Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The European Elections Results Thread

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    corporealcorporeal Posts: 2,549
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Why's Tim Faroon wearing a purple kipper tie ? Is he about to defect ?

It is one of my pet peeves how often party leaders in particular seem to wear ties in their party colours a lot of the time, as if the only difference between them is literally just their tie choice so we can tell them apart, so quite happy for Farron to wear anything but yellow, frankly.

Wearing party colours is fair enough on election night.
    I never meant to imply it wasn't, but you see the leaders in particular often colour code throughout the year. It's not something they do universally, but when they have all at once done so it looks bloody silly, as if the cliche of their being no difference between them to the point we need a visual cue to remind us, is true.
    I like my orange tie.
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,243
    Big business will be excreting bricks over tonight's events.
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

JBriskin said:

Fair enough Carynxy -

I'll be up all night at this rate - I AM DRUNK -

All PBers please pay no attention from me from now on.

Good for you!

I have just opened a bottle of Crimean champagne from the crate reserved for nights like this.

Good man! Make sure you drink it before Putin does!
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    edited May 2014
    The only thing that keeps Clegg in his position is that a majority of the LD parliamentary group are in government, getting out of the coalition means that they lose power, however there is a point where enough is enough.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,256
    edited May 2014
    Classic quote from OGH "If the Euro elections were confined to the two cities that compete in the Boat Race then Ukip would be nowhere." George W Bush would have come behind Ralph Nader if only Harvard and Yale voted
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380
    European turnout across the EU marginally up at 43.1%
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Swiss_Bob said:

Watching the news I'm guessing the FN result will probably have far more effect on those running the EU than the UKIP vote.

I would also add that the FN vote doesn't surprise me at all having lived on the border with France for decades, worked with many French people and having worked in France.

You can call them racists and by UK standards they certainly are but I get the impression that their feelings pretty much align themselves with the general UK populace. They are just less frightened of saying exactly what they feel.

Before I purchased a business in France I was asking some French friends how some British owning the business would be taken locally.

In all seriousness I got the following answer:_

"You will be fine, your not Arab or Parisien
  • Options
    stjohn said:

LD's 5th in SW - nail in the Clegg coffin....

Yep, maybe that 5/1 from Ladbrokes on his early departure is worth a second look.

All it may need is a challenge from one of their big guns ..... Ok, Ok, I know there's only Uncle Vince big enough to stand up to him.

This is a truly awful night for the LibDems, the worst in fact for many years.

Pfp is Professor Anthony King:

"This is a truly awful night for...."

Not quite stjohn - Professor saves his "awful" references exclusively for the Tories. Also, I did say "for many years" - Prof King trots out his description in every Election.
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    I could cope with that next year as I detest Jim Murphy.
    fitalass said:

Twitter
    Rob Murray ‏@robmurray11 3m
    East Renfrewshire council: @ScotTories 8,044, Labour: 7,623, SNP: 6,564 #EPScot

• Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    IIRC, one constituency in Liverpool elected an Irish Nationalist, but Rod is your man for that sort of info.
    Socrates said:

AveryLP said:

MaxPB said:

What the hell is wrong with Tower Hamlets. I just read that all of the London boroughs except TH have reported in with their results. Such a basket case.

Tower Hamlets can't even post their counted votes.

The place is a mess, but the same lot get in each year on the back of Bengali solidarity. Reminds me of some of the corrupt Democratic city machines in the US.
This discussion has been closed.