Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Boris’s flexible approach to the truth appears to be catchi

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,534
    edited May 2016
    Ferfuxake, that's ruined my thread for tomorrow

https://twitter.com/georgegalloway/status/731539731704627204
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    JackW said:

TSE As Guest Editor Of PB
    Was Racked With Nerves For All To See
    For A Polling Embargo
    Caused An Ejaculation No Show
    And His Red Shoes Were All A Go Go

A sartorial young man of PB,
    Sat posting while eating his tea,
    He was embargoed
    So backwards he rode
    And the ComRes was nowhere to see.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985

I have just been phoned by a pollster for the first time in my life. Ipsos Mori...

1. Saying I voted independent last election confused them cos of my being in the people's republic of bercow and so couldn't vote blue, red or orange.

You have my sympathies.... :D
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    Scott_P said:

@georgegalloway: After discussions with my friends in the labour movement I've decided not to run in Tooting. The dangers of a Tory victory are too great.

They're not paying his deposit.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,848

GIN1138 said:

Good lord. Benedict is back.

Maybe James Burdett, SallyC, Ted and GrumpyOldMan/Coldstone will be next? :smiley:
    Coldstone is on a mission with his crack team of Gas Board special forces.
    I miss Coldstone/GrumpyOldMan... No matter how bad my day had been I could always guarantee his day had been even worse. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    JackW said:

For A Polling Embargo

Shouldn't you and Mrs Jack W be starting your Candle Light Supper around now on a Saturday night? :smiley:
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,278
    Scott_P said:

@georgegalloway: After discussions with my friends in the labour movement I've decided not to run in Tooting. The dangers of a Tory victory are too great.

How will the nation cope?
  • Options
    Hello darkness my old friend...
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    edited May 2016

Scott_P said:

How will the nation cope?
    Very well... and very glad he will not stand.. the HOC will be much the better without him.... that said highly unlikely he could win.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,232
    I'll say this for Ashcroft, he sticks by his memes.

https://twitter.com/LordAshcroft/status/731548638565040129
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

For A Polling Embargo

Shouldn't you and Mrs Jack W be starting your Candle Light Supper around now on a Saturday night? :smiley:
    Mrs JackW is otherwise engaged overseas .... :sunglasses:
  • Options

I'll say this for Ashcroft, he sticks by his memes.

https://twitter.com/LordAshcroft/status/731548638565040129

LOOOOOL! :smiley:
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    To address OGH's main point, will the Conservatives want a Daniel Cleaver or a Mark Darcy? I'm betting they'll eventually opt for Mr Darcy.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

For A Polling Embargo

And here was me thinking Mrs Jack W wouldn't get involved in anything as lower middle class as going to Sweeden to see Eurovision! :open_mouth:
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,951

Has always amused me that Piers Gaveston has caused both Boris Johnson and David Cameron so much grief.

The fact that they should belong to a society named in honour of the supposed homosexual lover of King Edward II has put them up in my estimation. According to wiki the society's motto is '(Sane) non memini ne audisse unum alterum ita dilixisse' which roughly translates as 'Truly, none remember hearing of a man enjoying another so much'

Neither of them were members, my friends who attended Oxford say the Ashcroft story was bollocks, there was no way you could be concurrently members of The Piers Gaveston Society and the Bullingdon Club.
    Piers Gave was thought terribly arriviste when I was there.
  • Options
    Boris Johnson is trusted to tell the truth about Europe by twice as many voters as trust David Cameron, according to a ComRes poll for The Independent. By a two-to-one margin, 45 per cent to 21 per cent, voters say that Mr Johnson is “more likely to tell the truth about the EU” than Mr Cameron.

By a smaller margin, 39 per cent to 24 per cent, campaigners for Leave generally are considered “more likely to tell the truth” than campaigners for Remain.

The shock finding will dismay the Prime Minister after a week in which he warned of possible “conflict” in Europe as a result of Brexit, and the Bank and England and IMF warned of the danger of recession.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-is-trusted-by-twice-as-many-voters-as-david-cameron-to-tell-truth-about-eu-a7029476.html
  • Options
    BenedictWhiteBenedictWhite Posts: 1,944
    Not the worlds biggest surprise since Cameron has gone from "We'd be fine outside" "If I don't get what I want I'll recommend leave" to "Apocalypse now"

Boris may be many things but if the public don't know or care it doesn't matter.
  • Options
    JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

For A Polling Embargo

While the cat's away...
  • Options
    Con + UKIP = 53%?

Where is Polly's "progressive majority" now? :smiley:
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

For A Polling Embargo

And here was me thinking Mrs Jack W wouldn't get involved in anything as lower middle class as going to Sweeden to see Eurovision! :open_mouth:
    Unlikely ... unless Sweden have suddenly annexed Paris !! .... :smile:
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,317
    edited May 2016

Boris Johnson is trusted to tell the truth about Europe by twice as many voters as trust David Cameron, according to a ComRes poll for The Independent. By a two-to-one margin, 45 per cent to 21 per cent, voters say that Mr Johnson is “more likely to tell the truth about the EU” than Mr Cameron.

By a smaller margin, 39 per cent to 24 per cent, campaigners for Leave generally are considered “more likely to tell the truth” than campaigners for Remain.

The shock finding will dismay the Prime Minister after a week in which he warned of possible “conflict” in Europe as a result of Brexit, and the Bank and England and IMF warned of the danger of recession.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-is-trusted-by-twice-as-many-voters-as-david-cameron-to-tell-truth-about-eu-a7029476.html

Seeing that Boris's every utterance on the subject is directly contradicted by an earlier one the truth has got to be in there somewhere.
  • Options

Ouch,

That has got to hurt. Having Piers Corbyn more believable simply for being a leaver.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha cont to page 94.
  • Options
    JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

For A Polling Embargo

Are you fitting another shoe rack to go with her 5000 other pairs? ;)
  • Options

Seeing that Boris's every utterance on the subject is directly contradicted by an earlier one the truth has got to be in there somewhere.
    And the leaders of Remain have had a constant position on what exactly?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Before the smearing Leavers get all confused again, Lord Cooper founded and works for Populus, not ComRes.

Amusingly, I wrote something similar a few weeks ago.

On the crucial question of prosperity, though, more voters say they would be “personally better off” if Britain remained in the EU, 33 per cent, than if it left, 29 per cent. This four-point advantage for the Remain side on the economy has increased slightly from a two-point lead in February......
    .....A No 10 source told The Independent that the “Stronger In” campaign’s polling, carried out by Lord Cooper, the former Conservative pollster, suggested that the fundamentals of public opinion favour a vote for EU membership. Drawing a distinction between the headline numbers and the “equities” of opinion polls, the source said: “On risk and the economy, public opinion is moving heavily in our direction.”
  • Options

Well perhaps if he stopped coming out with complete bollocks he would have less reason to be dismayed.
    He really is a complete gimboid*
    *© Arnold J Rimmer
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,290
    What are the numbers for Remain and Leave?

We seem to have every other number other than the most important ones?
  • Options
    MikeL said:

They haven't asked that one.
  • Options

Before the smearing Leavers get all confused again, Lord Cooper founded and works for Populus, not ComRes.

Amusingly, I wrote something similar a few weeks ago.

A No 10 source told The Independent that the “Stronger In” campaign’s polling, carried out by Lord Cooper, the former Conservative pollster, suggested that the fundamentals of public opinion favour a vote for EU membership. Drawing a distinction between the headline numbers and the “equities” of opinion polls, the source said: “On risk and the economy, public opinion is moving heavily in our direction.”

Like a number ten "source" is going to say anything else at this stage of the campaign?
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    edited May 2016

Ouch,

That has got to hurt. Having Piers Corbyn more believable simply for being a leaver.

:lol::lol::lol:

We're all DOOMED!!

Is that the sound of air escaping from the Remain balloon?
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    No referendum voting intention figure. Unbelievable!
  • Options
    RoyalBlue said:

No referendum voting intention figure. Unbelievable!

No, they've explained why, it is very believable.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

For A Polling Embargo

I might stretch to a new rack .... but only for Auchentennach Castle dungeon .... :smile:

• Options

Well perhaps if he stopped coming out with complete bollocks he would have less reason to be dismayed.
    He really is a complete gimboid*
    *© Arnold J Rimmer
    I would have thought you'd have gone for Smeghead.
  • Options

Ouch,

This is the killer:

"The poll also finds that by a large majority, 57 per cent to 27 per cent, people believe that “the British government could control Britain’s borders better if it left the EU” than by staying."

Been discussing EU ref with a few family over last couple of days. Despite most of them being Remain, all feel Leave will win because migration is the trump card. I have to agree.
  • Options
    JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

For A Polling Embargo

I might stretch to a new rack .... but only for Auchentennach Castle dungeon .... :smile:

Expecting Mr Whittingdale to visit?
  • Options
    The_TaxmanThe_Taxman Posts: 2,979
    Interestingly, If the UK opts for Brexit it may mean that a recession in the UK causes the economy to be surpassed by the French economy. So, goodbye 5th largest economy if Brexit occurs! I just cannot understand why Rich people want to be poor for the sake of sovereignty? Funny things these out types. Just like the chap I spoke to on holiday where he was an Immigrant from the UK living in Spain and all he wanted to do was talk about the immigrants that lived in his own town. These people just don't see the stupidity in their outlook.
  • Options
    JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

For A Polling Embargo

Can we get Boy George to be the first one to try it out? ;)
  • Options

And the leaders of Remain have had a constant position on what exactly?
    Winning.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,290
    edited May 2016

MikeL said:

OK - thanks!

But seems odd - surely that is the most important thing.

OK - rest of poll may well be interesting but surely we want the overall numbers?
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Interestingly, If the UK opts for Brexit it may mean that a recession in the UK causes the economy to be surpassed by the French economy. So, goodbye 5th largest economy if Brexit occurs! I just cannot understand why Rich people want to be poor for the sake of sovereignty? Funny things these out types. Just like the chap I spoke to on holiday where he was an Immigrant from the UK living in Spain and all he wanted to do was talk about the immigrants that lived in his own town. These people just don't see the stupidity in their outlook.

Because principles quite a lot; and the EU doesn't have any?

Oh, and no one who called the people he disagrees with by the dismissive 'these people' has ever had much electoral success...
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    Leave seems to be making gains across the board.
  • Options
    That seems quiite a personal attack by OGH. I wonder if Boris has ever promised not to raise tuition fees.

if Boris real surname is Kemal, is he by any chance related to Mustapha Kemal (ataturk) who famously Turkexited Turkey from the supranational Ottoman Empire, destroying it in the process.

Boris Atabritain lol.
  • Options

Ouch,

This is the killer:

"The poll also finds that by a large majority, 57 per cent to 27 per cent, people believe that “the British government could control Britain’s borders better if it left the EU” than by staying."

Been discussing EU ref with a few family over last couple of days. Despite most of them being Remain, all feel Leave will win because migration is the trump card. I have to agree.
    The margins between Leave and Remain are YUGE on trust and borders. I'm gaping. :smiley:
  • Options

JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

For A Polling Embargo

Expecting Mr Whittingdale to visit?
    A spanking good idea ....
    GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

For A Polling Embargo

Can we get Boy George to be the first one to try it out? ;)
    That would add to the dungeon a sense of karma .... karma karma chameleon
  • Options
    Speedy said:

After all those ex-US Defence bods and various Great & Good security chiefs - and WAR!!!

Remain have thrown everything at the wall, and none of it is sticking... Perhaps it's all stuck in the fan?
  • Options

That seems quiite a personal attack by OGH. I wonder if Boris has ever promised not to raise tuition fees.

if Boris real surname is Kemal, is he by any chance related to Mustapha Kemal (ataturk) who famously Turkexited Turkey from the supranational Ottoman Empire, destroying it in the process.

Boris Atabritain lol.

I don't really care about the personal attacks.
    2 articles from the Guardian and one from the Economist against Boris is hardy an abnormality.

I personally like Boris regardless of what his detractors say, he has a non-eventful record as Mayor of London and has always seemed harmless, which is a rarity for a Tory.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,867

I guess there are some of us for whom being £100 richer or poorer isn't of great importance. Shocking, I know.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

This is the choice in a nutshell. Which way will people fall? As a gloomy remainer, I think migration will trump.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,969

Boris Atabritain lol.

I don't actually read this as a personal attack. Boris has a fair few major flaws and clearly trust is one of them. As I said earlier Boris's reputation with the public at large is clearly an asset to Leave. But the longer the campaign goes on and the more flaky he appears the less of an asset he becomes.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,362
    Eurovision.... must... have... Eurovision...
  • Options
    Speedy said:

But every single thread here for weeks has been about how terrible things are/have been/will be for LEAVE? ;)
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059

I have just been phoned by a pollster for the first time in my life. Ipsos Mori...

1. Saying I voted independent last election confused them cos of my being in the people's republic of bercow and so couldn't vote blue, red or orange.

2. Expect a surge to remain from tory voters.

3. Corbyn is very satisfactory but not ready to be PM.

4. Interesting Qs on Europe including Dave vs Boris quotes re European war risk and also how satisfied I am with QE2, Charles and William.

The Mail I presume???

No, it'll be the Ipsos Mori poll for The Evening Standard, that'll come out next Wednesdayish
    thanks - they'll be pleased as punch as it was the standard I've read most out of their list they gave me too...
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    GIN1138 said:

Speedy said:

But every single thread here for weeks has been about how terrible things are/have been/will be for LEAVE? ;)
    There will be one about this poll explaining why it's terrible news for Leave. Because reasons
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    GIN1138 said:

Speedy said:

Only if you ignore the ones the ones that haven't.

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2016/05/01/greater-love-hath-no-man-than-this-that-he-lay-down-his-friends-for-his-life/

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2016/04/24/remains-long-term-problems/
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,941
    Very hard to see Leave losing from here. Dave has reaped what he sowed.
  • Options
    MrsBMrsB Posts: 574
    Remember this? http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/19/scottish-independence-opinion-polls-referendum-vote

I think the noise being made by Leave is creating shy Remainers, just as happened in Scotland. At an IN street stall today got told by some of the public they were nervous to say they were voting IN becaus of the attitude of those who are voting OUT who can be quite aggressive and overwhelming.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,657
    Sunil - you should have changed the banner to read "Welcome to the UK" so that it looks like a 'swarm' entering the country.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited May 2016
    Cameron's trust level with 45+ groups ranges from 15% to 17%.

His best demographics are Lib Dems and 18-24s.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985

twitter.com/Sunil_P2/status/731240757227573248

Sunil - you should have changed the banner to read "Welcome to the UK" so that it looks like a 'swarm' entering the country.
    or just "UK Border"
  • Options

Boris Atabritain lol.

I don't actually read this as a personal attack. Boris has a fair few major flaws and clearly trust is one of them. As I said earlier Boris's reputation with the public at large is clearly an asset to Leave. But the longer the campaign goes on and the more flaky he appears the less of an asset he becomes.
    Given Boris has double the Trust rating of Cameron - surely he can lose a few points and still be yards ahead.

I happen to think he's a great campaigning asset - he energises and cheers people up wherever he goes - a Feel Good politician. That's much more attractive than Doom.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Oh, and no one who called the people he disagrees with by the dismissive 'these people' has ever had much electoral success...
    Equally, the people who hate immigrants such as the BNP or UKIP have hardly won hundreds of parliamentary seats either?!
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    If telling the truth mattered there is no way Cameron would have got the job

e.g. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nine-lies-david-cameron-told-6211553
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,317

Ouch,

This is the killer:

That immigration finding is a bit bizarre. I'd have thought Leave would have a majority of 100% to 0%. It's indisputable that being a member of the EU club incurs some diminishing of immigration control. The question is: are people prepared to tolerate that if the other advantages outweigh it? Almost definitely.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,194

Boris Atabritain lol.

I reckon one point where he could be an asset is on the 10 o'clock news on 22 June. If he can give a rousing speech it might make a bit of a difference.
  • Options

Mortimer said:

Equally, the people who hate immigrants such as the BNP or UKIP have hardly won hundreds of parliamentary seats either?!
    I see principles don't have much resonance with you? It's all about money, and not liking 'these people', right?
  • Options
    Indigo said:

If telling the truth mattered there is no way Cameron would have got the job

e.g. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nine-lies-david-cameron-told-6211553

If Boris has a trust issue, it's largely men worried he'd seduce their wives :wink:
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,957

Speedy said:

After all those ex-US Defence bods and various Great & Good security chiefs - and WAR!!!

Remain have thrown everything at the wall, and none of it is sticking... Perhaps it's all stuck in the fan?
    Dave may not have 3 shredded wheat for breakfast. But he makes sure to get two dozen eggs into every pudding.
  • Options
    Paul_BedfordshirePaul_Bedfordshire Posts: 3,632
    edited May 2016

GIN1138 said:

Speedy said:

There will be one about this poll explaining why it's terrible news for Leave. Because reasons
    Maybe the editor needs to have a word with Harry Enfield and get his character Swiss Johnny to do an artilcle.

Cleaning a car is like making love to a beautiful woman which is terrible news for leave.....
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,097

Very hard to see Leave losing from here. Dave has reaped what he sowed.

It is not that hard actually, it is hard though to see Remain winning convincingly
  • Options
    MrsB said:

Remember this? http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/19/scottish-independence-opinion-polls-referendum-vote

I think the noise being made by Leave is creating shy Remainers, just as happened in Scotland. At an IN street stall today got told by some of the public they were nervous to say they were voting IN becaus of the attitude of those who are voting OUT who can be quite aggressive and overwhelming.

Yep, those shy international institutions, heads of states and govts, and the CinC of the US....
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,941

Speedy said:

This is the choice in a nutshell. Which way will people fall? As a gloomy remainer, I think migration will trump.

Yep, I've always thought Leave would win on the back of immigration. If the government tells you there are too many immigrants, they are ruining public services, scrounging benefits and driving down wages you are going to believe them. Dave can't turn round now and say that actually it isn't true, so he's going to lose.

• Options
    MrsB said:

There will always be a bit of that, and sometimes it will be both ways. Some people are genuinely shy about which way they will vote.

I don't think though that we are in Cyber nat territory though.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I wonder what all the new arrivals in Sweden, Greece and Germany are making of Eurovision :sweat_smile:

EDIT - and it's being shown in the USA for the first time!
  • Options
    ABs are more likely to be wrong in understanding the net position on the UK's EU budget contribution than DE's.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

MikeL said:

Since personal prosperity is better with REMAIN, it will always win. No need to change the 58 - 42 prediction. DKs will heavily fall in line with REMAIN.
  • Options
    I am not sure if it was commented on earlier but one of my medical colleagues will be Labours PPC in Tooting:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/may/14/junior-doctor-rosena-allin-khan-selected-labour-candidate-tooting

Though I think she is Consultant not a junior doc.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

I guess there are some of us for whom being £100 richer or poorer isn't of great importance. Shocking, I know.
    Where do you get the figure of £100 from, just out of interest?

Money might not mean much to you or many of the rich people who seem to want to stop the march of progress. But humanity has transitioned from smaller communities to larger ones throughout the evolution of the human race. The technology and potential for productivity gains in the future lies in singularity not individuality in terms of government. You may not like it but it is going to happen with or without us. I would rather be richer with less control, than poorer with no control.
  • Options
    MrsB said:

Surely that reluctance would show up in anonymous internet polling?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,957

Speedy said:

Yep, I've always thought Leave would win on the back of immigration. If the government tells you there are too many immigrants, they are ruining public services, scrounging benefits and driving down wages you are going to believe them. Dave can't turn round now and say that actually it isn't true, so he's going to lose.

As I said, Dave can't resist sticking too many eggs into his "Immigrant delight" pudding.
  • Options

Speedy said:

Same argument can be made of sovereignty. For too long politicians have been hiding behind the excuse of another layer of government.

It will be hilarious seeing establishment pols actually able to change things, and so have to take the flak when they don't....
  • Options

MrsB said:

There will always be a bit of that, and sometimes it will be both ways. Some people are genuinely shy about which way they will vote.

If anything I would expect shy leavers since the whole of polite society is pro remain .
  • Options
    Here we go!
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Where do you get the figure of £100 from, just out of interest?

Money might not mean much to you or many of the rich people who seem to want to stop the march of progress. But humanity has transitioned from smaller communities to larger ones throughout the evolution of the human race. The technology and potential for productivity gains in the future lies in singularity not individuality in terms of government. You may not like it but it is going to happen with or without us. I would rather be richer with less control, than poorer with no control.
    Well, the good news is that false choice isn't available at this election.

Any more straw men you would like me to rip apart?
  • Options
    chestnut said:

Cameron's trust level with 45+ groups ranges from 15% to 17%.

His best demographics are Lib Dems and 18-24s.

Those are truly Nick Clegg numbers (apart from the students).
  • Options

I am not sure if it was commented on earlier but one of my medical colleagues will be Labours PPC in Tooting:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/may/14/junior-doctor-rosena-allin-khan-selected-labour-candidate-tooting

Though I think she is Consultant not a junior doc.

Is she a Corbynista? Or someone who actually wants to win power and change things?
  • Options
    surbiton said:

MikeL said:

Since personal prosperity is better with REMAIN, it will always win. No need to change the 58 - 42 prediction. DKs will heavily fall in line with REMAIN.
    You're misreading the numbers.

33% think they will be worse off. That means 67% don't.
  • Options

I wonder what all the new arrivals in Sweden, Greece and Germany are making of Eurovision :sweat_smile:

EDIT - and it's being shown in the USA for the first time!

I have a couple of quid on Ukraine. Although looks like Au is causing the stir.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

ABs are more likely to be wrong in understanding the net position on the UK's EU budget contribution than DE's.

How interesting. Does that include how much we pay or our relative contributions?
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    edited May 2016
    GIN1138 said:

Con + UKIP = 53%?

Where is Polly's "progressive majority" now? :smiley:
    This clearly shows the post GE polling "adjustments" have gone awry. We know the position now is about equal according to whichever NEV you care to look at.

Another point: It has pointed out with some justification that Labour piles on votes where it does not need and not where it does need them.

The 1% lead in LE 2016 has been analysed further. The swing to Labour since GE2015 has been:

South 3.2%, Midlands, 2% , North -1%.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Speedy said:

Only if you ignore the ones the ones that haven't.

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2016/05/01/greater-love-hath-no-man-than-this-that-he-lay-down-his-friends-for-his-life/

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2016/04/24/remains-long-term-problems/
    Two out of the last hundred?
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    MrsB said:

I distinctly detect the sound of some whistling to keep up their spirits ;)
  • Options

Speedy said:

For a long time before Michael Howard suggested you might not be a card carrying member of the BNP the public have been telling politicians it was already too much. Eventually they listened to keep votes. Cameron et al could have told everyone it wasn't a problem, He may not have got a majority.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

MikeL said:

Yet another hostage to fortune. If it is leave then 24th June might be more delicious on here than 9th May last year...

Interesting that most Leavers are actually quite cautious. I've only just begun to believe it might happen. Remainers meanwhile seem willing to call it so far out, and dismiss everything else as valid bilge.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Speedy said:

As I said, Dave can't resist sticking too many eggs into his "Immigrant delight" pudding.
    The yolks on him tonight.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,097

MrsB said:

If anything I would expect shy leavers since the whole of polite society is pro remain .
    Polite society was generally pro Union too, the man on the street does not mix in polite society, they are confronted by forceful Yes and Leave campaigners
This discussion has been closed.