Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If Trump fails to win tonight then his bid will effectively

Comments

• Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    Chuck Todd ‏@chucktodd 3m3 minutes ago
    Between the age gap in the Dem exit poll and the issue matrix of important issues, this exit poll electorate looks like a Sanders electorate
  • Options
    Speedy said:

"New Hampshire primary exit polls: It looks like a ~60:40 split towards Sanders. Probably a few %closer, but *WHEW*! "

Were did you see it?
    Sanders by 16.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,004
    stjohn said:

Pulpstar said:

stjohn said:

Evening all.

Evening StJohn - Any antepost for Cheltenham ?

I've got Vautour and Don Poli from a year back in the Gold cup xD !
    Hi Pulpstar.

The only Cheltenham antepost bet I've placed is Coneygree. Now sadly injured and a non runner.

:-(
    Ouch. I had an entire £1 on him last year in the GC but his run was so amazing I didn't care that I'd backed for such a tiny amount. It was a great race.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

NH predicts : Bernie by 20, Trump by 10 (MOE +/- 3)

If true, that sounds like good news for the second placed candidate with probably between 18% - 20% of the vote ..... but who will it be (as if we don't know)?
    If Trump only wins by 10, it's because he's got 26%
    Someone 20, Trump 30
    Agree though for Someone i'd put in Kasich.

Trump 30 Kasich 20 Cruz, Rubio, Bush 10s Chris 8
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Reading the exit runes Bernie clearly a big win and seeing the ad spend and Hillary changing her campaign staff I'm think 20% blow out. Exits look good for Trump - I was worried about his turnout operation but the exits breakdowns show he's going to win 10% is a good result for him. Cruz looks good for 3rd with Kasich 2nd. Rubio needs to be at least 4th to carry on and that's between him and Bush. Christie wont feature but will stay in so he can be at the next debate and do over Rubio again - he really hates Rubio.

I do hope Chris Christie stays in. He's amazing on a debate stage. And a clear lay at 65.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Between the age gap in the Dem exit poll and the issue matrix of important issues, this exit poll electorate looks like a Sanders electorate

Increasingly vacuous comments. Clinton was 33/1 to win... it's Sanders' margin of victory that's important now
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

NH predicts : Bernie by 20, Trump by 10 (MOE +/- 3)

If true, that sounds like good news for the second placed candidate with probably between 18% - 20% of the vote ..... but who will it be (as if we don't know)?
    If Trump only wins by 10, it's because he's got 26%
    Someone 20, Trump 30
    Agree though for Someone i'd put in Kasich.

Trump 30 Kasich 20 Cruz, Rubio, Bush 10s Chris 8
    I don't want to speculate given I've got big fat gypsy reds on Bush and Rubio and am +1800 Kasich or so.
  • Options
    If Kasich is 2nd, then it matters less for Trump he is sub 30 actually. It will be bloody hard for Kasich in the south.
  • Options
    peter_from_putneypeter_from_putney Posts: 6,875
    edited February 2016
    Kasich, to win the NH GOP Primary, excl the Donald, last matched at 1.3 on Betfair.
  • Options
    Lets not forget that early exit polls don't include people who finished work and are voting now.
  • Options
    In exit poll 25% of NH GOP voters are evangelicals (was 62 in Iowa) -- Cruz 26%, Trump 23%, Rubio 14%, Bush 10%
  • Options

In exit poll 25% of NH GOP voters are evangelicals (was 62 in Iowa) -- Cruz 26%, Trump 23%, Rubio 14%, Bush 10%

That's 73% which leaves some space for the others...
  • Options
    WandererWanderer Posts: 3,838

Kasich, to win NH excl the Donald, last matched at 1.3 on Betfair.

And Kasich to win at 13.5, only candidate bar Donald not a rank outsider now. Lot of Kasich love.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Pulpstar said:

If Kasich is 2nd, then it matters less for Trump he is sub 30 actually. It will be bloody hard for Kasich in the south.

If Trump wins and Rubio ends behind Bush, Rubio will go pop like a bubble.
    Kasich getting 2% in S.Carolina will not have much impact.
  • Options

That's 73% which leaves some space for the others...
    Ted will be pleased with that. Poor numbers for Marco.
  • Options
    stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,780

Kasich, to win the NH GOP Primary, excl the Donald, last matched at 1.3 on Betfair.

PfP. Your Kasich bet looking to be very good value - as things stand.
  • Options
    Kasich strikes me as a more articulate version of Andy Burnham (for droning on about Ohio see droning on about Liverpool) I think both Kasich and Christie are after a VP slot.

Trump / Kasich makes Ohio GOP. Trump / Christie makes great entertainment. Both beat Hillary.
  • Options
    Wanderer said:

And Kasich to win at 13.5, only candidate bar Donald not a rank outsider now. Lot of Kasich love.
    I arbed a bit earlier with Ladbrokes. Which gives me +15 (but every little helps...)
  • Options

Wanderer said:

I arbed a bit earlier with Ladbrokes. Which gives me +15 (but every little helps...)
    Shadsy might be lurking :D

@Shadsy are you here :D ?
  • Options

Easy money.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I don't expect him to be far short of 30% if at all - that 10% lead strongly suggests something close to 30% vs 20% for the two front runners ..... run the numbers for yourself.
  • Options

Wanderer said:

I got £25 on at 40-1 with Victor earlier on Kasich GOPUS and underlaid a touch off at 25-27.
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    Only 12% of GOP primary NH voters are first timers. That doesn't sound too good for Trump. Probably still win, but I am thinking his margin will again be below his polling numbers
  • Options
    edited February 2016

So we got moderates who are 24% go to Trump with 34, and evangelicals that are 25% who have Trump at 23.
    We are getting data.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Wanderer said:

Shadsy might be lurking :D

@Shadsy are you here :D ?
    Well it was adjusted down, to maintain a margin over betfair - I didn't catch them sleeping (alas)
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Speedy said:

So we got moderates who are 24% go to Trump with 34, and evangelicals that are 25% who have Trump at 23.
    We are getting data.
    Doesn't seem that great for The Donald, compared to expectations, IMO.
  • Options

Speedy said:

Increasingly vacuous comments. Clinton was 33/1 to win... it's Sanders' margin of victory that's important now
    She was 250/1 at one point in 2008. Not that I expect a repeat.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,185
    edited February 2016

Kasich strikes me as a more articulate version of Andy Burnham (for droning on about Ohio see droning on about Liverpool) I think both Kasich and Christie are after a VP slot.

Trump / Kasich makes Ohio GOP. Trump / Christie makes great entertainment. Both beat Hillary.

Hillary beat Trump in a Florida poll earlier this week, if she wins there almost impossible for Trump to win whoever he picks
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Speedy said:

We are getting data.
    Doesn't seem that great for The Donald, compared to expectations, IMO.
    Independents who are 40-45% give him 29%, but he gets slightly more from republicans.
    I think he will get in the exit poll somewhere around 29-31%, around the polling average.

Who's second though, and how low will Rubio go?
  • Options
    peter_from_putneypeter_from_putney Posts: 6,875
    edited February 2016

Easy money.
    Especially at the 5/4 (2.25) with Ladbrokes as I suggested here earlier (*cough* always assuming that is, that the bet actually delivers)
  • Options
    Balls of steel time ?
  • Options
    This CNN breaking news on US intel saying ISIS to attack US this year and use migrants to get into Europe while stating the obvious puts it out there for the chap on the Clapham Omnibus and if it happens Trump and Leave win certain.
  • Options

Balls of steel time ?

8 minutes to go till most precincts close.
  • Options
    Isn't this all hinting at a better-than-expected night for Cruz?

Just taken a bit of 22.0 on Cruz for Prez.

Having somewhat screwed up my position earlier, I've been doing a bit of rebalancing in the last couple of weeks and I think I'm OK. My worst scenarios are Rubio Rep Nom and Sanders Prez.

I think I'll go to bed and not lose any sleep!
  • Options
    Noone queueing up to back Rubio (unsurprisingly)
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Balls of steel time ?

SELL SELL SELL
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    There are rumors reported on the news networks of a major shake up in the Clinton campaign this week. There is apparently concern over the lack of a coherent message.

Two developments in the Clinton email investigation today.

Firstly a federal judge rejected the State Depts request to delay further Clinton email releases for a month.

Secondly the FBI informed the State Dept that it cannot release Hillary related documents requested by State because it would "interfere with an ongoing investigation".

Bernie Sanders is developing a southern strategy. He is having breakfast with Al Sharpton tomorrow.
  • Options

Speedy said:

Balls of steel time ?

SELL SELL SELL
    Who tho ?

Rubio ?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    If it does seem like ~30% for Trump, then that still suggests he could be very vulnerable in future primaries IF the anti-Trump vote consolidates behind one candidate.

That's a very big "if" though, especially after Rubio's "these strikes are WRONG" moment.
  • Options
    stjohn said:

PfP. Your Kasich bet looking to be very good value - as things stand.
    I had 6 figure green on bloomberg kasich and Biden all on at very long odds. I have cashed in on bloomberg but I fancy kasich and Biden have more to run. Indeed a Kasich v Biden election would suit me well. It can't be impossible
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Will Rubio still be GOP favourite if he comes third again?
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Will Rubio still be GOP favourite if he comes third again?

Conceivably not :)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Tim_B said:

There are rumors reported on the news networks of a major shake up in the Clinton campaign this week. There is apparently concern over the lack of a coherent message.

Firstly a federal judge rejected the State Depts request to delay further Clinton email releases for a month.

Secondly the FBI informed the State Dept that it cannot release Hillary related documents requested by State because it would "interfere with an ongoing investigation".

Bernie Sanders is developing a southern strategy. He is having breakfast with Al Sharpton tomorrow.

IMO, not enough attention has been paid to Sanders' chances in the Rust Belt states.

I think he could have a good chance of besting Hillary in the likes of Michigan, Pennsylvania and Ohio, since he now seems to be making big inroads into the white low-income vote.
  • Options

Speedy said:

Balls of steel time ?

SELL SELL SELL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obAoPP1bdIM
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Speedy said:

Balls of steel time ?

SELL SELL SELL
    Who tho ?

Rubio ?
    Heart says Trump
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Speedy said:

Balls of steel time ?

SELL SELL SELL
    Who tho ?

Rubio ?
    IT DOESN'T MATTER JUST SELL
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    stjohn said:

Hi Pulpstar.

The only Cheltenham antepost bet I've placed is Coneygree. Now sadly injured and a non runner.

That's OK, you'll make it all back on your Villa relegation bets...
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,372
    Tick tock!
  • Options
    Precincts close now, well most of them.
  • Options
    Oh ok CNN, take an ad break just when exit polls were promised.
  • Options
    If 66% of GOP NH voters favour a ban on muslims, whats that figure like in the southern states ?!
  • Options
    DecisionDeskHQ(Decision Desk HQ)
    DDHQ bellwether results:
    Clinton 36.52%
    Sanders 61.98%

Trump 35.84%
    Cruz 15.12%
    Kasich 14.94%
    Rubio 10.72%
    Bush 9.62%
    #DDNHbellwether #NH

twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/697208373524221952
  • Options
    Decision Desk HQ exit poll:

Trump 35.84%
    Cruz 15.12%
    Kasich 14.94%
    Rubio 10.72%
    Bush 9.62%

Clinton 36.52%
    Sanders 61.98%
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    edited February 2016
    [Deleted]
  • Options
    stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,780
    Scott_P said:

stjohn said:

Hi Pulpstar.

That's OK, you'll make it all back on your Villa relegation bets...
    Yes Scott P. I'm on Villa NOT to be relegated at 14/1. Currently 1.08-109 to be relegated on Betfair.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Trump 35.84%
    Cruz 15.12%
    Kasich 14.94%
    Rubio 10.72%
    Bush 9.62%

Clinton 36.52%
    Sanders 61.98%

Oh please !!
  • Options

Al's not very southern though, is he? A bit 'New York' for yer'average South Carolinan, no? Good bloke, though, and, yes, I have met him.
  • Options

DecisionDeskHQ(Decision Desk HQ)
    DDHQ bellwether results:
    Clinton 36.52%
    Sanders 61.98%

Trump 35.84%
    Cruz 15.12%
    Kasich 14.94%
    Rubio 10.72%
    Bush 9.62%
    #DDNHbellwether #NH

twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/697208373524221952

Holy crap at the Democrats.
  • Options
    Lay (Bet Against)
    Backer's
    odds
    Backer's
    stake
    Your
    liability

Marco Rubio 2.7 £8.00 £13.60

Surely value lol
  • Options
    Where is that "IT'S HAPPENING !!! " gif when you need it?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Speedy said:

Trump 35.84%
    Cruz 15.12%
    Kasich 14.94%
    Rubio 10.72%
    Bush 9.62%

Clinton 36.52%
    Sanders 61.98%

Oh please !!
    And yet Rubio's COME IN ...
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Tim_B said:

IMO, not enough attention has been paid to Sanders' chances in the Rust Belt states.

I think he could have a good chance of besting Hillary in the likes of Michigan, Pennsylvania and Ohio, since he now seems to be making big inroads into the white low-income vote.
    I'm more concerned about the assault on my senses once SC and NV have had their primary and caucus, and the focus turns to the S.E.C. Primary, which puts me right in the crosshairs.

On the other hand I'm looking forward to going to several events.

Once we get to the SEC Primary with blacks and hispanics, Hillary will clean up big time. Her only threat is the Feds.
  • Options
    If this exit poll is correct, it matches my betting very nicely.
  • Options
    YossariansChildYossariansChild Posts: 536
    edited February 2016
    Based on that CNN intro they clearly think that Trump has won.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    edited February 2016
    I don't trust this bellwather malarky. Better to trust a tradiitional exit poll

Edit: lol on the two decimal places
  • Options
    Trump won every crossbreak according to DDHQ, Sanders won every one except 75+.
  • Options

Al's not very southern though, is he? A bit 'New York' for yer'average South Carolinan, no? Good bloke, though, and, yes, I have met him.

I've met him too. A more odious tax evading race hustler you could not imagine.
  • Options
    Anyone got a link to cnn tv on the web ? And I mean TV not their shitty website.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Anyone got a link to cnn tv on the web ? And I mean TV not their shitty website.

http://www.playlivenew.com/2010/08/watch-cnn-news-live/
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Trump 35.84%
    Cruz 15.12%
    Kasich 14.94%
    Rubio 10.72%
    Bush 9.62%

Clinton 36.52%
    Sanders 61.98%

If that's right, then compared with expectations:

Good for Trump, Cruz
    Bad for Rubio
    Poorish for Kasich
    OK for Bush
    Good for Bernie
    Poorish but tolerable for Hillary
  • Options
    Seeing those lines at polling stations and traffic queues as folk try and vote in the snow, it's great to see democracy in action. Whatever views we disagree on seeing people exercise their franchise is a wonderful thing.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

http://www.zahitvstation.com/watch-cnn-usa-live
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Pulpstar said:

Me, but I'm not sharing.
    Last time I shared a TV link here, it was shut down 5 minutes afterwards.
  • Options

Seeing those lines at polling stations and traffic queues as folk try and vote in the snow, it's great to see democracy in action. Whatever views we disagree on seeing people exercise their franchise is a wonderful thing.

Would you favour primaries in the UK?
  • Options
    An entertaining diversion as per 538 - a randomised simulator complete with dull US-style headlines:

http://www.openprocessing.org/sketch/306571/embed/?width=900&height=350&border=true
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

If we had the same snow, yes.
  • Options
    ABC News live feed:

http://abcnews.go.com/Live
  • Options

Where can I find the cross breaks? We should compare them to the exit polls earlier
  • Options

Speedy said:

Trump 35.84%
    Cruz 15.12%
    Kasich 14.94%
    Rubio 10.72%
    Bush 9.62%

Clinton 36.52%
    Sanders 61.98%

If that's right, then compared with expectations:

Good for Trump, Cruz
    Bad for Rubio
    Poorish for Kasich
    OK for Bush
    Good for Bernie
    Poorish but tolerable for Hillary
    If those are the results, Rubio will be very close to the end of his campaign, we are talking 1% away from Bush and 5th place.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

I've met him too. A more odious tax evading race hustler you could not imagine.

No dispute there, but there aren't many better ways of spending an hour than arguing the toss with the Rev.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,372
    So we still don't actually have the CNN exit poll, only this mysterious one? I see Cruz has shot in from 7 to 2 on the "win without Trump" Betfair exchange - I got £20 at 7 before that happened.
  • Options

Where can I find the cross breaks? We should compare them to the exit polls earlier
    In the subscribers' email. Too much to copy/paste, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 8,008
    edited February 2016

So we still don't actually have the CNN exit poll, only this mysterious one? I see Cruz has shot in from 7 to 2 on the "win without Trump" Betfair exchange - I got £20 at 7 before that happened.

Jeb Bush 2nd to Trump with 539 votes in!

edit still 2nd with 1723 votes in

http://www.decisiondeskhq.com/
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Open Primaries like in NH and like in Totnes (for Conservatives) yes very much. I think it would benefit our democracy - both in terms of participation in the democratic process and in terms of quality of candidate.
  • Options
    Good result for Trump in Seabrook.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Results:

1.3% in:

Trump 54
    Bush 11
    Rubio 10
    Cruz 10
    Kasich 7
    Christie 6
    Carson 2
    Fiorina 2

Sanders 72
    Hillary 28
  • Options

Well does it have a break for <30 and/or 65+ for the Ds?
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Results:

1.3% in:

Trump 54
    Bush 11
    Rubio 10
    Cruz 10
    Kasich 7
    Christie 6
    Carson 2
    Fiorina 2

Sanders 72
    Hillary 28

Don't worry Carson fans he's just waiting to be introduced onto the stage..
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Do you have an insight into particular districts (genuine question)? Or it that if any district gives Trump 50%+ that must be good?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Do you have an insight into particular districts (genuine question)? Or it that if any district gives Trump 50%+ that must be good?
    Or it that if any district gives Trump 50%+ that must be good?

That one :)
  • Options
    This 'heading towards a record turnout' do we know what side this is on? Presumably it's GOP rather than Dem (cant see Dem turnout being higher than 2008)? Or is it overall? Any ideas?
  • Options
    Its Sanders 56, Hillary 44 now.
  • Options
    http://www.freeintertv.com/view/id-200

This link works for anyone who wants to watch CNN online - the best US channel for election nights for my money.
  • Options

Well does it have a break for <30 and/or 65+ for the Ds?</p>
    Sanders 87.5%
    Clinton 12.0%

Sanders 60.7%
    Clinton 37.4%

Sanders 51.5%
    Clinton 46.9%

Sanders 39.5%
    Clinton 57.9%

I need to sleep now, up in 6 hours. Night all.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Romney in 2012 got 50%+ there, Hillary got 57% in 2008.
  • Options

Well does it have a break for <30 and/or 65+ for the Ds?</p>
    Sanders 87.5%
    Clinton 12.0%

Sanders 60.7%
    Clinton 37.4%

Sanders 51.5%
    Clinton 46.9%

Sanders 39.5%
    Clinton 57.9%

I need to sleep now, up in 6 hours. Night all.
    Suggests the official exit polls will show Sanders a little bit worse. Fingers crossed (for £20)
This discussion has been closed.