Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Theresa May’s new cabinet so far, the night and day of the

Comments

• Options
    tpfkartpfkar Posts: 1,548
    Sandpit said:

PlatoSaid said:

Sky saying Crabb was offered chance to stay at DWP.

This is where life starts to get difficult for the PM. She may have had a whole cabinet written down or in her head, but when people start declining the roles offered to them...
    And don't forget that Theresa Villiers claims she's turned a role down - must have been high profile to be offered at this stage.
  • Options
    grabcocquegrabcocque Posts: 4,234
    chestnut said:

What about Grayling to DWP?

Already disliked, that wouldn't be a major negative.

My guess is May's going to want somebody cuddly. The DWP is the Nasty Department, and May will want that to change.
    David Cameron for DWP it is then?
    It was under his tenure the DWP got its reputation for emotionally torturing people, starving them and driving them to suicide. At best we can assume Dave didn't much care about what IDS turned it into.
    You credit Cameron too much; the DWP/DSS/DHSS has always had that reputation.
    Not to quite the same level. ATOS, food banks, sanctions etc. have driven the DWP's reputation for potentially murderous callousness to new highs. Yes, I realise this started under Blair so we shouldn't blame it all on IDS. But I will anyway.

Fuck you IDS.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,150
    *BREAKING* New post of Beverage Distribution Minister created for Andrea Leadsom.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    National Polls :

Clinton 40 .. Trump 40 - CBS/NY Times
    Clinton 45 .. Trump 43 - YouGov/Economist
    Clinton 37 .. Trump 44 - Rasmussen
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,024

If we had a universal basic income run through the treasury, we would have no need of a DWP.

Now there is a policy that deserves a second look. It couldn't be done while we were in the EU and 500m people could claim it, but deserves to now be worked through and costed properly - including the massive amount of bureaucracy it would save across numerous govt departments.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    edited July 2016

Pulpstar said:

MarcKlein said:

Any word on a VP pick for Trump/Clinton?

Hi Marc, bit of a guessers market.

@Rodcrosby reckons it might be Martha McSally (He is profitable to pay attention to) though I haven't backed anyone myself.
    Not Christie I think.

No idea with HRC.
    BF now says its Pence, but some distance. Shame, I am on McSally.
    Yes, I think someone posted that Trump had spent the weekend with Spence (or vice versa). 538 made the point that running for VP on a losing ticket can kill your career, which might be why a lot of Republicans turned Trump down.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,581

I'm suspicious about all the leaks about the shortlist coming out of Team Trump. He's a showman, he'll want to pull a surprise. My hunch is that it won't be any of the names being bandied around.
    In terms of the value bet, I agree.
    Trump will announce there won't be one. I can see him saying: "Why do we need a role that isn't worth a bucket of piss" as LBJ (I think?) once said. Anyway his health is great, just great.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    eek said:

chestnut said:

My guess is May's going to want somebody cuddly. The DWP is the Nasty Department, and May will want that to change.
    It was under his tenure the DWP got its reputation for emotionally torturing people, starving them and driving them to suicide. At best we can assume Dave didn't much care about what IDS turned it into.

While its entered folklore, folklore misses out that the entire Atos Origin disability test system was instigated and designed under Labour....
    Various versions of medical boarding have been around for decades and decades.

The Work Focused Interview for the Disabled is a Labour invention though. It came into being around the time of Blair's second term.

Atos followed on from SEMA as the private sector contractor, again Labour appointees. It was 'in house' before Labour privatised it if memory serves me correctly.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Hold on, why is there a Duchy of Lancaster, but not a Duchy of York?

Or is it that Lancastrians need constant adult supervision?

The Queen is the Duke of Lancaster (it's the core of what is now called the Crown Estates) and doesn't have the time to deal with the day to day administration.

(Useless factoid - it's one of the few Dukedoms that has a female Duke rather than a Duchess)
  • Options

I'm suspicious about all the leaks about the shortlist coming out of Team Trump. He's a showman, he'll want to pull a surprise. My hunch is that it won't be any of the names being bandied around.
    Trump will announce there won't be one. I can see him saying: "Why do we need a role that isn't worth a bucket of piss" as LBJ (I think?) once said. Anyway his health is great, just great.
    I've decided to make ME my Vice President! Who else would be able to replace ME except ME?!
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,032
    Seems like noone wants DWP.
  • Options
    Chris said:

*BREAKING* New post of Beverage Distribution Minister created for Andrea Leadsom.

Has Leadsom got anything yet? Runner-up for leader surely earns some sort of prize.
  • Options

89.'

It'll be interesting to know how many crashes have occurred caused by the use of the telephone block system, and especially how many near-misses.
    Assuming that near misses are recorded.

From what I can make out, Telephone Block in crude terms means there is not actually any signalling and the station masters of adjacent stations phone each other, decide which train can go then record this on paper and tell the train drivers whether they can go.

Cant Imagine why we banned it 127 years ago.......
    Indeed. One of the great things the railway inspection board did, and does, is make the reporting of near-misses obligatory. Then they can investigate if they want.

Hence every SPAD (signal passed a danger) is recorded, even if it does not result in a crash. They can then find common reasons (e.g. vegetation blocking sight lines, tiredness, confusion with other signals) and not only fix them, but look for other places on the network that they might occur.

It's a bureaucracy, but it keeps the passengers safer.
    Indeed.

I'm just staggered that on a line only built in 1965 and since electrified at great cost, it was not considered necessary to invest in some basic signalling - it is not as if a few token machines would cost much.

Apparently this system or a variant is used extensively in Portugal too and probably other European countries.

One other good thing about Brexit is that the EUs plan to replace national rail safety bureacracies like HMRI with an EU wide one will no longer affect us thank heavens.
    I think the European Railway Agency is part of the EU, and the new signalling system of ERTMS is under their control. It'll be interesting to see how withdrawal alters Network Rail's plans for ERTMS rollout.

There's a chance we might 'buy in' to the ERA anyway, although interoperability with other EU countries is less important for us than other countries, as there is only one link to them.
    Doesn't buying 'of the shelf' trains become a benefit if our systems align to those that are used on the continent?

Sure I've read the budget for HS2 trains is massively pessimistic as Alstom and others build trains that can run on European really networks for fair less than is budgeted for

If we use the same tech the there must be economies of scale savings surely
    We cant buy off the shelf European or any other trains as they would crash into the first bridge they try to go under.

UK railways are built to an almost uniquely small maximum train size.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

If we had a universal basic income run through the treasury, we would have no need of a DWP.

Now there is a policy that deserves a second look. It couldn't be done while we were in the EU and 500m people could claim it, but deserves to now be worked through and costed properly - including the massive amount of bureaucracy it would save across numerous govt departments.
    Er, what. The reasons it wasn't done are none of the above. It has taken an eon to get to its current limited roll-out because the IT and backoffice logistics are an absolutely f**** nightmare.
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819
    When does Sarah Vine write her next column? Would like to be a fly on the wall in the Macbeth household right now!
  • Options
    chestnut said:

eek said:

chestnut said:

While its entered folklore, folklore misses out that the entire Atos Origin disability test system was instigated and designed under Labour....
    Various versions of medical boarding have been around for decades and decades.

The Work Focused Interview for the Disabled is a Labour invention though. It came into being around the time of Blair's second term.

Atos followed on from SEMA as the private sector contractor, again Labour appointees. It was 'in house' before Labour privatised it if memory serves me correctly.
    One reason Corbynites are not that keen to have Blairites running the show again.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,048
    bunnco said:

Gove out - Boris must be the happiest bloke in the UK right now!

No. The happiest person is Liz Truss . It was Gove that gave her the bum steer to back Boris with all sorts of blandishments and promises only to leave her high and dry when he ran himself.

Revenge is a meal best eaten cold. But in this case, it is also sweet. She's taken Gove's job as well as buried him.

Mint!

Bunnco Your Man on the Spot
    Gove is certainly not buried and will hopefully be back soon. Possibly the most talented politician in the whole party.
  • Options

UK Rail Safety and Standards Board communiques via Twitter about the tragic head on train crash in Italy:

'Could Bari accident happen in GB? Unlikely due to nature of telephone block system used, but we always look to learn from overseas #aspr.'

'Sources suggest telephone block process was outlawed for passenger services in Britain in 1889.'

It'll be interesting to know how many crashes have occurred caused by the use of the telephone block system, and especially how many near-misses.
    Assuming that near misses are recorded.

From what I can make out, Telephone Block in crude terms means there is not actually any signalling and the station masters of adjacent stations phone each other, decide which train can go then record this on paper and tell the train drivers whether they can go.

Cant Imagine why we banned it 127 years ago.......
    Indeed. One of the great things the railway inspection board did, and does, is make the reporting of near-misses obligatory. Then they can investigate if they want.

Hence every SPAD (signal passed a danger) is recorded, even if it does not result in a crash. They can then find common reasons (e.g. vegetation blocking sight lines, tiredness, confusion with other signals) and not only fix them, but look for other places on the network that they might occur.

It's a bureaucracy, but it keeps the passengers safer.
    Indeed.

I'm just staggered that on a line only built in 1965 and since electrified at great cost, it was not considered necessary to invest in some basic signalling - it is not as if a few token machines would cost much.

Apparently this system or a variant is used extensively in Portugal too and probably other European countries.

One other good thing about Brexit is that the EUs plan to replace national rail safety bureacracies like HMRI with an EU wide one will no longer affect us thank heavens.
    Was I the only one here wot watched Trainspotting Live?

https://twitter.com/Sunil_P2/status/753289495693422594
    No, me and the editor of The Sun did too lol
  • Options
    LennonLennon Posts: 1,737
    tpfkar said:

Sandpit said:

PlatoSaid said:

Sky saying Crabb was offered chance to stay at DWP.

This is where life starts to get difficult for the PM. She may have had a whole cabinet written down or in her head, but when people start declining the roles offered to them...
    And don't forget that Theresa Villiers claims she's turned a role down - must have been high profile to be offered at this stage.
    Given the order of announcements and 'rumours' of Hunt being moved I think that the assumption is that she was offered Health - although it'd be an interesting choice to turn down what is a clear promotion (albeit with some very obvious issues)
  • Options

chestnut said:

Not to quite the same level. ATOS, food banks, sanctions etc. have driven the DWP's reputation for potentially murderous callousness to new highs. Yes, I realise this started under Blair so we shouldn't blame it all on IDS. But I will anyway.

Fuck you IDS.
    Sanctions have been around since Attlee.
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    JackW said:

National Polls :

That Ras is a bad poll for Clinton. Realise it has a GOP lean but even so Obama was rarely behind in it.
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    Sandpit said:

Indeed. The Swiss had a referendum on it although the proposed level seemed very high, about twice our minimum wage.

It's a Green Party policy but I think it's aspirational, i.e. something they plan on doing in the future but not quite yet.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,618
    edited July 2016

We cant buy off the shelf European or any other trains as they would crash into the first bridge they try to go under.

UK railways are built to an almost uniquely small maximum train size.

And the deep-level London Tube lines are even smaller!
  • Options

When does Sarah Vine write her next column? Would like to be a fly on the wall in the Macbeth household right now!

Has Gove applied to take over Boris's column yet?
  • Options
    chestnut said:

chestnut said:

Fuck you IDS.
    Not the practise of incentivising DWP staff by rewarding by the number of people they sanction, regardless of merit. That was IDS's stupid fucking idea.
  • Options
    MarcKleinMarcKlein Posts: 36
    JackW said:

National Polls :

Seems to be slipping away from Clinton.
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414

If that actually happened and Trump won, wouldn't the VP then be Clinton's running mate? That would be amusing.
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    HaroldO said:

PlatoSaid said:

Christopher Hope
    Ex-Culture secretary John Whittingdale on his plans for the rest of the day. "We are going to get drunk," he tells me. #CabinetReshuffle

Now that is the proper answer.
    Good man.
  • Options

bunnco said:

No. The happiest person is Liz Truss . It was Gove that gave her the bum steer to back Boris with all sorts of blandishments and promises only to leave her high and dry when he ran himself.

Revenge is a meal best eaten cold. But in this case, it is also sweet. She's taken Gove's job as well as buried him.

Mint!

Gove is certainly not buried and will hopefully be back soon. Possibly the most talented politician in the whole party.
    I'm curious as to how you're defining "talent" here. To me, a politician who destroys his own career by making everyone loathe him isn't actually very good at politics.

I'd say they were actually bad actually.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,524
    Someone say something that might convince me that this is better than we had before.

For me this looks a far more mediocre cabinet than we had on 23rd June. The price of Brexit grows ever higher.
  • Options

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

Fuck you IDS.
    Not the practise of incentivising DWP staff by rewarding by the number of people they sanction, regardless of merit. That was IDS's stupid fucking idea.
    Is that true ?

Sounds like an urban myth to me. Surely noone could be that mendacious/stupid ?
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Er, what. The reasons it wasn't done are none of the above. It has taken an eon to get to its current limited roll-out because the IT and backoffice logistics are an absolutely f**** nightmare.
    Yes, and a universal income would eliminate at a stroke the majority of the huge computer clusterf***s that have plagued several departments over the decades. There would need to be some sort of registration process at the start but after that it would require very little input.
  • Options
    MarcKlein said:

JackW said:

National Polls :

Seems to be slipping away from Clinton.
    Not really started yet though have they? Having said that she is beatable.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,094
    edited July 2016

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

Fuck you IDS.
    I'm sure someone said that it's worse than that. Unless you hit your target for sanctions you end up in disciplinary...
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Sky News - Grayling to Transport
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,013
    JackW said:

National Polls :

At this stage it's looking like another Nixon/Humphrey or Ford/Carter contest, in terms of its closeness.
  • Options
    Leadsom into Downing Street
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Leadsom arriving now, Grayling gets Transport.
  • Options

Hold on, why is there a Duchy of Lancaster, but not a Duchy of York?

Or is it that Lancastrians need constant adult supervision?

Hang on, Prince Andrew is the Duke of York!

• Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,094

Sandpit said:

That's universal credit.... One big reason is that HMRC won't give DWP access to their systems so they can't see what people are earning....
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    Grayling is the Transport Secretary. Meh.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Pulpstar said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

Fuck you IDS.
    Is that true ?

sadly true

Staff that fail to sanction get pay cuts, staff that hand out sanctions with gay abandon get bonuses.

It wouldn't have taken a genius to figure out what the end result of that would have been.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Leadsom to DWP would make perfect sense.

Using the internal logic seemingly applied to the reshuffle.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,384
    Katie Hopkins will be planning something big to wrest the crown of moronic biliousness back.

https://twitter.com/WelshGasDoc/status/753555816863657984
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746
    Pulpstar said:

IDS in downing st was mentioned earlier. Perhaps he's back.
  • Options
    JackW said:

Grayling to Transport? Wasn't Transport due to be abolished half an hour ago?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Someone say something that might convince me that this is better than we had before.

For me this looks a far more mediocre cabinet than we had on 23rd June. The price of Brexit grows ever higher.

We've seeing a lot of deckchairs and some promotions - we've lost a great thinker in Gove, and a chunk of other talent - and some deadwood.

I'm not convinced by this yet - some nice working class upgrades, but that's not enough.
  • Options

JackW said:

Is he HS2 friendly?
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

JackW said:

National Polls :

At this stage it's looking like another Nixon/Humphrey or Ford/Carter contest, in terms of its closeness.
    Rasmussen trending to the norm for them !!

National polls are useful but credible state swing polls are the key. Here Clinton maintains a distinctive edge.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

oh, kill me now.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Still worth it?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

oh, kill me now.
    Everyone see that? When the cops come, he asked for it.

• Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,342
    Leadsom for Treasury Sec?

• Options
    Pulpstar said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

Fuck you IDS.
    Is that true ?

That's something that's been mentioned by loads of people, but with very little actual evidence. I've yet to see a link to a reputable source confirming the story.
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753

Think there's a 'shy' Trump factor in the states along the lines of shy UKIP / tories here?
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388

Pulpstar said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

Fuck you IDS.
    Is that true ?

sadly true

Staff that fail to sanction get pay cuts, staff that hand out sanctions with gay abandon get bonuses.

It wouldn't have taken a genius to figure out what the end result of that would have been.
    The evidence linked a long way short of the conclusion attributed to it.
  • Options

JackW said:

They were going to rip up the railways???
  • Options

JackW said:

Is he HS2 friendly?
    I think Hammond pulled the trigger on it, so he may defend it in cabinet too.

• Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,949
    Transport a bit disappointing for Grayling?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

Fuck you IDS.
    Is that true ?

It has been common practice for jobcentre staff to have benchmarks/targets related to their jobs (just like most professions) way before IDS/the Tories came on the scene.

People who under-perform against the benchmark may end up being taken to task for unsatisfactory performance, people who over-performed may well get rewarded.

• Options

JackW said:

Hhhmm ....

Might be SoS for Transportation ....

Ozzie, Gove et al to Australia ?!? .. :smile:
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

Fuck you IDS.
    Is that true ?

sadly true

The other explanation for the exponential increase in malicious sanctioning by DWP staff is they're all sociopaths who just want to watch the world burn. This is another possibility.
  • Options

JackW said:

They were going to rip up the railways???
    Yes -- see the tweet in the headline piece.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

Fuck you IDS.
    Is that true ?

sadly true

The other explanation for the exponential increase in malicious sanctioning by DWP staff is they're all sociopaths who just want to watch the world burn. This is another possibility.
    Do you even know what exponential means?
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited July 2016
    Sandpit said:

Pulpstar said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

Fuck you IDS.
    Is that true ?

That's something that's been mentioned by loads of people, but with very little actual evidence. I've yet to see a link to a reputable source confirming the story.
    It's the more excitable and partisan Guardian columnists citing other excitable and partisan Guardian columnists. Fortunately, under the new editor - who seems to be a LOT better than Rusbridger - the paper seems to be returning to high-quality journalism, so hopefully we'll see less such hysteria.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

Fuck you IDS.
    Is that true ?

sadly true

I think we covered it during my physics degree at Oxford.
  • Options

JackW said:

Is he HS2 friendly?
    I think Hammond pulled the trigger on it, so he may defend it in cabinet too.

Both Hammond and Grayling strong HS2 supporters
  • Options
    JackW said:

Sean_F said:

JackW said:

National Polls :

National polls are useful but credible state swing polls are the key. Here Clinton maintains a distinctive edge.
    Yes, I wouldn't pay too much attention to Rasmussen.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

Fuck you IDS.
    Is that true ?

sadly true

I think we covered it during my physics degree at Oxford.
    Evidently not.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664

Katie Hopkins will be planning something big to wrest the crown of moronic biliousness back.

@InternetHippo

Using Twitter will make you more concise, which is a useful skill. And it comes at the small cost of making you worse in every other way.
  • Options

That's a classy post from Louise Mensch.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

Pulpstar said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

Fuck you IDS.
    Is that true ?

It has been common practice for jobcentre staff to have benchmarks/targets related to their jobs (just like most professions) way before IDS/the Tories came on the scene.

People who under-perform against the benchmark may end up being taken to task for unsatisfactory performance, people who over-performed may well get rewarded.

The one employment sector that expanded due to that policy (Labour again) was security guards in JobCentres.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    taffys said:

Think there's a 'shy' Trump factor in the states along the lines of shy UKIP / tories here?

And shy Leavers
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

JackW said:

Sean_F said:

JackW said:

National Polls :

I think the US Presidential election is likely to break records for low turnout.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,220
    Ishmael_X said:

@InternetHippo

Using Twitter will make you more concise, which is a useful skill. And it comes at the small cost of making you worse in every other way.
    Perhaps Cameron's biggest gift to the world is his adage about Twitter, which people cotinue to prove every day.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @SophyRidgeSky: Damian Green gets Work and Pensions
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,150
    JackW said:

Leadsom into Downing Street

Don't get excited. She's only being given another opportunity to apologise.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Trying to discover who's had the shortest times in office.

I guessed David Laws, he managed 17 days

Alas

Arthur S
    @PlatoSays @FatherJones1 Beaverbrook was Minister of War Production for 15 days from 4 - 19 February 1942 before resigning.
  • Options
    HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185
    Hmmm, Leadsom has just gone in.
  • Options
    Told you. DWP gets its cuddly wet.
  • Options

chestnut said:

Pulpstar said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

Fuck you IDS.
    Is that true ?

The one employment sector that expanded due to that policy (Labour again) was security guards in JobCentres.
    They removed the protective screens for the staff so needed to heavily increase the security presence.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,702
    Damian Green to DWP
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Pulpstar said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

Fuck you IDS.
    Is that true ?

It's the more excitable and partisan Guardian columnist citing other excitable and partisan Guardian columnists. Fortunately, under the new editor - who seems to be a LOT better than Rusbridger - the paper seems to be returning to high-quality journalism, so hopefully we'll see less such hysteria.
    Journalism is in my opinion in a bit of a state at the moment, though there are very good ones out there.

John Harris and Stephen Bush are two I pay particular attention to.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

IDS won't be pleased.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Tell me this is true. Whoopee. A human in DWP.
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    chestnut said:

Pulpstar said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

Fuck you IDS.
    Is that true ?

Quite. Analysis are done in all jobs, and a statistical pattern is established as to the expected percentages. It might be nationally 15% of applicants contravene the rules, but yours is 10% or 30%, and your colleagues rarely vary more than a couple of percent, it shows that something is wrong. Same for a traffic police who dont issue the expected number of speeding tickets or breathalysers.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    Scott_P said:

Ha! Hadn't thought of that possibility, but he's a good choice.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Sean_F said:

That's a classy post from Louise Mensch.
    I wasn't around when she posted on here. Was there any indication that such a morally retarded, fact-ignoring monster lurked within?
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    HaroldO said:

Perhaps May will make Leadsom Leader of the Opposition. She needs someone to fight with.

• Options
    Sean_F said:

JackW said:

Sean_F said:

JackW said:

National Polls :

I can't recall who did the analysis a few weeks ago into POTUS polling, but Rasmussen were right down at the bottom with Quinthingy for accuracy. Fox/WSJ/NBC were top three.
  • Options

HaroldO said:

Perhaps May will make Leadsom Leader of the Opposition. She needs someone to fight with.

:smiley:
  • Options
    @SophyRidgeSky: Andrea Leadsom appointed Secretary of State for Environment & Rural Affairs
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,533

bunnco said:

Mint!

Demonstrably not.
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830

What is wrong with Louise Mensch?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Scott_P said:

@SophyRidgeSky: Andrea Leadsom appointed Secretary of State for Environment & Rural Affairs

Is Andrea a "denier"? ;)
  • Options

What is wrong with Louise Mensch?
    How long have you got?

*pulls up a chair*
  • Options
    Andrea Leadsom shows her inexperience even now

The only person so far to confirm her job to journalists as she steps out the front door
This discussion has been closed.