Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The money moves sharply to the LDs in North Shropshire – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415

BREAKING like tonight’s Libdem Fart. Anyone still spinning for Rishi on here? The truth is now out on Twitter.

It’s all over Twitter Rishi has filmed his Simpson’s debut as a waiter who saves the world economy, and on this trip he also recorded duet with Barbara Streisand for the seasonal circuit breaker album “Whatever It Takes”.

Ignore that, let’s take it as fact he was working hard for UK, to go with the fact he comes back into a backbench revolt against how he has introduced lock down by stealth, pulling rug from under decent hard working business, what are you suggesting he can now do about that, how can he target money to help those ruined in this sneaky lockdown by stealth?

PS this afternoon I said Rishi has resigned from the government, to join the Beach Boys. In case anyone didn’t realise, I was actually joking.

He could be PM in the next few weeks and opponents are beginning to fret
    But also you miss the point, it’s not his party political opponents roasting Rishi and demanding action on lockdown by stealth today, it’s his own party.
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,538
    rcs1000 said:

Well. I've asked my man on the ground what's happening (he's a gut surgeon at Shrewsbury hospital), and said "fucked if I know".

So now we all know.

Surely the surgeon you mention would have had a gut instinct?
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    rcs1000 said:

Well. I've asked my man on the ground what's happening (he's a gut surgeon at Shrewsbury hospital), and said "fucked if I know".

So now we all know.

He's the anti-bunnco.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Woah

What happened to the last thread? It was like... vaporised...

Check your WhatsApp messages to know why.
    "TSE has libelled Lord Lawson again. Best get rid of the whole thread to avoid another letter from Carter Ruck".

Ahhhh... all makes sense.
    Is not THIS statement itself potentially libellous?

Great way to help TSE fund his holiday shopping, by giving him golden opportunity to both prosecute (or whatever the word is) PB, while at same time defending PB?
    I'd be the new William Jennings Bryan.
    Not following you re: WJB?
    Scopes Monkey Trial.

He was the leader prosecutor in the case and ended up being called by the defence as a witness for the defence.
    That's right - and was successful in both roles. Though wasn't around very long to enjoy it, just a few days.

BTW, when Bryan first hit the national stage, he was known as "The Boy Orator of the River Platte" (he was just 36 when first nominated for President in 1896). Meaning NOT the river washing the beaches of Buenos Aires and Montevideo, but instead the North American tributary that waters (sort of) the Great State of Nebraska.

Critics said WJB strongly resembled the Platte (of the North) in being quite shallow but VERY wide at the mouth.

Bryan eventually forsook Omaha for somewhat sunnier (and very much warmer) south Florida. Where he was prominent in beach (and swamp) front property speculation. AND invented the Palm Beach suit.

Like TSE, WBJ was a snappy dresser. Also HST and (in his own way) WSC.
    And why did I post this 🦁
    You asking me? Or you?

If the former, because I'm diligently dodging work. What's your excuse?
    The Lion played him in the film version 🙂
    "Inherit the Wind"? Great flick(and play) but a total hatchet job re: William Jennings Bryan. Proto-woke!
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

On question I have is this- what is the feeling today toward Owen Paterson ex-MP, who represented North Shropshire in the House for nearly a quarter century?

Was he personally liked and/or respected by his constituents? And what impact might his defenestration have on the by-election?

I have no idea if he was personally liked

But he did behave - at best - particularly stupidly. The man committed an offence: he actively lobbied for a firm he was being paid by to win government contracts.

But that wasn't - on its own - a hanging offence.

Failing to admit that he'd made any kind of error of judgement, on the other hand, was completely inexplicable. Did he really think that the rules on paid lobbying didn't apply to him?
    Yeah, all true.

What I want to know, what was he like - or at least perceived to be like - by his constituents? Many of whom must have gotten to know him at least a little, and a little more by local reputation?

SO are there voters out there who will (or strongly may) vote - or NOT vote - today, one way or another, largely because of OP and his local impact? Instead, that is, of reacting mainly to BJ and the national picture?
    I don't know, although the vox pops I've seen did not mention disgust at Owen Paterson, who has been MP since 1997 and whose majority in seven general elections rose from 40 to 60 per cent. The thing to remember is Paterson was not slung out. He faced only a 30-day suspension for what was arguably just a technical offence. He chose to resign from Parliament after Boris's failed attempt to change the system to save Paterson (and, some say, himself).
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,268
    edited December 2021

BREAKING like tonight’s Libdem Fart. Anyone still spinning for Rishi on here? The truth is now out on Twitter.

It’s all over Twitter Rishi has filmed his Simpson’s debut as a waiter who saves the world economy, and on this trip he also recorded duet with Barbara Streisand for the seasonal circuit breaker album “Whatever It Takes”.

Ignore that, let’s take it as fact he was working hard for UK, to go with the fact he comes back into a backbench revolt against how he has introduced lock down by stealth, pulling rug from under decent hard working business, what are you suggesting he can now do about that, how can he target money to help those ruined in this sneaky lockdown by stealth?

PS this afternoon I said Rishi has resigned from the government, to join the Beach Boys. In case anyone didn’t realise, I was actually joking.

But also you miss the point, it’s not his party political opponents roasting Rishi and demanding action on lockdown by stealth today, it’s his own party.
    You sound very worried about him

I trust the conservative mps to make the choice of the final two whoever they are

And the members will decide which for once will not be me as I am not a member, but will rejoin once Boris has moved on
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,588

rcs1000 said:

So now we all know.

Surely the surgeon you mention would have had a gut instinct?
    Perhaps he cannot judge who has the omentum.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,078
    Rishi wont be able to do the same "man of the people" thing that Boris can
  • Options

LOL. The arch enabler of the Boris era?

Rishi’s crimes against the British People and British Tax payer are MEGA!

Who signed off the cheques? Whose department done the due diligence?

media will scrutinise his central role in the Boris Government - I am convinced his bid does not survive that at this time - it’s not just the Tax sums fighting covid making him the biggest tax taker since paying off WW2 debt, it’s the colossally waste of money, it’s the lack of scrutiny as he signed off a lot of these cheques. His party will know what’s going to emerge before next election that is his fault, dragging them all down if he is leader. If the opposition can’t take Rishi apart after this record they shouldn’t even be in politics.

Whose job was due diligence before signing the cheques?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9738735/Fraud-blunders-Covid-support-schemes-cost-taxpayers-30bn-MPs-warn.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/22/fifth-of-uk-covid-contracts-raised-red-flags-for-possible-corruption

Thirty Billion. And corrupt contracts.

Pick another of the runners big G - this favourite is too short for the handicap.

I make the favourites

Rishi, then Truss, then Harper, then Saj and Hunt.
    I am content that Rishi will be backed by his mps and they are the ones who will not only decide but also when

They would make a huge mistake, there’s a lot of questions to be answered with his fingerprints all over it. I’m not just making it up am I, those are honest questions to be answered in those links.

In terms of a Race, although he starts favourite, I think his departments lack of diligence last couple of years handicaps him so much, his MPs will know the risk if he can’t smartly brush off these questions early on. IMO Truss and Harper stand more chance at this leadership if it comes up.

I have backed Jav. He doesn’t seem perfect, but then none do till they are crowned. He grew up in flat above shop in city high street yet his Conservative credentials are perfect. That seems to fit the bill at this time?

Can Have I put the argument more fairer or politely? I’m not saying I am right only that this is possible, it’s a good argument.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Interesting. Based on the first 3 days of this week SA was on track for 14k hospital admissions this week (close to a pants wetting 100% week on week increase) but today's figure dragged my projection down to 9100, a sternly acceptable 25% increase. Interesting to see if tomorrow drags my projection down further.

I think there is a lot of back filling in their data.
  • Options
    On the subject of Shrewsbury (next door to North Shropshire):-

A Conservative MP begged for consultancy work advising Saudi Arabian businessmen because he was struggling to pay his children’s school fees, leaked messages have revealed.

Daniel Kawczynski, the MP for Shrewsbury and Atcham, said he needed a job with a “regular income” and touted himself as the most “pro-Saudi” MP in the Commons.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tory-mp-begged-for-saudi-consultancy-work-to-pay-school-fees-xmns5q97r (£££)
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

I trust the conservative mps to make the choice of the final two whoever they are

And the members will decide which for once will not be me as I am not a member, but will rejoin once Boris has moved on
    Rishi is eminently defeatable and a relatively safe pair of hands compared to Boris. A good candidate to lead the Tories into opposition.
  • Options

LOL. The arch enabler of the Boris era?

Rishi’s crimes against the British People and British Tax payer are MEGA!

Who signed off the cheques? Whose department done the due diligence?

media will scrutinise his central role in the Boris Government - I am convinced his bid does not survive that at this time - it’s not just the Tax sums fighting covid making him the biggest tax taker since paying off WW2 debt, it’s the colossally waste of money, it’s the lack of scrutiny as he signed off a lot of these cheques. His party will know what’s going to emerge before next election that is his fault, dragging them all down if he is leader. If the opposition can’t take Rishi apart after this record they shouldn’t even be in politics.

Whose job was due diligence before signing the cheques?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9738735/Fraud-blunders-Covid-support-schemes-cost-taxpayers-30bn-MPs-warn.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/22/fifth-of-uk-covid-contracts-raised-red-flags-for-possible-corruption

Thirty Billion. And corrupt contracts.

Pick another of the runners big G - this favourite is too short for the handicap.

I make the favourites

Rishi, then Truss, then Harper, then Saj and Hunt.
    I am content that Rishi will be backed by his mps and they are the ones who will not only decide but also when

They would make a huge mistake, there’s a lot of questions to be answered with his fingerprints all over it. I’m not just making it up am I, those are honest questions to be answered in those links.

In terms of a Race, although he starts favourite, I think his departments lack of diligence last couple of years handicaps him so much, his MPs will know the risk if he can’t smartly brush off these questions early on. IMO Truss and Harper stand more chance at this leadership if it comes up.

I have backed Jav. He doesn’t seem perfect, but then none do till they are crowned. He grew up in flat above shop in city high street yet his Conservative credentials are perfect. That seems to fit the bill at this time?

Can Have I put the argument more fairer or politely? I’m not saying I am right only that this is possible, it’s a good argument.
    Javid lost it this week and you are polite but Rishi is more than likely to be PM shortly
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Jonathan said:

Rishi is eminently defeatable and a relatively safe pair of hands compared to Boris. A good candidate to lead the Tories into opposition.
    Rishi is a lot like Starmer. Both very talented, top of their fields, a bit boring.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,282
    edited December 2021

Rishi wont be able to do the same "man of the people" thing that Boris can

No but can you imagine the first South Asian PM? Would be amazing nearly an Obama moment.
  • Options
    Is there any reason that I can't read the previous header by @Cyclefree? It shows as Page Not Found.
  • Options

That is not what you said the last time :D IIRC you were so annoyed you refused to vote for either

• Options
    Everyon holding Chelsea after 15 minutes

Blimey
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Foxy said:

Alistair said:

Interesting. Based on the first 3 days of this week SA was on track for 14k hospital admissions this week (close to a pants wetting 100% week on week increase) but today's figure dragged my projection down to 9100, a sternly acceptable 25% increase. Interesting to see if tomorrow drags my projection down further.

I think there is a lot of back filling in their data.
    Yes - hugely. I'm modelling the back fill effect of previous weeks (weeks 46 to 49) to predict what this weeks figure will finally be. Monday to Wednesdays data suggested it would be a scorcher but today's update has lowered the target hugely.
  • Options

On today's topics, while I'd like to be authoritative I would just like to say:
    - I haven't got a clue who will win the NS by-election (not Labour, though)
    - I haven't got a clue whether Omicron will cause unsustainable pressure on the NHS, or lead to thousands of extra deaths.
    I'm not convinced that anybody else knows for sure, either, in both cases.

The only certainty is Christmas is coming. 🥂🍹🍸🥃🍾🍰🍤🍾🍫🍾🍮🍬
  • Options

Everyon holding Chelsea after 15 minutes

Blimey

2 minutes and Newcastle haven't conceded against Liverpool. Blimey.
  • Options

A famous politico once chided a newly-elected fellow-party MP, who referred to the other side of the House as "the enemy".

"No, No," said the veteran, "you've got it all wrong. That lot over, that's the opposition. THIS lot," gesturing to the benches behind, "THAT's the enemy!"
  • Options

That is not what you said the last time :D IIRC you were so annoyed you refused to vote for either

I do not have a vote this time
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,983
    edited December 2021

Jonathan said:

Rishi is a lot like Starmer. Both very talented, top of their fields, a bit boring.
    Rishi is more David Miliband than Starmer. He might get the top job in government and replace Boris, he would be unlikely to get the job in opposition as the party would likely move right as Labour moved left after defeat in 2010 stopping David Miliband.

David Miliband missed his best chance by not challenging Brown in government and ended up losing the leadership election to his more leftwing brother in opposition
  • Options
    If Rishi is next PM I'll start to feel really ancient, being just over two years older than him.

And it might mean we skip the 70s born cohort entirely.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

So now we all know.

He couldn’t feel it in somebody else’s water
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Is there any reason that I can't read the previous header by @Cyclefree? It shows as Page Not Found.

It was published accidentally by OGH, it will be republished when Cyclefree finishes it.
  • Options
    Called it, Newcastle to win tonight.
  • Options

:D
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

On question I have is this- what is the feeling today toward Owen Paterson ex-MP, who represented North Shropshire in the House for nearly a quarter century?

Was he personally liked and/or respected by his constituents? And what impact might his defenestration have on the by-election?

But he did behave - at best - particularly stupidly. The man committed an offence: he actively lobbied for a firm he was being paid by to win government contracts.

Failing to admit that he'd made any kind of error of judgement, on the other hand, was completely inexplicable. Did he really think that the rules on paid lobbying didn't apply to him?
    Yeah, all true.

What I want to know, what was he like - or at least perceived to be like - by his constituents? Many of whom must have gotten to know him at least a little, and a little more by local reputation?

SO are there voters out there who will (or strongly may) vote - or NOT vote - today, one way or another, largely because of OP and his local impact? Instead, that is, of reacting mainly to BJ and the national picture?
    I don't know, although the vox pops I've seen did not mention disgust at Owen Paterson, who has been MP since 1997 and whose majority in seven general elections rose from 40 to 60 per cent. The thing to remember is Paterson was not slung out. He faced only a 30-day suspension for what was arguably just a technical offence. He chose to resign from Parliament after Boris's failed attempt to change the system to save Paterson (and, some say, himself).
    Wasn't it the judgement in Westminster, when the you-know-what hit the fan, that Patterson would likely NOT survive a by-election? Regardless of how much clear blue water he'd been floating on in the not-so-distant past?
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Woah

"TSE has libelled Lord Lawson again. Best get rid of the whole thread to avoid another letter from Carter Ruck".

Great way to help TSE fund his holiday shopping, by giving him golden opportunity to both prosecute (or whatever the word is) PB, while at same time defending PB?
    Scopes Monkey Trial.

He was the leader prosecutor in the case and ended up being called by the defence as a witness for the defence.
    That's right - and was successful in both roles. Though wasn't around very long to enjoy it, just a few days.

BTW, when Bryan first hit the national stage, he was known as "The Boy Orator of the River Platte" (he was just 36 when first nominated for President in 1896). Meaning NOT the river washing the beaches of Buenos Aires and Montevideo, but instead the North American tributary that waters (sort of) the Great State of Nebraska.

Critics said WJB strongly resembled the Platte (of the North) in being quite shallow but VERY wide at the mouth.

Bryan eventually forsook Omaha for somewhat sunnier (and very much warmer) south Florida. Where he was prominent in beach (and swamp) front property speculation. AND invented the Palm Beach suit.

You asking me? Or you?

"Inherit the Wind"? Great flick(and play) but a total hatchet job re: William Jennings Bryan. Proto-woke!
    No. The one a lion played Bryan was a Wizard of a movie. 🙂
  • Options

If Rishi is next PM I'll start to feel really ancient, being just over two years older than him.

I am fairly sure he has served me curry at Kutis (next to the Red Funnel in Southampton). It has been one of my Dad's favourite for some decades.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,328

On today's topics, while I'd like to be authoritative I would just like to say:
    - I haven't got a clue who will win the NS by-election (not Labour, though)
    - I haven't got a clue whether Omicron will cause unsustainable pressure on the NHS, or lead to thousands of extra deaths.
    I'm not convinced that anybody else knows for sure, either, in both cases.

The only certainty is Christmas is coming. 🥂🍹🍸🥃🍾🍰🍤🍾🍫🍾🍮🍬
    Anyone who says "for sure" definitely doesn't know, for either of those.
  • Options

Rishi has no chance. HYFUD is the man for the job. A reward for his loyalty and unwavering dedication to Trollism Toryism

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,189

Bugger. I think the best chance of you lot not scoring is in a 0-0.
  • Options

Well I never
  • Options
    is this real life?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,914
    TOPPING said:

This will stop the spread....

This fight broke out on a train in York over some passengers that were not wearing masks 😷
    https://twitter.com/CrimeLdn/status/1471552385373949958?s=20

How do you know that was what it was about.
    "Where's tha mask"
    "WHERE'S THA MASK"
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,952
    Howay the Lads!!
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

People don't realise how important Fabinho (in midfield) is for Liverpool, even more so when Van Dijk isn't playing.

Last spring we stopped being shit when Fabinho moved from CB to midfield.
  • Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,184

Tories out at 2.6

Bye bye Boris.
    Why?

PM with 80 seat majority loses byelection after previous MP resigns due to sleaze. Letters go in? Probably not. If they do, he stands and wins. Probably. Diminished but not fatally wounded. The “ruthlessness” of tory MPs removing leaders is overrated anyway. Ruthless compared with Labour, toothless in absolute terms. Byelections are expected to be bad for the government, and this one will be, lost or not.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    Can NUFC hold the lead for the rest of the night?
  • Options

Rishi has no chance. HYFUD is the man for the job. A reward for his loyalty and unwavering dedication to Trollism Toryism

The only True Tory...
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

No.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

No.
    This
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976

is this real life?

No, it's just fantasy.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,937
    Foxy said:

I am fairly sure he has served me curry at Kutis (next to the Red Funnel in Southampton). It has been one of my Dad's favourite for some decades.
    I used to prefer the Platform pub nearby ...
  • Options

is this real life?

Is this just fantasy?
  • Options

Don’t get me wrong, Rishi is favourite on merit. He can be a bit robot on TV but he BESTRIDES Parliament on the set piece budget debates.

But there are questions to answer,. Thirty billion. The only defence I have heard from him so far is he gave it to the banks to distribute and do due diligence, but he will need a far better answer than that once put on spot.

Outside of Rishi, who else do you feel will make a good all round leader?
  • Options
    Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981
    edited December 2021

is this real life?

No it's just fantasy 🎜
    Caught in landsliiide...
    No escape to reaaallittyy....
    🎝
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

A Geordie friend is convinced all that goal has done is ensured an utter fuckwangling for Newcastle.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,951

rcs1000 said:

Yeah, all true.

Comparing 1997 Conservative performance to 2021 Conservative performance will tend to show an improvement.
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 3,970

rcs1000 said:

Failing to admit that he'd made any kind of error of judgement, on the other hand, was completely inexplicable. Did he really think that the rules
    on paid lobbying didn't apply to him?
    That's not just true for O Patz.

Question is, who else in government fits that bill?
    I immediately thought of JRM rather than the usual suspect(s).
  • Options
    Lewis injured is a big blow for the toon
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Lots of empty seats at Stamford Bridge. How's Anfield?
  • Options

tlg86 said:

A Geordie friend is convinced all that goal has done is ensured an utter fuckwangling for Newcastle.
    I know the feeling...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46656883
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,100
    dr_spyn said:

Rest of the half is a challenge.
  • Options
    I think we should abandon Premier League fixtures immediately because of the rising Omicron threat.

Can't be too careful.
  • Options
    HeathenerHeathener Posts: 5,258
    carnforth said:

Tories out at 2.6

Bye bye Boris.
    Why?

PM with 80 seat majority loses byelection after previous MP resigns due to sleaze. Letters go in? Probably not. If they do, he stands and wins. Probably. Diminished but not fatally wounded. The “ruthlessness” of tory MPs removing leaders is overrated anyway. Ruthless compared with Labour, toothless in absolute terms. Byelections are expected to be bad for the government, and this one will be, lost or not.
    I'm inclined to agree with much of this.

In many ways I really hope Johnson stays on. I don't underestimate his power STILL to woo people with downright lies. He was very good at this I thought at PMQs this week. BUT, and it's a big but, he is incompetent. Completely unsuited for the job of PM. So the longer he stays the worse it gets for the tories.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Lots of empty seats at Stamford Bridge. How's Anfield?

There were a lot of empty seats at the Emirates for Southampton on Saturday and West Ham last night.

But that might be because Arsenal had been rubbish in the previous game.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

I know the feeling...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46656883
    That was the match I was thinking about, even down to the matching kits of Arsenal and Newcastle.
  • Options

Foxy said:

It was published accidentally by OGH, it will be republished when Cyclefree finishes it.
    Will it start with the 550(ish) comments still attached?
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    JACK_W said:

Has Charlie Falconer finished his speech yet? .. :smile:

Ola!

The "Covid is a gift to lawyers" speech?
  • Options
    JACK_W said:

Welcome back - hope you have had your booster...
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Pulpstar said:

TOPPING said:

This will stop the spread....

This fight broke out on a train in York over some passengers that were not wearing masks 😷
    https://twitter.com/CrimeLdn/status/1471552385373949958?s=20

How do you know that was what it was about.
    "Where's tha mask"
    "WHERE'S THA MASK"
    It's all a bit "Train to Busan"

https://youtu.be/pyWuHv2-Abk

• Options

I think we should abandon Premier League fixtures immediately because of the rising Omicron threat.

Can't be too careful.

I think they will abandon us!

The problem of ignoring the reality of a pandemic is that the pandemic won't ignore you.
  • Options
    was fun while it lasted :D
  • Options
    Fair play to Mike Dean for not falling for that fake head injury.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,660
    edited December 2021
    Foxy said:

Can't be too careful.

I think they will abandon us!

The problem of ignoring the reality of a pandemic is that the pandemic won't ignore you.
    Yes, the pandemic is so unreasonable in sticking to free market libertarian principles just a bit too eagerly in order to maximise [edit] its own benefit.
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 3,970

That will only work if the members as a whole have more awareness than some of the members (HYUFD).
  • Options
    JACK_W said:

Howdy, Jack!
  • Options
    Met Police: - ‘We have received a significant amount of material in relation to the allegations reported in the media. All the material has been considered by detectives in detail and it does not provide evidence of a breach of the Health Protection Regulations’
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

No.
    This
    "Back to Reality" is the sixth and final episode of science fiction sitcom Red Dwarf Series 5, and the 30th in the series' run.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,024

After Omicron, I reckon the next variant's going to be so transmissible it's doubling time actually doubles backwards into the past.

I hope you have all done Ayahuasca as I advised. It gives the most exquisite perspective

Panicked Human: OMFG we're all going to die

God (in a bored but tolerant voice): And?

Panicked Human: This is the the end of the world!

God (sighing): There are infinite other worlds. Have a beer. Sorry I forgot your name?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,100

JACK_W said:

Howdy, Jack!
    Jack has popped up as he senses a new source of pie fillings in Shropshire.....

• Options

Also fair play to Sadio Mane to staying on his feet and not going to ground for the blatant penalty that was due.
  • Options

Met Police: - ‘We have received a significant amount of material in relation to the allegations reported in the media. All the material has been considered by detectives in detail and it does not provide evidence of a breach of the Health Protection Regulations’

Is this the Conservatives? Or the brawl on the train?
  • Options
    JACK_W said:

Greetings!

Any emissions from your ARSE in North Shropshire? Or are you living off your pie stockpile in Ardmanarchan Castle?
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287

I fear that it could be the first of the many.
  • Options

is this real life?

No it's just fantasy 🎜
    Caught in landsliiide...
    No escape to reaaallittyy....
    🎝
    Is "Caught in a landslide" a prediction for later tonight?

And if so, for who?
  • Options

Was that for Universally Challenged or Bailey's Buffet?
  • Options
    Leon said:

After Omicron, I reckon the next variant's going to be so transmissible it's doubling time actually doubles backwards into the past.

I hope you have all done Ayahuasca as I advised. It gives the most exquisite perspective

God (sighing): There are infinite other worlds. Have a beer. Sorry I forgot your name?
    Sounds a bit disappointing.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,158
    edited December 2021
    Pulpstar said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

No.
    This
    "Back to Reality" is the sixth and final episode of science fiction sitcom Red Dwarf Series 5, and the 30th in the series' run.
    Dwayne Dibley?
  • Options
    JACK_WJACK_W Posts: 651

JACK_W said:

Welcome back - hope you have had your booster...
    Is there a booster jab against the yellow peril? The infection has spread to the parliamentary seat and the City & District of St. Albans. I fear for the citizens of North Shropshire, even if the illness may be only of a few years standing. :anguished:
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Woah

Scopes Monkey Trial.

You asking me? Or you?

No. The one a lion played Bryan was a Wizard of a movie. 🙂
    A friend of mine explained it to us, as he was in a play, like the Wizard of Oz but based more on politics of the Great Depression. The author who wrote wizard of oz had travelled the country where there was a movement to switch from gold to silver standards of money because those in West in agriculture or industry would benefit and Bryan stood for them in election. And he won and changed it, and all the poor weren’t struggling anymore. I think there is line in book “if he could have courage, he will become the big beast in jungle”

I like happy endings. 🙂
  • Options
    Half time goalless.
    Good effort from a dreadfully weak side.
  • Options

Leon said:

It is fantastic

The obverse of the cruel nihilism is that glimpse into the deep interior life of reality. If the ayahuasca works, and you don't puke too much, you are privy to the cascading beauty of a conscious universe. A Niagara of a trillion tumbling jewels, forever churning and evanescing, and creating - at least in our prismatic sense - the shot rainbow of human souls
  • Options
    Foxy said:

JACK_W said:

Greetings!

Any emissions from your ARSE in North Shropshire? Or are you living off your pie stockpile in Ardmanarchan Castle?
    😶.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

It is fantastic

The obverse of the cruel nihilism is that glimpse into the deep interior life of reality. If the ayahuasca works, and you don't puke too much, you are privy to the cascading beauty of a conscious universe. A Niagara of a trillion tumbling jewels, forever churning and evanescing, and creating - at least in our prismatic sense - the shot rainbow of human souls
    Or Tuesday as they call it in Prudhoe.
  • Options
    I wonder how the Christmas fixtures in the footie are going to look. It could well be Man Utd Under 15s, Liverpool Vets etc playing...
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    David Blanchflower was on the radio panicking about the rate rise. I mean sure it's unwanted*, but it's only gone up to the heady heights of 0.25%.

* By me at any rate
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

It is fantastic

I wonder how the Christmas fixtures in the footie are going to look. It could well be Man Utd Under 15s, Liverpool Vets etc playing...

I don't think there will be any matches next week.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

It is fantastic

Most of that still sounds a lot like puking too much.
  • Options
    GREETINGS to JackW. Alive and punting!

Merry Christmas, old boy
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

No.
    This
    Is Eddy Howe the Despair Squid?
  • Options
    theakestheakes Posts: 841
    I would not worry about the bookmakers, 23, 000 is a mountain and more to climb. It is just people betting on the better price, by 10pm the Tories may ber favourite. Realistically one must think the Tories will hold by whatever, even one vote, a win is a win.
    Not sure the Lib Dems vote will turn out, its bloody cold up here and the Tories have their postal vote
This discussion has been closed.