Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Do the Tories know what they are getting with Truss? – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,986
    edited July 2022
    Carnyx said:

Did you lot see this? Ms Truss - or at least her Dept - seemingly involved in a diplomatic row.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2022/jul/28/uk-in-diplomatic-standoff-over-deletion-of-abortion-rights-from-gender-statement

You won't get global agreement to abortion on demand etc especially from Africa, Latin America and much of Asia and Eastern Europe and as we have recently seen, the US
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,202

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

It's amusing that a forum where, a few hours ago, posters were up in arms about women's rights, now features posts concerning rumours and sexual tittle-tattle about a female candidate, where the make candidate goes unremarked. Often from the same posters.

It must be the *correct* form of sexism...

Well I have tittle tattle about Sunak's sexuality if that's what's bothering you. Though personally I have no idea whether it's true and it doesn't reflect badly on him in any event. IMO
    You appear to have tittle-tattle on lots of people in Westminster. Perhaps you ought to consider that the 'tittle-tattle' might be the same as Lord McAlpine's, which he suffered for many years before it was proved wrong.

I'd have thought a top lawyer such as yourself would have realised that.
    Don't be so pompous. Which bit of "I have no idea whether it's true and it doesn't reflect badly on him in any event. IMO." did you not understand?

It's not been me sharing rumours about Ms Truss either. And what I have heard about her is not at all what has been shared on here.

I am well aware of how harmful unsubstantiated allegations can be. I have pointed this out both in relation to Prince Andrew BTL and in thread headers in relation to the very great harm done by the police over malicious allegations of child abuse.
    It's not being pompous. You say you're aware of how harmful unsubstantiated rumours can be then say on several occasions that you know things - but you can't possible say them on here about individuals you name.

If you can't say them, don't mention them.

Back in 1997, a friend took me around parliament. He was doing a summer placement with a new MP after Blair's victory. During that visit, he told me about some tittle-tattle he had heard about McAlpine. He thought that would be of interest to me due to the connection with the civ eng giant.

McAlpine had to live with those 'rumours' being spread behind his back for at least fifteen years. Nudge-nudge, wink-wink.

It's not just the police: it's everyone on-line.
    Try reading what I wrote rather than what you think I wrote.
    I did, thanks. Now, how about a proper response?
    I can only repeat what I said before. I have heard some tittle tattle about both candidates. One is amusing but not surprising and has been, if true, in the public domain since at least 2018 - and not put there by me but by the Tory whips. The other is not even harmful to my mind. I have not shared any of it on here.

Address your remarks to those who have clogged up this thread and others with endless, tedious and somewhat adolescent speculation about and adolescent jokes on one candidate's alleged sexual preferences.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,979
    So...

Is an 8-year old too young to go to a production of Julius Ceasar? He's read the book, but the production is rated 12+ for 'depictions of war, self-harm, suicide, violence, blood and offensive language'

Well, he's read the book, and he lives with me, so offensive language is not unknown to him. I *think* he can cope with it, and he's keen.

I'm partially more concerned about whether he can sit through two-and-a-half hours of it. So, would we be foolish to take him?
  • Options

eek said:

Scott_xP said:

They think they are getting continuity BoZo.

Truss will say anything to anybody to win the vote, then spectacularly fail to deliver any of it.

Crash and burn, perhaps within the year

I doubt she will crash and burn to the point that she is replaced before a General Election (she will need to doing seriously badly for the risk of replacing her to be worth it) but I suspect Labour will drop a few percentage during a short honeymoon period but be back to 10% leads before March next year.
    It’s why the best chance of a GE win is to go to the country in October this year. Won’t happen but she (Truss) probably won’t win if she holds on to 2024/25.

In October - when people learn by how much their heating costs go up????

That would be .... brave.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Good from Rishi. Family stuff faintly hinting at No such thing as society
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,191

So...

Is an 8-year old too young to go to a production of Julius Ceasar? He's read the book, but the production is rated 12+ for 'depictions of war, self-harm, suicide, violence, blood and offensive language'

Well, he's read the book, and he lives with me, so offensive language is not unknown to him. I *think* he can cope with it, and he's keen.

I'm partially more concerned about whether he can sit through two-and-a-half hours of it. So, would we be foolish to take him?

He'll understand what, one word in three? And that's assuming a very high level of intelligence.

So will be bored out of his mind.

That would be a 'no' to me, but he's your son.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,204
    stodge said:

Cyclefree said:

Cookie said:

Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

THE FINLAND RUMOUR is actually a cracking title for a political thriller

If we could weave in some banking scandals as well (I'll provide the plot and knowhow, you can provide the sex) we have the next big drama. Which can make us all millionaires. Well me, hopefully.

Then we can have an outrageously sybaritic PB party on a Cumbrian beach before aliens come to annihilate us all.
    The world ending on a Cumbrian beach brings to mind short lived 1990 sitcom 'Not with a bang' which was set up your way - for years I thought I had dreamed this as no-one else in real life seemed to remember it.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_with_a_Bang
    I recently listened to The Stranding on BBC iPlayer about 2 people on a beach as the world is rocked by some sort of nuclear annihilation and survive by climbing into the mouth of a whale.

I rather liked it.
    There's a thing about the end of the world and beaches - the final scene of "The Last Hours" is on a beach, while we have of course "On The Beach" by Nevil Shute.
    On the Beach is of course also one of Neil Young's greatest LPs.

• Options

stodge said:

Cyclefree said:

Cookie said:

Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

If we could weave in some banking scandals as well (I'll provide the plot and knowhow, you can provide the sex) we have the next big drama. Which can make us all millionaires. Well me, hopefully.

Then we can have an outrageously sybaritic PB party on a Cumbrian beach before aliens come to annihilate us all.
    The world ending on a Cumbrian beach brings to mind short lived 1990 sitcom 'Not with a bang' which was set up your way - for years I thought I had dreamed this as no-one else in real life seemed to remember it.
    I recently listened to The Stranding on BBC iPlayer about 2 people on a beach as the world is rocked by some sort of nuclear annihilation and survive by climbing into the mouth of a whale.

I rather liked it.
    There's a thing about the end of the world and beaches - the final scene of "The Last Hours" is on a beach, while we have of course "On The Beach" by Nevil Shute.

Yebbut that seventies colour beach umbrella

Dale points out that was Cameron 2005, no notes
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,077
    Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

It's amusing that a forum where, a few hours ago, posters were up in arms about women's rights, now features posts concerning rumours and sexual tittle-tattle about a female candidate, where the make candidate goes unremarked. Often from the same posters.

Well I have tittle tattle about Sunak's sexuality if that's what's bothering you. Though personally I have no idea whether it's true and it doesn't reflect badly on him in any event. IMO
    You appear to have tittle-tattle on lots of people in Westminster. Perhaps you ought to consider that the 'tittle-tattle' might be the same as Lord McAlpine's, which he suffered for many years before it was proved wrong.

Don't be so pompous. Which bit of "I have no idea whether it's true and it doesn't reflect badly on him in any event. IMO." did you not understand?

It's not been me sharing rumours about Ms Truss either. And what I have heard about her is not at all what has been shared on here.

I am well aware of how harmful unsubstantiated allegations can be. I have pointed this out both in relation to Prince Andrew BTL and in thread headers in relation to the very great harm done by the police over malicious allegations of child abuse.
    It's not being pompous. You say you're aware of how harmful unsubstantiated rumours can be then say on several occasions that you know things - but you can't possible say them on here about individuals you name.

Back in 1997, a friend took me around parliament. He was doing a summer placement with a new MP after Blair's victory. During that visit, he told me about some tittle-tattle he had heard about McAlpine. He thought that would be of interest to me due to the connection with the civ eng giant.

McAlpine had to live with those 'rumours' being spread behind his back for at least fifteen years. Nudge-nudge, wink-wink.

I can only repeat what I said before. I have heard some tittle tattle about both candidates. One is amusing but not surprising and has been, if true, in the public domain since at least 2018 - and not put there by me but by the Tory whips. The other is not even harmful to my mind. I have not shared any of it on here.

Address your remarks to those who have clogged up this thread and others with endless, tedious and somewhat adolescent speculation about and adolescent jokes on one candidate's alleged sexual preferences.
    Point of order: it was La Truss who chose to wear THAT necklace and THAT dress on live national TV. She must have reckoned with the chance that there would be some high IQ viewer, also acquainted with kinkery, who would be watching

And it’s not like it was a one off. She wears that stuff all the time
  • Options

So...

I'm all in favour of taking children to the theatre. But if it's rated 12+ I'd be cautious. Were he 11 nearly 12 that might be one thing. But 8 is quite a lot younger than 12. Talk to the theatre and ask them how graphic it all is.

Images can be a lot more disturbing than reading about the same events in a book.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Ahem. Your comment in response to mine was: "Well I have tittle tattle about Sunak's sexuality if that's what's bothering you."

I'd argue such tittle-tattle is little better than 'adolescent speculation', as all tittle-tattle / gossip is.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

You're watching this? I didn't know you were into sadism.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

So...

He'll understand what, one word in three? And that's assuming a very high level of intelligence.

Plus one. Don't do it.
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,343

So...

Don't risk it. Downstream a couple of film or television versions which you can discuss with him. One risk you've not accounted for is that he noisily demands to know why the director has left out this or that scene, or set it in the "wrong" place.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,269
    IshmaelZ said:

Which channel?
  • Options
    The circular audience seating for the two candidates is a nightmare as they are not trained actors. Turn and turn and turn again to keep everyone engaged whilst trying to remember your lines.

This is just cruel.

• Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,884
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

You're watching this? I didn't know you were into sadism.
    Masochism, surely?
  • Options
    londonpubmanlondonpubman Posts: 3,189

IshmaelZ said:

Which channel?
    Sky News is covering it
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,775
    Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Point of order: it was La Truss who chose to wear THAT necklace and THAT dress on live national TV. She must have reckoned with the chance that there would be some high IQ viewer, also acquainted with kinkery, who would be watching

I'll regret this I know, but what's the significance of the dress?
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

So...

Thanks to yourself and Ms Free. He saw the poster in town and really wants to see it. I think he can cope with it, but I'm slightly concerned. Perhaps that concern should be warning enough.

We are going to do the summer Shakespeare festival with him, though. A picnic on a collage lawn, with Shakespeare. it could only be more English if it was held at the Orchard. We haven't been for five years, and that was without him.
    https://cambridgeshakespeare.com/
  • Options

So...

Don't risk it. Downstream a couple of film or television versions which you can discuss with him. One risk you've not accounted for is that he noisily demands to know why the director has left out this or that scene, or set it in the "wrong" place.
    There's a very good 1950s film of it starring Marlon Brando (improbably) but I don't think it's on YouTube.
  • Options
    Truss apologises to any of her teachers who are in the audience.

No wonder as she has totally trashed them in recent days.
  • Options
    TazTaz Posts: 11,147

stodge said:

Cyclefree said:

Cookie said:

Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

I rather liked it.

And one of Cliff’s better songs. In the film he danced with Una Stubbs while singing it. Now there’s someone who has long been the subjected of a totally unsubstantiated online rumour, one that probably predates the internet.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

Which channel?
    Sky News is covering it
    And LBC, including on Youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3l9UDELtnk
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

Which channel?
    Sky News is covering it
    Ah, thanks. Might clash with the Empire Commonwealth Games opening ceremony...
  • Options
    Truss segues from yorkshire rhubarb to Putin without drawing a single breath. LOL

• Options

IshmaelZ said:

Which channel?
    Sky News is covering it
    Ah, thanks. Might clash with the Empire Commonwealth Games opening ceremony...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=-3l9UDELtnk&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Not sure I know a secret I am not going to tell you even makes it as adolescent. I do have a clear understanding of what is potentially defamatory in English law and what is not though.
  • Options
    Liz Truss's opening is better than Rishi's imo. More on policy, and she is matching his Cameronesque stroll round the set. Laying on the Yorkshire stuff will help too.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,775

Truss segues from yorkshire rhubarb to Putin without drawing a single breath. LOL

Well they are both best crumbled.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Liz has got this.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,847
    I would not take my 7 going on 8 yo girl to see Shakespeare. She’d be bored witless.

She has recently however got into reading the “Murder Most Unladylike” series for kids, which deal with murder, infidelity, and suicide.

I’ve decided I’m ok with it, she really laps them up.
  • Options
    She’s wearing the necklace AGAIN

It is impossible she doesn’t know by now. So we can only conclude she knows and she’s cool with it and she doesn’t care. She’s at ease. Good for her
  • Options
    Truss has by far the better script.

But she is a poor actor/deliverer. The jokes sometimes aren't bad but they don't actually "sound" like jokes with her speaking skills.

Not her fault - it is clearly a weakness. But looks like it wont matter now.

And it almost certainly wont matter in GE 2024 as Starmer is equally poor to be honest.

• Options
    That is really surprising from Truss. Really at ease, no notes, in Leeds
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

Which channel?
    LBC YouTube
  • Options

Truss has by far the better script.

But she is a poor actor/deliverer. The jokes sometimes aren't bad but they don't actually "sound" like jokes with her speaking skills.

Not her fault - it is clearly a weakness. But looks like it wont matter now.

And it almost certainly wont matter in GE 2024 as Starmer is equally poor to be honest.

The crucial thing is that Truss is outperforming expectations
  • Options

Some people are very comfortable in leads.
  • Options
    Leon said:

It is impossible she doesn’t know by now. So we can only conclude she knows and she’s cool with it and she doesn’t care. She’s at ease. Good for her

I take it you won't "switch" your vote now?
  • Options

Home town advantage?

• Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,056
    Iain Dale says Truss’s performance was better than Sunak’s and she’s exceeded his expectations.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Lady from Dewsbury giving it large on LBC right now. Sounds like she is channelling Nora Batty.
  • Options
    MISTYMISTY Posts: 1,594
    Liz seems to grasp that the red wall is not afraid of a bit of conservatism. They don't mind it. They expect it. They voted for it.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Liz has got this.

Sunak out at 7 tonight.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,594

I would not take my 7 going on 8 yo girl to see Shakespeare. She’d be bored witless.

She has recently however got into reading the “Murder Most Unladylike” series for kids, which deal with murder, infidelity, and suicide.

I’ve decided I’m ok with it, she really laps them up.

When Fox jr2 was 8 he rather enjoyed Shakespeare. A fair bit of the language was over his head, but in a good production the rhythm and tone of the speeches get the point across anyway.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

Liz has got this.

Sunak out at 7 tonight.
    Really? It's nearly 8 and I haven't heard anything.
  • Options

Leon said:

She is thrashing Sunak.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Some people are very comfortable in leads.
    No need to Aire your proclivities in such sordid detail.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,413
    Leon said:

She can't really not wear it now. I suspect it will be retired quietly after the campaign.

In a way, being kinky is somewhat in the tradition of senior Tories. I am faintly bemused as to why one would express it in jewellery whilst running for high office though.

• Options
    Foxy said:

Leon said:

She is thrashing Sunak.
    So they've abandoned the politics now?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    MISTY said:

Liz seems to grasp that the red wall is not afraid of a bit of conservatism. They don't mind it. They expect it. They voted for it.

Is it conservatism though or english national popularism?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Leon said:

She is thrashing Sunak.
    Liz Truss's speech writer has earned his bonus.
  • Options
    Liz is really dominating this contest.
    The country will be punished.
  • Options
    MPartridgeMPartridge Posts: 156
    Anyone else watching the Commonwealth games opening?
  • Options
    Omnium said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

I'll regret this I know, but what's the significance of the dress?
    See them both together here. Dress and necklace

• Options

Lady from Dewsbury giving it large on LBC right now. Sounds like she is channelling Nora Batty.

I don't understand why there are long breaks which have to be filled by fone in windowlickers
  • Options

Just out of curiosity :)
  • Options

Does anyone remember our safe word?
  • Options

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Ahem. Your comment in response to mine was: "Well I have tittle tattle about Sunak's sexuality if that's what's bothering you."

I'd argue such tittle-tattle is little better than 'adolescent speculation', as all tittle-tattle / gossip is.
    Would you like to quote the next sentence I wrote? No?

I'll remind you - "Though personally I have no idea whether it's true and it doesn't reflect badly on him in any event. IMO."
  • Options

Iain Dale says Truss’s performance was better than Sunak’s and she’s exceeded his expectations.

I can only hope she far exceeds my expectations when she gets the job.
  • Options

MISTY said:

Is it conservatism though or english national popularism?
    Excellent question. I'm not sure of the answer.
  • Options
    Rishi doing his best to answer the frankly impossible question about why he’s u-turned over tax cuts.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Foxy said:

Does anyone remember our safe word?
    "Eta kuram na smekh!"
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Leon said:

She can't really not wear it now. I suspect it will be retired quietly after the campaign.

In a way, being kinky is somewhat in the tradition of senior Tories. I am faintly bemused as to why one would express it in jewellery whilst running for high office though.

I have no idea if this applies to Truss, but some subs get a kick out of discreetly exhibiting their ‘owned’ status to the vanilla world, which largely remains clueless. Yet other kinksters will recognize it

This is a plot device in Story of O, if I recall correctly - a foundational text of BDSM
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,056
    Having a true contest has definitely been good for the Tories. If Sunak had got it without one, it would have been a disaster, and if Truss had got it without one, she wouldn’t have had chance to change people’s perceptions of her.
  • Options
    TazTaz Posts: 11,147

We are. In UHD.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,381
    Set an alarm for your lunch hour tomorrow: the result of the Wagatha Christie trial is expected at noon.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,960

So...

When I was just turned 10, my mother (OGHs wife) took me to see Kenneth Branagh as Henry V at the RSC, and I absolutely loved it.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Leon said:

She is thrashing Sunak.
    .....Goodness knows what Leon would pay right now for that kind of action...
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

I'll remind you - "Though personally I have no idea whether it's true and it doesn't reflect badly on him in any event. IMO."
    And I have explained why neither element of that is relevant any more than allegedly or innocent face would be.
  • Options
    If Sunak had taken charge of Tories as Opposition leader after, say, eight years of Lab government I think he would have come across as the young, fresh, talented candidate who would change things - touches of Blair when he is on form and in 'teacher politician' mode.

But that is not the situation now...
  • Options
    MISTY said:

Foxy said:

Leon said:

She is thrashing Sunak.
    .....Goodness knows what Leon would pay right now for that kind of action...
    Zero, given that I take the Taxi not the Tube. As we say
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,884

Set an alarm for your lunch hour tomorrow: the result of the Wagatha Christie trial is expected at noon.

Shall we do a sweepstake on the value of Jamie Vardy’s legal bill?
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,343
    Let's get to the important stuff. Brilliant last over by Chris Jordan.
  • Options

Let's get to the important stuff. Brilliant last over by Chris Jordan.

Once again brilliant, his bowling and fielding yesterday was spot on as well
  • Options
    Pretty thin applause for the Put phatboi on the ballot proposal. Ferrari was expecting more.
  • Options
    Did Biden have Covid or was he just getting another face lift?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    So these Commonwealth Games, they're just like the proper Olympics, but without the top nations such as the US, China, Russia, etc.?
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

And I have explained why neither element of that is relevant any more than allegedly or innocent face would be.
    No. You haven't. But this is boring now.

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,381
    BREAKING:

Rishi Sunak says he would support the return of grammar schools

'I believe in educational excellence, I believe education is the most powerful way that we can transform people's lives'

That's sounds like a *major* commitment - but he doesn't expand on it

https://twitter.com/adrianmcmenamin/status/1552733873108312064

Translation: Rishi Sunak wants to make 3/4 of schools Secondary Moderns
  • Options
    ohnotnowohnotnow Posts: 2,923
    Leon said:

Leon said:

I have no idea if this applies to Truss, but some subs get a kick out of discreetly exhibiting their ‘owned’ status to the vanilla world, which largely remains clueless. Yet other kinksters will recognize it

This is a plot device in Story of O, if I recall correctly - a foundational text of BDSM
    'Foundational' in the sense of easily identifying people who call themselves things like 'Sir Stephen' and marking them down as 'do no want'?
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

What a complete waste of the judge's time!
  • Options
    Sunak reminds me so much of Blair
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,176

So these Commonwealth Games, they're just like the proper Olympics, but without the top nations such as the US, China, Russia, etc.?

In some sports this is as good as it gets. In others it’s a chance for someone else to win gold. And it’s all about friendship. It’s magnificent.
  • Options

Gives us and the Aussies a chance!
  • Options
    I honestly feeling like i am tripping on acid watching this Commonwealth games opening ceremony
  • Options
    The good thing about the hustings is that the candidates are forced to meet the real nutters that make up the party.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Everything she does is just a bit dopey and unsubtle isn't it? I suppose we should be grateful she didn't rock up in head to toe PVC.

However, if she turns out to be a good PM, I'm fine with it.
  • Options

BREAKING:

Rishi Sunak says he would support the return of grammar schools

'I believe in educational excellence, I believe education is the most powerful way that we can transform people's lives'

That's sounds like a *major* commitment - but he doesn't expand on it

https://twitter.com/adrianmcmenamin/status/1552733873108312064

Translation: Rishi Sunak wants to make 3/4 of schools Secondary Moderns

Complete idiot.
  • Options
    Greyhounds? Fooking looxury. T whippets were good enough for us.
  • Options

Leon said:

Leon said:

Everything she does is just a bit dopey and unsubtle isn't it? I suppose we should be grateful she didn't rock up in head to toe PVC.

However, if she turns out to be a good PM, I'm fine with it.
    She may of course be doing it for a bet, or for a laugh, who knows

I'm just explaining the sub psychology as I have encountered it
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

And how is that relevant? 'Tittle tattle' about someone's sexuality is all you need to say to get the tongue's wagging and the minds bending. As you well know.
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,525
    HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Did you lot see this? Ms Truss - or at least her Dept - seemingly involved in a diplomatic row.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2022/jul/28/uk-in-diplomatic-standoff-over-deletion-of-abortion-rights-from-gender-statement

You won't get global agreement to abortion on demand etc especially from Africa, Latin America and much of Asia and Eastern Europe and as we have recently seen, the US
    If you check out the law, abortion on demand does not exist in the UK.

• Options

Did Biden have Covid or was he just getting another face lift?

There wasn't much face left there to lift, so I doubt it.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Sandpit said:

What a complete waste of the judge's time!
    Perhaps, or perhaps not.

Social Media is the new reality, and this case will establish some precedents on what can be said, what the consequences are and defamation.
  • Options

I honestly feeling like i am tripping on acid watching this Commonwealth games opening ceremony

And the UK is Balkanised into England, Scotland, Wales and NI!
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,045

Sunak reminds me so much of Blair

Except for Blair’s (inexplicable to me) ability to charm the birds from the trees.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Sandpit said:

Jamie Vardy has been mentioned as a 40/1 e/w bet for the Golden Boot, as he will not be knackered by World Cup duties.

ETA I've not dabbled.
  • Options
    Big clap for some hate-ridden hag who wants to deal with “the dinghies”.
  • Options

And the UK is Balkanised into England, Scotland, Wales and NI!
    Don't forget Jersey, Guernsey and The Isle of Man
This discussion has been closed.