that her final result is likely to be as follows:

Win FL, lose NC and NV ....... 308
    Win FL & NC, lose NV ......... 323
    Win FL & NV, lose NC ......... 314
    Win NC, lose FL & NV ........ 294
    Win NC & NV, lose FL ......... 300
    Win NV, lose FL & NC ......... 285

You can buy a bit of Clinton<329 ECVs on Betfair exchange 'Clinton2' market at 1.35, I think. Which is more or less the same price for her to be next President. A bit less risky at that price, IMHO.</p>
    Sorry Casino, I can't agree with your conclusion - by my reckoning she is virtually certain to become the next POTUS, but based on the various permutations above, she possibly has something like between an 8/1 - 10/1 chance of winning all 3 close states and thereby hitting a total of 329 ECVs, unless I've missed something.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    JackW said:

tyson said:

taffys said:

I'd give it her again....I'd vote for her. The Platomator......

More I think a rare breed with a large proboscis for news .... - Platopussy ....
    After re-reading my post, I did think my name for Plato could be construed as some kind of pleasurable instrument for the fairer sex...but yours, a bit more so...

Doubtless, knowing your love of tennis, you are gripped as I am to tonight's match...
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    Changing subject WTF is up with UKIP Wales ? Their candidate for this weeks Cardiff Grangetown by elction lives in Swindon Wilts . Their candidate for the Barry Gibbonsdown election later this month is a councillor from Skegness . Do they not have anyone Welsh who wants to stand for them ?
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited November 2016
    Alistair said:

chestnut said:

Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

taffys said:

''Indeed, I also remember Remainers being just as complacent as Clintonites are on here now.''

It goes back further. Posters who challenged the orthodoxy of a Labour minority government in 2015 were scorned and ridiculed.

Indeed, they better hope they are third time lucky, it seems some pollsters have still not learnt the lesson that what the majority of polls say is not always right, high white working class turnout on the day for Trump, relatively low African American turnout etc could all be crucial
    The majority of polls in the month before the EU vote said Leave was in the lead, 21 leave leads to 18 remain leads.
    That conceals an enormous methodological fail with one type of polling, while the consensus among 'experts' before the result was that the flawed polling was correct, and the correct polling was flawed.

The consistent outcome in this country over many elections is the shy-right being under counted.

I have no idea if that characteristic applies in the US.
    Well, in 2012 Obama out preformed the RCP poll average by about 3%
    In that case, Clinton should win.

I'm not sure that we can read anything at all across from British attitudes and behaviours when polled to those of Americans but I do understand why people are wondering. It feels like the whole world is drifting to the right and pushing for change.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    PlatoSaid said:

SeanT said:

Trump needs to make more of it that he's sacrificed everything for this - he's been annihilated, smeared and ridiculed in the media - and his family caught in the crossfire.

All self inflicted , and the pursuit of power by such an egomaniac, isn't something, its terrifying. Its not worth applauding, he is loaded. God help America, whomever is elected.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,779

SeanT said:

The main thing about Trump, that is rather little remarked on, is his deep cynicism. Despite being a product of the money machine, and something of a robot herself, Clinton's cause is the optimistic one.

Still, Berlusconi got himself elected repeatedly by tapping into a base Italian psyche. He didn't do Italy any good, but there you go.
  • Options

Changing subject WTF is up with UKIP Wales ? Their candidate for this weeks Cardiff Grangetown by elction lives in Swindon Wilts . Their candidate for the Barry Gibbonsdown election later this month is a councillor from Skegness . Do they not have anyone Welsh who wants to stand for them ?

Mark...I don't want to be rude....but faced against the possibility that we might just possibly see the worst leader in a major Western country since Hitler...the machinations of UKIP in Wales seem somewhat trivial...I might be wrong...BUT
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited November 2016
    SeanT said:

Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

taffys said:

In the last two days, though, the polls swang bigtime to Remain. Wrongly.

And it now seems all the pro-Remain polls were wrong, and Brexit was ahead throughout.

Apply that to Trump....

The polls have swung big time to Trump, wrongly, and hillary has been ahead throughout?
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:

SeanT said:

All self inflicted , and the pursuit of power by such an egomaniac, isn't something, its terrifying. Its not worth applauding, he is loaded. God help America, whomever is elected.
    And I think you're fundamentally mistaken. You're applying your British liberal attitudes to American blue collars and others.

All I can do is provide some balance to PB here - YMMV.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Any Christmas dinner experts out there, this year it is my turn to host dinner, what are the pros and cons of getting a goose? I'm putting together an order and the option to get a goose is available.

Goose is very fatty and despite their size, you’ll struggle to feed more than four I've found.
    Hmm that might be a problem since I have 8 people to serve including myself. I just find turkey so bland.
    I have had chicken for Christmas every year since about 1990, when we realised that nobody in the family really likes turkey, and stuff tradition.
  • Options
    FF43 said:

SeanT said:

The main thing about Trump, that is rather little remarked on, is his deep cynicism. Despite being a product of the money machine, and something of a robot herself, Clinton's cause is the optimistic one.

Still, Berlusconi got himself elected repeatedly by tapping into a base Italian psyche. He didn't do Italy any good, but there you go.
    You have to credit the Yanks with a bit more sense that the Italians.......
    Berlusconi...what can you say? Trump is worse....and that is really saying something.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,927
    edited November 2016

Mr. Meeks, hope your other half is continuing to improve.

MrsB, just think of rocket sandwiches purchased from a fair trade, ethnically diverse, sustainable shop staffed by people from all over the EU :)

We're just back from a trip by train and boat to Northern Ireland which was a great success. Special assistance is wonderful.

My other half is now feeling much more confident about what he can do and has widened horizons. He got much stronger physically and mentally in a few days. He's starting to think about the future as something with opportunities rather than just to be endured.
    Good news.

I had no idea how beautiful County Antrim is, till I went on holiday there in August. I imagine it's a great place to convalesce.
  • Options
    Nevada looking very ropey for HRC in recent polls - not sure of reasons why.

I see Trump has visited New Mexico presumably to try to squeeze the Johnson vote in another south western state.
  • Options
    FF43 said:

SeanT said:

Bwahahaha

Seriously? No. Trump is doing that, not Hillary 2.0 She's only interested in personal riches - Trump isn't - he's assets worth over $3bn IIRC
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    edited November 2016
    tyson said:

FF43 said:

SeanT said:

Berlusconi...what can you say? Trump is worse....and that is really saying something.
    At least Berlusca was democratically elected. Unlike Monti, Letta and now boy Renzi. But you wouldn't care.
  • Options

taffys said:

Reigning.
    Indeed, just as JackW is reigning TOTY ..... excuse me whilst I *cough* !
  • Options
    Fox News
    Virginia Poll: @realDonaldTrump leads @HillaryClinton 44% to 41%. https://t.co/8fDJtjbObo
  • Options
    Battleground States - Times-Picayune/Lucid - Samples Below .. 28 Oct - 1 Nov

AZ - Clinton 41 .. Trump 42 .. 1,133
    CO - Clinton 44 .. Trump 37 .. 972
    NV - Clinton 45 .. Trump 38 .. 892
    NM - Clinton 39 .. Trump 31 .. 567

https://luc.id/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Arizona-Battleground-Results.pdf
    https://luc.id/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Colorado-Battleground-Results.pdf
    https://luc.id/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Nevada-Battleground-Results.pdf
    https://luc.id/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/New-Mexico-Battleground-Results.pdf
  • Options
    tyson said:

MrsB, just think of rocket sandwiches purchased from a fair trade, ethnically diverse, sustainable shop staffed by people from all over the EU :)

We're just back from a trip by train and boat to Northern Ireland which was a great success. Special assistance is wonderful.

My other half is now feeling much more confident about what he can do and has widened horizons. He got much stronger physically and mentally in a few days. He's starting to think about the future as something with opportunities rather than just to be endured.
    Alistair...the fact that you could go for a trip to Northern Ireland and come back emboldened....that is really saying something.......my very best wishes to you both for the future....
    Few better places. The scenery is stunning, and the pubs and restaurants range from good to excellent.
  • Options
    The_TaxmanThe_Taxman Posts: 2,979
    PlatoSaid said:

FF43 said:

SeanT said:

Bwahahaha

Seriously? No. Trump is doing that, not Hillary 2.0 She's only interested in personal riches - Trump isn't - he's assets worth over $3bn IIRC
    Trump says his whole life was based on greed:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnYMqUDi8M0
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137
    tyson said:

FF43 said:

SeanT said:

Clinton is the Berlusconi figure though - at least in terms of each not being on speaking terms with public probity....

As far as I know, nobody has been in the US media recently talking about the Trump "crime family".

And to repeat, I don't get giddy at the notion of President Donald Trump. It's absurd. But I also have a profound distrust of Hillary Clinton.
  • Options

tyson said:

FF43 said:

SeanT said:

At least Berluska was democratically elected. Unlike Monti, Letta and now boy Renzi. But you wouldn't care.
    I really don't care...I know very well some of the lumpen Italian morons who voted Breslusconi....they should be just as much trusted with the vote as many of them are entrusted with car keys....ie. as far away as possible.......
  • Options
    Interesting stuff

Caroll Dehwety
    Remembering when 'dual-screening' election results was a thing, all the way back in 2012.
    https://t.co/uVdoNRWTCs https://t.co/2MTYXSvRsW
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

taffys said:

In the last two days, though, the polls swang bigtime to Remain. Wrongly.

And it now seems all the pro-Remain polls were wrong, and Brexit was ahead throughout.

Apply that to Trump....

The polls have swung big time to Trump, wrongly, and hillary has been ahead throughout?
    Yes, quite possibly the case. I can envisage every possibility from a surprisingly good Clinton win (like Cameron in 2015) to an utterly shocking Trump victory (like Brexit)

Remember this is 2016. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN 2016, AND PROBABLY WILL
    2016. The year that said "don't look to me for answers, go fuck yourself...."
  • Options
    SeanT said:

HYUFD said:

JackW said:

HYUFD said:

JackW said:

HYUFD said:

JackW said:

HYUFD said:

Who knew ..?!?!?

They are alike in the sense that the Trump phenomenon is exactly the same nationalist backlash against globalisation driven by concern over immigration and to a lesser extent lost sovereignty to NAFTA etc as drove Brexit and is also on the rise in continental Europe too. Over 70% of the US population is still white and Trump will likely win an even larger share of the white vote than Leave did. If Trump won by 4% as Leave did he would comfortably win the electoral college
    The fact is lots and lots of White America wants America to stay majority white. That's the unspoken truth here.

To achieve that you would need radically different immigration policies. Only Trump offers that.

Eventually - presuming Trump loses - a sane Republican will come along with this offer, preserving a white America, and that candidate will win an enormous victory.
    There are trends common to the US, Western Europe, and the UK. I think that the dream of Davos Man, a borderless World, can only be achieved at gunpoint now.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    edited November 2016
    tyson said:

tyson said:

FF43 said:

SeanT said:

At least Berluska was democratically elected. Unlike Monti, Letta and now boy Renzi. But you wouldn't care.
    I really don't care...I know very well some of the lumpen Italian morons who voted Breslusconi....they should be just as much trusted with the vote as many of them are entrusted with car keys....ie. as far away as possible.......
    The guillotine was invented for the likes of you. I wish we lived in better times.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Any Christmas dinner experts out there, this year it is my turn to host dinner, what are the pros and cons of getting a goose? I'm putting together an order and the option to get a goose is available.

Goose is very fatty and despite their size, you’ll struggle to feed more than four I've found.
    Hmm that might be a problem since I have 8 people to serve including myself. I just find turkey so bland.
    I have had chicken for Christmas every year since about 1990, when we realised that nobody in the family really likes turkey, and stuff tradition.

As a veggie...if I could throw my tuppence in here....that is a no brainer. An organic, well fed chicken....it's what I cook for my dog (I'm not that bonkers about not eating meat). Surely that is the best option for a roast if you are considering killing an animal....a bipedal one that has had a good innings is surely preferable.

Failing free range chicken, lamb is as close as you can come to a naturally reared animal (albeit slightly short lived).

Turkeys are treated terribly. God knows what they do with geese. And beef.....I'd have to see how they are reared. That really depends...
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215
    Ladies and Gentlemen, please accompany me to the next thread. An orderly queue if you wouldn't mind.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Fox News
    Virginia Poll: @realDonaldTrump leads @HillaryClinton 44% to 41%. https://t.co/8fDJtjbObo

Weirdest poll yet today. If that is right - meet President Trump.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

SeanT said:

HYUFD said:

JackW said:

HYUFD said:

JackW said:

HYUFD said:

JackW said:

HYUFD said:

Who knew ..?!?!?

The fact is lots and lots of White America wants America to stay majority white. That's the unspoken truth here.

To achieve that you would need radically different immigration policies. Only Trump offers that.

Eventually - presuming Trump loses - a sane Republican will come along with this offer, preserving a white America, and that candidate will win an enormous victory.
    There are trends common to the US, Western Europe, and the UK. I think that the dream of Davos Man, a borderless World, can only be achieved at gunpoint now.
    I vividly recall being called a racist xenophobe here by someone who authors thread headers for saying I felt intimidated on Whitechapel tube platform. You know who you are.

A business meeting in Luton visit left me feeling threatened by a taxi driver who looked at my sleeveless dress as scummy. It's just dreadful.

I detest it all. And there's far too much excuse making for it.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,138

PlatoSaid said:

FF43 said:

SeanT said:

Bwahahaha

Trump says his whole life was based on greed:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnYMqUDi8M0
    Don't believe him! Much of it was based on lust ...
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763
    edited November 2016
    Sean_F said:

Good news.

I had no idea how beautiful County Antrim is, till I went on holiday there in August. I imagine it's a great place to convalesce.
    If you get time try Co Down.

Lots of stately homes, Mourne Mountains, Ards peninsula, Game of Thrones if youre in to it.

Gentler scenery but a nice contrast to Antrim
  • Options

It seems to me that where there is a difference of more than 20% between the two parties, i.e. > 60% : 40%, the outcome in just a few days time is more or less a foregone conclusion.
    In fact there are only 3 states out of the 50 which fail this > 20% test, all of which are leaning towards Clinton, these being North Carolina with 15 ECVs, Florida with 29 ECVs and Nevada with 6 ECVs.

Leaving aside these three States, she has the support of 279 ECVs and therefore appears assured of becoming the next POTUS. Were she to win all three of these three closely contested States, she would collect a further 50 ECVs, taking her total tally to 329 ECVs, which is roughly where we were before Hillary's email bother with the FBI blew up last week.

Between her minimum score of 279 ECVs and maximum of 329 ECVs, depending on which of these 3 states she were to win or lose, it seems to me that her final result is likely to be as follows:

Win FL, lose NC and NV ....... 308
    Win FL & NC, lose NV ......... 323
    Win FL & NV, lose NC ......... 314
    Win NC, lose FL & NV ........ 294
    Win NC & NV, lose FL ......... 300
    Win NV, lose FL & NC ......... 285

You can buy a bit of Clinton<329 ECVs on Betfair exchange 'Clinton2' market at 1.35, I think. Which is more or less the same price for her to be next President. A bit less risky at that price, IMHO.</p>
    Sorry Casino, I can't agree with your conclusion - by my reckoning she is virtually certain to become the next POTUS, but based on the various permutations above, she possibly has something like between an 8/1 - 10/1 chance of winning all 3 close states and thereby hitting a total of 329 ECVs, unless I've missed something.
    Oh, she certainly isn't certain.

Your odds would still make my bet value.
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:

Fox News

Weirdest poll yet today. If that is right - meet President Trump.
    And in a landslide...
  • Options
    SeanT said:

tyson said:

tyson said:

FF43 said:

SeanT said:

The guillotine was invented for the likes of you. I wish we lived in better times.
    History is on our side Moniker. Brexit is just the beginning. Of that I am quite, quite sure. The pendulum has swung against the Islam-loving Guardianista globalist traitors, and, as ever, England is in the lead.
    In the lead?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gymnastics/37832754
  • Options
    NEW THREAD
  • Options

I am amused by some of the comments on here today with regard to Trump. Anyone would think he is riding a crest of a wave, when in reality he has slightly improved his polling. He seems to have a ceiling he cannot pass through. Clinton on the other hand has a higher floor and higher ceiling. This is probably as good as it gets for Trump and I suspect something else will come out of the woodwork with regards to Trump over the coming days.

I am also puzzled by some British posters on this site wanting Trump to win. ODD!

There are a lot of right-wing posters on here, much more right-wing I'd say than your average person in this country. Also, 619 is right - Trump is a racist, sexist idiot. I'm not surprised that posters like GeoffM and others don't think Trump's a racist. They probably think the KKK aren't a bunch of racists as well. It's not a coincidence that one of the biggest Trump fans on this site (who is now no longer on here) was a Holocaust denier FFS.

It's pretty damn disappointing that Clinton is the Democratic candidate, but she isn't Trump.
  • Options

I am amused by some of the comments on here today with regard to Trump. Anyone would think he is riding a crest of a wave, when in reality he has slightly improved his polling. He seems to have a ceiling he cannot pass through. Clinton on the other hand has a higher floor and higher ceiling. This is probably as good as it gets for Trump and I suspect something else will come out of the woodwork with regards to Trump over the coming days.

I am also puzzled by some British posters on this site wanting Trump to win. ODD!

There are a lot of right-wing posters on here, much more right-wing I'd say than your average person in this country. Also, 619 is right - Trump is a racist, sexist idiot. I'm not surprised that posters like GeoffM and others don't think Trump's a racist. They probably think the KKK aren't a bunch of racists as well. It's not a coincidence that one of the biggest Trump fans on this site (who is now no longer on here) was a Holocaust denier FFS.

It's pretty damn disappointing that Clinton is the Democratic candidate, but she isn't Trump.
This discussion has been closed.