Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Can 7 times elections failure Farage really be CON leader? – politicalbetting.com

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,688

This is why the far right are as thick as pig shit...if you are going to do a hate crime, you might as do it in fancy dress that makes it impossible for the plod to ID you, rather than your civies.

https://x.com/metpoliceuk/status/1723462651903086632?s=20

I think you’ll be surprised.

Black Blok have been whining for years about being identified despite wearing hoods and masks at protests.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,159

rcs1000 said:

geoffw said:

That Baltic Sea pipeline …
    'Roman Chervinsky, a decorated 48-year-old colonel who served in Ukraine’s Special Operations Forces, was the “coordinator” of the Nord Stream operation, people familiar with his role said, managing logistics and support for a six-person team that rented a sailboat under false identities and used deep-sea diving equipment to place explosive charges on the gas pipelines. On Sept. 26, 2022, three explosions caused massive leaks on the Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines, which run from Russia to Germany under the Baltic Sea. The attack left only one of the four gas links in the network intact as winter approached.'
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/11/11/nordstream-bombing-ukraine-chervinsky/

We've known it was Ukraine for about 18 months now.

What's really amazing, though, is how fungible energy markets turned out to be, and that therefore Europe sailed through last winter without significant disruption.

And now, a year on, Europe's natural gas storage is 99.5% full ahead of winter.
    Does the UK have any natural gas storage yet, or would that require capital investment at the expense of dividends?
    Here are the stats, all in Terrawatt Hours:

Germany has 225 TWh of storage, against annual gas consumption of 888 TWh. So it has three months of supplies.

France has 134 TWh of storage, against 441 TWh of consumption, which is just under four months.

The UK has 10 TWh of storage, against 769 TWh of consumption, which is four and a half days of supplies.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,302
    edited November 2023

This is why the far right are as thick as pig shit...if you are going to do a hate crime, you might as do it in fancy dress that makes it impossible for the plod to ID you, rather than your civies.

https://x.com/metpoliceuk/status/1723462651903086632?s=20

I think you’ll be surprised.

Black Blok have been whining for years about being identified despite wearing hoods and masks at protests.
    Are they not normally given away by their brightly coloured hair peaking out from under the hoods ;-)
  • Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,860
    nico679 said:

Leon said:

This is the most shameful day in the history of PB. Denying what is obvious: hatred of Jews, celebrated by tens of thousands

No ones denying there were some on the march who were clearly anti Semitic but with that many people that’s not really a huge shock . As disappointing as that was the vast majority were simply supporting a ceasefire.I wonder what would have happened with 300,000 plus EDL marching ?

Those who just want to see an end to the deaths are getting fed up of being lectured to and judged because they don’t think Israel has a free pass to act outside of international law .
    define a ceasefire that doesnt mean hamas gets chance to rearm to have a redo? Now I dont have a love for israel either but frankly till you can define the first there aint going to be a ceasefire that israel will agree with.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,626
    rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

rcs1000 said:

geoffw said:

'Roman Chervinsky, a decorated 48-year-old colonel who served in Ukraine’s Special Operations Forces, was the “coordinator” of the Nord Stream operation, people familiar with his role said, managing logistics and support for a six-person team that rented a sailboat under false identities and used deep-sea diving equipment to place explosive charges on the gas pipelines. On Sept. 26, 2022, three explosions caused massive leaks on the Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines, which run from Russia to Germany under the Baltic Sea. The attack left only one of the four gas links in the network intact as winter approached.'
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/11/11/nordstream-bombing-ukraine-chervinsky/

What's really amazing, though, is how fungible energy markets turned out to be, and that therefore Europe sailed through last winter without significant disruption.

Wait, so I was right AGAIN? It wasn't Russia after all?

Knock me dahn with a fevver, etc
    Ummm.

Weren't you pushing that it was THE USA that did it?

No, I said it was likely the USA that enabled it, but they would have used a proxy, for sure. For deniability

I do not believe Ukraine would and could have done this, without the permission and assistance of the USA. Do you?

Do you want me to go back and find the comments where you claimed it was possibly rivals of Putin, in Russia, trying to discredit him? lol
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,878
    HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

@OpiniumResearch

🚨 New polling in conjuction with
    @ObserverUK

Labour’s lead is back up to 17 points from 15 a fortnight ago.

•Labour 43% (+1)
    •Conservatives 26% (-1)
    •Lib Dems 11% (+1)
    •SNP 3% (n/c)
    •Greens 6% (-1)
    •Reform 9% (+1)

That 9% now voting Reform is closer to the 12% who voted UKIP in 2015 than the 3% who voted Brexit party or UKIP in 2019.

Sunak cannot afford to keep leaking Tory voters to his right to Reform, especially given the votes he has already lost in the redwall and other marginal seats Boris won to Labour
    Yeah, but those REFUK voters don't really exist, which is why REFUK does so badly in real elections, and the Tories don't benefit from their real vote being lower.

https://sotn.newstatesman.com/2023/07/polls-overstating-support-reform

Grasping at straws @HYUFD
    They did exist in 2015 when 12% voted UKIP and most of those voters who voted Conservative in 2017 and 2019 are now voting ReformUK.

At the same time Sunak has lost redwall Leave voters Boris won in 2019 back to Labour and many Remain voters who voted for Cameron are voting for Starmer or the LDs
    We’ve all sorts on here, but, AFAIK, nobody has made a case for ReformUK.

I think UK needs reform but I suspect I’m a long, long way from being a ReformUK voter!
    LuckyGuy or Richard Tyndall and maybe Pagan probably closest to ReformUK on here
    I think a Tyndall eyebrow might be raised at that suggestion.
    I have never voted reform uk nor would i, neither ukip. They do not conform in the least with what I think
    Your comments tonight are certainly closer to Reform UK than Starmer Labour, the LDs or even the Sunak Tories
    They're closer to the Monster Raving Loony Party too.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

@OpiniumResearch

@ObserverUK

•Labour 43% (+1)
    •Conservatives 26% (-1)
    •Lib Dems 11% (+1)
    •SNP 3% (n/c)
    •Greens 6% (-1)
    •Reform 9% (+1)

That 9% now voting Reform is closer to the 12% who voted UKIP in 2015 than the 3% who voted Brexit party or UKIP in 2019.

Sunak cannot afford to keep leaking Tory voters to his right to Reform, especially given the votes he has already lost in the redwall and other marginal seats Boris won to Labour
    Yeah, but those REFUK voters don't really exist, which is why REFUK does so badly in real elections, and the Tories don't benefit from their real vote being lower.

They did exist in 2015 when 12% voted UKIP and most of those voters who voted Conservative in 2017 and 2019 are now voting ReformUK.

At the same time Sunak has lost redwall Leave voters Boris won in 2019 back to Labour and many Remain voters who voted for Cameron are voting for Starmer or the LDs

I think UK needs reform but I suspect I’m a long, long way from being a ReformUK voter!
    LuckyGuy or Richard Tyndall and maybe Pagan probably closest to ReformUK on here
    I have never voted reform uk nor would i, neither ukip. They do not conform in the least with what I think
    Your comments tonight are certainly closer to Reform UK than Starmer Labour, the LDs or even the Sunak Tories
    To be fair, MRLP had some good policies, at least in comparison to the current shit show on offer.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

@OpiniumResearch

@ObserverUK

•Labour 43% (+1)
    •Conservatives 26% (-1)
    •Lib Dems 11% (+1)
    •SNP 3% (n/c)
    •Greens 6% (-1)
    •Reform 9% (+1)

They are one of the few sane parties when you look at the idiocy of the tories, labour and lib dems
  • Options

“Hitler knew how to deal with these people"

Angry anti-Israel protester sharing his twisted views today in London.

https://x.com/visegrad24/status/1723468325894619240?s=20

Oskar Schindler: "Someday this is all going to end, you know. I was going to say we'll have a drink then."

Itzhak Stern: "I think I'd better have it now."
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

@OpiniumResearch

@ObserverUK

•Labour 43% (+1)
    •Conservatives 26% (-1)
    •Lib Dems 11% (+1)
    •SNP 3% (n/c)
    •Greens 6% (-1)
    •Reform 9% (+1)

To be fair, MRLP had some good policies, at least in comparison to the current shit show on offer.
    I particularly like: "We propose to prevent identity theft instantly by calling everyone Chris."
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,064
    Peter Tatchell appears to have been rejected from the march on the basis that he is a 'troublemaker.'

https://twitter.com/PeterTatchell/status/1723441409410158949

Apparently because he supported arming Ukraine. Might it be because his placard criticised Hamas as well as Israel?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

@OpiniumResearch

@ObserverUK

•Labour 43% (+1)
    •Conservatives 26% (-1)
    •Lib Dems 11% (+1)
    •SNP 3% (n/c)
    •Greens 6% (-1)
    •Reform 9% (+1)

I particularly like: "We propose to prevent identity theft instantly by calling everyone Chris."
    Sounds like i need to not give them my vote as I dont want to be called chris
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,201
    Leon said:

"Hitler knew how to deal with these people"

One of the pro-Hamas supporters speaks his mind on Israel on the streets of London, England.

Antisemitism is on the rise globally. http://BattleForLondon.com.

https://x.com/ThevoiceAlexa/status/1723458389152588221?s=20

I remember one thing that set me apart from a lot of other Western students in Middle Eastern studies was my being German. Not because it provided me with some unique insight, but because people across the region would regularly come up to me and congratulate me on the Holocaust.

https://x.com/tobiaschneider/status/1718877522593567182

• Options
    edited November 2023

Leon said:

This is the most shameful day in the history of PB. Denying what is obvious: hatred of Jews, celebrated by tens of thousands

Surely the most shameful day in the history of PB was when somebody declared that they expected Liz Truss to surprise on the upside?
    Maybe it was that day in November 2021 when someone extolled the virtues of one Vladimir Putin, noting that he "is certainly not some mad aggressive autocrat"
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,064
    For all my criticisms of the marches I still think Suella Braverman was wrong to call them 'hate marches.'

Helen Lewis was on the march and said most of the people were simply calling for a ceasefire. However when you consider who the organisers were, the peaceniks feel like useful idiots.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

@OpiniumResearch

@ObserverUK

•Labour 43% (+1)
    •Conservatives 26% (-1)
    •Lib Dems 11% (+1)
    •SNP 3% (n/c)
    •Greens 6% (-1)
    •Reform 9% (+1)

You just told us they were one of the sane parties!
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,962

nico679 said:

The assistant commissioners statement shows the unhappiness within the Met police at the Tories attempts to fan the flames .

Do you have a link to this statement?
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2023/nov/11/pro-palestine-march-london-israel-hamas-war-gaza-armistice-day
    … Speaking about the Palestine Solidarity Campaign (PSC) march, Twist said it had not displayed the sort of physical violence carried out by the rightwing protesters. He said:

We know that for London’s Jewish communities, whose fears and concerns we absolutely recognise, the impact of hate crime and in particular antisemitic offences is just as significant.
    At the end of the PSC march, we once again saw breakaway groups behaving in an intimidating manner.
    Officers intercepted a group of 150 who were wearing face coverings and firing fireworks. Arrests were made after some of the fireworks struck officers in the face.

There were also a number of serious offences identified in relation to hate crime and possible support for proscribed organisations during the protest that we are actively investigating.
    Commenting on the challenge of policing a crowd of the size that was at the pro-Palestinian march seen today, Twist said that it had been made more difficult by the violence of far-right protesters:

Locating and intercepting suspects in a crowd of the size we saw today will always be challenging, but we were further limited in our ability to do so due to the number of officers we had to deploy, from early in the day, in response to violence from the rightwing groups in central London.
    He added that the Met would publish images of some of the suspects soon and vowed to “pursue all available lines of inquiry to identify suspects and take action even after the conclusion of protests”. Twist ends with a reminder that many officers are still deployed across central London, responding to any outbreaks of disorder and ensuring key sites are protected before tomorrow’s remembrance events...
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

@OpiniumResearch

@ObserverUK

•Labour 43% (+1)
    •Conservatives 26% (-1)
    •Lib Dems 11% (+1)
    •SNP 3% (n/c)
    •Greens 6% (-1)
    •Reform 9% (+1)

Well till I heard about that policy, they are still saner than most
  • Options

For all my criticisms of the marches I still think Suella Braverman was wrong to call them 'hate marches.'

Helen Lewis was on the march and said most of the people were simply calling for a ceasefire. However when you consider who the organisers were, the peaceniks feel like useful idiots.

Braveman's certainly been a useful idiot for SKS - taken the focus off his Shadow Cabinet ceasefire issues.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,335
    edited November 2023

Leon said:

Surely the most shameful day in the history of PB was when somebody declared that they expected Liz Truss to surprise on the upside?
    Closely followed by the Pre Shaved Parmesan Confessions.
  • Options
    Jim_MillerJim_Miller Posts: 2,534
    As it happened, I read an article today about a possibly-free golf club membership given to President Biden in 2001 when he was a senator, making a little over 200K a year. In that year, he reported charitable giving of $360.

In contrast, George W. Bush almost tithed when he was president. For example: "The 2002 tax return of President George W. Bush and his wife, Laura, shows itemized charitable deductions totaling $69,925, or about 8 percent of their income, the Associated Press reports."
    source: https://philanthropynewsdigest.org/news/bushes-give-8-percent-of-income-to-charity

And has done even better than that since he left the White House. For example: "Former President George W. Bush recently donated $100,000 to Catholic Charities USA in recognition of the group’s work with immigrants and refugees, the organization said this week.

On Wednesday, Catholic Charities USA shared a letter they received from Bush, thanking the 43rd president for his donation and his “kind words.”

In his letter, Bush had written that he was donating the proceeds from his new book, “Out of Many, One: Portraits of America's Immigrants,” to organizations that support immigrants and refugees."

Charitable giving is one of the ways I judge how kind a person is, especially if they are intelligent about it.

Another is how they treat people they don't have to be nice to. Bush made a point of having Christmas at Camp David because he knew that would allow most of the White House staff to have Chrismas with their famliies.

(I'd be interested in hearing how David Cameron compares with, for example, Jeremy Corbyn, in both those ways.)
  • Options
    Leon said:

Not sure about tens of thousands but there can be no doubt whatsoever that a chunk of the 'ceasefire now' crowd were there because they hate jews.

• Options

Leon said:

Closely followed by the Shaved Parmesan Confessions.
    And the Troilism For Beginners thread.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

@OpiniumResearch

@ObserverUK

•Labour 43% (+1)
    •Conservatives 26% (-1)
    •Lib Dems 11% (+1)
    •SNP 3% (n/c)
    •Greens 6% (-1)
    •Reform 9% (+1)

You may need to do a bit more research...

https://www.loonyparty.com/about/policy-proposals/
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,614
    Nigelb said:

nico679 said:

The assistant commissioners statement shows the unhappiness within the Met police at the Tories attempts to fan the flames .

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2023/nov/11/pro-palestine-march-london-israel-hamas-war-gaza-armistice-day
    … Speaking about the Palestine Solidarity Campaign (PSC) march, Twist said it had not displayed the sort of physical violence carried out by the rightwing protesters. He said:

We know that for London’s Jewish communities, whose fears and concerns we absolutely recognise, the impact of hate crime and in particular antisemitic offences is just as significant.
    At the end of the PSC march, we once again saw breakaway groups behaving in an intimidating manner.
    Officers intercepted a group of 150 who were wearing face coverings and firing fireworks. Arrests were made after some of the fireworks struck officers in the face.

There were also a number of serious offences identified in relation to hate crime and possible support for proscribed organisations during the protest that we are actively investigating.
    Commenting on the challenge of policing a crowd of the size that was at the pro-Palestinian march seen today, Twist said that it had been made more difficult by the violence of far-right protesters:

Locating and intercepting suspects in a crowd of the size we saw today will always be challenging, but we were further limited in our ability to do so due to the number of officers we had to deploy, from early in the day, in response to violence from the rightwing groups in central London.
    He added that the Met would publish images of some of the suspects soon and vowed to “pursue all available lines of inquiry to identify suspects and take action even after the conclusion of protests”. Twist ends with a reminder that many officers are still deployed across central London, responding to any outbreaks of disorder and ensuring key sites are protected before tomorrow’s remembrance events...
    Thanks.
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

@OpiniumResearch

@ObserverUK

•Labour 43% (+1)
    •Conservatives 26% (-1)
    •Lib Dems 11% (+1)
    •SNP 3% (n/c)
    •Greens 6% (-1)
    •Reform 9% (+1)

You may need to do a bit more research...

https://www.loonyparty.com/about/policy-proposals/
    Not really needing to when all the main parties are tosspots with no idea's apart from carry on as we have been. We already know it doesnt work so why continue the insanity
  • Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,257

French catching some flak here. Never had them down as part of the whitey axis of evil.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,688
    edited November 2023

Leon said:

Closely followed by the Shaved Parmesan Confessions.
    And the Troilism For Beginners thread.
    Wasn’t that Ended by The Nick Palmer Revelation?
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,809
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

geoffw said:

Does the UK have any natural gas storage yet, or would that require capital investment at the expense of dividends?

Germany has 225 TWh of storage, against annual gas consumption of 888 TWh. So it has three months of supplies.

France has 134 TWh of storage, against 441 TWh of consumption, which is just under four months.

The UK has 10 TWh of storage, against 769 TWh of consumption, which is four and a half days of supplies.
    Those silly Continental Europeans and their nationalised energy companies
  • Options
    CatMan said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

geoffw said:

Nope. Nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    nico679nico679 Posts: 5,076

Nigelb said:

nico679 said:

Thanks.
    In the full tweet from Twist he talks about the intense debate about the protests and policing increasing community tensions . That’s the key part because he’s effectively blaming Braverman and to a degree Sunak.
  • Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,257
    CatMan said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

geoffw said:

When you have LNG terminals, as we do, each cargo you have bought, and which is heading towards you, is storage. If one sinks or blows up, there are others. Not so with pipelines.
  • Options
    Jim_MillerJim_Miller Posts: 2,534
    Here's the GWB book: https://www.amazon.com/Out-Many-One-Portraits-Immigrants/dp/0593136969
    (I assume any profits are still going to charities.)
  • Options
    ohnotnowohnotnow Posts: 2,972
    CatMan said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

geoffw said:

The idiots. Next they'll end up owning our energy companies!

Thank goodness that would never happen.
  • Options
    Fireworks being let off in the street outside my flat. How terrifying is this for local Jewish people?

We have bred something hateful
  • Options
    Leon said:

Fireworks being let off in the street outside my flat. How terrifying is this for local Jewish people?

only against the wrong targets
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Leon said:

It is utterly disgraceful. And PB thinks this is all great and "largely peaceful". Shame, shame, shame
  • Options
    carnforth said:

French catching some flak here. Never had them down as part of the whitey axis of evil.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67378875

"Macron condemns rising antisemitism and Israeli bombing of civilians"
  • Options
    Leon said:

Pagan2 said:

Leon said:

It is utterly disgraceful. And PB thinks this is all great and "largely peaceful". Shame, shame, shame
    pb is wrong. targets should be politicians and journalists
  • Options
    Leon said:

Could be Diwali? It's on Monday this year.
  • Options

Leon said:

Closely followed by the Pre Shaved Parmesan Confessions.
    Let us not forget the microwave rice. Blessed be thy name. For the boil in the bag curry far surppaseth thost of the home-madeth. Damned be those who mix the riceth and the watereth in a pot - even those of the electric which are designed for thine purpoth. They doth wasteth the lords time when they could pop'n'ping.
  • Options

Leon said:

Could be Diwali? It's on Monday this year.
    Diwali fireworks been going off for the past few hours here, for sure.
  • Options
    Powerful stuff.

Joe Biden
    @JoeBiden
    ·
    51m
    If you don’t respect our troops, you can’t lead them.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1723468898668822864
  • Options
    TimSTimS Posts: 9,873
    edited November 2023

carnforth said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67378875

"Macron condemns rising antisemitism and Israeli bombing of civilians"
    France has always been part of the “whitey axis of evil” in the eyes of people in the Middle East and North Africa. Particularly North Africa.

The galling thing is the Russians, who have more Levantine blood on their hands than anyone in the last decade, somehow escape the opprobrium.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,302
    edited November 2023
    This thread has been shut down like and a EDL ruckus at the Cenotaph.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,536

Leon said:

Lol, +1

That prior could also have been taken as a duff betting tip (for the year of PMs departure market and outcome of subsequent elections) on which readers’ money might rest.
  • Options
    The speculation that Nigel Farage might become Leader of the Conservative Party calls to mind one of Groucho Marx's quips: "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member."
This discussion has been closed.