Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Theresa May’s new cabinet so far, the night and day of the

Comments

• Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    MaxPB said:

Greg Clark is Business Secretary.

A true non-job at the moment. Surprised to see that it hasn't been merged into energy and transport.
    It's actually Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    MaxPB said:

A true non-job at the moment. Surprised to see that it hasn't been merged into energy and transport.
    It looks like it has to be fair seeing some posts (before) and after mine. It's now 'Business, Energy, and Industrial' Secretary.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,618
    PlatoSaid said:

Greg Clark - Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy

BusEnIs Secretary?
  • Options
    DECC the first faller, then.

Chief Sec & Cabinet office to come, plus culture, wales and scotland
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

John_M said:

Brokenshire to NI.

NI's seventh county?

(I'll get me coat...)
    That was actually quite good, lol.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,217
    GIN1138 said:

I think Andrea Leadsom at DEFRA is a great appointment, given she taught Old McDonald everything he knew.

"Theresa may have foreign affairs, taxes, public spending, but I have cows"
    I am most uncharitable to Mrs Leadsom in my weekend piece.
    I don't know why everyone on here hates Andrea L. She just seems like a nice (if rather naive and inexperienced) lady. Can't people just wish her well instead of being nasty.
    The right wing frothers have taken against her GIN.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383

DECC the first faller, then.

Chief Sec & Cabinet office to come, plus culture, wales and scotland

Welsh Sec in #10 now.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @bbclaurak: Priti Patel goes to DFID
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    Priti gets International Development.
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215

When will the mandatory re-selection decision be made, and could a new leader veto it?

At Annual Conference and no it can't be vetoed by the leader.
  • Options
    Priti going to International Development
  • Options
    HaroldO said:

Jobabob said:

Is Grayling pro or anti HS2 do we know?

Will May instruct him to prioritise the northern HS3 instead of the London orientated HS2?

Grayling's first job should be stripping Southern and Southeastern of their rail franchises.
    Are you sure that's the end-game the government want?
    Why not just nationalise all commuter rail to TfL with Sadiq ultimately responsible as mayor? Has worked very well where done so far (WAGN, Romford line etc). Makes no sense fragmenting a commuter network. Clear lines of responsibility etc etc.
    Er, we had something of that kind with BR:
    Inter-City
    Network South-East
    All other provincial lines.

If I use a train, I'm paying my fare to a nationalised railway. Deutsche Bahn owns Arriva Trains Wales and at least one other franchise.

By returning expired franchises to an integrated government-owned body, the system could slowly be reunified and any profits could go to the Treasury, not the German govt.(!)
    But then we take away the drive to improve that the private sector has brought to the process. If the railways had stayed nationalised would they have expanded like they have in the last 20 years?
    What needs to happen is a clear plan of how to at least bring the current system under control, if this requires more state control then I am happy but I don't think governmental control is a panacea.
    Just saying, as PB's most avid trainspotter and route-basher extraordinaire (my Baker Atlas has been defaced with tons of ink in the last two years!), I don't really mind who runs the railways as long as they are run well.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,667
    MaxPB said:

Oh OK, it has. Should have merged transport in as well and put Grayling in charge.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395

Good news.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    Not heard Zac Goldsmith's name mentioned. - not posh enough?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@bbclaurak: Priti Patel goes to DFID

No prisoners taken alive there. Good hard nosed move.
  • Options
    PaulyPauly Posts: 897
    Pauly said:

I expect Business and DECC to merge into Infrastructure or something similarly named.

I called it... :)
  • Options

Sunil whistles innocently:

https://twitter.com/Sunil_P2/status/744654232469504001
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,150
    GIN1138 said:

I don't know why everyone on here hates Andrea L. She just seems like a nice (if rather naive and inexperienced) lady. Can't people just wish her well instead of being nasty.

Yes, I'm sure the lies and the backbiting were all sheer illusion, and butter really wouldn't melt in her sweet little mouth.

Anyhow, I only hope she doesn't have to deal with another outbreak of Mad Cow Disease ...
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    If she's going to go for Heathrow, she needs to do it very soon whilst she's still got the political momentum and any opposition is still reeling from the firm smack of her kitten heels - and whilst Boris' ego is still being smoothed by measuring the thickness of the carpet pile at the Foreign Office.
  • Options
    This is becoming interminable now, I just wish they'd get on with it. I'm approaching Corbyn reshuffle levels of boredom now. Actually had to do some real work today instead.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,030
    Miss Plato, only if the 0.7% is dropped, otherwise this'll harm Patel's leadership prospects enormously.

Mr. O, cheers for that info. So it'll be a general vote of members?

Even if Corbyn loses the leadership, this could be rather bad for Labour.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,034
    MaxPB said:

Actually had to do some real work today instead.

Good god !

Desperate stuff.

The Tour de France is on btw.
  • Options

If she's going to go for Heathrow, she needs to do it very soon whilst she's still got the political momentum and any opposition is still reeling from the firm smack of her kitten heels - and whilst Boris' ego is still being smoothed by measuring the thickness of the carpet pile at the Foreign Office.

Yes, announce it tomorrow and get the JCBs digging everything up.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    The comments today by the German and French foreign ministers shows they're seriously frit about the EU breaking up.
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    MaxPB said:

This is becoming interminable now, I just wish they'd get on with it. I'm approaching Corbyn reshuffle levels of boredom now. Actually had to do some real work today instead.

"I'm approaching Corbyn reshuffle levels of boredom now"

Fear not – you have that to come.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,584

Not heard Zac Goldsmith's name mentioned. - not posh enough?

He was the future (of London) once.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @MrHarryCole: The Queen has been pleased to approve the appointment of Karen Bradley MP as Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Sky News - Cairns stays at Wales
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,333
    Froome going Froome going....beast mode....
  • Options
    grabcocquegrabcocque Posts: 4,234
    Okay so DECC got the choppity chop, but we still have one too many departments.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@MrHarryCole: The Queen has been pleased to approve the appointment of Karen Bradley MP as Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport.

Who is she?
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,848
    MaxPB said:

There will likely be a fair amount of post-Brexit regulatory issues to sort out
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

The comments today by the German and French foreign ministers shows they're seriously frit about the EU breaking up.

I did enjoy Boris describing their reaction as "well, it's understandable that some think bits of plaster are falling from the ceiling"

:smiley:
  • Options
    Good job there are no points for style in the Tour De France - Chris Froome going to head to full on stem staring nutjob speedmerchant soon.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    So the public school members so far are Evans (HoL), Johnson, Rudd....and er, is that it?

Quite possibly the most 'representative' cabinet in education terms ever! Another first for the Tories?
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Chief Sec, Commons Leader and Scotland to come.
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807

When will the mandatory re-selection decision be made, and could a new leader veto it?

Ain't gonna happen. Unions (other than Unite) going cool on Corbyn and they won't want to visit yet more chaos on an already chaotic party.
  • Options
    JackW said:

Chief Sec, Commons Leader and Scotland to come.

Also confirmation on hangers on.

• Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    HaroldO said:

Jobabob said:

Will May instruct him to prioritise the northern HS3 instead of the London orientated HS2?

Grayling's first job should be stripping Southern and Southeastern of their rail franchises.
    Why not just nationalise all commuter rail to TfL with Sadiq ultimately responsible as mayor? Has worked very well where done so far (WAGN, Romford line etc). Makes no sense fragmenting a commuter network. Clear lines of responsibility etc etc.
    Inter-City
    Network South-East

If I use a train, I'm paying my fare to a nationalised railway. Deutsche Bahn owns Arriva Trains Wales and at least one other franchise.

By returning expired franchises to an integrated government-owned body, the system could slowly be reunified and any profits could go to the Treasury, not the German govt.(!)
    But then we take away the drive to improve that the private sector has brought to the process. If the railways had stayed nationalised would they have expanded like they have in the last 20 years?
    What needs to happen is a clear plan of how to at least bring the current system under control, if this requires more state control then I am happy but I don't think governmental control is a panacea.
    There was less day to day control under BR. The Board was to some extent given a commercial objective and left to get on with it. Private Eye Signal Failures sets out ad nauseam how DfT civil servants now micromanage the running of the railways. But scrapping the franchises would be politically embarrassing so doesn't get onto the agenda.
  • Options
    JohnO said:

So the public school members so far are Evans (HoL), Johnson, Rudd....and er, is that it?

Quite possibly the most 'representative' in education terms ever! Another first for the Tories?

Boris was a scholarship kid, of course.
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,464
    JohnO said:

Quite possibly the most 'representative' in education terms ever! Another first for the Tories?

How many in the Shadow Cabinet?
  • Options
    JohnO said:

Boris on a scholarship.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    Charles said:

This is pre-Brexit thinking. There's going to be less economic activity, fewer people, less money. You just don't need as much infrastructure as you would have.

That said, how are people in Britain getting their internet of they don't have fibre? It's not still going over1890s-standard copper wire is it?

Yes it is! Fibre broadband infrastructure is mainly rolled out by private monopoly BT Openreach. In practice it means things like this - my estate was built from 2005 and is 700 mainly middle-class style homes. Openreach did their Broadband survey in 2004. According to them - and I asked them - we don't exist on their map which is why they won't upgrade our cabinet despite having done the ones on either side.

Supposedly private industry removes idiotic state monolith thinking. With BT it got worse. But despite the huge economic benefits of superfast - people can work from home more and travel less - its getting rolled out at snails pace.
    My entire town is still waiting for fibre. And it's only 60 miles outside London, hardly a remote corner of England.
    I live in a house built in 2013 in a major city. We get 1.5 to 5 meg through BT. The developers didn't bother working with any other providers to enable cable services, so we are stuck with BT. BT won't upgrade the cabinets. I live 1.5 miles from the city centre.
    I live miles outside London, in a run down house from the 1850s. My broadband works fine :)

A lot of suburban properties in towns seem to get very good broadband, but in the centre the speed drops off.

Not sure why. Congestion? Age of wiring?

• Options
    I really hope Froome is clean...because the way he has broken the Peleton on a number of occasions is amazing.
  • Options
    FF43 said:

MaxPB said:

You are forgetting the industrial strategy bit. May specifically mentioned this in her maiden PM speech IIRC.
  • Options
    So where on earth is IDS going? Since he was reported to be going into Downing Street earlier on today?

Also, Priti has this incredibly smug smile on her face at all times.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

JohnO said:

How many in the Shadow Cabinet?
    I added cabinet (as in government) to my post.
  • Options
    stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,780
    May ought to have demanded assurances from Boris and Greening that they would support whatever decision is made over Heathrow/Gatwick. Maybe the decision will be determined by a majority vote in the cabinet?
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,949
    malcolmg said:

GIN1138 said:

I think Andrea Leadsom at DEFRA is a great appointment, given she taught Old McDonald everything he knew.

"Theresa may have foreign affairs, taxes, public spending, but I have cows"
    I am most uncharitable to Mrs Leadsom in my weekend piece.
    The right wing frothers have taken against her GIN.
    Certainly seems that way Malc. :)
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Who is she?
    Her Majesty is the Queen of Great Britain and NI, and a load of Commonwealth stuff.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,221

Jobabob said:

Inter-City
    Network South-East

Urrrm, you do realise that Southern is one of the many operators who actually return money to the treasury for operating trains? (Table 1.7 of (1))

Last year train operators returned a net ~800 million to the government. I don't care who runs them as long as they continue doing so profitably.

(1): http://orr.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/18842/rail-finance-statistical-release-2014-15.pdf
  • Options
    Johnson is still privately educated; should add Hunt to the list.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,712
    JohnO said:

Quite possibly the most 'representative' cabinet in education terms ever! Another first for the Tories?

Us former public schoolboys are such a persecuted minority.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503

FF43 said:

MaxPB said:

You are forgetting the industrial strategy bit. May specifically mentioned this in her maiden PM speech IIRC.
    Con home is summarising all of Nick Timothy's essays on their site. If you want to know where May is coming from, look no further.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Who is she?
    Her Majesty is the Queen of Great Britain and NI, and a load of Commonwealth stuff.
    Very funny.

Seriously, I know nearly absolutely nothing about Karen Bradley. It used to be absolutely nothing until Vicky Young stated a few minutes ago that she worked with Thersea May in the Home Office (alongside James Brokenshire).
  • Options
    edited July 2016

JohnO said:

Ahem, "We" public schoolboys...

....We Grammar Schoolboys, Theresa, Damian and I have to stick together.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

So where on earth is IDS going? Since he was reported to be going into Downing Street earlier on today?

Perhaps he was offered a job but declined? Or... IDS = DPM just to troll the whole of PB ;)
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Who is she?
    I keep mis-reading her as Karren Brady :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Fuck fuck fuck Froome has no bike...there is going to be hell to pay over this. I suspect something dodgy has been going on here.
  • Options
    JohnO said:

JohnO said:

I'm showing off my Northern roots there
  • Options
    JohnO said:

JohnO said:

Indeed we do!
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,027
    JohnO said:

Any news on your peerage, sir? :D
  • Options
    frpenkridgefrpenkridge Posts: 670
    The EU is falling apart. The French can't even organise the Tour de France these days.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,094

Jobabob said:

Inter-City
    Network South-East

Deutsche Bahn also own Great Central, Chiltern and I believe Northern Rail....
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,856
    Interesting observation from James Forsyth: This reshuffle has institutionally weakened both the Foreign Office and the Treasury
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642

I wish Priti got Chief Whip.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    GIN1138 said:

Perhaps he was offered a job but declined? Or... IDS = DPM just to troll the whole of PB ;)
    DPM is a total non-job. The only thing is that IDS in PMQs would be car-crash TV.

@Sunil_Prasannan Brady reminds me of Nicky Morgan for some reason.
  • Options

Interesting observation from James Forsyth: This reshuffle has institutionally weakened both the Foreign Office and the Treasury

IDS was suggesting the Treasury should be broken up. Maybe this is the start.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    eek said:

Jobabob said:

Inter-City
    Network South-East

By contrast, GoVia have a HUGE empire covering London Midland, Southern, Southeastern, Gatwick Express, Great Northern and Thameslink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govia
  • Options
    RobD said:

JohnO said:

Any news on your peerage, sir? :D
    The phone has rung twice today, but alas nothing so far from Dave Mansions or Theresa Towers. If No 10 is looking in, I will happily reverse the charges....
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,342

Jobabob said:

Inter-City
    Network South-East

Urrrm, you do realise that Southern is one of the many operators who actually return money to the treasury for operating trains? (Table 1.7 of (1))

Last year train operators returned a net ~800 million to the government. I don't care who runs them as long as they continue doing so profitably.

(1): http://orr.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/18842/rail-finance-statistical-release-2014-15.pdf
    Southern (like the rest of GTR) is now run on a management contract so no longer returns anything. In any case, the money the TOC returns to the Govenrment is effectively priced into the winning bidder's franchise premia.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,542

I don't think we've had leader of the house yet...
  • Options
    Tour de Farce
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

DPM is a total non-job. The only thing is that IDS in PMQs would be car-crash TV.
    The Quiet Man (IDS) Vs The Big Man (Tom Watson) ? :smiley:
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    Pulpstar said:

Good job there are no points for style in the Tour De France - Chris Froome going to head to full on stem staring nutjob speedmerchant soon.

Blimey. Good of them to schedule that during the tea break.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Greg Clark - Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy

Could have worse. At least he takes climate change seriously.
  • Options
    What a feck up at the TDF
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,444
    Labour Facebook groups are increasingly silly. Some people shrieking about affronts to democracy and breech of contract over voting rights.

I've pointed out that they advocate letting someone join the party on day 1, vote on day 2 and quit on day 3 and the damage that could do. I'm not being well received....
  • Options

Hmm, I predicted that on Tuesday night
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

JohnO said:

JohnO said:

Indeed we do!
    Same here!
  • Options
    Froome was going to win the tour de France today with that beast mode move.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    JohnO said:

Jobabob said:

Scott_P said:

@SophyRidgeSky: Damian Green gets Work and Pensions

Tell me this is true. Whoopee. A human in DWP.
    Green is a very nice chap - I have met him.
    Seconded - a contemporary of May at Oxford - got a raw deal under Cameron
    He was my tutorial partner for Modern British Government (lol) with Gillian Peele who was the fun-loving politics don at LMH. OK, he's become a Secretary of State, but I was a Leader!
    You studied with Gillian as well?

I had her alongside Vernon B [who kept interrupting my tutorials to redraft the Czech constitution], Liz Fraser, Chris Alsopp and Martin Ceadal
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,094

eek said:

Jobabob said:

Inter-City
    Network South-East

By contrast, GoVia have a HUGE empire covering London Midland, Southern, Southeastern, Gatwick Express, Great Northern and Thameslink

Deutsche / Arriva's full list is

Alliance Rail Holdings
    Arriva TrainCare (formerly LNWR)
    Arriva Trains Wales
    Chiltern Railways
    CrossCountry
    Grand Central
    London Overground Rail Operations (50/50 joint venture with MTR Corporation)
    Northern
    Tyne & Wear Metro
    Arriva Rail London take full control of London Overground operations from November 2016.[4]
  • Options
    JonathanDJonathanD Posts: 2,400

Miss Plato, only if the 0.7% is dropped, otherwise this'll harm Patel's leadership prospects enormously..

Not going to happen, 0.7% is the law and there won't be a majority to reverse it.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,024
    edited July 2016
    What is it about the Secretary of State for Health, that causes so many experienced journalists to swear live on TV?
    https://youtu.be/Pa70fCLZ4_A
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

I wish Priti got Chief Whip.

Some of you Tories are a bit weird to say the least.

@GIN1138 Has there ever been a match up of two more unlikeable people?

@numbertwelve Yeah, IDS could go there. I doubt he'll be Chief Secretary to the Treasury.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,221

Jobabob said:

Inter-City
    Network South-East

Southern (like the rest of GTR) is now run on a management contract so no longer returns anything. In any case, the money the TOC returns to the Govenrment is effectively priced into the winning bidder's franchise premia.
    Well, yes, because the unions are being stupid IMO. And what's the point of your second sentence? They still return the money.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

What is it about the Secretary of State for Health, that causes so many experienced journalists to swear live on TV?

Funny how they never have that problem with tristam.
  • Options
    JonathanD said:

Miss Plato, only if the 0.7% is dropped, otherwise this'll harm Patel's leadership prospects enormously..

Not going to happen, 0.7% is the law and there won't be a majority to reverse it.
    Rolling peace keeping and a load of other stuff into the top line figure is the key. I've been horrified by the spend-for-the-sake-of-it projects DfiD has funded.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Pulpstar said:

Charles said:

This is pre-Brexit thinking. There's going to be less economic activity, fewer people, less money. You just don't need as much infrastructure as you would have.

That said, how are people in Britain getting their internet of they don't have fibre? It's not still going over1890s-standard copper wire is it?

Yes it is! Fibre broadband infrastructure is mainly rolled out by private monopoly BT Openreach. In practice it means things like this - my estate was built from 2005 and is 700 mainly middle-class style homes. Openreach did their Broadband survey in 2004. According to them - and I asked them - we don't exist on their map which is why they won't upgrade our cabinet despite having done the ones on either side.

Supposedly private industry removes idiotic state monolith thinking. With BT it got worse. But despite the huge economic benefits of superfast - people can work from home more and travel less - its getting rolled out at snails pace.
    My entire town is still waiting for fibre. And it's only 60 miles outside London, hardly a remote corner of England.
    I live in a house built in 2013 in a major city. We get 1.5 to 5 meg through BT. The developers didn't bother working with any other providers to enable cable services, so we are stuck with BT. BT won't upgrade the cabinets. I live 1.5 miles from the city centre.
    I live miles outside London, in a run down house from the 1850s. My broadband works fine :)
    Stourhead ?
    NW8...

[Stourhead's Palladian not Victorian, you philistine!]
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited July 2016
    Sandpit said:

ttps://youtu.be/Pa70fCLZ4_A

They probably use the name around the office, then say it without thinking.
  • Options
    pbr2013pbr2013 Posts: 649
    Sandpit said:

http://viz.co.uk/roger-mellie-interviews-jeremy-hunt/

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,237

Charles said:

A lot of suburban properties in towns seem to get very good broadband, but in the centre the speed drops off.

Not sure why. Congestion? Age of wiring?

Age of wiring can be an issue. Some places use a copper - aluminium mix for their wires which seriously limits speed
  • Options
    ThrakThrak Posts: 494

Froome was going to win the tour de France today with that beast mode move.

Result will probably be taken from timings at the moment of the crash but he would likely have extebpnded that. Maybe now they'll do something about idiotic spectators.
  • Options
    eek said:

eek said:

Jobabob said:

Inter-City
    Network South-East

Deutsche / Arriva's full list is

Alliance Rail Holdings
    Arriva TrainCare (formerly LNWR)
    Arriva Trains Wales
    Chiltern Railways
    CrossCountry
    Grand Central
    London Overground Rail Operations (50/50 joint venture with MTR Corporation)
    Northern
    Tyne & Wear Metro
    Arriva Rail London take full control of London Overground operations from November 2016.[4]
    Ooops, didn't know they were so big. And didn't know they were getting London Overground either.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,225
    edited July 2016

JohnO said:

Hunt was Charterhouse and Fallon Epsom, the only others I think
  • Options
    Charles said:

Pulpstar said:

Charles said:

Stourhead ?
    NW8...

[Stourhead's Palladian not Victorian, you philistine!]
    Will it be yours though, or are you a "younger" brother or some such ;) ?
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,848
    A thought struck me. The only potential cabinet member with real bargaining power with Theresa May is David Mundell for Sos Scotland.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,024

Sandpit said:

ttps://youtu.be/Pa70fCLZ4_A

It's probably use the name around the office, then say it without thinking.
    Undoubtedly so. It is probably a hangover from his days at DCMS where he was unpopular with the media. OFCOM should really be handing out serious fines for it now, it's happened too often.
This discussion has been closed.