Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Undefined discussion subject.

Comments

• Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    MikeK said:

Sadiq Khan on TV now speaking about Our Ken; looks like he wants to sh*t himself.

Khan at 1.06 looks a tremendous lay.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,900

Zac's chances have improved 300% this morning.

He's up from 2% to 6% on Betfair

Maths not your strong suit
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Jeremy Corbyn looks suddenly less secure as Labour leader. The chances of him being ousted must have taken a significant uptick today.
  • Options
    FeersumEnjineeyaFeersumEnjineeya Posts: 3,902
    edited April 2016

Having heard Dan Hannan orate on two seperate occasions, I thought he was quite quite bonkers. Possibly my only divergence of view with The Rt Rev Professor Nabavi.

I've just watched a video of Dan Hannan glibly claiming that humans will easily be able to adapt to climate change on the basis that people happily live in Helsinki at 5°C and Rio at 31°C. The man's an idiot.
    No he isn't. The point he was making is that humans are infinitely adaptable to climates and that it might make more economic sense to adapt ourselves to the inevitable rather than try and cripple the global economy in a futile attempt to try to prevent it entirely. And then he does go on to say sensible environmental protections are a must have.

Idiot? You're not fit to wipe his shoes.
    Humans are infinitely adaptable to climate? Right. Strange, then, that the Sahara Desert is not as densely populated as the plains of temperate Europe. We must be missing a trick there. And I'm sure the good inhabitants of Helsinki will have no problems at all adapting to an underwater lifestyle.

No-one is claiming that we can prevent AGW completely - that's neither desirable nor possible. It does, however, make sense to attempt to do whatever is feasible and cost-effective to hinder its progression. There is nothing intrinsically inevitable about it.
    You talk such colossal twaddle. The story of the Ark was founded in Egypt when what was then an area very prone to flooding. The Nile changed course and a whole city was abandoned. Millions of migrants are walking to the EU now. You appear to think humans are trapped in amber.
    So the loss of one city in ancient Egypt caused sufficient devastation to create a story that has lasted for over 2,000 years. And that is supposed to reassure me that the future loss of all the coastal metropolises around the world won't be a major problem? I'm struggling to see your point.

Of course, humans don't have problems moving. Just so long as they can do without their homes and farmland (and their neighbours will let them in), they'll be just fine.
  • Options

200%
    Tick/VG
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,592
    edited April 2016

Well it has. 6% is 3 times 2%

I'm Pizza Hut, trying to feed two children and try and keep up with the latest Labour clusterfuck today.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited April 2016

Retake of GCSE maths required...
  • Options

Not that it's going to get much attention today, but this, it seems, was the Remain theme for the day:

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/725648972279365633

Ah the good old "appeal to authority" again
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    SeanT said:

It's genuinely hard to believe that this rumour is true:

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/725656232082739200

Jesus. Jesus F Christ.

Milne is insane. Him and his ilk simply don't care if they totally destroy Labour. I feel for you.
    Haven't kremlinologists previously reported that Ken and Milne loathe each other?
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,427
    Wanderer said:

ttps://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/725656232082739200

There's really no hard-to-believe threshold with Milne.
    Well he is a Stalinist, and Stalin was a good old zionist wasn't he? Or am I getting confused.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941
    TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

Sadiq Khan on TV now speaking about Our Ken; looks like he wants to sh*t himself.

1.08 now - still value IMHO, but I got on the 1.06 this morning :)
  • Options

Wanderer said:

ttps://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/725656232082739200

There's really no hard-to-believe threshold with Milne.
    Well he is a Stalinist, and Stalin was a good old zionist wasn't he? Or am I getting confused.
    Nah, the Zionists were after Stalin, remember the Doctors' plot.

Never trust Doctors always trying to overthrow governments, Jeremy Hunt must know what Stalin went through.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

I was bawdeep now thigh deep.
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    How do all those donkey commentators braying about Zac's campaign look now??
  • Options
    JonnyJimmyJonnyJimmy Posts: 2,548
    Sandpit said:

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

300% !!
  • Options
    taffys said:

Same clownshoes that were saying Ed is nailed on this time last year.

Step outside the bubble..
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

As so often, the truth comes over like bad fiction.
    Is this a claim on par with yesterdays bollox about Shahs statement being changed.

I see Mann had his petrol can on that one yesterday nothing when he was proved to be wrong.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    edited April 2016
    taffys said:

???

Because some in Labour are racist, that makes it OK for the Tories to be racist?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    TGOHF said:

Sandpit said:

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

Are you employing the "Glencore" strategy with Khan ?
  • Options
    Wow - this Livingstone row is extraordinary being extensively covered on the broadcast media. This must require his immediate expulsion (not suspension) and Corbyn's position itself must be under threat. There will never be a better time for the shadow cabinet to exit en masse and make it impossible for this Corbyn - Livingstone axis to continue.
  • Options

I'm Pizza Hut, trying to feed two children and try and keep up with the latest Labour clusterfuck today.
    So the increase was 4%, which is 200% of the 2% starting point
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,631

Jeremy Corbyn looks suddenly less secure as Labour leader. The chances of him being ousted must have taken a significant uptick today.

Unfortunately he would still win a landslide in a leadership election under the current rules. Labour's rank and file membership has shifted towards the Corbyn.
  • Options
    Isn't the BNP short of charismatic new leader with bags of media experience?
  • Options
    Rather annoyingly, Betfair's leader exit date markets are split into quarters rather than years. Corbyn is 10 (9/1) to go before June and 2.0 (evens) to go between Jul and Sep.

Date is when he officially ceases to become leader, not necessarily the day he announces his resignation.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    MaxPB said:

Unfortunately he would still win a landslide in a leadership election under the current rules. Labour's rank and file membership has shifted towards the Corbyn.
    It's precisely this type of story that could start to prise his fingers away from his vice-like grip around the Labour membership.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831

Wow - this Livingstone row is extraordinary being extensively covered on the broadcast media. This must require his immediate expulsion (not suspension) and Corbyn's position itself must be under threat. There will never be a better time for the shadow cabinet to exit en masse and make it impossible for this Corbyn - Livingstone axis to continue.

They don't have the courage to do that. They are just weak.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352

Why are Labourites calling for suspension? Surely he needs to be expelled? What good would sticking him on the naughty step for a few weeks do?

Expelled? Why is he not being arrested? People have been for far less.

Oh right, the establishment really do believe in hierarchies of racism.

• Options

Why on Earth would the BNP want to sully themselves with someone like Livingstone?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,146
    edited April 2016
    Alan Sugar putting the boot into Ken and Corbyn on Sky. "Two peas from the same pod." "The lunatics have taken over the party."
  • Options
    Blimey! I go to a meeting for a couple of hours and when I come back Labour have blown themselves up - again! It's like the Life of Brian suicide squad these days. And just as funny.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,167

Fortunately for Corbyn Khan's likely victory next week will secure his position for now, the Jewish vote is largely for Zac anyway
  • Options

Hope lunchtime buffet hasnt gone up 300%
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I would guess that Hug-A-Hitler's public comments are a bit too extreme for the BNPs liking....
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822

You would think so...but this is Chairman Milne we are talking about and so it is quite believable.
    Milne's only previous experience was revising down the number of gulag inmates.
  • Options
    Beeb have updated the title of their Politics Live: EU Referendum thread to Politics Live: Labour anti-Semitism row
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

TGOHF said:

Sandpit said:

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

Are you employing the "Glencore" strategy with Khan ?
    I've certainly averaged up recently - if it ever gets anywhere near 1/2 on I'll be exit stage far left..
  • Options
    LayneLayne Posts: 163
    Danny565 said:

taffys said:

???

Because some in Labour are racist, that makes it OK for the Tories to be racist?
    What is racist about criticising going to events where women have to go in by the back door?
  • Options

WTF?

twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/725636241815932931

We might actually be seeing Labour front bench resignations today if Corbyn doesn't jump on this.
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,422
    SeanT said:

Jesus. Jesus F Christ.

Milne is insane. Him and his ilk simply don't care if they totally destroy Labour. I feel for the likes of Southam.
    I think they probably do care; they just have no idea that it's happening. Or if they do have a vague awareness, they have no idea why. Or if they do have an idea why, they know it's not their fault - because it can't be; they are pure and you only destroy purity by mixing it with the impure. Which ironically touches on where Ken was going this lunchtime.
  • Options

ttps://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/725656288093417474

I'd retweet that but he's blocked me :lol:
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

taffys said:

???

Err, in what way is Zac or the campaign racist? Especially in light of what other Labour MPs have been saying recently. Pointing out reasonable objections to people Sadiq has hired and associated himself with is not racist. Look at where pandering to Muslims has taken your party and think, really have a hard think about if it is worth putting up with the conspiracy theories, casual anti-Semitic behaviour, casual support for ISIS or other terrorists, condoning of gender segregation. If this were happening in the Tory party I would be cancelling my membership and monthly donation.
  • Options

I had written three threads for this weekend.

Only one will be useful, fecking Corbyn.

Good news, the only usable thread is The AV one.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Rather annoyingly, Betfair's leader exit date markets are split into quarters rather than years. Corbyn is 10 (9/1) to go before June and 2.0 (evens) to go between Jul and Sep.

Date is when he officially ceases to become leader, not necessarily the day he announces his resignation.

13.5 to lay.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

Contrary to the views of a few REMAINers

http://www.conservativehome.com/thetorydiary/2016/04/what-obama-bounce.html

We have now had four polls on the EU referendum since Obama’s visit, as follows:
    Remain 51 per cent (- 1), Leave 46 per cent (plus 3). (ORB).
    Remain 44 per cent (+ 1), Leave 46 per cent (plus 2) (ICM).
    Remain 45 per cent (-1), Leave 38 per cent (plus 3) (Survation). And, in this morning’s Times (£) -
    Remain 41 per cent (+ 1), Leave 42 per cent (+ 3). (YouGov).

So it is nothing to see here? Let us have more foreign leaders coming here getting a 69 from Cameron and telling UK voters how to vote!

Le Pen - actually that would be a good idea for Leave - the guardianistas and timesmen might attack her - but that is just preaching to the choir. A bit of HNH and UAF violently demonstrating against her and preventing her speaking - now that would help Leave.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Layne said:

Danny565 said:

taffys said:

???

What is racist about criticising going to events where women have to go in by the back door?
    If it's racist to talk about "transporting" Jews to the USA (which I definitely think is racist), then it's racist to talk about someone being "radical" and "too dangerous to be mayor" simply because they're Muslim.
  • Options

STOP

• Options

Bad news for LEAVE as it keeps Cameron off the news.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Fortunately for Corbyn Khan's likely victory next week will secure his position for now, the Jewish vote is largely for Zac anyway
    This level of denial I find particularly delicious - this is all out civil war.

Corbo could be out within days.
  • Options
    I know that the BHS and Austin Reed closing down offers on suits are very tempting for Jahadi Jez, but I think he needs to drag himself away and make some clear statement on this issue.
  • Options

Wouldn't that be a 200% increase?
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

We have now had four polls on the EU referendum since Obama’s visit, as follows:
    Remain 45 per cent (-1), Leave 38 per cent (plus 3) (Survation). And, in this morning’s Times (£) -

So it is nothing to see here? Let us have more foreign leaders coming here getting a 69 from Cameron and telling UK voters how to vote!

Le Pen - actually that would be a good idea for Leave - the guardianistas and timesmen might attack her - but that is just preaching to the choir. A bit of HNH and UAF violently demonstrating against her and preventing her speaking - now that would help Leave.
    I cannot see Le Pen coming here, getting a 69 from Cameron. Now i need a mind clean.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

She wouldn't want to be tainted by appearing on a platform with the Labour leadership.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053

You are asking for an impossible dream: the shadow cabinet haven't the guts to make such a stand.
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    As you would expect its going down rather well over there

http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/europe/1.716835
  • Options

STOP

I know. I won't do a Ken. I made a mistake. I'll stop digging.
  • Options
    TCPoliticalBettingTCPoliticalBetting Posts: 10,819
    edited April 2016

Any thread taking apart a poll for its assumptions and weightings on LEAVE vs REMAIN question?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Sickening footage of Palestinian children pretending to stab Jews exposes 'festival of hate' funded by Jeremy Corbyn’s pet charity

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3561337/As-Labour-anti-Semitism-row-deepens-revealed-Jeremy-Corbyn-s-pet-charity-funded-Palestinian-festival-hate-children-dressed-terrorists-acted-murdering-Jews.html

Interesting timing by the Mail to release footage of an event from last week....
  • Options
    You think you've got it tough. Just imagine being a Labour canvasser in Golders Green today.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

If this were happening in the Tory party I would be cancelling my membership and monthly donation.

Well, that guy who Cameron mentioned in Parliament last week has shared platforms with various Tories including Zac himself, so it looks like you'd better cancelling.

Claiming Sadiq is racist just because he has a brown face and has the most tenuous "links" to extremists, devalues the valid charges of racism against people like Livingstone and Shah.
  • Options

A 300% REDUCTION IN USEFUL THREADS!!

At least we are left with an interesting one.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Layne said:

Danny565 said:

taffys said:

???

If it's racist to talk about "transporting" Jews to the USA (which I definitely think is racist), then it's racist to talk about someone being "radical" and "too dangerous to be mayor" simply because they're Muslim.
    No, the people he has associated with and hired to work for him make him too dangerous to be Mayor. It has nothing to do with him being Muslim and everything to do with his poor judgement and poor character.
  • Options
    28th April 2016 great Labour twitter race -

#EdBallsDay still out in the lead with 22.4k tweets
    Ken Livingstone closing in with 19.6k
    Labour Party not too far behind with 16.6k
    Disappointing run from John Mann despite his huge efforts on just 4.2k
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Sean_F said:

Is this a claim on par with yesterdays bollox about Shahs statement being changed.

I see Mann had his petrol can on that one yesterday nothing when he was proved to be wrong.
    Your party is full of liars, racists, Islamists and anti-Semites.
    And your full of ........
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

The issue has become much wider than the mayoral election. This is an event that must result in the decent labour mps rising up and taking back control from the hard left. The timing the week before the 5th May elections may cause serious harm for labour. I thought IDS resignation was timed to harm Osborne and the remainers, but this is on a different scale. A sensational way to take the EU and Hillsborough off the headlines
  • Options
    Anushka Asthana ‎@GuardianAnushka
    Ken Livingstone suspended for "bringing the party into disrepute"
  • Options
    Indigo said:

As you would expect its going down rather well over there

http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/europe/1.716835

The big impact on this is in the US. Just imagine what the Jewish lobby will make of this.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

MaxPB said:

If this were happening in the Tory party I would be cancelling my membership and monthly donation.

Well, that guy who Cameron mentioned in Parliament last week has shared platforms with various Tories including Zac himself, so it looks like you'd better cancelling.

Claiming Sadiq is racist just because he has a brown face and has the most tenuous "links" to extremists, devalues the valid charges of racism against people like Livingstone and Shah.
    This idea of "tenuous "...how many examples do you need for it not be tenuous? The list is now very long and often includes very recent ones. At best Khan s a total moron who never checks out the people he hires, which is worrying in itself.
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215
    Surely won't be long before RodCrosby voices his, er, contrarian opinions.....
  • Options
    I don't think Londoners will be changing their vote based on Ken's remarks today.
  • Options
    Livingston still in the party and Mann summoned to chief whips office for punishment.

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,592
    edited April 2016
    Deck me

Paul Waugh: Ooh and my northern source was right: Chief whip has "summoned John Mann to discuss his conduct."
  • Options

Just a tad.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited April 2016
    Any comment from Jeremy Corbyn yet, or has the NEC yet to approve the official statement?
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Danny565 said:

Layne said:

Danny565 said:

taffys said:

???

No, the people he has associated with and hired to work for him make him too dangerous to be Mayor. It has nothing to do with him being Muslim and everything to do with his poor judgement and poor character.
    Are "the people he hired to work for him" just that guy who made some homophobic comments on Twitter? Because seriously, are the Tories really in position to throw stones on that one?

And you're still yet to explain how him "sharing platforms with extremists" (i.e. being among thousands of people who happened to attend an event which had nothing to do with racist Islamism) is any different to what Zac and other Tories have done.
  • Options

Wow that was quick
  • Options
    Suspended, what a joke....he will be back by Autumn.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

MaxPB said:

A person he hired into his campaign called the terrorist murder of Lee Rigby an MI5 conspiracy. He has supported someone who was later convicted of funding and supporting terrorists. He has hired two people from the staff of notorious Islamist Lutfur Rahman to work on his campaign. He is the British Muslim who will take on extremists, yes take them on to his staff and as friends.

As I said, instead of just reaching for the "RACIST" button on the Guardian approved keyboard, have a really hard think about what pandering to Muslims has done to your party and if you think it is heading in the right direction.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Danny565 said:

MaxPB said:

Danny565 said:

Layne said:

Danny565 said:

taffys said:

???

Are "the people he hired to work for him" just that guy who made some homophobic comments on Twitter? Because seriously, are the Tories really in position to throw stones on that one?

And you're still yet to explain how him "sharing platforms with extremists" (i.e. being among thousands of people who happened to attend an event which had nothing to do with racist Islamism) is any different to what Zac and other Tories have done.
    I think you need to do some research, as the answer is no. And also he didn't "just make homophobic comments on twitter".
  • Options
    Corbyn is the new Blair.

Didn't Blair also suspend/kick out Ken too ?
  • Options

Suspended, what a joke....he will be back by Autumn.

And John Mann summoned by Chief Whip for Labour over his conduct?!? says Sky
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I don't think Londoners will be changing their vote based on Ken's remarks today.

I'm sure there's a section of Londoners who are more intent than ever on voting for labour.
  • Options
    Ken suspended. He should have been banned for life.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

A 300% REDUCTION IN USEFUL THREADS!!

At least we are left with an interesting one.
    67% REDUCTION IN USEFUL THREADS!! - not 300 FFS
  • Options
    Could this be a bigger problem for Cameron than the referendum?

Michael Crick ‎@MichaelLCrick
    ELECTION EXPENSES: Electoral Commission, CPS & representatives of c15 police forces to hold meeting next week to discuss #C4News allegations
  • Options

Corbyn is the new Blair.

Didn't Blair also suspend/kick out Ken too ?

Which provided one of William Hague's best jokes suggesting a job share. "Frank Dobson can be the day mayor and Ken Livingstone can be the night mayor."
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Chairman Milne wan't desperately to question Mann (BBC). I wonder if he really wants to suspend him.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

HYUFD said:

This level of denial I find particularly delicious - this is all out civil war.

Corbo could be out within days.
    Unless Goldsmith wins next week there is zero chance of that, Labour had a poll lead with yougov last night, the PLP is gutless and it would trigger a membership revolution
  • Options
    Sky saying Livingstone has been suspended and John Mann summoned to the labour whips. Sure they will have a cup of tea and a pleasant chat
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,713
    well, this is an interesting day...
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

As I said, instead of just reaching for the "RACIST" button on the Guardian approved keyboard, have a really hard think about what pandering to Muslims has done to your party and if you think it is heading in the right direction.

Labour supposedly "pandering to Muslims" has nothing to do with the events of the past few days. Ken Livingstone would always have been a racist irrespective of what stances Labour had taken, whether they "pandered" to various people or not.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

The issue has become much wider than the mayoral election. This is an event that must result in the decent labour mps rising up and taking back control from the hard left. The timing the week before the 5th May elections may cause serious harm for labour. I thought IDS resignation was timed to harm Osborne and the remainers, but this is on a different scale. A sensational way to take the EU and Hillsborough off the headlines
    Which Labour voters now are going to change their vote because of this remark? Next to nobody, the core Corbyn vote will largely agree with much of what Livingstone said
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966

You think you've got it tough. Just imagine being a Labour canvasser in Golders Green today.

They could easily have go out canvassing first thing, went fine all morning, and now not know why they are suddenly getting doors slammed in their face after lunch.
  • Options

SeanT said:

Sean_F said:

Your party is full of liars, racists, Islamists and anti-Semites.
    And your full of ........
    Come on. We both know Sean exaggerates. Labour isn't 'full' of liars, racists, Islamists and anti-Semites; it just has rather more than a mainstream party should.

p.s. "you're".
  • Options
    taffys said:

Pulpstar said:

I'm sure there's a section of Londoners who are more intent than ever on voting for labour.
    Harry's tip has gone into the book nonetheless
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Ken suspended. He should have been banned for life.

He will get a wrap on the knuckle and be reinstated by Christmas
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215

Sky saying Livingstone has been suspended and John Mann summoned to the labour whips. Sure they will have a cup of tea and a pleasant chat

More like cider with Rosie.

Don't forget she was a prime target of the Corbyn Mafiosi.
  • Options
    Ooh and my northern source was right: Chief whip has "summoned John Mann to discuss his conduct."
  • Options
    There's a hundred quid available at 2/1 for UKIP to come third in London next week...
    https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/#/politics/market/1.123967705
  • Options
    Hug A Hitler was apparently live on air with James O'Brien (LBC) when John Mann confronted him.
This discussion has been closed.