Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Why the betting has often seemed so out of line with the po

Comments

• Options
    BTW all polling stations in the East Riding have raffle tickets to give out at 10pm to those in a queue.

Is this typical?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,989

Mr. Eagles, still worried Leave will win?

I'm always worried on election day.

I'm taking a break from politics for a few hours, and focus on other things
    Preparing for the grueling night shift. I have my red bull ready, although it sounds as though it's going to be four hours of talking heads.
  • Options

BTW all polling stations in the East Riding have raffle tickets to give out at 10pm to those in a queue.

Is this typical?

Probably so they can keep track of who is there at 10pm. Beyond that time no one else can vote.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Just been to grudgingly vote Remain, with one of La Toynbee's patented clothes-pegs on my nose.

There were more people there than the ghost town of the PCC election last month, though seemingly less than there were in the 2015 election.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,130
    Lowlander said:

HYUFD said:

Lowlander said:

From my experience in Glasgow, the turnout in Scotland is not going to be high. I voted late afternoon and glancing at the electoral register list, there was barely 1 in 5 of the names crossed out.

Twitter is confusing with a lot of people reporting personal experience of dead polling places while the Leave email about "high Scottish turnout" and a 9am statement from the Chief Returning Officer keep getting re-tweeted. I tend towards the personal experiences getting reported.

I think Remain's hopes for a big boost from Scotland will be quite heavily suppressed due to turnout.

When is the turnout in Glasgow ever high? Even in indyref it had one of the lowest turnouts in Scotland. Outside of the Borders I would guess Glasgow will have one of the highest Brexit votes in Scotland, Edinburgh and Aberdeen will be much more pro Remain, so a low Glasgow turnout is not necessarily terrible news for Remain
    True. But for IndyRef the polling place was much busier and there were far more names crossed off at 8am when I voted than there were at 3pm today. For the GE and Scottish elections, again the polling place was far busier with far more names crossed out (both of those I voted late afternoon).
    Turnout will obviously not match indyref but who votes at 3pm? Most people vote 5pm onwards if they did not vote first thing in the morning and so you would expect a higher turnout by the time you got to the polls in the general and Scottish elections
  • Options
    Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 10
    weejonnie said:

Iqbal_M said:

Just back from voting from Dundee at about 5.20 pm. The people there said turnout is what it usually is.

You mean from 1975 or Sindy or AV?
    I think compared with other recent elections and referendums.
  • Options
    OUTOUT Posts: 569
    Iqbal_M said:

Just back from voting from Dundee at about 5.20 pm. The people there said turnout is what it usually is.

Same here. Saw my first leafleters today. 2 elderly ladies for remain.
    They were in a street where English is relegated to 3rd place as a language behind
    Junkie and Polish.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,563
    RobD said:

Preparing for the grueling night shift. I have my red bull ready, although it sounds as though it's going to be four hours of talking heads.
    Prepping for the final episode of The Good Wife tonight.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    RobD said:

I've reached that stage in life where I'll be awake periodically during the night whether I want to or not. I generally wake for reals around 4am at the latest. At least I'll have something to read :).
  • Options
    SirBenjaminSirBenjamin Posts: 238
    IanB2 said:

If they have done their sums right, the larger lost bets on Remain should cover the cost of paying out the winnings to the Leave people (on betfair, since bets are matched, the transfers take place directly between the two sets of punters). Typically however bookmakers tend to do better when the expected happens (favourite wins) and can be caught out if something at longer odds comes in a winner. Whether they would actually be out of pocket with a Leave win, I have no idea. With just two outcomes, I suspect not - it's not exactly the same as a 100/1 horse winning the Grand National, after all...

Although this doesn't actually happen anywhere near as often as Bookies would love people to believe. Every time an outsider wins there's a 'oooh, we took a big hit on that!', which is usually disingenuous, bordering on outright fallacy. They doth protest too much.

Obviously bookmakers are keen to perpetuate the myth that casual/frequent gamblers can beat them on their own terms, which about 99.5% of the time is, of course, impossible. Almost all bets placed with all bookies are -EV to the punter, and if the betting is unbalanced, bookies can and do reduce overexposure on particularly precarious positions by hedging with one another.

Interesting, the 0.5% of the time where bookies are genuinely beaten due to their own mispricing or slowness, you will NEVER hear them pipe up about it.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    OUT said:

Iqbal_M said:

They were in a street where English is relegated to 3rd place as a language behind
    Junkie and Polish.
    Location, location, location :wink:
  • Options
    John_M said:

RobD said:

I've reached that stage in life where I'll be awake periodically during the night whether I want to or not. I generally wake for reals around 4am at the latest. At least I'll have something to read :).
    Feel sorry for the buggers who stayed up to watch all the coverage before any announcement was made!
  • Options

Mr. Scotland, how do you think Scotland will vote? [Most assume Remain, but I meant the margin more than that].

Edited extra bit: Mr. Child, cheers for that info.

I don't know. From discussion in my Edinburgh office, I am surrounded by reluctant remainers. My polling station was busy at 8:45am with pensioners though, which I thought strange.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,994
    Led Zep cleared of plagiarism.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Lowlander said:

HYUFD said:

Lowlander said:

From my experience in Glasgow, the turnout in Scotland is not going to be high. I voted late afternoon and glancing at the electoral register list, there was barely 1 in 5 of the names crossed out.

Twitter is confusing with a lot of people reporting personal experience of dead polling places while the Leave email about "high Scottish turnout" and a 9am statement from the Chief Returning Officer keep getting re-tweeted. I tend towards the personal experiences getting reported.

I think Remain's hopes for a big boost from Scotland will be quite heavily suppressed due to turnout.

When is the turnout in Glasgow ever high? Even in indyref it had one of the lowest turnouts in Scotland. Outside of the Borders I would guess Glasgow will have one of the highest Brexit votes in Scotland, Edinburgh and Aberdeen will be much more pro Remain, so a low Glasgow turnout is not necessarily terrible news for Remain
    True. But for IndyRef the polling place was much busier and there were far more names crossed off at 8am when I voted than there were at 3pm today. For the GE and Scottish elections, again the polling place was far busier with far more names crossed out (both of those I voted late afternoon).
    Turnout will obviously not match indyref but who votes at 3pm? Most people vote 5pm onwards if they did not vote first thing in the morning and so you would expect a higher turnout by the time you got to the polls in the general and Scottish elections
    Who votes at 3pm?

Mums picking up their kids from school / collecting them from nursery.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,002
    Right, chaps, I'm off now. If I do return tonight it'll likely be around 10-10.30pm. Let's hope things go smoothly.
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    edited June 2016
    London and Kent under a deluge. Got a friend who was due to attend a concert tonight but isn't going into London as he's worried the trains might be screwed for the return leg.

Managed to wade through the waters to vote LEAVE mind ;-)
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,895
    What's everyone's plans for tonight? I'm planning to get to bed early and then wake up early morning-ish around (4?) to watch the results. What are the first bell-weathers?
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215
    Danny565 said:

Just been to grudgingly vote Remain, with one of La Toynbee's patented clothes-pegs on my nose.

There were more people there than the ghost town of the PCC election last month, though seemingly less than there were in the 2015 election.

What changed your mind back again?
  • Options
    John_M said:

RobD said:

I'm tempted to take a nap for a hour or so before 10pm. I've been up since 0545 and just had a swig of Red Bull. It's so warm and humid here - it's soul sapping.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    malcolmg said:

nunu said:

malcolmg said:

Just hearing slight suggestions of low turnout in Remain-friendly Edinburgh thus far. Make of it what you will.

I voted at 7.30am but would concur. Nothing like queues. More oldies than anything (good for you, hope it's Leave). Perhaps it got busier later.
    I was straight in at 7am, and it was much quieter than a GE, only 2 of us. Normally a few people in there at 7, if its decent weather, which it was.
    I wonder what's happening in Glasgow.
    sun shining at least
    Do you think Glasgow could surprise and be closer than we think?
    I think there will be more SNP voters for Leave than expected for sure. I certainly am due to the lies Cameron and chums have been spouting.
    You want Scotland to be like Norway? High tax high spend
  • Options
    SirBenjaminSirBenjamin Posts: 238

Only 4 hours of voting to go...

This is tense. I've never cared more about the result of an election.

I don't think I've ever cared less...
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,986
    Danny565 said:

We can die happy in the knowledge that we kept @SeanT 's equity high in his Primrose Hill Flat ;)
  • Options
    timmotimmo Posts: 1,469
    Chameleon said:

What's everyone's plans for tonight? I'm planning to get to bed early and then wake up early morning-ish around (4?) to watch the results. What are the first bell-weathers?

I think thats a bit late.
    They will be counting this much quicker than a GE as there are only 2 candidates effectively.
    Im hearing 1.30 onwards.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941

IanB2 said:

If they have done their sums right, the larger lost bets on Remain should cover the cost of paying out the winnings to the Leave people (on betfair, since bets are matched, the transfers take place directly between the two sets of punters). Typically however bookmakers tend to do better when the expected happens (favourite wins) and can be caught out if something at longer odds comes in a winner. Whether they would actually be out of pocket with a Leave win, I have no idea. With just two outcomes, I suspect not - it's not exactly the same as a 100/1 horse winning the Grand National, after all...

Although this doesn't actually happen anywhere near as often as Bookies would love people to believe. Every time an outsider wins there's a 'oooh, we took a big hit on that!', which is usually disingenuous, bordering on outright fallacy. They doth protest too much.

Obviously bookmakers are keen to perpetuate the myth that casual/frequent gamblers can beat them on their own terms, which about 99.5% of the time is, of course, impossible. Almost all bets placed with all bookies are -EV to the punter, and if the betting is unbalanced, bookies can and do reduce overexposure on particularly precarious positions by hedging with one another.

Interesting, the 0.5% of the time where bookies are genuinely beaten due to their own mispricing or slowness, you will NEVER hear them pipe up about it.
    Memories of the bookies wailing about the couple of dozen 5000/1 bets on Leicester winning the league. No mention of the tens of millions of pounds they took on Chelsea, MC, MU, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and all the other clubs winning the league, that went into their back pockets.
  • Options
    nunu said:

malcolmg said:

nunu said:

malcolmg said:

Just hearing slight suggestions of low turnout in Remain-friendly Edinburgh thus far. Make of it what you will.

I voted at 7.30am but would concur. Nothing like queues. More oldies than anything (good for you, hope it's Leave). Perhaps it got busier later.
    I was straight in at 7am, and it was much quieter than a GE, only 2 of us. Normally a few people in there at 7, if its decent weather, which it was.
    sun shining at least
    I think there will be more SNP voters for Leave than expected for sure. I certainly am due to the lies Cameron and chums have been spouting.
    $100k per capita gdp !
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807

Led Zep cleared of plagiarism.

The big decision of the day announced. Now we can all relax Richard :)
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    Iqbal_M said:

weejonnie said:

Iqbal_M said:

You mean from 1975 or Sindy or AV?
    I think compared with other recent elections and referendums.
    (Yep - I was being 'jovial'. That wouldn't be a good sign for Remain though, would it, if Scotland is no better than 2015 but England is up. - although 2 constituencies were in the 80% mark)
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    edited June 2016
    Looking at this animation, I think the London rain will be pretty much over by about 8pm.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/rainfall-radar

Given how hard Londoners work compared to the rest of you shirkers (joke), that's when we get home, so voting should be ok.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,800
    Chameleon said:

(My understanding) Someone here suggested that (I think) Nuneaton would announce their count first at say 2am. If it's an easy win, then perhaps we'll know at 4am. 6am for close, and next week if its a handful of votes.

• Options
    Brom said:

For those who like conspiracies:
    Seeing as there is public transport chaos across London it should be worth pointing out that the RMT were strong supporters of Brexit

They should announce a wild cat strike! Lol.
  • Options

IanB2 said:

Spot on.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Evening all.

Civic and Patriotic duty complete

Turnout described as "good". 10 pages of voter list compared to 3 for a normal election

Wow 150% voting.
  • Options
    timmotimmo Posts: 1,469
    Anorak said:

Looking at this animation, I think the London rain will be pretty much over by about 8pm.

Given how hard Londoners work compared to the rest of you shirkers (joke), that's when we get home, so voting should be ok.

My daughters just got to Victoria to come south but there are no trains...Similar at Waterloo.
  • Options
    I've kinda grown in confidence hearing about wwc voting, they don't do polls, phone or otherwise!
  • Options

Given the tropical weather, I have just started on the rum. I recommend it to TSE as a tonic, and to all fellow PBers.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,314
    timmo said:

Chameleon said:

They will be counting this much quicker than a GE as there are only 2 candidates effectively.
    Im hearing 1.30 onwards.
    Timetable:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/23/referendum-night-when-to-nap-and-the-results-to-watch?CMP=share_btn_tw

Early stuff in NE should give us some clues.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @MrHarryCole: Boris: "From what I have heard and all the information is that turnout is good in areas where we need it to be."
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Evening all.

Turnout described as "good". 10 pages of voter list compared to 3 for a normal election

Whereabouts are you Scott?
  • Options
    DanSmithDanSmith Posts: 1,215
    It's all coming down to differential turnout isn't it, which areas are going to come out to vote. Sounds like London might rescue Remain.
  • Options
    RobD said:

I'm three hours ahead of UK time. I'll be heading to bed in a couple of hours and will wake up about your 2am to see the meat of the results start to come in.

Stayed up all night last year until Balls and Farage at 10am, not doing that again although it was profitable. Letting the bets run this time, I'm Better than even on Remain and happy on Leave.
  • Options
    What's the latest anyone's voted? I've arrived at 2130 several times when commuting home late.

Never voted before work - polling stations weren't open before I left.
  • Options
    timmo said:

Anorak said:

My daughters just got to Victoria to come south but there are no trains...Similar at Waterloo.
    They will still be back by 8pm, no tube problems for me this evening
  • Options

London and Kent under a deluge. Got a friend who was due to attend a concert tonight but isn't going into London as he's worried the trains might be screwed for the return leg.

Did you manage to drown a couple of REMAINERS en route? Every little helps (TIC).
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,322
    My spy in rural Cumbria (very experienced at these things) describes the turnout as very high.
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

West Midlands
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

John_M said:

RobD said:

I'm tempted to take a nap for a hour or so before 10pm. I've been up since 0545 and just had a swig of Red Bull. It's so warm and humid here - it's soul sapping.
    Napped all afternoon, now about to go to the pub for a few and then a curry. Back in time to start shouting at the telly. Probably fall asleep mid-way through the action. Unlike when I was young in '97 and lasted the whole night.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,563
    Jobabob said:

Given the tropical weather, I have just started on the rum. I recommend it to TSE as a tonic, and to all fellow PBers.
    Wicked child! Drink is urine from the last leper in Hell!

And as a good Muslim boy, I don't drink alcohol.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@MrHarryCole: Boris: "From what I have heard and all the information is that turnout is good in areas where we need it to be."

Well he would say that, wouldn't he.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    PlatoSaid said:

What's the latest anyone's voted? I've arrived at 2130 several times when commuting home late.

Never voted before work - polling stations weren't open before I left.

In 2005 made it by the skin of my teeth after a nightmarish return journey from London. Not sure what time it was, but they were about to shut up shop.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,904
    So, no market moves following City exit polls so far then.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,086
    Scott_P said:

Jobabob said:

West Midlands
    How do you think Solihull will vote?
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    Polling station busy in Stockton on Tees.
  • Options

My spy in rural Cumbria (very experienced at these things) describes the turnout as very high.

Isn't Cumbria one of the top areas for LEAVE?
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,408
    Anecdote: my mother (staunch Conservative, member most of her life, leaning towards Leave but wavering thru the campaign because of Cameron and some of the risks) phoned to say she had voted for Remain. But thinks she is in a reasonably small minority judging from the comments of her neighbours in her semi-sheltered block.
  • Options

Essex also raining buckets, should be Leave heartland. Some Remain campaigners outside Epping tube tonight but we had IDS and Carswell down a fortnight ago. Though as Anorak says the rain should hopefully have passed in an hour or so
  • Options

Is this typical?

Eh? You mean they will be allowed to vote if they have a raffle ticket even if past time?
  • Options

Jobabob said:

You sound like a cheap date. Excellent :):D
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Lowlander said:

HYUFD said:

Lowlander said:

Who votes at 3pm?

Mums picking up their kids from school / collecting them from nursery.
    Yes, and a few OAPs, students and the unemployed and that is it. Most voters vote 7-9am or 5-10pm
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215
    Jonathan said:

So, no market moves following City exit polls so far then.

IG Index still showing £ up 107 points against the $.
  • Options

Do you mean Shirley? :)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    weejonnie said:

Scott_P said:

Well he would say that, wouldn't he.
    That'll be places that Boris wouldn't live in a thousand years...
  • Options
    sarissasarissa Posts: 1,800
    Just cast my vote in my city centre ward of Edinburgh SW - shocked at the low turnout so far. looked to be no more than 20-25% up to now, way down on 2015GE at roughly the same time.
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    weejonnie said:

Did you manage to drown a couple of REMAINERS en route? Every little helps (TIC).
    If only there were any round here!
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,086
    Scott_P said:

Do you mean Shirley? :)
    I grew up in Shirley!
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,994

Is this typical?

Eh? You mean they will be allowed to vote if they have a raffle ticket even if past time?
    Standard electoral commission rules

"Polling must close at 10pm, but any eligible electors who at 10 pm are in their polling station, or in a queue outside their polling station for the purposes of voting must be allowed to vote."
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    I voted at just about exactly 3pm. I'd been to the gym for a late lunch and the polling station was just down the road.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,052
    Nice weather in Cardiff. Just saying.
  • Options

timmo said:

Chameleon said:

Im hearing 1.30 onwards.
    Timetable:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/23/referendum-night-when-to-nap-and-the-results-to-watch?CMP=share_btn_tw

Early stuff in NE should give us some clues.
    Someone will get over 100,000 in Sunderland - can feel it in my bones.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,062

Is this typical?

In Banana republics , Yes
  • Options

Is this typical?

Yes, because they arrived at the polling place before 10pm.
  • Options
    Joe Watts
    For an out of London perspective, from @MENnewsdesk https://t.co/1TgxBCFB1s
  • Options

I voted at just about exactly 3pm. I'd been to the gym for a late lunch and the polling station was just down the road.

Was it brisk or quiet ?
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,403

Jobabob said:

No Good Wife spoilers pls @TSE!!!
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,691
    It looks like YouGov is doing a 'proper' exit poll - I saw someone in a YouGov T-shirt talking to voters outside a polling station. Wakefield council area.
  • Options

Is this typical?

"Polling must close at 10pm, but any eligible electors who at 10 pm are in their polling station, or in a queue outside their polling station for the purposes of voting must be allowed to vote."
    This could delay counting in some areas by a bit.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,322
    Right. Off to vote. There'll be a lot of happy Leavers around here in about twelve hours, and after that politics will get interesting.
  • Options
    The FTSE rose back from its lunchtime dip and is now treading water in the out-of-hours market. £/$ is climbing slowly from its lunchtime dip but not back to this morning's level. Things look quiet on the price graphs, but the lags on the trading site suggests that an abnormally large amount of positions are being placed and closed today
  • Options

Is this typical?

This could delay counting in some areas by a bit.
    Yep, although it depends how much higher turnout is than GE. And not forgetting these are far easier ballots to count.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    @Pulpstar "steady" was the word used, I seem to recall.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    Evening all.

Civic duty done, :lol: - quite a busy day by all accounts but now raining cats and dogs (again)!
  • Options

Cumbria is in the top ten most eurosceptic council districts according to the Yougov interactive in yesterdays Mail
  • Options
    OUT said:

Iqbal_M said:

Junkie and Polish.
    Low turnout in Scotland. Excellent.
  • Options

Right. Off to vote. There'll be a lot of happy Leavers around here in about twelve hours, and after that politics will get interesting.

BF holding steady at 6.2
  • Options

Jobabob said:

A good enough Muslim boy to be fasting for Ramadan on midsummer's day? I'm just back from a work Iftar.
  • Options
    VerulamiusVerulamius Posts: 1,437
    Currently at Blackfriars waiting for a train home to vote. Announcement that next train to Sutton was at harpenden and would arrive in 45mins.
  • Options

BF holding steady at 6.2
    OGH hasn't been tweeting...... *innocent face*
  • Options
    VerulamiusVerulamius Posts: 1,437
    Monument station was closed as I went through so lots of problems on the tubes and trains around London
  • Options
    Guidos quiz says that I am Nigel Farage
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

nunu said:

malcolmg said:

sun shining at least
    I don't mind, for me I want a fairer society and not an elite few deciding everything and pocketing all the cash. On almost every indicator the UK is bottom of the heap, an unhappy , obese , ill divided dump.
    When these robbers are taking 150 times average wage and wrecking the country something is far wrong.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Sandpit said:

Jobabob said:

A good enough Muslim boy to be fasting for Ramadan on midsummer's day? I'm just back from a work Iftar.
    Is it on Mecca time, given how late sunset is? If not, it must be awful for the folks in the arctic circle :D
  • Options

Is this typical?

Yes, if they are in the queue at 10pm.
  • Options
    DanSmithDanSmith Posts: 1,215
    nunu said:

OUT said:

Iqbal_M said:

Junkie and Polish.
    Low turnout in Scotland. Excellent.
    Seeing reports that turnout in Catholic areas of NI is low.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    edited June 2016
    Pulpstar said:

Danny565 said:

We can die happy in the knowledge that we kept @SeanT 's equity high in his Primrose Hill Flat ;)
    :dizzy:

Let me just go and see if I can change my vote...
  • Options
    sarissa said:

Just cast my vote in my city centre ward of Edinburgh SW - shocked at the low turnout so far. looked to be no more than 20-25% up to now, way down on 2015GE at roughly the same time.

Scottish voter fatigue! Woohoo!
  • Options
    Paul_BedfordshirePaul_Bedfordshire Posts: 3,632
    edited June 2016
    There won't alas for remain be any extra boxes of completed ballots appearing. GCHQs basement has flooded :D

http://order-order.com/2016/06/23/referendum-day-cchq-leak/
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    malcolmg said:

Is this typical?

In Banana republics , Yes
    Follows the rule change post-2010 when people in some northern towns turned up at the last minute and were denied the opportunity to participate in Cleggmania due to the queues....
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,020
    RobD said:

Sandpit said:

Jobabob said:

Is it on Mecca time, given how late sunset is? If not, it must be awful for the folks in the arctic circle :D
    Nope its on local time....
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Scott_P said:

Evening all.

Southern England
  • Options
    A bit OT.. we were talking about auto balancing on betfair yesterday. If it is done, why isn't the same amount of money available on both Remain and Leave?
This discussion has been closed.