Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The money moves sharply to the LDs in North Shropshire – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options

One thing for certain tonight is that SKS will drop from 2nd place to 3rd and will be nowhere near the 22.1% share of the vote in 2019 (31.7% 2017).

His record of underperforming "even Corbyn" will yet again be met by silence on here of course.

When did Corbyn lead on most capable PM
    June 2019.
    When did Corbyn lead on gross approval
    I don't think he did, but he was tied for the lead on that in May 2019.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,197
    HYUFD said:

What's the best result for Labour....a small Tory win which keeps Boris in place?

Whoever wins might not matter if these alleged photos of Johnson in a party hat are for real.
    There are likely millions of photos of Boris in a party hat
    It depends what the date on the Daily Telegraph he is holding states.
  • Options

One thing for certain tonight is that SKS will drop from 2nd place to 3rd and will be nowhere near the 22.1% share of the vote in 2019 (31.7% 2017).

His record of underperforming "even Corbyn" will yet again be met by silence on here of course.

June 2019.
    Though that was when Mrs May's flush was as Busted as that frankly creepy song where they letch over their teacher.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,848

Scott_xP said:

The LibDems are already suggesting that if #NorthShropshire stays Tory it will be Labour’s fault.

Labour MPs believe that's an insult to the voters - and proof the LibDems got high on their own hype when Lab have always had a strong chunk of the vote.

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1471612116272619520

Said Labour MPs must be very thick.

Labour can’t win everywhere. They either figure out how to collaborate with the LDs or they can kiss goodbye to any chance of forming the next government.
    The Tories didn't win an eighty seat majority by thinking "Tories can't win in seats like Leigh, lets collaborate with the LDs to ensure they take them off Labour".

Labour were second-placed and won over 17,000 votes in this constituency only a few years ago. 17,000 votes would be enough to win most by-elections if they could have got that vote out to give the government a kicking.
    1. This is a by-election not a GE
    2. The psephology for Labour at the next election is quite different from that facing Boris in 2019
    3. As often pointed out; LD ceiling is/was higher than Labour’s in this seat.
    What does 3. mean Lab we're at nearly 32% less than 5 years ago and the LDs close to lost deposit territory
    Labour have never won the seat.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Another day goes by and we're still talking about omicron cases but not deaths.

Death takes a while.
    Lag cases by about three weeks, but at the moment it's more that the older age groups have very low Covid rates. If that's because of vaccinations, all is relatively well. If it's because the spread has been in schools, and to parents, and will go to the old when the kids kiss granny at Christmas, all bets on death rates are off.
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,731
    Con 4/6
    Ld 6/4
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    edited December 2021

Farooq said:

Scott_xP said:

The LibDems are already suggesting that if #NorthShropshire stays Tory it will be Labour’s fault.

Labour MPs believe that's an insult to the voters - and proof the LibDems got high on their own hype when Lab have always had a strong chunk of the vote.

Labour can’t win everywhere. They either figure out how to collaborate with the LDs or they can kiss goodbye to any chance of forming the next government.
    The Tories didn't win an eighty seat majority by thinking "Tories can't win in seats like Leigh, lets collaborate with the LDs to ensure they take them off Labour".

Labour were second-placed and won over 17,000 votes in this constituency only a few years ago. 17,000 votes would be enough to win most by-elections if they could have got that vote out to give the government a kicking.
    The fact that they got more money than all the other parties combined is neither here nor there.
    (almost twice as much as all the other parties combined)
    They nearly got as many votes as all the other parties combined in England, so that doesn't seem unreasonable.

Quit being shit and unpopular and people will start to vote for you and donate to you.
    Ah ha, straight into my trap! I'm talking about registered donations. In other words, thousands of pounds at a pop.
    That's not money coming from ordinary people.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,639

Scott_xP said:

The Labour candidate is personable, and born & bred in the constituency.

The Tory candidate lives elsewhere.

The LibDem candidate is a vapid incomer, who made her money elsewhere and went to live in the constituency about 8 years ago.

I can easily see why someone might want to vote Labour rather than LibDem.

The result matters not a jot. Boris has a huge majority, and even a loss is not going to presage his resignation in the New Year.
    "vapid incomer"
    "moved to the constituency about 8 years ago"
  • Options
    ping said:

A bit of support for the LDs

Con 1.55/1.65
    Ld 2.58/2.9

Stupid to trade this market unless you’ve got very good sources inside the hall, imo

You're right, I should have stuck with my locked in profit. People inside the hall are going to know far better what's going on. Stupid me, lesson learnt.
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,416
    ping said:

Con 1/2
    Ld 2/1

If it’s out to 2-1 it’s over surely?
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Are the postal vote totals unembargoed at 10 pm?
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,282
    ping said:

Con 1.55/1.65
    Ld 2.58/2.9

Stupid to trade this market unless you’ve got very good sources inside the hall, imo

You’d hope that those sources are moving the market. But it’s too early for that, so far it is just gossip and anecdote
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,405

Pulpstar said:

Death takes a while.
    Lag cases by about three weeks, but at the moment it's more that the older age groups have very low Covid rates. If that's because of vaccinations, all is relatively well. If it's because the spread has been in schools, and to parents, and will go to the old when the kids kiss granny at Christmas, all bets on death rates are off.
    Admissions are not looking good.

• Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,860

False forced choice questions are irrelevant.

Your man is going to take a he'll of a beating tonight again.

Despite your cultist support his record in actual elections is absolutely dire.
  • Options
    Money starting to pile on the Lib Dems? Back in to 2.4
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,197

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Looks like it could be a better than expected result for Boris.

Tories scrape home, he avoids a VONC and there is a progressive alliance civil war
    That Labour has decided your leader is such a liability that they are better off leaving him to damage the brand still further, is hardly a vote of confidence.
    Hardly,

If Boris has become a liability, it is better for the Tories to leave him in place to carry the can for awkward economic decisions in 2022 and 2023.

A new leader, unsullied by the difficult economic decisions, taking office 6 months to a year before GE 2024 is ideal for the Tories.

My guess is that could well be Truss.
    I don't often agree with you (Drakeford's travails notwithstanding), but yes, you are bob-on.
  • Options
    I’ll be buggered if I can find my prediction, posted shortly after I called Old Bexley most accurately.

If anyone has better PB search skills than me, I’d be most grateful.
  • Options
    LDs fighting back in the Betfair stakes. Almost level again.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Death takes a while.
    I am hoping to stretch mine out for quite a while longer....
  • Options
    edited December 2021

ping said:

Con 1/2
    Ld 2/1

Not neccecelery

It remains a distinct possibility that the people pumping money into the market don’t have much better sources than you or I.

Irrational prices are a feature of political betting, unlike most other sports betting markets.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,641

Pulpstar said:

Death takes a while.

So far pretty flat on my Manor. Saving it for Christmas 🙄
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    As I said during the campaign, an intensive campaign when voters get a lot of contact - canvasses, phone calls, meeting candidates when out shopping etc - and particularly in a seat where voters aren’t used to much party contact - can be cathartic, allowing very unhappy Tories to have a good rant at their party; the risk for LibDems is that by polling day some of them feel they’ve has their protest and already ‘sent their message’.

Both parties will have been out re-visiting their pledges today, and the campaigns will have got a clear steer from how enthusiastic or otherwise they have been.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Death takes a while.

No, although some of this appears to be the data quirk whereby someone who catches Covid while in hospital for other reasons counts as an admission.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited December 2021
    New Year Moderna will start testing for Omicron specific version.....BUT....another 2-3 months of trials and even if it goes well, Q2 before any chance of approval.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfXUrJquipk

Its not going to be until end of Q2 / start of Q3 before they really ramp up production of this.

Omicron will have gone on its summer holidays by then.
  • Options
    Sudden swing
  • Options
    TimSTimS Posts: 9,618
    Andy_JS said:

Scott_xP said:

The LibDem candidate is a vapid incomer, who made her money elsewhere and went to live in the constituency about 8 years ago.

The result matters not a jot. Boris has a huge majority, and even a loss is not going to presage his resignation in the New Year.
    "vapid incomer"
    Useful predictor I think. Seats where living somewhere for 8 years makes you a “vapid incomer” tend to vote Tory.
  • Options
    What time is the result expected?

Hopefully relatively early due to a low turnout?

Should be able to count SKS fans votes in about 10 mins!!
  • Options
    Liberals now 1.62
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,046

Pulpstar said:

Death takes a while.

Those are admissions with covid right? Not necessarily because of?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    Flip flop again, yellow peril back to favouritism. Big lurch for the Lib Dems
  • Options

Liberals now 1.62

Somebody in the know put some proper money on I guess.
  • Options
    Crossover in the market again.

I've cashed out again, I just keep laying the favourite. Probably should stop doing that, but back in a bigger guaranteed profit at the moment.
  • Options

New Year Moderna will start testing for Omicron specific version.....BUT....another 2-3 months of trials and even if it goes well, Q2 before any chance of approval.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfXUrJquipk

Its not going to be until end of Q2 / start of Q3 before they really ramp up production of this.

Omicron will have gone on its summer holidays by then.

By which point we’ll be well past Omicron and on to the next variant.

Hopefully soon we’ll get a vaccine with efficacy against multiple potential variants.
  • Options

Liberals now 1.62

Hopefully we'll justified
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,970
    Woohoo!!
    LD gain from Con in Hexham East.
    Cons lose majority on Northumberland CC.
  • Options
    JBriskin3JBriskin3 Posts: 1,254
    No result before 3am according to Jon Craig of Sky.
  • Options

What time is the result expected?

Hopefully relatively early due to a low turnout?

Should be able to count SKS fans votes in about 10 mins!!

3-5 am
  • Options
    BJO is saying Labour were ever in contention to win this seat which is totally absurd, a total strawman.

He seems unhappy that Labour is currently ahead by between 4 and 9 points, which is weird
  • Options

Meaghan Kall
    @kallmemeg
    ·
    1h
    PSA: England Flag of England has only ~4-5 days left before measuring R or growth rates or doubling time based on case data becomes meaningless as lab capacity gets maxed out.
  • Options
    Ld 1.79
    Con 2.2
  • Options
    'Labour vote non-existent on postals. If carries on libs will smash tories. More tactical vote than expected.'

-BEP Source at the count-

https://twitter.com/electpoliticsuk/status/1471616150115082250?s=21
  • Options
    I'd laugh so hard if Labour do shock everyone and win. Since I keep trading by laying Tories/LDs, I've got an increasingly big green next to Labour now.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Woohoo!!

Con lose Hexham. More letters into 22?
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870
    dixiedean said:

Woohoo!!

The LD Hexham campaign was rather fun - lots of shareable graphics of little Lego scenes constructed to make whatever local interest point they were focusing on.
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,631
    IanB2 said:

ping said:

Con 1.55/1.65
    Ld 2.58/2.9

You’d hope that those sources are moving the market. But it’s too early for that, so far it is just gossip and anecdote
    Yes. The Libby Wiener(sp) quote that HYUFD put reliance on was probably before any boxes were opened. Although the Tories and LDs will have some feel (and it will just be a feeling unless there is going to be a landslide) for the result the Lab performance at that point in time would have been completely unknown even by Labour.
  • Options
    Re flip flopping.
    There were reports that the constituency was very patchy earlier. Some villages staying Tory, others switching en masse. Similar with the Labour vote.
    It may, therefore, be a case of which boxes are opened when?
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949
    Pulpstar said:

Harry Cole
    @MrHarryCole
    · 5h
    JUST IN: Senior Tories think they have lost North Shropshire.

Hopes of a strongish Labour showing splitting the anti-Tory votes have evaporated, sources say.

Libby Wiener on ITV news at the count says it looks possible Labour could have deprived the LDs of victory

Both anecdotes before any boxes opened

Pip Moss ( @Quincel )

They don't know! They can't know!

I stand by this, and think the sudden swings in the market back me up!
  • Options
    As a Labour voter I'd have voted Lib Dem today, I am sure most Labour voters will too
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    ping said:

ping said:

Con 1/2
    Ld 2/1

Not neccecelery

It remains a distinct possibility that the people pumping money into the market don’t have much better sources than you or I.

Irrational prices are a feature of political betting, unlike most other sports betting markets.
    But all three parties have declared same thing, Tory win, Turnout and Labour vote higher than expected. Do counts really turn around from that. Bex and Sid didn’t declare for hours past midnight, but everyone new the result by 2315 and the ball parks each party had polled. It must extrapolation. How boxes from areas are breaking you can call accurately with just a little counted.

I don’t think it would have been a hold held last Friday, but National media coverage since Sunday has been to rally to the flag and give Boris jab boost, partygate just did not come back.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

What's the best result for Labour....a small Tory win which keeps Boris in place?

Whoever wins might not matter if these alleged photos of Johnson in a party hat are for real.
    There are likely millions of photos of Boris in a party hat
    But only a party hat?

Mind bleach etc
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870

Scott_xP said:

Dude, I can well believe you'd come up with a reason to vote for the Reform Party of the United States of America ahead of the LibDems. Even in North Shropshire.

@HYUFD will vote LibDem before you do.
  • Options

Liberals now 1.62

It's not a very liquid market. Someone with plenty of money who either has a finger on the pulse or is comfortable losing a moderate stack. Could very easily be the latter.
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Looks like it could be a better than expected result for Boris.

Tories scrape home, he avoids a VONC and there is a progressive alliance civil war
    That Labour has decided your leader is such a liability that they are better off leaving him to damage the brand still further, is hardly a vote of confidence.
    Hardly,

If Boris has become a liability, it is better for the Tories to leave him in place to carry the can for awkward economic decisions in 2022 and 2023.

A new leader, unsullied by the difficult economic decisions, taking office 6 months to a year before GE 2024 is ideal for the Tories.

My guess is that could well be Truss.
    I don't often agree with you (Drakeford's travails notwithstanding), but yes, you are bob-on.
    And I thought we were besties ... even though you do hobnob with Welsh Tories in the Vale of Glamorgan rather more than I would care to. :)

Drakeford continues to surprise. Against very strong competition, the closure of the nightclubs on 27th Dec is one of the most nonsensical decisions of the pandemic yet.

As I am Puritan, of course I believe that the nightclubs should be closed immediately.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,613

BJO is saying Labour were ever in contention to win this seat which is totally absurd, a total strawman.

He seems unhappy that Labour is currently ahead by between 4 and 9 points, which is weird

TBF, so were some Labour leaflets.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Woohoo!!

In fairness. It is the rough end of town. Big Council estate.
    You'd be surprised at the level of deprivation. All in the one of the three wards.
  • Options
    Farooq said:

Liberals now 1.62

It's not a very liquid market. Someone with plenty of money who either has a finger on the pulse or is comfortable losing a moderate stack. Could very easily be the latter.
    Sudden lurch to Brian Rose on Betfair.
  • Options
    Ld 1.91
    Con 2.04
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172

Scott_xP said:

Dude, I can well believe you'd come up with a reason to vote for the Reform Party of the United States of America ahead of the LibDems. Even in North Shropshire.

Actually, I voted for a Lib Dem called Mike Smithson in Jericho & Osney in the Oxford City Council election in 2002.
  • Options
    Is it hard to get into a count - one of us here should try and head to the next by-election and report what's going on without the absolute codswallop most journos seem to come up with when they're trying to mark time.
  • Options
    ping said:

Ld 1.91
    Con 2.04

This is turning out to be a real rollercoaster ride. I can't remember a by-election like it.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Woohoo!!

Maybe, but can I just say for the record that any MP in any party who tried to depose their leader due to a council by-election should be recalled for the good of the nation.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,613
    Andy_JS said:

Scott_xP said:

Shameless opportunism !
  • Options

I'd laugh so hard if Labour do shock everyone and win. Since I keep trading by laying Tories/LDs, I've got an increasingly big green next to Labour now.

There is zero chance of Labour winning. Clearly many/most of their supporters have switched to the LDs this time.
  • Options

He has half a point.
    Labour might have been in contention if the by-election was called post- party-gate.

But the accepted wisdom as of the O-Patz defenestration was that the LDs were the only feasible challenger.

The fact that BJO doesn’t like it, is neither here nor there.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

ping said:

Ld 1.91
    Con 2.04

This is turning out to be a real rollercoaster ride. I can't remember a by-election like it.
    Market back to an absolute coin toss.

Nobody has a clue, do they?
  • Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,932
    Green gain in Ashford.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,046
    I walked past Darkeford a few weeks ago in the street. Never seen him before here in his constituency. It was a Sunday afternoon and he was wearing shorts, if I hadn't recognised him I would have mistaken him for a rather doddery pensioner.
  • Options
    JBriskin3JBriskin3 Posts: 1,254
    Pulpstar said:

Is it hard to get into a count - one of us here should try and head to the next by-election and report what's going on without the absolute codswallop most journos seem to come up with when they're trying to mark time.

PBers might be able to wangle a press pass?
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704

Pulpstar said:

Death takes a while.
    As one of the 'older' cohort, 67, today I tested positive on two LFT, awaiting PCR result.
    Wait to see how AZ/AZ/Moderna manages severity. Not perfect at protecting against infection!
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

Actually, I voted for a Lib Dem called Mike Smithson in Jericho & Osney in the Oxford City Council election in 2002.
    And this Mike Smithson character, he must have crossed you terribly after that.

Some dark story must explain your LD-phobia.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Quincel said:

Pulpstar said:

Harry Cole
    @MrHarryCole
    · 5h

Hopes of a strongish Labour showing splitting the anti-Tory votes have evaporated, sources say.

Libby Wiener on ITV news at the count says it looks possible Labour could have deprived the LDs of victory

Pip Moss ( @Quincel )

Don’t have to open boxes though? Those brilliant exit polls that predict general elections, is before boxes open, though last time they got sample group to repeat on slips what the just done, but you don’t need to go that far for the parties to have feel how it’s gone in certain places they need? Obviously this is my first bet and experience of this, but in bex and sid that same gut feel from the party workers knew the result at 2200 didn’t it?
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891

Scott_xP said:

1. This is a by-election not a GE
    2. The psephology for Labour at the next election is quite different from that facing Boris in 2019
    3. As often pointed out; LD ceiling is/was higher than Labour’s in this seat.
    What does 3. mean Lab we're at nearly 32% less than 5 years ago and the LDs close to lost deposit territory
    Lets hope the Labour tactical voters are brighter than you. Sorry your man's Boris i forgot.
  • Options

As a Labour voter I'd have voted Lib Dem today, I am sure most Labour voters will too

Why. Lab started 9000 votes ahead of LDs.

How has it come to this?

BTW as an ABS voter I would have voted LD too.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

ping said:

Ld 1.91
    Con 2.04

Market back to an absolute coin toss.

Nobody has a clue, do they?
    Nope.
  • Options
    "Theo Usherwood
    @theousherwood

Tory view from the North Shropshire count is that from looking at the contents of the ballot boxes that have arrived first, it looks like the protest votes have coalesced around the Lib Dems.

Conservative source: “We’re in trouble.”

11:19 PM · Dec 16, 2021"

https://twitter.com/theousherwood/status/1471620962001076226
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

"Theo Usherwood
    @theousherwood

Tory view from the North Shropshire count is that from looking at the contents of the ballot boxes that have arrived first, it looks like the protest votes have coalesced around the Lib Dems.

Bye bye Boris.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I was there earlier today but not sure how you get into the count.
  • Options
    Tories getting walloped in council by-elections so far this evening.
  • Options
    People on twitter seem to be airbrushing the 1904 Oswestry by-election from history.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Woohoo!!

The LD Hexham campaign was rather fun - lots of shareable graphics of little Lego scenes constructed to make whatever local interest point they were focusing on.
    Brilliant! Infrastructure minister in the next Lib lab coalition. 😀
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

"Theo Usherwood
    @theousherwood

You love to see it.

I’m trying to go to bed. I just want a clear steer one way or t’other.
  • Options
    Gary_BurtonGary_Burton Posts: 737
    edited December 2021
    Andy_JS said:

There is zero chance of Labour winning. Clearly many/most of their supporters have switched to the LDs this time.
    I hope Lib Dems narrowly pull it off and it would be good if there's a by election in e.g. Shrewsbury in the near future where tactical voting could be reciprocated in favour of Labour.

I think the Lib Dems were always going to struggle to push Labour below 10% whether Labour campaigned or not.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

People on twitter seem to be airbrushing the 1904 Oswestry by-election from history.

People on twitter mis-reporting history, never....
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,405
    edited December 2021

Pulpstar said:

Death takes a while.

Those are admissions with covid right? Not necessarily because of?
    Groan. Not that shit again.....

EDIT: I will release the mutated flying lawyers with baseball bats if this goes much further....
  • Options
    Tories having a bad night so far in the local council by-elections.
  • Options

Quincel said:

Pulpstar said:

Harry Cole
    @MrHarryCole
    · 5h

Pip Moss ( @Quincel )

Don’t have to open boxes though? Those brilliant exit polls that predict general elections, is before boxes open, though last time they got sample group to repeat on slips what the just done, but you don’t need to go that far for the parties to have feel how it’s gone in certain places they need? Obviously this is my first bet and experience of this, but in bex and sid that same gut feel from the party workers knew the result at 2200 didn’t it?
    You can't do a one-off exit poll, the method works by running it in (mostly) the same places each election and comparing the shift in vote to extrapolate the outcome. So for by-elections you didn't have the data from last time (since the national exit poll doesn't use enough polling stations to give good data for any individual seat).

In theory party activists could get a sense from the campaign, but my view is that they are generally too emotionally involved and just not good enough at judging the situation from their anecdotal experience.
  • Options

Did you not see SKS's leaflets saying it was between Tories and Labour.

Although obviously he is a lying ****
  • Options
    Tories getting a caning in the Councils tonight. If that is any guide.
  • Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,932
    LD gain in West Lindsey. It seems that the anti-Tory vote is making the right choices.
  • Options

Why. Lab started 9000 votes ahead of LDs.

How has it come to this?

BTW as an ABS voter I would have voted LD too.
    I think if you were after getting tory flippers, it is easier for them to go LD than Lab? And easier then to squeeze the labour votes?
  • Options
    slade said:

Green gain in Ashford.

The Greens keep doing well in Kent local elections.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

How very dare they!!?
  • Options
    Tories are going to lose a lot of seats in 2024 to the Lib Dems.

Lib Dems back up to 20+ seats I reckon, going to see if I can get any odds on Guildford and Winchester being Lib Dem gains.

Labour/LD C&S has got to be a decent prediction
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,616
    Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

I was there earlier today but not sure how you get into the count.
    Stand as a candidate?
  • Options
    Green Gain from Tory in Asford

SKS loses another deposit in 4th
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

slade said:

Green gain in Ashford.

The Greens keep doing well in Kent local elections.
    I don't know Kent at all, but I'm surprised. Should I be?
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Tories getting a caning in the Councils tonight. If that is any guide.

Time for another party Johnson. In your own house.
  • Options

Tories are going to lose a lot of seats in 2024 to the Lib Dems.

Lib Dems back up to 20+ seats I reckon, going to see if I can get any odds on Guildford and Winchester being Lib Dem gains.

Labour/LD C&S has got to be a decent prediction

Funny you mention this, there might be an article coming in the next 48 hours about such a bet...
This discussion has been closed.