Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Undefined discussion subject.

Comments

• Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Pulpstar said:

Sky News projecting SNP Majority of 7.

No chance lol
    I don't understand why?

SNP are currently also being reported as +3 on their seats so far, so why is there no chance?
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,978
    Huge vote in Scotland for tax cutting parties that oppose raising top rate to 50 pence. First time since 1955 that the Tories have won more votes than Labour there.
  • Options
    blackburn63blackburn63 Posts: 4,492
    SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

A couple of observations re the Conservatives.

I've always liked Zac Goldsmith but I'm amazed he stooped so low in his campaign, it seems to me that his heart wasn't really in it looking at the silly staged photo of him with a pint. He's finished which is a shame.

Congratulations to Ruth Davidson, an extraordinary achievement. Standing in a safe seat is child's play, swimming upstream as she has done is challenging and she has proved her worth, the type of politician I would support.

Davidson is a potential Tory leader in London, if she ever wants the gig. Naturally gifted politician.
    I really hope she isn't poached. Scotland (or Wales for that matter), shouldn't be some sort of gestation pod where politicians are developed, only to be removed once they actually achieve something.
    I think she's said she'd never take the job in London. But given the opportunity to play on a much bigger stage...
    Just looked at her wiki page, very good, she's had proper jobs from an ordinary background.

Bizarrely the page mentions she's a "lesbian", I wonder if that would count against her in the Shires and certain ethnic communities.
  • Options
    If Goldsmith had publicised Ms Hopkin's intentions yesterday, I might have voted for him against all my instincts.
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    Found out the reason of delay in Vale of Glamorgan: bundle check allowed by returning officer after Conservative requesting for a recount
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,995

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

I've always liked Zac Goldsmith but I'm amazed he stooped so low in his campaign, it seems to me that his heart wasn't really in it looking at the silly staged photo of him with a pint. He's finished which is a shame.

Congratulations to Ruth Davidson, an extraordinary achievement. Standing in a safe seat is child's play, swimming upstream as she has done is challenging and she has proved her worth, the type of politician I would support.

Davidson is a potential Tory leader in London, if she ever wants the gig. Naturally gifted politician.
    I really hope she isn't poached. Scotland (or Wales for that matter), shouldn't be some sort of gestation pod where politicians are developed, only to be removed once they actually achieve something.
    I think she's said she'd never take the job in London. But given the opportunity to play on a much bigger stage...
    Just looked at her wiki page, very good, she's had proper jobs from an ordinary background.

Bizarrely the page mentions she's a "lesbian", I wonder if that would count against her in the Shires and certain ethnic communities.
    Heh, why is "lesbian" in quotation marks? She most definitely is, walked in to the count proudly with her partner.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Ruth Davidson's next gig is for Remain. She is very astute.
  • Options
    RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Heh, why is "lesbian" in quotation marks? She most definitely is, walked in to the count proudly with her partner.
    Not sure why it is bizarre either?

I think Ruth is very well respected amongst the Tory membership and I can't see anyone holding that against her.
  • Options

RobD said:

Yep.... one of the reasons I prefer good old FPTP ;)

I think you're the first SNP supporter to join us today, what are your thoughts?

Some of us were at the electoral coalface, the glamour of which wears off pretty quickly.

Disappointing that the SNP looks like not getting a majority, though in a George Best 'where did it all go wrong' kinda way. Good that Andy Wightman got a list place, he'd be an asset to any parliament.

Longer term it looks like Unionism is coalescing around centre right Toryism, and Indy round centre left 'progressiveness' which clarifies things. That leaves an ever more restricted space for SLab to live in. I expect they'll do yet another reverse ferret on the policies that helped them lose their latest test and end up further confusing themselves and voters.

Fingers crossed for Coburn.

The SNP will need to start acting like a centre left party now, though, if that is to be the case.

• Options
    Cardiff North - Lab hold. 9% majority
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,883

It has been a poor night for the Tories in Wales.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Wowzer.

SNP underperformed the polls. They now own the Labour lazy voters.

Serious anti-SNP tactical voting, haven't done the numbers but it looks like amazing voter efficiency for the notSNP and a serious collapse in the SNP vote efficiency from 2011.

Willie Rennie winning, blimey.

Both my constituency tips completely busted - apologies to anyone who followed me.
  • Options
    RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Because as I previously said, it is "bizarre" that it should even be mentioned.

You might be interested in people's sexuality, I'm not.
  • Options

RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

It just looked ridiculous, that's all.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

No chance lol
    I don't understand why?

SNP are currently also being reported as +3 on their seats so far, so why is there no chance?
    List vote for SNP won't be high enough to pickup enough list seats to get there. Good chance they might not even get to a majority now.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    Alistair said:

Wowzer.

Serious anti-SNP tactical voting, haven't done the numbers but it looks like amazing voter efficiency for the notSNP and a serious collapse in the SNP vote efficiency from 2011.

Both my constituency tips completely busted - apologies to anyone who followed me.

Red ink for you my friend !
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,299
    edited May 2016

Some of us were at the electoral coalface, the glamour of which wears off pretty quickly.

Disappointing that the SNP looks like not getting a majority, though in a George Best 'where did it all go wrong' kinda way. Good that Andy Wightman got a list place, he'd be an asset to any parliament.

Longer term it looks like Unionism is coalescing around centre right Toryism, and Indy round centre left 'progressiveness' which clarifies things. That leaves an ever more restricted space for SLab to live in. I expect they'll do yet another reverse ferret on the policies that helped them lose their latest test and end up further confusing themselves and voters.

The SNP will need to start acting like a centre left party now, though, if that is to be the case.

If what is to be the case?
  • Options

Nothing to do with being astute, she supports Remain, that's about belief not being astute.

What you're saying is if somebody agrees with you they're astute.

I'm saying I admire and respect somebody in a party I don't like - can you see the difference?

• Options
    Many thanks to whoever the poster was that tipped the SCON to come second bet.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Contact wiki then
  • Options

If what is to be the case?

If independence is to be a left right issue.

• Options
    The Tory group in the Highlands & Islands looked pretty happy!
  • Options
    SNP got 3 list seats in Highland last time...I think they didn't gain any constituencies there tonight. So they can confirm them
    They should confirm their NE seat too
    They got 4 in South of Scotland. Did they do any gains there?
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Contact wiki then
    The quotation marks you used looked ridiculous.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Contact wiki then
    I think he means it looked ridiculous you putting it into quotation marks. I doubt Wiki did.
  • Options

Nothing to do with being astute, she supports Remain, that's about belief not being astute.

What you're saying is if somebody agrees with you they're astute.

I'm saying I admire and respect somebody in a party I don't like - can you see the difference?

Just pointing out that such an astute person will be quite an asset to Remain.

I admire and respect Ruth too, though do not like her party. I am not sure that there is any difference to see.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Pong said:

Looks like there'll be plenty for the Stupid party's useful idiots to latch onto from the results. So Corbyn will remain in place to lead them to catastrophe in 2020.

It's looks to me like Sadiq Khan could well end up as leader of the sane wing of the labour party in the medium/long term.

40/1 to replace Corbyn....
    Sadie Khan's big problem is that you have to be in Parliament to be Labour leader. Unless there's a coup immediately, he won't be.
    Why make that assumption?

I know he has *said* he will step down as MP for Tooting, but I can easily see "I've consulted widely in the party and with my constituents...the overwhelming desire is that...rest assured....I will fight with every bone in my body, day and night...to stand up for the people of London and the residents of Tooting"
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Contact wiki then
    Haha! You young tory kids love trying play the man don't you, keep digging.

The page doesn't mention she has size 5 feet or brown eyes, I find it bizarre it should mention she's a lesbian, why is it important?

I've already stated I would support her, stop making yourself look like a child.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

No chance lol
    I don't understand why?

List vote for SNP won't be high enough to pickup enough list seats to get there. Good chance they might not even get to a majority now.
    Why if SNP are ahead on a like-to-like comparison so far would they not get enough list seats this time?
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Contact wiki then

The page doesn't mention she has size 5 feet or brown eyes, I find it bizarre it should mention she's a lesbian, why is it important?

I've already stated I would support her, stop making yourself look like a child.
    Because it's interesting to some people, that's why it is important. Don't forget Wiki is global and globally a lesbian party leader is unusual enough to be mentioned.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Pong said:

Looks like there'll be plenty for the Stupid party's useful idiots to latch onto from the results. So Corbyn will remain in place to lead them to catastrophe in 2020.

It's looks to me like Sadiq Khan could well end up as leader of the sane wing of the labour party in the medium/long term.

40/1 to replace Corbyn....
    Sadie Khan's big problem is that you have to be in Parliament to be Labour leader. Unless there's a coup immediately, he won't be.
    Why make that assumption?

I know he has *said* he will step down as MP for Tooting, but I can easily see "I've consulted widely in the party and with my constituents...the overwhelming desire is that...rest assured....I will fight with every bone in my body, day and night...to stand up for the people of London and the residents of Tooting"

Yep, Boris finessed it. He said he wouldn't be mayor and an MP, but changed his mind.

• Options

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Be dangerous territory for any UK-wide party to have a Scot as leader while the SNP are so strong as a Yes vote in a second referendum would defenestrate that leader.
    Not necessarily.

The Finance minister of the Czech Republic, for example, is a Slovak.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Contact wiki then
    I think he means it looked ridiculous you putting it into quotation marks. I doubt Wiki did.
    Nah, he saw my name and his instinct was to play the man.

You kids really are stupid, I praise a tory and you still have a pop.

Grow up the pair of you, you're like little boys with your yah boo nonsense
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Contact wiki then

For starters it's listed in the "personal life" section of her wikipedia article, right at the bottom. Secondly, homosexuals haven't exactly had the easiest of times in the past, so people in influential positions being out about their sexuality can be very powerful indeed. In an ideal world, I would agree with you, sexuality shouldn't play any part in this what so ever, but unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world (or, we can't make it ideal overnight by changing a few laws).
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Contact wiki then

I think you give yourself too much credit there!
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Contact wiki then

I'm not having a go at you so don't be so sensitive.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Contact wiki then

Because it's interesting to some people, that's why it is important. Don't forget Wiki is global and globally a lesbian party leader is unusual enough to be mentioned.
    Who is it interesting to?
  • Options
    Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire - Con hold. 14% majority
  • Options

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

In my experience the Shires are much more liberal about personal choices than you might expect! So long as she's discreet (to the same extent as a heterosexual would be expected to be) then no one cares.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Alistair said:

Wowzer.

Red ink for you my friend !
    It will be interesting to crunch the numbers on vote efficiency and how disproportionate the Glasgow effect is. Everywhere I looked initially I saw SNP vote share down, then I get to Glasgow and monstrous gains and wins.

The SNP values for the polling seems to have been badly overstated - I was expecting around 50 percent not around 45.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Contact wiki then

Well you picked up on it for starters. For me, I can't think of any other gay or lesbian party leaders we've had before so its noteworthy on that basis alone as SeanT just wrote.
  • Options

Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

No chance lol
    I don't understand why?

Why if SNP are ahead on a like-to-like comparison so far would they not get enough list seats this time?
    Suffering from wandering list votes, less people voting for them on the list on the assumption they have it locked up than last time.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Contact wiki then

I agree. You made a generous remark about Davidson and a reasonable point about wiki.

Enough already.
    Wow! @SeanT tells someone to hold back on the snarky comments :)
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    Gents..someones sexual preference is not even remotely important..get over it..
  • Options
    Peter Whittle, the Ukip candidate in London, is gay.
  • Options

Well you picked up on it for starters. For me, I can't think of any other gay or lesbian party leaders we've had before so its noteworthy on that basis alone as SeanT just wrote.
    Ted Heath (probably)?
  • Options

And coming third I hope ! I have a ton on at 2-1... Berry looks the dangerously
  • Options

What is his flood control policy?
  • Options

Gents..someones sexual preference is not even remotely important..get over it..

I'd agree generally.. but probably not for those from those communities. It's a hard balance to make, how do you show it isn't important, without making examples of successful people who are gay/lesbian?
  • Options
    Charles said:

Ted Heath (probably)?
    Well that was my point really
  • Options
    SeanT said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

I've I would support.

I really hope sheactually achieve something.

Contact wiki then

Yes, she might have been the first openly gay leader of a major party in ESW&NI. I can't think of another, offhand.

It's statistically interesting that Dugdale is gay, as well. That must make Scotland wholly unique in the world. 2 out of 3 major party leaders lesbian.

And Coburn!
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

I come on here for erudite political analysis, and find that people are arguing with blackburn63 because he used quote marks to, er, quote something.

Huh?

Anyway, this headline is fun though...

'It's Grim': Labour Gets Thrashed In Scotland

http://news.sky.com/story/1691081/its-grim-labour-gets-thrashed-in-scotland

• Options
    Vale of Glamorgan - Lab hold. 2% majority
  • Options
    edited May 2016

You think the SNP aren't to the left of the Cons, or to the left of 'something for nothing society' SLab in their previous iteration?

It's ironic that someone who spends much of his time bewailing the madness of Corbynite Labour suddenly comes over all faint over the SNP not being lefty & taxy enough. It must pain you that Scotland (and presumably you) voted for '40p Top Rate' New Labour for so long.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

No chance lol
    I don't understand why?

Suffering from wandering list votes, less people voting for them on the list on the assumption they have it locked up than last time.
    Split vote Glasgow. BOTH votes SNP was correct - but literally no-one realised that till after the event
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    ST Are you surprised..Scotsmen like to wear skirts...
  • Options

I come on here for erudite political analysis, and find that people are arguing with blackburn63 because he used quote marks to, er, quote something.

Huh?

Anyway, this headline is fun though...

'It's Grim': Labour Gets Thrashed In Scotland

http://news.sky.com/story/1691081/its-grim-labour-gets-thrashed-in-scotland

You mean you missed the entire night of Scottish Tory Surge Klaxons?
    Disappointing.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    Highlands & Islands

3 CON
    2 LAB
    1 GRN
    1 SNP

(6x SNP, 2x LD in the constituencies)
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,997
    Charles said:

Ted Heath (probably)?
    Martin Webster was the first openly gay leader of a political party, the National Front, from 1980-84.
  • Options
    Lol how do lab hold Glamorgan when they lose the bloody Rhondda.

Great night for plaid I guess
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

I've I would support.

Contact wiki then

Yes, she might have been the first openly gay leader of a major party in ESW&NI. I can't think of another, offhand.

It's statistically interesting that Dugdale is gay, as well. That must make Scotland wholly unique in the world. 2 out of 3 major party leaders lesbian.

And Coburn!
    And Patrick Harvie.

It's quite hard to find a heterosexual Scottish party leader.
  • Options

RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

I've I would support.

Contact wiki then

And Coburn!
    And Patrick Harvie.

It's quite hard to find a heterosexual Scottish party leader.
    Must be something in the water up there.
  • Options
    Just catching up on Sky

That there been any discussion of Andy Burnham's announcement. That's pretty interesting in terms of long term prospects, both for the status of the Mayoralty and for his view of Labour's near term potential for recovery
  • Options
    This one was luckier for Labour - they grabbed the last list seat, just ahead of the Tories.
  • Options
    Welsh Labour is currently at 26.

They should get Cardiff West.
    In 2011 they had 2 list seat in South Wales West. So I suppose they should get 1 this time too.

Therefore finishing at 28 out of 60 seats
  • Options
    Only 1 list SNP in Highlands means the overall majority should be gone...
  • Options
    Central Scotland

4 LAB
    3 CON

9 x SNP constituencies

Think the Tories got the last seat this time
  • Options
    Regional MSPs in Highlands & Islands

1. Conservative Douglas Ross

2. Labour's Rhoda Grant

3. Conservative Edward Mountain

4. Conservative Donald Cameron

5. Scottish Green Party John Finnie

6. SNP Maree Todd

7. Labour's David Stewart
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,609
    I require a précis of the night.

Thank you.
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,883
    SNP losing their majority, who would have thought it
  • Options

Thank you.

Something about a surge, somewhere?
  • Options

You think the SNP aren't to the left of the Cons, or to the left of 'something for nothing society' SLab in their previous iteration?

It's ironic that someone who spends much of his time bewailing the madness of Corbynite Labour suddenly comes over all faint over the SNP not being lefty & taxy enough. It must pain you that Scotland (and presumably you) voted for '40p Top Rate' New Labour for so long.

I judge the SNP on what they do, not what they say. They have spent years subsidising middle class voters at the expense of the poorest. They oppose redistributive taxation. They favour tax cuts. They are a demonstrably centre right party with centre left rhetoric.

• Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,318
    BBC Forecast:
    SNP 63
    Con 31
    Lab 24
    Green 6
    LD 5
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    BBC predicting SNP two short. Tories to get 31 seats as opposition.
  • Options
    BBC predicting SNP 2 short. Tories on 31!!!! in second
  • Options
    Wow
  • Options
    Seven seats ahead of Labour. Oh yes!
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    MikeL said:

BBC Forecast:
    SNP 63
    Con 31
    Lab 24
    Green 6
    LD 5

I wonder whether all of the Green members are pro-independence.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,074
    Sean_F said:

Charles said:

Ted Heath (probably)?
    Martin Webster was the first openly gay leader of a political party, the National Front, from 1980-84.
    Do you think it's the uniforms that first attached him?
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,318
    Con 7 seats ahead of Lab.

That is surely highly embarrassing for Lab!
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,609
    Sean_F said:

Charles said:

Ted Heath (probably)?
    One of my earliest memories of PB was off you listing the exotic sexual behaviour of the Far Right in the UK
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,453
    Charles said:

Ted Heath (probably)?
    Such claims were only made by a gay rights lobby desperate to claim a major scalp and were never terribly convincing, like similar claims about Hugh Dalton.

On topic, another really bad night for opinion pollsters, underestimating Labour in Wales and overestimating the SNP in Scotland. If they are accurate in London perhaps it's their regional model that is broken? After all, they did OK in the Smoke last time, just were massively out everywhere that actually mattered.

Also, if Labour sneak to 28 in Wales they might just be able to hang on with Yellow support. Unless CJ does a backflip and goes in with UKIP (now that would be funny).

Delighted Andrews has lost, he's the second nastiest man in Welsh politics and was a hopeless minister. But overall an extremely unimpressive night for the Blues and Plaid.

Andrews' loss also weakens an already desperately thin Labour talent pool, which was barely bolstered by Huw Irranca-Davies returning. Whatever comes out of this will not be a good government. There may be value in bets on fresh elections within three years.
  • Options
    Elected for Central Scotland

Labour
    Richard Leonard
    Monica Lennon
    Mark Griffin MSP
    Elaine Smith SMP

Conservatives
    Margaret Mitchell MSP
    Graham Simpson
    Alison Harris
  • Options
    I mentioned identity politics the other day, it really is getting out of hand. Gays, Muslims, Jews, they are all people, not freaks that should be pandered to or afforded special treatment.

No party is immune from criticism, its just so childish.
  • Options

I judge the SNP on what they do, not what they say. They have spent years subsidising middle class voters at the expense of the poorest. They oppose redistributive taxation. They favour tax cuts. They are a demonstrably centre right party with centre left rhetoric.

Your kinda party then.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Thank you.

Something about a surge, somewhere?
    Tidal wave of enthusiasm as Ruthies flood Scotland?

Just to keep @blackburn63 happy... ;)
  • Options
    Will SN P be 1 or 2 short - did Highlands and Islands SNP/ Green cost them ?
  • Options
    That is an extraordinarily good performance by the Conservatives in Scotland.
  • Options
    Charles said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Be dangerous territory for any UK-wide party to have a Scot as leader while the SNP are so strong as a Yes vote in a second referendum would defenestrate that leader.
    Not necessarily.

The Finance minister of the Czech Republic, for example, is a Slovak.
    Pulpstar said:

Alistair said:

Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

No chance lol
    I don't understand why?

Split vote Glasgow. BOTH votes SNP was correct - but literally no-one realised that till after the event
    Just seen that greens puy up a constituency candidate in Edinburgh central. Did not realise that, would have totally backed Ruth there if I knew that.

The Conservative plan of convincing the electorate that the SNP has this locked up at constituency level (their election leaflets were filled with Newspaper quotes saying the SnP were going to take every seat) worked perfectly for them.
  • Options

I'm looking for a word that goes between "surge" and "tsunami"

:D
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,453
    MikeL said:

Con 7 seats ahead of Lab.

That is surely highly embarrassing for Lab!

Also with the unexciting results in Wales and England as well as no news from London will dominate the news cycles. Might even keep Khan's victory (which after all we're all expecting) from giving Labour a publicity boost.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,074
    AndyJS said:

MikeL said:

BBC Forecast:
    SNP 63
    Con 31
    Lab 24
    Green 6
    LD 5

I wonder whether all of the Green members are pro-independence.
    That's a surprisingly good performance for the libdems. I expected them to lose a constituency seat in H&I, and only to pick up one other list seat.
  • Options

Your kinda party then.

Nope. I am prepared to pay more tax. But I understand I am in a minority. Scotland, like England, is not a left-wing country - though it's worth noting that parties opposing tax cuts and favouring the 50 pence rate did better in England and Wales than in Scotland.

• Options
    Artist said:

SNP losing their majority, who would have thought it

Was odds on hours ago :p

Rennie and Ruth have cost them it lol
  • Options
    RobD said:

I'm looking for a word that goes between "surge" and "tsunami"

:D
    This is your bona fide actual surge.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @euanmccolm: wow - the bbc predicting 31 tory msps and just 24 for labour.

I bought Tory seats at 21 on SPIN :)
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,154
    Artist said:

It has been a poor night for the Tories in Wales.
    Cameron is the campaign to Remain. And the EU is not the friend of Port Talbot...
  • Options
    LOL @ Nigel Farage on Sky "We're very good at coming second". That was amusing, credit to him.
This discussion has been closed.