Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » LAB moves to 4% lead with Survation and Ed now ahead of Dav

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    New Thread
  • Options
    Bob__SykesBob__Sykes Posts: 1,176
    JohnO said:

ComRes and YouGov are just the tonic for our young and engagingly excitable GIN. But there's no hope for cassandra Bob.

But the Tories DO need to do better and soon.

Hardly Cassandra. There is absolutely no evidence from anywhere that Cameron has a hope in hell of retaining power other than some vague hypothetical assumption that the Tories will do considerably better than the polls say. They probably will but the idea they'll even get to 7 points clear of Labour to repeat 2010 is laughable.

The Ten was a car crash for the Tories. Sure Landale mentioned the two polls showing Tory leads butthe direction is all to Labour and EdM is having a great campaign so far. Fallon's dickish comments today were manna from heaven.

Black Thursday. I'm sure Dave had an amiable time meeting and dining with activists though....
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    SMukesh I was just about to say us lefties weren't taken in while the tories panicked, and then you go and post that
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108
    Shit is, I know Davidson won both. Nicola did well especially in the second but made a huge error. But hell, if Scottish voters say this, I'm with them.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,294
    Sometimes it might be a good idea to slaughter a sheep and examine their innards to see which party the Gods back, but as OGH pointed out 1992 had Labour 7% ahead, very different from the outcome.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Scott_P said:

@SamCoatesTimes: Exclusive: Awful news for Labour in Scotland as SNP take biggest YouGov lead
    (compared to last week)
    SNP 49 +3
    Lab 25 -4
    Con 18 +2
    LD 4 +1

oh dear
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,501
    On topic, I don't accept that this was an Easter effect. Much more likely it was a delayed Debate Effect. The shift is real but I doubt it's deep: a better than expected performance by Ed (or two, if we count Paxman) will not be enough to see him over the line in May. However, he has another two debates to go and if he's not quite looking human, nor is he looking android.

FWIW, I think Labour's going to win. The country doesn't have an adequate appreciation of how much shit we're all in and are going to vote for sparkly trinkets and the nice fuzzy feeling of having other people pay for the state to take care of all the responsibilities in their lives. It's mindless, ignorant, selfish and childish but that doesn't mean it's not going to happen.

p.s. By 'win', I don't mean an outright majority. I mean enough for Miliband to become PM.
  • Options

Pong said:

Pulpstar said:

Harry Cole ‏@MrHarryCole · 2 mins2 minutes ago
    Expecting some over excited Labour poll twitterers to go a bit quiet at ten

Why the f*ck is he on the embargo list and Tissue Price and Pong aren't !
    He's not.
    @Pulpstar

I'm neither embargoed or unembargoed.

I'm frustratingly embargoless, like all of us PB plebs.

:)
    I shall share embargoed polling via the medium of song lyrics.

80s pop music reference = Tory lead

90s pop music reference = Lab lead
    2010s music reference = Freedom, Goodbyee, It's Over Now.
  • Options

Dair said:

saddo said:

The gilts market is starting to stutter.

If Labour get in any position of power, interest rates will go up.

The general population will not only face higher taxes from Labour, but also see their mortgages significantly cost more.

Are they really that stupid?

But increased interest GOOD NEWS for savers who have been stuffed rotten over past few years.

This is one of the most bizarre media claims that exists.

Long term savers do not invest in cash, the interest rate is (virtually) irrelevant to them. Short term and cash savers do not really care whether their £10k makes an extra £10 over a couple of years or not. It;s meaningless to the average person.

Even assuming that most people are "savers". The vast majority of working age people aren't even saving for pensions, let alone cash savings accounts. That died when middle incomes died during the mid 90s.
    During the late 90's. Brown's first budget really. But we won't get you to admit that will we?
    Meantime we will all see where Mr Smithson puts his benefit before the country's
    No, I will admit it. Brown made saving disappointing. Then Miliband and Balls made saving utterly pointless.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

Not convinced that Tories should be happy with tonight's polls. They need to make serious changes to their campaign or Labour are going to win on 35% of the vote.

Tory voters on holiday over easter...see what happens next week
    Tories up 12.5% in Scotland.
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @Scott_P

'@SamCoatesTimes: Exclusive: Awful news for Labour in Scotland as SNP take biggest YouGov lead'

Can't be right surely?

Roger told us that Murphy easily won and to expect a Labour surge in Scotland..

• Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    Dair said:

MaxPB said:

Not convinced that Tories should be happy with tonight's polls. They need to make serious changes to their campaign or Labour are going to win on 35% of the vote.

Tory voters on holiday over easter...see what happens next week
    Tories up 12.5% in Scotland.
    Maybe that's where they were on holiday.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Scott_P said:

@afneil: I suspect the Guardian will be hurriedly changing its front page ...

Alllllllllllllllrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!!!
  • Options
    asjohnstoneasjohnstone Posts: 1,276
    The Scotland stuff is fun, but largely irrelevant as to who gets the keys to Downing St, whilst the SNP leadership may secretly prefer a Tory administration, the rank and file wouldn't stand for active or even passive support of one. It'd be suicide at 2016. Whatever way you cut it, Scotland is going to elect 50+ mps that'll back a Miliband queens speech.

Otherwise, every little movement, which is fine for Labour. I'm not aware of a single poll in the last year that wouldn't result in a Milliband premiership.

Clock is ticking on the tories; they've spend four years saying Ed is crap, now they are trying to change the message to Ed is evil. It doesn't work, it's too late, can't change the message this late.

Massive value in betting markets right now.
  • Options
    scotslassscotslass Posts: 912
    56% Sturgeon
    14% Davidson
    13% Murphy
    1% Rennie

Can we all cast our minds back to the debates when this site's usual suspects were assuring us about the wonderful debating style of Murphy all on the back of tweets from the bunch of hacks posing as journalists.

As I said at the time he was a poor third and poor third he was. He looks and sounds like a deranged bully and people think he is just weird. He can't even carry what's left of the LABOUR vote never mind the general public.

So let us here no more of this nonsence. It is game set and match to oor Nicola.
This discussion has been closed.