Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Why YouGov says we should beware of the phantom swings: dramat

Comments

• Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    Sandpit said:

The RMT have nothing on this guy...

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2016/11/01/bart-janitor-grossed-270k-in-pay-and-benefits-last-year/

BART janitor grossed $270K in pay and benefits last year

That's impressive, overtime rates obviously compound so the marginal rate with weekend and night allowance is something mad.

As a student working in a bar/ function room, I once had my December timesheet queried by HR. Yes it was 325 hours, not 225 as she thought it was supposed to be. She didn't understand how or why that would be correct!
    He's worked bloody hard for it and earned every cent. Good for him.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,986
    PlatoSaid said:

Have we seen this one?

A poll from the Auto Alliance and Entertainment Software Association (ESA) finds Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump ahead of Hillary Clinton by one percentage point in the key swing state of Pennsylvania.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/11/02/outlier-or-harbinger-pennsylvania-poll-shows-trump-leads-by-one-percent/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_wkxGbL9bA
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Any Christmas dinner experts out there, this year it is my turn to host dinner, what are the pros and cons of getting a goose? I'm putting together an order and the option to get a goose is available.

Goose is very fatty and despite their size, you’ll struggle to feed more than four I've found.
    Hmm that might be a problem since I have 8 people to serve including myself. I just find turkey so bland.
    The turkey is an excuse to have proper bread sauce and stuffing. Everything else is optional.

Maybe tiny sausages wrapped in bacon as well.

Love bread sauce. Slowly simmering stale breadcrumbs in milk with bayleaves, nutmeg, all spice and a clove spiked Onion. Gorgeous.
    Bread sauce is banned at our Christmas dinners after my dad made a particularly poor one and decided not to make gravy. Left us with Bisto and since then my sister has banned it completely!
    Your family are missing out, Mr. Max. A properly cooked bread sauce as described by Mr. Alistair (note the clove spiked onion) is a food fit for the Gods.

Good quality sausages wrapped in bacon are a seasonal treat too. I always cook too many of them so that we have some to eat cold when we feel hungry mid-evening.
    Forcemeat balls. Way to go....
  • Options
    FF43 said:

[snip]

One Christmas my wife and I were looking for a suitable dinner and ended up with a quail - one between us. The molecules were few in number but delicious.

One year I boned a turkey, stuffed it with a boned duck, capped off with a quail.
    As you say tasty, but a sorry looking little thing after all that kafuffle.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941
    Jobabob said:

Sandpit said:

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2016/11/01/bart-janitor-grossed-270k-in-pay-and-benefits-last-year/

That's impressive, overtime rates obviously compound so the marginal rate with weekend and night allowance is something mad.

As a student working in a bar/ function room, I once had my December timesheet queried by HR. Yes it was 325 hours, not 225 as she thought it was supposed to be. She didn't understand how or why that would be correct!
    Hell yeah, I would have done exactly the same in that situation.

Doesn't mean the pay scales are justified though. I imagine BART's customers think the union is taking the piss!
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,691
    Top tip for cooking turkey:

Place turkey in a large over dish.
    Pour over a bottle of rum, a bottle of brandy, a bottle of sherry and a bottle of red wine.
    Place in a subdued over for four hours.
    Discard turkey.
    Drink the gravy.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,176
    edited November 2016
    619 said:

geoffw said:
    Polls and early voting have Clinton at a big advantage.
    @619 or seis uno nuevo as I know you.
    https://es.oxforddictionaries.com/translate/spanish-english/colorado
    edit: btw Florida is more likely red than blue
  • Options

FF43 said:

[snip]

One Christmas my wife and I were looking for a suitable dinner and ended up with a quail - one between us. The molecules were few in number but delicious.

One year I boned a turkey, stuffed it with a boned duck, capped off with a quail.
    As you say tasty, but a sorry looking little thing after all that kafuffle.
    Boning a turkey? Better than boning a pig's head I suppose...
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    ''Polls and early voting have Clinton at a big advantage. ''

Is the US election a secret ballot? It seems that a great deal is known about early voting!
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    On the subject of cooking beef a chum of mine gave me his method of producing the perfect joint.

Well before time turn the oven on at full and give it plenty of time to really heat up. Once the oven is at maximum heat shove a spiked meat thermometer into the joint, put the joint into the oven and turn the oven OFF. When the thermometer shows the correct temperature for beef take the joint out and let it stand from ten minutes before carving.

He says it works perfectly, giving a crisp outer and pink inner. I have never had the courage to try it.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Pulpstar said:

PlatoSaid said:

Have we seen this one?

A poll from the Auto Alliance and Entertainment Software Association (ESA) finds Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump ahead of Hillary Clinton by one percentage point in the key swing state of Pennsylvania.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/11/02/outlier-or-harbinger-pennsylvania-poll-shows-trump-leads-by-one-percent/

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_wkxGbL9bA
    Hillary at debates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj-m3Ddmn0E
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,989
    edited November 2016
    Sandpit said:

Jobabob said:

Sandpit said:

Doesn't mean the pay scales are justified though. I imagine BART's customers think the union is taking the piss!
    I'm amazed the system even has cleaners. It's a bloody dump.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Jobabob said:

Sandpit said:

If they are paying him at double time, rather than hiring someone and paying them at normal time, then they have a right to be annoyed.

Mind you, BART uses a bizarre ticket system if you aren't a regular.
  • Options
    MrsBMrsB Posts: 574

MrsB said:

Anyone want my grandmother's Christmas pudding recipe?

Yes please!
    you asked:

All imperial measures, as that is how it has been handed down to me

Makes enough for at least 2 20 oz pudding basins, so you get to keep one for next year (yes, really, I mean it – I make them every 2 years).

2 lbs mixed dried fruit 4 oz blanched almonds (whole or pieces, you choose)
    4 oz candied peel 4 oz glace cherries, chopped
    Grated rind of 1 orange grated rind of 1 lemon
    12 oz self raising flour 6 oz fresh white breadcrumbs
    12 oz dried suet (can use vegetarian suet) 8 oz dark soft brown sugar
    Shake of salt 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
    ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg ½ teaspoon mixed spice
    ½ teaspoon cinnamon 5 eggs
    1 glass brandy (I use about 1/3 tumbler) milk to mix – depends on size of eggs

Grease pudding basins, put a circle of greaseproof paper in the bottom (helps with getting the pudding out when cooked).

Mix everything except the brandy, eggs and milk in a big bowl.

Beat the eggs lightly in a separate bowl. Add them and the brandy, and stir with a spoon until well mixed in. The mixture needs to drop slowly off the spoon – so add as much milk as necessary to get the right texture.

Fill the basins about ¾ full. Add a disk of greaseproof paper on the top, and then cover with tin foil, held on with string. Put the bowl in a big saucepan and fill the saucepan with enough water to come halfway up the side. Boil gently for 6 hours, topping up the water occasionally.

Store until needed. On the day, boil for another 4-5 hours.

To serve, remove tinfoil and greaseproof lid. Invert bowl onto a plate. Pour on a generous slug of brandy at the table and light it.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

The new middle class jobs....
  • Options
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    PlatoSaid said:

Have we seen this one?

But also Hilary up by 5 in Ohio.
  • Options
    @MrsB

"remove tinfoil" Alas, some PBers may have a problem following that instruction!
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Jobabob said:

Sandpit said:

If they are paying him at double time, rather than hiring someone and paying them at normal time, then they have a right to be annoyed.

I'm guessing they pay double time for overtime, double time for nights and double time for weekends - and they compound, so he earns 8x the usual rate for working a Saturday night, paid 64 hours for a single shift. Maybe one of them is only time-and-a-half. :)
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,874
    @MrsB thanks! Will give it a go this weekend.
    Christmas in down in Rye this year and need to think now about provisioning.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Sandpit said:

Jobabob said:

Sandpit said:

I'm amazed the system even has cleaners. It's a bloody dump.
    He probably finds ample time to rest his eyes when on shift.
  • Options

Top tip for cooking turkey:

Turkey?

From your avatar, had you down as more of a Greece man!

• Options

@MrsB thanks! Will give it a go this weekend.
    Christmas in down in Rye this year and need to think now about provisioning.

tell me how it turns out
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Jobabob said:

Sandpit said:

I'm guessing they pay double time for overtime, double time for nights and double time for weekends - and they compound, so he earns 8x the usual rate for working a Saturday night, paid 64 hours for a single shift. Maybe one of them is only time-and-a-half. :)
    Compounding overtime rates, that sounds like a sweet deal :o
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

PlatoSaid said:

Wikileaks
    DoJ Assistant Attorney Peter Kadzik outed as a mole for Hillary Clinton campaign https://t.co/MNHzJ310Nl https://t.co/uTQF6baWBC

If that's genuine, she's the proverbial cooked bread.
    It's now DoJ vs FBI, for the five days running up to the election.

Trump's value at 3.6 now.
    "But the emails don't matter"...
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    Who has given JackW the afternoon off I might ask? You TSE...it it you?

I've come on this afternoon hoping to see Jack's polling updates and all we've got is what Max is having for his Christmas lunch.

• Options
    619619 Posts: 1,784
    Trump seems to be threatening the Mormons here

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/793848702263824386
  • Options

@MrsB

"remove tinfoil" Alas, some PBers may have a problem following that instruction!

indeed, even just going by the comments upthread. As someone remarked earlier, have they not hear of Occam's Razor.
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    Ms Cyclefree,

I don't dislike HRC - she's saner that her opponent for starters.

But she has the charisma of rat droppings, has an alarming tendency to misspeak (her words for making things up), and is relying on having ovaries and nepotism to win.

Oh, and she has a level of computer literacy comparable to me (and that's putting the best gloss on it).

As the Americans say ... Can we start over?
  • Options
    tyson said:

I've come on this afternoon hoping to see Jack's polling updates and all we've got is what Max is having for his Christmas lunch.

Perhaps JackW took my advice, so he and Lady W are watching Fifty Shades of Grey.

I told him it was a history film about Lady Jane Grey
  • Options
    619 said:

Trump seems to be threatening the Mormons here

twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/793848702263824386

Another one of your death threats?
  • Options
    tyson said:

A good place for the list of latest polls - http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/updates/
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    RobD said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Jobabob said:

Sandpit said:

Compounding overtime rates, that sounds like a sweet deal :o
    How else can a janitor make $270k a year? If his hourly rate was $27, he would need to work 10,000 hours a year. There are only 8,766 hours in an average year.

Reminds me of locum GPs earning two grand a day from the NHS budget.
  • Options
    MrsB said:

MrsB said:

Anyone want my grandmother's Christmas pudding recipe?

Yes please!
    you asked:

All imperial measures, as that is how it has been handed down to me

Makes enough for at least 2 20 oz pudding basins, so you get to keep one for next year (yes, really, I mean it – I make them every 2 years).

2 lbs mixed dried fruit 4 oz blanched almonds (whole or pieces, you choose)
    4 oz candied peel 4 oz glace cherries, chopped
    Grated rind of 1 orange grated rind of 1 lemon
    12 oz self raising flour 6 oz fresh white breadcrumbs
    12 oz dried suet (can use vegetarian suet) 8 oz dark soft brown sugar
    Shake of salt 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
    ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg ½ teaspoon mixed spice
    ½ teaspoon cinnamon 5 eggs
    1 glass brandy (I use about 1/3 tumbler) milk to mix – depends on size of eggs

Grease pudding basins, put a circle of greaseproof paper in the bottom (helps with getting the pudding out when cooked).

Mix everything except the brandy, eggs and milk in a big bowl.

Beat the eggs lightly in a separate bowl. Add them and the brandy, and stir with a spoon until well mixed in. The mixture needs to drop slowly off the spoon – so add as much milk as necessary to get the right texture.

Fill the basins about ¾ full. Add a disk of greaseproof paper on the top, and then cover with tin foil, held on with string. Put the bowl in a big saucepan and fill the saucepan with enough water to come halfway up the side. Boil gently for 6 hours, topping up the water occasionally.

Store until needed. On the day, boil for another 4-5 hours.

To serve, remove tinfoil and greaseproof lid. Invert bowl onto a plate. Pour on a generous slug of brandy at the table and light it.
    Sounds very similar to my grandmother's recipe, though she had rather more brandy (Herself, who still uses the recipie, chucks in half a bottle). The difference might be because she cooks the christmas puds, three of them, in early september for eating on the following Christmas day, Boxing day, and Easter Sunday, so not as long to mature.

Also what about the sixpences, you don't mention them.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

PlatoSaid said:

Wikileaks
    DoJ Assistant Attorney Peter Kadzik outed as a mole for Hillary Clinton campaign https://t.co/MNHzJ310Nl https://t.co/uTQF6baWBC

If that's genuine, she's the proverbial cooked bread.
    It's now DoJ vs FBI, for the five days running up to the election.

Trump's value at 3.6 now.
    "But the emails don't matter"...
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-02/more-collusion-between-clinton-campaign-and-doj-kadzik-provides-heads-podesta
  • Options
    Mr. CD13, quite. Being female should not be a problem for holding office but nor should it be an asset.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,138
    Nate Cohn's analysis of North Carolina has a slightly increased Clinton lead of 5.9 points today:
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/north-carolina-early-vote-tracker.html

It's based on a detailed analysis of turnout, but the voting intention data comes from a poll conducted between 20 and 23 October. As a rough correction, to take into account the national shift since then, Clinton's lead could be reduced by 3%. But obviously that correction will be too harsh, as far as the bulk of early voters are concerned.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,403

On the subject of cooking beef a chum of mine gave me his method of producing the perfect joint.

Well before time turn the oven on at full and give it plenty of time to really heat up. Once the oven is at maximum heat shove a spiked meat thermometer into the joint, put the joint into the oven and turn the oven OFF. When the thermometer shows the correct temperature for beef take the joint out and let it stand from ten minutes before carving.

He says it works perfectly, giving a crisp outer and pink inner. I have never had the courage to try it.

At the Savoy carving course (friend not me) they cook the joint for an hour only then leave it to rest for three hours until your family arrives for lunch. Pink, perfect, apparently.
  • Options
    RobD said:
    Tribalism.
  • Options
    nunu said:

RobD said:
    Tribalism.
    Well that's obviously nonsense. He's not core GOP establishment vote and picking up Bernie votes.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

nunu said:

RobD said:
    Tribalism.
    Well that's obviously nonsense. He's not core GOP establishment vote and picking up Bernie votes.
    Haha you actually believe that don't you? No the only reason he hasn't plunged further is because he is getting 90% of GOP voters .
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    tyson said:

Actually JackW is kneeling on a cushion in a white kimono, praying that Hillary wins as he's laid all on her. The short blade is ready nearby for use if needed.
  • Options
    RobD said:

tyson said:

A good place for the list of latest polls - http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/updates/

Thanks Rob...I've just had a look at that link. Who needs Jack anyway?
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    taffys said:

''Polls and early voting have Clinton at a big advantage. ''

Is the US election a secret ballot? It seems that a great deal is known about early voting!

These comments are being made on the basis of how people are registered. In practice, not all voters actually cast their ballots for that party - eg millions of registered Democrats voted for Reagan.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,060
    PlatoSaid said:

rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Cyclefree said:

Hello everyone.

I know this may seem late in the day but why is Hilary so disliked/hated?

She may be a charisma-free zone and with not that many achievements to her name. But those don't seem like reasons to hate. Is she more untruthful than most politicians?

What is it about her that so many people dislike to the extent that they apparently do?

Corrupt
    Serial liar
    Only in it for herself
    Hypocrite
    Two faced
    Bully

I think that's enough.
    Fair and balanced, Plato style
    :smiley:

As a lonely voice of the alternative to PBers liberal bias, I will chortle endlessly if Trump gets even close. If he wins, well... It'll be epically amusing.

I've just cancelled my appts on 8/9th. I'm glued.
    Which part of Donald Trump's economic plan do you think will improve the lives of ordinary Americans?
  • Options
    @HurstLama I don't put sixpences in these days. Feel free to add them - but wrapped in tinfoil so as not to leach into pudding.

My grandmother also used to add a slug of Campbell coffee essence and a tablespoon of gravy browning, neither of which I employ.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

At the Savoy carving course (friend not me) they cook the joint for an hour only then leave it to rest for three hours until your family arrives for lunch. Pink, perfect, apparently.
    Can you imagine the bollocking you would get if when the guests arrived the meat wasn't spot on? Far, far too dangerous a strategy. No, guests coming to my house for Sunday lunch know they are going to get roast Sussex lamb, I know what I am doing with that and can be relied on to get it right (close friends might get given roast pork or a damn good curry instead)
  • Options
    tyson said:

RobD said:

tyson said:

Jack often gives us the polls as and when they come out, takes a few hours for this page to update!
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Cyclefree said:

Hello everyone.

She may be a charisma-free zone and with not that many achievements to her name. But those don't seem like reasons to hate. Is she more untruthful than most politicians?

What is it about her that so many people dislike to the extent that they apparently do?

Corrupt
    Serial liar
    Only in it for herself
    Hypocrite
    Two faced
    Bully

I think that's enough.

As a lonely voice of the alternative to PBers liberal bias, I will chortle endlessly if Trump gets even close. If he wins, well... It'll be epically amusing.

Which part of Donald Trump's economic plan do you think will improve the lives of ordinary Americans?

Keeping money in the US economy by encouraging American companies to bring it back onshore sounds like a good start.

Encouragiing companies to employ Americans rather than importing workers from foreign countries and paying them less sounds like a good continuation.
  • Options
    Latest Nevada data is not good news for Democrats.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Cyclefree said:

Hello everyone.

Corrupt
    Serial liar
    Only in it for herself
    Hypocrite
    Two faced
    Bully

I think that's enough.

Changing the tax rules on interest to make it not so favourable vs equity as a method of funding ?
    Repatriation of US funds for Cos ?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Cyclefree said:

Hello everyone.

Corrupt
    Serial liar
    Only in it for herself
    Hypocrite
    Two faced
    Bully

I think that's enough.

You've played this game before. Zzzz.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,503
    I know I'm clutching at straws here - but is there any remaining scenario (short of a death) of neither Hillary nor Donald? I'm trying to work out some scenario where neither candidate gets a majority of EVs, but I tail off rather into despair at that point.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

I know I'm clutching at straws here - but is there any remaining scenario (short of a death) of neither Hillary nor Donald? I'm trying to work out some scenario where neither candidate gets a majority of EVs, but I tail off rather into despair at that point.

269-269, Pence is in contention.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,176
    weejonnie said:

Avalanche?
  • Options
    RobD said:

tyson said:

RobD said:

tyson said:

Jack often gives us the polls as and when they come out, takes a few hours for this page to update!
    I've just had a look at the link again...there are too many polls...I know that's heresy to say here, but it's data overload.

Come back Jack old boy...I found it much simpler with you ;posting them as and when rather than having to look at hundreds of them.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

Which data are these?
  • Options
    BromptonautBromptonaut Posts: 1,113

tyson said:

MaxPB said:

Any Christmas dinner experts out there, this year it is my turn to host dinner, what are the pros and cons of getting a goose? I'm putting together an order and the option to get a goose is available.

Goose is very, very, very fatty under the skin, so you need to cook it very carefully drawing off the excess fat. Get it right, and it's tastier than most turkeys, however.

Also, as already said, it won't feed all that many people.
    Fatty goose.....yuck it sounds gross. Geese are far better left well alone to make those wonderful, migratory formations .....Turkey, from memory was like eating dried cardboard. Why not save a life and make a nut roast? I'm sure that'll go down well.
    *I* am the only vegetarian in the PB village!

You eat FISH!!!
    Can't beat a lentil or two, dahling.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Cyclefree said:

Hello everyone.

Corrupt
    Serial liar
    Only in it for herself
    Hypocrite
    Two faced
    Bully

I think that's enough.

Jailing la Crook would bring an enormous feel good factor and add at least 1.5 % to the US GDP.
  • Options
    RE: Bread Sauce

HD2, late lamented gent of this Parish, tells me that to the bread sauce mix as described above one should add:

"A drop or two (no more) of vanilla extract and a good dollop of double cream make all the difference"

On matters culinary, at least, his word should be carefully heeded (he sends me a bottle of his homemade elderflower cordial every year and it is delicious)
  • Options
    Cookie said:

I’m banking on waking up in the shower tomorrow morning and finding out it’s still 2014.
  • Options
    Apparently Ed Balls could still win Strictly.
  • Options
    RobD said:

weejonnie said:

Which data are these?
    http://nvsos.gov/sos/elections/voters/election-turnout-statistics

On Nov 1st we had Democrats 40.56 - 37.44 in Early voting and 40.71 -39.57 in Absent
    We now have Democrats 39.89 -37.79 in early voting and 39.64 - 40.50 in Absent.

NB far more EV than Absent.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    PlatoSaid said:

rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Cyclefree said:

Hello everyone.

Corrupt
    Serial liar
    Only in it for herself
    Hypocrite
    Two faced
    Bully

I think that's enough.

The game of original thought. It can be a challenge for some.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

what data? same as 2012 so far

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/793799641129033728
  • Options
    Nothing like hyperbole

Daily Caller
    Louis Farrakhan Compares Hillary To Black Community's Hitler | The Daily Caller https://t.co/HTzarIaqfw
  • Options
    Do people not google it at any stage?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

It is possible. He's never been in the dance off despite always being at the bottom of the leaderboard.

He's popular with the viewers and voters and the final is decided exclusively by the voters.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Awww

Wikileaks
    DoJ's Peter Kadzik was also the attorney for Marc Rich--whose file the FBI released yesterday--as well as Podesta ("Kept me out of jail").

Rich was pardoned by Bill Clinton on his last day in office
  • Options
    BromptonautBromptonaut Posts: 1,113
    Decision on Article 50 High Court case 10am tomorrow, fight fans.

https://fullfact.org/europe/judges-rule-brexit-tomorrow/
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    matt said:

PlatoSaid said:

rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Cyclefree said:

Hello everyone.

Corrupt
    Serial liar
    Only in it for herself
    Hypocrite
    Two faced
    Bully

I think that's enough.

The game of original thought. It can be a challenge for some.
    I must admit it seemed more like a 'reasonable question' than a 'game'.

But no doubt I'm just a virtue signalling MSM shill on steroids x 100 WTF waycist etc.
  • Options
    Washoe = Reno, Clark = Vegas right ?
  • Options
    New CNN poll in Nevada is crap.
    Peter Hamby – Verified account ‏@PeterHamby

my point: this CNN poll doesn't have enough Hispanics to break out the Trump v Hillary # among Hispanics. In Nevada! http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/images/11/02/relnv3.pdf … pic.twitter.com/wgCKftD0Qd

Too many polls this year are not sampling minorities properly.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Awww

Wikileaks
    DoJ's Peter Kadzik was also the attorney for Marc Rich--whose file the FBI released yesterday--as well as Podesta ("Kept me out of jail").

How many computers do you have Plato? I have this image that you have a studio, much like Andy Warhol, with lots of little Plato's acting on their leader's instructions. I cannot help but admire your industrious effort to the cause.

• Options

TOPPING said:

Can you imagine the bollocking you would get if when the guests arrived the meat wasn't spot on? Far, far too dangerous a strategy. No, guests coming to my house for Sunday lunch know they are going to get roast Sussex lamb, I know what I am doing with that and can be relied on to get it right (close friends might get given roast pork or a damn good curry instead)
    I remember going on that course, a few years back, now. The chef had definite views on how meat should be served. One of the attendees had the temerity to ask what they should do if guests preferred their meat better done.

"Don't invite them".

Difficult to argue with that one...
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Yes
  • Options
    nunu said:

New CNN poll in Nevada is crap.
    Peter Hamby – Verified account ‏@PeterHamby

my point: this CNN poll doesn't have enough Hispanics to break out the Trump v Hillary # among Hispanics. In Nevada! http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/images/11/02/relnv3.pdf … pic.twitter.com/wgCKftD0Qd

Too many polls this year are not sampling minorities properly.

especially the sizable non english spanish speaking hispanics, who wont be voting Trump
  • Options
    Well colour me shocked. I was eagerly awaiting PB updates on the race and religion of the Iowa police shooter but for some reason they've failed to mention he's a white Trump supporter.

Stunning lack of #BlueLiveMatter on twitter as well I see.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/02/des-moines-police-two-officers-shot-dead-ambush-style-attacks
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Washoe is the swing county. How it goes so goes Nevada.
  • Options
    619 said:

weejonnie said:

what data? same as 2012 so far

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/793799641129033728
    Democrats are about 25% up on republicans in Clark this week 51877 : 41872
    In 2012 they were 40% up over republicans : 104964 : 73185
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    (((Harry Enten))) – Verified account ‏@ForecasterEnten

@ralstonreports It has Trump up 1 in Clark County http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/images/11/02/relnv3.pdf
    9:23 am - 2 Nov 2016

Haha Clark is Vegas, no way.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Penpushers are sadly deficent in Classical education nowadays. I blame Fatcha...
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Cyclefree said:

Hello everyone.

Corrupt
    Serial liar
    Only in it for herself
    Hypocrite
    Two faced
    Bully

I think that's enough.

rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Cyclefree said:

Hello everyone.

Corrupt
    Serial liar
    Only in it for herself
    Hypocrite
    Two faced
    Bully

I think that's enough.

It's the racebaiting, stupid.

• Options
    Can we expect New York banks to move to London following a Trump win?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Well colour me shocked. I was eagerly awaiting PB updates on the race and religion of the Iowa police shooter but for some reason they've failed to mention he's a white Trump supporter.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/02/des-moines-police-two-officers-shot-dead-ambush-style-attacks

Don't be silly you nitwit...it's one of Hillary's campaign team pretending to be a Trump supporter that's shooting cops.......

• Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

Penpushers are sadly deficent in Classical education nowadays. I blame Fatcha...
    I prefer the idea of their being a citizen of Helen.....
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Battleground States - Survey Monkey - Samples Below - All 26 Oct - 1 Nov

TX - Clinton 41 .. Trump 47 .. 1,969
    NV - Clinton 42 .. Trump 43 .. 994
    AZ - Clinton 42 .. Trump 43 .. 1,320
    IA - Clinton 39 .. Trump 45 .. 867
    VA - Clinton 49 .. Trump 39 .. 1,929
    NH - Clinton 49 .. Trump 35 .. 635
    NC - Clinton 49 .. Trump 42 .. 1,637
    FL - Clinton 47 .. Trump 44 .. 2,715
    CO - Clinton 43 .. Trump 40 .. 1,402
    OH - Clinton 42 .. Trump 45 .. 1,586
    PA - Clinton 48 .. Trump 42 .. 2,078
    UT - Clinton 30 .. Trump 34 .. McMullin 26 .. 1,507

https://www.surveymonkey.com/elections/map?poll=sm-lv-cps
  • Options

Clearly Morris Dancer is working for Manchester City Council
  • Options
    tyson said:

Alistair said:

Don't be silly you nitwit...it's one of Hillary's campaign team pretending to be a Trump supporter that's shooting cops.......

Racebaiters of the world unite.

• Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,138
    tyson said:

PlatoSaid said:

Awww

Wikileaks

How many computers do you have Plato? I have this image that you have a studio, much like Andy Warhol, with lots of little Plato's acting on their leader's instructions. I cannot help but admire your industrious effort to the cause.

It's especially impressive considering that she's single-handedly running Trump's Get Out the Vote operation in Michigan. I don't know how she finds the time.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

It is possible. He's never been in the dance off despite always being at the bottom of the leaderboard.

He's popular with the viewers and voters and the final is decided exclusively by the voters.
    Depending what the second last week is like he may or may not end up in a dance off ever.
  • Options
    JackW said:

Battleground States - Survey Monkey - Samples Below - All 26 Oct - 1 Nov

TX - Clinton 41 .. Trump 47 .. 1,969
    NV - Clinton 42 .. Trump 43 .. 994
    AZ - Clinton 42 .. Trump 43 .. 1,320
    IA - Clinton 39 .. Trump 45 .. 867
    VA - Clinton 49 .. Trump 39 .. 1,929
    NH - Clinton 49 .. Trump 35 .. 635
    NC - Clinton 49 .. Trump 42 .. 1,637
    FL - Clinton 47 .. Trump 44 .. 2,715
    CO - Clinton 43 .. Trump 40 .. 1,402
    OH - Clinton 42 .. Trump 45 .. 1,586
    PA - Clinton 48 .. Trump 42 .. 2,078
    UT - Clinton 30 .. Trump 34 .. McMullin 26 .. 1,507

https://www.surveymonkey.com/elections/map?poll=sm-lv-cps

Hurrah.....Jack's back..

If you go down the thread we were considering sending out a missing party into the digital void. TSE thought that you were at the cinema.

Anyway, in your absence, there's been a lot of brutal chatter of murdering animals and eating their flesh to fill the space......

• Options
    Can't verify from phone

Deplorables Greg
    NC vote update D-2.1% R+8.2% U+39%. #Trump looking good!! @LarrySchweikart @mitchellvii #podestaemails26 #maga3x #Draintheswamp

@LarrySchweikart @mitchellvii yes was 9.6 yesterday and 10.3 today. All happening in Early voting period!!!

@jedinite64 @LarrySchweikart @mitchellvii independent up 39%. Of that group 79% white. U means unaffiliated voter or independent

• Options
    Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

Washoe is the swing county. How it goes so goes Nevada.
    Who votes in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    edited November 2016
    tyson said:

Alistair said:

Hillary attacking the FBI and US law enforcement was irresponsible. I hoped it wouldn't push the mentally disturbed over the edge but I fear it has. Ghastly.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    National - YouGov - Sample 1,233 - 30 Oct - 1 Nov

Clinton 46 .. Trump 43

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/11/02/post-comey-poll-clinton-leads-three/
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,403
    edited November 2016
    Pulpstar said:

rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Cyclefree said:

Hello everyone.

Corrupt
    Serial liar
    Only in it for herself
    Hypocrite
    Two faced
    Bully

I think that's enough.

Changing the tax rules on interest to make it not so favourable vs equity as a method of funding ?
    Repatriation of US funds for Cos ?
    tbf as I remember it, those advocating Brexit didn't put improvement in the economic situation of British citizens at the top of their list.
This discussion has been closed.